Obsidian's Duel Masters Cards

OmegaWave

[align=center]FINALLY!

Yes, I am creating custom Duel Masters cards. If you want one, give me a FULL description and would like to have a Picture too and i'll try and make for you.

GuileDuelMastersCard.png

Card Frame credit goes to yangninja.

Tell me how I did![/align]

Nice Obsidian' date=' though I [b']HATE[/b] Duel Masters.

I wasn't really into Duel Masters until recently. I found my old "Duel Masters: Kaijudo Showdown" GBA game and started playing it. I got hooked on it again. Then I downloaded "Duel Masters: Shadow of the Code" and it made my addiction to it even greater.

What sort of Deck do you run? I prefer a Water-Light-Nature Deck that focuses heavily on Blockers and the Water Civilization aspect (translation: Crystal Lancer is the 'big guns', and I just so happen to run Aqua Guard).

And now, seeing as my posting in a card thread wouldn't quite be complete without even the barest of reviews . . . that type of effect you put for Guile is usually denoted as a Power Attacker effect (i.e., it says "Power Attacker [insert boost here] (While attacking, this creature gets [insert boost here] power.)") . . . don't worry, I'm sure we can work together to find a site you can use to reference Duel Masters OCG.

Some notable effect that you (and the rest of the people who are interested) should know:

[spoiler=Blocker]Basically, a Blocker creature can force a battle between an attacking creature and itself by tapping itself. These creatures are usually meant to take the hit for you and die, but there are some pretty epic Blockers out there, particularly in the Light and Water Civilizations.

[spoiler=Slayer]A Darkness-exclusive horrorshow, a Slayer creature basically has the equivalent of YGO's Zanji-break -- a monster it battles dies no matter what. Typically weak creatures meant to simply take out a threat (there's no such thing as taking Battle Damage in Duel Masters, so you don't have to worry about that).

[spoiler=Survivors]Not really so much an 'effect' as it is a 'subtype', it basically boils down to teamwork -- every Survivor out gets the effects of ALL SURVIVORS YOU CONTROL. So if you have one that's a Slayer and a Blocker, for example, you could use ANY Survivor you have to block an attack and then thusly KILL what had it battled. NOTE: If you want to make a Survivor, PLEASE note that there is a naming scheme -- '[insert card name'] Q'. The 'Q' is to denote that it is a Survivor. For those of you who actually want to get into the game IRL, the pack to get the most of these guys is 'Survivors of the Megapocalypse' (surprise, surprise[/sarcasm]).

[spoiler=Double (or Triple) Breaker](Yes, Triple Breakers exist.) In Duel Masters, you start out with five Shields -- once they're gone and you get attacked directly, you lose. So imagine your horror to learn that some creatures can break TWO Shields. THAT is what a Double Breaker does. A Triple Breaker takes this a step further and gets rid of THREE at once.

[spoiler=Evolution]Some monsters can only be played by 'evolving' a monster you have on the field already. This works simply by tapping enough mana to play the Evolution creature and then placing it on a creature you control of the proper race -- for that's the deciding factor for Evolution, a race. For example, my deck has a Cost 1 Blocker by the name of Aqua Guard. He's a creature of the Liquid People race. So I can choose to, if I tap 6 Mana for my Cost 6 'Crystal Lancer' (or was it 'Crystal Paladin'? It's been so long my memory's foggy on that...) and then play it on top of my Aqua Guard. And yes, you can play a creature and then evolve it on the same turn (i.e., if I had 7 mana free and at least 2 were Water Civilization, I could go out and play Aqua Guard and THEN level him up for a nice smashing).

[spoiler=Speed Attacker]At least, I think that's what this is called. Basically, if a creature is played normally, it's 'sick' for a turn. So that means it can only attack on the next turn. Some creatures (and Evolution creatures by definition) are able to get around this 'sickness' and attack anyways.

[spoiler=Shield Trigger] It should be noted that when a Shield is 'broken' by an attack, it is added to your HAND rather than sent to the discard pile. However, some cards are able to be PLAYED when they're a shield that gets broken. So, sometimes you might want to deck these on the off chance it ends up in your Shields (it's normally random, though some Water-Civilization cards can swap out a card in your hand for a Shield, letting you set up one of these puppies).

[spoiler=Rainbow]Not sure quite what to call these trippy hellions other than that. Basically, they have TWO Civilizations to them, and will thusly usually have traits from both of them (for example, a Fire/Nature Civilization Spell that lets you destroy one Mana card and then make the top card of your Deck a Mana card). Rainbow Creatures have two races (for example, a creature that's a Gladiator [a Light-Civilization creature] and a Cyber Lord [a Water-Civilization creature] exists), and thusly can be used for Evolution creatures of either race (and for an added bonus, the Evolution creatures that are Rainbow tend to be able to be played ON either race, making them quite useful).

A word of caution, though, when decking these guys -- normally, you'd need Mana to match your cards' Civilization in order to use them . . . but in the case of Rainbow cards, you need BOTH colors (though that's what you'd do normally, it doesn't mean you can't get a pathetic hand full of one color and one nifty Rainbow you want to use). Also, if you try to use a Rainbow card as mana, it is played already-tapped -- i.e., it can't be used that turn, and you can only play 1 Mana card per turn.

Of course, a Rainbow card used as Mana can count as either Civilization (not both, though), so there is THAT to consider.

[spoiler=Wave Attacker]A relatively NEW gimmick (within the last pack or so), these are, like Survivors, exclusively-creatures. A Wave Attacker has an effect that ONLY works if you have 2 or more Wave Attackers on the field (i.e., they're best mobilized in waves). The ones that are out actually have somewhat decent effects, for some of them, so they might be worth your while . . . if you can use the mana to get them out quickly.

Also, one last thing: The various races are actually exclusive to their Civilizations -- for example, Worms and Chimeras are Darkness-exclusive, Beast Folk and Snow Pixies are Nature*-exclusive, Gladiators and Guardians are Light-exclusive, Liquid People and Cyber Lords are Water-exclusive, and Humans and Armorloids are Fire-exclusive.

There's also plenty more races than I already listed -- Demon Commands, Angel Commands, Horned Beasts, Cyber Viruses, Dragonoids . . . it's pretty vast, indeed.

Note to self: try to find a wiki for Duel Masters (that actually HAS everything one needs).

*Nature = Green

i'll take one. i love playing DM! its one of the most balenced TCG's out there. to bad they stoped making sets after 2006. my fave deck is Dark/Water civ.

name: fish-eye

cost: 4

nature(color): Red

type: Armorloid

power:6000

ability: When this creature battles, destroy it after the battle.

extra text: "A disposable assassin who self-distructs after completing it's mission."

pic: something with "Scud" in it.(Scud is my avitar)

BTW, i think Guile should be Red nature seeing that it's type is Human. but i like. :)

Archived