Yu-Gi-Oh! - Dead Zone [FINISHED]

Vector Nightmare

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@Cakey: inorite

@SGY: Which one? The Ghost? And yes, I did think that chapter was one of the good ones.

Just a random piece of trivia noone cares about, I decided to give names to each story arc. Like chapters get their names from cards, arcs will get their names from booster packs. They're on the index page. Also another piece of information: I originally planned the story to be 4 arcs long, as I may or may not have mentioned somewhere in here. As it turns out 4 arcs was too short, so my current - and final - decision stands at five arcs (60 chapters + 4 interludes, with maybe some bonus stuff in between).

Just out of curiosity...will Z-one end up dueling at some point?

EDIT: Let's see, anyone playing Machine Emperors will always open with the appropriate core and a card to destroy it with. That's basically law, so that doesn't count as hax. With Mischief of the Yokai...I'd say Book of Moon, but this is a Riding Duel, so...

[quote name='Dr. Cakey' timestamp='1299723331' post='5063666']Just out of curiosity...will Z-one end up dueling at some point?[/quote]

His first duel is in three chapters from now. And to forestall, he uses his anime deck, just not... terribly.

[quote name='Dr. Cakey' timestamp='1299723331' post='5063666']EDIT: Let's see, anyone playing Machine Emperors will always open with the appropriate core and a card to destroy it with. That's basically law, so that doesn't count as hax. With Mischief of the Yokai...I'd say Book of Moon, but this is a Riding Duel, so...[/quote]

Since the anime didn't include any searchers for the Cores, and as I said I didn't want to use any custom cards, I had to go with it. As for Mischief of the Yokai, Ghost wanted Maya to Synchro so that he could steal it with Skiel, just not Synchro whatever she wanted, so he used that instead of a plain-out stopper. It also felt nice to use a TCG exclusive, just this once.

As for the other cards, every D-Wheeler worth is salt packs High Speed Crash and Angel Baton in his deck (the first is just Scrap Dragon, the second is half a Graceful Charity). The Machine Emperor parts generally all have the same theme (stopping S/Ts, stopping attacks etc), so the effect I gave Skiel Top 3 wasn't so much out there. So yeah... of course this duel, like pretty much every anime duel, makes you think the opponents must have stacked their decks (it doesn't work otherwise), but I don't think this one was particularly farfetched.

Thanks, Lexadin. I hope you continue enjoying this. I gave it an extra day this time just to see if I could harvest any more comments. Not much, but better than nothing. I'm starting to think I'm posting too often, and scaring away readers who see 20+ chapters all at once. I'll keep that in mind for when I repost it on ff.net or wherever.

Chapter 30, and you're about to see one of the better Synchro spams around. The invasion of the Arc Cradle begins, and we receive more insight into another one of the antagonists' thoughts. Also, the last 'main' character for the story is finally introduced.

[spoiler=Chapter 30]
[center][b][u]Chapter 30:[/b] Synchro Prominence[/u][/center]

Ryusaki Sugita and Iseya Yuko, the first-ranked and third-ranked duelists in the Element Circle, the promotional event they had topped a year ago, drove slowly, warily, around the top of the Arc Cradle. It had been fifteen minutes since the invasion began. They had not been informed on anything else, other than that they were to assault this stage, duel whoever stood in their way and defeat them, and wait for the signal to get out. Moboro had brought only them, along with a small troop of Ghosts.

Sugita had, long ago, realized that something was amiss in their dealings with the company. Sarunoki Moboro had promised them a good deal of fame and money, if they helped out with a few of Duel International's beta testing projects. Naturally, all three had agreed. But things were becoming more and more obscure lately. Orders were given without any form of explanation, and their employers were becoming edgy, as if something was agitating them. And then there was that incident with that Greyblade person, and Takechi's disappearance. This was all very troublesome. Had they been given a choice, they wouldn't have come to this mission. But here they were.

The Arc Cradle. According to Moboro, this was the work of a hacker, who used it as his personal, virtual stronghold. That person had to be eliminated, Moboro claimed, and the way to go about it would be to duel and defeat him. He had promised great rewards to whoever conquered the ruler of the flying fortress. But so far they had found no sign of him. Moboro and the Ghosts were supposed to have warped into a different location of the citadel, but Sugita very much feared they had simply abandoned them in this place.

"You two should really not be here." An unseen speaker gave voice to Sugita's thoughts. Yuko and himself whipped their heads around, trying to locate the source. Soon it was unnecessary, though, as another D-Wheeler appeared in front of him. His attire was white with black armored pads, and his D-Wheel was a uniquely designed vehicle, long and narrow, its silvery surface reflecting the light like liquid glass. His head was concealed under a helmet of matching color scheme, but Sugita [i]felt[/i] his dark expression.

"We are looking for the leader of this place." He asked stiffly. "I assume I am not speaking to him?"

"Correct." The D-Wheeler, who was identified by Sugita's panel as Thunderbolt Knight, except without any further information attached to the name, replied. "I am only a guard. But, I will not allow you bth to progress. One of you will have to duel me. If the other one wishes to proceed to the interior, though, feel free to." He pointed towards a gate behind him, that was now open. Only blackness could be seen inside.

"I'll take you on." Sugita said coolly, engaging his D-Wheel's Duel mode. His opponent simply nodded. "You should go in and search for the person who's behind all this. We'll keep in contact via our D-Wheels." He spoke quietly Yuko.

"I really don't think this is a good idea - " She started, but he forestalled her.

"Go. I'll take care of things here." The girl pursed her lips, but nodded firmly, and started up her engine. Before long, she was lost in the darkness behind the gate. With an audible sound, the door closed, leaving him stranded out there, and Yuko trapped inside.

"Don't look so worried. She won't be harmed." Thunderbolt Knight said unexpectedly. "That door will open, should you defeat me. Now, let's do this."

"Fine." Sugita responded. There were a lot of questions, but if anything, the duel would give him the necessary answers.

---

Very soon, Yuko gave up on navigating through the Arc Cradle. The complex passageways and corridors intertwined and looked so much alike that she might as well had been walking in circles. As she had predicted, transmissions cut off when she entered the fortress. She had testily tried to disconnect, only to discover it was impossible. Thus, she just picked a direction and drove towards it without aim. Damn Sugita and his tendency to rush into things! Anyway, the important part was that she was getting lower into the -

A door opened directly in front of her, causing her to drive into a new room before she could stop. The entrance shut behind her. She could instantly see this chamber was unlike any other she had been in so far. It was a large round room, with multiple tubes filled with an opaque blue liquid arranged neatly along the walls. On the floor, various patterns were drawn, vaguely resembling Duel Monsters. There were no other doors or windows, no way to enter or leave the room barring the door behind her, which was firmly shut. She dismounted, walking towards the center.

"Welcome, miss Aurora, to my citadel. Welcome to the Arc Cradle."

At first, Yuko was so stunned she couldn't speak. But even when she regained her composure, she could find no words to describe the... thing that was floating in front of her. It was shaped like a reverse comma or apostrophe, and encased in heavy white plating. Inside, a humanoid form could be discerned, talking to her through mechanical means, if the tone was any indication.

"It is a little late, but let me introduce myself. I am the leader of this fortress, ZONE." Mechanically, Yuko tried to verify that data, but the visual display turned up nothing. As if the... being... that was talking to her was not even there.

"I... I have to duel you?" She asked, dazed.

"If you wish to." ZONE responded coolly. They were alone here. She was standing near the center of the room, while ZONE was hovering slightly above the floor near the back, opposite to her, encased in his strange machine. If what he told was the truth - and Yuko could tell it was - then it was this person they had come here to defeat. If she fought and won, then this whole story would be over.

"I see you have resolved to fight." ZONE observed, even though she had not moved an inch. "Why? Is it simply because you've been told to defeat me?"

"You are a hacker, aren't you?" Aurora snapped. "You are violating the rules of this game. Everything I've seen here is proof of that. I do not need further reason!"

"Your courage is commendable, but your determination lacks substance. Power cannot be fueled by a heart filled with doubt." ZONE sounded... disappointed. "Very well. Through this duel, I will teach you."

---

"This... this is horrible..."

Aizawa Hikari had received a phone call from an unidentified contact, who gave her succint, but very precise instructions. The mysterious caller had told her that Yuusuke would release her husband from the virtual prison he was trapped in, and explained to her in detail what she should do to get him out of the hospital without interference. Thanks in part to the commotion caused by the appearance of those cracks in the sky, as well as the red sun, and the large number of patients that were hospitalized due to the side-effects of that as of yet unexplained phenomenon, she was able to follow these orders without much trouble, and indeed, she was now in her house, along with both her husband and her son.

Taihito would be alright - the signs of mental stress were still apparent during the on-the-fly examination Hikari performed, but he would recover with a little rest.

Yuusuke, on the other hand, whom she had found unconscious when she returned, was a wholly different story.

Burn scars were apparent all over his chest, scars that could never have been caused by an accidental injury inside the house. From the little she had spoken with Taihito before he fell back into an uneasy sleep, she realized something dire had happened in the virtual world while the both of them were in there. No - just by glancing outside the window, she could tell something dire had happened, and was still happening. And it was spreading over to their world, too.

Her thoughts turned to Maya. She had been surprised to find out she was hiding so much about her past from Yuusuke. But, she knew Maya, and she was a good girl. Given the situation, Hikari understood she might have had good reasons to keep some things under wraps. She trusted her, and believed she truly cared about Yuusuke. For now, though, she just wished she hadn't gotten herself any more involved into this mess...

---

"The effect of Skiel Attack 5!" Ghost declared triumphantly. Maya was only driving forward mechanically - her senses had been almost paralyzed by the gigantic reversal of the situation. Ghost's words snapped her back into the ominous present. "Machine Emperor Skiel Infinity can attack directly!"

[i]No.[/i] That would be instant death, fifty hundred points of direct damage. She had not yet recovered from the impact from the previous assault. Twice as much damage would kill her, without doubt.

Thankfully, she did not just rely on Trap cards to protect herself.

"Battle Fader in my hand activates, ending the Battle Phase instantly!" The pendulum demon appeared between Skiel's launchers and their target, rippling slightly. Shockwaves pushed the powered-up machine backwards, finishing its attack before it began. Maya breathed a sigh of relief.

[spoiler=Battle Fader][b]Battle Fader[/b]
DARK / Fiend
Level 1
0/0
When an opponent's monster declares a direct attack, you can Special Summon this card from your hand and end the Battle Phase. If this card is Special Summoned with this effect, remove it from play when it is removed from the field.[/spoiler]

"I'll set one card." Ghost said. Maya couldn't tell if he was annoyed, or amused. "Turn end."

Maya focused her senses. That Machine Emperor was protected by battle, and it could build up its attack by absorbing her Synchro monsters. No matter what, though, the central part, Skiel Infinity, was the keystone holding it together. If she found a way to get rid of that, then the opponent's strategy would collapse. She just had to get past its defenses, and use a card effect to destroy it instead.

"Draw." She said, a little more confidently.

[center][i][b]Ghost[/b] - SPC: 5[/i]
[i][b]Stiyel Crystal[/b] - SPC: 5[/i][/center]

"I activate my reverse card, Speed Spell - Angel Baton." Maya continued. She had set it during her last turn, because she had thought she had all the resources needed to summon Unicore. Now, perhaps it would be useful. "When my Speed Counters are at two or higher, I can draw twice, then discard one card from my hand." She added two cards to her D-wheel's hand slot, and examined them briefly before tossing one away.

[spoiler=Speed Spell - Angel Baton][b]Speed Spell - Angel Baton[/b]
SPELL / Normal
Activate while you have 2 or more Speed Counters. Draw 2 cards. Afterwards, send 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard.[/spoiler]

It was here.

"Speed Spell - High Speed Crash!" She declared, playing the same card her opponent had used earlier. I can destroy a card on either side of the field! I target my reverse card, as well as your Machine Emperor Skiel Infinity!"

[spoiler=Speed Spell - High Speed Crash][b]Speed Spell - High Speed Crash[/b]
SPELL / Normal
Activate only while you have 2 or more Speed Counters. Destroy 1 card you control and 1 other card on the field.[/spoiler]

"It won't be so easy!" Ghost snarled. "Trap card, open! Sky G-3! I release Skiel Guard, for Skiel Guard 3!" The robot's tail was replaced by a larger version, spreading out into two wide membranes. The Machine Emperor's attack points rose slightly, now standing at 5200. "Skiel Guard 3, once per turn, can prevent one of my Machine monsters from an opponent's card effect!"

[spoiler=Sky G-3][b]Sky G-3[/b]
TRAP / Normal
((Send 1 "Skiel Guard" you control to the Graveyard. Special Summon 1 "Skiel Guard 3" from your hand, Deck or Graveyard.))[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Skiel Guard 3][b]Skiel Guard 3[/b]
WIND / Machine
Level 3
300/800
((If you do not control a face-up "Machine Emperor" monster, destroy this card. Once per turn, you can negate 1 attack from a monster your opponent controls. Once per turn during either player's turn, when a Machine-Type monster you control would be destroyed by a card effect, it is not destroyed.))[/spoiler]

"Then my reverse card is destroyed, but in response, I'll activate it." Maya said. "Limit Rebirth will Special Summon Critter from my Graveyard, and when Limit Rebirth is destroyed, so is the revived monster, allowing me to add a monster with low attack points from my Deck to my hand." She input a single option in her panel, and a card was automatically picked out for her.

[spoiler=Limit Rebirth][b]Limit Rebirth[/b]
TRAP / Continuous
Select 1 monster with 1000 or less ATK from your Graveyard, and Special Summon it in Attack Position. If that monster is changed to Defense Position, destroy it and this card. When this card is removed from the field, destroy that monster. When that monster is destroyed, destroy this card.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Critter][b]Critter[/b]
DARK / Fiend
Level 3
1000/600
When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, add 1 monster with 1500 or less ATK from your Deck to your hand.[/spoiler]

Unicore would do her no good now. She needed to go all-out, and break that damned defense. To beat that Machine Emperor...

"Let's go! I remove from play Hellway Patrol in my Graveyard, to Special Summon Demon Roar God Kushano from my hand!" The sea deity materialized on the field. "I activate the effect of Demon Roar God Grimro in my hand. Since I control a Demon Roar God monster, I can discard this card, in order to add any Demon Roar God monster from my deck to my hand. The monster of my choice is Demon Roar God Krus. And now I tune my Level 1, Battle Fader, and my Level 1, Demon Roar God Lurrie, to my Level 3, Demon Roar God Kushano!"

[spoiler=Hellway Patrol][b]Hellway Patrol[/b]
DARK / Fiend
Level 4
1600/1200
When this card destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the Level of the destroyed monster x 100. You can remove from play this card in your Graveyard to Special Summon 1 Fiend-Type monster with 2000 or less ATK from your hand.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Demon Roar God Kushano][b]Demon Roar God Kushano[/b]
LIGHT / Fiend / Tuner
Level 3
1500/800
You can discard 1 "Demon Roar God" monster to the Graveyard except "Demon Roar God Kushano" to add this card from your Graveyard to your hand.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Demon Roar God Grimro][b]Demon Roar God Grimro[/b]
LIGHT / Fiend
Level 4
1700/1000
If you control a face-up "Demon Roar God" monster, you can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard to add 1 "Demon Roar God" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Demon Roar God Grimro".[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Demon Roar God Krus][b]Demon Roar God Krus[/b]
LIGHT / Fiend
Level 2
1000/800
When this card is discarded to the Graveyard, select 1 Level 4 or lower "Demon Roar" monster in your Graveyard, except this card, and Special Summon it.[/spoiler]

"Still going to Synchro Summon?" Ghost mocked as the three creatures united in a burst of light. "Don't you realize its pointless? The power of the Synchro monsters - those Machine Emperors were designed for the very purpose of restraining them!"

"I wouldn't be so sure if I were you." Maya replied sternly. "Synchro Summon! Come, Hell Twin Cop!" A black monstrous motorcycle, mounted by an equally fiendish two-headed lizard-like creature, appeared next to Maya's Avalon, easily keeping up with her speed.

[spoiler=Hell Twin Cop][b]Hell Twin Cop[/b]
DARK / Fiend / Synchro
Level 5
2200/1800
1 Fiend-Type Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, it can gain 800 ATK (until the end of the Battle Phase) and attack once again in a row.[/spoiler]

"And what good is that going to do you?" Ghost snarled angrily. Maya smirked. If the fact that she was using Synchro monsters, despite his supposedly invincible Emperor's presence, then she was on the right track. As for the duel itself, the only way currently available to her that could topple Skiel - continuous attacks.

"I activate Demon Roar God Kushano's effect, discarding Demon Roar God Krus in order to return it to my hand. However, the special ability of Demon Roar God Krus allows it to Special Summon any Demon Roar God monster in my Graveyard, if its Level does not exceed four. I Special Summon Demon Roar God Grimro!" A brief image of a little female devil, weeping face covered by her hands, appeared on the field, before it warped into a harpy-like woman with black feathered wings and vicious claws.

"And then, I Normal Summon Kushano back to the field." Maya continued. "I tune my Level 4, Demon Roar God Grimro, to my Level 3, Demon Roar God Kushano!" The two devils split into stars and circles, igniting a bright light across the sky. "Synchro Summon, Demon Chaos King!" The masked king of the demons, its wings ablaze, appeared on the field.

[spoiler=Demon Chaos King][b]Demon Chaos King[/b]
DARK / Fiend / Synchro
Level 7
2700/2600
1 Fiend-Type Tuner monster + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card declares an attack, you can switch the ATK and DEF of all face-up monsters your opponent controls, until the end of the Battle Phase.[/spoiler]

"I cannot forgive you easily." Maya scowled. She placed her hand on top of her deck. [i]These cards feel the same way.[/i] She realized, even before she understood just how crazy what she was thinking sounded. [i]They despise that Machine Emperor. It is something that should not exist.[/i]

"From my hand, the Speed Spell, Dead Synchron!" She proclaimed. "When my Speed Counters are at five or higher, I can Synchro Summon, but instead of using the materials from the field, I can instead remove them from play from my Graveyard! Return once more, Demon Roar God Raven, Demon Roar God Grimro, and..." She picked out one card in particular. This card... this fight was for Yuusuke as well. For an instant, she felt something resonate. It was only a second, yet a warm feeling spread to her heart.

[spoiler=Speed Spell - Dead Synchron][b]Speed Spell - Dead Synchron[/b]
SPELL / Normal
Activate only while you have 5 or more Speed Counters. Synchro Summon 1 Synchro Monster. (Remove from play the appropriate monsters from your Graveyard.) Remove it from play during the End Phase.[/spoiler]

"From my Graveyard, I tune the Level 4, Honest, and the Level 4, Demon Roar God Grimro, to the Level 2, Demon Roar God Raven!" She said, her voice brimming with determination. Though they were only here as spectres, all three monsters jumped skywards with the same iron resolve. Raven shattered into two circles of green luster, which accomodated the glowing, clustering shapes of the two winged creatures. Light and darkness mingled as one, and the very stormclouds overhead parted to give way as the queen of the demon gods made her appearance. "Synchro Summon! Descend, Demon Roar God Leviathan!"

[spoiler=Demon Roar God Leviathan][b]Demon Roar God Leviathan[/b]
LIGHT / Fiend / Synchro
Level 10
3000/2000
1 "Demon Roar God" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monster.
When this card on the field is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, you can select up to 3 "Demon Roar God" monsters in your Graveyard. Add them to your hand.[/spoiler]

"No matter how your Machine Emperor can deal with Synchro monsters, it won't survive four continuous attacks!" Maya said. "Battle! Demon Chaos King attacks Machine Emperor Skiel Infinity! When Demon Chaos King battles, the attack and defense scores of all monsters on the field are switched!"

"Then Skiel Guard negates that attack!" Ghost growled, distressed.

"Hell Twin Cop, attack Skiel Attack 5!" Maya went on. The devil motorcyclist sped forward, running at top speed at the bottom part of the robot. It smashed through the artillery, driving further back. Ghost screamed as he received the damage, and the Machine Emperor's power fell to 3800.

[center][i][b]Ghost[/b] - LP: 3200[/i]
[i][b]Stiyel Crystal[/b] - LP: 1600[/i][/center]

"Hell Twin Cop's effect activates!" Maya said. "When this monster destroys another monster by battle, it can attack once more, and this time, its power increases by 800 points!" The demon turned his bike around, charging it with hellfire. With a feral scream, it jumped into the monster's head, causing it to explode. Ghost screamed, in evident agony, as he was caught in the blast. Skiel Infinity's attack power dropped to 3000.

[center][i][b]Ghost[/b] - LP: 1000[/i]

"And, there is one last part which is in attack position. It's a shame I wasn't able to destroy the Machine Emperor entirely." Maya shook her head. "However, it will go along with the rest of your Life Points. Demon Roar God Leviathan, finish this! Destroy Skiel Carrier!" The golden-armored demon grinned playfully, leaping towards Skiel. With an effortless slash of her claws, she cut down the creature's wings. Without them, Skiel began collapsing from the sky, crashing down into Ghost's D-Wheel. Maya stopped suddenly as a gigantic explosion enveloped the field. She shielded her face from the heat and debris which rained down on her. In the chaos, the monsters on the field disappeared, signaling the end of the duel.

[center][i][b]Ghost[/b] - LP: 0[/i]

Maya sighed. They had run several laps around the Cathedral, and the ending had found them close to the entrance again. Had found [i]her[/i], at least. Ghost was nowhere to be seen, presumably completely annihilated in that explosion. Maya shivered to think that the same could easily happen to her, or anyone dueling here.

Machine Emperors, monsters that were designed to defeat Synchro monsters. According to Ghost, there were more than just Skiel, too. What other surprises could they expect from their enemies? Maya had no idea, but she would still push on. Dismounting Avalon, she rushed into the Cathedral before anything else could appear to stop her.

The first thing she noticed upon entering the massive structure was that the door to the final stage, the Dead Zone, was wide open. It was way too late to worry about walking into a trap. There was no decision to make - the resolution had been determined when Maya decided to enter the virtual world again.

Not even pausing to cast the unmoving statues of the former champions a glance, she rushed into the arena.

---

One of the greatest skills that had led Draco Ross to the top of the economy world was his uncanny ability to analyze situations and people and produce almost flawless conclusions given a set of information. But now, even he had given up on trying to make left and right in this chaos.

The team which led Duel International was never the most close-knit group, but Cornelius Klein's betrayal was the last straw that had torn them apart. Now, everyone vied for control, and the rest begrudgingly followed whoever could exert the most influence. For a long while now, it had been Dunkan. Maybe too long a while.

No matter their original reasons for joining in, each of the team's members had learned the hard way that they had to play dirty in order to survive. Plots were hidden within plots, and everyone had their own agenda - Ross did not believe for a second that any one of them would not betray Dunkan in an instant, if there was something to be gained. But as the critical hour approached, everything else would be evaporated into thin air. Only the final destination mattered.

Dunkan had spoken about using the Nexus to change the world. Ross knew that he only intended to harness its power for himself, to use it in order to control the flow of time and space. The man might even have grander ambitions, crazier thoughts. The rest followed him because they had their own goals to achieve. One moment of conflict, and everything could be ruined. Not just for them. The end of everything could come just like that. Ross himself could do it, just by removing the Pylon's cores. Or would have been able to do it, had Dunkan not sealed off the portal chamber. After the near-disaster this morning, it was best not to take any risks, he had said.

Why was Draco Ross here? He couldn't say. It had begun as a simple thought, a search for whatever had happened during that fateful day. And had become something much larger. Much more dangerous.

Jacqueline and himself had been pushed around since Klein's betrayal. They had been burdened with the responsibility and cast aside, while Dunkan assumed control almost fully. The people from the Japanese branch were simply too eccentric to be trusted, and did not openly oppose Dunkan's decisions. This had led to the current situation. Jacqueline had managed to redeem herself slightly with her, admittedly clever, project to recreate the lost Pylon. Ross had also been able to push himself back up through his work on the Pylon. But the damage had been done.

Aizawa Yuusuke was Jacqueline's responsibility. Dunkan had said to leave Kirizaki Maya untouched, despite her obvious dealings with Cornelius Klein. Moboro was in command of the attack on the Arc Cradle, while that girl, Inoue, was supposed to be controlling him. Takizawa was dealing with the hunt after Eizan. And this new message, delivered via a holographic projection, assigned him a new task, perhaps the most difficult of all the above. Ross couldn't help but notice that each of the leaders of the European and Japanese branches had been provided with enough work to keep them completely busy, while Dunkan and his American lackeys had their hands free to meddle around with the situation as they wished. It was a hard bargain, but nothing could be done. Not yet.

Ross activated the <Immersion System> - of course, the heads of the company would not rely on such low-class technology as they made available to the public in order to connect to their own network. In an instant, he was within the virtual world. His destination was set.

It was time to put an end to every unknown factor that could disrupt their calculations.

---

After the nightmare Yenma's fear had conjured disappeared without trace, Ivory, as the young girl had named herself, had wasted no time in taking them to a 'safe place', as she said. To Yenma, there was no really safe place here, where a nightmare could take form in an instant of carelessness, but he had managed to control his thoughts more properly. He and Bando Takechi both had temporarily put aside the enmity that had been born in that unfortunate duel. Interestingly enough, Yenma discovered that the person known here as Vortexflame, as well as the two other duelists he had seen back in the Sky Drive, had their own doubts about the company that was using them. Takechi did not seem willing to believe everything Yenma had told him, but he had agreed to work with him for the time being. It's not like they had much of a choice, stranded as they were in this virtual nothingness.

Ivory had told them that she was able to freely move between the Zero Zone and other areas of the virtual world, but there was no way to exit this space from here, and after whatever had happened earlier that morning that had vanquished that monster, Ivory said it was too dangerous to try and warp out, even for her. So she had taken to teaching them about this area instead.

More importantly than that, Yenma wanted to find out about Ivory herself. Whenever she was asked, she simply dodged the question. She had not disclosed to them what her real world identity was. If she had any. Sometimes, Yenma thought she was just part of this world. But her behavior and actions made no sense that way. If she was an artificial intelligence, why was she so clearly opposed to the creators of this world? For now, Yenma had decided to classify her as the same type of being as ZONE. Simply, he did not know almost anything about them.

ZONE, as well as the existence of the Arc Cradle, were two things that Yenma had not mentioned to either Takechi or Ivory. Sometimes, he caught Ivory casting sidelong glances at him, as if she was wary. The red mark that had appeared during his duel, and had blazed crimson with his blood when that shockwave rippled through the sky, was now permanently engraved upon his arm, yet he had not been questioned directly about it.

The Zero Zone was uniform black. The ground and the sky seemed to mingle in the horizon. All illumination was provided by themselves, whose bodies seemed to glow faintly in this dark world, and a single silver object hovering in the sky - Yenma supposed it was a reflection of the real world's moon. The only changes were strange formations in the ground, like small hills or clusters of crystals, which also glowed occasionally, casting strange shadows. Yet their eyes had adjusted quickly to this half-light, and they were able to discern intricacies that would have otherwise gone unnoticed. Like the slithering shapes, crawling close to the ground, their motions almost imperceptible, their bodies blending with the blackness. Ivory had said they were phantoms from different realities, lurking between the worlds. Yenma had been able to correlate her explanations with what ZONE and Kiishiro had told him. He did not know what Takechi thought about their whole situation, but he was dealing with it with admirable calmness.

Ivory had said that this Zero Zone was a key part of this world. If they were able to traverse here safely, they would be able to dodge the perils lurking in the other areas. To that end, they would -

Something was wrong. Yenma had been in this Zone for only a few hours, but he had quickly become attuned to its peculiar structure. Whether it was due to the nature of this place, or the mark on his arm, he could not specify. But as Ivory joined him, her expression grim, Takechi following close behind, he knew his hunch had been correct.

An enemy was coming.

---

Simply glancing at that shattered sky was enough to make her understand. For the first time in eight years, she felt as if a piece of her fragmented memory had returned.

One day, Christina Neville woke up in the hospital. The doctors said she had simply been left in front of the building. Her mind had gone blank - she could not even remember her name. Without any form of identification, neither the hospital nor the police were able to track down her family. The DNA test did not match with any registered citizen - though, in Ethiopeia, a country then ravaged by war and poverty, such a case was not unusual. In a way, she had been lucky - due to her rare amnesia case, she was transferred to the hospital in Belgium. From there, she was adopted into the childless Neville family. For the helpless girl who had been abandoned in front of the hospital, on the verge of death, it was indeed an enviable destiny.

But, there was a gap that had to be filled. Her memories could not remain shattered. She had been warned about this - one day, whether she wanted to or not, she'd slowly begin reconstructing her past. And what she discovered -

She was used to startled glances whenever she entered a place with a lot of people. Her copper-brown skin, sparkling green eys and long, brown hair, worn in a single long braid, clearly branded her as a foreigner, and even after all these years, she had trouble mingling in. But today, the dark mirage in the sky had drawn everyone's attention. She walked unnoticed into the arcade store, past the very few customers and employees, those who, since those cracks in the sky appeared, did not dare to walk out and return to their homes.

She noticed that the Duel Terminal booths were empty - that was not surprising, word of the trouble in Japan due to the network had reached them and, when the incidents spread out to other parts of the world as well, people had finally begun taking the warnings seriously.

Christina had never played the game before. She had no idea how those things operated. But [i]something[/i] had drawn her here, and that something also subtly guided her motions. It felt as if tracing a familiar path, only blindfolded. Thankfully, the system seemed easy to operate. She placed her hand on the fingerprint scanner, feeling a little foolish - she had no idea what to -

The screen flashed into action with a low humming noise. Christina frowned - she was not in the possession of an account. Was this the registration process? But she was quickly disillusioned. The screen that appeared already demonstrated a list of confusing statistics, along with the animated image of a woman. Her clothing was emerald green - Christina gave a start at the beautiful, albeit rather shockingly low-cut dress, and her eyes hazel brown. Dark green hair spread over her shoulders. The name underneath read Nightshade.

She did not remember any of this, but somehow, she knew what she was to do. She placed the helmet-like object onto her head. Immediately, the world went blank.
[/spoiler]

At this point, I've written my way into a good chunk of chapter 34, so there's plenty of material to post. We've finally hit the middle of the third arc, too.

I apologize for the lateness, life's been a bit unsettling lately.

The first thing that strikes me as a bit confusing is that Sugita sends Yuko in to deal with ZONE while he faces Thunderbolt Knight. If he's the first-ranked duelist from this Element Circle, wouldn't it make more sense for him to move on while Yuko deals with the guard?

The Ghost vs Maya duel played out real nicely, and the Synchro spam to deal with the Machine Emperor felt very appropriate.

Why you're introducing a new and supposedly recurring character at this point in the story is beyond me personally, but you probably have a good reason for it.

I apologize for the lateness, life's been a bit unsettling lately.

The first thing that strikes me as a bit confusing is that Sugita sends Yuko in to deal with ZONE while he faces Thunderbolt Knight. If he's the first-ranked duelist from this Element Circle, wouldn't it make more sense for him to move on while Yuko deals with the guard?

The Ghost vs Maya duel played out real nicely, and the Synchro spam to deal with the Machine Emperor felt very appropriate.

Why you're introducing a new and supposedly recurring character at this point in the story is beyond me personally, but you probably have a good reason for it.

[quote name='Umbra' timestamp='1300049012' post='5071846']I apologize for the lateness, life's been a bit unsettling lately.[/quote]

It's alright, of course - I'm just... baffled at the general lack of comments.

[quote name='Umbra' timestamp='1300049012' post='5071846']The first thing that strikes me as a bit confusing is that Sugita sends Yuko in to deal with ZONE while he faces Thunderbolt Knight. If he's the first-ranked duelist from this Element Circle, wouldn't it make more sense for him to move on while Yuko deals with the guard?[/quote]

Whoever stayed would definitely have to duel, immediately, against an opponent that Sugita could probably already tell was stronger than Yenma, who had fought evenly against Takechi, who was higher-ranked than Yuko. Whoever went in would first have to find someone - since they had no reason to believe that the leader of the place would actually lure them to him, in fact, a guard intercepting them probably pointed out that the leader wanted to avoid confronting them directly - giving Sugita time to wrap up his duel and re-join Yuko, and probably meet up with the rest of the group etc. So basically, he doesn't think Yuko could beat Kiishiro, and he is just hoping she won't run into anything worse as she explores the inside of the place.

[quote name='Umbra' timestamp='1300049012' post='5071846']Why you're introducing a new and supposedly recurring character at this point in the story is beyond me personally, but you probably have a good reason for it.[/quote]

Well, it is only at this precise time (a few chapters earlier) that Christina became a part of the plot - details to that will be revealed during the next chapters. It made no sense to introduce her as an unrelated character earlier. And for the record, I do not think introducing characters late in the story is such a bad technique. It depends on how you handle it. Anyway, she was the last central character to come into the scene.

Anyway, next chapter is here, and this one is the longest I've written in a while. Kiishiro comes up against a deck you might not have expected to see, given what you know about his opponent. And those of you who happen to follow the 5Ds manga will certainly rejoice at this chapter.

[spoiler=Chapter 31]
[center][b][u]Chapter 31:[/b] Black Whirlwind[/u][/center]

Christina, or rather, the person who had been Christina Neville, found herself in an unknown place. Glancing down at herself, she immediately matched the image with the woman she had seen on the Duel Terminal's screen. Woods expanded around her, leaves whistling gently at the melody of a light breeze. A small river was running nearby, its clear waters reflecting the marvellous sunlight. This was - !!

She staggered, as a piece of memory returned to her. <Fairy Ring>, that was what this place was called. She had last been here... when? She could not recall. But she had certainly been here before. For some reason, the memory was accompanied by a stab of pain. She fell on her knees, clutching her head, trying to clear her thoughts. Images flowed into her mind, as if she was watching several different movies at the same time. She could not make sense of what was happening.

"I feared this would happen when I gave up Ancient Fairy Dragon." A voice said behind her, the tone sad. "But, perhaps it could never have been avoided." Christina snapped her head backwards. A female form, clad in light blue robes, her golden hair caught in a large crown of sorts, marked with a golden star, was standing behind her, observing her with gentle, sorrowful eyes.

"Who are you?" Christina demanded. "What are you - no, what am I doing here? Where am I?"

"You can call me Dryad. I am the guardian spirit of this place." The priestess spoke softly. "You were here a long time ago. I'm afraid I cannot explain in more detail, as I was not there at the time, and I only know what I have been told. You are unique, child, blessed by the very power that permeats this world. But they tried to make use of that power, even if it meant destroying you in the process. Thankfully, your a miracle materialized to protect you. Ancient Fairy Dragon, a creature from beyond this plane of existence, saved you, but your memories were erased from the shock, and you were forcefully tossed out into your world, perhaps dying. Ancient Fairy Dragon knew that you had survived, though, and remained here, sealing off your memories and ensuring you would not have to experience those tragic incidents again. But now that she is gone, you found your way here. As I said, it was something that could not be avoided."

"Ancient... Fairy Dragon..." The name felt warm and familiar somehow. Christina paused in wonderment, absorbing all she had heard. In the meantime, more... entities had appeared, childish sorceresses of various attires and expressions. They all had one thing in common, though - they seemed to mingle in with the environment, like parts of nature itself.

"These are the Spirit Envoys of this place." Dryad said, as the small witches drew closer. "It is our task to protect and help you, now. Sit down. There is a lot to talk about."

---

"Whenever you are ready." The guy called Gawain said coolly. Kiishiro frowned, checking his rank. Seventy-one. Not bad at all. It seemed Duel International was sending out their best.

That was fine, too.

[center][i][b]Riding Duel - Acceleration![/b][/i][/center]

"Speed World 2, activate!" Kiishiro pressed the button to engage his D-Wheel's Speed World activation, watching his opponent do the same.

[spoiler=Speed World 2][b]Speed World 2[/b]
SPELL / Field
If you activate a non-"Speed Spell" Spell Card, take 2000 damage. During each player's Standby Phase, place 1 Speed Counter on this card (max. 12). You can remove any number of Speed Counters from this card to activate an appropriate effect:
• 4: Inflict 800 damage to your opponent for each "Speed Spell" Spell Card in your hand.
• 7: Draw 1 card.
• 10: Select and destroy 1 card on the field.[/spoiler]

The two did not exchange another word - they simply sped up, reaching down the first corner just beyond the glowing rainbow circle in the middle of the Arc Cradle's ceiling. Kiishiro drove casually, testing his opponent out - but it seemed Gawain had no intentions of taking the first turn, hanging back until Kiishiro completed the distance.

[center][i][b]Thunderbolt Knight[/b] - LP: 4000[/i]
[i][b]Gawain[/b] - LP: 4000[/i][/center]

"The first turn goes to me! Draw!" Kiishiro announced. He checked his hand, and considered. He could make a big play now, or hold back a bit and wait to see what his opponent had. Without any idea of what deck the enemy was using, it was best to play it safe.

"I summon Lonefire Blossom, and activate its effect immediately, releasing it in order to Special Summon Killer Tomato from my deck!" The twisted flower appeared, before dissolving into particles, replaced by the grinning, wicked vegetable monster.

[spoiler=Lonefire Blossom][b]Lonefire Blossom[/b]
FIRE / Plant
Level 3
500/1400
Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 face-up Plant-Type monster to Special Summon 1 Plant-Type monster from your Deck.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Killer Tomato][b]Killer Tomato[/b]
DARK / Plant
Level 4
1400/1100
When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 DARK monster with 1500 or less ATK from your Deck in face-up Attack Position.[/spoiler]

"One card face-down. Turn end."

"Then, it's my turn. Draw." Gawain muttered. He seemed... distracted somewhat.

[center][i][b]Thunderbolt Knight[/b] - SPC: 1[/i]
[i][b]Gawain[/b] - SPC: 1[/i][/center]

"I call Black Feather - Shura the Blue Flame to the field." He declared. A black-winged creature with a lithe, blue-skinned body and sharp talons extending from its arms appeared on the field. Kiishiro started - Black Feathers? Those cards were not released yet! Duel International had only barely begun advertising them before this whole mess happened. This was bad news.

[spoiler=Black Feather - Shura the Blue Flame][b]Black Feather - Shura the Blue Flame[/b]
DARK / Winged Beast
Level 4
1800/800
When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 "Black Feather" monster with 1500 or less ATK from your Deck. That monster's effect(s) is negated.[/spoiler]

"Then, when I control another Black Feather monster, Black Feather - Blast the Black Lance can be Special Summoned." With a long beak, a rich crimson plume, and a massive drill-like weapon wielded with one arm, the new monster snapped its wings, settling down next to Shura.

[spoiler=Black Feather - Blast the Black Lance][b]Black Feather - Blast the Black Lance[/b]
DARK / Winged Beast
Level 4
1700/800
If you control a "Black Feather" monster other than "Black Feather - Blast the Black Lance", you can Special Summon this card from your hand. During battle between this attacking card and a Defense Position monster whose DEF is lower than the ATK of this card, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent.[/spoiler]

"Two monsters at once..." Thankfully, Kiishiro had his Killer Tomato out. But, considering the effects which he just verified via his panel... this was not good.

"Battle. Blast the Black Lance, attack Killer Tomato." Gawain commanded, and the armed monster struck at the plant with its spear. The monster shattered, and Kiishiro had to shield his face from the blast, as he received the piercing damage.

[center][i][b]Thunderbolt Knight[/b] - LP: 3400[/i]

"Killer Tomato will Special Summon another one from my deck!" Kiishiro said, replacing the monsters.

"Shura will attack that one, then." The second Tomato fell prey to a downwards slash by Shura's fierce claws.

"A third Tomato appears!" Kiishiro yelled out as his Life Points took another hit.

[center][i][b]Thunderbolt Knight[/b] - LP: 3000[/i]

"Shura's effect activates." Gawain continued. "When this monster destroys another monster by battle, I can Special Summon one Black Feather monster from the deck, if its attack points do not exceed 1500. The monster of my choice is Black Feather - Vayu the Grand Flag." A small bird-like creature, but clad in a black cloak complete with sandals as footwear, appeared next to the other two winged beasts. Interestingly, its wings were stark white.

[spoiler=Black Feather - Vayu the Grand Flag][b]Black Feather - Vayu the Grand Flag[/b]
DARK / Winged Beast / Tuner
Level 1
800/0
If this card is face-up on the field, you cannot use it for a Synchro Summon. If this card is in your Graveyard, you can remove from play this card plus 1 non-Tuner "Black Feather" monster in your Graveyard, and Special Summon 1 "Black Feather" Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck whose Level equals the total Levels of the removed monsters. The effect(s) of that Synchro Monster is negated.[/spoiler]

"A Tuner monster?" Kiishiro frowned. "But, it says it cannot be used for a Synchro Summon while on the field..."

"That may be so, but Shura's effect negates the effects of the Special Summoned monster, including this restriction." Gawain corrected him. "My battle phase is over - but now I tune my Level 4, Blast the Black Lance, to my Level 1, Vayu the Grand Flag." The two flying beasts dissolved into black light, uniting to form a single circle crossed by four stars. "Synchro Summon, Magical Android. I'll place one card face-down. Before my turn ends, Magical Android increases my Life Points by six hundred."

[spoiler=Magical Android][b]Magical Android[/b]
LIGHT / Psychic / Synchro
Level 5
2400/1700
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
During your End Phase, gain 600 Life Points for each face-up Psychic-Type monster you control.[/spoiler]

[center][i][b]Thunderbolt Knight[/b] - LP: 3000[/i]
[i][b]Gawain[/b] - LP: 4600[/i][/center]

This time it was not an unknown monster to Kiishiro, but he was able to appreciate the appearance of the futuristic magus, a monster from the Psychic series. Gawain had not wasted even one move - he had brought out three monsters, increased his field's attack power, taken down Kiishiro's Life Points and raised his own, and set up his Graveyard, all in one go. He was controlling the pace of the duel expertly.

"My turn." Kiishiro said, as their Speed counters rose.

[center][i][b]Thunderbolt Knight[/b] - SPC: 2[/i]
[i][b]Gawain[/b] - SPC: 2[/i][/center]

"I summon Copy Plant to the field. Copy Plant's ability activates, emulating the level of another Plant monster on the field. Copy Plant's Level becomes four." He pointed at his Killer Tomato. "And now I tune my Level 4, Killer Tomato, to my, now Level 4, Copy Plant. Synchro Summon!" His two monsters united in a surge of black light, and a mechanical behemoth emerged from within. "Descend, Scrap Dragon!"

[spoiler=Copy Plant][b]Copy Plant[/b]
WIND / Plant / Tuner
Level 1
0/0
Once per turn, you can select 1 face-up Plant-Type monster on the field to have this card's Level become equal to the selected monster's Level, until the End Phase.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Scrap Dragon][b]Scrap Dragon[/b]
EARTH / Dragon / Synchro
Level 8
2800/2000
Once per turn, you can select 1 card you control and 1 card your opponent controls. Destroy them. When this card is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect) and sent to the Graveyard, select 1 non-Synchro "Scrap" monster in your Graveyard and Special Summon it.[/spoiler]

"Call of the Living Dead activates, reviving Lonefire Blossom from my Graveyard. Then I release Lonefire Blossom in order to Special Summon Dandylion from my deck. And then I activate Scrap Dragon's effect, destroying the now useless Call of the Living Dead, in order to destroy your Magical Android." Gawain didn't even bat an eyelash as his monster was erased by a ray of crimson light.

[spoiler=Call of the Living Dead][b]Call of the Living Dead[/b]
TRAP / Continuous
Select 1 monster from your Graveyard and Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position. When this card is removed from the field, destroy the monster. When the monster is destroyed, destroy this card.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Dandylion][b]Dandylion[/b]
EARTH / Plant
Level 3
300/300
When this card is sent to the Graveyard, Special Summon 2 "Fluff Tokens" (Plant-Type/WIND/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) in Defense Position. These Tokens cannot be Tributed for a Tribute Summon during the turn they are Special Summoned.[/spoiler]

"Battle! Scrap Dragon, attack Black Feather - Shura the Blue Flame!" Kiishiro commanded. But, Gawain simply held out a card in his hand.

"The effect of Black Feather - Kalut the Moon Shadow activates by being discarded from my hand during the damage step, increasing Shura's attack by fourteen hundred points, until the end of this turn." A peculiar winged creature with wings as broad as it was tall appeared, spiralling around itself to create a powerful vortex. Shura jumped into the tornado, forcefully propelled against Scrap Dragon, who tried in vain to withdraw its attack. The two creatures collided, and Kiishiro found himself on the losing edge of the struggle once more.

[spoiler=Black Feather - Kalut the Moon Shadow][b]Black Feather - Kalut the Moon Shadow[/b]
DARK / Winged Beast
Level 3
1400/1000
When a "Black Feather" monster you control attacks or is attacked, you can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard during the Damage Step to have that monster gain 1400 ATK until the End Phase.[/spoiler]

[center][i][b]Thunderbolt Knight[/b] - LP: 2600[/i]
[i][b]Gawain[/b] - LP: 4600[/i][/center]

"I'll end my turn with a face-down card." Kiishiro said irritably. The difference had grown to two thousand points, just like that. Those Black Feather monsters were fast, and unpredictable. He had to do something quickly.

"Draw." Gawain said, as Speed Counters rose further.

[center][i][b]Thunderbolt Knight[/b] - SPC: 3[/i]
[i][b]Gawain[/b] - SPC: 3[/i][/center]

"I call to the field, Black Feather - Blizzard the North Pole. Blizzard's effect revives Blast the Black Lance from the Graveyard." A small white flying creature, round-shaped with a long beak, and black feathers at the end of its white wings, appeared on the field, followed closely by the lancer monster of the Black Feathers.

[spoiler=Black Feather - Blizzard the North Pole][b]Black Feather - Blizzard the North Pole[/b]
Level 2
1300/0
This card cannot be Special Summoned. When this card is Normal Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Black Feather" monster from your Graveyard in face-up Defense Position.[/spoiler]

"Let me show you the first of the Black Feather Synchro monsters." Gawain declared. "I tune the Level 4, Blast the Black Lance, to the Level 2, Blizzard the North Pole."

[i]Just how fast can he bring out those Synchro monsters?[/i] Kiishiro thought, worried, as the two monsters split into a stream of black light. It had not escaped his attention that, with just a few cards, the Black Feather monsters could establish formidable field presence.

"Synchro Summon, Black Feather - Arms Wing." The new monster that appeared was quite similar to Bora, except larger and bulkier, and instead of a spiralling lance it held a gunblade.

[spoiler=Black Feather - Arms Wing][b]Black Feather - Arms Wing[/b]
DARK / Winged Beast / Synchro
Level 6
2300/1000
1 "Black Feather" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, it gains 500 ATK during the Damage Step only. During battle between this attacking card and a Defense Position monster whose DEF is lower then the ATK of this card, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent.[/spoiler]

"Arms Wing will not only inflict piercing damage, but raise its own attack by five hundred points, when a defense position monster is attacked." Gawain forestalled Kiishiro's examination. "For now, I attack Dandylion with Shura the Blue Flame."

"I won't allow it!" Kiishiro said, now growing desperate. If those attacks got through, the 2800 points of direct damage would finish him off. "Trap card, Thorn Wall! Your attack is stopped, and all your monsters in attack mode are destroyed!" Gawain frowned as his two Black Feathers were caught in a mass of constricting vines, annihilated utterly.

[spoiler=Thorn Wall][b]Thorn Wall[/b]
TRAP / Normal
Activate only when a face-up Plant-Type monster you control is selected as an attack target. Destroy all Attack Position monsters your opponent controls.[/spoiler]

"Not bad. I'll end my turn, then." Kiishiro breathed a little easier, adding a card from his deck to his hand.

[center][i][b]Thunderbolt Knight[/b] - SPC: 4[/i]
[i][b]Gawain[/b] - SPC: 4[/i][/center]

"First of, I activate the Speed Spell - Angel Baton." Kiishiro said. "Now I can draw twice, provided I send a card from my hand to the Graveyard afterward." He briefly glanced at his cards, before settling on one and tossing it away.

[spoiler=Speed Spell - Angel Baton][b]Speed Spell - Angel Baton[/b]
SPELL / Normal
Activate while you have 2 or more Speed Counters. Draw 2 cards. Afterwards, send 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard.[/spoiler]

Given this field, Kiishiro could not move haphazardly. He did not know much about the Black Feather monsters, and he obviously couldn't research them now. But, Vayu which was in Gawain's Graveyard could Special Summon a Synchro monster from there easily. The levels of non Tuner, Black Feather monsters in Gawain's Graveyard were four and six. It was a stretch to believe there was no Synchro monster that he could bring out via Vayu's effect - yet he had not done so. This meant that he was confident that he could take Kiishiro's attack next turn - no matter what, it was not impossible for Kiishiro to produce a total attack power of 4600 points or more. If he went all out and attacked carelessly, he might well fall into a trap.

"I summon Debris Dragon!" He said, finally making up his mind. "Debris Dragon's effect activates, reviving Lonefire Blossom from the Graveyard. And Lonefire Blossom tributes itself to activate its own effect, Special Summoning Camellia Princess Tytannial to the field." Now any targeting effects were blocked.

[spoiler=Debris Dragon][b]Debris Dragon[/b]
WIND / Dragon / Tuner
Level 4
1000/2000
When this card is Normal Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 monster with 500 or less ATK from your Graveyard in Attack Position. That monster's effect(s) is negated. This card cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster, except for the Synchro Summon of a Dragon-Type Synchro Monster. The other Synchro Material Monster(s) cannot be Level 4.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Camellia Princess Tytannial][b]Camellia Princess Tytannial[/b]
WIND / Plant
Level 8
2800/2600
You can Tribute 1 face-up Plant-Type monster you control to negate the activation of a Spell, Trap, or Effect Monster's effect that targets a card(s) on the field and destroy it.[/spoiler]

"And then, I tune my Level 3 Dandylion, to my Level 4, Debris Dragon!" The lithe silver creature shattered into emerald circles, converging into one line that burst ahead in front of the two D-Wheelers. The tiny plant flew into that series of rings, its structure illuminated briefly before splitting to three shining stars. The light of dawn flowed through that pipe. Kiishiro felt the mark on his arm throb violently. The majestic form of a new creature emerged from within. "Synchro Summon! Shine, Ancient Fairy Dragon!"

[spoiler=Ancient Fairy Dragon][b]Ancient Fairy Dragon[/b]
LIGHT / Dragon / Synchro
Level 7
2100/3000
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Monsters
Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your hand. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect. Once per turn, you can destroy a Field Spell Card. If you do, gain 1000 Life Points, and you can add 1 Field Spell Card from your Deck to your hand.[/spoiler]

Crimson light surged in the sky, following the descend of the blue-and-golden dragon of the fairies. Kiishiro raised his arm, which was pulsing with an intense crimson light. The glowing scar seemed to act as a beacon, as Ancient Fairy Dragon shrieked forcefully.

[i]Let me borrow your power.[/i] Kiishiro thought to Ancient Fairy, as the great wyrm settled in defense mode. Unlike Black Rose Dragon, this monster did not 'belong' to him. Still, he felt a warm light radiate from the dragon, as if it was expressing its resolve to protect him.

---

Christina suddenly called out in shock, clutching her arm. Dryad looked up worriedly. It seemed as if Ancient Fairy Dragon had been summoned. For the umpteenth time, she wondered if she had made the right choice, entrusting the card, and perhaps the very future of the world, to the boy called Sanjou Kiishiro. Only time could tell.

"What... was that?" Christina panted, looking at her arm frightfully. Underneath the sleeves of her green dress, a sign akin to a creature's clawed left arm.

"The third crimson mark has appeared." Dryad said solemnly. "Your guardian dragon, Ancient Fairy, is fighting."

Christina nodded, determination swelling in her brown eyes. She had adopted to the situation surprisingly fast, once her memories began slowly returning, at least those relevant to this place. She had placed her trust in Dryad, and the elemental spirit was resolved to respond to that faith.

---

Yenma stopped abruptly, causing both Ivory and Takechi to pause in surprise. Wordlessly, he glanced at his arm, where the sign of the wings was flaring scarlet.

"Alright, will anyone tell me what that mark is for?" Takechi asked, annoyed. "It is enough that we are running from who-knows-what is coming after us, but now..."

"These marks are the signs of the holy dragon." Ivory broke in, causing both of them to look at her in surprise. "Your friend, Sanjou Kiishiro, is fighting - but unlike him, we do not have that luxury here. Whatever they called here is literally [i]eating[/i] this world, and unless we escape to a subspace, we are doomed." Without further word, she started running again - in this world of imagination, it did not matter whether you used a D-Wheel or your own feet, or for that matter, whether you moved at all or just imagined yourself in another place. But Yenma and Takechi had not mastered the warping yet, so they were simply racing ahead, escaping from whatever was devouring the world behind them, whatever was causing the blackness to disappear into... nothingness.

---

Kiishiro glanced at the right claw mark with renewed confidence. Gawain was staring at the glorious azure dragon.

"This monster... it's the same as that... Blackfeather Dragon..." He muttered. Kiishiro spun around suddenly, facing his opponent directly.

"What did you say?!" He demanded. "How do you know of that card?"

"Sarunoki Moboro brought that boy, Greyblade, to the Sky Drive." Gawain shook his head. "He had one of my... teammates duel him. During that fight, Blackfeather Dragon was summoned. And then they both... well, vanished, so to speak."

[i]Vanished?[/i] Kiishiro felt dread creeping up his stomach. Just what exactly had happened to Yenma? He quickly engaged his Duel Disk's communication mode, trying to contact ZONE. He had to be informed as fast as possible - yet to his surprise, he could not reach him. This was the first time this has happened inside the Arc Cradle.

Which meant he had to move on quickly.

"Battle!" He commanded, raising his arm. "Tytannial, direct attack!"

"The effect of Black Feather - Ghibli the Hot Wind activates in my hand." Gawain smoothly. "When I receive a direct attack, I can Special Summon this card - in defense position, of course."

"Then Tytannial will battle that." Kiishiro snarled, as the rose princess unleashed a volley of razor-sharp petals at the six-winged black-and-red creature that had appeared.

[spoiler=Black Feather - Ghibli the Hot Wind][b]Black Feather - Ghibli the Hot Wind[/b]
DARK / Winged Beast
Level 3
0/1600
When your opponent declares a direct attack, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn, you can switch this card's original ATK and DEF until the End Phase.[/spoiler]

"At this timing, I activate Black Revenge." Gawain continued calmly. "When a Winged Beast monster whose attack is below a thousand points is destroyed by battle, I can Special Summon two Black Feather - Black Crest Tokens to the field." Two small black birds appeared, shielding themselves with their wings. Kiishiro growled in frustration. "Turn end." He said finally.

[spoiler=Black Revenge][b]Black Revenge[/b]
TRAP / Normal
Activate only when a Winged Beast-Type monster you control with 1000 or less ATK is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard. Special Summon 2 "Black Feather - Black Crest Tokens" (Winged Beast-Type/DARK/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 800).[/spoiler]

"It is my turn. Draw." Gawain said smoothly. "Thunderbolt Knight, it seems you cannot be taken lightly. From here on, I will be going all-out."

[center][i][b]Thunderbolt Knight[/b] - SPC: 5[/i]
[i][b]Gawain[/b] - SPC: 5[/i][/center]

"When I control a Black Feather monster, Black Feather - Elfin the Pitch Black can be Normal Summoned without release." An imposing creature like a massive pitch-black raven appeared on the field. "Normally, when Elfin is Summoned, the battle position of one of your monsters can be changed - but it would be foolish to activate this effect with Tytannial on the field." Kiishiro grunted - he had hoped his opponent would make a mistake like that. "And then Black Feather - Gale the Whirlwind can be Special Summoned, when I control a Black Feather monster." A smaller purple creature with a wild green mane crowning the top of its head materialized. "I will also hold back Gale's effect, thanks to Tytannial's presence."

[spoiler=Black Feather - Elfin the Pitch Black][b]Black Feather - Elfin the Pitch Black[/b]
DARK / Winged Beast
Level 6
2200/1200
If you control a face-up "Black Feather" monster, you can Normal Summon this card without Tributing. When this card is Normal Summoned, you can change the Battle Position of 1 monster your opponent controls.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Black Feather - Gale the Whirlwind][b]Black Feather - Gale the Whirlwind[/b]
Level 3
1300/400
If you control a "Black Feather" monster other than "Black Feather - Gale the Whirlwind", you can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn, you can halve the ATK and DEF of 1 face-up monster your opponent controls.[/spoiler]

Kiishiro felt nervous - the number of monsters on either side of the field was the same. The situation could go to any direction, but he had a sinking feeling that Gawain was about to unleash another one of his Black Feather Synchro monsters.

"I tune my two Level 2, Black Crest Tokens, to my Level 3, Gale the Whirlwind." Indeed, his opponent did not disappoint, as the three winged creatures were united in an array of black light. "Behold, the second of the Black Feather Synchro series. Come, Black Feather - Armored Wing."

[spoiler=Black Feather - Armored Wing][b]Black Feather - Armored Wing[/b]
Level 7
2500/1500
1 "Black Feather" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
This card cannot be destroyed by battle, and you take no Battle Damage from battles involving this card. If this card attacks a monster, you can place 1 Wedge Counter on that monster at the end of the Damage Step (max. 1). You can remove all Wedge Counters from your opponent's monsters to reduce the ATK and DEF of each monster that had a Wedge Counter to 0, until the End Phase.[/spoiler]

"Battle begins." Gawain said before Kiishiro had a chance to read through the data of the massive creature in black scale armor, crossed by glowing red lines that also spread to its broad wings. "Elphin attacks one of the tokens." Leaving behind a black stream, the great crow rushed across the field, cutting down Kiishiro's monster with a single slash of its claws. "And then, Armored Wing will attack Tytannial."

"What?" Kiishiro glanced up, almost losing his balance from the shock. "But that's absurd! Tytannial's attack power is higher!"

"However, Armored Wing will not be destroyed by battle, and battle damage will not be inflicted." Gawain explained. Armored Wing traded blows with the Plant monster, and though Tytannial repelled the attack with a flurry of petals, Armored Wing regained its posture, unharmed. And in Tytannial's chest, where the Black Feather creature had struck, a shard of black metal had stabbed her.

"Armored Wing will leave behind a Wedge Counter to monsters it battles with." Gawain continued his explanation. "Then, during my turn, I can remove those counters to reduce the attack of those monsters to zero. For now, though, I'll simply end my turn with a reverse card."

"Draw." Kiishiro said slowly. There was one troubling thing. Why had Gawain summoned Elphin? Taking down one of his tokens did not amount to - then he realized it. Elphin was simply bait for Tytannial to attack. If so, then Gawain could easily defeat him during his turn by the effect of Armored Wing, presumably combined with whatever he had set face-down.

Well, let's see if his opponent survived that long.

[center][i][b]Thunderbolt Knight[/b] - SPC: 6[/i]
[i][b]Gawain[/b] - SPC: 6[/i][/center]

"I switch Ancient Fairy Dragon to attack mode, then release my second token, in order to advance summon Gigaplant." He said, placing the carnivorous plant on the field.

[spoiler=Gigaplant][b]Gigaplant[/b]
EARTH / Plant / Dual
Level 6
2400/1200
This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. While this card is face-up on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it be treated as an Effect Monster with this effect:
• Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 Insect-Type or Plant-Type monster from your hand or Graveyard.[/spoiler]

"Very well, but those monsters can't get past the effect of Armored Wing." Gawain pointed out. But Kiishiro grinned.

"Maybe not them, but I have something that can. I activate Speed Spell - Speed Fusion!" He declared, holding up all three cards remaining in his hand.

[spoiler=Speed Spell - Speed Fusion][b]Speed Spell - Speed Fusion[/b]
SPELL / Normal
Activate only while you have 4 or more Speed Counters. Send Fusion Material Monsters from your hand or field listed on a Fusion Monster to the Graveyard to Fusion Summon that Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck.[/spoiler]

"Fusion?" Gawain frowned at the irregular tactic. Especially in Riding Duels, fusion was considered a very weak technique. But Kiishiro had the cards in his hand to make it work.

"I fuse together Cruel Angel - Queen of Rose, with Evil Angel - Rose Sorcerer in my hand." Scarlet wings and a dress that spread out like the crimson petals of a rose, adorned with golden embroidery. A massive sword wielded in one hand, hilt dressed in rose blossoms. The queen of roses stood opposite the dark sorcerer, whose pale skin was almost completely bare except for the tight black bodice and twin dark diaphanous wings. No gallant blade was wielded by this fiendish creature - rather, a long whip, spikes filing along its length like a rose's thorns, lashed skywards. But their appearance was brief, for the two opposite angels were soon drawn to an unearthly light overhead, pulled together forcefully by the spiralling void of fusion.

[spoiler=Cruel Angel - Queen of Rose][b]Cruel Angel - Queen of Rose[/b]
EARTH / Plant
Level 7
2400/1300
You can Tribute Summon this card in face-up Attack Position by Tributing 1 Plant-Type monster. Once per turn, during your Standby Phase, destroy 1 face-up monster on the field with the lowest ATK.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Evil Angel - Rose Sorcerer][b]Evil Angel - Rose Sorcerer[/b]
EARTH / Plant
Level 7
2400/1300
You can return 1 face-up Plant-Type monster you control to the hand, except "Evil Angel - Rose Sorcerer", and Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is Special Summoned this way, remove it from play when it is removed from the field.[/spoiler]

"Behold now! Fusion Summon, Great Cruel Evil Angel - Rosalian!"

Body clad in a plated armor which left much of the chest bare, adorned with thorn-like spikes. Twin wings, one a brilliant rose covered in smooth petals, the other a demonic dark crimson with sharp edges. A winged tiara framing long golden hair. Like an austere ancient statue, the Fusion monster between the two rose angels dominated the field with its presence.

[spoiler=Great Cruel Evil Angel - Rosalian][b]Great Cruel Evil Angel - Rosalian[/b]
EARTH / Plant / Fusion
Level 8
2900/2400
1 "Cruel Angel" monster + 1 "Evil Angel" monster
Once per turn, you can negate the effects of all face-up cards on the field.[/spoiler]

"Rosalian's effect activates, negating the effects of all face-up cards that are currently on the field." The rose angel spread its wings, unleashing a storm of petals that violently swept over the six monsters. "That means that Armored Wing is no longer immune to battle! Attack, Rosalian!" The demonic angel raised its arm, and the black armored creature was vanquished in a whirlwind of rose petals.

[i][b]Gawain[/b] - LP: 4200[/i][/center]

"Then, Tytannial will attack Elfin!" The princess of camellias struck at the raven with a thorn-braided tentacle, wiping it out completely.

[i][b]Gawain[/b] - LP: 3600[/i][/center]

"And now your field is empty!" Kiishiro continued, dashing forward, with Gawain following close behind. "Ancient Fairy Dragon, direct attack!" The great dragon's diaphanous wings spread, the light of a brilliant sun flowing through them.

But, Gawain only smiled.

"You assumed that I was relying on Armored Wing's effect to protect me, and that I had left Elfin to lure you into attacking without precaution. You went ahead to circumvent that thought pattern with the effect of Rosalian, while preparing the field for my complete annihilation. That level of thinking is admirable, but - " A reverse card opened. Kiishiro frantically scanned through it with his D-Wheel - but before he could do so, spectral images of all Black Feather monsters that had been played throughout the duel appeared, opposing and outnumbering Kiishiro's monsters.

"Black Feather - Back Flash will activate when you declare a direct attack, provided I have five or more Black Feather monsters in my Graveyard. Thanks to you, now defeated lie Shura the Blue Flame, Blast the Black Lance, Vayu the Grand Flag, Kalut the Moon Shadow, Blizzard the North Pole, Arms Wing, Ghibli the Hot Wind, Gale the Whirlwind, Armored Wing, and Elfin the Pitch-Black - far more than enough for this card to activate." The ten Black Feathers united into a stream of ebon light, coruscating to the sky before striking down like a meteor, annihilating every single one of Kiishiro's monsters in one massive blast. When the light subsided, Kiishiro, who was driving blindly, looked up in despair - his field was utterly and completely empty.

[spoiler=Black Feather - Back Flash][b]Black Feather - Back Flash[/b]
TRAP / Normal
Activate only when your opponent declares a direct attack while there are 5 or more "Black Feather" monsters in your Graveyard. Destroy all monsters your opponent controls.[/spoiler]

"I'm not yet defeated!" He snarled. Gawain had overtaken him, but he surged forward, ignoring the strain that last counterblast had put on him. "The effect of Revival Rose, discarded by Angel Baton, in my Graveyard activates! When a Level 5 or higher Plant monster on my field is destroyed, I can resurrect it! And both Tytannial, Gigaplant and Rosalian meet that criteria!" Gawain's field and hand were empty. With this, he held the advantage again, despite the massive turnaround. If he could keep up...

[spoiler=Revival Rose][b]Revival Rose[/b]
DARK / Plant
Level 4
1300/1300
If a Level 5 or higher Plant-type monster you control is destroyed, you can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard.[/spoiler]

"Revival Rose, attack directly!" Hidden eyes popped open within the three blossoms of the rose, casting rays of dark light against Gawain, who cringed under the assault.

[i][b]Gawain[/b] - LP: 2300[/i][/center]

"I see... you even had a back-up plan." He said appraisingly. "You must be commended... you are truly one of the most difficult enemies I have fought. But it ends now. Draw."

[center][i][b]Thunderbolt Knight[/b] - SPC: 7[/i]
[i][b]Gawain[/b] - SPC: 7[/i][/center]

"The effect of Black Feather - Vayu the Grand Flag in my Graveyard activates." Gawain announced coolly. Kiishiro started - he had forgotten about that - !!

"By removing from play Vayu the Grand Flag, as well as Armored Wing in my Graveyard, allow me to show you the final Synchro monster of the Black Feathers." Vayu reappeared on the field, a giant symbol shaped vaguely like the wings and body of an archaic bird materializing behind it. A ghostly shillouette of Armored Wing appeared, splitting into seven stars that lined up along that mark. "Synchro Summon. Descend, Black Feather - Lone Silver Wind."

"This is - " Kiishiro stared in awe at the last ace of the Black Feathers, a humanoid winged creature wrapped in black-and-gold clothing, with the head of a bird, brandishing a long silver rapier.

[spoiler=Black Feather - Lone Silver Wind][b]Black Feather - Lone Silver Wind[/b]
Level 8
2800/1500
1 "Black Feather" Tuner + 2 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned, you can select and destroy up to 2 face-up monsters on the field with DEF lower than this card's ATK. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect. The next time a "Black Feather" monster you control would be destroyed by battle during your opponent's turn, it is not destroyed; this effect only happens once.[/spoiler]

"Normally, I would not be able to summon Lone Silver Wind without at least three monsters." Gawain explained. "But Vayu's ability, at the cost of negating Lone Silver Wind's effect, allows me to bypass that restriction and Synchro Summon it using monsters from my Graveyard."

"E - even so, I will have some Life Points left..." Kiishiro said in defiance, but Gawain flipped over the card he had just drawn. Kiishiro felt despair wrap up around him. Speed Spell - Final Attack.

[spoiler=Speed Spell - Final Attack][b]Speed Spell - Final Attack[/b]
SPELL / Normal
Activate only while you have 5 or more Speed Counters. Select 1 face-up monster you control. Double its ATK. That monster cannot attack your opponent directly. Destroy it during the End Phase.[/spoiler]

"Lone Silver Wind's power increases to 5600, and even though it cannot attack directly, and it will be destroyed during the end phase, it is enough to finish this match." Gawain said simply. The Black Feather monster slashed down at revival rose, and a massive storm of black wind burst up from the tip of its sword, enveloping Kiishiro's D-Wheel. He screamed as the rest of his Life Points were wiped out.

[center][i][b]Thunderbolt Knight[/b] - LP: 0[/i]
[i][b]Gawain[/b] - LP: 2300[/i][/center]

"I - I lost..." Kiishiro muttered, forlorn. The two D-Wheel's came to a halt. Connected to Kiishiro's D-Wheel controls, the closest gate into the Arc Cradle opened.

Kiishiro had prided himself in the skills he had acquired. He had promised ZONE he would fight with him until this war was finished. He had promised Yenma he would do his best.

And yet, was he still this weak?

[/spoiler]

ad the super fast duel at super fast speed. Great duel. Probably one of the best so far.

Christina... Neville? Worst surname ever? I dunno whether I read it wrong, but it kinda looked like she lost her memory eight years ago, correct? I guess thats not a bad thing considering her dragon is Ancient Fairy Dragon, kinda like if Luna grew up having forgotten the Spirit World over time, then going back.

Woot, four comments. Been a while.

[quote name='Nexus Prophet-Evanm7' timestamp='1300060784' post='5072207']The main character lost? Impossible! :o[/quote]

And yet true =/

[quote name='Dr. Cakey' timestamp='1300062895' post='5072313']You're making me wait for ZONE's duel...how could you do this to me!?[/quote]

Wait no longer *hint*

[quote name='Lexadin' timestamp='1300099893' post='5073020']The ending really suprised me there. I wonder why you've done that. Oh well I'll see that soon I gues.[/quote]

One of the main reasons was to demonstrate that the main characters are not at the very top yet... after Yuusuke's last fight I figured you guys might have started thinking the good guys have the upper hand, at least barring the board directors themselves... well, that's not quite true yet. But there are other reasons.

[quote name='Bahamut ZERO' timestamp='1300120224' post='5073379']ad the super fast duel at super fast speed. Great duel. Probably one of the best so far.

Christina... Neville? Worst surname ever? I dunno whether I read it wrong, but it kinda looked like she lost her memory eight years ago, correct? I guess thats not a bad thing considering her dragon is Ancient Fairy Dragon, kinda like if Luna grew up having forgotten the Spirit World over time, then going back.[/quote]

It didn't... look like she lost her memory eight years ago. That's exactly what happened. The Ruka parallel was intentional to a degree. Also, [url="http://www.katherineneville.com/"]Katherine Neville[/url] hates you.

But for now - Chapter 32, ZONE's duel, and a lot of exposition.

[spoiler=Chapter 32]
[center][b][u]Chapter 32:[/b] Time Seal[/u][/center]

"Now then. I will leave the choice of whether to take the first or second turn up to you."

"Then I'll start." Yuko said firmly. She was unnerved by this - thing - that was floating in front of her. Especially when five cards simply appeared out of nowhere in front of - it. Yuko simply drew her own hand. There were no displays or anything like she had been used to. The duel simply began.

[center][i][b]Aurora[/b] - LP: 4000[/i]
[i][b]ZONE[/b] - LP: 4000[/i][/center]

"I summon Strategist of the Ice Barrier!" She called out. An elderly man clad in severe blue robes appeared on the field. "Strategist's effect lets me discard one Ice Barrier monster, in order to draw a card." She quietly performed the exchange. "One card face-down. Turn end."

[spoiler=Strategist of the Ice Barrier][b]Strategist of the Ice Barrier[/b]
WATER / Spellcaster
Level 4
1600/1600
Once per turn, you can send 1 "Ice Barrier" monster from your hand to the Graveyard to draw 1 card.[/spoiler]

"Then my own turn will begin." ZONE said in that monotonous, mechanical voice. "When there are no monsters on my side of the field, I can Normal Summon this Level 10 card without releasing." A card in his hand, so to speak, flipped over to face Yuko, and the air next to ZONE rippled, as a creature was formed seemingly out of nothingness. "Come, Time Machine God Metaion."

[spoiler=Time Machine God Metaion][b]Time Machine God Metaion[/b]
FIRE / Fairy
Level 10
0/0
This card cannot be Special Summoned from the Deck. If you control no monsters, you can Normal Summon this card without Tributing. This card cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects. You take no Battle Damage from battles involving this face-up Attack Position card. At the end of the Battle Phase in which this card battled, return all other monsters on the field to the hand, and inflict 300 damage to your opponent for each monster returned. During your Standby Phase, return this face-up card to the Deck.[/spoiler]

Of course, to call it a 'creature' would be a stretch. Yuko had seen thousands of monsters in this virtual world, but none came even close to resembling this... thing. It was a tall mechanical construct, wing-shaped appendages over where its shoulders would be. Though it had a head, there was no face to be seen, and its legs ended in a uniform structure. Two disproportionally large hands extended from the sides. But if that was all there was to it, it would have been fine. The torso... a case of glass seemed to be structured in its chest, and [i]inside[/i] it was a face... a vaguely humanoid face, but wearing a grin that would certainly not be found on any sane human... the thing's eyes locked onto hers, and its grin widened. Yuko felt like vomiting. However, along with that, she noticed the indicators next to the monster. Both its attack and defense scores were zero. Even if it was a Level 10 monster...

"Time Machine God Metaion cannot be destroyed by battle, and all battle damage from battles with this card is negated." ZONE explained. "Now, battle. Metaion attacks Strategist of the Ice Barrier."

"Eh? What is the point?" Yuko asked, a little numb. "Metaion can't harm my monster..."

"That's true." ZONE said coolly. "But, after the battle phase ends, if Time Machine God Metaion battles, all other monsters on the field will be returned to the hand." Surprised, Yuko saw the hologram of her monster vanish, and she retrieved the deactivated card from the duel disk. "Furthermore, 300 damage for each monster returned that way is inflicted." Yuko screamed as Metaion shot a small ball of flame at her, though it was more due to fright than actual pain.

[center][i][b]Aurora[/b] - LP: 3700[/i]
[i][b]ZONE[/b] - LP: 4000[/i][/center]

"My turn ends with two reverse cards." ZONE said.

"Then I'll begin." Yuko glanced at her newly drawn card. She may not have had a way to deal with that annoying Time Machine God just yet, but she had an option to go around it. "I summon Water Reflection of the Ice Barrier!" A rogue, clad in dark red clothing and wielding twin serrated blades, appeared on the field. "When I control only Level 2 or lower monsters, Water Reflection can attack you directly!" She pointed at ZONE, and the warrior jumped across the field, past Metaion, slashing with his illusory blades at the vehicle ZONE was encased in. ZONE gave off no reaction as twelve hundred points were deducted from his score.

[spoiler=Water Reflection of the Ice Barrier][b]Water Reflection of the Ice Barrier[/b]
WATER / Aqua / Tuner
Level 2
1200/800
If the only face-up monsters you control are Level 2 or lower monsters, this card can attack your opponent directly.[/spoiler]

[center][i][b]Aurora[/b] - LP: 3700[/i]
[i][b]ZONE[/b] - LP: 2800[/i][/center]

"Turn end." She said. Even if Metaion dealt 300 damage per turn by returning her monster to her hand, with Water Reflection, she was bound to deal damage much faster and win. ZONE would have to change his tactics now.

"During your End Phase, I activate the reverse Book of Moon." ZONE interjected. Yuko recoiled in surprise - if he had used that to stop Water Reflection's attack... "Metaion switches to face down defense mode." The massive monster disappeared, hidden underneath the reverse image of a card, placed horizontally on the field. "Now, my turn begins. Metaion switches back to attack mode."

[spoiler=Book of Moon][b]Book of Moon[/b]
SPELL / Quick-Play
Flip 1 face-up monster on the field into face-down Defense Position.[/spoiler]

Yuko narrowed her eyes. This move could not have been without point. There must have been a specific reason why ZONE wasted his card on a seemingly nonsensical move. That Metaion must have some heavy cost or condition associated with it that had to be paid during the Standby Phase. If so, she could make use of that.

"Battle." ZONE commanded. "Time Machine God Metaion attacks Water Reflection of the Ice Barrier." Metaion brought forth its giant hands, palms outwards, and cast a shockwave that vanquished Yuko's monster instantly. She grunted as the phantasmal flames surrounded her.

[center][i][b]Aurora[/b] - LP: 3400[/i]

"The reverse card, Mind Crush." ZONE continued without pause. "The card declared - Water Reflection of the Ice Barrier." Yuko angrily placed her monster in the discard pile. It looked like ZONE had not been unprepared.

[spoiler=Mind Crush][b]Mind Crush[/b]
TRAP / Normal
Declare 1 card name. If that card is in your opponent's hand, they must discard all copies of it in their hand. to the Graveyard. If it is not, you randomly discard 1 card.[/spoiler]

"One card face-down. Turn end." ZONE stated.

"Draw." Yuko said. [i]Finally.[/i] With this, she could eliminate Metaion's threat.

"First of, Call of the Living Dead activates. My target is the monster discarded by Strategist's effect - come, Gantara, Brave General of the Ice Barrier!" A dark-skinned, bald soldier with strange runic drawings on his forehead, his muscular body pulsing with magical energy, was revived onto the arena.

[spoiler=Call of the Living Dead][b]Call of the Living Dead[/b]
TRAP / Continuous
Select 1 monster from your Graveyard and Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position. When this card is removed from the field, destroy the monster. When the monster is destroyed, destroy this card.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Gantara, Brave General of the Ice Barrier][b]Gantara, Brave General of the Ice Barrier[/b]
WATER / Warrior
Level 7
2700/2000
Once per turn, during your End Phase, you can select and Special Summon 1 "Ice Barrier" monster from your Graveyard, except "Gantara, Brave General of the Ice Barrier".[/spoiler]

"Next, I call Cryomancer of the Ice Barrier. Thanks to the fact that I also have another Ice Barrier monster on the field, Level 4 or higher monsters cannot attack!"

[spoiler=Cryomancer of the Ice Barrier][b]Cryomancer of the Ice Barrier[/b]
WATER / Aqua / Tuner
Level 2
1300/0
While you control another "Ice Barrier" monster, Level 4 or higher monsters cannot declare an attack.[/spoiler]

"I end my turn. During the End Phase, Gantara's effect activates, reviving Water Reflection of the Ice Barrier to the field." Yuko said, as her warrior reappeared on the field. The materials were ready. All she had to do was keep them out for this turn.

"Very well. My turn begins." Another card materialized in front of ZONE. "The Trap card, Compulsory Evacuation Device. I will return Time Machine God Metaion to my hand." The creepy monster vanished once more. [i]Just what will happen if that thing stays on the field during his Standby Phase?[/i] Yuko wondered.

[spoiler=Compulsory Evacuation Device][b]Compulsory Evacuation Device[/b]
TRAP / Normal
Return 1 monster on the field to its owner's hand.[/spoiler]

"Do you understand now, Iseya Yuko, what I am trying to teach you through this duel?" ZONE inquired. Surprised, Yuko shook her head. She had forgotten ZONE's words at the beginning of their encounter.

"I summon Time Machine God Metaion." ZONE said simply. The nightmarish creature rematerialized next to the floating machine. "Now then. What 'message' have I given you at this moment?" Yuko shrugged.

"I have told you that you must fight Time Machine God Metaion." ZONE patiently continued his obscure explanation. "Now. What do you know about this monster?"

[i]That it is one of the most annoying and creepy things in existance.[/i] Yuko wanted to say, but she restrained herself, glaring firmly at ZONE. What was he driving at?

"I know that it cannot be defeated by battle, and that if I fight it, I will be the only one taking damage." She said slowly. "And I know that somehow, you want to avoid keeping it on the field during the start of your turn."

"I did not ask about its effect." ZONE noted. "I asked about the monster itself. What do you know about it? When you look at it, can you identify it? Can you 'understand' it? Its purpose? Can you see why it is here? Can you see why you must fight it?"

Concentrating, Yuko tried to focus on each of the questions. Identify it... she had not the slightest idea what it was supposed to represent. Understand it... she wasn't even beginning to grasp it. Its purpose... its purpose was probably to defeat her, but something told her ZONE meant something different. As for why she should fight it...

"I may not know these things." She replied slowly. "However, I know that I must beat you. And this monster is in my way."

"Then do you understand now?" ZONE asked, as if Yuko had unknowingly reached some sort of conclusion. "You have been 'told' to defeat Metaion by me, just as you have been 'told' to defeat me by the man who brought you here. But let me tell you this - without 'understanding', you have no chance of victory, neither against my monster, nor against myself. You are still too inexperienced, too fragile to comprehend this world, and so you will be crushed by it. Turn end."

[i]Now what the hell was that about?[/i] Yuko thought, annoyed. At any rate, she just had to win. ZONE had not changed his strategy - he still relied on Metaion to hold the field. This turn, Yuko would wrap things up.

"Draw. I summon Strategist of the Ice Barrier once more, and activate its effect to exchange an Ice Barrier monster in my hand for an extra draw." She quickly exchanged her cards - but all she needed was here. "Now I tune my Level 4, Strategist of the Ice Barrier, to my Level 2, Cryomancer of the Ice Barrier!" Arctic cold filled the chamber, and Yuko reveled in it. Strategist split into snowflake-like stars, that crossed through a series of two frozen white circles. "Synchro Summon! Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier!" A serpentine blue-and-white dragon, its jagged-edged scales shining with the colors of the aurora, materialized from within the frozen light, unleashing a ferocious howl.

[spoiler=Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier][b]Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier[/b]
WATER / Sea Serpent / Synchro
Level 6
2300/1400
You can discard any number of cards to the Graveyard, to return the same number of cards from the field to the hand.[/spoiler]

"If you like returning cards to the hand so much, you are going to love this." Yuko said. "By discarding a card, Brionac can return any card on the field to its owner's hand - namely, your Time Machine God Metaion!" She dropped a card, and the frozen dragon flapped its wings, causing a violent hailstorm to sweep away the field, causing Metaion to vanish back into ZONE's hand.

"Now then. Your field is empty, and I have three monsters. I will be finishing this - Gantara, direct attack!" The general raised his fist, preparing to cast a pulse of arctic magic at the enemy.

"At this time, the Trap card from my hand activates." ZONE interrupted. Yuko thought she hadn't heard well - the what from the [i]what[/i] now? "The High Priestess' Staff. It can be activated from my hand if I control no monsters, and ends the battle phase immediately, while dealing 500 points of damage to the opponent." Gantara paused as a dark ebon rod appeared, swirling violently and causing a barrier of magic to intercept his attack. Yuko cringed as she was struck by the afterblast.

[spoiler=The High Priestess' Staff][b]The High Priestess' Staff[/b]
TRAP / Normal
Activate only when an opponent's monster declares an attack. Negate the attack and end the Battle Phase. Then, inflict 500 damage to your opponent. If you control no monsters, you can activate this card from your hand.[/spoiler]

[center][i][b]Aurora[/b] - LP: 2900[/i]

"Uugh..." Yuko glanced at her hand. There was one more play she could make. "One card face-down. During my End Phase, Gantara Special Summons Cryomancer from my Graveyard." She said nervously. At least Metaion could not attack now.

"My turn." ZONE said calmly. "Time Machine God Metaion is summoned." As Yuko had feared, her failed assault had only made things worse for her. "And now the instant magic, Forbidden Chalice. For one turn, a monster on the field gains 400 attack points, but its effects are negated. My target is Cryomancer of the Ice Barrier - this renders my monster free to attack once more. Battle. Metaion attacks Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier." The repulsive monster unleashed its shockwave.

[spoiler=Forbidden Chalice][b]Forbidden Chalice[/b]
SPELL / Quick-Play
One face-up monster on the field gains 400 ATK, but its effect is negated until the End Phase.[/spoiler]

"Trap card open! Holy Barrier - Mirror Force!" Yuko retaliated. "When an opposing monster attacks, it will be destroyed along with every other attack position monster the opponent controls!"

[spoiler=Holy Barrier - Mirror Force][b]Holy Barrier - Mirror Force[/b]
TRAP / Normal
Activate only when an opponent's monster declares an attack. Destroy all Attack Position monsters your opponent controls.[/spoiler]

"However, Time Machine God Metaion cannot be destroyed by card effects." ZONE said coolly. Even as tendrils of holy light struck the monster, the grin on its face simply widened as it was completely unaffected.

"It even has immunity to effect destruction?" Yuko exclaimed, despair filling her. If that attack connected -

"Metaion's effect activates. All four of your monsters return to the hand, and you receive three hundred points of damage for each." ZONE noted calmly. "However, at this time, the Trap card in my hand, The Magician's Wisdom, activates. When cards on the field are returned to the hand, the opponent takes 300 damage. And I activate another The Magician's Wisdom. Now, rather than 1200 damage, Metaion's effect will cause a total of 3600 damage." Yuko's field was swept up by the magical attack, leaving it empty once more. She screamed as she was struck by Metaion's fiery attack, and then two dark blasts followed, completely erasing her Life Points.

[spoiler=The Magician's Wisdom][b]The Magician's Wisdom[/b]
TRAP / Normal
During this turn, if cards on the field are returned to the hand, inflict 300 damage to your opponent for each card returned. You can activate this card from your hand during your turn.[/spoiler]

[center][i][b]Aurora[/b] - LP: 0[/i]

Yuko collapsed on her knees. She did not want to get up. She had been brutally and utterly annihilated. What the hell was up with that guy's cards? Indestructible monsters? Traps from the hand?

"Do you understand now, young lady?" ZONE asked, and Yuko almost felt some warmth in that mechanical voice. "Never fight without knowing what you fight for. Never fight without knowing what you fight against. Ignorance is the one certain path to defeat."

---

Kiishiro sat back, contemplating what he had just witnessed. He could sympathize with the girl, somewhat. That was ZONE's ability. Overwhelming. Kiishiro had only experienced a fraction of it before. That fraction had been enough to crush him completely. And yet he had accepted that defeat. So why now...

After his loss against Gawain, he had warped back into the Arc Cradle, in one of the many secret chambers that would be impossible to intrude. As promised, he had allowed his victorious enemy to enter the structure - but ZONE could easily regulate just where he ended up. This invasion wasn't much of an invasion at all. Everything had been under ZONE's control since the very beginning, and he had only allowed this to happen in the first place because he was interested in the two duelists Sarunoki Moboro had brought along.

Kiishiro felt frustrated. He had failed - he had disappointed them all. ZONE. Yenma. And the power he had been entrusted with, Ancient Fairy Dragon. He had allowed it to be destroyed so pointlessly. He had convinced himself that he was worthy to wield the power that had been lent to him. After that near disaster - he had steeled his resolve, to take up the responsibility for the world's safety. And all he had managed was another failure.

ZONE would have understood this as well. Despite all the training, all the effort, at a critical moment, the extent of Kiishiro's ability had proven to be nothing. Those last words had also been meant for him. What was he fighting for? If he couldn't even understand that, he was weak. He had no right to be entrusted with such a burden. If he was not even able to protect the Arc Cradle - how could he protect the entire world?

---

Time Machine God Metaion vanished. ZONE was satisfied with the results of the duel. The most dangerous enemies were those who were simply misguided. The seeds of doubt had been sown in Yuko's mind. If everything went according to his calculations, then this attack on the Arc Cradle would completely backfire on its instigators.

Kiishiro's duel was over, as well. It was a testament to the force Sarunoki Moboro had brought against the Arc Cradle that Kiishiro had been defeated. He would have to cope with that defeat. Everyone lost sooner or later, and ZONE was thankful it had happened here, within the protected confines of his fortress, rather than in a life-or-death duel later. Finding the resolve to accept a loss, learn from it, and move forward was where true strength was located.

Regardless, Kiishiro would do what he had to do. The crimson mark born on his arm, linked to that of his friend, and the third one that had appeared in this world earlier today, would hopefully guide him. For now, he would end this battle.

---

After his duel against Thunderbolt Knight was finished, Ryusaki Sugita drove into the Arc Cradle. For some reason, he did not believe he was walking into a trap. For being the supposedly bad guy, his opponent had seemed surprisingly good-natured. And nothing... unexpected had happened during that duel, either.

Even after he entered the interior of the fortress, he was not able to reach Yuko. Ah well. At least there was no doubt as to the path he should take - all that stretched ahead of him was a straight corridor, leading steadily downwards. After about ten minutes of driving, just when he was beginning to wonder if he would drop off the other edge of the Arc Cradle, he came across an open door.

Surprising as ZONE's appearance was, Sugita was quick to recover, and take note of the situation. Yuko was standing near the edge of the room, huddled close to her D-Wheel, her eyes downcast. Unless Sugita greatly missed his guess, she must have lost against ZONE - but she looked otherwise unharmed. And confronting the floating unicycle which he identified as the mysterious controller of the flying fortress was Sarunoki Moboro.

Sugita had met the guy a lot of times, since he was their primary sponsor in Duel International. He always thought the guy was a little on the crazy side. But, well, he had never seemed outright insane. Sugita thought perhaps now was the time. His eyes were shining strangely as he glared at ZONE, a wide smile spread across his face.

"You did good, Iseya..." He mumbled, chuckling softly. Sugita wasn't sure if Yuko could hear him. "Yes, very good. Now I know this guy's deck... I can take him down. Take him down... and end this whole farce. Then it will all be over. Then I can finally get the Pylons done. You did good."

"Um, Sarunoki-san?" Sugita called out, worried. "Perhaps you should let me duel first..."

"Ah, Ryusaki." Moboro looked at him, as if he just now noticed his presence. "You did well, too. Cleared out the small fries. Now there won't be any disturbances. No, no, that will be alright. I'll handle things from here."

Sugita shrugged. He would not oppose Moboro if he wanted to take the stage, and perhaps it was better to hold back a little, observe the field. After all, his earlier duel had given birth to many questions, moreso than it had provided answers. Perhaps this was the right way to start getting some answers.

And then he screamed, as Moboro transformed into... [i]something[/i] that was not human, something utterly grotesque. A gelatine black monster of humanoid shape, with tentacles sprouting from its back. Misshapen claws stretched out from disproportionally long arms. Yuko looked up, and brought her hands to her mouth as if to stop herself from vomiting. Sugita felt quite the same. This... thing was worse than any Duel monster he had seen! Especially considering the large mouth that had appeared on the bottom of its face, twisted in a sickly grin.

---

"Ah, that idiot... he just had to do it."

Nakahara Inoue sighed deeply. An open conference was active between her, Sannosouke and Dunkan. They all commented on Moboro's decision, which each of them had been made fully aware of, with equally derisive statements.

The technology the nine - well, eight, and perhaps soon enough seven - leaders of Duel International employed in the virtual network surpassed everything that was available to the public, or even to their other employers, by lightyears. Each of them could traverse and operate in that world freely in their original form, without the need of intermediate avatars. They retained almost god-like power, barring the restrictions that they themselves had set, the ground rules that the system had been based upon which could not be violated, lest they be exploited by hackers or other unwanted third parties. One example of such rules was the way duels were conducted. That way, regardless of how they could simply erase a nuisance - most of the time - without much effort, if they had to duel, they had to 'play fair'. Of course, fairness was a very, very grey area here.

However, dueling was the 'law' of this world, the order upon which its structure had been based. If they intended to reach the Nexus through it - let alone control it - they needed to utilize that 'order' to create 'chaos'. They had all known that the time would come where they might have to take the situation in their own hands, and step up to the dueling field personally. And they had also accepted the possibility that an opponent might emerge who would be able to defeat them. Therefore, they had taken precautions - a single, last ditch desperate failsafe, should all else prove inefficient.

The nine of them had had virtual avatars constructed, much in the same way the users' avatars were crafted - except, of course, with much more liberty that some of them had taken advantage of to create extremely improbable appearances. In times of need, they could take on those forms. Of course, they changed nothing past the appearance. Nothing, except each of those avatars had been pre-loaded with every fragment of artificial intelligence that had been constructed for the game, stacked into a massive database. Taking that form literally meant that their brains became overcharged with the utmost absolute of information, tactics, and strategy that could be accomplished via the collective skill and intellect that had been built up over a dozen years. Compared to them, the toughest artificial intelligence forms the system could produce would be akin to amateurs. In a sense, they became <Dueling Gods>.

But, such power came at a drastic price. The 'space' where all that data was stored into - the human brain. Its limited capacity would not be able to withstand such a forceful influx of information. They had modelled their avatars to the very brink of human capacity. A little bit more - and it would be over in a fraction of a second. They would not be touched by <True Damage> that resulted from their tampering with the <Real System>. But in that state, just the tiny shock from losing the duel - no, the very conflict of the 'perfect machine' with the concept of 'loss' would overcharge their brain, killing them on the spot. It didn't even have to be a total loss. While in this <God Mode>, if they were pushed hard enough at just the right time, depending on their mental stability and capacity, they could be annihilated instantly. And even if they survived that one use, their mind would be in an extremely fragile state afterwards, perhaps permanently. The risk was just too great.

Their avatars were directly connected to their brains, and linked to each other. Wherever she was or whatever she might have been doing, she would instantly feel it if someone used <God Mode>. That is why they had been able to detect something suspicious about Cornelius Klein, further than his inexplicable murder - although all they had been able to tell was that he engaged <God Mode>, and 'died' shortly thereafter. How he could access the terminal while already dead was still a mystery to them, although Inoue knew Dunkan had figured something out already. It could be further related to the tampering they had done to accomodate for the <God Mode> - they had created something far beyond what should have been allowed, and they were far from fully exploring its boundaries. Of course, from the moment they had decided to literally pierce through the edge of reality, it was too late to be talking about limits.

Needless to say, using such a measure was forbidden unless a very, very dire circumstance came up. It could not simply be used in the middle of a duel - <God Mode> had to be engaged beforehand, otherwise the information already stored within the brain from the current duel would interfere with the structure crafted by the databases, and it would result in malfunctions with catastrophic results. <God Mode> must only be engaged when winning the duel was literally a matter of life and death, and perhaps not even then. Inoue herself, unless the whole of reality was threatening to crumble, and the very last shard of hope for survival relied on her one duel, was resolved not to resort to it.

Then again, some people were plain-out insane.

Despite herself, Inoue was interested. Moboro's <God Mode>, the <Nebula Emperor>, along with the deck specifically grafted for him, against the mysterious lord of the Arc Cradle. No feedback could be traced back from the Arc Cradle, as Inoue's hacking had been countered to a very large degree - an admirable achievement - but the instant <God Mode> was engaged, all of them could simply activate a live feed via a specialized system, set in place after Klein's defection and fall, to prevent further freak cases.

"This will be a good opportunity." Dunkan said solemnly. "Let us observe the limits of our ultimate last weapon."

---

"Ah - I can't believe it." Draco Ross shook his head. "He went ahead and did it. How foolish." He sighed, looking up towards the sky. Or rather, he was looking at where the sky should be. All there was was a massive, black spiralling vortex, cackling with lightning.

"But, forgive me." He said to the three people who stood opposite to him, frozen in place. The first was a silver-haired young girl. She was an <Unknown Factor>, an entity for which they had no data, despite it being a very part of their virtual world. She was identified as Ivory, but no other information was available. Ross was not here for her, though. The two boys standing beside her, Bando Takechi and Jinrei Yenma, were more important at the moment. "I believe I was explaining how I must, unfortunately, do away with you two."

"To run into a guy like that here - " Yenma muttered fearfully. "Who are you?"

"He is Draco Ross." Takechi answered before Ross could open his mouth. "Financial consultant for Duel International... or so it goes. But what is he doing here?"

"He is a dangerous man." Ivory snapped firmly. "You cannot deal with him. Let me take care of - "

"No." To Draco's surprise, it was Takechi rather than Yenma who spoke up. "I've had enough of this. These guys have been playing us for fools. I will not stand for them any longer. It's time I beat some answers out of you." He raised his hand, and a flaring orange duel disk materialized attached to it. Ross nodded with appreciation. For such a short time spent in the Zero Zone, their control over this space had become admirable. They were not currently in the Zone, of course - rather, Ross had set up a program that caused enough mayhem to force the three of them to flee into a subspace, where Ross himself set up his ambush. But, in here, the same rules - or rather, lack of rules - applied, enough for the two boys to be able to play with whatever toys they had discovered back in the main area. Well, Ross was not opposed to that.

"Very well, if you feel that is what you must do, I will take you on." Truth be told, even he was reluctant to face a creature such as that Blackfeather Dragon without a bit of preparation. One of the greatest skills required in the business world was to regulate your opponent's reactions. If he faced Yenma now, with an unknown deck, directly after he challenged them, he might trigger some form of inert ability that served to power-up phantasms like Blackfeather Dragon. That could be dangerous. However, if he used Takechi to have a regular duel, and postponed the boy's demise after his inevitable defeat, Yenma would unconsciously reduce the threat level attributed to his opponent. 'I know his cards', 'He will not kill me'. Some believed that, to win, it was best to push the opponent in a life-or-death situation, where they literally thought even one bad move could result in them losing everything. That was a fine tactic, some times. But another great skill was psychology. Psychology, and knowing when something can jump at you when you least expect it. Yenma's former record, as well as the presence of the crimson marks, definitely suggested that the harder Draco pushed, the more power Yenma might draw out against him.

No, another, more subtle tactic was required. And thus, this boy would serve as just the perfect opponent.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=ZONE]will duel once more before this arc ends.[/spoiler]

Next few updates will be a little slow.

[quote name='Naturia Cat' timestamp='1300229963' post='5075825']
Awesome! So Zone vs. Moboro is coming up?? Also how did Moboro enter the cradle?
[/quote]
By being evil. obv

There needs to be a good way for Z-one to regulate his Temporal Machine Gods without wasting so many cards. There isn't.

[quote name='Naturia Cat' timestamp='1300229963' post='5075825']Awesome! So Zone vs. Moboro is coming up?? Also how did Moboro enter the cradle?[/quote]

The same way the others did. He just entered at a different place, and waited until ZONE had finished defeating Yuko so that he could gather some info.

[quote name='Dr. Cakey' timestamp='1300232634' post='5075907']By being evil. obv

There needs to be a good way for Z-one to regulate his Temporal Machine Gods without wasting so many cards. There isn't.[/quote]

Aye. I'll make it work somehow, though.

Ah okay, never heard of her before. Thanks for clearing that up.

I haven't watched 5D's as far as Zone's involvement, so that deck was all new to me. Freaking awesome I thought.

Good chapter.

Just realised only four more until the next interval, so something big is coming...

Ps: Loving the way no one has even mentioned the current (obviously intentional) absense of an 'EARTH master'. Actually looking forward to his appearance.

[quote name='Nexus Prophet-Evanm7' timestamp='1300235031' post='5075983']Use Valhalla to constantly summon Time Gods?

Use that card that makes you draw a card when you attack a monster and it isn't destroyed?

Merchant into triple Seriphon?[/quote]

Valhalla isn't needed, as the TCG!TMGs can summon themselves quite well. Also, I'll be using the 3 Ain cards, just with slightly modified effects to accommodate for how the TMGs work in the TCG. Charm of Lamentation would be an interesting idea, perhaps.

[quote name='Bahamut ZERO' timestamp='1300288716' post='5076847']Ah okay, never heard of her before. Thanks for clearing that up.

I haven't watched 5D's as far as Zone's involvement, so that deck was all new to me. Freaking awesome I thought.

Good chapter.

Just realised only four more until the next interval, so something big is coming...

Ps: Loving the way no one has even mentioned the current (obviously intentional) absense of an 'EARTH master'. Actually looking forward to his appearance.[/quote]

Hmm, but the fourth member of the unofficial group Yuko, Sugita and Takechi belong too would be... simply, the guy who lost both of the final matches, since those three are the three top-ranked from the tournament. So, he'd be weaker than all of them, at least in theory =/.

Archived