• Trimmed Beast Amethyst Cat
    • Trimmed Beast Emerald Tortoise
    • Trimmed Beast Amber Mammoth
    • Trimmed Beast Cobalt Eagle
    • Trimmed Beast Ruby Carbuncle
    • Trimmed Beast Sapphire Pegasus
    • Trimmed Beast Topaz Tiger
    • None of them.

Okay, from here on out, I will release 1 "Trimmed Beast" for each of the seven Crystal Beasts for the next 7 days. Here is the first. Do comment, rate, fix these cards.

[spoiler=Crystal Beast Danburite Galeru][center][img]http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2876/67897n.jpg[/img]
[spoiler=Lore][i]If this card is used for the Synchro Summon of a "Trimmed Beast" Synchro Monster, you can place any "Crystal Beast" Monsters used for the Synchro Summon of that Monster face-up in your Spell & Trap Zone as face-up Continuous Spell Cards instead of sending them to the Graveyard. If this card is destroyed while it is in a Monster Card Zone, you can place it face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card, instead of sending it to the Graveyard.[/i][/center][/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Trimmed Beast Amethyst Cat][center]
[img]http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/6118/67897f.jpg[/img]
[spoiler=Lore][i]1 Tuner + 1 "Crystal Beast Amethyst Cat" + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
This card is unaffected by the effects of your opponent's Trap Cards. This card can attack your opponent directly. When it does, any Battle Damage it inflicts to your opponent is halved. If this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, you can destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card on the field. If this card is destroyed while it is in a Monster Card Zone, you can Special Summon 1 "Crystal Beast Amethyst Cat" from your Spell & Trap Card Zone or Graveyard.[/i][/center][/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Trimmed Beast Emerald Tortoise][center]
[img]http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/5015/67897i.jpg[/img]
[spoiler=Lore][i]1 Tuner + 1 "Crystal Beast Emerald Tortoise" + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Once per turn, you can change the battle position of 1 monster on the field or Set 1 face-up monster face-down. If the monster was Set, it is flipped face-up and its effects are negated. This effect can be activated during either player's turn. If this card is destroyed while it is in a Monster Card Zone, you can Special Summon 1 "Crystal Beast Emerald Tortoise" that is on your Spell & Trap Card Zone or Graveyard.[/i][/center][/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Trimmed Beast Amber Mammoth][center]
[img]http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/1830/67897.jpg[/img]
[spoiler=Lore][i]1 Tuner + 1 "Crystal Beast Amber Mammoth" + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
When a monster you control is selected as the target of an attack or card effect, you can change the target to this card. Up to twice per turn, you can negate the activation of an opponent’s card effect that targets this card and destroy it. If this card is destroyed while it is in a Monster Card Zone, you can Special Summon 1 "Crystal Beast Amber Mammoth" that is on your Spell & Trap Card Zone or Graveyard.[/i][/center][/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Trimmed Beast Cobalt Eagle][center]
[img]http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/1830/67897.jpg[/img]
[spoiler=Lore][i]1 Tuner + 1 "Crystal Beast Cobalt Eagle" + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Once per turn you can return 1 card on the field to its owner's hand OR return 1 card from either player's Graveyard to the bottom of their Deck. If this card is destroyed while it is in a Monster Card Zone, you can Special Summon 1 "Crystal Beast Cobalt Eagle" that is on your Spell & Trap Card Zone or Graveyard.[/i][/center][/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Trimmed Beast Ruby Carbuncle][center]
[img]http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/1830/67897.jpg[/img]
[spoiler=Lore][i]1 Tuner + 1 "Crystal Beast Ruby Carbuncle" + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 "Crystal Beast" monster (except "Crystal Beast Ruby Carbuncle") from your Spell & Trap Card Zone. If this card is destroyed while it is in a Monster Card Zone, you can Special Summon 1 "Crystal Beast Ruby Carbuncle" that is on your Spell & Trap Card Zone or Graveyard.[/i][/center][/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Trimmed Beast Sapphire Pegasus][center]
[img]http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/4274/67897b.jpg[/img]
[spoiler=Lore][i]1 Tuner + 1 "Crystal Beast Sapphire Pegasus" + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Once per turn, you can place 1 "Crystal Beast" monster from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard face-up on your Spell & Trap Card Zone. It is treated as a Continuous Spell Card. If this card is destroyed while it is in a Monster Card Zone, you can Special Summon 1 "Crystal Beast Sapphire Pegasus" that is on your Spell & Trap Card Zone or Graveyard.[/i][/center][/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Trimmed Beast Topaz Tiger][center]
[img]http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1830/67897.jpg[/img]
[spoiler=Lore][i]If this card attacks, it gains 600 ATK during the Damage Step only. During battle between this card and a Defense Position monster whose DEF is lower than the ATK of this card, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent. If this card is destroyed while it is in a Monster Card Zone, Special Summon 1 "Crystal Beast Topaz Tiger" that is on your Spell & Trap Zone or Graveyard.[/i][/center][/spoiler][/spoiler]

I gotta love how everyone's first thought that comes to mind with CBs is synchros :P.

IMO, support like this is much more desirable: "when this card is placed in the spell and trap section, add 1 "Crystal" card from your deck to your hand" or "This card can be special summoned from your hand if you control a face up "Crystal Beast" card on the field. When this card is summoned, return one card your opponent controls to their hand."

Outside of monsters, definitely some externally driven cards, like Icarus Attack or Offering to the Snake Deity.

[quote name='Red W Mage No. 6-2-5' timestamp='1305169663' post='5204203']
I gotta love how everyone's first thought that comes to mind with CBs is synchros :P.

IMO, support like this is much more desirable: "when this card is placed in the spell and trap section, add 1 "Crystal" card from your deck to your hand" or "This card can be special summoned from your hand if you control a face up "Crystal Beast" card on the field. When this card is summoned, return one card your opponent controls to their hand."

Outside of monsters, definitely some externally driven cards, like Icarus Attack or Offering to the Snake Deity.
[/quote]
7 Of the Eight have yet be posted... hopefully he'll take your advice

But this card isn't bad... its just not what the Pro-CB Player of YCM wants, lol
Post the other 7 (and take some of Red's Ideas)

[quote name='Red W Mage No. 6-2-5' timestamp='1305169663' post='5204203']

s
[/quote]

Hmm, that is an interesting concept. I'll keep that in mind when releasing the next Trimmed Beast today. The real thing about the Trimmed Beasts is that they are easy swarm Synchros that can massively abuse almost any of the Support Cards such as A.C.-R.R. or the Crystal Spells. Not only that, but they provide 7 forms of power. Still, I am now considering altering their effects a little because of this statement.

EDIT: Just for a note, I used the pics from the "Advanced Crystal Beasts" for the Synchro versions...so the pic quality is pretty horrid :/

[quote name='Cody Frost' timestamp='1305198864' post='5204608']
EDIT: Just for a note, I used the pics from the "Advanced Crystal Beasts" for the Synchro versions...so the pic quality is pretty horrid :/
[/quote]

I think I already stated that :/ What about the cards themselves?

Very, very nice. You have a great concept here. All of them are perfectly balanced - perhaps even a bit UP'ed for the trouble of summoning them. It's a shame that there aren't better pics of the Advanced Crystal Beasts...

Now, for the individual cards:
Danburite Galeru - It's great; allows you to "recycle" Synchro materials, and it feeds Abundance.
Amethyst - Nice build off the original; The Spell/Trap destruction is a very nice addition to the original.
Emerald - Hmm...reminds me of Junk Gardna, but Junk Gardna is much easier to summon. Perhaps expand on the simple Position-changing effect?
Amber - The first effect is really nice. The negation effect is also nice, allowing it to bypass cards such as D-Prison.
Cobalt - Now this seems really useful; I really like the bounce effect.

Overall, if I would rate, I would say about 9.9 - Emerald Tortoise just seems a bit too dull/not enough for the trouble it takes to bring out, but those are just my thoughts...

Lol. Must've been a type with Cobalt XP I'll fix that shortly. As for the pics, I got them from the yugioh Wikia, cropped them, and placed them here. Yeah...pic quality is horrid :/

Also, did it occur to anyone that these guys will be abused massively with the field spell A.C.-R.R.? Lol. Spam 5th effect over again, Cobalt, bounce, replay, 4th +1 draw, 5th reSychro Something else? I'ma test these guys out in real life seeing as I already run a C.Beast Deck for lols. BTW...should I just post the last three cards today? I have them done.

Also gonna put them on YVD XD lolz. Although I'm only gonna use them with player consent ^.^

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1305492125' post='5210863']
is there a way to clear it out and make the pic quality better?
[/quote]

Sadly sharpening the image makes it worse. It loses even more quality <_<. If anyone could get better pics for these guys, I'd rep them and pay them 100 points for each pic.

I didn't [i]have[/i] to. It just seem fitting. Crystal Beast decks run good search engines already, and they have decent draw and swarm tactics. Taking that to a good advantage, I was able to make these as well as making them decent beaters with powerful effects. I could have just as easily made a few Exceed monsters and besides, making more Spell/Traps for the theme seemed...weird :/ Or at least that's how it felt.

the cards are decent, but i cant even begin to seriously look over them due to the fact that those are just pics of real cards with nothing about them changed.... making your own cards should atleast include original pics... or a monster that already exists but altering it or something... not just stealing a real card and making your own....

[quote name='Anthony Lu'Steezy'' timestamp='1305624357' post='5214405']
the cards are decent, but i cant even begin to seriously look over them due to the fact that those are just pics of real cards with nothing about them changed.... making your own cards should atleast include original pics... or a monster that already exists but altering it or something... not just stealing a real card and making your own....
[/quote]

I didn't steal anything. :/ I'm just a horrible artist, and I specifically said that I was using the Advanced Crystal Beast pics and and that thier quality was horrible <_< even for a somewhat picky person like me. I guess the effects are a bit bland because they ARE just powered up versions of the Crystal Beast monsters. If I really wanted to make some [i]Original[/i] support, I would have done something like this:
[spoiler=Rainbow Flash]
[img]http://img863.imageshack.us/img863/3127/67897r.jpg[/img]
Lore:Place up to 2 "Crystal Beast" monsters with different names from your Deck in your Spell & Trap Card Zone. While this card is in your Graveyard, you can remove it from play and discard 1 "Crystal Beast" monster from your hand to draw 1 card.
[/spoiler]

But this card isn't in this set, therefore you don't have to rate it or comment on it, unless you want to.

As for the errors...>.< I'll have to fix those anyway.

Fixed Eagle

Archived