Erectin' a TF2 Set!

Stan Alda

This now my third attempt at making a Team Fortress 2 set! :shock:

This features not only the classes; not only an Equip Spell card for each class (based on their unlockable weapons); but also a Normal Spell based on each classes' taunt attack and a Field Spell Card.

The monsters actually have little in common with each other, aside from the TF2 prefix in their name, which is crucial to the workings of the "TF2: 2Fort" Field Spell Card. They're intended to be somewhat splashable, but their Equip Spells and Normal Spells give them their real power.

For example, an ordinary "TF2: Scout" can attack twice per turn. But when equipped with the "Force-o-Nature", he removes attacked monsters from play. And, with his "Bonk!" Normal Spell card, he can throw in yet another removed monster, absolutely free. And that's just the Scout!

Now, without further ado, here is the TF2 Set!

[spoiler=Monsters]

[spoiler=TF2: Demo-Man]449553p.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]FIRE/Warrior/Effect

Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can Special Summon one "Sticky Bomb" from your Deck or hand. Increase the ATK of this monster by 100 for each "Sticky Bomb" on the field.

1700/1400

[spoiler=TF2: Sticky Bomb]449553y.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]FIRE/Machine/Effect

This monster cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This monster can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "TF2: Demo-Man". When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, inflict 500 damage to your opponent.

0/0

[spoiler=TF2: Engineer]190391.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]EARTH/Warrior/Effect

As long as this card is on the field, you may choose from one of these effects during your Main Phase:

-Special Summon 1 " TF2: Sentry Lvl 1" from your hand.

-Special Summon 1 "TF2: Dispenser" from your hand.

-Increase the ATK of one Machine-Type monster on your side of the field by 300 points.

1400/1200

[spoiler=TF2: Dispenser]449553.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]EARTH/Machine/Effect

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "TF2: Engineer". Once during your Main Phase, you may add 2 Spell Cards from your Deck to your hand as long as this card is on the field.

0/1600

[spoiler=TF2: Sentry LV1]449553y.jpg

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "TF2: Engineer". During the End Phase, if this card destroyed a monster by battle, you can send this card to the Graveyard to Special Summon 1 "TF2: Sentry LV2" from your Hand or Deck.

1500/1000

[spoiler=TF2: Sentry LV2]449553.jpg

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "TF2: Sentry LV1". During the End Phase, if this card destroyed a monster by battle, you can send this card to the Graveyard to Special Summon 1 "TF2: Sentry LV3" from your Hand or Deck.

1900/1600

[spoiler=TF2: Sentry LV3]449553o.jpg

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "TF2: Sentry LV2".

2400/2100

[spoiler=TF2: Heavy]449553q.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]EARTH/Warrior/Gemini

This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. While this card is face-up on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it be treated as an Effect Monster with these effects:

-If there is a "TF2: Medic" on your side of the field, increase this monster's ATK and DEF by 300.

-If there is a "TF2: Dispenser" on your side of the field, this monster can attack twice per turn.

2400/2000

[spoiler=TF2: Medic]449553.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]LIGHT/Warrior/Effect

You may choose 1 of these effects during your Main Phase:

-Increase the ATK and DEF of one monster on your side of the field by 500 points until the end of your current turn.

-Increase your Life Points by 800 points.

1000/1200

[spoiler=TF2: Pyro]190391.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]FIRE/Pyro/Effect

If this monster is attacked by a FIRE monster, increase this monster's ATK and DEF by 200 until the end of your opponent's current Battle Phase. If your opponent declares an attack on this monster, you can discard 2 cards from the top of your Deck to negate the attack and end your opponent's Battle Phase.

1800/1400

[spoiler=TF2: Scout]449553.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]WIND/Warrior/Effect

This monster can attack twice during your Battle Phase.

1300/1200

[spoiler=TF2: Spy]449553h.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]DARK/Warrior/Effect

You may choose 1 of these effects during your Main Phase:

-Destroy 1 Level 4 or lower Machine-Type monster on your opponent's side of the field.

-Select one monster on your opponent's side of the field. This card's name, Attribute, and Type are changed to that of the equipped monster.

1200/1000

[spoiler=TF2: Soldier]449553.jpg

Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can destroy up to 2 Level 3 or lower monsters on your opponent's side of the field. Skip your next Battle Phase.

1500/1300

[spoiler=TF2: Sniper]449553.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned or Set, it is flipped to face-up Defense Position. This card must remain in face-up Defense Position until your Battle Phase. At the start of your Battle Phase, this monster is changed to Attack Position. During each of your End Phases, this card gains 300 ATK. If this card attacks, it is returned to face-up Defense Position and its ATK is returned to 1800, after damage calculation. This monster cannot be changed to Attack position except by its own effect.

1800/800

[spoiler=Equip Spells]

[spoiler=TF2: Ambassador]449553.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]SPELL/Equip

This card can only be equipped to "TF2: Spy". A monster equipped with this card decreases its ATK by 200. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can toss a coin and call it. If you call it right, increase the equipped monster's ATK by 1000 until the end of the turn this effect is activated.

[spoiler=TF2: Backburner]449553y.jpg

This can only be equipped to "TF2: Pyro". If a monster equipped with this card attacks a Defense-position monster, increase the equipped monster's ATK by 500 until the end of the Battle Phase.

[spoiler=TF2: Blutsauger]449553s.jpg

This can only be equipped to "TF2: Medic". Increase your Life Points by 200 each time a monster equipped with this card attacks.

[spoiler=TF2: Force-O-Nature]449553u.jpg

This can only be equipped to "TF2: Scout". If a monster equipped with this card attacks a monster, the attacked monster is removed from play at the end of the Damage Step. Damage is calculated as normal.

[spoiler=TF2: Scottish Resistance]449553e.jpg

This can only be equipped to "TF2: Demo-Man". As long as this card is on the field, you may discard one "Sticky Bomb" during your Main Phase to inflict 500 damage to your opponent's Life Points.

[spoiler=TF2: Direct Hit]449553c.jpg

This can only be equipped to "TF2: Soldier". A monster equipped with this card increases its ATK by 400 and has its effects negated.

[spoiler=TF2: Frontier Justice]190391m.jpg

This card can only be equipped to "TF2: Engineer". When a monster on your side of the field with "TF2: Sentry" in its name destroys a monster in battle, place one Spell Counter on the equipped monster (max. 4). When a monster on your side of the field with "TF2: Sentry" in its name is destroyed, increase the ATK of the equipped monster by 200 for each Spell Counter on the equipped monster.

[spoiler=TF2: Hunstman]449553l.jpg

This can only be equipped to "TF2: Sniper". Decrease the ATK of a monster equipped with this card by 200. During battle between a monster equipped with this card and a Defense Position monster whose DEF is lower than the ATK of the equipped monster, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent.

[spoiler=TF2: Natascha]449553.jpg

This can only be equipped to "TF2: Heavy". A monster equipped with this card decreases its ATK by 300. As long as this card is on the field, you may select one monster on your opponent's side of the field. That monster cannot attack next turn.

[spoiler=Taunt Attacks/Misc. (Warning: CONTAINS A JOKE CARD!)]

[spoiler=TF2: Bonk!]449553u.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]SPELL/Normal

This card can only be activated if there is a "TF2: Scout" on your side of the field. Select one Level 4 or lower monster on your opponent's side of the field and remove it from play. Skip your next Battle Phase.

[spoiler=TF2: Hadouken]449553e.jpg

This card can only be activated if there is a "TF2: Pyro" on your side of the field. Select one card on your opponent's side of the field and inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to half the selected monster's ATK. Skip your next Battle Phase.

[spoiler=TF2: Showdown (WARNING: JOKE CARD!)]449553t.jpg

This card can only be played if there is a "TF2: Heavy" on your side of the field. Pay 1000 Life Points and discard all monsters on your side of the field except "TF2: Heavy". Quickly get up from your seat and yell "POW!" at your opponent while pointing a finger-pistol at him/her. If he/she flinches/falls over, you win the game; if not, continue play as normal.

[spoiler=TF2: Grenade]449553x.jpg

This card can only be activated if there is a "TF2: Soldier" on your side of the field. Discard a "TF2: Soldier" card on your side of the field to destroy up to 3 monsters on your opponent's side of the field.

[spoiler=TF2: Spinal Tap]190391.jpg

This card can only be activated if there is a "TF2: Medic" on your side of the field. Select one monster on your opponent's side of the field and increase your Life Points by an amount equal to half the selected monster's ATK. Skip your next Battle Phase.

[spoiler=TF2: Decapitation]190391u.jpg

This card can only be activated if there is a "TF2: Demoman" on your side of the field. Select one monster on your opponent's side of the field. Destroy it and increase the ATK of a "TF2: Demoman" on your side of the field by 500. Skip your next Battle Phase.

[spoiler=TF2: Organ Grinder]190391.jpg

This card can only be activated if there is a "TF2: Engineer" on your side of the field. Select one Level 4 or lower monster on your opponent's side of the field. Destroy it and inflict 500 points of damage to your opponent's Life Points. Skip your next Battle Phase.

[spoiler=TF2: Skewer]190391x.jpg

This card can only be activated if there is a "TF2: Sniper" on your side of the field. Select one monster on your opponent's side of the field. It cannot attack next turn and is destroyed at the end of that turn's End Phase. Skip your next Battle Phase.

[spoiler=TF2: Fencing]190391.jpg

This card can only be activated if there is a "TF2: Spy" on your side of the field. Activate by selecting 1 face-up Defense Position monster your opponent controlsl. Until the End Phase, increase the ATK of "TF2: Spy" by the DEF of your opponent's selected monster. Skip your next Battle Phase.

[spoiler=TF2: 2Fort]190391.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]SPELL/Field

Increase the ATK and DEF of all "TF2" monsters on your side of the field by 200. As long as this card is on the field, you can pay 800 Life Points to Special Summon a "TF2" monster from your Graveyard.

As usual, read and review.

The sentrys are already too easy to play.

You should probably change the summoning part to "During the End Phase' date=' if this card destroyed a monster by battle, you can send this card to the Graveyard to Special Summon 1 "_____" from your Hand or Deck."

I'd give this a 8.5/10

[/quote']

Thanks for the review and advice. I'll change the Sentries.

The Spy seems kind of OPed.

Some pics' date=' I think, could be a bit better.

Overall it is 9/10

[/quote']

Thank you for the review. My reasoning behind the Spy's lack of drawbacks were its lousy ATK and DEF. In fact, a single Gemini Elf could destroy most of the monsters here, save for the Heavy and the Sentry LV3. But I see your point.

• 1 month later...

Due to a bizarre occurrence involving Mel Brooks' Silent Movie, a can of Spam, and some unsolved problems of physics, my Internet service provider had shut me down for the past few weeks. But now I am ready to provide some more cards! I'm not sure if I'll make any cards based on the Engineer update, due to a lack of pictures...we shall see. In any event, here comes (drumroll, please)...the Soldier!

[spoiler=Soldier and Direct Hit]

449553.jpg

TF2: Soldier

EARTH/Warrior/Effect

Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can destroy two Level 3 or lower monsters on your opponent's side of the field. Skip your next Battle Phase.

1500 / 1300

449553q.jpg

TF2: Direct Hit

Spell/Equip

This can only be equipped to "TF2: Soldier". A monster equipped with this card increases its ATK by 400 and has its effects negated.

You might want to change the "TF2:" to "TF2 -". That's how it's usually done. But meh, it doesn't matter that much.

Most of the effects are quite well adapted, good job on that.

For the sentries, if you're going to use the "LV" format, they have to actually be that Level. Also, they seem pretty weak given their summoning requirements. Maybe give them an effect?

The Heavy's effect is UP'd. Gemini effects are usually much stronger than that to make up for having to Summon the same monster twice.

Pyro is too weak and I don't understand the justification for its effect. Perhaps instead its effect could be that it destroys a monster that attacks it while it's face-down (adaptation of the Pyro's ambush strategy). If you use that effect, probably lower its Level and perhaps its ATK too.

The Spy's effect should also change its name, I think. But I don't see why the equipped monster should take the hit for the Spy. Also, you haven't specified that it would take the hit for an attack that would otherwise kill the Spy, so (if you keep that effect) change it to "If this card would be destroyed in battle, the equipped monster is destroyed instead."

Soldier's effect should say "up to 2... monsters". And the Sniper's ATK doesn't match up with what his effect says. Sniper's effect is also badly worded. Say that he changes to Defense when he's Summoned, and he can't be changed to Attack except by his own effect. Then that "At the start of your Battle Phase, this monster is changed to Attack Position." And the sniper rifle doesn't charge that slowly, does it? I think it should gain more than 200 ATK.

I like how you adapted the Backburner, Ambassador and Force-A-Nature, but I think a crit for the Backburner should get you more than 300 ATK, eh? Oh and make sure the ATK increase only lasts for that battle.

Taunts are cool.

CND+3.5.

Spy updated with a more balanced effect. His ATK and DEF don't change, and the opposing monster is merely selected, not equipped as an Equip Spell card. In addition, his machine-destroying effect now only works on Level 4 or lower monsters, so you can't just whip him out against your opponent's Cyber End Dragon or what-have-you.

I'm happy with the Pyro's effect, ATK and DEF, so there he stays.

Heavy updated so he has an effect with a "TF2: Dispenser" on the field. if you have both a Medic and a Dispenser on the field, his ATK can jump to 3200 (temporarily) and he can attack twice per turn. Is that powerful enough for you?

Sentry levels changed. I noticed "TF2: Sentry LV1" can be equipped with "Opti-Camouflage Armor", allowing him to attack an opponent's Life Points directly (hint, hint).

Soldier's effect updated.

Sniper's effect updated, as per ChaosInifinity's suggestions. In addition, his attack increases slightly faster.

Many thanks to ChaosInfinity for his suggestions and review.

ZOMBS421253k, would you mind telling me what those OCG errors are? I want to fix them before I go any further.

Anyone else have reviews?

• 2 weeks later...

Demoman Taunt Kill card added.

I know there isn't an Eyelander card, so the Demoman does pull the sword out of nowhere. The effect is kind of based on what I would have used for an actual Eyelander card, but I restricted this set's Equip Spells to each class's unlockable primary weapon. So, unfortunately, there will be no Jarate card--you won't experience the joy of bombarding your least favorite enemy monster with jars of piss. Sorry.

• 3 weeks later...

NOTE: This is not a necrobump!

I have made a massive overhaul of the interface on this set. Each card has its own spoiler, along with a separate spoiler for its lore. This will hopefully make this set easier to read.

Sniper, Spy, and Engineer taunt kills coming later today, along with the field spell card.

Archived