[Xyz] Anti-Xyz Xyz Monster?!

Quiksilver

[quote name='GoldenMagicMonkey' timestamp='1313782751' post='5455498']
Why not just make his effect detach all units on the field, and then add a monster with a Level equal to the number of materials detached?

Y'know, so you can compensate for the -2 you just Summoned.
[/quote]

I cant help but feel that would make it overpowered. It'd be easier to just reduce the materials by 1 and leave it a that.

[quote name='KurashiDragon' timestamp='1313783436' post='5455529']

I cant help but feel that would make it overpowered. It'd be easier to just reduce the materials by 1 and leave it a that.
[/quote]

Well, right now I don't think it's fast enough.

Trading Units one at a time, while providing no extra benefit, is not my idea of a proficient card, really.

[quote name='Quiksilver' timestamp='1313782456' post='5455479']
Must be the damn internetz changing what you said to what I interpreted, then. Thanks for the comment.
[/quote]
Sorry for sounding rude or insulting. I honestly had the best of intentions ^^;

How about this:

2 Level 3 Monsters
This card gains 300 ATK for every Xyz Material attached to this card. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; select 1 face-up Xyz monster: detach all Xyz Material from that card. If there are no Xyz Material attached to the selected monster; destroy the card.

Easier summoning, better effect.

[quote name='GoldenMagicMonkey' timestamp='1313783605' post='5455537']

Well, right now I don't think it's fast enough.

Trading Units one at a time, while providing no extra benefit, is not my idea of a proficient card, really.
[/quote]
Which is why I gave my idea of detaching all of the selected monsters units, then Kokonoe gave the attack increase idea, which I'd say would be something like Galaxy Eyes.

And yes, your new version is better ^_^

[quote name='GoldenMagicMonkey' timestamp='1313782751' post='5455498']
Why not just make his effect detach all units on the field, and then add a monster with a Level equal to the number of materials detached?

Y'know, so you can compensate for the -2 you just Summoned.
[/quote]

That's an interesting idea as well, but I'd see that being on a Rank 4, 5, or 6 monster. Hm, ideas, ideas...

[quote name='Ravenous Black' timestamp='1313784495' post='5455570']

Sorry for sounding rude or insulting. I honestly had the best of intentions ^^;
[/quote]

Then, thank you for your help.

[quote name='Quiksilver' timestamp='1313784532' post='5455573']
How about this:

2 Level 3 Monsters
This card gains 300 ATK for every Xyz Material attached to this card. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; select 1 face-up Xyz monster: detach all Xyz Material from that card. If there are no Xyz Material attached to the selected monster; destroy the card.

[/quote]
That is much better, though the drawback seems a bit extraneous. A 2100 ATK monster won't be around much longer, anyways.

[quote name='Ravenous Black' timestamp='1313784703' post='5455583']

That is much better, though the drawback seems a bit extraneous. A 2100 ATK monster won't be around much longer, anyways.
[/quote]

You mean the destruction part? That's doesn't apply to your card, it applies to the enemy's Xyz monster you selected.

...that makes it LESS bettur D:

Card pic is shweet.
Effect is kewl, but I think it'd be better if it gained attack every time it detached an xyz material

IDK, I suck at the metagame.

But changing it from 3 to 2 monsters makes it loads better already.

:3

Interestin idea, and nice job tho :3

[quote name='Ravenous Black' timestamp='1313784894' post='5455592']
Oh, okay, I completely misread that.

Then it looks fine, though, in retrospect, maybe change the ATK gain to 200. High ATK + Ease of summon (In this case, Tour Guide) is why Goyo was hit.
[/quote]

Yeah, good idea.

[quote name='=DL=' timestamp='1313784962' post='5455594']
...that makes it LESS bettur D: [b]The newer effect, you mean?[/b]

Card pic is shweet.
Effect is kewl, but I think it'd be better if it gained attack every time it detached an xyz material [b]ANOTHER interesting idea! Man, you guys are full of 'em.[/b]

IDK, I suck at the metagame. [b]So do I. :P[/b]

But changing it from 3 to 2 monsters makes it loads better already. [b]Agreed.[/b]

:3

Interestin idea, and nice job tho :3 [b]Thank you very much. :D[/b]
[/quote]

[quote name='Miror B.' timestamp='1313784600' post='5455575']
Which is why I gave my idea of detaching all of the selected monsters units, then Kokonoe gave the attack increase idea, which I'd say would be something like Galaxy Eyes.

[/quote]

But that's taking an already existing card and paint it in black. D:[quote name='Quiksilver' timestamp='1313784532' post='5455573']
How about this:

2 Level 3 Monsters

[/quote]
[img]http://www.narutoscene.com/pictures/rock-lee-thumb-03312009.jpg[/img]

Tour Guide can now be Anti-Meta. YUS

[quote name='GoldenMagicMonkey' timestamp='1313785324' post='5455609']

But that's taking an already existing card and paint it in black. D:
[img]http://www.narutoscene.com/pictures/rock-lee-thumb-03312009.jpg[/img]

Tour Guide can now be Anti-Meta. YUS
[/quote]

Don't know how quite to respond to this...

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Quiksilver' timestamp='1313779663' post='5455369']
[center][center] [/center][/center]
[center][center]

[/center][/center]
[center][center] [/center][/center]
[center][center][size=4]A Xyz Monster that works to stop Xyzs? Impossible![/size]

[img]http://i52.tinypic.com/2vls1sk.png[/img]

[size=4]{Going to be the new) Lore: 2 Level 3 Monsters[/size]
This card gains 200 ATK for every Xyz Material attached to this card. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; select 1 face-up Xyz monster: detach all Xyz Materials attached to that card. If there are no Xyz Material attached to the selected monster when you activate this effect; destroy the selected card.

So, hate/rate/raeg. The works.

[/quote]
but how to make the xyz cards[/center][/center]

[center][center]When I heard this, I was hoping to see a Rank 4 Fiend holding a scythe that shut off Xyz Summons. (See: Dark Highlander, the 2800 Lv. 8 Synchro's that stops Synchro's.)
[/center][/center]
[center][center]Yet, good card is good. The requirements do indeed kill it, but it is a very nicely thought up effect.
[/center][/center]
[center][center]EDIT: The quote in the Post above screws me. The card is great now :P
[/center][/center]

Archived