DN is down?

Lucy Lied

http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:52 am by Black Luster Soldier

It appears that someone from Konami has filed a DMCA on Dueling Network. The server provider was required to take down the site until this can be resolved.

Please stay calm during this time. I am working on contacting Konami and am hoping they will be reasonable about resolving this issue. I do not know how long this will take.

- BLS

BKSS

First Sega attack Bombergames, and now this! Konami are just bitter that nobody wants to spend money on their lame ass version of online dueling when better, free versions exist. At least they have no way of stopping YVD, since you can play via peer to peer connections.

screw you konami!!!

I just want to repeat, no user should do anything rash.

I was never personally contacted about the DCMA by Konami. For all I know it was a false DCMA provided by an imposter who fooled the server provider. I am trying to get to the bottom of this, do not make any assumptions or take any rash actions.

- BLS

an imposter!?! so was it not konami? i need to invetigate further

I am trying to get the server provider who put the server back up on the grounds that there isn't convincing evidence that it was even Konami who filed the DMCA.

Hold on a little longer, hopefully they will put it back up.

- BLS

had he nearly done it???

It appears that someone from Konami has filed a DMCA on Dueling Network. The server provider was required to take down the site until this can be resolved.

:s

Ok... here comes a very childish rant...

F**** YOU KONAMI YOU WA*****S WHY THE HELL DID YOU TAKE DUEL NETWORK DOWN YOU STUPID A******S

I'm not playing Yugioh online. If Duel Network is down forever, I'll be f***ing PISSED OFF

im a yugioh fan though and though

no matter what komani does

ill still but they cards still play the games

and matter fact im looking on ebay for a couple of cheap duel disks

yugioh is a great game its a good strategy game make you think and stuff unlike shooter games

i do not care what people think or say i like yugioh i like the game it fun to do if other people do not like its their own problem

Guest Tristan T. Taylor

:s

Ok... here comes a very childish rant...

F**** YOU KONAMI YOU WA*****S WHY THE HELL DID YOU TAKE DUEL NETWORK DOWN YOU STUPID A******S

I'm not playing Yugioh online. If Duel Network is down forever, I'll be f***ing PISSED OFF

Dude, seeing as Konami are a large corporate company, odds are to maintain their reputation (Don't deny that it isn't terrible) they would have notified the owner of DN beforehand, and asked them to remove it, before filing a DMCA claim. So, it is likely it's an imposter, like *insert simulators I have little-to-no knowledge of here*.

Objection.gif

1-ani-edgeworth-deskslam.gif

Your Honor, this topic and argument in it make no sense. It's simply not possible that Konami was the one who forced the shutdown of Dueling Network. There are 3 main reasons for that:

1-ani-edgeworth-document.gif

First of all, Konami is big and serious company. Yes, I know that some people might laugh at the "serious" part. Anyways, a big company like that wouldn't just fill out DMCA right off the bat. Instead, they'd ask BLS to shut down Dueling Network. As a proof of that, there is another dueling simulator, DMG.

1-ani-edgeworth-finger-tap.gif

Second proof are other duel simulators, like YVD or Yugioh Network. They all serve the same purpose as DN. Were they ever sued? No they weren't

1-ani-edgeworth-sup-wit-dat.gif

The finald reason is popularity. While Konami might not be getting money from unofficial dueling simulators, they increase game's popularity and possiblity that people will buy more cards in real life.

1-ani-edgeworth-zoom.gif

That leads us to 1 and only conclusion. That the defendant, Konami, is not guilty!

Also, I got negged again bringing my total to -91... again. it'll be -89 by tommorow.

WHY DOES THAT ALWAYS HAPPEN?

There is a certain Section for everything. You can only complain about Konami in the TCG Sections. ;D

And Miles Edgeworth speaks the truth, this jury man is convinced.

Archived