Official Zexal Dub Discussion and Complaint Thread

Astro Dude

Duel Tech  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which Duel Tech would you prefer?

• Hologram Projectors
    • Virtual Reality
    • Augmented Reality
  2. 2. Do you think parents would approve of a 13 year old girl wearing a very short skirt?

• Yes
    • No

This was done for 5d's so why not do it for Zexal.

Discuss or complain about the dub of Zexal, which is coming October 15th as I recently found out. Read this and see.

[url="http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-09-27/yu-gi-oh-zexal-to-premiere-on-toonzai-on-october-15"]http://www.animenews...i-on-october-15[/url]

I'd be a bit surprised if Veronica Taylor was Yuma Tukumo.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='~Burning Soul~' timestamp='1317229192' post='5545815']
yes they were, they had a lawsuit filed against them, but they got it lifted, then there was something about bankruptcy too
[/quote]
Why do have to explain this in every thread?

The lawsuit hasn't been lifted, it's on hold because 4kids' bankruptcy. You can't sue a company if it goes bankrupt.

[quote name='Astro Dude' timestamp='1317243792' post='5546218']
And you might be right. But then again it could be part of the pattern: Yugi keeps his name: Judai had his changed, Yusei kept his name so maybe Yuma will have his changed.
[/quote]
not what i was hinting at, i was hinting at the part of the name starting with [b]Yu[/b] - Yugi, Yuki, Yusei, and Yuma, all had those names in the Japanese so Yuma will stay Yuma in the dub. but his last name will be changed

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1317242282' post='5546160']
The lawsuit hasn't been lifted, it's on hold because 4kids' bankruptcy. You can't sue a company if it goes bankrupt.
[/quote]
*can't argue, have to agree with post [size=1][size=2]whilst Q4E[/size]*[/size]

The lawsuit against 4Kids is currently happening in court as we speak, actually. The delay already came and passed.

Also, apparently 5D's was dropped for bad ratings, just like every 4Kids dubbed anime that isn't Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters.

@Tori Meadows: TBQH, since I wouldn't have expected them to completely keep the name, I'm satisfied with that.

[quote name='burnpsy' timestamp='1317246531' post='5546310']
The lawsuit against 4Kids is currently happening in court as we speak, actually. The delay already came and passed.[/quote]
Hm...that's even weirder. I just popped into Youtube and there are 2-3 videos that say 4kids won because they're dubbing ZeXal. -__-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPs3u5vT_iI

Also, if 5ds got such bad ratings wouldn't you think that Zexal would do good?

Archived