• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Phœnīcius Infīnius VII

Phœnīcius Infīnius VII

♥ ThePhoenicianRedeaux ♥

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
So, this card Lava Golem. I have seen once before but never really payed much attention to it. I know what I think of it but what do you guys think? It is summoned to your opponents side of the field ridding them of their 2 best monsters and they get burned 1000LP each turn. Reasonable. But, they can still attack with 3000ATK, and you don't wanna destroy it right? So you activate Nightmare Wheel and you're set. Kinda cheap though. Maybe it should be banned? What do you guys think?
Lava Golem Effect

So I bought Marik's new Structure Deck, and well it is way better than what I thought. Discuss.
Deck List

Uberrimae fidei

Of the utmost faith

Armadilloz

Armadilloz

Electric Boogaloo

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,496 posts
Lava Golem is pretty much your alternative to monsters with annoying protection effects.

Or just a weird staple for Burn.dek

sebihp2007

sebihp2007

Because Life is Phun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
I was playing against somebody on YVD.. he used Clear World and gave me a DARK monster with Creature Swamp (hence not allowing me to attack) and gave me Lava Golem (1000 LP per turn from Golem and 1000 LP per turn because I was controlling a FIRE monster) and activated Wave-Motion Cannon, practically not letting me attack and inflicting 3000 LP a turn .. I lost that duel, because I wasn't expecting it, but I won the match, since Lava Golem is quite easily counter-able ..

Buttercup

Buttercup

buttercup woooooooooh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts
Side against Herald.

HaouJudai

HaouJudai

You kids and your 'metagame' why I remember when...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts
I really like the marik structure deck. Lava Golem is definitely a burn staple. Gets around Stardust Assault Mode - his summon is a cost. Cards like icarus or spark can't be used to save their monsters because they are already gone as a cost.

If you solemn a lava golem then still lose your monsters and pay half your LP. Probably doing more damage than the lava golem would have done. In this format with solemn warnings being ran in 3's he isn't a bad idea at all.
Posted Image

El-Rrey

El-Rrey

Dragon du Jugement

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,965 posts

Side against Herald.

Nobody runs Herald, no reason to have this in your Side!

OT: Meh-ish card!

Posted Image

*Avi & Siggy made by Overdrive*

Armadilloz

Armadilloz

Electric Boogaloo

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,496 posts

I really like the marik structure deck. Lava Golem is definitely a burn staple. Gets around Stardust Assault Mode - his summon is a cost. Cards like icarus or spark can't be used to save their monsters because they are already gone as a cost.

ITT: Tribute Summon = Tribute for a cost

HaouJudai

HaouJudai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts
exactly so it can't be chained to
Posted Image

Canadian

Canadian

You can call me Dave!

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,473 posts
I like how people spam this card in response to ridiculous lock situations... /no.

It's a bad tech in burn decks IMO. Giving your opponent a 3000 ATK beater just doesn't feel right, especially if you can't summon that turn. The chances of siding this than actually getting to use it during a duel are soooo slim that I don't even bother with it.

Still, <3 art.

Posted Image

Armadilloz

Armadilloz

Electric Boogaloo

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,496 posts

exactly so it can't be chained to

Alright, I had to re-read Lava Golem real fast.
I was under the impression his effect was something different.
Hilarious that Lava Golem doesn't target.

-Berserker-

-Berserker-

Darliiiing!!

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,591 posts
Hilarious it can take Vennominaga down...

dd6.gif

"But that's enough. If there is overwhelming power and speed, there is no room for technique. Techniques are something humans invented to compensate for their weaknesses."

GYFTS

DARKPLANT RISING

DARKPLANT RISING

God's In His Heaven, All's Right With the World

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,147 posts

Maybe it should be banned? What do you guys think?

Protip: Go to General. Better than the TCG section.

OT: People DO run Herald, and this can't be negated. Awesome in side decks in my region since one of my friends runs Herald.

Fierte

Fierte

~Equilibrium~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts
Good in Volcannon Burn
User Names

Gaming Accounts
Signatures

HaouJudai

HaouJudai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts
heck run it WITH oppression - they lose 2 monsters and 800 LP - it's still win/win
Posted Image

WhirlwindKnight

WhirlwindKnight

Failure Percentage...Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
card is awesome. now spirit reaper is more awesome.

28uimut.png

by ~Overdrive~

33874ZeroSkillBanner.png

by -Armadilloz-

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

My Team Channel

No Limit Gaming

Zeppeli Gyro Supreme

Zeppeli Gyro Supreme

Nyo-ho~!

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,762 posts
Creates an Un-synchroable gap in your opponent's field while allowing you to get rid of any pesky monsters there might be. Only downside is you give them a 3000 ATK beatstick. Obviously should only be used if you're using stall or lots of removal.

-Berserker-

-Berserker-

Darliiiing!!

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,591 posts
Personally, I prefer Volcanic Queen. I only need 1 monster in my opponent's side and I cant take it by battle easily.

dd6.gif

"But that's enough. If there is overwhelming power and speed, there is no room for technique. Techniques are something humans invented to compensate for their weaknesses."

GYFTS

Phœnīcius Infīnius VII

Phœnīcius Infīnius VII

♥ ThePhoenicianRedeaux ♥

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Creates an Un-synchroable gap in your opponent's field while allowing you to get rid of any pesky monsters there might be. Only downside is you give them a 3000 ATK beatstick. Obviously should only be used if you're using stall or lots of removal.

Thats what I always thought. But you just equip it with a card that doesn't allow it to attack, like Nightmare Wheel. It prevents it from attacking and they lose 500pts every Standby Phase, so thats 1500 ponits a turn, add Dark Room of Nightmare and thats 2100 points per turn.

Uberrimae fidei

Of the utmost faith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users