OK I'm just going to go right out there and say this

chedbonlahor

I know this is controversial, but I don't care:

Have you ever been in a contest/1 on 1 and you have slaved away putting you heart and soul into a card, striving over each and every one of its components making sure it is absolutely perfect for the contest. When you finish you look back and say "Hey...this is quite good I may have a good chance in thsi contest" So you go and post it. You check back in about 20 minutes and some COMPLETE and utter *&^&)$£ stupid-ass ^£"!$%& comes along with a card covered in glossy effects. The card is shiny/has spoilers/has embeoided leteres/Moves/has goldern border/is completely huge/have a zeroing effect/and many many more (OH YES these are all things i have encountered in different contests). You just look at it and say how...how is this fair in anyway, the judge is just going to see this and go wow its huge the letters are all twinkly, he will sit there amazed staring at his computer screen and give it an automatic 10. Now my problem is not with Judges but with thease people for posting these cards, they are simply not fair, regardless of wether the card is of good or bad quality, cards with shiny twinkly effects are not fair because they stand out from the crowd. I just want equality in contest, if you feel the urge to create fancy-shmancy cards host you own contest like that and create a card so luminous that the computer breaks. I am simply annoyed because I have seen so many good pieces of work overlooked because of a card with a fancy shining picture. I am acting on behalf of fairness, so before you shoot me down, if you are a card maker who does this think of those who spend lots of time working on their card's effects/name/utility/picture/ballance and if you are truly a good card maker you will rely on pure skill alone. I am asking for someone, anyone for support, tell me your stories, point of view I am willing to listen. I simply want a fairer YCM, so if there are any mods listening could there not be separate tournaments for people who want to use spoilers.

Thanks for listening

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tainted Black

Initial Reaction: tl;dr. I scanned.

Boohoo, I say to you. I'm gonna go ahead and tell you, Ched, that life, including YCM, is not fair. So they got all fancy. OK? Guess what? Presentation is part of the contest. Stupid people are stupid and will fall for the presentation, and not read the effects as much. Maybe, they disliked your card BEYOND special effects on the card. Simply put, it IS fair. As fair as it can be, newbie.

BTW: Wrong section. This is in comments/suggestions.

Boohoo, I say to you. I'm gonna go ahead and tell you, Ched, that life, including YCM, is not fair. So they got all fancy. OK? Guess what? Presentation is part of the contest. Stupid people are stupid and will fall for the presentation, and not read the effects as much. Maybe, they disliked your card BEYOND special effects on the card. Simply put, it IS fair. As fair as it can be, newbie.

[/q

Do you know what the revolutionists of the world said life isn't fair, they said f**k that and fight for change. The truth is that I agree with you card making is about presentation however the presentation part should take place within the little box at the top of the screen marked "CARD MAKER". Not everyone has the means at theirr disposal to create effects, contests should require everyone to be on a level field to determine who its the best. When I see someone post a card with fancy graphics all I see is a coward hiding behind their flashing JPG effects. Newbie.... Please newbies are those who are clueless. I am open to a reality far greater than your pixelated words my friend :P

Man up. Go cry somewhere else please.

Ha cry, i'm not crying i'm smirking at the wheels that have been put in motion. Do you honestly not see how monstrouly unfair it is for poor card makers to hide behind flashy effects. I dont have a problem with them, but there should be separate tournaments for them.

Guest Tainted Black

Do you know what the revolutionists of the world said life isn't fair, they said f**k that and fight for change. The truth is that I agree with you card making is about presentation however the presentation part should take place within the little box at the top of the screen marked "CARD MAKER". Not everyone has the means at theirr disposal to create effects, contests should require everyone to be on a level field to determine who its the best. When I see someone post a card with fancy graphics all I see is a coward hiding behind their flashing JPG effects. Newbie.... Please newbies are those who are clueless. I am open to a reality far greater than your pixelated words my friend :P

Newbie: A new person.

Also, I hold what I said. I don't care about revolutionaries, we are on the INTERNET. Your little thread's not gonna change the world. Life is not fair. Deal with it, or let th masses tear you apart. Your choice, newbie. I, honestly, could not care less.

So they are good at effects... so? That's part of presentation. Deal wiith it.

Ha cry, i'm not crying i'm smirking at the wheels that have been put in motion. Do you honestly not see how monstrouly unfair it is for poor card makers to hide behind flashy effects. I dont have a problem with them, but there should be separate tournaments for them.

Boo hoo. You aren't the leader of this site.

They're just mean or that they are just overcritical. Forget about it. It's only one person. Ignore him or neg him or something and leave.

Newbie: A new person.

Also, I hold what I said. I don't care about revolutionaries, we are on the INTERNET. Your little thread's not gonna change the world. Life is not fair. Deal with it, or let th masses tear you apart. Your choice, newbie. I, honestly, could not care less.

So they are good at effects... so? That's part of presentation. Deal wiith it.

All i see are card makers too afriad to show their skeletal skills, card making as i said should take place strictly card making domain becasue I know it you know it every1 knowes it shiny effects detract away from the core of the card, and that is the last I shall converse with yourself my friend.

All i see are card makers too afriad to show their skeletal skills, card making as i said should take place strictly card making domain becasue I know it you know it every1 knowes it shiny effects detract away from the core of the card, and that is the last I shall converse with yourself my friend.

Do you know, that this site isn't ALL about card making right? *Mega Gasp* Oh, did I spoil it for you?

Guest Tainted Black

Big man on campus decides who he talks to... lol. Look, I'm not a douche, and very few will tell you I am. I just don't think you HAVE any water for this float.

Guess what? GFX is PART of Card Making! Using the generator is just making the skeleton! You said so yourself. Now, what are all things, except insects, crustaceans, and the like, covered in? SKIN over their Skeleton. Thus, effects are fine.

Seriously? I'm tired of your moaning. All I EVER see is you posting about things that bother you. Whether it be a double account, or GFX, or whatever. THIS IS NOT YOUR SITE. Take it, or leave it.

Big man on campus decides who he talks to... lol. Look, I'm not a douche, and very few will tell you I am. I just don't think you HAVE any water for this float.

Guess what? GFX is PART of Card Making! Using the generator is just making the skeleton! You said so yourself. Now, what are all things, except insects, crustaceans, and the like, covered in? SKIN over their Skeleton. Thus, effects are fine.

Seriously? I'm tired of your moaning. All I EVER see is you posting about things that bother you. Whether it be a double account, or GFX, or whatever. THIS IS NOT YOUR SITE. Take it, or leave it.

PWND don't think so i'm just going to say what I say to all people who use effects like this. You are a minority you are cowards and your days are numbered.

Adios

PWND don't think so i'm just going to say what I say to all people who use effects like this. You are a minority you are cowards and your days are numbered.

Adios

None of those things are true.

1. YOU'RE the minority. A lot of other people like to spruce up cards.

2. YOU'RE the coward. You use the fact that they make flashy cards to hide the fact that you made crappy effected-ones.

3. They'll just grow, as more people learn to GFX. You can't change something that everyone perceives as good.

EDIT:

@cake: XD

I don't use effects, genius. I can't GFX to save my life. So, wanna try that again?

I'll give it a shot. You waste your points on them, I will say again that all card makers should maker their cards on an equal playing field, The field in question is the card maker. Anyway i know what's going on here, I have brought up something you wished was coverd and you see it as a threat and try to kill it. Perhaps you yourself are a good card maker perhaps your are not but the truth is the essence of who you are as a card maker becomes lost beneath effects emroidered letters and holos. I have nothing against them sometimes they look good but all i'm saying is, it isnt a lot so segregate contests between normal made cards and cards with effects added.

Archived