Placido and I are spamming in Placido's banlist fix thread
I think that fix summarizes the change-quote thing going on.
Just to get the topic back on topic, I'll just post a bunch of changes that I honestly probably didn't really think through, just to give people food for thought:Banned
- one card could easily allow for a +2 even with your opponent only having three monsters on the board. Many times it gets played, it's a Raigeki, and Raigeki is banworthy, so this should follow suit. A version with higher cost (such as Lightning Vortex) allows for the same purpose to be fulfilled.Goyo Guardian
- an easy to summon 2800 ATKer that takes other monsters if it destroys them by battle? Are you kidding?Exodia the Forbidden One
- it's a brainless lucksack card to play. Heck, the first time it was ever used in the anime it was used as a lucksack draw out of an otherwise obvious loss. The limbs can serve a purpose in Normal.dek, but the effectg monster has less use. Ban it and unlimit the other pieces.Morphing Jar
- it can easily be anywhere from a +5 to a -5. The user, however, will probably know to set all their S/T when they set Morphing Jar. It also leads to dangerous combos with Protector of the Sanctuary.Mind Control
- steals a monster for Synchro foodLimited
:Magician of Faith
- if the banworthy spells are taken away, then this card is fine. If all the banworthy spells aren't taken away, maybe this could be experimented with? At one, its consistency and number of times its effect can be used are both severely weakened.Honest
- with only one, it can't be used in tangent with itself to inflict a lot of damage from one battle. Heck, maybe this should even be banned due to appearing from the handUnlimited
:Mystical Space Typhoon
- it's only 1-for-1 destruction at instant speed. It isn't really that harmful. It isn't usually if ever more than a 0 and can be a minus if used against a chainable trap.Magical Stone Evacuation
- has anyone even seen this card recently? It's a -2 that fishes back an old spell. It's the same thing with magician of Faith: if all the banworthy spells are taken away, then this can get higher on the listSkill Drain
- why was this even semi'd? To stop the rise of decks like SkillTown? Overall, seems unnecessary. I'm sure bringing it back to 3 won't destroy the meta.