• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Chance Furlong

Chance Furlong

Well, well, well...Whose first?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,027 posts
For all who have seen Deadliest Warrior, this thread is going to be very similar to that.

Objective: To pit two decks, archtypes, combos, etc. against each other and see how they would fare against each other, if it is unfair advantage or if there are some strange combos that both could do. After a week, the discussion will move on to two other decks, archtypes, combos, etc. like episodes. Only club members can PM me about archtypes or decks they want to pit against each other. These requests will put on a "hold" list.

How can members join?

Application

Members

Discussion Hold

Current Discussion

Posted Image

Gishki Strengths

Laval

WHO?!

IS?!

DEADLIEST?!

145uh0.png

MortalKombatSmoke

MortalKombatSmoke

STILL The Official Ninja of YCM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts
User Name: MortalKombatSmoke
Favorite:
Archtype: Gishki
Spell: Gishki Aquamirror
Trap: Imperial Iron Wall
Monster: Warrior of Atlantis

Least Favorite:
Archtype: Six Samurai
Spell: Burden of the Mighty
Trap: Bad Reaction to Simochi
Monster: Exodia

Chance Furlong

Chance Furlong

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,027 posts
Accepted. So what's your stand?

145uh0.png

MortalKombatSmoke

MortalKombatSmoke

STILL The Official Ninja of YCM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts
Well, in Pure Gishki vs. Pure Laval, Gishki obviously stands as the dominant force with its mass recycling and easily obtainable boss cards, which the lavals by themselves cannot compete against.

HOWEVER in Pure Gishki vs. Flamelavals, Lavals and Flames, especially in decks that focus on the 200 DEF, take an advantage over pure gishkis. I know it seems like a longshot but I know from experience that Lavals with Flames are a force to be reckoned with even WITH Gishkis.

Tainted Gishki (as I call them) vs. Flamelavals, Gishki, once again, comes up dominant. Gishkis are suprisingly adaptable to certain cards like heros and lightsworns which makes them a strong force on the battlefield against lavals.

so overall I say that Gishki's are the winners.

Shizuku Oikawa

Shizuku Oikawa

Nobody likes Alfonso. ( ゚^゚)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,744 posts
Chihaya Kisaragi

And on the issue, at first I would have chose Gishki, but now I might I have to actually have to see the two Decks Duel each other, different playstyles, and Deck variants, because I have been recently hearing that Lavals are getting more and more power recently.

Posted Image

previous Siggy into one spoiler

Chance Furlong

Chance Furlong

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,027 posts
Added! :)

As for the Gishki vs. Laval, it seems that both decks are an "unfair" match up against each other. Lavals seem to use banish plays so many time and build up their Grave so quickly that Rekindling overpowers them massivly in 1 turn. Hmm, some testing may be in issue.

145uh0.png

Chance Furlong

Chance Furlong

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,027 posts
Okay, I'm updating. Gishki vs. Lavals...so far, Gishkies prove to be flexible with quite a few other archtypes as well as stand out on their own, while Lavals seems to use Laval200 as their best deck.

There are note worthy cards that make both decks run well.

For Gishkies:
Ceremonial Mirror, Level 8/6 Rituals and Gishki Shadow are the main focus of the deck. They provide the deck with recycle, beatdown, and search tactics that pretty much turn the tide for them or set up for good plays.

For Lavals:
Sweltering Heat Transmission Field, Laval Cannoneer, Tender, and Laval Lady make the most noteworthy plays of all. Sweltering and Tender act as extra Foolish Burials for quick graveyard set ups, Lady clears out face-downs and sets up for Cannoneer who is used as Synchro Fodder with Laval Lady or Tender (both which can be banished thanks to Lady).

Both set ups are of moderate difficulty to establish and not that difficult to put up. What caught my attention was how both Deck Types have synchage with the Lightsworn Archtype. O_o both have OTKs with the archtype.

I have to say that I still prefer Laval200 as its easier to set up (IMO) is easier to pull off and most of the time the opponent won't get rid of a mass beater like Nova Dragon.

Lavals...are winning in my opinion.

145uh0.png

.Rai

.Rai

shiba inu

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,479 posts
It would help if you could actually spell archetype correctly.

Cursed Reaction

The answer to the question is Gishkis. To be honest, there's no argument on it.

At the end of the day, Rekindling cannot be recycled. Ceremonial Mirror can.

Lavals rely on one card. Gishkis don't.

Lavals' only deck in existence is Laval200. Gishkis have at least 3.
i.e. Lavals are predictable, Gishkis aren't.

Nw_Team_Samurai.png

Chance Furlong

Chance Furlong

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,027 posts
Well when it comes to that its true. But in true virtue of power, Lavals still win. Just because you can see what's going to happen, doesn't usually mean you can stop it~

145uh0.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users