So, this card Lava Golem. I have seen once before but never really payed much attention to it. I know what I think of it but what do you guys think? It is summoned to your opponents side of the field ridding them of their 2 best monsters and they get burned 1000LP each turn. Reasonable. But, they can still attack with 3000ATK, and you don't wanna destroy it right? So you activate Nightmare Wheel and you're set. Kinda cheap though. Maybe it should be banned? What do you guys think?
[spoiler=Lava Golem Effect]This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned to your opponent's side of the field by Tributing 2 monsters they control. You cannot Normal Summon or Set the turn you Special Summon this card. The controller of this card takes 1000 points of damage during each of his/her Standby Phases.[/spoiler]

So I bought Marik's new Structure Deck, and well it is way better than what I thought. Discuss.
[spoiler=Deck List]
[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/k1tf81.jpg[/IMG]
■SDMA-EN001 Gil Garth (Common)
■SDMA-EN002 Mystic Tomato (Common)
■SDMA-EN003 Viser Des (Common)
■SDMA-EN004 Legendary Fiend (Common)
■SDMA-EN005 Dark Jeroid (Common)
■SDMA-EN006 Newdoria (Common)
■SDMA-EN007 Gravekeeper's Spy (Common) x2
■SDMA-EN008 Gravekeeper's Curse (Common)
■SDMA-EN009 Gravekeeper's Guard (Common) x2
■SDMA-EN010 Gravekeeper's Spear Soldier (Common)
■SDMA-EN011 Gravekeeper's Chief (Common)
■SDMA-EN012 Gravekeeper's Cannonholder (Common)
■SDMA-EN013 Gravekeeper's Assailant (Common) x2
■SDMA-EN014 Lava Golem (Ultra Rare)
■SDMA-EN015 Drillago (Common)
■SDMA-EN016 Bowganian (Common)
■SDMA-EN017 Gravekeeper's Commandant (Common)
■SDMA-EN018 Gravekeeper's Visionary (Common)
■SDMA-EN019 Gravekeeper's Descendant (Common)
■SDMA-EN020 Mystical Space Typhoon (Common)
■SDMA-EN021 Nightmare's Steelcage (Common)
■SDMA-EN022 Creature Swap (Common)
■SDMA-EN023 Book of Moon (Common)
■SDMA-EN024 Dark Room of Nightmare (Common)
■SDMA-EN025 Necrovalley (Common) x2
■SDMA-EN026 Foolish Burial (Common)
■SDMA-EN027 Magical Stone Excavation (Common)
■SDMA-EN028 Allure of Darkness (Common)
■SDMA-EN029 Acid Trap Hole (Common)
■SDMA-EN030 Mirror Force (Common)
■SDMA-EN031 Skull Invitation (Common)
■SDMA-EN032 Coffin Seller (Common)
■SDMA-EN033 Nightmare Wheel (Common)
■SDMA-EN034 Metal Reflect Slime (Common)
■SDMA-EN035 Malevolent Catastrophe (Common)
■SDMA-EN036 Dark Illusion (Common)
■SDMA-EN037 Mystical Beast of Serket (Ultra Rare)
■SDMA-EN038 Temple of the Kings (Ultra Rare)
[/spoiler]

I was playing against somebody on YVD.. he used Clear World and gave me a DARK monster with Creature Swamp (hence not allowing me to attack) and gave me Lava Golem (1000 LP per turn from Golem and 1000 LP per turn because I was controlling a FIRE monster) and activated Wave-Motion Cannon, practically not letting me attack and inflicting 3000 LP a turn .. I lost that duel, because I wasn't expecting it, but I won the match, since Lava Golem is quite easily counter-able ..

I really like the marik structure deck. Lava Golem is definitely a burn staple. Gets around Stardust Assault Mode - his summon is a cost. Cards like icarus or spark can't be used to save their monsters because they are already gone as a cost.

If you solemn a lava golem then still lose your monsters and pay half your LP. Probably doing more damage than the lava golem would have done. In this format with solemn warnings being ran in 3's he isn't a bad idea at all.

[quote name='eviljudai' timestamp='1292260518' post='4849147']
I really like the marik structure deck. Lava Golem is definitely a burn staple. Gets around Stardust Assault Mode - his summon is a cost. Cards like icarus or spark can't be used to save their monsters because they are already gone as a cost.
[/quote]
ITT: Tribute Summon = Tribute for a cost

I like how people spam this card in response to ridiculous lock situations... /no.

It's a bad tech in burn decks IMO. Giving your opponent a 3000 ATK beater just doesn't feel right, especially if you can't summon that turn. The chances of siding this than actually getting to use it during a duel are soooo slim that I don't even bother with it.

Still, <3 art.

[quote name='slayer_supreme' timestamp='1292377993' post='4853439']
Creates an Un-synchroable gap in your opponent's field while allowing you to get rid of any pesky monsters there might be. Only downside is you give them a 3000 ATK beatstick. Obviously should only be used if you're using stall or lots of removal.
[/quote]

Thats what I always thought. But you just equip it with a card that doesn't allow it to attack, like Nightmare Wheel. It prevents it from attacking and they lose 500pts every Standby Phase, so thats 1500 ponits a turn, add Dark Room of Nightmare and thats 2100 points per turn.

Archived