Norse Legends

snowyash

Even if you don't comment, at least vote.  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Are they any good?

• 10/10 material.
    • Quite good, maybe even usable
    • They're OK, nothing special.
    • Not too good, needs a lot of work.
    • Dreadful. Just give up.

9 Cards now, I think I'll start focusing on support cards for now.

[spoiler=Click Here]
[spoiler=Jormungandr]
[img]http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/1439/298805.jpg[/img]
[b]Lore[/b]
While this card is face-up on the field, decrease the ATK and DEF of all non-"Norse Legend" monsters by 500.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Fenris]
[img]http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/3825/298805q.jpg[/img]
[b]Lore[/b]
Once per turn, during your Standby Phase, you can remove from play any number of "Norse Legend" monsters in your hand. Inflict 500 damage for each card removed from play by this card's effect.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Yggdrasil]
[IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/34dpish.jpg[/IMG]
[b]Lore[/b]
Once per turn, you can pay 500 LP to add 1 'Norse Legend' from your Deck or that has been removed from play to your hand. All 'Norse Legend' monsters on your side of the field gain 300 ATK and DEF. All 'Norse Legend' monsters are removed from play instead of being sent to the Graveyard.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Valkyria]
[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/w36e0.jpg[/IMG]
[b]Lore[/b]
Once per turn, you can remove 1 'Norse Legend' monster in your Graveyard from play.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Fire Jotnur]
[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/5ycjdk.jpg[/IMG]
[b]Lore[/b]
When this card is removed from play, inflict 500 points of damage to your opponents Life Points.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Draugr]
[img]http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/1439/298805.jpg[/img]
[b]Lore[/b]
When this card is removed from play by the effect of a 'Norse Legend' card, you can pay 500 Life Points to Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Frost Jotnur]
[img]http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/1439/298805.jpg[/img]
[b]Lore[/b]
This card cannot attack your opponent directly. When this card attacks with an ATK that is higher than the DEF of a Defense Position monster, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points. When this card deals battle damage to the opponent, you can remove from play one "Norse Legend' for every 100 points of damage dealt.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Bifrost - The Road to Asgard]
[img]http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/4084/298805r.jpg[/img]
[b]Lore[/b]
Remove one "Norse Legend" Monster in your Hand from play. Add 1 "Asgard - Realm of the Gods" to the top of your Deck.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Jotunheimr - Realm of the Giants]
[img]http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/192/298805n.jpg[/img]
[b]Lore[/b]
Increase the ATK and DEF of all Monster Cards with "Jotnur" in their name by 300. All "Jotnur" gain 100 ATK for each "Norse Legend" Monster that is removed from play.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Any comments or criticism is welcome and ideas for more cards in the same vein will be considered.

hmmm well good job there not op'ed rare for us noobs lol but anyway

FENRIS:
This card is defiantly fair and properly does its job once you get it on the field, may i suggest the archetypal include some way to bring the monsters removed from play back because with most decks containing about 20 to 25 monster i couldn't see anyone getting any serious use out of this card because unless its a monster you cant summon at the moment its probably better severed left in your hand where it can be summoned if the need araises.

Jormungandr:
This card is very well made as far as wat it can do and how fair it is.Supports the archtype with overdoing it and isn't too easy to get into play 2100 atk seems very low for a two tribute monster i say buff it up 25 or 24 dont worry it wont op it it will only make it like totally meta game :)

Good pics too i like your style keep it up

[b]Jormungandr:

Overall okay. The effect is nice, the image is good and it seems pretty balanced. Your OCG could use some work though. 8.7/10

Fenris:

He is okay as well. Though, IMO the effect is not very useful. Though, his image is good, the card seems balanced but out of the 2, I find him less original and useful. But it's still not bad for a new member. 8.2/10

Both are pretty good, but you should work on your OCG(Official Card Grammar) a little more. Anyway, they are both nice. Good job.[/b]

I adore Norse mythology and love the concept. One thing I will say is try not to link them in with the Polar Beast cards. Also as much as I love Fenrir one already exists in the Yugioh world. However I am willing to let this slip because when I first sure the existing one I was dissapointed with what I saw (a level 4 monster with 1400 attack points). So to conclude well done. I will be watching this closely.

Hey there, cool effects! =P 9/10. I have suggestions for you (although I know little about Norse myths):

- Nidhogg (the dragon in charge of destroying Yggdrasil's roots)
- Ratatoskr (the squirrel that lives in the many branches of the Yggdrasil)
- Odin (when yu summon it, make it summon his two other raven spies, Huginn and Muninn)

Hope I gave ideas =P

[quote name='ScrapperTBP' timestamp='1287272239' post='4710631']
Also as much as I love Fenrir one already exists in the Yugioh world. However I am willing to let this slip because when I first sure the existing one I was dissapointed with what I saw (a level 4 monster with 1400 attack points).
[/quote]

The original was a real letdown wasn't it. I kinda hope using [b]Fenris[/b] instead would sorta help resolve the name problem.

[quote]Hey there, cool effects! =P 9/10. I have suggestions for you (although I know little about Norse myths):

- Nidhogg (the dragon in charge of destroying Yggdrasil's roots)
- Ratatoskr (the squirrel that lives in the many branches of the Yggdrasil)
- Odin (when yu summon it, make it summon his two other raven spies, Huginn and Muninn)

Hope I gave ideas =P[/quote]

Thanks for the rate, always good to be appreciated. As for suggestions:

- Nidhoog is definitely a monster I was wanting to add in, its just a matter of finding an effect to fit in around it. (I try and make the effects relevant to the Archetype and the subject itself)
- Ratatoskr I have actually attempted to make but lack of a decent picture meant I gave up in the end. I was not happy.
- Odin and the other Gods are something I'm working up to. Now that you mention it, the Ravens are something I could use to fill up the lower level gap.

Thanks to everyone for the good reviews, all comments are welcome, and as always card suggestions are open too.

[quote name='^_^AxManBoy^_^' timestamp='1287356354' post='4713401']
The cards have ocg errors. Pics are not that good. The cards work well together if you add some effects to some of the cards. These cards will get 3/10 from me

You know where the norse mythologi are from (which country/countries)
[/quote]

Any suggestions for OCG and effects? It helps if you can give me advice on how to improve.

Also, Norse mythology originates from Scandinavia - countries like Denmark, Finland. Technically, (I think) the actual Norse religion was pagan in practice.

[quote name='^_^AxManBoy^_^' timestamp='1287434687' post='4715651']
Denmark and Finland is not one of the countries the norse mythology comes from, it's Sweden, Norway and Iceland. And post the lores, then I correct them, I'm not correct them until you post them under the cards
[/quote]

I said Scandinavia - most of the mythology is influenced from the region, creatures and stories added from the seperate countries. I find it hard to believe that you can find nothing in Norse mythology from these countries. Finland had similar legends but were more Germanic in nature so I'll give you that one. Denmark however is certainly one of the countries where Norse mythology originated, but I suppose you didn't stop to check.

Do you really need lore to correct? You could just check the cards out and write some small changes, but I suppose you'd prefer to copy and just check OCG?

@^_^AxManBoy^_^ - OK lores are added. Seeing as how you gave my cards the lowest rating, I'm looking forwards to a more detailed opinion.

@Lord Smeagle - I'm not sure I understand. But I don't think it would be balanced to make it a bit of a beatstick and still have what could be a very useful effect.

[quote name='!.:The Rater:.!' timestamp='1287846951' post='4728553']
OCG Fix:
While this card is face-up on the field, all non-"Norse Legend" monster's ATK and DEF are decreased by 500.

I don't want to fix all of them but heres the first, pm me the cards 1 by 1 and i'll be glad to help you fix the lores for the cards.
Great idea though.
[/quote]

Right, changed Jormungandr, and I think I preferred your interpretation of it's effect over mine anyway.
I'll PM the rest, but it'd help if you add some details. (e.g. length of time between each sent, how to add cards to PM's, anything like that.)

Archived