Yu-Gi-Oh! - Dead Zone [FINISHED]

Vector Nightmare

Thank you all for commenting, I hope you continue enjoying this story.

New chapter, and this duel will be quite different than what you might expect. Also, the usual end-of-arc climax starts kicking in, and there will be a lot more of that in the next chapter.

[spoiler=Chapter 35]
[center][b][u]Chapter 35:[/b] Buster Mode[/u][/center]

[i]This thing is not human.[/i] This was all Sugita frantically thought, as he backed into the corner where Yuko was standing, motionless, seemingly frozen in space. Whatever it was, it could not be characterized as a human being, it could not be something a human would have turned into, at least willingly. The visual display beeped with the recognition of the new entity. Name, Nebula Emperor. Rank, one hundred.

"It's hopeless." Yuko said suddenly. Sugita turned towards her. Despite the fright in her eyes from the Nebula Emperor's form, there was something else there. Another, deeper fear. "He cannot win. ZONE can't be defeated."

Just what had happened here before he arrived? Sugita had no answers. He could only rely on what would take place from now on, to reveal a fragment of the truth to him. Who ZONE was, and what was this Arc Cradle. And just what the hell Moboro had transformed to.

---

It was exhilerating. No, more than that. It was ecstasy. Like skyrocketing through the endless scale of evolution, the moment Moboro had activated the process of transformation, he had literally turned into a God. His mind was flooded with information far beyond what it could normally handle. Its processing speed rose fiftyfold. This - this was what Moboro had been struggling for. The Nexus was only a means to an end. Perfect mental capacity, perfect mental ability. He felt in sync with the world around him. Even in this mechanical monstrosity, even though the people around him were virtual images, through the <Immersion System>, he suddenly could to detect the small changes in their temperature, hear the soft beats of their heart. Iseya and Ryusaki were sources of that heat, apparently agitated, frightened, of this new thing that had appeared before them. They should be. Everyone should cower before a God.

He turned his attention to the one who would receive the wrath of God. Unlike his two minions, ZONE was unreadable. Nothing could be heard, or seen, or felt, about him. He was just... there, hovering silently in mid-air, unmoving, unspeaking. In this world of super-awareness that Moboro had entered, he was a parasite that could not but be obliterated.

[center][i][b]Nebula Emperor[/b] - LP: 4000[/i]
[i][b]ZONE[/b] - LP: 4000[/i][/center]

"My turn!" He snarled. If he was paying enough attention to listen to his own voice with the same care that he was studying the world around him, he would be surprised to hear it sounded less like a human, and more like a rabid beast. Of course, a God would not fall to the level of using Duel Disks or any similar devices. Six cards simply existed in front of him him, wrapped in a pitch-black aura. He laughed as he regarded ZONE. Moboro was a God now. It did not matter who the guy was, or what powers he had in this place. He would be erased. And the information Moboro had processed as he witnessed Iseya's duel would greatly help that purpose. "I place one monster in defense mode, then I place two cards face-down. Finally, I activate the permanent magic, Prohibition Command. With this, I can declare the name of a single card - and while I control this face-up magic, the declared card cannot be played."

[spoiler=Prohibition Command][b]Prohibition Command[/b]
SPELL / Continuous
When you activate this card, declare 1 card name. Cards with that name and their effects cannot be used. Cards on the field before this card was activated are not affected (including face-down cards).[/spoiler]

He smiled sinisterly, knowing that, as soon as this card found its way into his hand, his victory was as good as sealed. "The card I declare is, of course, your ace monster - Time Machine God Metaion!"

---

It was impossible to gauge, of course, ZONE's reaction to this move. Sugita could only guess that the monster declared - Time Machine God Metaion, a card which he had never heard of before - was a central card he had demonstrated during his duel against Yuko. He glanced at his companion, but Yuko's dejected expression did not change. She only shook her head, as if dismissed Moboro's move as something that would make no difference.

"Draw." ZONE said quietly. Sugita felt... nervous at the sound of that voice. Like an ominous premonition of certain defeat - this was not a human that Moboro was fighting against. Then again, which of the two duelists was the most inhuman here? "I will place one monster in face-down defense position, and additionally two cards face-down. Turn end."

"Not much else you can do, is there?" Moboro sneered. "My turn! First of all, I Flip Summon my reverse monster - reveal yourself, Worm Linx!!"

The monster that appeared was a tiny two-headed insectoid creature, dark red in color, walking on two legs that were attached closer to the place its arms should be, whereas small, thin legs supported the bulk of the rear part of its body. However, with only three hundred points of attack power, it was hardly a threatening monster. Barring the fact, of course, that Sugita had never seen this monster before, and had no idea of its effect.

[spoiler=Worm Linx][b]Worm Linx[/b]
LIGHT / Reptile
Level 2
300/1000
FLIP: During each End Phase, if this card is face-up, draw 1 card.[/spoiler]

"Then, I Normal Summon Worm Xex!" Joining the miniature reptilian, another unidentified lifeform appeared. It looked like a starfish, only formed from a disgusting green liquid that oozed around it onto the ground, and sporting a lipless mouth featuring rows of jagged teeth in its center. Sugita felt slightly sick.

[spoiler=Worm Xex][b]Worm Xex[/b]
LIGHT / Reptile
Level 4
1800/1000
When this card is Normal Summoned, you can send 1 Reptile-type "Worm" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. If you control a face-up "Worm Yagan", this card cannot be destroyed by battle.[/spoiler]

"When Worm Xex is Normal Summoned, I can send a Worm monster from my deck to the Graveyard." As there was no duel disk or deck to be used, much akin to ZONE's style, a card only briefly appeared before Moboro, and was then sucked into a hole, all the while its back facing the opponent. "Then, Worm Xex will attack your face-down monster!" Spitting out a stream of that green liquid, the alien monstrosity struck ZONE's reverse card - however, as it was flipped face-up, the blonde female warrior in skin-tight black plated armor harmlessly repelled the assault with her longsword.

[center][i][b]Nebula Emperor[/b] - LP: 3800[/i]
[i][b]ZONE[/b] - LP: 4000[/i][/center]

"G.B. Hunter..." Moboro muttered. "I see now! This is what you wanted to protect Metaion from - if it is on your field during your Standby Phase, it will return to the Deck! But, it's useless! With Prohibition Command on the field, you cannot even play that card!"

[spoiler=G.B. Hunter][b]G.B. Hunter[/b]
EARTH / Warrior
Level 4
1200/2000
Cards on the field cannot be returned to the Deck.[/spoiler]

"We'll see." ZONE replied, unaffected by his enemy's outburst.

"Of course we will." Moboro grinned, a sickly smile. "During the End Phase, if a flipped face-up Worm Linx is on my side of the field, I draw once." A new card appeared before him. "Turn end."

"Draw." ZONE stated, but immediately his turn passed on. "Turn end."

"Are you mocking me?" Moboro snarled. "Regardless, during your End Phase, the effect of Worm Linx allows me to draw another card. And now it's my turn! You may be thinking that you can hide behind that pathetic monster of yours for now, but I will disillusion you! I release Worm Linx to advance summon, Worm Prince!" The small reptile mutated into a much larger variety, standing on its hind legs and featuring sickly orange skin, along with giant wing-like appendages protruding from its back.

[spoiler=Worm Prince][b]Worm Prince[/b]
LIGHT / Reptile
Level 6
2200/400
If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, you can add 1 Reptile-Type "Worm" monster from your Deck to your hand. If you don't control at least 1 other Reptile-Type "Worm" monster, destroy this card during the End Phase.[/spoiler]

"Worm Prince's attack power is higher than G.B. Hunter's! Attack, Worm Prince!" Moboro commanded, and his monster hastened to obey, slashing at the female knightess with its claws. ZONE did not retaliate, and his monster was obliterated.

"If Worm Prince destroys another monster by battle, I may add a Worm monster from my deck to my hand." Another card appeared in front of Moboro, who was maintaining formidable hand advantage. "Of course, the Battle Phase is not over yet. Worm Xex, direct attack!" ZONE accepted the strike without as much as a comment.

[center][i][b]Nebula Emperor[/b] - LP: 3800[/i]
[i][b]ZONE[/b] - LP: 2200[/i][/center]

"This ends my turn." Moboro said smugly.

"Draw." One of the cards in front of ZONE began shining brightly. Sugita started - a strange [i]feeling[/i] emanated from that card, a sensation of... wrongness. "When I control no monsters, this Level 10 monster can be Summoned from my hand without sacrifice." ZONE stated. Sugita thought he had not heard right - what Level monster now? "Appear, Time Machine God Razion!!"

And just when Sugita thought this duel couldn't get any weirder, a mechanical structure appeared next to ZONE, floating in a way much akin to its controller. Its 'legs' were fused into one, steel blue wings spread behind its back, twin flames blazed over its shoulders, and a faceless head was situated atop its neck. But by far the most horrible feature of the monster was its torso, which was covered by some sort of glass case. From within, an elderly human face could be seen, trapped inside that mechanical creature's body. Sugita's stomach churned slightly.

[spoiler=Time Machine God Razion][b]Time Machine God Razion[/b]
FIRE / Fairy
Level 10
0/0
This card cannot be Special Summoned from the Deck. If you control no monsters, you can Normal Summon this card without Tributing. This card cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects. You take no Battle Damage from battles involving this face-up Attack Position card. If this card battles, return all cards in your opponent's Graveyard to the Deck. Inflict 1000 damage to your opponent when they draw a card during the Draw Phase. During your Standby Phase, return this face-up card to the Deck.[/spoiler]

"This is - another card like the one you battled?" Sugita asked Yuko, not taking his eyes off the mechanical monstrosity. Time Machine God Metaion, Time Machine God Razion... considering how much Moboro had wanted to seal Metaion off, he could already tell that this monster was bad news...

"So you had more than one..." Moboro hissed angrily. "It doesn't matter. Don't think you can win just with that."

"Call of the Living Dead revives G.B. Hunter to the field." ZONE continued, as if he hadn't heard. "Now, battle. Time Machine God Razion, attack Worm Prince. Razion cannot be destroyed by battle, and all battle damage is reduced to zero. Also, when Time Machine God Razion battles, all monsters in the opponent's Graveyard return to the deck."

[spoiler=Call of the Living Dead][b]Call of the Living Dead[/b]
TRAP / Continuous
Select 1 monster from your Graveyard and Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position. When this card is removed from the field, destroy the monster. When the monster is destroyed, destroy this card.[/spoiler]

"I won't allow that! Trap, activate - Gravity Bind! While this card remains face-up, Level 4 or higher monsters cannot attack."

[spoiler=Gravity Bind][b]Gravity Bind[/b]
TRAP / Continuous
All Level 4 or higher monsters on the field cannot attack.[/spoiler]

"So be it." ZONE said. "Turn end."

"My turn!" Moboro declared gleefully. "Draw!"

"At this moment, the second effect of Time Machine God Razion activates." ZONE interjected. "When the opponent draws a card during the Draw Phase, they take a thousand points of damage." Razion raised its massive arms, and hurled a ball of fire which passed right through the black twisted monstrosity that Moboro had turned into. He hissed as he was burned by the illusory flames.

[center][i][b]Nebula Emperor[/b] - LP: 2800[/i]

Suddenly, Yuko gave out a small cry of shock. Sugita turned to see what had distracted her - and briefly forgot about the fight going on in front of them. In the control panel of Neptune's Throne, Yuko's D-Wheel, he could clearly see the presence of the person called Vortexflame, Bando Takechi, in the area. After yesterday's events, his presence was a completely unexpected surprise.

"Stay here." He said. Yuko nodded.

"Be careful." She wishpered. The door which Moboro had apparently entered from stood open, so Sugita rushed to his D-Wheel, the Eagle Cove, and mounted it, speeding away back into the confines of the flying fortress.

---

"Who... are you?"

Kiishiro's voice trembled. He was surprised he could even speak - his tongue felt numb, stuck in his mouth. His whole body felt numb. He was seeing things. The person who stood in front of him, a black-clad woman with a sinister grin - that person could absolutely [i]not[/i] be his mother.

The woman's grin widened. The air... rippled around her, and her appearance shifted. Her face looked younger now. Green eyes sparkled contrary to Sanjou Kotomi's black, and light brown hair tied in a ponytail lengthened, turning pitch-black. She was taller now, more regal - but she exuded the same air of danger as before, the sensation that had made Kiishiro certain the person he was facing was an imposter.

"Ah, I thought seeing your mother's appearance would help calm you down a bit." The woman said airily. "I'm sorry if I upset you. You may call me Ebony. I came here on your mother's behest, to rescue you."

"Rescue me?" Kiishiro's mind was still unable to formulate thoughts clearly. "What... what are you talking about? Where is my mother? What happened to her?"

"Wallowing in despair from your disappearance, she pleaded for a way to save you. I answered that call, and here I am." Ebony said. "I could care less about you or her, but... let's just say that not fulfilling her wish complicates matters for me. I am a busy woman, so let me get this done already, before you end up like her or worse." She reached out with her hand, but Kiishiro stepped backwards, frightened. He gripped the handle of Glass Stream to steady himself.

"What... what did you mean, 'like her'? What have you done to my mother?" Kiishiro did not trust this person. And there was one thing - when she had appeared in his mother's form, there was... something of Kotomi in her, something more than just the looks.

"She just helped me out with some minor trouble." Ebony waved her hand impatiently. "She will be... staying here for a while. Now - "

Darkness surged from Kiishiro's body. The floor shook with a powerful pulse, and black streams began emerging from his arms. He raised both hands, and the dark mirage took shape, converging into crimson-and-black shapes that merged with each other into the form of a serpentine beast. Black Rose Dragon roared, causing a cascade of petals to whirl around them.

"What have you done with her?!" Kiishiro screamed, now out of control. He knew first-hand the dangers that lurked in this virtual world - if this person had dragged his mother into this nightmare... "Tell me where she is!" His monster howled, its anger resonating with Kiishiro's rage.

"Such a naive boy, seeking to use this against me." Ebony shook her head, raising an arm. Suddenly, Black Rose Dragon burst into pieces, as if it had been destroyed during a duel. The wind settled, and the energy that had summoned the creature vanished. Kiishiro dropped on one knee, panting heavily. "You have enough power, but no finesse, no control. You have a lot to learn, before you can even begin to dream about matching blows with me."

"I will beat you down, one way or another." Kiishiro snarled, and forcefully attached his Duel Disk on his left arm, activating it immediately. A small part in the back of his mind tried to hold him back, reminding him that this was an opponent even ZONE had seemed wary of, but he did not listen.

"I offer you a chance to save yourself, and you rush into death's maw." Ebony shook her head. A pitch-black, sharp-edged Duel Disk with ornate dark green carvings on the side materialized on her arm, glowing with an unearthly luster. "If you want to die this badly, it will solve my problems just as well."

---

Three D-Wheels sped across the narrow passageways of the Arc Cradle. Ivory's Aether Dawn easily kept ahead of both Yenma's Shadowwind and Takechi's Hellspike, though the boys seemed unwilling to take the front either way.

"We're getting close." Ivory warned them, her grip around the handle of the D-Wheel tightening. She could feel it. A presence that pulsed counterweight to her own, a pool of oil in a crystal-clear ocean, slowly expanding, growing. Her heart raced with primordial terror she had not faced in a very long time. She did not shy away from it - she faced it, and drew strength from the very fear that consumed her. If one was to face an opponent like Ebony, their mind must be clear, their heart resolved.

An unfamiliar presence was brought to her attention, honing in on them via a nearby passage. This was not unexpected - there had to be other people inside this Arc Cradle besides the bearer of the crimson mark and her sister, and, leaving her aside, they could, presumably, track down the two boys riding behind her via conventional means. "Someone is coming." She warned them.

"It's Sugita - what the hell is he doing here?" Takechi exclaimed, verifying the identity on his control panel. No sooner had the question been brought up than the person emerged from a nearby entrance, facing them. Ivory stopped reluctantly.

"Look, I have no time to explain - " Takechi said in a rush, but his former companion interrupted him by raising an arm.

"I understand. The situation is urgent." He said, casting Yenma an unreadable glance. "For now, let's go. Strange things are happening all around here, but I have a bad feeling. We will talk later."

Slightly amazed at the guy's composure, Ivory nodded. "Indeed. I will explain everything once we are in the clear - but for now, we are all in mortal danger." She took the lead again, one more follower in tow.

"Is Yuko around, too?" Takechi asked over the sound of the engines. Sugita, who had fallen into place on the right side of him, with Yenma on the left, nodded.

"Moboro brought us here to take out the guy who is occupying this fortress. It's hard to believe, but he... [i]turned[/i] into a monster, in order to fight that ZONE fellow. I left Yuko to watch their duel, but there is something worse going on..."

"Trust me, I'd believe just about anything..." Takechi murmured. "Wait until you hear our story..."

"Brace yourselves!" Ivory called out. Astonished, Yenma, Sugita and Takechi barely had time to cover their faces, as a black wave shot through the corridor they were in. It passed through them harmlessly, but they [i]felt[/i] its intensity shake them to their very cores.

"This is bad. The battle is already underway." Ivory said between pursed lips.

---

Moboro staggered backwards, clutching his head. He did not quite comprehend it yet, but Razion's effect had done more than take out a thousand of his Life Points. If he could think clearly, instead of being devoured by the exhileration of absolute control, he might have remembered that <God Mode> was a precarious state. It brought the mind to a stage where all elements of victory were assembled, making defeat a contradictory concept. Bringing the mental capacity to the absolute limit in order to overload it with the necessary knowledge and insight, it also caused it to hover on the verge of total collapse. A minor trigger, like the shock of taking damage during a duel, was enough to unbalance it. Too many shocks, and it would break down. If it lasted too long, the mind might be unable to return to its normal functions and shatter. It was a weapon not to be used but in the greatest emergency.

Of course, Moboro could think about none of those factors at the moment. He was seething with rage, burning to strike back. "I activate Hurricane, returning all Spell and Trap cards on the field to our hands. That means that both our reverse cards, Call of the Living Dead, Prohibition Command and Gravity Bind vanish from the field. With Call of the Living Dead gone, G.B. Hunter also disappears."

[spoiler=Hurricane][b]Hurricane[/b]
SPELL / Normal
Return all Spell and Trap Cards on the field to their owners' hands.[/spoiler]

"I activate Prohibition Command once more, this time targeting Call of the Living Dead." If ZONE had more of those Time Machine Gods, it would do little to just seal one of them. He'd be better off targeting ZONE's revival card, which he was certain he had in his hand. It was unfortunate that he could not get rid of Razion this turn, but that thing would return to the deck in ZONE's Standby Phase. In the meantime, he could set up his field however he liked. "I set one monster, and two reverse cards. Turn end."

"It is my turn." ZONE said. "During the Standby Phase, Time Machine Gods on the field will return to the deck." The annoying machine creature dissolved into particles. "I Normal Summon this monster without sacrifice, as I control no other monsters. Appear, Time Machine God Metaion." Moboro simply growled as the monster he had attempted to seal appeared. However, he was prepared for it.

[spoiler=Time Machine God Metaion][b]Time Machine God Metaion[/b]
FIRE / Fairy
Level 10
0/0
This card cannot be Special Summoned from the Deck. If you control no monsters, you can Normal Summon this card without Tributing. This card cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects. You take no Battle Damage from battles involving this face-up Attack Position card. At the end of the Battle Phase in which this card battled, return all other monsters on the field to the hand, and inflict 300 damage to your opponent for each monster returned. During your Standby Phase, return this face-up card to the Deck.[/spoiler]

"Metaion attacks Worm Prince." ZONE declared.

"Gravity Bind, activate!" Moboro countered. "Your monster's attack is sealed."

"So be it, then. During the second Main Phase, I activate the Magic card, Advance Draw. I release Time Machine God Metaion, in order to draw two cards." The giant robot with the grinning face stuck into its chest disappeared, and two more cards materialized in front of ZONE. So he had made use of his Time Machine God before it would get removed. But that assumed Gravity Bind would prevent Moboro from attacking during his own turn.

It would not.

[spoiler=Advance Draw][b]Advance Draw[/b]
SPELL / Normal
Tribute 1 face-up Level 8 or higher monster you control. Draw 2 cards.[/spoiler]

"I activate the Field spell, Savage Colosseum." ZONE stated, as the half-ruined seatings of a Roman-styled arena formed around them. "Monsters that are capable of attacking must declare an attack. Then, one reverse card. Turn end."

[spoiler=Savage Colosseum][b]Savage Colosseum[/b]
SPELL / Field
If a monster attacks, its controller gains 300 Life Points at the end of the Damage Step. All monsters must attack, if able. During the End Phase, destroy all face-up Attack Position monsters the turn player controls, that did not declare an attack.[/spoiler]

"Draw." Moboro said crisply. He frowned. His permanent Trap, Gravity Bind, would prevent monsters from attacking. The field Spell, Savage Colosseum, would force monsters to attack. Normally, he would want to keep Gravity Bind out, but that would mean having his monsters destroyed. Even if he had sealed off Call of the Living Dead, that did not mean that that reverse card could not be used to summon one of the Time Machine Gods. Moboro's reverse monster was Worm Apocalypse, and the only way he currently had to destroy a Spell or Trap card.

He could finish the game this turn by destroying Gravity Bind and attacking. If he used Worm Apoclaypse's effect on Savage Colosseum, he could prevent the destruction of his monsters, but at the same time he would remain locked up in his defense for another turn. This game was taking long, too long. Perhaps ZONE had already identified the weakness of the <God Mode>, and was just stalling for time. Moboro's brain, functioning at high gear, calculated all the possibilities, all the scenarios, extrapolated conclusions. But, for all his intellect, his tactics did not take into account one major factor. Every turn that passed brought him closer to the brink of mental collapse.

He made up his mind.

"I change Worm Apocalypse to face-up attack position, and destroy my own Gravity Bind. Then I release Worm Apocalypse to advance Summon Worm Erokin!" Massive even by the standards set by Worm Prince, this atrocity, its whole body coated in an oozing green liquid, howled fiercely. It was, perhaps, not necessary in order to claim victory, but it did help set things up a little.

[spoiler=Worm Apocalypse][b]Worm Apocalypse[/b]
LIGHT / Reptile
Level 1
300/200
FLIP: Select and destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Worm Erokin][b]Worm Erokin[/b]
LIGHT / Reptile
Level 6
2400/1200
This card cannot be Special Summoned. Once per turn, select 1 face-up Reptile-Type "Worm" monster on the field and change it into face-down Defense Position.[/spoiler]

"Now, battle! Worm Erokin, direct attack!"

"Permanent Trap card, Limit Rebirth." ZONE interjected. "Time Machine God Metaion, as a monster with less than 1000 points of attack, is revived - and due to Savage Colosseum, the attack of your monsters cannot stop."

[spoiler=Limit Rebirth][b]Limit Rebirth[/b]
TRAP / Continuous
Select 1 monster with 1000 or less ATK from your Graveyard, and Special Summon it in Attack Position. If that monster is changed to Defense Position, destroy it and this card. When this card is removed from the field, destroy that monster. When that monster is destroyed, destroy this card.[/spoiler]

"Hmpfh." Moboro frowned. "Instant magic, Book of Total Solar Eclipse. All monsters on the field flip to face-down defense mode." The holographic images of all four creatures disappeared, as their cards returned to horizontal position.

[spoiler=Book of Total Solar Eclipse][b]Book of Total Solar Eclipse[/b]
SPELL / Quick-Play
Change all face-up monsters on the field to face-down Defense Position. During the End Phase, flip all face-down Defense Position monsters your opponent controls face-up, and your opponent draws 1 card for each.[/spoiler]

"I set one card. During my End Phase, all monsters you control return to face-up position, and you can draw one card for each." Moboro said.

"Very well." Another card materialized in front of ZONE, then another one second later. "During the Standby Phase, Time Machine God Metaion returns to my deck. I call a monster in Defense mode, and set two cards. Turn end."

"Draw!" Moboro declared angrily. "Battle! Worm Erokin, attack the reverse monster!" The monstrosity slammed its giant fist into the reverse card, but a skeleton clad in purple robes appeared to withstand it.

"Soul-Erasing Spirit is not destroyed by battle." ZONE explained, but a card had already flipped open on Moboro's side of the field.

[spoiler=Soul-Erasing Spirit][b]Soul-Erasing Spirit[/b]
DARK / Zombie
Level 3
300/200
This card cannot be destroyed by battle. Destroy this card when it is targeted by the effect of a Spell, Trap, or Effect Monster. If this card successfully attacks directly, your opponent randomly discards 1 card.[/spoiler]

"Instant magic, Book of Moon." Moboro said gleefully. "I know that Soul-Erasing Spirit will be destroyed when targeted by a card effect." The indestructible monster struggled as it was enveloped in a black shroud, before it was annihilated completely. "Also, thanks to the effect of Savage Colosseum, 300 of my Life Points are restored."

[spoiler=Book of Moon][b]Book of Moon[/b]
SPELL / Quick-Play
Flip 1 face-up monster on the field into face-down Defense Position.[/spoiler]

[center][i][b]Nebula Emperor[/b] - LP: 3100[/i]

"My Battle Phase is not over. Worm Prince, attack directly!"

"Instant Magic, Scape Goat." ZONE retaliated coolly. "Four Sheep Tokens are Special Summoned."

[spoiler=Scape Goat][b]Scape Goat[/b]
SPELL / Quick-Play
If you activate this card, you cannot Summon other monsters this turn. Special Summon 4 "Sheep Tokens" (Beast-Type/EARTH/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) in Defense Position. The "Sheep Tokens" cannot be used as a Tribute for a Tribute Summon (or Set).[/spoiler]

"Are you mocking me?!" Moboro screamed in frustration. "Worm Prince, take out one of the tokens! Worm Xex, destroy another one!" His two reptilian aliens wasted no time obeying the command. "Worm Prince's effect adds a Worm monster to my hand, and I regain 600 Life Points."

[center][i][b]Nebula Emperor[/b] - LP: 3700[/i]

"During my second Main Phase, I activate this." Moboro suddenly felt very conscious of the pressure applied to him. He was making no progress. With the advantage shifting back and forth, and his mind literally hanging from a thread, he was running out of options. "Black Hole obliterates all monsters on the field." All three of the Worm monsters, and the two remaining tokens, were sucked into a spiralling black light that raged like a storm in the middle of the arena.

[spoiler=Black Hole][b]Black Hole[/b]
SPELL / Normal
Destroy all monsters on the field.[/spoiler]

"I activate Jar of Avarice, returning five monsters in my Graveyard to the deck." He went on. "I return Worm Linx, Worm Apocalypse, Worm Prince, Worm Xex, and Worm Erokin. And then I draw twice."

[spoiler=Jar of Avarice][b]Jar of Avarice[/b]
SPELL / Normal
Select 5 Monster Cards in your Graveyard. Return those cards to the Deck, then draw 2 cards.[/spoiler]

[i]Finally.[/i]

"It's time to settle this, ZONE." Moboro snarled. "I activate this permanent Magic card - Future Fusion! With this, I can send the Fusion Material monsters from my deck to the Graveyard, and the Fusion monster will appear two turns from now. And the monster I target is the ultimate Worm monster, which is called Worm Zero! That monster can be fused with any number of Worm monsters, so I will simply send... eleven monsters from the deck to the Graveyard!" Cards began materializing out of thin air all over the space between the two duelists, sucked into a chaotic maelstrom that hovered overhead before their details could be discerned.

[spoiler=Future Fusion][b]Future Fusion[/b]
SPELL / Continuous
Send, from your Deck to the Graveyard, Fusion Material Monsters that are listed on a Fusion Monster Card, and select that 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck. Special Summon a Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck with the same name as the selected Fusion Monster during your 2nd Standby Phase after this card's activation. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon.) When this card is removed from the field, destroy the monster. When the monster is destroyed, destroy this card.[/spoiler]

"And to wrap things up, I'll set a monster." He forced the card drawn by Prince's effect to materialize horizontally before him. "Turn end."

---

ZONE, concealed within the metal vehicle, narrowed his eyes. There was a reason why he was dragging the duel out for so long, but it seemed time was nearly up.

Duel International's chiefs falsely believed that their world was only acting as a conduit between dimensions, only dragging in energy from other worlds, when the greatest of their illusory phantasms, with enough conceptual power to fully materialize across dimensions, were called forth. That was not inherently true. The very game that was being played was echoed in many alternate realities, all of which orbited around the Nexus they were trying to breach. Every card that was used, every monster or Spell or Trap card that was played, formed a link to one of these worlds, causing energy to flow in. But to acquire that energy, this side needed to spend an equal amount of energy as well, and it was when this two-sided conglomerate crossed between the Outer Spheres that the Nexus was formed and enlarged.

This Arc Cradle was a unique structure that produced humongous amounts of such energy, and fueled itself through them. It was a fortress that transcended time as well as dimensions. The three main reactor gears, situated in its very core, could produce an amount of energy adequate to instantly achieve the goal of breaching into the Nexus - and ZONE suspected that his enemies might well be after just that.

Right now, a massive torrent of that energy was flowing into a space overhead. ZONE did not know what exactly had happened, but Sanjou Kiishiro was unconsciously, yet very forcefully tapping into the Arc Cradle's power. Whoever he was facing was formidable - they had formed a barrier that prevented ZONE from accessing that space via his controls - but if Kiishiro kept on unleashing such power, there was no telling what exactly would happen. It was possible that the devastation that had been barely averted by the two dragons' attack on each other could be realized in an instant. And that was why ZONE had to drag this duel out, act as a counterpoint, divide the drawn energy.

However, this man he was facing had done something that had turned his human brain into that of a machine, able to perform duel-related calculations at astronomical speeds. He had already circumvented ZONE's traps, that would have served to lock him into a position of certain defeat, several times, and had now abandoned all caution in favor of a total offense. No matter what, he would have to respond appropriately.

"Draw." He said, as another card materialized in front of him. The mind of a machine would not be enough to extinguish the possibilities of the human species.
[/spoiler]

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And the madness ramps up even more...

I feel like the Nebula Emperor might be behaving too recklessly. If God Mode's supposed to make him genius, he should be able to recognize the risk of using up his Normal Summon after flipping Apocalypse. On the other hand, with 4000 LP, keeping a weak monster in Attack Position would be very risky as well.

When you rewrite, I'd recommend making the deck more like an actual Worm Deck, like opening with Xex -> Yagan. Also Genex Ally Triforce. Just my thoughts, of course.

[quote name='Dr. Cakey' timestamp='1301791265' post='5109302']And the madness ramps up even more...

I feel like the Nebula Emperor might be behaving too recklessly. If God Mode's supposed to make him genius, he should be able to recognize the risk of using up his Normal Summon after flipping Apocalypse. On the other hand, with 4000 LP, keeping a weak monster in Attack Position would be very risky as well.

When you rewrite, I'd recommend making the deck more like an actual Worm Deck, like opening with Xex -> Yagan. Also Genex Ally Triforce. Just my thoughts, of course.[/quote]

Eh, Book of Eclipse kind of kept that risk at bay, only really devastating thing there would be TT. And yeah, I actually don't really know much about Worms so I went by rather random things. I'll definitely look into fixing it up a little. But the Genex monsters are reserved for someone else, so...

WORMS!! *starts dancing out of joy*

As you may have noticed, Worms are my 2nd fav Archtype. Though I agree with Dr.Cakey the Deck of the Nebula Emperor is kinda unrealistic. I myself use worms, and only use like half of the cards there actually are (though in multiple). As 8 different "Worms" are more then enough for Zero expecially with 4000 LP, 18 is just Overkill.

Anywho, besides those minor points, I quite liked it.

I'm taking note of all the suggestions here. You are right, the 18 monsters were perhaps rather overkill, and not really needed as well. I will definitely cut it down in a future revision, though there was, actually, a reason for them being specifically 18. And, what's your favorite archetype then?

Anyways, as I promised, this chapter here will be an Extra Chapter, and hopefully a quite satisfying one at that (it's actually longer than an average chapter, much more so than the former Extra Chapter, and contains two duels instead of one). Unlike the previous one, this one ties more to the plot, although hopefully you will enjoy the first part as well. Then, without further ado -

[spoiler=Extra Chapter 2]
[center][b][u]Extra Chapter 2:[/b] Mirage Dragon[/u][/center]

" - Duel!!"

Still getting accustomed to the motions of his virtual body, Sanjou Kiishiro drew his cards. His opponent, a hazel-eyed youngster in a pair of plain jeans and a red jacket, with a black shirt visible underneath, did the same, grinning at him. His brown hair, haphazardly combed in a wayward fashion, seemed to waver with his motions. This was the artificial intelligence the system had automatically selected from him, out of a random choice of enemies. Different than the ones he had fought before, he would hopefully prove an easier challenge, as despite the fact that Kiishiro had selected the easiest difficulty level, it still seemed he was badly outmatched. As always when dueling against the artificial intelligence at this level, Kiishiro was granted the choice to select who would take the opening move - he chose to start first.

[center][i][b]Thunderbolt Knight[/b] - LP: 4000[/i]
[i][b]EasyBot - Jaden[/b] - LP: 4000[/i][/center]

"Draw." He said, feeling a little ridiculous. He examined the cards he was holding. Only Level 4 or lower monsters could be summoned, so...

"I set a monster in defense mode." He said. This monster seemed to have a 'flip' effect, so it was better to play it face-down. He looked at another card he was holding. It might not have been purple like a Trap card, but the little lightning symbol indicated that, even if it was a Spell, it could be used on the opponent's turn. "I'll also set a reverse card. Turn end."

"My turn!" The bot exclaimed energetically. "Let's get our game on! I activate the Spell card, Fusion! By merging together Elemental Hero Featherman and Elemental Hero Burst Lady from my hand, I can call out a new monster from my Extra Deck! Come forth, Elemental Hero Flame Wingman!" Two monsters appeared, looking like strange caricatures from some superhero comic, a half-green-skinned male figure with a mask and twin feathered wings, and a scantily-clad woman in spandex red uniform complete with a red vizor, surrounded by an aura of flame. They were sucked into a spiralling vortex, fused together to form an even more bizarre creature. Its main body was green and muscular like Featherman's, but only on its left side did one of the broad white wings spread out - on the other side, his arm ended in some form of dragon head, and a spiked red tail sprouted from its back. It floated a little over the otherwise empty field, brandishing its presumed weapon towards Kiishiro.

[spoiler=Fusion][b]Fusion[/b]
SPELL / Normal
Send Fusion Material Monsters that are listed on a Fusion Monster Card from your hand or your side of the field to the Graveyard, and Special Summon that Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Elemental Hero Featherman][b]Elemental Hero Featherman[/b]
WIND / Warrior
Level 3
1000/1000
[i]A winged Elemental Hero who wheels through the sky and manipulates the wind. His signature move, Featherbreak, gives villainy a blow from sky-high.[/i][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Elemental Hero Burst Lady][b]Elemental Hero Burst Lady[/b]
FIRE / Warrior
Level 3
1200/800
[i]A flame manipulator who is the only woman among the Elemental Heroes. Her Burstfire burns away villainy.[/i][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Elemental Hero Flame Wingman][b]Elemental Hero Flame Wingman[/b]
WIND / Warrior / Fusion
Level 6
2100/1200
"Elemental Hero Featherman" + "Elemental Hero Burst Lady"
This monster cannot be Special Summoned except by Fusion Summon. When this card destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the ATK of the destroyed monster.[/spoiler]

Fusion Summon?! That was a new one. Kiishiro had read that Fusion meant taking two monsters from either the field or the hand and sending them to the Graveyard, in order to summon a Fusion monster from the Extra Deck that was comprised of those 'material' monsters - yet he had not seen it used before. This Flame Wingman seemed like a dangerous enemy, too.

"Next, I call out Elemental Hero Sparkman, too!" The bot called Jaden held out his fourth card, and another creature of unorthdox design, this time a warrior coated fully in shining blue-and-gold futuristic armor, materialized next to the fusion monster.

[spoiler=Elemental Hero Sparkman][b]Elemental Hero Sparkman[/b]
LIGHT / Warrior
Level 4
1600/1400
[i]An Elemental Hero and a warrior of light who proficiently wields many kinds of armaments. His Shining Surge Flash cuts off the path of villainy.[/i][/spoiler]

Seeing a pattern, Kiishiro verified the data on the four monsters, browsing the overhead display. He rolled his eyes at the flavor text of the Elemental Heroes - they were merely Normal monsters, after all - but gulped as he read through the effect of Flame Wingman.

"Now, battle!" Jaden commanded. "Flame Wingman, shoot down his concealed monster!" The winged creature flew towards Kiishiro's reverse card, aiming at it with a ferocious slash. The small orange-skinned scythe-wielding creature was annihilated without resistance. "And there's more! When Flame Wingman destroys another monster by battle, you take damage equal to that monster's attack!" Flame Wingman held his dragon-arm in front of Kiishiro, and an illusory flame enveloped him. It did not hurt beyond a mild sensation of heat, but he still flinched, unfamiliar with the system's virtualization of damage.

[center][i][b]Thunderbolt Knight[/b] - LP: 2400[/i]

"But, when Regrass Reaper is destroyed by battle, the monster that destroyed it loses five hundred points of attack." Kiishiro said. "And since it was flipped face up, we must both discard one card from our hands." He plucked out a card he had singled out to use with this effect and placed it in the appropriate slot, watching his opponent do the same.

[spoiler=Regrass Reaper][b]Regrass Reaper[/b]
FIRE / Plant
Level 4
1600/100
FLIP: Each player discards 1 card. A monster that destroys this card by battle loses 500 ATK and DEF.[/spoiler]

"But, now Sparkman can attack you directly!" Jaden pointed at Kiishiro again.

"Reverse card, open!" Kiishiro said. "The Instant Spell, Collapse! Your monster's attack points are halved for this turn!" Sparkman shrinked in size until it was only half as large as it originally was, and though it still shot a volley of electricity at Kiishiro, it only hit for half the regular damage.

[spoiler=Collapse][b]Collapse[/b]
SPELL / Quick-Play
Select 1 face-up monster on the field. The original ATK of that monster is halved until the end of this turn.[/spoiler]

[center][i][b]Thunderbolt Knight[/b] - LP: 1600[/i]

"Then I'll throw down a face-down, and end my turn." Jaden responded cheerfully.

"My turn. Draw." Kiishiro said, a little unsteadily. Even in his previous duels, he had not taken as much damage in one turn. "I... I summon Seed of Flame in attack mode." He said. A small plant-like creature walking on its hind legs, but with a wild blaze where the head should be, appeared on the field.

[spoiler=Seed of Flame][b]Seed of Flame[/b]
FIRE / Plant
Level 3
1600/1200
When this card you control is destroyed by a Card effect and sent to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Plant-Type monster except "Seed of Flame", from your Graveyard. Also, Special Summon 1 "Seed Token" (Plant-Type/EARTH/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) to your opponent's side of the field in Defense Position. This Token cannot be Tributed for a Tribute Summon.[/spoiler]

"Alright." Kiishiro carefully examined another card in his hand, to make sure he had the effect right. "I attack. Seed of Flame, attack Elemental Hero Flame Wingman!"

"But both our monsters will be destroyed." Jaden observed - the artificial intelligence was designed to provide tips during gameplay. "And though you will take no damage from Flame Wingman's effect, that will leave your field open." Kiishiro jerked his head - he had had no idea that Flame Wingman's effect would not activate, should both monsters be destroyed.

"I - I knew that." He said irritably. "I activate Guard Hedge from my hand, sending it to the Graveyard. This will protect my monster from being destroyed, but its attack points will be halved for the remainder of the turn." The two monsters collided, but only Flame Wingman was obliterated. He should probably have used this card when Regrass Reaver was attacked, but he had hesitated due to wanting to activate Reaver's effect - and it had cost him a lot of Life Points.

[spoiler=Guard Hedge][b]Guard Hedge[/b]
FIRE / Plant
Level 3
0/2100
During damage calculation, you can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard to prevent a monster you control from being destroyed by this battle, but that monster's ATK is halved until the End Phase.[/spoiler]

"I place one card face-down." Kiishiro had confidence in this Trap card. "Turn end."

"Then watch out! It's my go!" Jaden exclaimed. "With this, the effect of Elemental Hero Necro Darkman in my Graveyard activates! Once, I can Normal Summon an Elemental Hero monster without sacrifice! So come on out, Elemental Hero Edgeman!" Kiishiro blinked as the ghastly image of a crimson armored warrior appeared briefly on the field, replaced by another one, this time in golden shining full-body plate armor, and twin blades protruding from its armguards.

[spoiler=Elemental Hero Necro Darkman][b]Elemental Hero Necro Darkman[/b]
DARK / Warrior
Level 5
1600/1800
While this card is in the Graveyard, one time only, you can Normal Summon 1 "Elemental Hero" monster from your hand without Tributing any monsters.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Elemental Hero Edgeman][b]Elemental Hero Edgeman[/b]
EARTH / Warrior
Level 7
2600/1800
During battle between this attacking card and a Defense Position monster whose DEF is lower than the ATK of this card, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent.[/spoiler]

"When was that monster sent to the Graveyard?" Kiishiro asked, baffled.

"That was the effect of your own Regrass Reaper." Jaden reprimanded playfully. "Remember, your opponent can also take advantage when you force him to discard cards. Now, battle! Elemental Hero Edgeman, attack Seed of Flame!"

"That's what I was waiting for!" Kiishiro retaliated. "Trap, activate! Drain Shield! Now your attack is negated, and all your damage is converted into Life Points for me!" A semi-transparent barrier wrapped around him, protecting him from the golden hero's charge, but Jaden merely smirked.

[spoiler=Drain Shield][b]Drain Shield[/b]
TRAP / Normal
Negate the attack of 1 of your opponent's monsters and gain Life Points equal to its ATK.[/spoiler]

"I activate a Trap card of my own, namely, Edge Hammer!" He declared. "With this, Elemental Hero Edgeman is released before he can complete the attack! But that's not all, because thanks to Edge Hammer's second effect, one of your monsters is destroyed, and you take damage equal to that monster's attack power!" Edgeman's charge turned into a golden whirlwind, completely breaking through Drain Shield's protective force and smashing into Kiishiro's monster. Kiishiro grunted - he had not expected that, but he was still able to do something.

[spoiler=Edge Hammer][b]Edge Hammer[/b]
TRAP / Normal
Tribute 1 "Elemental Hero Edgeman". Destroy 1 monster your opponent controls, and inflict damage to your opponent equal to the original ATK of that monster.[/spoiler]

"Seed of Flame's effect activates!" He said quickly. "Since it was destroyed by a card effect, I can revive a Level 4 or lower Plant monster from my Graveyard!" A moment passed, then another - yet nothing seemed to happen. Kiishiro waited, but when the smoke from the explosion cleared, the truth hit him in the form of the visual display's message hanging overhead.

[center][i][b]Thunderbolt Knight[/b] - LP: 0[/i]

"Gotcha!" The bot, which was quickly getting annoying, said with a smile as it slowly disappeared, pointing at Kiishiro with two fingers. "That was a fun duel!"

[center][b][i]Duel Concluded[/b]
[b]Result:[/b] Loss
[b]Duel Points Awarded:[/b] 3
Thank you for Playing![/i][/center]

Kiishiro sighed dejectedly, leaning back on the Duel Terminal's chair. He had enthusiastically started playing as soon as he had registered his account, yet even if he had picked the easiest difficulty level possible, he had already lost three times. Really, weren't you supposed to get started off easy? That's what he had heard, at least, yet it seemed he was making no progress. Maybe this game wasn't really his style. It was a shame, too, since he had been quite excited about starting -

"Just what... is this?" He suddenly felt something bizarre, a peculiar premonition of sorts. He looked around, bewildered - but everything in the small arcade store seemed... normal. Unable to quite explain why, he stood up and hurried outside. Everything was normal there, too - nothing in particular was off-place. Yet... he looked up in the sky.

Far away beyond the horizon, up in the sky, faded lines of red crossed his field of vision. They were so far away, so thin and small, that if he hadn't been specifically looking out for something, he would never have noticed them. He squinted his eyes, trying to discern them more clearly. Kiishiro could see the large tower that handled the city's communications network in that direction, so it had to be southwest - but how far, he had no idea.

Then he yelped, unconsciously jumping backwards. It was an instant, only a very short moment - but the sky was suddenly... not there. Instead, there was only a black void, a terrible black emptiness, and a creature crafted out of pure red and golden flame, its lean body shaped like an oriental dragon, floated through that gap, traversing beyond the boundaries of this world into the unknown.

Kiishiro blinked. There was nothing there - the crimson lines were fading away quickly, the sky was as usual, and there was certainly no sign of that big dragon he had caught a glimpse of. The people around him were staring at him, some glancing up to the direction he was looking at. Only just now beginning to notice the red lines, they pointed them out to each other, a hushed discussion brewing. Kiishiro shook his head, clearing his thoughts. There was no way something like that could have happened. That game was making his imagination too vivid. And yet he smiled softly, feeling unusually warm and calm.

Maybe he'd give it just one more try.

---

Reesha recoiled violently, staring at the Terminal's screen with a haunted expression. She turned around, only to see the three men that went by the names Gregory Dunkan, Draco Ross, and Cornelius Klein shake their heads in disappointment. She knew what this meant. Once again, she had failed in whatever they were trying to get her to do. Once again, she would have to be put through [i]that[/i]. She hated this with every ounce of her strength. They forced her into the world they called 'virtual reality' - only there was nothing imaginary about it. The monsters appeared and attacked her, and she felt every bit of the pain. Only she wasn't wounded or killed, and she was made to battle again, and again, until exhaustion overcame her completely.

"It has been months now, Klein, and she has shown no response." Dunkan said sternly, observing Reesha as if she was some sort of object which he no longer found interesting. "Are you sure you're on to something?"

"Lee told us what was up with this girl, and I believe him." Klein said, carefully looking through some sheets of paper he held. "If there is anything to be found, in those conditions I've constructed and proposed, it will be revealed."

"Very well." Dunkan nodded. "We'll try this again." Without being prompted, Reesha put the strange helmet on her head, and clenched her fists, preparing for another nauseating experience. She knew that if she disobeyed, she would have to suffer through much worse.

This place, the <Fairy Ring>, had originally seemed to her so exotic, so magical. It was a dream place unlike any other she had seen in the real world. But now she had come to fear and despise it. She had been hurt so, so many times here. Her opponent appeared. Reesha gasped as the enemy she was supposed to fight materialized from a cloud of thick black smoke. It was a tall man with rich, long brown hair, flowing straight over his shoulders. He was coated in a dark grey uniform, and a peculiar sharp-edged mask covered the upper part of his face, leaving only a sinister grin visible. A lot of the opponents pitted against her had peculiar or plain-out creepy designs, and this one was no exception. Her avatar, the alternate persona she had called Nightshade, glared at him with more confidence than Reesha felt. She prepared her Duel Disk, a white model adorned with seven gemstones of varying colors, watching as her opponent did the same with his own, pitch-black version. Turn order automatically went to her enemy first.

[center][i][b]Ghost Model Series 03[/b] - LP: 4000[/i]
[i][b]Nightshade[/b] - LP: 4000[/i][/center]

"My turn!" The so-called Ghost snarled, his grin deepening as he glanced at the cards in his hand between his mask's slits. "I summon Black Dragon's Hatchling in attack mode!" A red egg, cracked on top to reveal an emerging infant black dragon, appeared in front of him. "Next I release this monster to Special Summon Red-Eyes Black Dragon from my hand!" The small dragonic creature disappeared, and a much greater darkness filled the arena, as a terrible dragon descended from the sky. Its whole lean body was pure black, filled with sharp spikes. Its eyes glowed red, as if resonating with the eyes of its master, which had also acquired a scarlet tint visible even through the mask.

[spoiler=Black Dragon's Hatchling][b]Black Dragon's Hatchling[/b]
DARK / Dragon
Level 1
800/500
By sending this face-up card from the field to the Graveyard, Special Summon 1 "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" from your hand.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Red-Eyes Black Dragon][b]Red-Eyes Black Dragon[/b]
DARK / Dragon
Level 7
2400/2000
[i]A ferocious dragon with a deadly attack.[/i][/spoiler]

"I may not be able to attack on my first turn, but this card rectifies that." He went on mercilessly. "Black Flame Blast! By forfeiting my attack with that monster for this turn, I can deal damage to you equal to the attack of my Red-Eyes Black Dragon!" The behemoth opened its mouth, and a massive sphere of red-and-black fire burst forth from within. Reesha screamed - she really felt as if every fiber of her being was being scorched by that ferocious assault.

[spoiler=Black Flame Blast][b]Black Flame Blast[/b]
SPELL / Normal
Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the original ATK of 1 face-up "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" you control. "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" cannot attack the turn you activate this card.[/spoiler]

[center][i][b]Ghost Model Series 03[/b] - LP: 4000[/i]
[i][b]Nightshade[/b] - LP: 1600[/i][/center]

"I end my turn with that." Ghost said, satisfied.

"Then it's my turn! Draw!" Reesha declared. She had already lost more than half her Life Points, and she was getting desperate. It hardly mattered to her if she won or lost, but she had to do everything she could to avoid more pain. "I summon Gem Beast Sapphire Pegasus!"

This deck had been recently given to her by Cornelius Klein. Though she had played many other cards before, she sensed something unique about these. She hated the dueling that had caused her so much misery, but when she used these cards, she felt a small glimmer of hope. A magnificent white stallion with gold-feathered wings appeared before her, glowing with a light blue aura.

[spoiler=Gem Beast Sapphire Pegasus][b]Gem Beast Sapphire Pegasus[/b]
WIND / Beast
Level 4
1800/1200
When this card is Summoned, you can place 1 "Gem Beast" monster from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard, face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone; it is treated as a Continuous Spell Card. If this card is destroyed while it is in a Monster Card Zone, you can place it face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card instead of sending it to the Graveyard.[/spoiler]

"When Sapphire Pegasus is Summoned, I get to add another Gem Beast from my hand, Deck or Graveyard to the Spell and Trap card zone, as a Permanent Magic card." Reesha explained. This was a unique attribute of the Gem Beasts - they could be treated both as monsters on the field, and as magic cards, each form featuring different supporting effects. "I choose Gem Beast Cobalt Eagle!" A glowing dark brown crystal came into view behind Pegasus. "And then I equip Sapphire Pegasus with Gem Release, causing its power to increase by 800 points!"

[spoiler=Gem Beast Cobalt Eagle][b]Gem Beast Cobalt Eagle[/b]
WIND / Winged Beast
Level 4
1400/800
Once per turn, you can return 1 face-up "Gem Beast" card you control to the top of its owner's Deck. If this card is destroyed while it is in a Monster Card Zone, you can place it face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card, instead of sending it to the Graveyard.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Gem Release][b]Gem Release[/b]
SPELL / Equip
Equip only to a "Gem Beast" monster. It gains 800 ATK. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, you can place 1 "Gem Beast" monster from your Deck in your Spell & Trap Card Zone, face-up, as a Continuous Spell Card.[/spoiler]

"Battle. Gem Beast Sapphire Pegasus, attack Red-Eyes Black Dragon!" She called out, and the white horse jumped into the sky, piercing the great dragon with its horn. The beast shattered with a wail, and Ghost's Life Points fell marginally.

[center][i][b]Ghost Model Series 03[/b] - LP: 3800[/i]
[i][b]Nightshade[/b] - LP: 1600[/i][/center]

"I'll set two cards, turn end." Reesha said.

"My turn." Ghost snapped. His smirk had disappeared now. "I activate an Instant Spell card, Super Rejuvenation! During the End Phase, I can draw one card for every Dragon monster I discard from my hand. And I'll begin with another Instant Spell, Hand Obliteration. Both of us must discard all cards in our hand, and then draw new ones equal to that number." Ghost simply placed his cards in the Graveyard, replacing them. Reesha glanced at the cards in her hand - if they were sent directly from the hand to the Graveyard, the Gem Beasts would not be reborn as Spell cards. Regretfully, she dropped the two Gem Beasts she held, fetching out two new cards from her deck.

[spoiler=Super Rejuvenation][b]Super Rejuvenation[/b]
SPELL / Quick-Play
During the End Phase of the turn this card is activated, draw 1 card from your Deck for each Dragon-Type monster discarded from your hand and/or Tributed during this turn.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Hand Obliteration][b]Hand Obliteration[/b]
SPELL / Normal
Each player discards their hand and draws the same number of cards they discarded.[/spoiler]

"I activate Dragon's Mirror!" He called. "With this I can merge together monsters in the Graveyard, as long as the Fusion monster is a Dragon-Type monster! So I remove from play Red-Eyes Black Dragon and Meteor Dragon, to Fusion Summon Meteor Black Dragon!!"

[spoiler=Dragon's Mirror][b]Dragon's Mirror[/b]
SPELL / Normal
Remove from play, from your side of the field or your Graveyard, Fusion Material Monsters that are listed on a Dragon-Type Fusion Monster Card, and Special Summon that Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon.)[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Meteor Dragon][b]Meteor Dragon[/b]
EARTH / Dragon
Level 6
1800/2000
[i]This dragon appeared from the sky and crashed to the earth.[/i][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Meteor Black Dragon][b]Meteor Black Dragon[/b]
FIRE / Dragon / Fusion
Level 8
3500/2000
"Meteor Dragon" + "Red-Eyes Black Dragon"[/spoiler]

The two monsters vanished in a mirror, and then that mirror exploded in a burst of lava, heralding the appearance of a much larger creature, its purple skin boiling with magma flames.

"You may have overcharged your little horse, but it won't help you against this monster!" Ghost snarled. "Meteor Black Dragon, wipe out Sapphire Pegasus!"

"Upon attack declaration, I activate this!" Reesha screamed, to be heard above the sound of a flood of lava converging within the great dragon's mouth. "Last Resort! Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins is instantly activated from my deck!" Replacing the familiar surroundings of the Fairy Ring, the archaic pillars of a ruined city materialized around them, the ground transforming into the flooring of an ancient arena.

[spoiler=Last Resort][b]Last Resort[/b]
TRAP / Normal
Activate only when your opponent's monster declares an attack. You can select 1 "Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins" from your Deck and activate it. If your opponent had an active Field Spell Card when this card was activated, they can draw 1 card.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins][b]Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins[/b]
SPELL / Field
This card gets these effects, based on the number of "Gem Beast" cards in your Spell & Trap Card Zone. • 1+: This card cannot be destroyed by a card effect. • 2+: Once per turn, you can halve the Battle Damage you take. • 3+: You can send 1 "Gem Beast" monster you control to the Graveyard to negate the activation of a Spell or Trap Card and destroy it. • 4+: Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can draw 1 card. • 5+: Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can Special Summon 1 "Gem Beast" card from your Spell & Trap Card Zone.[/spoiler]

"Next, I also activate another Trap card!" Reesha continued. "Gem Prayer sends Cobalt Eagle from the Spell card zone to the Graveyard, in order to destroy one card you control - that is, Meteor Black Dragon!" The crystallized cobalt vanished, transforming into a force of energy that lashed out against the huge dragon.

[spoiler=Gem Prayer][b]Gem Prayer[/b]
TRAP / Normal
Send 1 "Gem Beast" card from your Spell & Trap Card Zone to the Graveyard. Destroy 1 card your opponent controls.[/spoiler]

"Too naive!" Ghost snarled. "I activate the Instant Magic, My Body as a Shield! Though it comes at a cost of 1500 Life points, it will completely protect my monster from destruction!" The counterassault disappeared, and Reesha was left with no way to protect herself. Unhindered, a huge ball of flame burst into existence, concealing everything within its black crimson light. The Gem Beast let out a desperate wail as it was annihilated, trying in vain to protect its owner from harm.

[center][i][b]Ghost Model Series 03[/b] - LP: 2300[/i]
[i][b]Nightshade[/b] - LP: 700[/i][/center]

"When Gem Release is sent to the Graveyard..." Reesha panted, trying to remain standing. "...I can bring out a Gem Beast from my deck, as a Spell card. Come, Gem Beast Ruby Carbuncle!" A bright red crystal appeared directly in front of her. "And when Sapphire Pegasus is destroyed, it is also crystallized in the Spell and Trap card zone!" A third crystal, this time pure blue, joined the red one.

[spoiler=Gem Beast Ruby Carbuncle][b]Gem Beast Ruby Carbuncle[/b]
LIGHT / Fairy
Level 3
300/300
When this card is Special Summoned, you can Special Summon as many "Gem Beast" cards as possible from your Spell & Trap Card Zone. If this card is destroyed while it is in a Monster Card Zone, you can place it face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card, instead of sending it to the Graveyard.[/spoiler]

"During my End Phase, Super Rejuvenation lets me draw twice." Ghost said with indifference. "Turn end."

"I draw!" Reesha said. "I activate Gem Blessing - this allows me to place two Gem Beast monsters as Spell cards on my field. So I choose the ones discarded by Hand Obliteration, Gem Beast Amethyst Cat, and Gem Beast Emerald Turtle!" Twin gems, pinkand green, joined the sapphire and ruby.

[spoiler=Gem Blessing][b]Gem Blessing[/b]
SPELL / Normal
Select up to 2 "Gem Beast" monsters in your Graveyard and place them in your Spell & Trap Card Zone, face-up, as Continuous Spell Cards.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Gem Beast Amethyst Cat][b]Gem Beast Amethyst Cat[/b]
EARTH / Beast
Level 3
1200/400
This card can attack your opponent directly. When it does so using this effect, any Battle Damage it inflicts to your opponent is halved. If this card is destroyed while it is in a Monster Card Zone, you can place it face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card, instead of sending it to the Graveyard.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Gem Beast Emerald Turtle][b]Gem Beast Emerald Turtle[/b]
WATER / Aqua
Level 3
600/2000
Once per turn, you can change 1 of your monsters that attacked this turn to Defense Position. If this card is destroyed while it is in a Monster Card Zone, you can place it face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card, instead of sending it to the Graveyard.[/spoiler]

"There are now four Gem Beasts crystallized on my field." Reesha said. "That means that, due to the effect of Ancient City, I can draw one card." She picked out the top card of her deck. She grinned in delight - finally, she'd be able to end this duel!

"I activate Gem Flood!" She exclaimed. "I have to send all four of my Gem Beasts that are placed in the Spell and Trap card zone to the Graveyard, but in return I can send all other cards on the field to the Grave!" Both the altered field subsided around them, and the malignent dragon vanished in a rainbow-colored spiral of light. "And then I get to Special Summon Gem Beasts from my Graveyard - specifically, as many as the cards that were sent from the opponent's field to the Graveyard! So I call back Gem Beast Sapphire Pegasus, and use its effect to place Ruby back to the Spell and Trap card zone from the Graveyard. And then I Normal Summon Gem Beast Topaz Tiger!" A proud white-and-black horned tiger roared ferociously, as she joined Pegasus in the attack.

[spoiler=Gem Flood][b]Gem Flood[/b]
SPELL / Normal
Send 4 "Gem Beast" cards from your Spell & Trap Card Zone to the Graveyard. Send all cards on the field to the Graveyard. Then, Special Summon as many "Gem Beast" monsters as possible from your Graveyard, up to the number of your opponent's cards that were sent to the Graveyard by this card's effect.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Gem Beast Topaz Tiger][b]Gem Beast Topaz Tiger[/b]
EARTH / Beast
Level 4
1600/1000
If this card attacks an opponent's monster, it gains 400 ATK during the Damage Step only. If this card is destroyed while it is in a Monster Card Zone, you can place it face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card, instead of sending it to the Graveyard.[/spoiler]

"Battle! Sapphire Pegasus, direct attack!" The white mythical creature rammed its horn into Ghost's chest, who, despite his Life Points taking a huge dive, smirked.

[center][i][b]Ghost Model Series 03[/b] - LP: 500[/i]
[i][b]Nightshade[/b] - LP: 700[/i][/center]

"You've just made a big mistake... it would have hurt much less to just stay put and accept your defeat." He said. "Now you leave me no other choice... when I take battle damage, if I control no cards, I can Special Summon Messenger of Hades - Gors from my hand. Reesha's eyes widened as a demonic warrior appeared, garbed in black and crimson. "Furthermore, since the descent of Gors was caused by battle damage, a token can be materialized on the field alongside him, whose attack and defense power are both equal to the damage taken."

[spoiler=Messenger of Hades - Gors][b]Messenger of Hades - Gors[/b]
DARK / Fiend
Level 7
2700/2500
When you take damage from a card your opponent controls while you control no cards, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. Then activate the appropriate effect, based on the type of damage:
• Battle Damage: Special Summon 1 "Messenger of Hades Token" (Fairy-Type/LIGHT/Level 7/ATK ?/DEF ?). Its ATK and DEF are each equal to the amount of battle damage you took.
• Effect Damage: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the damage you took.[/spoiler]

Reesha's lips trembled. She looked at the last card in her hand. Gem Contract could do nothing to help her now. "I... I attack the token with Topaz Tiger." She said, her voice trembling. "When she attacks, Topaz Tiger's attack power increases by 400 points." The beast leapt up to and slashed down the defensive monster. "I place one card face-down... turn end."

"Then my turn begins." Ghost said coldly. Just by looking at him, Reesha could tell he was not fooled at all by her bluff. It was over.

---

Abraham Lee walked into the dimly-lit room. To his surprise, he saw young Reesha still situated in the special connection booth. The testing was supposed to have finished more than half an hour ago. Then he noticed what his three colleagues were watching so intently, and gasped in shock.

"Stop this!" He cried out. "Why did you activate that program against her?! If she loses now, she - " But Dunkan stretched out his arm, silencing him.

"I need results, Lee." He said quietly. "Not theories. Results. If she can do something that can interfere with the Gap, we'll see it now. Otherwise..."

Lee lowered his head. When that little girl had singled him out and talked to him, he had felt she could be a great ally in their cause. But they had done nothing but abuse her. They treated her as little more than a lab rat. And if she died here - who else could be responsible, than the person who brought her to this place?

---

"Gors, attack Gem Beast Sapphire Pegasus." Ghost ordered coldly. In one swift motion, the demonic warrior jumped across the field, cutting down the crystal monster with its sword. Waves of crimson and black shot out from the impact, enveloping Reesha. She braced herself for the excruciating pain that would follow her Life Points dropping to zero.

[center][i][b]Ghost Model Series 03[/b] - LP: 500[/i]
[i][b]Nightshade[/b] - LP: 0[/i][/center]

But no pain came. A warm, white light wrapped around her, lighting up the world even behind her closed eyelids. She opened her eyes, just a little bit - and the majestic form of a blue dragon came into view. It was nothing like the behemoth she had seen floating up in the sky one year ago, when she had done the fateful mistake to approach that man from whom she sensed the same 'aura' that she had experienced during that vision, but, with butterfly-like wings spreading out on either side of it, and crystal-like amber eyes gazing directly at her, it was still one of the most beautiful things she had ever witnessed. And in her trance, she thought for an instant -

[i]I'm dying.[/i]

---

"Nothing. She's gone." Draco Ross dropped Reesha's palm, failing to measure even the slightest pulse. "I don't know what happened after that last attack, but it was all for nothing. She's dead now." Dunkan nodded, as if he had expected nothing less.

"Ross, go handle some compensation for her family. Klein, we need to talk about this system you've implemented. I want to know just what that light was at the end. If necessary, we'll shut it down - we can't allow any irregularities we cannot control. Lee... you take care of the body."

One by one, the three men left, leaving Lee alone with the corpse of the child he had thought of as the only person, perhaps, who could truly understand some part of him.

---

The world faded from her vision, blurring away into nothingness. It was a peculiar state where thoughts escaped her - the very memories she held in her mind seemed to float away into the emptiness. There was only silence, and warmth.

[i]Tick.[/i]

What was that noise? In that absolute quiet, it was irritating. Ree - what was her name again? - wanted it to stop.

[i]Tick. Tick. Tick.[/i]

Again, and again, that sound pierced her ears. She growled, stirred in frustration. The nameless existence was in a place where no sound was allowed.

Exasperated, she forced her eyes open. She did not want to, because she understood that if she opened her eyes, the warmth would go away. Indeed, it was cold. Very, very cold. She opened them fully. The world was not white. It was grey and black, and thick rain was shrouding the sky. The body of a nameless child, wrapped in several blankets, was left on the street, unmoving.

Voices erupted around her, unease, as people began to notice her. There was a big building with a red cross strapped above the entrance nearby. The girl with no name did not know what it was. But several people walked out from within, apparently notified by those outside, and plucked the body of the child from the street, placing her on a stretcher. The nameless person was glad. She did not know why, but she felt connected to that body. She closed her eyes once more, feeling at ease. The memories belonging to the girl named Reesha evaporated, so that she could start a life anew, a life without pain.

But that peaceful life would not last forever, and sooner or later, the call of the dragon would summon her to the battlefield of destiny once more.

[/spoiler]

Something you may want to amend (that sopmehow no-one else spotted)

[quote]Trust me, I'd believe just about anything..." Moboro murmured. "Wait until you hear our story..."[/quote]

Bando Takechi said that.

Eighteen was definately not overkill, 19 would have been overkill :lol: I know nothing of worms other than good old 'Needle', so I found the 18 great, as it shows his madness and desperation.

Lulz at Zone. "Draw... end turn..."

Will read the Extra chapter later, must say the placement between the last two capters of this arc seems odd.. but you must have reason.

After multiple requests, and also after realizing a problem with the next chapter, the 18 is changed to 11. I won't make a habit of retcons, at the very least not until I start rewriting, but yeah, this one probably needed fixing. Otherwise I'd need to explain why Moboro kept around 25 monsters in his deck.

Thanks for that, Bahamut. Fixed as well. Though obviously I don't like it when I make mistakes like that (it's because of the speed I'm writing at, once I get started I generally tend to write a lot and very fast), I love you guys for pointing them out to me. It will make the rewrite less tedious whenever it comes around.

And yeah, I do not like the placement of it. I wanted it to be between chapters 34 and 35. 35 revealed nothing that was relevant to that chapter, and I did not want to interrupt the duel. But as it was, I hadn't even started the extra chapter by the time the site came about, and I didn't want the story to be kept inactive for too long, so I went ahead with 35. Meh, I don't think it will be too much of a trouble in the end, and it certainly concerns stuff I wanted to get out there before the arc ends, but...

It's like Mirage Dragon was named just so it could be used to name that chapter...

EDIT: One thing you'll need to note. Since it wasn't noted what cards the Ghost discarded with Card Destruction, him drawing 2 cards in the End Phase was confusing, and I'd initially assumed you thought the monsters used for Meteor Black Dragon counted for Rejuvenation.

It was Meteor Dragon (obviously) and another Dragon monster, more specifically Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon. The original version had him performing an overkill in the end by reviving REDMD, but I realized it would be just redundant so I cut it out. Therefore, the use of Super Rejuvenation serves no actual purpose as Ghost did not need the extra card, though it did make the use of Card Destruction a little more realistic.

The arc ends with a bang, as we finally get our 36th chapter. Most of it is taken up by the conclusion of the duel, of course, but there is an interesting scene that sets the basis for yet another one of the next arc's plot threads. And with some cryptic words near the end, that also allude to a point which you might be able to guess, but will otherwise be revealed shortly after the next arc begins, we've wrapped up Crimson Crisis. An interlude will soon follow, this time complete with an appendix on the changes made to the Machine Emperors and the Time Machine Gods (the latter should be made apparent in this chapter). I hope you liked the pair of nods to a certain event that was unfortunately trolled out of us in 5Ds - I won't reveal more about that now, though. Anyway, stay tuned for the next arc, Crossroads of Chaos, coming soon to a yugioh forum near you!

[spoiler=Chapter 36]
[center][b][u]Chapter 36:[/b] Over Dead Line[/u][/center]

"Draw." ZONE stated. "I activate Hand Obliteration. With this, we are forced to discard all cards in our hands, and then draw a number of cards equal to what we discarded." The cards in front of the two duelists simply vanished, to be replaced by another set.

[spoiler=Hand Obliteration][b]Hand Obliteration[/b]
SPELL / Normal
Each player discards their hand and draws the same number of cards they discarded.[/spoiler]

"Due to this effect, the total number of Angel monsters in my Graveyard is now equal to four." ZONE continued. "This means that this monster can be Special Summoned from my hand. Come, Archangel Kristya."

Compared to the fiendish-looking Time Machine Gods, the scarlet-winged, silver-armored angel that descended from the sky above was breathtaking. Yuko found herself unable to take her eyes off the duel. Something had changed since that last turn. Both ZONE and Moboro had clearly stated that they were not going to hold back any longer.

[spoiler=Archangel Kristya][b]Archangel Kristya[/b]
LIGHT / Fairy
Level 8
2800/2300
If you have exactly 4 Fairy-Type monsters in your Graveyard, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. When you do, add 1 Fairy-Type monster from your Graveyard to your hand. Neither player can Special Summon monsters. If this face-up card would be sent from the field to the Graveyard, it returns to the top of the owner's Deck, instead.[/spoiler]

"Archlord Kristya's additional effect activates, letting me retrieve an Angel monster from my Graveyard." ZONE continued. "Then, battle ensues. Archangel Kristya attacks the reverse monster, and 300 Life Points are reclaimed via the effect of Savage Colosseum." The great angel dashed towards the concealed creature, slashing it with her sword. However, Moboro only smirked.

[i][b]ZONE[/b] - LP: 2500[/i][/center]

"My reverse monster is Worm Solid." He announced as a triangle-shaped entity, glowing a deep blue and revealing the same lipless mouth between three eyes spinning rapidly around themselves, effortlessly blocked Kristya's attack. "Though its original attack stands at an underwhelming 1600, it gains a hundred points for every one of my Worms that are currently in the Graveyard. Thanks no less to your Hand Obliteration, the total number reaches 14, which means Worm Solid has 3000 defense points!" Kristya's blade was repelled by the creature's iron skin, and ZONE took the recoil damage.

[spoiler=Worm Solid][b]Worm Solid[/b]
LIGHT / Reptile
Level 4
1000/1600
This card gains 100 DEF for each Reptile-Type "Worm" monster in your Graveyard. If your opponent takes Battle Damage by attacking this card, select and destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card your opponent controls at the end of the Damage Step.[/spoiler]

[i][b]ZONE[/b] - LP: 2300[/i][/center]

"Also, thanks to the effect of Worm Solid, when you take battle damage from this defending card, I get to destroy a Spell or Trap card on your side. And as much as I'd like to get rid of that Savage Colosseum of yours, I'll eliminate the threat of your reverse card." ZONE's trap shifted open, to reveal Pitfall of Hades before being shattered. Moboro's monstrous grin, almost hidden underneath the layers of black, oozing skin, widened further.

"I will place a defensive monster." ZONE said. "And then, one reverse card. Turn end."

"My turn." Moboro said. Even in her unsettled state, Yuko could see that, despite his confidence, was in a disadvantage. The effect of Archangel Kristya would prevent monsters from being Special Summoned. Not only that, but if she was sent to the Graveyard, it would return to the top of ZONE's deck - and ZONE probably had a way to bring her back instantly next turn. And as long as Kristya was there, the effect of Future Fusion that was supposed to summon Moboro's ace monster at the start of his next turn would not activate, making his defeat more than certain.

"I'm afraid that this card will deal with your little scheme. Earth Crush will destroy a face-up monster on your side of the field that has the highest defense points - and since Archangel Kristya is the only one there, it's obvious who will take the fall."

[spoiler=Earth Crush][b]Earth Crush[/b]
SPELL / Normal
Destroy the 1 face-up monster your opponent controls that has the highest DEF. (If it's a tie, you get to choose.)[/spoiler]

"However, Archangel Kristya was destroyed, and that means she will return to the top of my deck, allowing me to use her again next turn." ZONE observed. Rather than being obliterated, Kristya began ascending into a pillar of heavenly light, eventually disappearing in the bright luster.

"Maybe so, but look at my field." Moboro pointed out. "Do you realize I was relying on Prohibition Command to keep your Time Machine God at bay? I would not have only one copy of that card in my deck, and even if its original purpose was rendered moot, I can still make use of what you allowed me to draw via your own Hand Obliteration! I activate Prohibition Command, locking down Archangel Kristya!"

[spoiler=Prohibition Command][b]Prohibition Command[/b]
SPELL / Continuous
When you activate this card, declare 1 card name. Cards with that name and their effects cannot be used. Cards on the field before this card was activated are not affected (including face-down cards).[/spoiler]

"I will place a reverse monster." Moboro said, satisfied. Now the Archangel Kristya that would be drawn during ZONE's next turn would be useless. Yuko could see that Moboro felt no need to launch an attack against ZONE's concealed monster, even if there was a chance to increase the difference in Life Points. He intended to keep a steady defense until the time came when he could wrap things up in one fell swoop. "My turn is over."

"It is my turn." ZONE said. As always, the tone of his voice was completely neutral, and with no expression, not even a hint of motion to be detected from that mechanical contraption, there was no way to tell whether that move had agitated him or not. "I flip summon Honest, and activate its own effect to return it to my hand." The winged angelic warrior appeared briefly, before dematerializing back into the form of a card floating in front of ZONE. "And then, since I control no monsters, I Normal Summon the Level 10, Time Machine God Zafion, without a sacrifice."

[spoiler=Honest][b]Honest[/b]
LIGHT / Fairy
Level 4
1100/1900
During your Main Phase, you can return this card from the field to its owner's hand. During either player's Damage Step, when a face-up LIGHT monster you control battles, you can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard to have that monster gain ATK equal to the ATK of the opponent's monster it is battling, until the End Phase.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Time Machine God Zafion][b]Time Machine God Zafion[/b]
WATER / Fairy
Level 10
0/0
This card cannot be Special Summoned from the Deck. If you control no monsters, you can Normal Summon this card without Tributing. This card cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects. You take no Battle Damage from battles involving this face-up Attack Position card. If this card battles, return all Spell/Trap Cards your opponent controls to the Deck, after damage calculation. During your Standby Phase, return this face-up card to the Deck.[/spoiler]

This new monster was even more horrible than the previous ones, according to Yuko, as the face trapped within the azure-colored mechanical body was female. Its structure was similar to Metaion and Razion, except for the tentacle-like appendages in the form of hair, and the golden frame of the mirror-like central part. The imprisoned face smiled condescendingly as she observed the field.

"When Time Machine God Zafion battles, all Spell and Trap cards the opponent controls return to the deck, after the battle is concluded." ZONE explained. So, despite Kristya, ZONE even had an additional layer of planning prepared. There really was no hope for Moboro. But -

"I activate the Permanent Trap card, Sealing Wall of Light." He said smoothly. "By paying the minimum of 1000 Life Points, monsters with 1000 points of attack or less, including all your Time Machine Gods, cannot declare an attack."

[spoiler=Sealing Wall of Light][b]Sealing Wall of Light[/b]
TRAP / Continuous
When you activate this card, pay any multiple of 1000 Life Points. None of your opponent's monsters with an ATK equal to or less than the Life Points you paid can attack.[/spoiler]

[center][i][b]Nebula Emperor[/b] - LP: 2700[/i]

"Then, I will set two cards." ZONE said passively. Except for Kristya and Honest, those were the only cards in his hand. "Turn end."

"So you were unable to stop the descent of my ultimate creature, despite your best efforts." Moboro shook his head. "Of course you were. Do you realize why?" It seemed to be a question, but Moboro did not wait for a reply. His slitted eyes seemed to be rapturously staring at something beyond ZONE, beyond what normal people could see. "You call them Gods, but those creatures you wield are but ephemeral, mundane entities. The Worms are a hivemind, a collective force that sweeps through the universe, that devours entire worlds. Can you understand it? The concept of a conglomerate, a mass where individuality is lost, where there is no sensation, no emotion, no self? Consider it - what kind of massive intellect could be born from such a convergence? What phantasmal, greater truth would be unveiled under that unity? This is what I am aiming for. This is what I will become. I will be everything, I will devour everything, until I discover that truth."

He raised his hand, and a massive black sphere formed overhead. "Thus comes the creature that will devour you, and end this farce. Puny entities like you cannot stand in the way of this new existence, they cannot stop the end of the world, of all worlds. Descend, Worm Zero!!"

---

It could no longer be called a simple summon of a monster. However those Worms had been created, they were on the level of greater phantasms now, empowered and embodying Sarunoki Moboro's desire and insanity. Like a scourge, the dark vision crossed between worlds like a meteorite, fueled by the chaotic energies of the Nexus. The portal that had been opened churned and writhed, bursts of pure force exploding within. The very structure of the Arc Cradle shook to its invisible foundations, feeling the aftermath of countless ripples of chaos crossing through its Outer Sphere. Such a power was not enough to wipe a world out of existence, but it did not fall much afar. Thankfully, the Arc Cradle had several unique properties, and its generators guarded it from the inevitable lapses in the time-space continuum.

ZONE could 'understand' the concept of Moboro's belief. Though this was taking it too far, it was not unlike what ZONE himself had tried once, at a very different place and time. But he had failed. Individuality was the defining characteristic of sentient species. It could not simply be cast aside. Even though ZONE's purposes were benevolent, he had badly failed to unite people's hearts, unable to create a conceptual counterforce against the coming armageddon. Millions had paid the price for his failure. No, this unity of everything, aside from insane rambling, was a pure impossibility. The very materials that would be the foundations of such a union would reject and destroy it.

Regardless of wrong or right, though, the winner of this battle would only be decided by their conviction to their beliefs, and their capacity to follow them through. There was no exterior force that would miraculously help the righteous - if such a concept as righteousness could be conceived in this world of chaos. Even high-end conceptual phenomena, such as the descent of the Crimson Dragon, were only possibilities opened by faith, virtually miracles that were translated into this world's specifications.

The monster that appeared was not truly a creature. It could only be described as a planet, hovering over the field. Glowing silver, strange shapes could be seen carved across its otherwise smooth surface, ever-changing, like the shifting currents of a rapid stream.

"Worm Zero, the planet of the Worms that is also their breeding grounds and ultimate weapon." Moboro explained, his voice trembling with both pride and madness. "With this card on my field, all of your hopes have been extinguished." As if to underline its master's words, the moon pulsed with an unearthly light.

[spoiler=Worm Zero][b]Worm Zero[/b]
LIGHT / Reptile / Fusion
Level 10
?/0
2 or more Reptile-Type "Worm" monsters.
For each Fusion Material Monster with a different name used to Fusion Summon this card, it gains 500 ATK, and also gains these effects: • 2+: Once per turn, you can select 1 Reptile-Type monster in your Graveyard, and Special Summon it in face-down Defense Position. • 4+: You can remove from play 1 Reptile-Type monster from your Graveyard to send 1 monster on the field to the Graveyard. • 6+: Once per turn, you can draw 1 card.[/spoiler]

"For every one of the monsters used to Fusion Summon this card, Worm Zero gains five hundred points of attack, for a total of 5500." Moboro stated. "Furthermore, depending on that number, Worm Zero also gains a variety of effects. I'm activating the first of them now, Special Summoning a Reptile from my Graveyard in face-down defense mode."

Moboro carefully examined ZONE's field. "Between your three face-down cards, I would be foolish to attack head-on. I set one card, then flip summon my reverse Metamorpot, which sends all of our cards in the hand to the Graveyard, in exchange for each of us drawing five cards from our decks afterward. But, I have no cards to discard anyway." ZONE abandoned Kristya and Honest, replacing them with a fresh set of cards.

[spoiler=Metamorpot][b]Metamorpot[/b]
EARTH / Rock
Level 2
700/600
FLIP: Both players discard their hands, then draw 5 cards.[/spoiler]

"Now I will release both Metamorpot and my face-down, Worm Ugly, to advance summon Worm Queen!" The two monsters disappeared in pillars of light, and a giant arachnid creature, but with a humanoid torso and head, like some form of centaur, only with the body of a spider instead of a horse, was formed in their place. "And when Worm Ugly is released for the summon of one of my Worms, I can Special Summon it to your side of the field, in attack mode!" A blob of the same liquid that most Worms seemed to be oozing from some part of their bodies appeared next to the Time Machine God.

[spoiler=Worm Ugly][b]Worm Ugly[/b]
LIGHT / Reptile
Level 1
100/100
If you use this card to Tribute Summon a Reptile-Type "Worm" monster, you can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard to your opponent's side of the field in face-up attack position.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Worm Queen][b]Worm Queen[/b]
LIGHT / Reptile
Level 8
2700/1100
You can Tribute Summon this card in face-up Attack Position by Tributing 1 Reptile-Type "Worm" monster. Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 Reptile-Type "Worm" monster to Special Summon 1 Reptile-Type "Worm" monster from your Deck with a Level less than or equal to the Tributed monster.[/spoiler]

"Now is the perfect time to activate Worm Zero's second effect, which allows me to draw one card, if the number of its Fusion Material Monsters exceeds six. And also, Its third effect allows me to remove from play a Worm in my Graveyard, in order to send one monster on the field to the Graveyard. And since it will not destroy the targeted monster, your Time Machine God's effect can't resist it." Moboro cackled loudly. "My creature is superior to your so-called Gods!" He gloated.

"Is it now?" Moboro's eyes snapped back to the field, but it was too late.

"I activate the Trap card, Sub-Space Matter Transfer Device. This removes from play Time Machine God Zafion, until the End Phase." ZONE explained. Zafion dissolved into particles of light, absorbed into a hole which led to an alternate dimension.

[spoiler=Sub-Space Matter Transfer Device][b]Sub-Space Matter Transfer Device[/b]
TRAP / Normal
Select 1 face-up monster you control and remove it from play until the End Phase of this turn.[/spoiler]

"So what?" Moboro snapped. "Even if you do that, my monsters are still more than enough to obliterate you this turn!"

"I also activate another Trap card." ZONE continued. "Zero Force, when a monster I control is removed from play, reduces the attack of all other monsters on the field to zero. That includes, of course, Worm Queen, as well as your vaunted Worm Zero."

[spoiler=Zero Force][b]Zero Force[/b]
TRAP / Normal
Activate only when a face-up monster you control is removed from play. The ATK of all face-up monsters on the field becomes 0.[/spoiler]

"H - how dare you - !!" Moboro snarled, as he watched his best monster's attack steadily drop, until it was reduced to nothing. "You - you will pay for that! I play Cyclone, destroying Savage Colosseum. Now my monsters won't be destroyed when they don't attack. I set one reverse card. Even if you've pulled through for this turn, I can still use the monsters in my Graveyard to destroy you!"

[spoiler=Cyclone][b]Cyclone[/b]
SPELL / Quick-Play
Select 1 Spell or Trap Card on the field. Destroy it.[/spoiler]

"During the End Phase, Time Machine God Zafion returns to the field." ZONE said. "And during my Standby Phase, by its own effect, it returns to my deck. And, also during my Standby Phase, I will activate Coercion of the Tyrant by releasing Worm Ugly, which renders all of my monsters immune to Trap cards while it remains on the field."

[spoiler=Coercion of the Tyrant][b]Coercion of the Tyrant[/b]
TRAP / Continuous
Tribute 1 monster to activate this card. All face-up monsters on the field that you own are unaffected by other Trap Cards.[/spoiler]

"What?!" Moboro demanded angrily.

"Due to the effect of Metamorpot, this monster has been returned to my hand, and now that I control no other monsters, it can be Summoned without a tribute. Come, Time Machine God Metaion." The first of the Time Machine Gods reappeared on the field. "Also, Golden Chest of Sealing will remove from play Time Machine God Razion in my deck for two turns - then, it will be returned to my hand." A gold sarcophagus appeared next to ZONE, opening just enough to hide the image of a glowing golden card within.

[spoiler=Golden Chest of Sealing][b]Golden Chest of Sealing[/b]
SPELL / Normal
Select and remove from play 1 card in your Deck. During your second Standby Phase after this card's activation, add the removed card to your hand.[/spoiler]

"Without the use of your Trap cards, I doubt you can stop this." ZONE said. "Time Machine God Metaion, attack Worm Zero." His opponent watched helplessly as the god of time unleashed a solid ball of flame at the floating moon. No damage was caused, but the sphere of fire enveloped the entire field, causing all monsters present to disappear back to Moboro's hand. And though Moboro would take no damage from Worm Zero, which was returned to the deck instead, as Worm Solid and Worm Queen were brought back to his hand, he suffered the additional effect of Metaion, finally reversing the Life Point advantage.

[center][i][b]Nebula Emperor[/b] - LP: 2100[/i]

"I will place three face-down cards. Turn end."

For several long moments, it seemed as if the concept of defeat had caught up with Moboro. He stood still, observing his now empty field. Then -

"Draw." The voice was burning acid, and freezing ice. To cope with the situation, all thoughts, all emotion had been purged, leaving only cold, hard intellect. "First, I Normal Summon Worm Solid, and activate Offering to the Poison Goddess, to destroy both Worm Solid, a Reptile monster, and two monsters you control. I will target Coercion of the Tyrant, and one of your reverse cards." ZONE frowned as Holy Barrier - Mirror Force was obliterated, as well as the card protecting Metaion.

[spoiler=Offering to the Poison Goddess][b]Offering to the Poison Goddess[/b]
TRAP / Normal
Destroy 1 Reptile-Type monster you control and 2 cards your opponent controls.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Holy Barrier - Mirror Force][b]Holy Barrier - Mirror Force[/b]
TRAP / Normal
Activate only when an opponent's monster declares an attack. Destroy all Attack Position monsters your opponent controls.[/spoiler]

"Continuing, I will activate this as well." Moboro went on. "Now that he isn't shielded by your Trap card, Compulsory Evacuation Device promptly returns Metaion to your hand." ZONE's only monster vanished, leaving his field all but empty.

[spoiler=Compulsory Evacuation Device][b]Compulsory Evacuation Device[/b]
TRAP / Normal
Return 1 monster on the field to its owner's hand.[/spoiler]

"Then I activate Worm Call, and use its effect to Special Summon a Worm in my hand in face-down position, followed by Book of the Sun, which flips the set Worm face up. Return, Worm Queen." The dreaded queen of the worms reappeared on the field.

[spoiler=Worm Call][b]Worm Call[/b]
SPELL / Continuous
Once per turn, if your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters, you can Special Summon 1 Reptile-Type "Worm" monster from your hand in face-down Defense Position.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Book of the Sun][b]Book of the Sun[/b]
SPELL / Normal
Flip 1 face-down monster on the field into face-up Attack Position.[/spoiler]

ZONE saw Moboro's eyes lock into the vizor that was shielding his face. Those eyes had once been the eyes of a human, eyes brimming with ambition, with confidence, with arrogance. To chase down that ambition, that foolish pride, they had become the eyes of a monster. Perhaps moreso than the ones who had designed it, ZONE could see through the so-called <God Mode>. Overloading a virtual entity with enough information to simulate the ultimate extreme of artificial intellect, then assimilating it via conceptual equalization into the human brain. But, exactly like a machine, it would function only within a given set of parameters. No matter how wide that scope might be, once those conditions start fluctuating, the structure's basis will slowly begin to collapse. A good machine will then try to compensate for the alternating circumstances by redirecting secondary functions to correcting the irregularity. This is why, at this point, almost nothing of the human called Sarunoki Moboro was left in the eyes of the killing machine that was about to order the finishing blow. Probably, even if he managed to win the duel and revert from <God Mode>, the damage to the mind would be irreparable.

It was time to wrap this miserable state of events up.

---

The place Maya was in was called <Lorelei's Prairie>. If one chose as your destination a random Field in the Duel Terminal system, the place they'd end up was not entirely based on chance. The D-Tacher was capable of analyzing unconscious brain signals and formulate charts which would pick up on the field that would most match the user's desires, mingled in with several other pseudo-random parameters. This was done to ultimately enhance user experience. However, that system had a threshold, and if indeed, one had enough control over his subconscious thoughts to surpass the system's ability to match them with a suitable destination, as a bonus stage, they'd be taken here.

Of course, Maya had neither the patience nor the willingness to try out that method. But, as a person who had entered the virtual world countless times, she had ended up here once in the past, and via some obscure, less-than-legit methods, was able to retrace her virtual steps back here.

It was a hauntingly beautiful place. She stood atop a hill, endless expanses of greenery stretching around her. The hilltop was shrouded in a light fog, not thick enough to obscure visibility, but certainly adding an otherworldly sensation to the scene. She could not move - even if it was not a Duel Field, the motion lock system was still in place inside this place. However, as she turned her head around - somehow, her field of vision encompassed much more than it should - she was able to take in all the surrounding landscape. Forests and lakes, small villages and medieval townlets, snow-covered mountains in the distance, and a vast blue sea, glistering golden under the brilliant sunlight, covering the horizon. If it was meant to be a nod at how this place was meant to be a convergence of all the impossibly varied Duel Fields this virtual world contained, they had done a great job at it. But now was not the time for admiration.

"It's rare that I get to greet the same person twice, Stiyel Crystal." A pleasant, female voice resounded through the silence of the prairie. "Ah, but it is not chance that brought you here today. What do you seek?" The first time, Maya had been spooked, but now she calmly turned around to confront the woman in the blue satin gown, sitting a few feet behind her on a large chunk of rock. She wore her rich golden hair in a thick braid, and was smiling generously towards the intruder of this private sanctum. The only truly unusual feature was the white blindfold that covered her eyes. Her name was Lorelei, and she was the sole inhabitant of this place, barring the occasional visitor.

"First, I want this question answered." Maya took a deep breath. "What are you, exactly?" She nodded at a question that might have sounded extremely rude to the ears of a normal person.

"You must have already guessed it, judging by your tone. I am fate. Or rather, I incorporate the concept of fate. All worlds are headed through a labyrinth of intertwining passages, constantly shifting their path depending on the choices we make. For this world, I was born as the collective sense of those paths, the crossroads of everything. I am powerless to change the course of our world, as it is guided by the choices of others. But I could still point you to a possible direction, if that is what you desire." She paused to see if Maya understood.

"So you are saying you can discern the flow of events, but cannot influence it. I've heard crazier things." She responded darkly. "What do you know about the current events?"

Lorelei shook her head sadly. "There are those who try to break the boundaries of this world, those who try to circumvent the paths provided by fate. Violating time and space, breaching into other worlds, or diving back into the past or forth into the future, can have disastrous consequences, far beyond what my limited vision can see. If you've come looking for advice concerning that, then you've come to the wrong place."

"Then I'll ask something else." Maya snapped. "What is on my mind right now? What must I do, to find my path?" Lorelei turned and regarded her seriously, the intensity of her examination tangible even underneath her blindfold.

"Dozens of paths sprout out from even the tiniest of your choices." She said finally. "I cannot tell you what will happen if you do this or that. But if you are lost, there is one thing I can give you. You are already in possession of the <Soul-Binding Pendant>, which is the key to your future, and <Miracle Gazer>, which is the key of your past. And since you have the final of the three cards that safeguard these relics, I can reveal the final one to you. <Saintess Mirror> will unlock the present for you." A small, ornate silver mirror, glowing with a faint blue light, appeared in Maya's hands.

"The strings of fate spin around you, Stiyel Crystal, but you cannot guide them." Lorelei explained as Maya examined the artifacts. "You need to confront your past, your present, and your future. At the end of that struggle, you will, perhaps, find some of the answers you seek." Three portals, a blue, a silver, and a black, matching the color schemes of the mirror, the contacts, and the necklace respectively, appeared around them, and at the same time, the three cards that had represented those items in the real world took shape in Maya's hands. Slowly, the colors faded away, leaving the cards entirely blank.

"Add these cards to your deck." Lorelei instructed. "They are powerful weapons, and will heed your call when you need them - but you must use them with care, because in their great power lies great darkness." Maya followed the advice quietly. "Now, then. The first challenge that must be conquered lies in your present." Wordlessly, Maya stepped into the blue portal.

---

"Worm Queen, direct attack." Moboro commanded. Yuko shivered at the lack of... humanity in that voice. She turned her attention to ZONE.

"Trap, activate." ZONE said quietly. "Scrap-Iron Scarecrow negates one monster's attack each turn, then resets itself on the field." A small iron figure dressed in rags appeared before Worm Queen, blocking her charge.

[spoiler=Scrap-Iron Scarecrow][b]Scrap-Iron Scarecrow[/b]
TRAP / Normal
Activate only when an opponent's monster declares an attack. Negate the attack, and Set this card face-down again instead of sending it to the Graveyard.[/spoiler]

"Is this all you can do?" Moboro asked. There was no anger, or frustration, or even mockery in that voice. It was devoid of all emotion. It was merely another gear of the machine, spinning, running. "Hide yourself behind worthless cards?"

"I doubt that my words will reach you now." Yuko had been struggling so much to catch some form of human feeling in Moboro's voice, that for a second she thought that ZONE's was actually tinted with suppressed anger. "But, you should know better. Each card is a miracle that we ourselves carve from our souls. Our cards are the extension of ourselves, and as long as we do not lose faith in them - as long as we do not lose faith in ourselves - they will guide us to victory."

"This is exactly what I am talking about." Moboro retorted coldly. "The cards are tools. Just like we are tools. Us humans are nothing more than a fragment of the world. I will unite those fragments, gather up all the pieces. In that unity, the beginning and the end of everything will all be within our grasp. That is the resolve that I and these cards stand for. I set one card face-down. Turn end."

"Draw." ZONE said. "There is one more turn before Time Machine God Razion returns to my hand. I place one card face-down. Turn end."

"Is that all? How pointless." Moboro continued. "Watch, the ultimate union that will cripple all that which resists it! I remove from play Worm Queen on the field, as well as all thirteen Worm monsters in my Graveyard! This allows me to Special Summon the embodiment of wrath, Wicked Dragon Ananta!" A mass of darkness was evoked above Moboro's head, and fourteen shades leapt into that hole, merging with the ever-growing void. Fourteen heads sprouted from within, twisted, frightening serpentine heads, attached to one single snake body, massive enough to fill the room by itself.

[spoiler=Wicked Dragon Ananta][b]Wicked Dragon Ananta[/b]
DARK / Reptile
Level 8
?/?
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by removing from play all Reptile-Type monsters from your side of the field and Graveyard. This card's ATK and DEF are each equal to the number of Reptile-Type monsters you removed x 600. During each of your End Phases, destroy 1 card on the field.[/spoiler]

"Wicked Dragon Ananta's effect increases its own attack and defense power to match the number of monsters removed from play, six hundred times. That reaches a total of 8400." Yuko let out a small yelp as the massive serpent's power rose to unfathomable heights. "And if you think that Scrap-Iron Scarecrow will protect you, do not be deluded. By paying half my Life Points, I activate Return from the Different Dimension, Special Summoning any of my removed from play monsters immediately. Return to the field, Worm Queen, Worm King, Worm Prince, Worm Illidan!" The two massive Worm monsters that had been summoned before, along with another towering, four-armed centaur-like behemoth, skin carved out of pure gold, and a monster of dark blue flesh riddled with large spikes, materialized on the field, leaping out of various holes in the space-time continuum.

[spoiler=Return from the Different Dimension][b]Return from the Different Dimension[/b]
TRAP / Normal
Pay half your Life Points. Special Summon as many of your removed from play monsters as possible. During the End Phase, remove from play all monsters that were Special Summoned by this effect.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Worm Illidan][b]Worm Illidan[/b]
LIGHT / Reptile
Level 5
2000/1800
Each time a card is Set on your side of the field, place 1 Worm Counter on this card. You can remove 2 Worm Counters from this card to destroy 1 card your opponent controls.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Worm King][b]Worm King[/b]
LIGHT / Reptile
Level 8
2700/1100
This card can be Tribute Summoned in face-up Attack Position by Tributing 1 Reptile-Type "Worm" monster. You can Tribute 1 Reptile-Type "Worm" monster to select 1 card your opponent controls, and destroy it.[/spoiler]

[center][i][b]Nebula Emperor[/b] - LP: 1050[/i]

"Worm King's effect activates." Moboro said harshly. "I tribute Worm Illidan, to destroy one of your face-down cards."

"In response, then, I activate this." ZONE retaliated. "Wrath of God, at the cost of a single card in my hand, negates your monster's effect and destroys it." Moboro growled in anger as both of his monsters disappeared.

[spoiler=Wrath of God][b]Wrath of God[/b]
TRAP / Counter
Discard 1 card. Negate the activation of an Effect Monster's effect and destroy that Effect Monster.[/spoiler]

"These efforts are all futile! Worm Queen, attacks directly!"

"Trap, activate." ZONE countered. "Dimensional Imprisonment will permanently lock away your monster." The matriarch of the alien species charged towards ZONE, but a black hole appeared before her, warping her to another world despite her desperate resistance. Moboro howled.

[spoiler=Dimensional Imprisonment][b]Dimensional Imprisonment[/b]
TRAP / Normal
Activate only when your opponent declares an attack. Remove from play the attacking monster.[/spoiler]

"Wicked Dragon Ananta, attack!" Yuko could sense his fear, feel his despair, his pulsing rage, as Scrap-Iron Scarecrow once more opened to block the fourteen dragonheads from attacking.

"Worm Prince!!" He called out. The final monster's attack was met with no struggle. ZONE's Life Points took a massive dive, now hanging by a single thread from defeat.

[center][i][b]Nebula Emperor[/b] - LP: 1050[/i]
[i][b]ZONE[/b] - LP: 100[/i][/center]

But Yuko could see it already - that thread had already decided the match.

"During the End Phase, Worm Prince disappears, but Ananta's effect destroys a card on the field." Moboro sounded... oddly dejected now. Lifeless. "Target, Scrap-Iron Scarecrow." The card that had shielded ZONE from certain demise was blown away to shreds. "Turn end."

"It is my turn." ZONE carefully regarded his cards. "Time Machine God Razion returns to my hand now."

Moboro did not respond - he simply stared lifelessly at ZONE. Theoretically, the match was yet to be decided. Wall of Revealing Light would block all of ZONE's Time Machine Gods from attacking, and at least two of ZONE's cards were Metaion and Razion. It should still be on, but... whatever Moboro had done, it had caught up with him in that last turn. Though she found it hard to look into that monster's eyes, Yuko could see the lifelessness in them. All that was left was to deal the finishing blow.

"Instant Magic, Cyclone. Wall of Revealing Light is destroyed." Seamlessly, one of the four revealed cards on ZONE's field vanished from sight.

"Due to its own effect, I Normal Summon Time Machine God Metaion without a sacrifice, and attack Wicked Dragon Ananta." There was no struggle. Metaion fired a bolt of flame at the hydra, and the card materialized in front of the corpse that had been Sarunoki Moboro, cutting down his Life Points.

[center][i][b]Nebula Emperor[/b] - LP: 750[/i]

"During the second Main Phase, I activate the Permanent Trap card, Zero Machine Ein." ZONE went on. A strange golden circle appeared floating next to him, glowing with the light of dawn. Yuko was entranced by that glorious light. Even Moboro's eyes shifted to it, as if one of the broken machine's final, forgotten functions had picked up something in that light. "This Trap card allows me to, once per turn, Special Summon one Time Machine God from my hand." Time Machine God Razion emerged from that ring, the dreadful face buried in its chest at severe odds with the warm brightness that surrounded it.

[spoiler=Zero Machine Ein][b]Zero Machine Ein[/b]
TRAP / Continuous
Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 "Time Machine God" monster with 0 ATK from your hand.[/spoiler]

"The Time Machine Gods were once the last ultimate chance of mankind against a lethal enemy." ZONE said, and Yuko understood it was more for her own interest, as there was only a minor likelihood Moboro could still understand these words. "We built machines and imprisoned the souls of angels within, harnessing their power to combat the devastation we ourselves had unleashed. The divine creatures faithfully aided us in our struggle, but it was all in vain. Like myself, they are now only relics of the distant past, of another world. For their sacrifice, I will have them see this reality through this final battle. Turn end." ZONE sighed. Moboro did not move. A card slowly began materializing in front of him.

"Time Machine God Razion's effect." ZONE said slowly. "When the opponent draws a card, a thousand points of direct damage is dealt to them." The sealed angel raised its mechanical arm, shooting forth a sphere of flame. The fire burst into a massive pillar that completely enveloped Sarunoki Moboro's monstrous figure. When the flames subsided, only ashes were left.

[center][i][b]Nebula Emperor[/b] - LP: 0[/i]

By the time his life was extinguished, Moboro could probably not even acknowledge that he was dying.

---

The fates of people are bound together by their memories, their dreams, their hopes. With a fierce battle raging around them, Kiishiro, Yenma and Christina can only pray to discover those threads of destiny that connect them through their crimson marks. Maya sets out to seek her own answers, while Yuusuke jumps once more into the fray. The world is falling into darkness, as the Outer Sphere collapses, and chaos erupts across the planet - but the true battlefield will be in the virtual system, where imagination is stronger than reality. The Nexus draws near, and primordial forces stir. The enemies are many and secretive, and the allies precious few.

On a field of war where the one with the greatest resolve will prevail, the fate of the world, of many worlds, is gambled. But what is not known yet, is that even victory can come at the price of an even greater darkness.
[/spoiler]

In the end, it didn't change anything in particular. Even if it was 18, the outcome would have been exactly the same, just reduce the wtf factor at how many monsters Moboro might have kept in his deck (since a lot of them had already been played, and a few more were going to be used).

What was so complicated about what happened with Maya?

A nitpick, maybe, but something I noticed:
I saw that Moboro could have won much earlier, if the effect of Zero Force is as I understand it.

-Zero Force is activated, all monsters on the field become 0 ATK.
-Activate Worm Queen, Tributing itself/Zero/the set monster/whatever to get Worm Victory.
-Victory is unaffected by Force, as it wasn't on the field when activated.
-Victory has enough ATK to win, and ZONE as far as I can tell, had nothing else to defend himself.

[quote name='~ Epic Hero - Saber ~' timestamp='1302284626' post='5122941']
In the end, it didn't change anything in particular. Even if it was 18, the outcome would have been exactly the same, just reduce the wtf factor at how many monsters Moboro might have kept in his deck (since a lot of them had already been played, and a few more were going to be used).

What was so complicated about what happened with Maya?
[/quote]

Yeah I know.

Just the 'who the hell is this new girl?' factor and these three items that seem to have turned into duel cards which I can't seem to identify.

Also, Saber gets a new person comment with every chapter release at the minute. Why can't I? :(

[quote name='Bahamut ZERO' timestamp='1302287352' post='5123025']Yeah I know.

Just the 'who the hell is this new girl?' factor and these three items that seem to have turned into duel cards which I can't seem to identify.

Also, Saber gets a new person comment with every chapter release at the minute. Why can't I? :([/quote]

You should think about her in the terms of Ebony and Ivory. She is like them, a concept that took form in the virtual world. The cards that Maya had been given represented three items in the virtual world. Two of them had already been 'turned' into these items, and Lorelei did it for the third one. The reason why the third one, and the first Maya had, was not 'automatically' an item relate to who gave it to her as opposed to the other two, and will be explained later. Those three items serve key purposes in the challenges Lorelei set ahead of Maya, which will also be revealed later. And the cards had an additional function, which is related to actually using them as cards, and will also... be explained later.

So yeah, Read And Find Out.

[quote name='A Veritable Truth' timestamp='1302286645' post='5123002']A nitpick, maybe, but something I noticed:
I saw that Moboro could have won much earlier, if the effect of Zero Force is as I understand it.

-Zero Force is activated, all monsters on the field become 0 ATK.
-Activate Worm Queen, Tributing itself/Zero/the set monster/whatever to get Worm Victory.
-Victory is unaffected by Force, as it wasn't on the field when activated.
-Victory has enough ATK to win, and ZONE as far as I can tell, had nothing else to defend himself.[/quote]

Well, let's just chalk it up to 'he had dropped everything he could use with Future Fusion'. There was a specific reason Zero Force was used, but that point was kinda defeated near the ending, so I might grab this chance to redo that part when I get to it. Thanks for noting - I'm not too familiar with Worms, and the duel was rather chaotic, so it's no surprise if I overlooked a few things.

I feel like I don't have to tell you the everything is excellent anymore - you get that by now, right?

The duel was very chaotic, and also I didn't really like ZONE's deck...it felt kind of all over the place. For example, why would Temporal Machine Gods run Scrap-Iron? They don't really need defensive Traps, since they themselves serve as a practically invincible wall. Zero Force...actually, you can get away with that, as long as you make it apparent that ZONE runs multiple copies of Transporter.

This is stuff for the re-write: Consider some of these (anime) cards for ZONE's deck...
Charm of Lamentation
Temporal Machine Angel
Temporal Machine Priestess (with some different effect)
Dimension Switch <--- Protects a TMG, fuels Zero Force
Stay Force (if you're willing to modify its effect slightly)

It's all in your hands, of course.

[quote name='Dr. Cakey' timestamp='1302292434' post='5123212']I feel like I don't have to tell you the everything is excellent anymore - you get that by now, right?

The duel was very chaotic, and also I didn't really like ZONE's deck...it felt kind of all over the place. For example, why would Temporal Machine Gods run Scrap-Iron? They don't really need defensive Traps, since they themselves serve as a practically invincible wall. Zero Force...actually, you can get away with that, as long as you make it apparent that ZONE runs multiple copies of Transporter.[/quote]

I like symbolism =/. Zero Force and Scrap-Iron Scarecrow were there as easter eggs, mostly. And 'all over the place' pretty much describes an anime character's deck... especially a certain anime character's deck. Especially a certain anime character's deck whose name starts with 'Yu' and ends with 'Sei'. I sort of wanted to emulate that randomness, more for the readers' interest than the story's, of course. I intended ZONE's deck to be a little wtf, though he'll probably wrap it up into a more solid TMG deck in the future.

[quote name='Dr. Cakey' timestamp='1302292434' post='5123212']This is stuff for the re-write: Consider some of these (anime) cards for ZONE's deck...
Charm of Lamentation
Temporal Machine Angel
Temporal Machine Priestess (with some different effect)
Dimension Switch <--- Protects a TMG, fuels Zero Force
Stay Force (if you're willing to modify its effect slightly)

It's all in your hands, of course.[/quote]

I decided against introducing monster support for the TMG, so no Angel or Priestess. In fact, the support will be limited to the three Trap cards, which will have slightly modified effects as you saw. As I said, I didn't quite focus on the Time Machine Gods themselves in this duel, rather showing alternate strategies and stuff ZONE could pull off. I doubt ZONE's actually going to use Zero Force in his next duel - it was more of a one-time thing.

[quote name='~ Epic Hero - Saber ~' timestamp='1302295441' post='5123292']
And 'all over the place' pretty much describes an anime character's deck... especially a certain anime character's deck. Especially a certain anime character's deck whose name starts with 'Yu' and ends with 'Sei'.[/quote]

Saber does not love Yusei. :D

Come on, he was using rubbish cards he found in the satellite and patched together to make do, thats why random works.

In fact, I find it odd that someone like Crow 'obtained' 30 cards of the same archtype... although he probably 'obtained' his deck as one whole.

C'mon Yusei is awesome... say it!

Woot, Saiba! Good to see you liked this, I figured it wouldn't be your style, but I'm glad you enjoyed it. Hopefully you'll like the rest as well.

@ Bahamut: Crow actually did get his Black Feather deck from a single person, who was using the deck as well as Blackfeather Dragon before Crow. It's revealed sometime in 5Ds. And no, Yusei is not awesome. He was awesome back in season 1, and I assume you haven't gotten much farther than the ending of the Dark Signer arc, because then you'd know that in [s]almost[/s] every duel Yusei literally produces cards out of nowhere to fit any given situation. I actually think his D-Wheel was modified to include an emergency card printer.

Anyway, this is the third Interlude in the series. I will say in advance that this will be the last Interlude in this format - now you should know all you need to know about the important characters, and no more major ones will be introduced, so this will suffice. At the end complete decklists will be posted so that will be covered as well. Instead, after this arc ends, I will have some other nice surprise for you. But we have a ways to go before that. Also, the appendix thing didn't work as well as I had thought, mainly because in the end I thought it wasn't important and just turned it into a small infodump, but it's still there. Because this was so damn large and it was a pain to type out, some errors might have gotten through here and there - please note them to me if you happen to find them.

[spoiler=Interlude]
[center][b][u]Interlude:[/b] Future Visions[/u][/center]

[u][b]Duelists[/b][/u]:

[spoiler=Sanjou Kiishiro]

[b][u]Name[/u][/b]: Sanjou Kiishiro
[b][u]Age[/u][/b]: 18
[b][u]Gender[/u][/b]: Male
[b][u]Ethnicity[/u][/b]: Japanese
[b][u]Occupation[/u][/b]: Student

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 1.68m
[b][u]Weight[/u][/b]: 71kg
[b][u]Figure[/u][/b]: Regular
[b][u]Hair Color[/u][/b]: Black
[b][u]Hair Style[/u][/b]: Short-cropped
[b][u]Eye Color[/u][/b]: Brown

[spoiler=Terminal Avatar]

[b][u]Avatar Name[/u][/b]: Thunderbolt Knight
[b][u]Duelist Rank[/u][/b]: 34 [series start] || ?? [current]

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 1.85
[b][u]Figure[/u][/b]: Athletic
[b][u]Hair Style[/u][/b]: Short, spiky
[b][u]Eye Color[/u][/b]: Green

[b][u]D-Wheel[/u][/b]:
> Glass Stream
[b][u]Outfits[/u][/b]:
> White Knight Regalia [regular]
> Sin Armor [riding]
[b][u]Equipment[/u][/b]:
> Dreamstone Key

[b][u]Decks[/u][/b]:

> Plant / Black Rose Dragon deck [regular]

[spoiler=Decklist]
[u]Monster Cards:[/u]
> Petit Tomabo [x3]
> Tomabo [x2]
> Dandylion
> Grow-Up Bulb
> Killer Tomato [x3]
> Camellia Princess Tytannial
> Lonefire Blossom
> Gigaplant
> Spore
> Botanity Girl
> Debris Dragon
> Rose Fairy
> Copy Plant
> Evil Thorn [x3]
> Koa Kimeiru Gravirose

[u]Spell Cards[/u]:
> Foolish Burial
> Jar of Avarice
> Raise Dead
> Fragrance Storm
> Cyclone
> One for One

[u]Trap Cards[/u]:
> Threatening Roar
> Call of the Living Dead
> Emissaries of Harmony
> Seven Tools of the Bandit

[u]Extra Deck[/u]:
> Splendid Rose
> Scar Warrior
> Arms Aid
> Scrap Dragon
> Mist Wurm
[/spoiler]

> Plant / Black Rose Dragon deck [riding]

[spoiler=Decklist]
> Card Gunner
> Dandylion
> Grow-Up Bulb
> Evil Thorn [x3]
> Lonefire Blossom [x2]
> Camellia Princess Tytannial
> Gigaplant
> Debris Dragon
> Spore
> Botanical Lion
> Battle Fader
> Killer Tomato [x3]
> Copy Plant
> Cruel Angel - Queen of Rose
> Evil Angel - Rose Sorcerer
> Revival Rose

[u]Spell Cards[/u]:
> Speed Spell - Overspeed
> Speed Spell - Summon Speeder
> Speed Spell - Angel Baton
> Speed Spell - Speed Fusion

[u]Trap Cards[/u]:
> Thorn Wall
> Pollinosis
> Lost Star Descent
> Mind Crush

[u]Extra Deck[/u]:
> Splendid Rose
> Hell Bramble
> Black Rose Dragon
> Scrap Dragon
> Mist Wurm
> Scar Warrior
> Ancient Fairy Dragon
> Great Cruel Evil Angel - Rosalian
[/spoiler]

> Plant deck [regular]

[spoiler=Decklist]
> Regrass Reaper
> Seed of Flame
> Guard Hedge

[u]Spell Cards[/u]:
> Collapse

[u]Trap Cards[/u]:
> Drain Shield

[u]Extra Deck[/u]:
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[b][u]Notes[/b][/u]: Ordered by ZONE to reclaim the third of the mystical dragons, Kiishiro entered the Fairy Ring, but he discovered that he might not be, after all, suitable to wield that kind of power. His morale takes another blow when, during the invasion of the Arc Cradle, he is defeated by Ryusaki Sugita. But he cannot afford to be distracted, as an even greater evil draws near. The now three crimson marks pulse counterbeat to each other, bringing Kiishiro, Yenma, and Christina together, but what will the outcome of such a union be?

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Aizawa Yuusuke]
[b][u]Name[/u][/b]: Aizawa Yuusuke

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 1.76m
[b][u]Weight[/u][/b]: 73kg
[b][u]Eye Color[/u][/b]: Blue

[b][u]Avatar Name[/u][/b]: Galahad
[b][u]Duelist Rank[/u][/b]: 55

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 1.88
[b][u]Hair Color[/u][/b]: Blonde
[b][u]Hair Style[/u][/b]: Long, flowing

[b][u]D-Wheel[/u][/b]:
> ??
[b][u]Outfits[/u][/b]:
> Nobility Attire [regular]
> Black Imperial Armor [regular]
[b][u]Equipment[/u][/b]:
> Warp Ring
> Dreamshroud

[b][u]Decks[/u][/b]:

> Lightlord deck [regular]

[spoiler=Decklist]
> Lightlord Magician Leila
> Lightlord Angel Cherubim
> Necro Gardna
> Lightlord Beast Wolf [x2]
> Lightlord Warrior Garos
> Lightlord Paladin Jean
> Destiny Hero Diabolicguy [x2]
> Zombie Carrier
> Battle Fader
> Lightlord Dragon Gragonis
> Lightlord Hunter Raikou
> Lightlord Summoner Luminous
> D.D. Crow
> Lightlord Monk Eileen
> Sunny Pixie
> Judgment Dragon
> Messenger of Hades - Gors
> Grow-Up Bulb
> Honest

[u]Spell Cards[/u]:
> Solar Exchange
> Reinforcements of Light
> Lightning Tune
> Jar of Avarice
> Spiritual Operation
> Burial from the Different Dimension
> Foolish Burial
> Allure of Darkness
> Cyclone
> Disturbing Radio Wave

[u]Trap Cards[/u]:
> Illusion of Flashing Light
> Proclamation of the Royal Palace
> Holy Barrier - Mirror Force
> Convening of Light

[u]Extra Deck[/u]:
> Light End Dragon
> Dark End Dragon
> Ancient Holy Wyvern
> Gigantech Fighter
[/spoiler]

> Light Knights deck [regular]

[spoiler=Decklist]
> Prophet of Genesis
> Queen's Knight
> King's Knight
> Jack's Knight
> Gellenduo
> Honest

[u]Spell Cards[/u]:
> Charge
> Cyclone
> Silent Dead
> Fusion
> Jar of Avarice
> Meteor Bow - Ceal

[u]Trap Cards[/u]:

[u]Extra Deck[/u]:
> Arcana Knight Joker
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[b][u]Notes[/b][/u]: Yuusuke faces a difficult decision, as he has to choose between trusting the woman he views as responsible for the fate of his friend, and abandoning his father. He hesitantly follows Jacqueline's orders, entering the virtual world once more. After an exhausting battle, he manages to defeat the third-ranked duelist in the last Japanese tournament, however, the damage he received is being translated to wounds in the real world. After the successful rescue attempt, his mother urges him to be cautious, but promises to assist him if he chooses to continue the fight.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Kirizaki Maya]
[b][u]Name[/u][/b]: Kirizaki Maya
[b][u]Gender[/u][/b]: Female
[b][u]Ethnicity[/u][/b]: Japanese (1/8th), Korean (1/8th), Ukrainian (1/2nd)

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 1.58m
[b][u]Weight[/u][/b]: 55kg
[b][u]Figure[/u][/b]: Petite
[b][u]Hair Style[/u][/b]: Long, straight
[b][u]Eye Color[/u][/b]: Black

[b][u]Avatar Name[/u][/b]: Stiyel Crystal
[b][u]Duelist Rank[/u][/b]: 92

[b][u]Hair Color[/u][/b]: Silver
[b][u]Hair Style[/u][/b]: Waist-length, straight

[b][u]D-Wheel[/u][/b]:
> Avalon
[b][u]Outfits[/u][/b]:
> Night Queen's Regalia [regular]
> Black Mirage [riding]
> Celestial Gold Raiments [regular]
[b][u]Equipment[/u][/b]:
> Velvet Grimoire
> Rod of Dominion

[b][u]Decks[/u][/b]:

> Inca deck [regular]

[spoiler=Decklist]
> Priest of the Sun
> Red Ant Ascator
> Supay
> Chaos Sorcerer

[u]Spell Cards[/u]:
> Magic Planter
> Cyclone
> Miracle Synchro Fusion

[u]Trap Cards[/u]:
> Limit Rebirth
> Skill Drain

[u]Extra Deck[/u]:
> Sun Dragon Inti
> Moon Dragon Quilla
> Arcanite Magician
> Arcanite Magician, the Supreme Wizard
[/spoiler]

> Demon Roar God deck [riding]

[spoiler=Decklist]
> Critter
> Demon Roar God Raven
> Demon Roar God Lurrie
> Demon Roar God Krus
> Demon Roar God Urustos
> Tragoedia
> Demon Roar God Soulkius
> Demon Roar God Gallabas
> Demon Roar God Kushano
> Demon Roar God Beast Cerburrel
> Honest
> Battle Fader
> Hellway Patrol
> Demon Roar God Grimro

[u]Spell Cards[/u]:
> Speed Spell - High Speed Crash
> Speed Spell - Shift Down
> Speed Spell - Dead Synchron

[u]Trap Cards[/u]:
> Compulsory Evacuation Device
> Limit Rebirth

[u]Extra Deck[/u]:
> Demon Roar God Reigion
> Demon Roar God Valkyrus
> Demon Chaos King
> Hell Twin Cop
> Demon Roar God Leviathan
[/spoiler]

> Demon Roar God / Chaos deck [regular]

[spoiler=Decklist]
> Hellway Patrol
> Demon Roar God Lurrie
> Demon Roar God Dianaira
> Demon Roar God Kushano
> Demon Roar God Raven
> Honest
> Battle Fader
> Demon Roar God Beast Chawa

[u]Spell Cards[/u]:
> Raise Dead

[u]Trap Cards[/u]:
> Damage Condenser

[u]Extra Deck[/u]:
> Demon Roar God Beast Unicore
> Demon Roar God Leviathan
> Chaos Goddess
> Arms Aid
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[b][u]Notes[/b][/u]: After she resolves to confront her enemies head-on, Maya is approached by her grandfather, who gives her a package left for her by Cornelius Klein. She delves into the Vision Cathedral, where it had all begun for her, only to be confronted by a Ghost using the Machine Emperor Skiel. Though she prevails, albeit barely, only Sinclair is once again waiting for her inside the Cathedral. She learns of the existence of another force moving inside the virtual world, a power that poses an equal threat to both Maya and Duel International.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Cornelius Klein]
[b][u]Name[/u][/b]: Cornelius Klein
[b][u]Age[/u][/b]: ??
[b][u]Ethnicity[/u][/b]: German
[b][u]Occupation[/u][/b]: CEO of Duel International's European Branch

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 1.72m
[b][u]Weight[/u][/b]: 84kg
[b][u]Hair Color[/u][/b]: Grey
[b][u]Hair Style[/u][/b]: Balding

[b][u]Avatar Name[/u][/b]: King of Dead
[b][u]Duelist Rank[/u][/b]: 100

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 2.15
[b][u]Hair Color[/u][/b]: N/A
[b][u]Hair Style[/u][/b]: N/A
[b][u]Eye Color[/u][/b]: N/A

[b][u]D-Wheel[/u][/b]: N/A
[b][u]Outfits[/u][/b]:
> ?? [regular]
[b][u]Equipment[/u][/b]: N/A

[b][u]Decks[/u][/b]:

> Devil God deck [regular]

[spoiler=Decklist]
> Dandylion
> Hero Kids [x3]
> THE DEVIL'S DREAD-ROOT
> THE DEVIL'S ERASER

[u]Spell Cards[/u]:
> Golden Chest of Sealing
> Treasure of Dark World
> Devil Sanctuary
> Cyclone

[u]Trap Cards[/u]:
> Truth Reinforce
> Dark Shrine Bribery
> Sub-Space Matter Transfer Device
> Oppression of the Royal Palace
> Phantom of Darkness

[u]Extra Deck[/u]:
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[b][u]Notes[/b][/u]: Having predicted his demise, Cornelius Klein contacted Kirizaki Ryouga, entrusting a package to his hands in order to reach Maya. He claimed to have left her the means that would allow her a chance to survive the coming conflict - but his true intentions remain shrouded in mystery.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Mike Nicholson]
[b][u]Name[/u][/b]: Mike Nicholson
[b][u]Age[/u][/b]: 20
[b][u]Ethnicity[/u][/b]: American
[b][u]Occupation[/u][/b]: Beta-tester for Duel International

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 1.83m
[b][u]Weight[/u][/b]: 74kg
[b][u]Hair Color[/u][/b]: Brown
[b][u]Eye Color[/u][/b]: Hazel

[b][u]Avatar Name[/u][/b]: CrossWing
[b][u]Duelist Rank[/u][/b]: 38

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 1.86
[b][u]Hair Color[/u][/b]: Blue
[b][u]Hair Style[/u][/b]: Spiky, medium-length
[b][u]Eye Color[/u][/b]: Grey

[b][u]D-Wheel[/u][/b]:
> Thunder Hawk
[b][u]Outfits[/u][/b]:
> ?? [riding]

[b][u]Decks[/u][/b]:

> Dragon deck [riding]

[spoiler=Decklist]
> Vice Dragon
> Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
> Prime Material Dragon
> Delta Fly
> Masked Dragon
> Totem Dragon
> Tyrant Dragon
> Bomber Dragon

[u]Spell Cards[/u]:
> Speed Spell - Vision Wind

[u]Trap Cards[/u]:
> Trap Stun
> Dust Tornado

[u]Extra Deck[/u]:
> Trident Dragion
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[b][u]Notes[/b][/u]: N/A

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Nakazawa Shugo]
[b][u]Name[/u][/b]: Nakazawa Shugo

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 1.73m
[b][u]Weight[/u][/b]: 73kg
[b][u]Hair Style[/u][/b]: Short, combed to the side

[b][u]Avatar Name[/u][/b]: Doveren
[b][u]Duelist Rank[/u][/b]: 13

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 1.90
[b][u]Figure[/u][/b]: Muscular
[b][u]Hair Style[/u][/b]: Short cropped

[b][u]Outfits[/u][/b]:
> Hardleather Garb [regular]

[b][u]Decks[/u][/b]:

> Six Samurai deck [regular]

[spoiler=Decklist]
> Shien's Footsoldier
> Six Samurai - Kamon
> Six Samurai - Irou
> Grandmaster of the Six Samurai
> Six Samurai - Zanji
> Six Samurai - Yariza
> True Six Samurai - Kageki
> Relic of the Six Samurai

[u]Spell Cards[/u]:
> Designator from the Different Dimension
> Unity of the Six Samurai
> Gateway of the Six Samurai

[u]Trap Cards[/u]:
> Return of the Six Samurai
> Magatama of Musakani

[u]Extra Deck[/u]:
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Jinrei Yenma]
[b][u]Name[/u][/b]: Jinrei Yenma
[b][u]Occupation[/u][/b]: ??

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: ??
[b][u]Weight[/u][/b]: ??
[b][u]Figure[/u][/b]: ??
[b][u]Hair Color[/u][/b]: ??
[b][u]Hair Style[/u][/b]: ??
[b][u]Eye Color[/u][/b]: ??

[b][u]Avatar Name[/u][/b]: Greyblade
[b][u]Duelist Rank[/u][/b]: 23 [first appearance] || 26 [current]

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 1.68
[b][u]Hair Style[/u][/b]: Short cropped
[b][u]Eye Color[/u][/b]: Grey

[b][u]D-Wheel[/u][/b]:
> Shadowwind
[b][u]Outfits[/u][/b]:
> Grey Void Garb [riding]

[b][u]Decks[/u][/b]:

> Dark Simurgh deck [riding]

[spoiler=Decklist]
> Shield Wing
> The Tricky
> Debris Dragon
> Nightend Sorcerer
> Dark Simurgh
> Deathcaliber Knight
> Turbo Synchron
> Junk Synchron
> Dragonfly [x2]
> Wicked Emperor Gaius
> Necro Gardna
> Sound Warrior Bassist
> Mist Valley Soldier

[u]Spell Cards[/u]:

[u]Trap Cards[/u]:
> Threatening Roar
> Dark Dimension Release
> Synchro Stream
> Return from the Different Dimension
> Thunder Break
> Urgent Tuning

[u]Extra Deck[/u]:
> Chain Dragon
> Mental Sphere Demon
> Blackfeather Dragon
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[b][u]Notes[/b][/u]: Trapped within the Outer Sphere of the virtual reality, the desolate Zero Zone, along with his former opponent Bando Takechi and the enigmatic presence called Ivory, Yenma tries his best to cope with his new situation. But even within the black boundary of the Zero Zone he is not safe, as he is targeted by a member of Duel International's ruling group, Draco Ross. After the trap set up by Ross and his eventual defeat at the hands of Takechi, Yenma and the others are forced to return from the virtual world - but the red mark responds as soon as he steps foot outside of the isolated zone, and he realizes Kiishiro is in grave danger.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Bando Takechi]
[b][u]Name[/u][/b]: Bando Takechi

[b][u]Avatar Name[/u][/b]: Vortexflame
[b][u]Duelist Rank[/u][/b]: 69

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 1.85
[b][u]Hair Color[/u][/b]: Orange
[b][u]Eye Color[/u][/b]: Dark Brown

[b][u]D-Wheel[/u][/b]:
> Hellspike
[b][u]Outfits[/u][/b]:
> Flare King's Regalia [riding]

[b][u]Decks[/u][/b]:

> Flamvell Burn deck [regular]

[spoiler=Decklist]
> Flamvell Helldog
> Flamvell Archer
> Flamvell Grunika
> Neo Flamvell Origin
> Flamvell Baby

[u]Spell Cards[/u]:
> Pureflame Eruption

[u]Trap Cards[/u]:
> Magic Cylinder
> Flamvell Counter

[u]Extra Deck[/u]:
> Flamvell Urquizas
> Ancient God Flamvell
> Scrap Demon
[/spoiler]

> Flamvell Burn deck [riding]

[spoiler=Decklist]
> Summon Priest
> Flamvell Helldog
> Neo Flamvell Origin [x2]
> Flamvell Baby
> Flamvell Deathgunner
> UFO Turtle [x2]
> Darkblaze Dragon

[u]Spell Cards[/u]:
> Speed Spell - The End of Storm

[u]Trap Cards[/u]:
> Magic Cylinder

[u]Extra Deck[/u]:
> Flamvell Urquizas
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[b][u]Notes[/b][/u]: Trapped alongside Yenma in the Zero Zone, Takechi displayed surprising vigilance in mastering its secrets. When they were challenged by Draco Ross, Takechi stepped up to confront him, and after a close battle, he was able to emerge victorious despite the unknown Inverz deck used by his opponent. Thanks to his efforts, Ivory managed to break the walls of the sub-dimension surrounding them, and the trio fled, only to realize that a much greater threat was at hand.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Iseya Yuko]
[b][u]Name[/u][/b]: Iseya Yuko

[b][u]Avatar Name[/u][/b]: Aurora
[b][u]Duelist Rank[/u][/b]: 64

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 1.65
[b][u]Figure[/u][/b]: Slim
[b][u]Hair Color[/u][/b]: Blue
[b][u]Hair Style[/u][/b]: Long, split into two strands in the front
[b][u]Eye Color[/u][/b]: Light blue

[b][u]D-Wheel[/u][/b]:
> Neptune's Throne
[b][u]Outfits[/u][/b]:
> Wave King's Regalia [riding]

[b][u]Decks[/u][/b]:

> Ice Barrier deck [regular]

[spoiler=Decklist]
> Strategist of the Ice Barrier
> Water Reflection of the Ice Barrier
> Gantara, Brave General of the Ice Barrier
> Cryomancer of the Ice Barrier

[u]Spell Cards[/u]:

[u]Trap Cards[/u]:

[u]Extra Deck[/u]:
> Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[b][u]Notes[/b][/u]: Shortly after the fight between Takechi and Yenma, which ended up wth both of them vanishing, Yuko was called upon to join Moboro in the invasion of the Arc Cradle, in an attempt to defeat the duelists stationed there. Yuko was able to circumvent Kiishiro's barrier, thanks to Sugita's efforts, but she was confronted directly by ZONE. Following her devastating defeat, she was left to bear witness to an even more frightening battle, with Sarunoki Moboro activating his <God Mode> and turning into a horrible monster in order to overcome ZONE's power.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Ryusaki Sugita]
[b][u]Name[/u][/b]: Ryusaki Sugita

[b][u]Avatar Name[/u][/b]: Gawain
[b][u]Duelist Rank[/u][/b]: 71

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 1.92
[b][u]Hair Color[/u][/b]: Silver
[b][u]Eye Color[/u][/b]: Dark Blue

[b][u]D-Wheel[/u][/b]:
> Eagle Cove
[b][u]Outfits[/u][/b]:
> Wind King's Regalia [riding]

[b][u]Decks[/u][/b]:

> Black Feather deck [regular]

[spoiler=Decklist]
> Black Feather - Shura the Blue Flame
> Black Feather - Blast the Black Lance
> Black Feather - Vayu the Grand Flag
> Black Feather - Kalut the Moon Shadow
> Black Feather - Blizzard the North Pole
> Black Feather - Ghibli the Hot Wind
> Black Feather - Elfin the Pitch Black
> Black Feather - Gale the Whirlwind

[u]Spell Cards[/u]:
> Speed Spell - Final Attack

[u]Trap Cards[/u]:
> Black Revenge
> Black Feather - Back Flash

[u]Extra Deck[/u]:
> Magical Android
> Black Feather - Arms Wing
> Black Feather - Armored Wing
> Black Feather - Lone Silver Wind
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[b][u]Notes[/b][/u]: Careful about his superiors' motives, Sugita approached the attack on the Arc Cradle with trepedition. He was quickly challenged by the fortress' guardian, Kiishiro, but he was able to emerge victorious from that fight, after having exchanged the Wind-based deck with which he competed in the Element Circle tournament, with the Black Feather deck consisting of Dark Winged Beasts. He followed Yuko into the bowels of the Arc Cradle, and witnessed Moboro turn into a monstrosity so as to fight ZONE.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Adam Fergusson]
[b][u]Name[/u][/b]: Adam Fergusson

[b][u]Avatar Name[/u][/b]: Firesoul
[b][u]Duelist Rank[/u][/b]: ??

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 1.96
[b][u]Hair Color[/u][/b]: Red
[b][u]Hair Style[/u][/b]: Spiky
[b][u]Eye Color[/u][/b]: Orange

[b][u]D-Wheel[/u][/b]:
> ??
[b][u]Outfits[/u][/b]:
> ??
[b][u]Equipment[/u][/b]:
> Skull Key

[b][u]Decks[/u][/b]: N/A

[/spoiler]

[b][u]Notes[/b][/u]: Fergusson stumbled across the interesting story between Maya and Sinclair while in the Vision Cathedral. He states his resolve to fight Gregory Dunkan and his allies, who seek to use those him and the others for their own purposes.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Sarunoki Moboro]
[b][u]Name[/u][/b]: Sarunoki Moboro
[b][u]Age[/u][/b]: 57
[b][u]Occupation[/u][/b]: Duel International Japanese Branch Employee, Head of Technical Research

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 1.69m
[b][u]Weight[/u][/b]: 66kg
[b][u]Figure[/u][/b]: Lean
[b][u]Hair Style[/u][/b]: Balding, combed back

[b][u]Avatar Name[/u][/b]: Nebula Emperor
[b][u]Duelist Rank[/u][/b]: 100

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 2.36
[b][u]Figure[/u][/b]: Bulky
[b][u]Hair Color[/u][/b]: N/A
[b][u]Hair Style[/u][/b]: N/A
[b][u]Eye Color[/u][/b]: Red

[b][u]Outfits[/u][/b]:
> ?? [regular]

[b][u]Decks[/u][/b]:

> Worm deck [regular]

[spoiler=Decklist]
> Worm Linx
> Worm Xex
> Worm Prince
> Worm Apocalypse
> Worm Erokin
> Worm Solid
> Metamorpot
> Worm Ugly
> Worm Queen
> Wicked Dragon Ananta
> Worm Illidan
> Worm King

[u]Spell Cards[/u]:
> Prohibition Command [x2]
> Hurricane
> Book of Total Solar Eclipse
> Book of Moon
> Black Hole
> Jar of Avarice
> Future Fusion
> Earth Crush
> Cyclone
> Worm Call
> Book of the Sun

[u]Trap Cards[/u]:
> Gravity Bind
> Sealing Wall of Light
> Offering to the Poison Goddess
> Return from the Different Dimension

[u]Extra Deck[/u]:
> Worm Zero
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[b][u]Notes[/b][/u]: Moboro was ordered to assemble a team and assault the Arc Cradle. Observing Yuko's fight from the sidelines, Moboro collected data on ZONE's strategy before attacking him full-force with the <God Mode>, an almost irreversible state which represents the ultimate extreme of tactical prowess, at the cost of an almost certain demise, should something go wrong. Despite the horrifying Worm monsters, Moboro was finally defeated by ZONE's Time Machine Gods, and unable to recover from the shock, perished instantly.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Christina Neville]
[b][u]Name[/u][/b]: Christina Neville / Reesha
[b][u]Age[/u][/b]: 17
[b][u]Ethnicity[/u][/b]: Ethiopeian
[b][u]Occupation[/u][/b]: N/A

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 1.63m
[b][u]Weight[/u][/b]: 58kg
[b][u]Hair Style[/u][/b]: Long, braided

[b][u]Avatar Name[/u][/b]: Nightshade

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 1.77
[b][u]Hair Color[/u][/b]: Green

[b][u]Outfits[/u][/b]:
> ?? [regular]

[b][u]Decks[/u][/b]:

> Gem Beast deck [regular]

[spoiler=Decklist]
> Gem Beast Sapphire Pegasus
> Gem Beast Cobalt Eagle
> Gem Beast Ruby Carbuncle
> Gem Beast Amethyst Cat
> Gem Beast Emerald Turtle
> Gem Beast Topaz Tiger

[u]Spell Cards[/u]:
> Gem Release
> Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins
> Gem Blessing
> Gem Flood

[u]Trap Cards[/u]:
> Gem Prayer
> Last Resort

[u]Extra Deck[/u]:
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[b][u]Notes[/b][/u]: Born in Ethiopeia in a particularly poor family, Reesha had the unfortunate luck to be one of the very few people witness the appearance of the Crimson Dragon in the sky, and approach Duel International's agent, Abraham Lee. She was quickly taken in by the company and forced to perform cruel duels in order to determine if she had any supernatural abilities. In the end, when she was about to die during a particularly brutal experiment, she was rescued by Ancient Fairy Dragon, her memories erased. Lee secretly took her to the hospital, and she finally ended up in Belgium with a new identity. As the force of the dragon was lifted off the <Fairy Ring>, that which kept her memories sealed was removed, and she slowly began gathering pieces of her fragmented past. Returning to the virtual world, she was instantly put into a precarious situation, chasing down Kiishiro into the Arc Cradle.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Takeru Hozuki]
[b][u]Name[/u][/b]: Takeru Hozuki

[b][u]Avatar Name[/u][/b]: Dread_T
[b][u]Duelist Rank[/u][/b]: 86

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 1.87
[b][u]Hair Style[/u][/b]: Spiky

[b][u]Outfits[/u][/b]:
> Steel-Winged Armor [regular]

[b][u]Decks[/u][/b]:

> Ally of Justice deck [regular]

[spoiler=Decklist]
> Ally of Justice - Unknown Crusher
> Ally of Justice - D.D. Checker
> Messenger of Hades - Gors
> Change Synchron
> Battle Fader
> Hyper Synchron
> Cyber Dragon

[u]Spell Cards[/u]:
> Overload Fusion

[u]Trap Cards[/u]:
> Dimensional Imprisonment
> Flash Absorbing Magic Mirror

[u]Extra Deck[/u]:
> Ally of Justice - Light Gazer
> Ally of Justice - Catastor
> Chimeratech Overdragon
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[b][u]Notes[/b][/u]: The third-ranked duelist in the previous national tournament in Japan, Hozuki, going by the fitting alias Dread_T, kept working for Duel International. It is unknown what gave birth to or nurtured his insanity, but by the time he appeared as an obstacle to Yuusuke's path, he was clearly deranged, and even after taking lethal damage through the duel's savage mechanics, he still kept on fighting with ever-rising bloodthirst, until the very end.

[/spoiler]

[u][b]Virtual World Entities[/b][/u]:

[spoiler=ZONE]

[b][u]Avatar Name[/u][/b]: ZONE
[b][u]Duelist Rank[/u][/b]: 87 [apparent]

[b][u]Outfits[/u][/b]:
> ??
[b][u]Equipment[/u][/b]:
> ??

[b][u]Decks[/u][/b]:

> Plant / Black Rose Dragon deck [regular]

[spoiler=Decklist]
> Night Rose Knight
> Lord Poison

[u]Spell Cards[/u]:
> Fragrance Storm
> Cyclone

[u]Trap Cards[/u]:

[u]Extra Deck[/u]:
> Black Rose Dragon
[/spoiler]

> Time Machine God deck [regular]

[spoiler=Decklist]
> Time Machine God Metaion
> G.B. Hunter
> Time Machine God Razion
> Soul-Erasing Spirit
> Archangel Kristya
> Honest
> Time Machine God Zafion

[u]Spell Cards[/u]:
> Book of Moon
> Forbidden Chalice
> Advance Draw
> Savage Colosseum
> Scape Goat
> Hand Obliteration
> Golden Chest of Sealing

[u]Trap Cards[/u]:
> Mind Crush
> The High Priestess' Staff
> The Magician's Wisdom [x2]
> Limit Rebirth
> Zero Force
> Coercion of the Tyrant
> Scrap-Iron Scarecrow
> Wrath of God
> Zero Machine Ein

[u]Extra Deck[/u]:

[/spoiler]

[b][u]Notes[/b][/u]: From a different age, from a different world, ZONE travelled on his fortress, the Arc Cradle, to the virtual reality system to stop Duel International from breaching into the Nexus. It is unknown why, but he chose to gather allies around him, starting with Sanjou Kiishiro. After Duel International decided to invade the Arc Cradle, ZONE took to defending his stronghold, promptly disposing of Sarunoki Moboro despite the seemingly unstoppable <God Mode>.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Ivory]

[b][u]Avatar Name[/u][/b]: Ivory

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 1.60m
[b][u]Hair Color[/u][/b]: Platinum

[b][u]D-Wheel[/u][/b]:
> Aether Dawn
[b][u]Outfits[/u][/b]:
> ??

[b][u]Notes[/b][/u]: The 'conscience' of the virtual world, a being that seeks to protect reality. Helping Yenma and Takechi against the adversities that face them, while teaching them about the obscure secrets of the virtual system, her worst fears were realized when her sister escaped the prison she had bound her in. Fearing the worst, Ivory chased after her into the fortress of the Arc Cradle, where currently a large number of duelists has assembled.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Ebony]

[b][u]Avatar Name[/u][/b]: Ebony

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 1.64m

[b][u]Outfits[/u][/b]:
> ??

[b][u]Notes[/b][/u]: The 'will' of the virtual world, a dark spirit with unfathomable powers. Seeking to overwhelm the influence of Sanjou Kotomi in her mind, she grabbed the opportunity when Draco Ross briefly trapped Ivory in a subspace of the Zero Zone to reach the Arc Cradle. As she revealed to Kiishiro what had happened to his mother, enraged, he challenged her to a duel, which she quickly accepted.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Lorelei]

[b][u]Avatar Name[/u][/b]: Lorelei

[b][u]Hair Style[/u][/b]: Long, braided

[b][u]Outfits[/u][/b]:
> ??

[b][u]Notes[/b][/u]: A mystical being residing in <Lorelei's Prairie>, a secret part of the virtual world where one might end up by happenstance if the Terminal's system failed to match them with an appropriate Duel Field, she represents the world's 'fate'. Though she stated that she cannot influence the course of destiny, she did guide Maya to a path which might lead to answers - or to even worse dangers.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Sinclair]

[b][u]Avatar Name[/u][/b]: Sinclair
[b][u]Duelist Rank[/u][/b]: 34

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 1.60m

[b][u]D-Wheel[/u][/b]:
> ??
[b][u]Outfits[/u][/b]:
> Sun Priestess' Yukata

[b][u]Decks[/u][/b]:

> Inca deck [regular]

[spoiler=Decklist]
> Priest of the Sun
> Supay
> The Tricky
> Red Ant Ascator
> AD Changer
> Dark Grepher
> Necro Gardna
> Stone Statue of the Lamenting God
> Gravekeeper's Spy
> Dark Armed Dragon

[u]Spell Cards[/u]:
> One for One

[u]Trap Cards[/u]:

[u]Extra Deck[/u]:
> Sun Dragon Inti
> Moon Dragon Quilla
[/spoiler]

> Inca deck [riding]

[spoiler=Decklist]
> Priest of the Sun
> Supay
> Red Ant Ascator

[u]Spell Cards[/u]:
> Speed Spell - Half Seize
> Speed Spell - Synchro Return

[u]Trap Cards[/u]:
> Limit Rebirth
> Destruct Potion
> Skill Drain
> Pitfall of Hades
> Torrential Burial

[u]Extra Deck[/u]:
> Moon Dragon Quilla
> Sun Dragon Inti
[/spoiler]

> Sea Serpent deck [regular]

[spoiler=Decklist]
> Deep Sea Diva
> Sea Archer
> Hades Frog
> Skreech
> Dragon Ice
> Snowman Eater
> Needle Guilman

[u]Spell Cards[/u]:
> Earth Crush
> Enemy Controller
> Designator from the Different Dimension

[u]Trap Cards[/u]:
> Explosion Armor

[u]Extra Deck[/u]:
[/spoiler]

[b][u]Notes[/b][/u]: For some mysterious purpose, Sinclair intercepted Maya as she entered the Vision Cathedral, but did not challenge her to a duel. She seemed to be at least cooperating with Adam Fergusson on some scheme. Though she provided Maya with useful information, she stated her resolve to settle the score between them, so that they could be reunited.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Fire Spirit Envoy Hiita]

[b][u]Avatar Name[/u][/b]: Fire Spirit Envoy Hiita

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 1.57
[b][u]Hair Style[/u][/b]: Shoulder-length, straight

[b][u]Outfits[/u][/b]:
> ??

[b][u]Decks[/u][/b]:

> Fire Spirit deck [regular]

[spoiler=Decklist]
> UFO Turtle
> Flame Ruler
> Devil of Lava - Lava Golem
> Fire Spirit Envoy Hiita

[u]Spell Cards[/u]:

[u]Trap Cards[/u]:
> Compensation of Blood
> Fire Spirit Art - 'Crimson'
> Torrential Burial

[u]Extra Deck[/u]:
[/spoiler]

[b][u]Notes[/b][/u]: A guardian of the <Fairy Ring>, this spirit of fire challenged Sanjou Kiishiro to a duel when he invaded the ancient sanctuary. Though she was outmatched, the duel ended when Dryad appeared, and thus she was unharmed. Along with the rest of the Spirit Envoys, she is very protective of their territory.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Elemental Master Dryad]

[b][u]Avatar Name[/u][/b]: Elemental Master Dryad

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 1.62m
[b][u]Hair Color[/u][/b]: Gold

[b][u]Outfits[/u][/b]:
> ??

[b][u]Decks[/u][/b]:

> Elemental deck [regular]

[spoiler=Decklist]
> Manju God
> Elemental Master Dryad
> Black Rose Witch
> Earth Spirit Envoy - Aussa

[u]Spell Cards[/u]:
> Dryad's Prayer
> Sealing Swords of Light
> Creature Swap
> Clear World
> Raise Dead
> Magic Planter
> Spider Web

[u]Trap Cards[/u]:
> Wind-Forest-Fire-Mountain
> Mask of Sacrifice Sealing
> Dissonance
> Level Limit - Area A
> Wind Spirit Art - 'Elegance'
> Negate Attack

[u]Extra Deck[/u]:
> Ancient Fairy Dragon
[/spoiler]

[b][u]Notes[/b][/u]: The protector of the <Fairy Ring>, wielding the power of Ancient Fairy Dragon. She engaged in a duel with Kiishiro to gauge his ability to wield the dragons, and though a huge catastrophe was only barely averted when Black Rose Dragon and Ancient Fairy Dragon clash, in the end she determined that Kiishiro should have the mystical creature. With it gone, the memories of the girl that once was protected by the grace of that dragon partially returned, and she reappeared in the virtual world. Dryad revealed the truth to her, and offered her assistance in her quest to reclaim her lost memory.

[/spoiler]

[u][b]Other[/b][/u]:

[spoiler=Aizawa Taihito]

[b][u]Name[/u][/b]: Aizawa Taihito
[b][u]Age[/u][/b]: 46
[b][u]Occupation[/u][/b]: Duel International Japanese Branch Employee, Technical Research Division

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 1.64m
[b][u]Weight[/u][/b]: 78kg

[b][u]Notes[/b][/u]: Trapped by Moboro's sinister scheme in order to lure Yuusuke to the virtual world, Taihito was rescued, but suffered severe mental damage from his almost 24-hour imprisonment in the Soul Chamber. It remains to be seen whether he will be able to aid or stop Yuusuke from his next dive into the virtual reality.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Aizawa Hikari]

[b][u]Name[/u][/b]: Aizawa Hikari
[b][u]Age[/u][/b]: 43
[b][u]Occupation[/u][/b]: Head of the Japanese medical union

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 1.61m
[b][u]Weight[/u][/b]: 65kg
[b][u]Hair Style[/u][/b]: Long

[b][u]Notes[/b][/u]: Thanks to Jacqueline's efforts and the commotion caused by the clash of the two dragons, Hikari was able to salvage her husband out of the hospital before the police could accost him. Realizing that remaining idle was no longer an option, she decided to support Yuusuke in his decision, and constructed a drug capable of counteacting, to some extent, Duel International's efforts at keeping the duelists locked within the virtual system.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Sanjou Kotomi]

[b][u]Name[/u][/b]: Sanjou Kotomi
[b][u]Age[/u][/b]: 56
[b][u]Occupation[/u][/b]: Grocery store owner

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 1.59m
[b][u]Weight[/u][/b]: 62kg
[b][u]Hair Style[/u][/b]: Ponytail

[b][u]Decks[/u][/b]:

> Spellcaster / Ritual deck [regular]

[spoiler=Decklist]
> Magic Knight Defender
> Skilled Black Magician
> Darkred Enchanter
> Magical Conductor
> Black Magician Girl
> Magical Marionette
> Crusader of Endymion
> Beautiful Goddess of Salvation - Norsewemko
> Black Magician [x3]
> Chaos Magician
> Ritual Devil Presider
> Ritual Devil Releaser
> Ritual Devil Disserere
> Magician of Black Chaos
> Magical Ficialist
> Buster Blader

[u]Spell Cards[/u]:
> Hidden Village of the Magicians
> Hand Obliteration
> Shrink
> Preparation for Ritual
> High Class Ritual Art
> Magical Pigeon
> Dimension Magic
> Chaos - Black Magic Ritual
> Jar of Avarice
> Fulfillment of the Contract
> Dragon Destroyer's Proof
> Fusion
> Giant Growth

[u]Trap Cards[/u]:

[u]Extra Deck[/u]:
> Holy Knight Perseus
> Super Magical Swordsman - Black Paladin
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Howard Rowen]

[b][u]Name[/u][/b]: Howard Rowen
[b][u]Age[/u][/b]: 43
[b][u]Occupation[/u][/b]: Duel International American Branch Employee, Head of Technical Research

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 1.71m
[b][u]Weight[/u][/b]: 93kg
[b][u]Figure[/u][/b]: Plump
[b][u]Hair Style[/u][/b]: Short, combed back

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Sannosouke Takizawa]

[b][u]Name[/u][/b]: Sannosouke Takizawa
[b][u]Age[/u][/b]: 69
[b][u]Occupation[/u][/b]: CEO of Duel International's Japanese Branch

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 1.55m
[b][u]Weight[/u][/b]: 93kg

[b][u]Notes[/b][/u]: Despite the great unrest caused by the recent events, Takizawa stayed mostly in the shadows, waiting to see how the situation with Moboro would resolve.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Nakahara Inoue]

[b][u]Name[/u][/b]: Nakahara Inoue
[b][u]Age[/u][/b]: 32
[b][u]Occupation[/u][/b]: Duel International Japanese Branch Employee, Secretary of the Anti-Hacker Division

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 1.53m
[b][u]Weight[/u][/b]: 58kg
[b][u]Hair Style[/u][/b]: Long, curly

[b][u]Notes[/b][/u]: Monitoring the events in the Arc Cradle as well as she could, Inoue was able to report on Moboro's activities - the activation of <God Mode> startled her, as it was an emergency double-edged weapon.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Draco Ross]

[b][u]Name[/u][/b]: Draco Ross
[b][u]Age[/u][/b]: 45
[b][u]Ethnicity[/u][/b]: Unknown, presumably from Eastern Europe
[b][u]Occupation[/u][/b]: Duel International European Branch Employee, Financial Consultant

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 1.93m
[b][u]Weight[/u][/b]: 86kg
[b][u]Figure[/u][/b]: Bulky
[b][u]Hair Style[/u][/b]: Shaved

[b][u]Decks[/u][/b]:

> Inverz deck [regular]

[spoiler=Decklist]
> Knight of the End
> Inverz Evil Cell
> Inverz Gilafer
> Inverz Sharp
> Inverz Madith
> Necro Gardna

[u]Spell Cards[/u]:
> Invasive Move
> Burial from the Different Dimension

[u]Trap Cards[/u]:
> Damage Condenser
> Invasive Wave

[u]Extra Deck[/u]:
[/spoiler]

[b][u]Notes[/b][/u]: Tasked with finding out what had happened to Bando Takechi and Jinrei Yenma, Ross chased them down into the Zero Zone, trapping them in a subsidiary dimension along with their guardian, Ivory. He initially intended to challenge Yenma, but changed his plans when Takechi stepped up - however, to his great surprise, not only was he defeated, but Ivory was able to create an escape path for the trio. Frustrated at this failure, Ross immediately began devising new plans to hunt them down.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Jacqueline Devereaux]

[b][u]Name[/u][/b]: Jacqueline Devereaux
[b][u]Age[/u][/b]: 34
[b][u]Ethnicity[/u][/b]: French
[b][u]Occupation[/u][/b]: Duel International European Branch Employee, Design Division Head Artist

[b][u]Weight[/u][/b]: 56kg
[b][u]Hair Style[/u][/b]: Long, loose

[b][u]Notes[/b][/u]: Jacqueline approached Yuusuke in order to help him save his father - but ultimately, despite his success, it all amounted to a plan to reinstate the missing Pylon. However, she does seem to have her own hidden agenda that might conflict with Dunkan's - she also gave Yuusuke's mother instructions on how to create a drug that could allow a person to log out of the virtual system despite the limitations.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Abraham Lee]

[b][u]Name[/u][/b]: Abraham Lee
[b][u]Age[/u][/b]: 50
[b][u]Ethnicity[/u][/b]: African-American
[b][u]Occupation[/u][/b]: Duel International American Branch Employee, Chief of Human Resources

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 1.76m
[b][u]Weight[/u][/b]: 107kg
[b][u]Hair Style[/u][/b]: Short, curly

[b][u]Notes[/b][/u]: When Abraham Lee was setting up a subsidiary branch of the company in Africa, he stumbled across an extraordinary event. During a rain of crimson meteors, a huge scarlet dragon appeared in the sky. But that event was apparently witnessed only by a select few, and he was fortunate enough to meet one of them. He took in little Reesha to examine her connection to the strange phenomenon, but his associates ruthlessly pushed her to the limit of her endurance in subsequent duel tests, eventually resulting in her apparent death. When she was resuscitated by the powers of Ancient Fairy Dragon, Lee, considering it a divine sign, brought her to safety.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Lynette Rayleigh]

[b][u]Name[/u][/b]: Lynette Rayleigh
[b][u]Age[/u][/b]: 29
[b][u]Occupation[/u][/b]: Duel International American Branch Employee, Sales Division Head

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 1.78m
[b][u]Weight[/u][/b]: 61kg

[b][u]Notes[/b][/u]: Lynette was part of the five man group that was present during the stabilization of the portal and the activation of the Pylons, but she played no important part during the proceedings. She did not take an active part in the arrangements for the Arc Cradle's invasion, and stood in the shadows despite the war escalating.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Gregory Dunkan]

[b][u]Name[/u][/b]: Gregory Dunkan
[b][u]Age[/u][/b]: 44
[b][u]Occupation[/u][/b]: CEO of Duel International's American Branch

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 1.85m
[b][u]Weight[/u][/b]: 83kg
[b][u]Figure[/u][/b]: Lean
[b][u]Hair Style[/u][/b]: Short, straight

[b][u]Notes[/b][/u]: Dunkan remained quietly in the back stage, observing Jacqueline's and Moboro's efforts. Though showing no regret in Moboro's decision to use <God Mode>, he did appreciate the opportunity to observe the results of his experiments.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Kirizaki Ryouga]

[b][u]Name[/u][/b]: Kirizaki Ryouga
[b][u]Age[/u][/b]: 75
[b][u]Ethnicity[/u][/b]: Japanese (1/2nd), Korean (1/2nd)
[b][u]Occupation[/u][/b]: Former Yakuza Boss

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 1.79m
[b][u]Weight[/u][/b]: 102kg
[b][u]Figure[/u][/b]: Muscular
[b][u]Hair Style[/u][/b]: Short, balding

[b][u]Notes[/b][/u]: Once a boss of the criminal underworld in both Korea and Japan, Maya's grandfather was a violent man whose mind was only centered on profit, but took great pleasure in committing his crimes as well. Now, though, as an old man whom time has caught up with, he at least chose to fulfill Cornelius Klein's request and support his granddaughter in her battle.

[/spoiler]

[u][b]Appendix[/b][/u]:

[spoiler=Machine Emperors]The Machine Emperors are three monsters that are formed by a coalition of other cards, the 'parts'. A Machine Emperor consists of a Level 1 card with 0 attack and 0 defense, the Core, used to Special Summon the other parts when it is destroyed by card effects, a base Machine Emperor monster, a Top, an Attack, a Guard, and a Carrier part. All the monsters comprising a Machine Emperor are Level 1, and have low attack and defense scores.

> The Top part generally focuses around negating card effects.
> The Attack part enhances in some form the Machine Emperor's offensive capabilities.
> The Guard part protects the Machine Emperor from battle.
> The Carrier part also offers protection in some form, as well as enhancing the Emperor's utility.

Each part starts from its base stage, and can be upgraded. There are two revealed additional stages, the '3' stage, and the '5' stage. As the names denote, those monsters are Level 3 and 5 respectively, and augment the usefulness of the specific parts. From the hand, the Level 3 part can be Special Summoned by Tributing the base part, and the Level 5 part can be Tribute Summoned by Tributing the Level 3 part. Both the Level 3 and the Level 5 parts can be Special Summoned from the hand, Deck or Graveyard by designated Trap cards, which work by Tributing the previous stage.

The Machine Emperor gains ATK and DEF equal to the sum of its parts' statistics. Parts can be used interchangeably between the Machine Emperors. Also, each Emperor has one common effect - once per turn, they can absorb a Synchro monster the opponent controls, and add its attack to the Machine Emperor's own. Also, if the central part is destroyed, all other parts are destroyed as well, but it is often easier to destroy the individual parts first.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Time Machine Gods]The Time Machine Gods are a series of Level 10 Fairy-Type monsters, used by ZONE, of various attributes. They have the same basic attributes:

> They can be Normal Summoned from the hand with no Tributes if the controller has no monsters on the field.
> They cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects, and no battle damage is dealt during battles with them.
> They have an effect that activates after they successfully conduct a battle.
> They return to the owner's Deck during the Standby Phase, if they are on the field.

They also possess support Trap cards, which enhance their usability. Zero Machine Ain allows one Time Machine God to be Special Summoned each turn.
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I am now on Episode 90 of 5D's, so I'm not entirely up on where Crow got his cards from (I'm led to believe he uses BFD for the 1st time in about six/seven episodes). Just assumed that he, like Yusei and seemingly Jack, found them across the Satelitte, or took them from sector security.

Yes Yusei does have a deck of 70 increasingly situational cards, but I still find him cooler than Yugi and Jaden. I am trying not to fall into that trap with Juruo in my fic. Initially I made a muck of deck setups and was going to give all the major characters decks of 45 cards, split 25/20. I only just worked out how bad that is as it means little recurrence of popular/signiture monsters, and little room to manuever with spells and traps. So I've had to do some adjustments.

Anyway, this will be most helpful for keeping track of decks, so then I can learn how to set my decks up properly from you, I hope.

Looking forward to the rest of the story.

[quote name='Bahamut ZERO' timestamp='1302376777' post='5125560']
I am now on Episode 90 of 5D's, so I'm not entirely up on where Crow got his cards from (I'm led to believe he uses BFD for the 1st time in about six/seven episodes). Just assumed that he, like Yusei and seemingly Jack, found them across the Satelitte, or took them from sector security.

Yes Yusei does have a deck of 70 increasingly situational cards, but I still find him cooler than Yugi and Jaden. I am trying not to fall into that trap with Juruo in my fic. Initially I made a muck of deck setups and was going to give all the major characters decks of 45 cards, split 25/20. I only just worked out how bad that is as it means little recurrence of popular/signiture monsters, and little room to manuever with spells and traps. So I've had to do some adjustments.

Anyway, this will be most helpful for keeping track of decks, so then I can learn how to set my decks up properly from you, I hope.

Looking forward to the rest of the story.
[/quote]
Jaden and Yugialso had decks of 70 increasingly situational cards. For Jaden there's [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Spiritual_Fusion"]Spiritual Fusion[/url] and [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Secret_Mission"]Secret Mission[/url], not to mention guys like Rallis the Star Bird, Gallis the Star Beast (Season 4), Card Ejector, Miracle Flipper...

And Yugi...two words:

[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Spell_Textbook"]Spell. Textbook.[/url]

[quote name='Bahamut ZERO' timestamp='1302376777' post='5125560']I am now on Episode 90 of 5D's, so I'm not entirely up on where Crow got his cards from (I'm led to believe he uses BFD for the 1st time in about six/seven episodes). Just assumed that he, like Yusei and seemingly Jack, found them across the Satelitte, or took them from sector security.

Looking forward to the rest of the story.[/quote]

Eh. No matter how hard you try, it is almost impossible - and unreasonable - to make a set deck for a character and say "This guy will use these cards for the rest of the story" and stick to it. It would require extremely careful writing to not fall into a situation where you just need a combo to be used for the plot to go on (and the duel to have any meaning), and you cannot often do that if you restrict yourself with such boundaries. Thus, in favor of the fanfic actually being not bland and boring, you'll often have to use cards that are outright questionable as to why the character would have it. I've mostly side-stepped this in Dead Zone, I'd like to think, by generally relying on at least semi-consistent stuff, so feel free to look through for some structure ideas. Except for ZONE's deck, which is kinda chaotic at the moment.

[quote name='Dr. Cakey' timestamp='1302386492' post='5126061']Jaden and Yugialso had decks of 70 increasingly situational cards. For Jaden there's [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Spiritual_Fusion"]Spiritual Fusion[/url] and [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Secret_Mission"]Secret Mission[/url], not to mention guys like Rallis the Star Bird, Gallis the Star Beast (Season 4), Card Ejector, Miracle Flipper...

And Yugi...two words:

[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Spell_Textbook"]Spell. Textbook.[/url][/quote]

Spell Textbook was moreso related to main character hax draw power rather than the card itself being situational. I'd say that a situational card is something you can only use effectively under a certain set of conditions, which just happen to occur in the duel and you just happen to have that card right then even if you never had it before (example: most of Yusei's cards post-season 1). Spell Textbook is a card that would be useful under a lot of circumstances, provided you had the luck to draw the card you needed (read: it would not require an extremely convoluted scenario to not be an utterly useless dead draw). So yeah. But there are many other examples of situational cards Yugi had in his deck, and Jaden went overboard as well, but come on... I swear, during the ZONE duel, Yusei was just literally making up cards on the spot.

Archived