New Gladiator Beasts! [7/??]

Cody Frost

[spoiler=Gladiator Beast Barbatus]
[img]http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/5015/67897i.jpg[/img]
Lore:
1 "Gladiator Beast" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
While this card remains face-up on the field, place 1 Gladiator Counter on this card each time a "Gladiator Beast" monster is Special Summoned from either player's Decks. If this card would be destroyed by a card effect, you can remove 1 Gladiator Counter from this card instead. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked, you can remove 1 Gladiator Counter from this card to Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Gladiator Beast Felix]
[img]http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/1830/67897.jpg[/img]
Lore:
When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Gladiator Beast" monster, you can Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your hand. Its effects are negated and it is returned to your hand during the End Phase. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked, you can return it to the Deck to Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck, except "Gladiator Beast Felix".
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Gladiator Beast Triton]
[img]http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/1830/67897.jpg[/img]
Lore:
When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Gladiator Beast" monster, send 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. This card gains the effects of the sent monster until the End Phase of this turn. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked, you can return it to the Deck to Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck, except "Gladiator Beast Triton".
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Gladiator Beast Gallus]
[img]http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/903/67897e.jpg[/img]
Lore:
When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Gladiator Beast" monster, Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck. Monsters Special Summoned by this card's effect have their effects negated. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked, you can return it to the Deck to Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck, except "Gladiator Beast Skysurge".
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Gladiator Beast Aurelias]
[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/1830/67897.jpg[/img]
Lore:
When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Gladiator Beast" monster, return 1 card from your hand to the bottom of your Deck and draw 2 cards. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked, you can return it to the Deck to Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck, except "Gladiator Beast Aurelias".
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Gladiator Beast Akheilos]
[img]http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1830/67897.jpg[/img]
Lore:
When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Gladiator Beast" monster, you can remove 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster on your side of the field (except this card) to Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster that has been removed from play. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked, you can return it to the Deck to Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck, except "Gladiator Beast Akheilos".
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Gladiator Beast Lucianus]
[img]http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1830/67897.jpg[/img]
Lore:
3 "Gladiator Beast" monsters with different names
This card can only be Special Summoned from your Extra Deck by returning the above cards you control to the Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".) When this card is Special Summoned, negate the effects of all Spell and Trap Cards on the field until the End Phase. At the end of the Battle Phase when this card attacked or was attacked, you can return this card to the Extra Deck to Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck.
[/spoiler]
Rate / Comment / Fix / Enjoy :D

WOOAAAH!!! Broken. A LV4 Dragon tuner cannot exist without a drawback because it has too much Special Summoning support. Also, why do you have a free set-up to get a LV8 synchro out??? It should take atleast 2 turns. And Felix' effect is broken too, because it's a Firedog that can be summoned during either turn that isn't limited to summoning 1 tuner. Also, Barbatus gets immunity? It's too easy to summon and can bring out another one of himself by removing 1 Counter. Tone it down a bit, this is why GBs were limited to Fusions before.

Lol! I love your reaction :D
Yeah these cards are broken but I'm having trouble toning them down :/ If I make the level of the tuner to 3-2, then...wait a minute....brb

There it goes! Toned down Felix's level to 2 and his ATK and DEF to 1000 and 500 so even if you Special Summon a Glad Beast from your hand you still dont have the advanatage of getting out Barbatus out. Barbatus has been kept the same because the tuner was toned down as such.

If you are talking about Gladiator Beast Alexander...he can't be Special Summoned EXCEPT by Glad. Beast Dicamari's Tag out effect, and Sparticus (lv5) and Octavious (lv7) don't really fit the requirements for a level 8 now do they? You need something along the lines of 2 LV3 monsters (Which in this case CAN be achieve by Special Summoning this guy, Special/Normal Summoning another LV3 Gladiator Beast (Samnite/Torax/Murmillo/Retiari) and then Special Summoning 1 Test Tiger, or 2 if you don't Normal/Special a Glad. Beast

That somewhat limits you on how you can summon this guy out, but not to a great extent making him playable just as Heraklinos and Gyzarus (he's slightly harder to get out than Gyzarus, and either slightly harder or slightly easier to summon than Heraklinos).

[quote name='Cody Frost' timestamp='1302234296' post='5122210']
If you are talking about Gladiator Beast Alexander...he can't be Special Summoned EXCEPT by Glad. Beast Dicamari's Tag out effect, and Sparticus (lv5) and Octavious (lv7) don't really fit the requirements for a level 8 now do they? You need something along the lines of 2 LV3 monsters (Which in this case CAN be achieve by Special Summoning this guy, Special/Normal Summoning another LV3 Gladiator Beast (Samnite/Torax/Murmillo/Retiari) and then Special Summoning 1 Test Tiger, or 2 if you don't Normal/Special a Glad. Beast

That somewhat limits you on how you can summon this guy out, but not to a great extent making him playable just as Heraklinos and Gyzarus (he's slightly harder to get out than Gyzarus, and either slightly harder or slightly easier to summon than Heraklinos).
[/quote]

Gyzarus - prime target after you get it out to nuke the field, you can Synch with it or Tag Out to synch in the End Phase.
I still think Barbatus is overpowered, because he fuels his own immunity.

[quote name='Vough' timestamp='1302236058' post='5122249']
Gyzarus - prime target after you get it out to nuke the field, you can Synch with it or Tag Out to synch in the End Phase.
I still think Barbatus is overpowered, because he fuels his own immunity.
[/quote]

But...Felix Specials from hand... (plz set up a senario, cuz I'm having trouble seeing the possible synchro tag out >.<)

As for Barbatus, ram him with DAD after destroying 3 cards? His effect won't save him from battle.

id run it as a tech AGAINST a gladiator deck xD. sinc eit gets counters from either players special summoned. overall the tuner is pretty balanced. it makes so many combos though xD. for example ( ive never played a GB deck but this seems kinda obvious)

secutor effect- summon darius and bestiari- use darius eff to summon felix from the grave- contact for gyzarus. sync felix with gyzarus after destroying 2 cards.

now this is actually pretty nice, but seriously. GBs need NO more support, but the GB synchros were a very nice idea :>. i just hope it wont make them corrupt like Six Sam :<. overall 9/10 :D

I don't find either card very remarkable, except that the Synchro's a bit annoying to get out, but I think I'll just leave you with a picture of a real TCG card which no-one calls broken and isn't even considered that great:

[img]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100823230150/yugioh/images/thumb/6/60/DeltaFlyerDREV-EN-R-1E.jpg/300px-DeltaFlyerDREV-EN-R-1E.jpg[/img]

[quote name='-Griffin' timestamp='1302247961' post='5122388']
I don't find either card very remarkable, except that the Synchro's a bit annoying to get out, but I think I'll just leave you with a picture of a real TCG card which no-one calls broken and isn't even considered that great:

[img]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100823230150/yugioh/images/thumb/6/60/DeltaFlyerDREV-EN-R-1E.jpg/300px-DeltaFlyerDREV-EN-R-1E.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

I've played this card at 3 in a Fortune Draw Sync Engine and it turned out awesome. I don't knock down this card, and I did take its effect to consideration...but It didn't feel Gladiator...ish. Besides, a 1 turn swarm is something Gladiators Need now to compete with many swarm decks. :/ Especially against Blackwings.

[i]secutor effect- summon darius and bestiari- use darius eff to summon felix from the grave- contact for gyzarus. sync felix with gyzarus after destroying 2 cards.[/i]

Lol, that is obvious. And yet next turn you Special DAD, destroy G-Beast Darius (he hhas to stay on the field), and ram into that epic monster you just Summoned. His effect does not give him Battle Protection...and that is his downfall.

[quote name='Cody Frost' timestamp='1302265239' post='5122565']
secutor effect- summon darius and bestiari- use darius eff to summon felix from the grave- contact for gyzarus. sync felix with gyzarus after destroying 2 cards.
[/quote]

No-one uses "Secutor". Why would you synch "Gyzarus" unless you have a way of getting him back instantly? The only "Glad Beast" you truly want in the Graveyard is "Bestiari", and only if sent there by "E-Hero Prisma" to be revived by "Darius". Also, if it's Level 8 you're aiming for, "Stardust" would be a better option.

Overall, I might use the Tuner, since it could set up "Gyzarus"/"Essedari"; but the Synchro would see no use.

[quote name='Max Darkness' timestamp='1302268271' post='5122600']
No-one uses "Secutor". Why would you synch "Gyzarus" unless you have a way of getting him back instantly? The only "Glad Beast" you truly want in the Graveyard is "Bestiari", and only if sent there by "E-Hero Prisma" to be revived by "Darius". Also, if it's Level 8 you're aiming for, "Stardust" would be a better option.

Overall, I might use the Tuner, since it could set up "Gyzarus"/"Essedari"; but the Synchro would see no use.
[/quote]

I figured as much :/ I too would probably go with Stardust unless I'm able to set up Barbatus' Protection effect nicely, but even then it wouldn't be much protection against cards like D. Prison or CED, and such which remove cards and don't destroy. Still, it is nice knowing that you can set up the Summon somewhat decently for a guy that can Tag in most G. Beasts without having to leave the field himself. Could set some powerful plays, and can lead to small swarms such as bringing Darius if you have Bestiari in the Grave and then contact out for Gyzarus. Now you have 1 anti-effect destruction beater and 1 "popper" monster that can tag out for 2 G-Beasts. In fact, if you do something like that, you can Get Bestiari again using Barbatus' effect and then get 2 other Glad Beasts such as Darius to get a level 3 Glad Beast monster from your Grave, and Equeste to get G. Beast Chariot if it's in your grave also. Contact LV3 and Bestiari for Gyzarus yet again, Contact Darius and Equeste for Essedari, and then set Chariot. This might not be seen much though as there are several ways to break up this combo from happening which several players tend to do in the current format.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Cody Frost' timestamp='1302225211' post='5121852']
[img]http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/5015/67897i.jpg[/img]
Lore:
While this card remains face-up on the field, place 1 Gladiator Counter on this card each time a "Gladiator Beast" monster is Special Summoned from either player's Decks. If this card would be destroyed by a card effect, you can remove 1 Gladiator Counter from this card instead. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked, you can remove 1 Gladiator Counter from this card to Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck.

[img]http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/1830/67897.jpg[/img]
Lore:
When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Gladiator Beast" monster, you can Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your hand. Its effects are negated and it is returned to your hand during the End Phase. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked, you can return it to the Deck to Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck, except "Gladiator Beast Felix".

[img]http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/6861/67897l.jpg[/img]
Lore:
When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Gladiator Beast" monster, you can send 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard to take control of 1 level 6 or lower Monster your opponent controls until the End Phase. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked, you can return it to the Deck to Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck, except "Gladiator Beast Triton".

[img]http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/3306/67897s.jpg[/img]
Lore:
When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Gladiator Beast" monster, you can Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower Monster from your opponent's Graveyard. That monster is destroyed at the End Phase. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked, you can return it to the Deck to Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck, except "Gladiator Beast Skysurge".

[img]http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/6118/67897f.jpg[/img]
Lore:
When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Gladiator Beast" monster, you can return 2 cards from each player's Graveyards to the bottom of their respective owner's Decks. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked, you can return it to the Deck to Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck, except "Gladiator Beast Aurelias".

[img]http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1830/67897.jpg[/img]
Lore:
When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Gladiator Beast" monster, you can add 1 card that is removed from play to your hand. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked, you can return it to the Deck to Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck, except "Gladiator Beast Akheilos".

[img]http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/3646/67897o.jpg[/img]
Lore:
3 "Gladiator Beast" monsters with different Attributes
This card can only be Special Summoned from your Extra Deck by returning the above cards you control to the Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".) When this card is Special Summoned, randomly select 2 cards from you and your opponent's hand and exchange them. At the end of the Battle Phase when this card attacked or was attacked, you can return this card to the Extra Deck to Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck.

Rate / Comment / Fix / Enjoy :D
[/quote]

Hello, I am a GB user. I was expecting someone like "Cody Frost" who can come up with an idea of advancing GB with synchos. Guys I would say (not only in favor of GB) that as yu-gi-oh progresses with further anime and games and advancing with more different and fabulous summons like "exceed" and stuffs each and every previous and old decks must get some advancement too. My idea is that many old duelist who come up with old strategies must get chance to expand their strategies by having some fusion, ritual, synchros , exceed and other future upcoming summons. What i mean is that each decks must have some provision of using each sort of summoning techniques so that decks can have much flexibility to use. Like Blackwing, Lightsworn and other who are totally dependent on synchros must have sum provision of other summons too. I wont go as per the anime but in reality duelist must get some flexibility in their decks with wide range of techniques.
In favor of GB, I would say that as a GB user, more than moderate swarming techniques are required in GB to counter Lightsworn, Blackwing, Six Samurais and other. I would thanks to yu-gi-oh Production that they are progressing with new GB's and its related stuffs but still its not sufficient as compared to the new decks.

Thanx

[b]Triton[/b] is too generic and estranged from the “Gladiator Beasts” to be called one. It would be better used in an “Umi” Synchro Deck, paired with “Murmillo”. [b]”Skysurge”[/b] doesn’t sound like a “Gladiator Beast”, and is again a generic Synchro supporter, more likely used with “Bestiari” in a DARK/WIND “Blackwing” or a “Dragunity” Deck. [b]Aurelias[/b] does have an effect the “Gladiator Beasts” need (alongside Burn and Piercing), but in this form it is overpowered. Compare “Atomic Scrap Dragon” that needs three monsters to summon it and only targets three cards. Also, you might want to reduce the scope of its effect to simply “Gladiator Beast”-related cards. And does it have to be a Tuner? [b]Akheilos[/b] has an effect that will never be balanced when strapped to a “Gladiator Beast”. Their inability to counter RFP is their one balancing weakness. This eliminates that weakness, and thus breaks the Archetype.

[b]Sparta Techno[/b] has a stupid name, and is almost impossible to summon, considering the large use of the EARTH and WIND “Gladiator Beasts” over the other Attributes. Plus, it is vulnerable to a lot more effects than the main Fusions “Gyzarus” and “Heraklinos”, since the former can destroy any Attack Traps in the Main Phase while “Heraklinos” can discard to negate them. This on the other hand, has an effect that will hinder you at best. (You trade “Waboku” and “Compulsory Evac.” for “Solar Recharge” and “Vanquishing Light”) Its weaknesses make it much harder to pull off a successful attack, and afterwards, you can only Special Summon 1 “Gladiator Beast” back, despite using three to get it on the field.

Overall, these monsters are either too generic to be “Gladiator Beasts” or have effects that generally do not help the “Gladiator Beasts” (Battle Phase effects, field destruction and Graveyard recovery).

[quote name='Cody Frost' timestamp='1303338431' post='5155126']
So you would suggest something along the lines of more "specific" effects for "Gladiator Beast" monsters while keeping their weaknesses alive and letting the archtype get hammered by decks that run those weaknesses?
[/quote]

Yes exactly.

[quote name='Max Darkness' timestamp='1303380418' post='5156462']
Yes exactly.
[/quote]

Alrighty then! Time for me to make some edits RIGHT NOW!

Oh and I get the pics from this [url="http://s825.photobucket.com/albums/zz178/JazinKay/"]site[/url].

The following were edited:

G.Beast Triton
G.Beast Akheilos
G.Beast Aurelias
G.Beast Gallus (used to be G.Beast Skysurge)
G.Beast Lucianus (used to be G.Beast Sparta Technos)

While this card remains face-up on the field, place 1 Gladiator Counter on this card each time a "Gladiator Beast" monster is Special Summoned from either player's Decks. If this card would be destroyed by a card effect, you can remove 1 Gladiator Counter from this card instead. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked, you can remove 1 Gladiator Counter from this card to Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck.>> [b]WTH, this is great. Pure Great ^^[/b]

Gladiator Beast Felix
Lore:
When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Gladiator Beast" monster, you can Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your hand. Its effects are negated and it is returned to your hand during the End Phase. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked, you can return it to the Deck to Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck, except "Gladiator Beast Felix".>>[b]Yes, one word = useful[/b]

Gladiator Beast Triton
Lore:
When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Gladiator Beast" monster, send 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. This card gains the effects of the sent monster until the End Phase of this turn. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked, you can return it to the Deck to Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck, except "Gladiator Beast Triton".>>Go with Prisma if i would milled bestiari

Gladiator Beast Gallus
Lore:
When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Gladiator Beast" monster, Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck. Monsters Special Summoned by this card's effect have their effects negated. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked, you can return it to the Deck to Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck, except "Gladiator Beast Skysurge".>>[b]OMG, i love the cards i comment since later[/b]

Gladiator Beast Aurelias
When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Gladiator Beast" monster, return 2 cards from a player's Graveyard to the bottom of their Deck. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked, you can return it to the Deck to Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck, except "Gladiator Beast Aurelias".>>[b]Not really working/useful[/b]

Gladiator Beast Akheilos
When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Gladiator Beast" monster, you can remove 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster on your side of the field (except this card) to Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster that has been removed from play. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked, you can return it to the Deck to Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck, except "Gladiator Beast Akheilos".>>[b]Not really working/useful[/b]

Gladiator Beast Lucianus
3 "Gladiator Beast" monsters with different names
This card can only be Special Summoned from your Extra Deck by returning the above cards you control to the Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".) When this card is Special Summoned, negate the effects of all Spell and Trap Cards on the field until the End Phase. At the end of the Battle Phase when this card attacked or was attacked, you can return this card to the Extra Deck to Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck. >> [b]useful in some conditions[/b]

Overall, i love the top 4 cards. So, this thread deserve to be 5 Stars and you deserve a rep for me, for really amazing GB.^^

Maybe I should make Lucianus tag out 2-3 monsters? But I'm worried that it might be OPed if I do that. Tag out for him, stun the field, attack, tag out for Bestiari and something else, tag out for Gyzarus and pop 2 cards safely. Doesn't that seem like a little too much? Or would that be good since you need 3 different Gladiator Beasts?

Well, looks like Akheilos is now balanced, I'll keep him as is. Useful when your Bestiari got removed from play by bottom less or something, and can be mondo useful if Gyzarus gets removed :P

What would you suggest for Aurelias to make her useful? Can't add cards to my hand since Equeste does that...maybe a reshuffle effect like...OH SNAPS! BRB WITH THIS CARD!

As for Triton, he might be a little better than Prisma in certain runs, especially since I can send Bestiari to the Grave to pop something whilst escaping Bottomless and then use Test Tiger to tag out for Darius, tag out for Gyzarus and pop 2 once more. Idk, I think I'll keep that one as is as well.

---

Aurelias is now a +1 Draw engine :P

Archived