The 4th Egyptian God Card!

Flanchan

I made a 4th Egyptian God Card. :P

Just like Ra, Obelisk, and Slifer. They have different colors.

Here it is:

godphoenixrq6.jpg

What do you think?

EDIT: Ok. Here is an explanation, look at the other freakin god cards and you don't see an effect. And Obelisk is also overpowered and has 4000 atk and def! And it is not a fusion card!!!!!!! Its the color that makes it a god card. Just like Ra, Slifer, and Obelisk!! Obelisk is blue and I don't see anyone saying its a ritual card!!!! So, think HARD before you rate or comment!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slifer-X000 is correct. The original names were real Egytian Gods(except Obelisk...that was just a type of Egyptian architecture/monument). Here are where the names are derived from:

The Saint/Sky Dragon of Osiris-Derived from Osiris, Egyptian god of life, death and fertility

The Sun Dragon of Ra-Derived from Ra, Egypitan god of the sun, carried the Sun through the underworld on a boat, which the Egyptians used(I believe-I'm not 100% positive) to explain the rising and setting of the sun.

The God of Obelisk-Derived from the stone monument/type of architechture called an "obelisk", which was a monolith that ended with a pyramid-like top. Here's a picture of one:

512541.JPG

Wait. Doesn't "The Creator God of Light, Horakhty" count as the 4th Egyptian God? It's a Fusion of all of them AND it's name is derived from an Egyptian God PLUS it is an official creation of Kazuki Takahashi? I think it does, so here is where his name is derived from:

The Creator God of Light, Horakhty-Derived from "Ra-Horakhty", which was a combination of two gods-Ra, the god of the sun and Horus, god of the sky-and was therefore believed to be the "god of the rising sun". As a side note, Horus was the son of Osiris, so when you think about it, the 4th Egyptian God being named "Horakhty" is quite fitting-its name is derived from a combination of one of the God Cards(Ra) and the son of another God Card(Osiris). Hope that helped clear some things up with the naming.

As for the card itself, 4/10. The picture looks awesome but the description isn't very creative and the card as a whole isn't very creative. Besides, there's already a 4th Egyptian God-and it's a fusion!

Why is it that no one even cares to mention the big-*** informative post I wrote for you guys? XD Anyways, the only God Card who isn't techincally a "god" is Obelisk-Osiris, Ra and Horakhty are all based on Egyptian Gods. Sure, Osiris isn't techincally a god-he's called "The Heaven Dragon OF Osiris"-but neither is Ra-he's "The Sun Dragon OF Ra".

And Isis and Set aren't the only main two gods. There were quite a few main gods. Anubis was a main god, since the process of embalming was an important and sacred process to the Egytians-Anubis was the god of the dead and embalming. Horus is another one-although he was the god of the sky, the Egyptians paid great reverence to him and I believe he was thought of as the protector of the Pharaoh-who was considered a god and a HUGE part of Egyptian religion, so he could be considered a major god. Isis I would agree with about being a main god, but Set wasn't-he was the chief god of the desert, but was not a god of major importance(like Ra, Osiris, Horus or Anubis) that was revered by the Egyptians. Even though Horus was simply the god of sky, he was the guardian of the pharaoh-which was enough to have him considered a "main god".

3/10. I'm getting tired of people creating overpowered God Card/Exodia fusions/etc.

QFT. Besides' date=' isn't "The Creator of Light, Horakty" the 4th God anyway? Also, I repeat:

Why is it that no one even cares to mention the big-*** informative post I wrote for you guys? XD

Ok. Here is an explanation, look at the other freakin god cards and you don't see an effect. And Obelisk is also overpowered and has 4000 atk and def! And it is not a fusion card!!!!!!! Its the color that makes it a god card. Just like Ra, Slifer, and Obelisk!! Obelisk is blue and I don't see anyone saying its a ritual card!!!! So, think HARD before you rate or comment!

Ok. Here is an explanation' date=' look at the other freakin god cards and you don't see an effect. And Obelisk is also overpowered and has 4000 atk and def! And it is not a fusion card!!!!!!! Its the color that makes it a god card. Just like Ra, Slifer, and Obelisk!! Obelisk is blue and I don't see anyone saying its a ritual card!!!! So, think HARD before you rate or comment!

[/quote']

...*cringes*...you're saying COLOR makes a God card. COLOR. Holy ****!

Me AND various other users have already stated that the God Cards(Ra, Obelisk, Osiris/Slifer and Horakty) are all versed into Egyptian mythology somehow(except Obelisk-however, an obelisk was an Egyptian monument. So we'll let that one slide)! It doesn't MATTER what card color they are! They just happen to have that color coding. Here's the big explanation you seemed to miss:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/showthread.php?tid=14904&pid=221186#pid221186

What I'm going to say is that Ra, Osiris/Slifer and Horakty were all based on Egyptian gods. The phoenix was not a god-it was a mythical animal. In mythological beliefs, a god is a unique being(although they may have incarnations; they are still in essence the same god)-it might be able to be imitated to an extent, but can never be truly and perfectly duplicated by another entity. There may be many gods-a god of weather, air, etc-but in Aztec mythology, there is one Queztolcoatl, not three. However, there are many phoenixes. So, we based it on the fact that his card is A)Not rooted in any Egyptian mythology and B)was rather bland. There were Phoenixes in Egyptian mythology, although they were called a different name-however, other cultures had their versions of the phoenix, so it can't be considered unique to the Egyptians.

It's a lot deeper than COLOR. You should be talking about thinking hard before rating and commenting; there are other factors we based it upon, too; "God Phoenix" isn't very creative, the description-"The ultimate god phoenix that rules over all the egyptian gods" and in general, it just wasn't a good card.

Archived