Reverse Monsters

Due to the new Exceed Monsters coming out, I've decided to make something new myself. The Reverse Monster.

[spoiler=How to Reverse Summon a Reverse monster]A Reverse monster is colored orange like Effect and Gemini monsters and reside in the Main Deck or Side Deck. A Reverse Monster that is Reverse Summoned gains the Tribute Summoned monster's effect, and gains ATK, DEF, and Level equal to the Tribute Summoned monster.

The Reverse Summon is done by Tributing a Reverse monster only for a Tribute Summon. You can then immediately send the successfully Tribute Summoned monster to the Graveyard for a Reverse Summon and Special Summon the Reverse monster to the field. As mentioned, the Reverse monster gains the effect of the Tribute Summoned monster, as well as gaining ATK, DEF, and level equal to the Tribute Summoned monster. For example, you have a Reverse monster on your side of the field and you want to Tribute it for, say, Millenium Scorpion. You can Tribute the Reverse monster and bring out Millenium Scorpion. Then, you can send Scorpion to the Graveyard and bring the Reverse monster to the field, with Scorpion's effect, a 2000/1800 boost, and 5 more Levels. In addition, I will make some support, but for now, enjoy some Reverse monsters.

A Reverse Summon is performed after the Tribute Summon is successful, but before any effects that would activate in response to the Tribute Summon activate. Once the Reverse Summon is successful, for example Caius' Effect activates and your Reverse Summoned monster's effect activates as Chain Link #1 and Chain Link #2.[/spoiler]

Idol of Solitude
EARTH/*2/Rock/Reverse
If this card is Tributed for a Tribute Summon, and is also Reverse Summoned, draw 2 cards and discard 1 card.
900/600

Burning Shield Warrior
FIRE/*3/Warrior/Reverse
If this card is Tributed for a Tribute Summon, and is also Reverse Summoned, select and Special Summon 1 Level 2 or lower monster from your hand. Its ATK and DEF becomes 0.
1200/200

Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Servant
EARTH/*1/Machine/Reverse
If this card is Tributed for a Tribute Summon, and is also Reverse Summoned, you can add 1 "Ancient Gear" or "Gadget" monster from your Graveyard to your hand.
0/100

Gravekeeper's Cat
DARK/*2/Beast/Reverse
If this card is Tributed for a Tribute Summon, and is also Reverse Summoned, add 1 "Necrovalley" from your Deck to your hand.
800/1000

Archfiend Keeper
DARK/*4/Fiend/Reverse
If this card is Tributed for a Tribute Summon, and is also Reverse Summoned, you do not have to pay Life Points for the effects of "Archfiend" monsters. The field is treated as "Pandemonium".
1900/300

Assault Knight
LIGHT/Lv.2/Warrior/Reverse
If this card is Tributed for a Tribute Summon, and is also Reverse Summoned, you can discard 2 cards to add 1 "Assault Mode Activate" and 1 other "Assault" card from your Deck to your hand, other than "Assault Knight"
0/0.

Morphtronic Blenden
EARTH/*1/Machine/Reverse
If this card is Tributed for a Tribute Summon, and is also Reverse Summoned, this card also gains these effects:
While in Attack Position: Once per turn, you can destroy 1 face-up "Morphtronic" monster to destroy all Spells and Traps on the field.
While in Defense Position: Once per turn, you can destroy 1 face-up "Morphtronic" monster to destroy a face-up monster your opponent controls equal to or less than this monster's level.
0/0

Helmskringla of the Nordic Alfar
LIGHT/*3/Spellcaster/Reverse
This card can be Special Summoned if you control no monsters. If this card is Tributed for a Tribute Summon, and is also Reverse Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 "Nordic" monster from your hand, Deck or Graveyard.
900/0

Armsman of the Six Samurai
WATER/*1/Warrior/Reverse
If this card is Tributed for a Tribute Summon, and is also Reverse Summoned, while you control 3 or more "Six Samurai" monsters, this card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects.
0/1100

As I said, more will come in time.
Very interesting game mechanic. Looks like something Invers/Steelswarm would do, with their use of Tribute Summons. And they can easily counter Soul Exchange.

I think Idol of Solitude is pretty lulzy to use in combination of draw-engine kind of cards.

Lol at Gadjitron Servant, seeing how it can become epic at turning into a 3000 ATK beatstick with either Golem or Dragon, then adding a monster.

Question. If a monster Tributed multiple Reverse monsters, can only 1 Reverse monster can be Summoned at that time? And another. Does the effect of the monster, like a Monarch, that triggers when Summoned, go through before it is sent to the Graveyard and used for the Reverse Summon? If so, then Tongue Twister for epic draw engine.
And final question. If they took control of one of your monsters, then Tributed it for a Tribute Summon, can you Reverse Summon and send there monster to the Grave.

Pretty epic. Hope to see one that becomes a Tuner, lol. I'll comment the others later, when I have time.
[quote name='Chihaya Kisaragi' timestamp='1299392914' post='5054639']
Question. If a monster Tributed multiple Reverse monsters, can only 1 Reverse monster can be Summoned at that time?

And another. Does the effect of the monster, like a Monarch, that triggers when Summoned, go through before it is sent to the Graveyard and used for the Reverse Summon? If so, then Tongue Twister for epic draw engine.

And final question. If they took control of one of your monsters, then Tributed it for a Tribute Summon, can you Reverse Summon and send there monster to the Grave.

[/quote]

First question: Yes, multiple Reverse monsters can be used as Tributes. However, only one can be Reversed, so choose wisely. (May I also mention that if a Reverse Monster's level would go beyond 12, then it stays at 12.)

Second question: Tribute Summoned monsters must be summoned successfully before they can be targeted for a Reverse Summon, so I would say so.

Third question: No, that will not work.
[quote name='Zkaiser' timestamp='1299456095' post='5056596']
Is this mechanic's name a pun on the word "rebirth?" Be honest.

If so I applaud you.
[/quote]

You could say that. I really don't know why I called them "Reverse" to begin with, but I had this idea in my head. I guess I thought it was catchy. But I do see where "rebirth" comes into play.
[quote name='Zkaiser' timestamp='1299471960' post='5057210']
Well, I'm no expert in Japanese but I think both words are said in nearly the exact same way seeing as the TH sound is pronounced with an S and B and V are interchangeable.

That's meta.

+1 for honesty.
[/quote]

+1 for your +1.
Putting together some support in this post:

Deciever Archfiend
DARK/*6/Fiend/Effect
During each of your Standby Phases, take 700 damage (This effect is not an option). While this card is in your hand and you control a Reverse Monster, you can reveal this card and all other cards in your hand to gain 1 additional Normal Summon or Set this turn.
2100/1500

Trap Stopper
LIGHT/*6/Rock/Effect
Trap cards on the field cannot be activated or destroyed. When this card is sent to the Graveyard for a Reverse Summon, return any number of Trap Cards on the field to their cntrollers' Decks.
1900/1900

Idol of Loneliness
EARTH/Lv.5/Rock/Effect
If this card is Tribute Summoned by Tributing a Reverse monster, and is sent to the Graveyard for a Reverse Summon, send the top 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard and add 1 card from your Graveyard to your hand.
2300/1150

Synchron Mastermind
LIGHT/Lv.6/Machine/Tuner
If this card is Tribute Summoned for a Reverse Monster, and is sent to the Graveyard for a Reverse Summon, the Reverse Summoned monster is treated as a Tuner monster. Once per turn, you can add 1 "Synchron" Tuner monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand, and send a number of cards from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard equal to that monster's level, except "Synchron Mastermind".
1600/1000

Some Spells and Traps here:

Reverse Wave
Spell/Continuous
Each time you Reverse Summon, both players draw 1 card.

Verse of Reverse
Spell/Normal
Both players draw 2 cards and remove one monster from their hands from play. If a player does not have a monster in their hand, they must discard all cards in their hand. If you draw a Reverse monster through this card's effect, you can Special Summon all monsters in your hand and discard all other cards.

Reverse Rebirth (Zkaiserlulz)
Trap/Continuous
Special Summon 1 Reverse Monster from your Graveyard. It gains 1000 ATK, and both players receive damage equal to that Reverse monster's ATK.

Reversal Eye
Trap/Normal
Activate when a Reverse monster is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard. Both players must send 2 cards from the top of their Decks to their Graveyards.

If you guys have ideas, put them in. I'm always open to new cards.
I like the concept thIs mechanic actually but as you called them reversed monsters and I notice that Gemini, spirit, union and tuner are noun and never once a verb, maybe call it Rebirth monster, or well something that act that a human offered their soul to a demon and they take over their body as same body but different existence. That basically what they show. Then again most words to describe that are verb then noun xD. But for exceed monster they using a verb when there are a noun while all other monsters are in noun except synchro.
Anyway, though reverse monster and reverse summon sound good though it a verb but hey maybe it is time to change from noun to verb.
[quote name='Yusei & Akiza' timestamp='1299668217' post='5062201']
But for exceed monster they using a verb...
[/quote]

Reverse is a noun, by the way.

Also, I found the idea of "If you could Tribute Summon with a low level monster, could you do it the other way around? And gain a boost as well?" The "other way" made me think of going in reverse. So I looking now, I guess that's how "Reverse" popped into my head.

I'm glad you like the new mechanic! To me, this is how I want to be known around here for.

ah you're right, i just got this from dictionary now : "adjective, noun, verb" well my bad xD but for Exceed it's a verb though it should be a noun as well as the dictionary said it's verb(used with or without objects) while excess is a noun =_=. can't understand konami those days. xD

looking at this have inpire me to make a new mechanic as well lol. though i had with Transcend Mechanic but it's in similar meaning of exceed. oh well back to the drawing board.... Evolution!!!!! lol

basically reverse monster and summon is a bit of a funny concept that normally we offer weaker monster to bring out stronger monsters but this we offer strong monster to bring out the weaker monster's potential. now that i think of it,was that like exceeding their own limit as well? I mean it like release restraint on those monster as well. xD. Oops now that just give me an idea :D

interesting idea the monsters are well designed for the concept if i may be so bold as to ask that if the concept of a reverse monster that can become a dark tuner was possibly in the future? i <3 dark synchro monsters

all in all the new mechanic looks well made and well thought up 10/10

I love this concept! :D This makes the game a whole lot more interesting especially with epic game plays I just thought about. By the way, just a question that needs to be elaborated a little more:

You have "Idol of Solitude" on the field, tribute for Raiza, Mobius, any Monarch, does the Monarch's effect resolve before you reverse summon or not?
Situation: Idol, tribute for Mobius and pop 2 spell and traps. Reverse summon after the effect resolves, Summon Idol and pop 2 Spell and Traps as well as draw 2 cards and discard 1. Is that how it would work or would Mobius miss his timing due to the Idol's reverse summon?

Oh and here is a card I thought about with the Baboon Beasts. Kept it in the format of these cards.

Black Baboon, Growth of the Forest
Earth/*1/Beast/Reverse
If this card is Tributed for a Tribute Summon of a "of the Forest" monster, and is also Reverse Summoned, add 2 level 4 or lower Beast-Type monsters from your Deck or Graveyard except "Black Baboon, Growth of the Forest" to your hand.
400/1000

And some support: (keeping this one in my format)

Blue Baboon, Dasher of the Forest
LV7 EARTH Beast-Type/Effect
ATK/DEF: 2600/1800
This card can be Tribute Summoned using 1 Beast-Type monster you control. If this card is used for a Reverse Summon, add 1 "of the Forest" monster from your Deck to your hand except "Blue Baboon, Dasher of the Forest".

[quote name='Wolfy Eddy' timestamp='1300036403' post='5071280']

You have "Idol of Solitude" on the field, tribute for Raiza, Mobius, any Monarch, does the Monarch's effect resolve before you reverse summon or not?
Situation: Idol, tribute for Mobius and pop 2 spell and traps. Reverse summon after the effect resolves, Summon Idol and pop 2 Spell and Traps as well as draw 2 cards and discard 1. Is that how it would work?

Black Baboon, Growth of the Forest
Earth/*1/Beast/Reverse
If this card is Tributed for a Tribute Summon of a "of the Forest" monster, and is also Reverse Summoned, add 2 level 4 or lower Beast-Type monsters from your Deck or Graveyard except "Black Baboon, Growth of the Forest" to your hand.
400/1000

And some support: (keeping this one in my format)

Blue Baboon, Dasher of the Forest
LV7 EARTH Beast-Type/Effect
ATK/DEF: 2600/1800
This card can be Tribute Summoned using 1 Beast-Type monster you control. If this card is used for a Reverse Summon, add 1 "of the Forest" monster from your Deck to your hand except "Blue Baboon, Dasher of the Forest".
[/quote]

Summon Effects go through before the Reverse Summon, since Reverse Summoning is optional (though 99% of the time you would want to).

And yes, thanks for the additional monsters and support! I was starting to run out of ideas.

Lol! epic overpowerdness rocks! Pop up to 4 cards on the field + 1 card on hand :D

Oh, and I thought about a bit more support:

Cloudian - Valast the Spare Water
Water/*2/Fairy/Reverse
This card cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card is in face-up Defense Position, destroy it. If this card is Tributed for a Tribute Summon of a "Cloudian" monster, and is also Reverse Summoned, place 1 Fog Counter on all face-up monsters on the field.
1200/500

Support card:

Cloudian - Cirratus the Sheering Wind
Water/*5/Fairy/Effect
This card cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card is in face-up Defense Position, destroy it. When this card is Tribute Summoned using a "Cloudian" monster, Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower "Cloudian" monster from your Deck in face-up Attack Position.
1800/800

More cards on the way ;)

Archived