My First Set - Freezecore Dragons [9/???]

Zextra

10 members have voted

1. 1. How would this archtype do in competition?

Welcome to my very first Archtype and set!

For this set, I have tried to come up with a recurring theme that would actually be useful.

I will add more cards to this set every day (I hope).

Anyways, please rate and comment, and tell me what I should improve on :D

SNEAK PEEK AT SYNCHROS!

[spoiler=Sneak Peek at What Has Yet to Come!]

freezecoreexceedraborea.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________

[spoiler=FRZDP-EN001 Freezecore Dragon - Neo Sapphire]

freezecoreneosapphire.jpg

Lore:

When this card is Summoned, you can place an Icicle Void Counter on a monster on the field (max. 1). A monster with an Icicle Void Counter on it cannot be removed from the field except by battle and by your card effects. When this card is destroyed, you can Special Summon a "Freezecore Dragon" monster from your hand in face-up Attack Position.

[spoiler=FRZDP-EN002 Freezecore Dragon - Neo Glacier]

freezecoreneoglacier.jpg

Lore:

When this card is Summoned, you can place an Icicle Void Counter on a monster on the field (max. 1). A monster with an Icicle Void Counter on it cannot be removed from the field except by battle and by your card effects. During battle between this attacking card and a Defense Position monster whose DEF is lower than the ATK of this card, inflict the difference as Damage to your opponent. When this card is destroyed, you can add a "Freezecore Dragon" monster from your Deck to your hand.

[spoiler=FRZDP-EN003 Freezecore Dragon - Neo Blizzard]

freezecoreneoblizzard.jpg

Lore:

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of a "Freezecore Dragon" monster. When this card is Summoned, you can place an Icicle Void Counter on a monster on the field (max. 1) and a Freeze Wrath Counter on a monster on the field (max. 1). A monster with an Icicle Void Counter on it cannot be removed from the field except by battle and by your card effects. A monster with a Freeze Wrath Counter on it cannot attack and its effects are negated. This card gains 300 ATK for each "Freezecore Dragon" monster in your Graveyard. When this card destroys a monster by battle, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the destroyed monster's ATK.

[spoiler=FRZDP-EN004 Freezecore Dragon - Neo Crystal]

freezecoreneocrystal.jpg

Lore:

When this card is Summoned, you can place a Freeze Wrath Counter on a monster on the field (max. 1). A monster with a Freeze Wrath Counter on it cannot attack and its effects are negated. Once per turn, you can destroy a monster with a Counter on it and inflict damage to your opponent equal to the destroyed monster's Level x300. When this card is destroyed, you can Special Summon one "Freezecore Dragon" monster from your Graveyard in face-up Attack Position, except "Freezecore Dragon - Neo Crystal".

[spoiler=FRZDP-EN005 Freezecore Dragon - Freeze Colossus]

freezecorefreezecolossu.jpg

Lore:

While you control a Level 4 or higher "Freezecore Dragon" monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. While you control another "Freezecore Dragon" monster, this card cannot be selected as an attack target. Once per turn, you can Tribute a "Freezecore Dragon" monster you control (except this card) to place a number of Frigid Zone Counters (max. 2) on unoccupied Spell and Trap Card Zones equal or less than the number of "Freezecore Dragon" monsters you control. A Spell or Trap Card Zone with 2 Frigid Zone Counters on it cannot be used while you control a "Freezecore Dragon" monster.

[spoiler=FRZDP-EN006 Freezecore Dragon - Iceberg Engine]

freezecoreicebergengine.jpg

Lore:

While you control another "Freezecore Dragon" monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Summoned, you can place a Frigid Zone Counter on an unoccupied Spell or Trap Card Zone (max. 2). A Spell or Trap Card Zone with 2 Frigid Zone Counters on it cannot be used while you control a "Freezecore Dragon" monster. When this card is destroyed, you can Tribute a "Freezecore Dragon" monster you control to Special Summon a "Freezecore Dragon" monster in your Deck.

[spoiler=FRZDP-EN007 Freezecore Dragon - Frigid Linker]

freezecorefrigidlinker.jpg

Lore:

If you have Normal Summoned or Special Summoned a "Freezecore Dragon" monster this turn, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is used as a Synchro Material Monster for a Synchro Summon, the other Synchro Material Monsters must be "Freezecore Dragon" monsters. When this card is removed from the field, you can add a Level 4 or lower "Freezecore Dragon" monster from your Deck to your hand.

[spoiler=FRZDP-EN008 Freezecore Dragon - North Rain]

freezecorenorthrain.jpg

Lore:

When this card is Normal Summoned, you can add a "Freezecore Dragon" Tuner monster from your Deck to your hand. While you control a face-up Tuner monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Special Summoned by its own effect, you can place up to 2 Ice Force Counters on Spell or Trap Cards your opponent controls (max. 2). A face-up Spell or Trap Card that has a Ice Force Counters on it has its effect negated. A face-down Spell or Trap Card that has 2 Ice Force Counters on it cannot be activated.

[spoiler=FRZDP-EN009 Freezecore Dragon - Frozen Wyrm]

freezecorefrozenwyrm.jpg

Lore:

When this card is Normal Summoned, you can Special Summon a Level 4 or lower "Freezecore Dragon" monster from your hand or Deck. A monster Summoned by this effect cannot attack and has its effect negated. Once per turn, you can Tribute a "Freezecore Dragon" monster you control (except this card) to place up to 2 Icicle Void Counters on monsters on the field (max. 1). A monster with an Icicle Void Counter on it cannot be removed from the field except by battle and by your card effects. When this card is used as a Synchro Material Monster for the Synchro Summon of a "Freezecore" Synchro monster, you can draw 1 card.

Traps:

[spoiler=FRZDP-EN??? Delta Freeze]

deltafreeze.jpg

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok. Gimme a sec to write down comments.....

(BTW round 2 of Light vs Dark has started. I really liked your card! :D)

I like the common archetype effect as well as the quick summoning of more monsters to keep your opponents monsters on the field for enough time to destroy them and inflict battle damage. The effects are decent and the OCG looks good as well. As are the pics.

It would be easy to use these cards and make a strong Deck based around them! I really like them! I hope you continue this archetype!

Rating: 9/10

You could develop the secondary effects a bit more and give the 1st monster a secondary effect also.

Based on my ranking system, overall, I would give these cards the following rank:

A Rank

Reason being is that the cards themselves are great and have great effects, but the only thing that throws me off is the ability to Special Summon ANY "Freezecore Dragon" from your Deck. With just destroying Neo Sapphire, you can summon Neo Blizzard? What I'm trying to say is to put a limit on the Special Summon for each card, namely Neo Sapphire. That's my opinion. BTW, good cards. :)

P.S.: If you change Neo Sapphire and tone its Special Summon ability down, these cards would probably be an S Rank.

Thanks for all your comments.

@legacy - I assume your comment was referring to Glacier, since Sapphire only summons from the hand. Therefore, I edited Glacier's effect, letting it add to the hand rather than summon.

Anyways, Neo Crystal added!

Guest Talos the Wind Ninja

The pictures on the last 2 are amazing and the effects...are....well...how do i put this....amazing! Nice job. 9/10

Archived