Number 11: Big Eye

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Okami - Shiranui' timestamp='1313451575' post='5446084']
[b]Except Kaito is epic as all sh*t, and his ace, Garakushi-aizo Foton Doragon, is just as epic[/b].

OT: I can actually go into this fairly easily with Debris + Poke Dra.
[/quote]

So true.

I expect that Kaito will use different Numbers in his other duels. He's got at least 12, although it is amusing that we only know he has Numbers 10, 20, and 56, all of which are horrible.

And he claimed one Number from Jin, so he's got to have a good one at this rate.

I assumed he chose Brilli-Ant because it has the ability to extend past 2000 ATK, letting him crash reliably through defenders and Summon Galaxy-Eyes. It should have boosted all monsters in the anime, not just itself. Then it would have been even more logical, since he could boost Number 10 to 2700/3000.

In my eyes, Kaito trumps Shark in badass (like this is hard to guess), and since Shark was really high up there...that's quite the acheivement.

[quote name='Okami - Shiranui' timestamp='1313460789' post='5446391']
Revise is better than Brilli-ant.
[/quote]

I wasn't aware Kaito had that. Oh wait, that's because Yuma has it.

Well, yeah, obviously it was for Galaxy-Eyes. I assume the boost was only on itself because otherwise, Illumiknight will reach 2500, and it will make Galaxy-Eyes pointless.

I wonder who'll win in Kaito V.S. Shark, BTW. Shark doesn't have a number, so it's not a "I die if I lose", but at the same time, unless he wins, the plot wouldn't move on.

[quote name='Darkplant - PAIN' timestamp='1313461058' post='5446401']
Well, yeah, obviously it was for Galaxy-Eyes. I assume the boost was only on itself because otherwise, Illumiknight will reach 3000, and it will make Galaxy-Eyes pointless.

I wonder who'll win in Kaito V.S. Shark, BTW. Shark doesn't have a number, so it's not a "I die if I lose", but at the same time, unless he wins, the plot wouldn't move on.
[/quote]

According to Wiki, Kaito wants/tries to steal Yuma's key, and Shark presumably tries to stop him.

I think Shark will lose, because Kaito would need to keep up his reputation as nearly infallible, and thus continue making him a threat to Yuma/Astral. And considering he has at least 12 Numbers, he'll have a massive advantage, even ignoring Black Ray Lancer and Shark's skill.

I do think it'll be closer than Yuma vs Kaito (and Yuma vs Shark), but I don't think Kaito will lose. And they better not pull another "cancel the duel" thing. It's too soon in the series to weaken Kaito's credibility. Hell, episode 10-12 was to rebuild Shark's credibility due to episode 2.

But if Kaito wins, I wonder how exactly this will keep him from acquiring the Emperor's Key, unless Shark is just stalling him.

Tbh, I think Shark is gonna win. I he lost, the Key would be forfeit. Furthermore, this could be a source of hope for Astral and Yuma. Sharks gonna what's GEPD (Derp) and somehow overpower it, and the Yuma uses [s]Evolkaiser Rafia[/s] Shock Ruler to overcome it in Shark's example.

.. Pun/not/ intended.

[quote name='Okami - Shiranui' timestamp='1313462881' post='5446470']
Kaito seems to have a similar resilience to said manipulation, much like Yuma does (although, that's mainly due to Astral's presence). So he's not necessarily as predictable.
[/quote]

Kaito also does that "Duel Mode, Photon Change" thing, which seems needlessly extravagent outside of making his left eye its own D-Gazer and looking cool.

What I meant is Kaito probably sees most Numbers Holders as predictable, due to how fast they try to drop their Numbers.

Thoguh what would really be intresting is if Kaito started losing, but Kaito found some way to get Shark disqualified. Then Yuma promptly beats Kaito.
You could still have the "Yuma fights Kaito on behalf of friendship" resolution, it would bring Shark's story full circle, and the story would make sense. We know that the crowd would beleive Shark cheated because he did it before. According to the manga, Shark isn't above finding skeevy ways to weasel out of deuls when he's losing, and Yuma, knowing Sharks pain, would be motivated to fight an enemy 5 times as strong as he.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1313462985' post='5446473']

Kaito also does that "Duel Mode, Photon Change" thing, which seems needlessly extravagent outside of making his left eye its own D-Gazer and looking cool.

What I meant is Kaito probably sees most Numbers Holders as predictable, due to how fast they try to drop their Numbers.[/quote]
The whole "Photon" thing bs has going is probably just the designers trying to make him more epic.

Ok, I understand that. And you're right. Kaito DID explain that, I'm sure.

[quote name='NumberCruncher' timestamp='1313463095' post='5446478']
Thoguh what would really be intresting is if Kaito started losing, but Kaito found some way to get Shark disqualified. Then Yuma promptly beats Kaito.
You could still have the "Yuma fights Kaito on behalf of friendship" resolution, it would bring Shark's story full circle, and the story would make sense. We know that the crowd would beleive Shark cheated because he did it before. According to the manga, Shark isn't above finding skeevy ways to weasel out of deuls when he's losing, and Yuma, knowing Sharks pain, would be motivated to fight an enemy 5 times as strong as he.
[/quote]
Shark never actually cheated, he merely saw 1 card in the opponent's deck before the duel and was caught on camera. He is WAAAAAY above sleevy ways now.

[quote name='Miror B.' timestamp='1313463334' post='5446483']
Shark never actually cheated, he merely saw 1 card in the opponent's deck before the duel and was caught on camera. He is WAAAAAY above sleevy ways now.
[/quote]

The suggestion was that Kaito would discredit Shark in some way, since he already has a rep as a cheater.

I don't think it's likely, but it's not a bad thought.

[quote name='Miror B.' timestamp='1313463567' post='5446491'] I really can't see Kaito doing something that low.[/quote]

[quote name='Okami - Shiranui' timestamp='1313463823' post='5446502'] Neither can I. We know Kaito's good at heart, from episode 14.[/quote]

But remember, he'll do anything to help his brother, and if Dr. Faker tells him he needs that key to help him, then I could see Kaito doing whatever it takes to win, even if it's underhanded.

[quote name='NumberCruncher' timestamp='1313464460' post='5446524']

But remember, he'll do anything to help his brother, and if Dr. Faker tells him he needs that key to help him, then I could see Kaito doing whatever it takes to win, even if it's underhanded.
[/quote]
I don't know. I can't imagine the designers screwing up that badly. It just doesn't fit Kaito's character.
Also, like Yuma said in episode 18; Kaito is a "scary and powerful guy", though he doesn't really take pleasure in harming others.

Once Yuma gains more than 15 Xyz, I wonder if it'll be mentioned in-universe. They already seem to be holding to RL rules.

Baby Tragon
Number 39
Number 17
Chaos Number 39
Number 34
Number 83
Number 19
Number 61
Number 12
Number 16
Number 11
Number 96 (soon)

So he's still only got 12 Extra Deck cards.

Really, I think 20 should be the new limit.

Archived