Dark Magician Deck

danilyu

Well, I recently bought a Deck for nostalgic purposes (lol), and it's Dark Magician themed. Not meant to be competitive (like the Blackwings), but I could use some feedbacks so that I get a better comprehension on how to make better Decks. Well, here goes:

Monsters (23)

-Dark Magician x3

-Dark Magician Girl x3

-Magician's Valkyria x3

-Skilled Dark Magician x2

-Royal Magical Library x2

-Apprentice Magician x2

-Old Vindictive Magician x2

-Sorcerer of Dark Magic x1

-Breaker the Magical Warrior x1 <<<<

-King of the Swamps x3

-Gorz the Emissary of Darkness x1 <<

Spells (13)

-Polymerization x2

-Magical Citadel of Endymion x2 <<<

-Lightning Vortex x2

-Dark Magic Attack x2

-Dark Magic Curtain x2

-MST x1

-Creature Swap x1 <<<<

-Enemy Controller x1

-Magical Dimension x2

Traps (7)

-Divine Wrath x1

-Sakuretsu Armor x2

-Magician's Circle x2

-Seven Tools of the Bandit x2

Extra Deck (2)

Dark Paladin x2

I don't plan on buying more cards (as I have to go to school soon), but I would like to have a chance to discuss this Deck. As you can see, it's Dark Magiclan (Girl) themed (because they rock), but I can clearly see room for improvement. Why I did not act on it, I would like to get feedback first. So let's talk about a few things:

-Enemy Controller and Creature Swap are there so that I can use my naturally weak monsters to my advantage.

-Magical Citadel of Endymion. I was planning on making my Deck have 40 cards only, and I couldn't think of what else to put in (without having to spent lots of money, thus no Dark Bribe or Sage's Stone), but I thought this wouldn't be such a bad idea because I do have quite an abundance of Spells and a fair bit of my cards use Spell Counters.

-Sorcerer of Dark Magic. Well, seems situational, but I have cards to make it summonable (i.e. Magical Dimension, Magician's Circle, Dark Magic Curtain). This is perhaps the most productive reason for me having Dark Magician Girls in my deck.

-Dark Paladin. Just for the lolz. I thought it would emphasize on the Dark Magician theme of the deck, and an infinite Magic Jammer, which is a bonus. This + Sorcerer of Dark Magic = yay, but that's just too situational.

Yeah...I bought cards just for the sake of keeping them (mainly for nostalgic value), and I don't have many spare cards (my most valuable card is EI Chacu Challhua, 1stEd, Ultimate Rare), but thanks for looking!

Good for general Spellcasters, but really, Dark Magician Support, Dark Paladin, and Dark Magician Girl need their own separately-themed decks. You're missing a few crucial cards from each one.

Tell me, which of the three (DM support, Paladin, or DMG) do you want to focus on the most? I know you don't really buy cards, but I'd like to know.

Good for general Spellcasters' date=' but really, Dark Magician Support, Dark Paladin, and Dark Magician Girl need their own separately-themed decks. You're missing a few crucial cards from each one.

Tell me, which of the three (DM support, Paladin, or DMG) do you want to focus on the most? I know you don't really buy cards, but I'd like to know.

[/quote']

If I had to choose one, I'd go for Paladin because DMG is useless without DM. I already spent enough money on my so-called card collection, so yeah, I don't plan on improving the physical deck unless if I already have the necessary cards...

For Paladin' date=' check the "Dark Paladin IRL" deck from my sig. I'm also missing some cards (Elemental Hero Prisma for one), but it's almost what you need.

[/quote']

I have some questions:

-What does "IRL" mean?

-How come you don't use King of the Swamp over Dark Hex?

EDIT: I think I figured out what IRL means...means "in real life" doesn't it?

For Paladin' date=' check the "Dark Paladin IRL" deck from my sig. I'm also missing some cards (Elemental Hero Prisma for one), but it's almost what you need.

[/quote']

I have some questions:

-What does "IRL" mean?

-How come you don't use King of the Swamp over Dark Hex?

EDIT: I think I figured out what IRL means...means "in real life" doesn't it?

Yes to IRL. I don't use KotS because I don't have it.

I think I can see another reason why you'd run Dark Hex over KotS; it's allurable. I think I can see the logic behind this deck; spam searcher spells while Skilled Dark Magician's on the field (hopefully activating Emblem) and get enough Spell Counters to bring out Dark Magician. In your deck, if you had one, would you put in 1 or 2 Royal Decrees to lock down traps, or is that a bad idea? Also, IMO, Spirit Reaper is better than Marshmallon for the small fact that it is allurable.

I think I can see another reason why you'd run Dark Hex over KotS; it's allurable. I think I can see the logic behind this deck; spam searcher spells while Skilled Dark Magician's on the field (hopefully activating Emblem) and get enough Spell Counters to bring out Dark Magician. In your deck' date=' if you had one, would you put in 1 or 2 Royal Decrees to lock down traps, or is that a bad idea? Also, IMO, Spirit Reaper is better than Marshmallon for the small fact that it is allurable.

[/quote']

I generally like to use my traps, so Decree is a no. And while SR is Allureable, it's too easily destroyed when I do have it out. My opponent just has to select it as a Spell target and my field is clear. Marshy can actually save me.

if your using Citadel for filler' date=' have you considered taking it out and placing Secret Village instead? i mean Citadel is good, but theres not many targets in your deck for it.

[/quote']

I could do that, but then there would be little purpose of having Dark Paladin (not that it's a bad thing, in terms of deck strength). To be honest, I was gonna make an Endymion deck, but I thought that it would be too boring as it wasn't depicted in the anime (or at least as far as I know). Plus, everyone likes DMG :p

You dont have to but...

- 1 Gorz

+ 1 Dark Red Enchanter

Yeeah, Gorz was mainly filler after I bought a Dark Legends double-pack thing, but if by some strange chance I wanna spend more money on cards, I'd go to a nearby comic store and get me a DRE lol.

Archived