Official Zexal Dub Discussion and Complaint Thread

Astro Dude

Duel Tech  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which Duel Tech would you prefer?

• Hologram Projectors
    • Virtual Reality
    • Augmented Reality
  2. 2. Do you think parents would approve of a 13 year old girl wearing a very short skirt?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just realized that Flip is not a terrible dub name, since Tokunosuke's name means "opposite" (or at least a piece of it does). Also, seeing as he was always yapping on about opposites and such in episode 5, it's not terribly bad to hear him talking about nearly the same thing in the dub. Being a minor character doesn't hurt that fact either, since we won't see him around very often.

And his dub voice is actually [b]better[/b] than his voice in the original anime, like Astral's. So that's 2 good dub voices out of how many? I lost count.

[quote name='ケニヨン • ボリンガー' timestamp='1321245808' post='5640102']
I just realized that Flip is not a terrible dub name, since Tokunosuke's name means "opposite" (or at least a piece of it does). Also, seeing as he was always yapping on about opposites and such in episode 5, it's not terribly bad to hear him talking about nearly the same thing in the dub. Being a minor character doesn't hurt that fact either, since we won't see him around very often.

And his dub voice is actually [b]better[/b] than his voice in the original anime, like Astral's. So that's 2 good dub voices out of how many? I lost count.
[/quote]
Flip fits the character, but I still hate it becuase it's such a stupid name.

[quote name='Astro Dude' timestamp='1321286356' post='5640867']
Hmmm. Here's a little food for thought:

What if # 83 had a human form?
[/quote]

A little theory:
When Numbers were scattered all over the place, they were probably shapeless memories of Astral.
-Robin's issue is with the lack of freedom his mother gives him. Then he finds the Number in the floor, and it adopts the form of his mother.
-Astral's only remaining memory represented the only feeling inside him "Hope" (Utopia is a really stupid change, I still call it Hope). Also, the card's effect was able to fit the situation perfectly. It's not that Yuma's Deck was made to randomly fit the Xyz he didn't previously have, it was that Hope's ability became the so needed missing piece of the puzzle combo using otherwise useless cards.

[quote name='ケニヨン • ボリンガー' timestamp='1321303858' post='5641506']
Robin's mom is the human form of #83.
[/quote]
Oh, right. I bet she'll communicate telepathically. That would be something.

Also, will 4kids lengthen Cathy's skirt like they did Tori's?

[quote name='Astro Dude' timestamp='1321398957' post='5644864']
There are crazy old cat ladies:
Rarity Unicorn has only one cat.
Cathy is not old but she has cats and she's crazy.
Anyone just an old cat lady?
[/quote]
so by that, that could mean:
[img]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100501184719/simpsons/images/thumb/d/d1/Crazycatlady.jpg/200px-Crazycatlady.jpg[/img]

is Cathy's Grandma?

Mind =/= Blown

[quote name='Astro Dude' timestamp='1321362446' post='5643281']Will 4kids lengthen Cathy's skirt like they did Tori's?
[/quote]

Her awesome dress she wore when she dueled Yuma is long enough, so I doubt 4Kids will change it. But her school uniform is an obvious edit, just like Tori's and every other girls' uniform.

[spoiler=What happened in Episode 6]Recap of Episode 5.

Tori and Bronk know Photoshop terms and act like stalkers.

Flip gets Mind Crushed.

Yuma is totally gay for Astral.

Observation #9: Glasses are hip.[/spoiler]

Also, I think Robin in Episode 7/8 is gonna be voiced by Dan Green. Robin in the dub preview DOES sound a hell of a lot like Yugi.

Archived