Yugioh: Fusion of Worlds: Rise of the Emperors [starting] [accepting in ooc thread]

Blackwing-Master

"Clever, but that won't help much, unless your other face down negates attacks or destroys monsters, I still have Sirrocco and Gale to attack with, and Gale still halfs the attack of your dino. Sirrocco, attack Herbisaurus and gale attack Blazing Salamander." Both bird flew out of there perscribed zones and sliced though each monster. (if no response) "I guess I'll end my turn." [i]Great, now I'm stuck with dead tuners for the next three turns.[/i]
LP:2300
Hand:2
Field:ASirrocco, Gale, BWW, s/t
Graveyard:Foolish, Shura, Gale

Jack's mark coarsed with pain (when James failed to summon SDD). "This hasn't happened since we stopped that Dark Signers. Wonder, why now?"

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sola flipped up a Trap Card depicting an attack hitting a shining barrier.
[color=#FF0000]"I activate Mirror Force! It destroys all Attack Position monsters!"[/color]
The attacks just bounced off of the energy field that sprouted up around the two LV Monsters and hit the senders, destroying them.
[color=#FF0000]"Anything else?"[/color]

Aki and Israfel were about halfway to the docks when they ran into Alex.
[color=#FF1493]"Oh, look Israfel! Fuzzy Wuzzy had a deck! Fuzzy Wuzzy was a wreck!"[/color] Aki chided the Lombax.
Israfel chuckled nervously, not really wanting to get hurt.

Passing the Obelisk Girls Dorm, Alexander's large lombax ears picked up the words "Fuzzy Wuzzy". Having the odd feeling that those words were referring to him, he turns to face the source of the taunt: Miss Aki Ross of the Blackhearts.

"Now, Miss Ross," he replied, a slight smile forming in spite of possibly being insulted, "is that any way to refer to a teacher? I mean, yes, I am "fuzzy"," he added, his tail swishing a bit as his ears twitched, "but that just goes without saying, wouldn't you say?" After having said that, an idea flashed into his head. "Say, you seem rather bored yourself. Maybe you could help...," he said as he reached behind and grabbed hold of the Duel Disk strapped to his back, "to alleviate me of my own boredom."

With that, he pulled the Duel Disk off his back and equipped it onto his left arm. The Duel Disk itself was in the design reminiscent of the ones used during the Battle City Tournament, but instead it was terracotta in color and modified to perform the same as the current Duel Disk model used at the Academy. After setting his Duel Disk to "Active Mode" and inserting his Deck into the slot, he then continued in a chivalrous tone, "That is, of course, if the "Duel Queen" would be so gracious as to accept my humble challenge."

"You seem so confident I don't have a chain, but I do, and that is Starlight Road! I can negate a card that would destroy two or more cards and special summon Stardust Dragon. Now my attacks go through and I get and extra monster to attack you with. Go, Shooting Sonic!" The dragon shot a blast of light that seemed as if made of stars at the opponent. "See, you can't stop my dragon. I don't need synchro summoning." He grinned as his signer mark glowed once again. The pain pulsing threw James' arm was greater then usual.

LP:2300
Hand:2
Field:Stardust, Sirrocco, Gale, BWW, s/t
Graveyard:Foolish, Shura, Gale

Darren seen when Starlight Road was activated and Stardust Dragon flew out of the ground. He knew what would happen next and waited to see if it was a coincidence, but it wasn't. The same thing that happened before is happening again, the same burning, itching. and annoying sensation on his back. The only ting he could keep thinking about was [i]Why is this happening![/i] But unlike before, it was a more burning pain, worse than before. The pain was so horrendous, Darren had nothing else to do but drop to his knees in pain. He knew he attracted attention, but it couldn't stop him from enduring the pain he was feeling. But after a few moments, the pain went away, slowly, but surely. He slowly stood back up and watched the duel as if nothing happened with a pain look on his face.

Aki mused. [color=#FF1493]"Well, let's see. I've dueled you 6 times, and you won one of those because I had a crappy hand. Such a hard choice. Umm...No."[/color]
She calmly walked by him, but as she continued on, she stopped, and clutched her arm in pain.
[color=#800080]"Milady?!?"[/color] Israfel asked as he ran to her side.
[color=#FF1493]"I'm fine, Izzy."[/color] Aki replied, removing her left arm to reveal a glowing red claw-shaped tattoo on her right arm. [color=#FF1493]"But I honestly can't wait for that boat to get here."[/color]
[color=#800080]"How so?"[/color]
Aki looked out towards the boat entering the bay. [color=#FF1493]"There are Signers on that ship."[/color]

Sola turned off her Duel Disk, interrupting the duel. [color=#FF0000]"Alright, hot shot! You proved your point!"[/color] She patted him on the back as she headed back upstairs. [color=#FF0000]"Welcome to Duel Academy!"[/color]

"... well, crap," Alexander huffed to himself in disappointment as his request was denied on the spot. He then spoke up in a clear voice, "Very well, Miss Ross. I suppose we could each find someone who could entertain us--" He stopped mid-sentence as Aki let out a small gasp, gripping her arm. "Miss Ross?"

At that moment, something odd happened to Alexander; a small pang of pain struck his head, followed by a strange shift in his sense of balance. [i]"Wait, what is this...?"[/i] he thought to himself as he Gripped his head in his hands. Alexander swayed in the spot for a few seconds, then stumbled and bumped into Israfel.

Aki moved out of the way, but Israfel wasn't so lucky, and he landed in a mud puddle, ruining his outfit.
[color=#FF1493]"Izzy, dear. I refuse to let you show up looking like that. Go back to your room and get some fresh, clean clothes."[/color] Aki was now feeling better, the tattoo now back to normal.
[color=#800080]"But...Milady...Fine..."[/color] Israfel grudgingly haded back to Ra Yellow to get changed.
Aki started heading down the path, turned back to Alex, and asked [color=#FF1493]"Well? Aren't you coming?"[/color]

"My apologies, Mr. Ishtar," Alexander said to Aki's second-in-command, feeling somewhat responsible for ruining Israfel's clothes. His vertigo cleared, Mr. Abernathy got up and dusted himself off, fortunate to have just barely miss the same puddle that Israfel had the misfortune of landing in. "You know what, I will join you, Miss Ross," he replied to Aki's inquiry. "It was my original intention to wait at the docks, anyway." With that, the lombax took out an mp3 from his pocket, plugged in a set of earplugs in his ears, and pressed PLAY after selecting the song to listen to. "Shouldn't we wait for Mr. Ishtar first, though," he asked Aki, "or is Her Majesty feeling too impatient to stay still?"

Aki replied. [color=#FF1493]"Izzy will be fine. Besides, I want to meet these Signers myself."[/color] She looked around, made sure no one else was watching, and dropped the tough demeanor. [color=#FF1493]"Look, Mister Abernathy. I know things have been tough over the past year, with the 'Capturer' on the loose, taking students' cards, my settling in and effectively rebuilding the previously-oppressive and manipulative cliques from the ground up, and my little semi-takeover of the Girls' Dorm, especially with that odd earthquake a month ago when the Sacred Beast Cards disappeared, but trust me, things are going to get a lot more interesting!"[/color]

At this, Alex gave a smile to Aki. "I certainly hope you're right, Aki. It'd be nice to have a bit more fun around here." True, the little earthquake from a month ago, as well as the subsequent disappearance of the Sacred Beasts, was the best excitement Alex had, and the only one he's had since then. Perhaps these "Signers" that Aki was referring to could be just the thing Alexander needs to ignite his passions. In the meantime, he had a boat to meet.

James, shocked for a minute, stood there. [i]What, was the point of that if she was just gonna stop mid-duel?[/i] He eventually started moving to his room, where he collected his things and walked off. He then walked to the bottom of the boat, finding his d-wheel and setting his luggage on it. Luckily for him, it was easy to find since the teachers d-wheels were seperated from the students. He hooked up his non-Academy duel disk he had brought with him to his d-wheel. Though the d-wheels would be removed when the boat hit the dock, James impaitently gunned the throttle and flew out of the storage room into the front of the boat, noticing Duel Academy was minutes away.

Jasmine, hearing a thud near the front of the boat, jumped up and grabbed her luggage. She ran out the door and into the front of the boat, where she saw James on his d-wheel, sitting there with the engine still on. She sighed and walked beside him. "You ready?" She said as the boat nearly hit the docks.

Jack was also awoken by James' d-wheel. He got up and looked at his luggage, and suprised no one stole it. He picked it up and prepared to enter Duel Academy.

[color=orange]Rayos panted as his Dark End Dragon met his 'brother's' Red-Eyes Black Dragon and ripped it to shreds, "Your... move..." He said, what little could be seen of his Tail Mark glowing to match Drake's Body Mark. Both Duelists had been at it for an hour, having taken it upon themselves to entertain the new students en route to the island. Rayos was down to his last 200 Life Points, but his most recent blow with his newly regenerated Signer Dragon brought Drake down to his level. Both their fields and hands were empty, save for Dark End Dragon and a lone face-down on Drake's field.[/color]

[color=red]Drake chuckled, "I Activate Red-Eyes Spirit, Special Summoning my Red-Eyes Black Dragon in Defense position." He said as he was again joined by his signature Monster and drew his card, signaling the start of his turn. "Game over. I Summon the Level 3 Tuner Monster Delta Flyer!" Red-Eyes Black Dragon was joined by a smaller forest green colored Dragon. "Now, I'm Tuning my Level 3 Delta Flyer and my Level 7 Red-Eyes Black Dragon." The light from Drake's Mark burned brighter, blinding all those who looked upon it, "Lost warrior of the embodiment of the Dragon Star, accept this vessel to your power. Synchro Summon! My offering, Trident Dragion!" In lieu of the standard Synchro Summon sequence, ten rings shot down from the sky and encircled the two Dragons who were joined by what appeared to be a flesh and blood version of Power Tool Dragon. All three Dragons roared once and flowed together into a three headed behemoth. "Trident Dragion, wipe out Rayos' Life Points. Trinity Fire Blaze!"[/color]

Darren was confused, as to why the man stopped mid-duel. The pain from the mark on his arm went away and he became relieved. Though the same thought went through his head. [i]I need to figure this out, and fast."[/i] He made his was to where his Duel Runner was located, although he felt awkward because he didn't want the man he "followed" to feel followed. He approached his duel runner and removed his duel disk from his wrist. He then attached it to his duel runner and turned it on.

[b]"Paladin, I hope coming to this academy will help us figure this out. I can't bare to not know anything."[/b] Darren said in a low voice so the other man wouldn't hear him.
[i]"Well master, all we can do is wait and see. I'm in your boat. I cannot continue to see you go through this EVERY time a dragon that has some sort of connection with not only your mark, but Red Dragon Archfiend."[/i]
[b]"That's right, but I'll soon be used to the pain, hehe"[/b]

Darren proceeded to sit on his Duel Runner waiting for the announcement for the arrival to Duel Academy, only minutes away, he was becoming more and more anxious...

James glanced back, seeing that someone had taken his idea to take his d-wheel out early. He chuckled a bit then turned back around. Jasmine also noticed. "Who" She was interupted by James making a quite shushing sound. Before they looked back to the island, the boat stopped, rocking the boat a bit. An announcment came over the intercoms, "Welcome everyone, to Duel Academy. You are now free toleave the boat." James gunned his engine and did a wheelie driving off the edge of the boat and landing on the docks. He skidded to a halt and motioned for the kid on the d-wheel to do the same. Jasmine and Jack, on the other hand, walked off the boat instead of ridding off it.

Once Jasmine's d-wheel was unloaded, she got on it and hooked up her Duel Disk, driving beside James who had been waiting for her. Jasmine started driving away, expecting to be followed by James, but he stayed, sending a message to her d-wheel "Go on ahead. I'll meet up with you later."

Darren smirked then said to himself, [b]"Want me to come out, huh?"[/b] He then revved up the engine, and pulled the throttle. Speeding out of his spot and almost in the same path as the other man, he makes the jump and does a complete 180 turn while in the air, leaping over him but not by much, he then skids to a halt facing him. The smirk is long gone by now and is giving a straight face, no expression at all. He places his helmet on his head and lowers the visor, As he continues to give a stare down he revs the engine a few times. Darren then continues to turn the D-Wheel and drive off to him dorm room...

However, before anyone can leave the dock, a group of students dressed in black variants of the school uniforms formed a line to block the newcomers from leaving. A young woman with spiky, bright pink hair that has black and white streaks, black eyeliner, and an overall punk look and disposition walked through.
[color=#FF1493]"Greetings, newcomers. Welcome to Duel Academy Island. I am your humble queen, Aki Ross."[/color] She bowed to the students while the other punk duelists chuckled. [color=#FF1493]"Now, I need to inform you of a few...housekeeping rules."
"Rule #1: I am charge of the island's student body. The Principal and the teachers are in charge of the island, but I am in charge of you. This is not negotiable. If you dislike me being your queen, you may leave on the boat and come back. I will assure you that your tuition will be refunded."
"Rule #2: You do not cross me or my Blackhearts. Doing so can end in a variety of ways, but they will not be in your favor."
"Rule #3: If you go out onto the Island at night, do not go alone. This is not as much of an ego trip as it is a rule for your own safety. There is a monstrous duelist on the Island that only comes out at night on a strange, one-wheeled Duel Runner. We call her the 'Capturer', since she will take your rarest, most precious card, and turn it into something else, which she will use in another duel against another hapless student."
"Rule #4: The Obelisk Girls' Dorm is off-limits to non-Blackhearts and non-Obelisk Blue girls. Again, something that you really do not want to test."
"And finally, Rule #5: Wild packs are finders-keepers. Occasionally, you may find a random booster pack on your travels. Those are distributed by my Blackhearts for our amusement. Have fun dueling over them!"[/color]
She pulled her guitar off of her back and pressed a button, causing the instrument to turn into a Duel Disk. [color=#FF1493]"Now, who feels brave enough to try to usurp your Duel Queen?"[/color]

"Pardon me!" a voice shouted out from behind the wall of Blackheart members. Alexander somersaulted himself over the Blackhearts, spinning a number of times in the air before sticking the landing in front of Aki. "Forgive my intrusion," Mr. Abernathy said as he bowed to the new arrivals, "but I, too, wish to welcome you to Duel Academy. I am Professor Alexander Abernathy, and to those of you who have been placed in Slifer Red, I will be you're teacher for this school year. However, regardless of which dorm you have been placed in, I shall treat you all with equal dignity and respect."

"Do not be alarmed by my appearance," he continued, "I am by no means a monster or mutant. I am what is known as a lombax, a race known in my home-dimension for its mechanical and technological ingenuity. Since I shall be treating you all with respect, I would at least advise you to grant me the same courtesy as part of the faculty." At this, he shot a quick sideways glance to Aki, though not a disciplinary one.

"Now that that is settled," he continued, taking out two unwrapped packs of cards from his pocket, "I would like to issue a friendly challenge to all newcomers. Here in my hand are two five-card packs of rare cards. Those who wish to face me will have a chance to win one of them." At this, he tossed one of these packs to Aki. "Those who wish to face Miss Aki Ross can attempt to win the other pack," he continued, putting slight emphasis on the word 'attempt'. "If the challenger wins, they will win the whole pack; however, even a loss shall earn you one rare card from me. Those who lose to Miss Ross, however," he added with a slight shrug, "well, that's really up to her.

"So, do we have any challengers?"

Overhearing what was being said Darren sprung up from his Duel Runner.

[b]"You, mister, I'll accept your challenge.'[/b] Darren readied his duel disk from his D-Wheel and placed it on his wrist. As he took out his deck from his belt and was shuffling it, Dark Paladin appeared beside him but only he could see him. He took a quick glance back, continuing his shuffling, gave a smirk and looked back at the professor.

[i]"Win or lose Darren, let people know you mean business here. I shall wait until you call upon me in the duel. Best of luck Master."[/i]

[b]"So what do you say, Professor?"[/b]

Aki smiled, and pulled out an additional five packs. [color=#FF1493]"Actually, to add some incentive, if you duel me, you get a pack out of the get go, plus an additional pack for each 1000 Life Points worth of damage you deal to me. You win, you get 10 packs. You lose, and any packs you earn, you keep. That sound fair enough?"[/color]

Israfel finally returned to see Aki getting ready to duel some of the newcomers. He had to admit, the human wall was a bit excessive, but Aki needed the duel.

Sola watched the events with intrigue, but she stayed silent and at the back of the horde of students.

"Ah! Very well," Alexander replied, his ears perking up. Finally, someone to duel with him. Though, to be honest with himself, Alexander felt like he would have went off and dueled against a tree in the forest had he not received a challenge. For this person to challenge him, he was grateful.

"Since Miss Ross has upped the ante, I too shall make a similar stipulation: one free pack off the bat, an additional pack for every 1000 Life Points I lose, victory will net you a total of ten packs, and defeat will still grant you the packs that you've earned. Now, before we duel, I would like to know your name, sir."

Darren smirked, [b]"The name's Darren, Darren Marsico. And if you're wondering I'm part of the Obelisk Dorm, so after today you may not see much of me. But it is a pleasure meeting you. Now,"[/b] Darren began to finish as he activated his duel disk. Opening and shooting out 2 hologram projectors, his life points counter going up to 8000, and inserting his deck into the slot. [b]"...Shall we begin?...Professor?"[/b] As he finished what he said he gave a small chuckle.

Aki looked over at Alex, and grinned. [color=#FF1493]"Also, if you do win against me, by some fluke, or otherwise, you get automatic entrance into the Blackhearts!"[/color] She then poised cutely. [color=#FF1493]"Plus, your Duel Queen might just decide to bestow a kiss upon her new knight or maiden..."[/color]

Israfel groaned at the mention of membership, and was about to trudge off to go do paperwork, when Aki said she was going to kiss the victor. He quickly pulled out his cell phone and dialed Rayos. He also ran into the nearby woods to talk privately to his Professor.

[color=green]A tall, shy looking girl of ambiguous heritage with brunette hair and blond highlights wearing a pair of silver colored glasses was shoved out of the group by a couple other girls, "Oh, um, yeah, I guess, um, I'll do it...." She stammered raising an angel wing shaped Duel Disk with ten feathers. "Ummm... You can go first, Miss Aki." The shy bespectacled girl told her opponent, drawing five cards and quivering slightly, "Oh, umm, I'm Elisa, by the way. If you care..."[/color]

[color=orange]"Poor girl's a nervous wreck." Rayos whispered to Drake as the two unrelated brothers walked up to moderate the Duels.[/color]

[color=red]"She's probably going to faint as soon as Light End comes out." The mostly reformed murderer agreed, "OK." He called to the spectators, "Professor Krigare and I will officiate this Duel. We're here to make sure that everything goes smoothly, and because, Hell, we're bored out of our damn minds." He lowered his sleeve to hide his Mark and slipped his Duel Disk onto his back, "For those of you that are curious, I'm Drake. I teach the course on D-Wheel maintenance and repair, and, considering most of you already have your Wheels, I'm sure I'll get to know you later."[/color]

[color=orange]"Drake? Really, ten seconds off the boat and you're already putting them on a first name basis with you?"[/color]

[color=red]"Have you even looked at my last name ever?" Drake answered back, "Drake's preferable to being referred to as Professor L the entire school year."[/color]

[color=orange]Rayos' cell phone went off in his pocket, "Hey scratch that, Professor Drake's gonna be officiating, I'm gonna go and take this." He shouted, walking out of the crowd and flipping open his phone, "Ya, who is this?" He asked sounding slightly perturbed, "I'm missing two Duels for this, and I'd kinda like to see this play out, so hurry it up."[/color]

Aki eyed the girl, then looked at the ones who pushed her. She didn't like people who were mean to others, so she got an idea. She walked over to the girl and looked her in the eyes.
[color=#FF1493]"Elisa, would you prefer to duel me, or would you like to watch your friends who rudely offered you up as a sacrifice to appease their Queen duel me?"[/color]

Israfel replied. [color=#800080]"Professor Rayos! Oh, thank the Gods! Aki is about to duel, and she wants to-"[/color] Israfel then spotted Rayos in the crowd, and meekly corrected himself. [color=#800080]"Sorry. Wrong number."[/color] He then hung up, and ran back to join the Blackhearts.

Archived