[img]http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo261/AisuGhost/09.jpg[/img]

Lists of Host & Co-Hosts:[list]
[*]Host - Chaos Sonic
[*]Co-Host #1 -
[*]Co-Host #2 - Shooting Star Dragon
[/list]
[spoiler=The Catch Up]
A Two Week Passage!

The small assault from the Templars failed and the Assassins still came out on top. But with this two week rest, both sides are ready to get back to what's important: Locating a Piece of Eden. But before Matt and the other Assassins can do anything, they must first split up to rescue they're fellow brother, Jason.

Will the plan be a success? Only they're efforts will tell...[/spoiler]

New York City, this was the place where Abstergo Industries had fallen three years prior, but as it returns the Assassins have been gathered in an abandoned warehouse with an underground base. And thus, this is where the continuation of this long war, shall continue.

[i][color=#800000]Keep running, just keep running!! [/color][/i]Matt Mercer though as he leaped over another building to its closer neighbor. He continued running on the roofs of buildings, heading towards a small white line with a checkered banner above it. [color=#800000]"Almost there...I might just make it!!" [/color]he exclaimed as he jumped from the building's roof, quickly grabbing the side of the building and scaling it all the way to the bottom. As he reached the ground, he quickly jumped away from the building landing on the ground without being scathed. Matt looked up and then rushed towards the "finish line" as it looked like. [color=#800000]"And I now have the highest time rec-" [/color]he stopped short after he quickly tripped over his own feet and landed on his face. He quickly got up and crossed the line, but hearing a loud "wah-wah" sound. Then as Matt looked around, everything began to collapse and started looking like data.

Matt then lifted the helmet of the Animus 4.0 and stood up, sighing. [color=#800000]"Dang it...stupid Animus...I tripped over my own feet and I miss beating the previous record by 5 seconds!" [/color]He looked at another person near him, Jason Steele. [color=#800000]"I-I take it you saw that??" [/color]Matt asked, with a nervous look.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[left][left]Jason chuckled [color=#ff0000]"Correct. Now, I believe that you forgot to train in combat? Allow me to demonstrate."[/color] Jason stated as he took the helmet from Matt as he removed the hood from his head and put the helmet on his own head. The TV screen nearby showed what Jason was seeing [color=#ff0000]"Remember that this is my first time in the Animus."[/color] he stated as the setting changed to the outside of the warehouse, Templars in present time clothing and armor and weapons appeared. Jason activated the hidden blades on his arms as he ran in. Stabbing the first two in the face and stabbing the third in the back and jumping over him, just dodging a bullet from another one which killed a fourth. Pointing the hidden blade on his right arm in the direction of the one that tried to shoot him. With a flick of his fingers, that Templar was shot by the hidden gun. [color=#ff0000]"Five."[/color] he stated as he unsheathed the Sword of Altaïr, a group of Templars unsheathed knives as they ran towards him. Jason smiled at this,[/left][/left]
[center][center] [/center][/center]
[center][center][b][u]Later[/u][/b]
[/center][/center]
[left][left][color=#ff0000]"A streak of two-hundred. As you can observe, Matt, the less you train in the Animus, the more you learn."[/color] Jason explained as he switched to the obstacle course, this one being the setting of rooftops in New York City. He observed it before the clock started, coming up with a fairly good strategy in seconds. Templar guards began appearing from rooftop-to-rooftop. He spotted two of them as he smiled. He unsheathed the Sword of Altaïr as spun it around in his left hand as the clock began. He began running it with supreme speed, catching a guard by surprise, causing him to fall off the rooftop to his death. Another he sliced the head clean off of which landed in front of another Templar and scared him to the point of jumping off the building. With more maneuvers of killing, jumping and climbing, Jason then jumped clear off a building and rolled as he hit the ground, protecting him from injury, he rolled onto his face as he continued running, passing the finish line, beating the record by 30 seconds. He removed the helmet and placed the hood back on [color=#ff0000]"How was that in your opinion?"[/color] he asked.

[/left][/left]

Matt looked at the Animus screen and then back at Jason. [color=#800000]"In my opinion...flawless." [/color]he said rubbing the back of his head. He didn't place his hood back on, mainly cause he didn't feel like having it on when he was inside the base. [color=#800000]"I guess, my whole train an hour in the Animus to test my abilities after I trained normally isn't exactly going how I planned it. Probably should've tried to find out how my brother trained...maybe that way it would've helped me become a better assassin." [/color]Matt sighed as he looked at the Animus.

[color=#ff0000]"Why thank you."[/color] Jason responded, then he heard the mention of training an hour inside the animus after normal [color=#ff0000]"That is quite the unwise decision, the Templars in the Animus are much weaker compared to those in the real world, so from this day forward, I recommend you attempt to only train outside of the Animus."[/color] Jason explained, then he heard the mention of Matt's brother [color=#ff0000]"Ah yes, your brother, a fine Assassin he was, a shame his end came so soon, now then, I believe it is your turn for combat mode?"[/color] he asked as he offered the helmet to Matt [color=#ff0000]"Yes I realize this may go against what I just said, but there are no real Templars nearby."[/color]

[color=#800000]"I-I understand..." [/color]Matt said with a sigh, as he took the Animus helmet. He then sat down and was sent into the Animus, the stealth killing training. A group a people appeared and a Templar with his back turned was standing near him. [color=#800000][i]Alright here we go... [/i][/color]Matt thought as he walked through the crowd of people, then activating the Hidden Blade he had on his left arm. He quickly put his hand on the Templar's mouth and stabbed him in the back. As he let go, he slowly walked back into the crowd. [color=#800000]"Alright, finally got it down." [/color]he said as he saw two more Templar appearing as the world around him changed.

"YOU STOP THERE!!" one of them said, drawing their sword.

Matt pulled out his short blade/hidden dagger, and then smirked a little. [color=#800000]"Let's dance!" [/color]he said as he slashed at the first Templar first, quickly dodging his counter attack. In return, Matt stabbed the blade into the Templar's chest and then quickly liberated his sword, beginning to fence with the second Templar.

"This is where you're life ends!" he yelled, struck at Matt.

He quickly rebounded and then slashed him, watching him die. [color=#800000]"So, how was that??"[/color]

[color=#ff0000]"Not bad, but attempt at using more speed."[/color] Jason stated as he walked to the computer nearby and increased the number of Templars and changed the 'Templar Respawn' switch from 'No' to 'Yes', along with the maximum kill streak to 100, but leaving the difficulty at 'Easy' [color=#ff0000]"Now, try that."[/color] Jason stated as another 10 Templars appeared in the Animus [color=#ff0000]"Not what my settings were, but try that."[/color] Jason stated as he sat down in a chair near the computer as he watched Matt's actions from the TV screen, awaiting his next move.

[color=#000000]Overlooking the city of New York, Odin stood silently amongst the rooftops, observing the populace around him and keeping an eye out for the known Assassins. Erin was at his side, but whereas Odin seemed to be calm (he may have had a stern look on his face, but it was impossible to tell through that helmet of his), it took almost every ounce of Erin's mental strength to contain the anger within her. Perhaps this meant that she sensed something amiss, and that something triggered it off.[/color]

[color=#4B0082]"They're out there, aren't they?" [/color][color=#000000]Erin asked herself aloud, [/color][color=#4B0082]"Hiding in plain sight like cowards. I just want the damned things dead already!"[/color]

[color=#800000]"Calm down, sister," [/color][color=#000000]Odin stated simply, [/color][color=#800000]"Now isn't the time to let your rage run wild."[/color]

[color=#4b0082]"Well I can't help that!"[/color][color=#000000] Erin shouted at her brother, [/color][color=#4b0082]"You know that more than I do!"[/color]

[color=#800000]​"Touché,"[/color][color=#000000] Odin turned back to the populace below, continuing to scout for Assassins, [/color][color=#800000]"You still have all the time to harness that anger. In the meantime, it's imperative that we focus on finding them."[/color]

"Hey guys, try not to get too excited. As much as the Animus is realistic and incredible for doing do, it is still only virtual reality. We must remember that and try not to get ahead of ourselves." A stern voice said as it's owner came into the room, Arn Smith. "Jason's right, Matt, and he provs my point. The Animus, though realistic, isn't reality. Grab some dumbells or do a bi of free running. But what astounds me..." Then the tall man walked over to Jason with a smile. "...is that on your first go 200 Templars. Amazing." Arn patted the man on the back as he looked over to Matt, his voice thoguh stern still friendly. "Matt, you're quite young. I don't expect you to become a Grand Master over night. However, do take your time. You will get there one day, so keep on training, preferably outside the Animus, and you'll excel." Arn wasn't this friendly with most of the Assassins, but these two he had opened up to; he didn't see why he should give them a cold shoulder. He trusts them.

Arm walked towards the door, waving goodbye to the boys as he walked into his garage-like lab, picking up a vial of a strange silver fluid. Clearing an extire desk surface of junk with his one hand, the other plced the vial gently under a micropscope as he saw how the material worked. "Hmm...it seems unharmed, no disturbance in the chemical balance. I'm glad too..." After looking away from the microscope and over at an empty pedastol, he thought aloud "That Templar stole not only my precious Giga-steel alloy, but the Battle Suit as well, along with it's blueprints. It would have been a difference maker...oh well, I need to work." And by placing a typical hotel 'Do Not Disturb' sign on the doorknob, he closed the door behind him and began to continue his research, searching for a singe flaw in the alloy which he knew was there.

Jason nodded in Arn's direction approvingly. [color=#ff0000]"(Hmmm, not my wisest decision to wear my armor underneath my robes.)"[/color] Jason thought as he walked into another room, coming out in just a few short minutes with it on the outside of his robes. The Armor of Altaïr going perfectly with robes that matched those of Altaïr himself. He also removed the cape on his right shoulder, the only difference between him an Altaïr's appearances were now the facial, muscular and the fact Jason was not missing his ring finger. Although some would believe they're seeing a ghost.

Matt didn't exactly beat the 200 Templar, more like he beat 20 of them...before running off. Then he finally decided to return from the Animus, but having heard what Jason and Arn said, it got him discouraged. [color=#800000][i]I only work in the Animus an hour...and the rest of the time I'm out here actually training...why is it I can't accomplish this? [/i][/color]he thought as he walked from the Animus chamber and into a small workout chamber. Matt sat down and watched the other assassin's training, feeling like his training wasn't really going anywhere...just where he was at.

Rondine was standing in the corner... [color=#0000ff]'It feels odd being out of the Animus and away from Abstergo'[/color] He said to himself he turned to Matt[color=#0000ff] 'Take a break trust me, I've been in there to long and it changes you, makes you slightly crazy, so to speak'[/color] He realized how stupid that sounded with his Italian accent. He headed toward some blocks and metal railings, He ran up toward the wall, he took two steps up the box' side and reached above him for the top of the box. He Pulled himself up [i][color="#0000ff"]Remember Free-Running is all about momentum. [/color][/i] When he was on top of the final box he jump and grabbed the metal railings, after pulling himself up he ran across it to the corner of the roof that he had made his home.

[color=#800000]"Well, it seems like no matter what I try...I'm just not reaching John's level of assassin." [/color]Matt said, replying to Rondine. He shrugged and then looked at the target behind him and then quickly stood up and threw three knives at the target, them hitting the area around the middle center of the target. [color=#800000]"Dang it...I have to be better!!" [/color]he said as he threw three more knives at the target, one of them actually hitting the center ring. [color=#800000]"YES! Now if I can just get better aim, I'll be able to be another step closer in becoming a better assassin!!"[/color]

Rondine heard continuous shouts of joy or anger, he couldn't tell which, so much so he was getting frustrated [color=#0000ff]I[i] could just talk to him but this way's more fun. [/i][/color]He said to himself as he attached a note to a knife and throw it at the target hitting it dead in the center the letter read [color=#0000ff]'Please Shut Up! I'm tired if you don't the next target will be your head dot dot dot Smily face'[/color] He headed toward his makeshift bed and lied down and closed his eyes.

As he expected as soon as his eye's were closed he was back in the animus doing a kill streak training. The over exposure to the animus had somehow left a connection between the animus at Abstergo and him. He knew the Templars could see that he was in the animus and communicate with him and if they were very good hackers find his location. [color=#0000ff][i]55 kill streak[/i][/color] he said to himself, then the program froze. [color=#ff8c00]'Rondine we need you back at Abstergo, you're are most valued subject.'[/color] a robotic female voice said [color=#ff8c00]'If you don't I guess i'll have to come and find you'[/color] and as usual by this point Rondine is awake. [color=#0000ff][i]When will it stop!?[/i][/color]

Matt read the note and then smiled nervously. [color=#800000]"S-Sorry..." [/color]he said before grabbing his knives and then finally putting them away in the pouches under his hoodie. [color=#800000][i]I have to work harder...harder than I have. I would make this easy on myself and use the Animus until the bleeding effect happens...but the others said its not a great idea. [/i][/color]he thought sighing. Matt looked at his necklace and then shook his head. [color=#800000]"No...John wouldn't want me to use the Animus as a crutch. I'm gonna have to train like everyone else...the way my brother would've wanted." [/color]he said, as he quickly dashed over towards the wall and started scaling it, jumping away from it only to catch a nearby pipe. Matt watched the other assassins do it, so he knew it wasn't hard. He began to swing from it and then finally flew off it, rolling safely on the ground. [color=#800000]"T-That wasn't hard at all..."[/color]

After his episode in his dream he got up and walked about the beams to see Matt practicing his free-running, he watched as he finally swung of the beam [color=#0000ff]'Basta, Basta Assassino [/color][color=#000080](Enough, Enough Assassin)[/color][color=#0000ff] You are good ignore what you see the others of us doing if you were to go to Abstergo you would,amico mio [/color][color=#000080](My friend)[/color][color=#0000ff], be the best there by miles...'[/color] He said approaching the same beam[color=#0000ff] 'You need to let it flow more, relax, like this'[/color] he ran toward the pole jumped and swung over the pole until he was standing on top next he jumped to a box and then finally jumped off the box, hit the ground and collapsed into a roll to avoid injury. [color=#0000ff]'Capito? Buona fortuna[/color][color=#000080](Understand? Good luck)[/color][color=#0000ff] now try it'[/color]

Matt watched Rondine and then quickly nodded. He ran towards the wall and scaled it again, doing the same maneuver as he did previous. [color=#800000][i]Alright, relax...and do what Rondine did. [/i][/color]he thought quickly swung on the pipe and then went upside down and then stood up on the pipe. [color=#800000]"Y-Yeah...it worked! And now...we do this." [/color]Matt said as he jumped over towards the box and missed it, but quickly grabbed the edge of it with his hand. He struggled a little and quickly climbed up on the box. [color=#800000]"O-OK...I'm gonna stay up here for sec...to catch my breath..." [/color]he said as he looked back down at Rondine.

[color=#0000ff]'Va bene, no preoccuparvi (alright no problem) again'[/color] he said thinking through what he Matt needs to improve [color=#0000ff]'You need to improve that standing jump'[/color] he said jumping grabbing the beam and flipping onto it and jumping across to where he was[color=#0000ff] 'You need to use your arms more... And your stamina needs improving, i can help you train if you want...any way again'[/color] Rondine said pushing Matt back down. He climbed to have himself a better vantage point. He closed his eyes and a face appeared a female face...it was talking to him in silence he wanted to break free but her couldn't so he ended up having to listen to it [color=#ff8c00][i]We are on our way![/i] [/color]and with that he returned back to the real world...
[color=#0000ff]'They're coming!'[/color] he shouted [color=#0000ff]'Templars, they're coming!'[/color] he said climbing around trying to alert the others. [color=#0000ff][i]What have i done? Figlio d'un cane!(Son of a B**ch)[/i][/color]

[color=#800000]"Wait what? The Templar found us? H-How in the heck did they even know our location?" [/color]Matt asked as he jumped off the box and then grabbed the pipe, swinging off it as he landed rolling on the ground. He took off in a sprint as he caught up to Rondine, who really looked upset. [color=#800000][i]How does he know the Templar found us? C-Could it be the side effects from the Abstergo incident he told us about before?? [/i][/color]Matt thought, looking over at Rondine. [color=#800000]"Rondine, how did they find us? I mean this base is underground and all...how could they have possibly found out our HQ's location??" [/color]he said as the two of them ran.

[color=#0000ff]'I'll tell you later amico mio, for now we need to worry about running or about arming ourselves...'[/color] He said starting to curse continuously in italian [color=#0000ff]'Fottiti Abstergo (F*** you Abstergo)'[/color] he repeated over and over again. He ran upto where he placed all his stuff briskly equipping his blade and belting his daggers. He started pacing the beams overhead of everyone else. [color=#0000ff][i]How could they find me i stayed safe never in the animus for over an hour..how the f*** did this happen!?[/i] 'Is everyone ready for a fight?'[/color] he shouted [color=#0000ff]'[/color][size=2][color=#0000ff]Coz i'm not...'[/color][size=4] saying the last words aside from everyone else.[/size][/size]

[color=#0000ff][size=2][size=4][i]This is all my fault after this no one will ever trust me and then i guess it's back to abstergo subject 24.[/i][/size][/size][/color]

Matt looked at Rondine and backed away a little when he asked if everyone was ready for a fight. In truth, Matt wasn't ready for a fight. Sure he had beaten some Templars in the Animus, but this was actually happening...he wasn't sure he was ready for this. [color=#800000][i]I-I could say no...and just not follow him. But, part of me is telling me I HAVE to go... [/i][/color]he thought, looking at his hands, which were shaking a little. [color=#800000][i]No! If I'm an assassin, I have to be ready for the challenge! [/i][/color]Matt put his hood over his head and then scaled the wall and lept over to where Rondine stood, with ease. [color=#800000]"I'm game..."[/color]

Jason wasn't too alarmed with this [color=#ff0000]"If they're coming, we simply need to kill every last Templar that comes, so that none may know where we are. That is, if we can't fool them that there's no one else here. I'll go up alone, the rest of you, stay here unless I call for backup."[/color] Jason explained before he took an elevator to the first floor. The elevator made a 180 degree turn, the wall being a fake door. He walked out of the warehouse door and waited. The Armor of Altair lightly shaking in the wind. Jason pulled his hood up as he awaited.

[color=#800000]"Jason!" [/color]Matt said as he watched him walk off and say he was going it alone. [color=#800000]"Sorry, but I'm helping..." [/color]he said as he quickly jumped from the ledge he was on and then to the wall where he slowly fell as he held on to the wall as he did. Matt made it to the ground and he quickly ran after Jason. [color=#800000][i]Helping my fellow assassins...it isn't in the creed, but I know my brother would've defied that just to help them! [/i][/color]he said as he ran until he got to the elevator, and got to the first floor. He exited the elevator and saw Jason, slightly annoyed at this. [color=#800000]"Look I want to help..."[/color]

[color=#ff0000]"Very well, but for now, wait on the inside of the warehouse, if a battle starts, then come out."[/color] Jason explained without looking at Matt. He saw a fairly large boulder nearby and walked towards it, picking it up with one hand, but barely [color=#ff0000]"Hmmmm, not my preferred weight, but it will do, about one-hundred-and-fifty pounds. A shame there isn't one that's two-hundred nearby."[/color] Jason thought out loud as he used both hands to carry it back to his original position, setting it down then sitting on it. Continuing to await the Templars.

Matt nodded and stayed where he was, hoping Jason was going to be alright. Even thought he was older than Jason, he thought of him as sort of a mentor, after all he had been doing this assassin thing ever since he was born. While Matt, well he just begun not to long ago. [color=#800000][i]John...I'll make you proud. If things get bad, I'll do what I can to help Jason out. [/i][/color]he thought as he looked at his hidden blade gauntlet and smiled. [color=#800000]"I'll do it...I'll become a master assassin before they know it."[/color]

[color=#000000]The two siblings had just gone into their separate ways. Odin returned back the way he came, but Erin decided to continue forth, eager to see if she could kill any of the heads of the Assassin's Creed. She immediately began climbing a high-rise building, seeing this as her best vantage point, and a perfect position for sniping unsuspecting Assassins.[/color]

[color=#000000]Meanwhile, Odin looked behind him again, to see that Erin had continued onwards rather than follow him.[/color]

[color=#800000]"I do hope she knows what she's doing,"[/color][color=#000000] he sighed.[/color]

Archived