Deadliest Warrior - Yugioh Battle Association

For all who have seen Deadliest Warrior, this thread is going to be very similar to that.

Objective: To pit two decks, archtypes, combos, etc. against each other and see how they would fare against each other, if it is unfair advantage or if there are some strange combos that both could do. After a week, the discussion will move on to two other decks, archtypes, combos, etc. like episodes. Only club members can PM me about archtypes or decks they want to pit against each other. These requests will put on a "hold" list.

How can members join?

[spoiler=Application]
[code]
[spoiler=User Name]
Favorite:
Archtype
Spell
Trap
Monster

Least Favorite:
Archtype
Spell
Trap
Monster
[/spoiler]
[/code]

Example:

[spoiler=Lupin Canis Timberwolf]
Favorite:
Archtype: Gladiator Beasts
Spell: Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins
Trap: A Rival Appears!
Monster: Gladiator Beast Laquari

Least Favorite:
Archtype: Dark Worlds
Spell: Secret Village of the Spellcasters
Trap: Trap Dustshot
Monster: Thunder King Rai-Oh
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Members]
[spoiler=MortalKombatSmoke]

Favorite:
Archtype: Gishki
Spell: Gishki Aquamirror
Trap: Imperial Iron Wall
Monster: Warrior of Atlantis

Least Favorite:
Archtype: Six Samurai
Spell: Burden of the Mighty
Trap: Bad Reaction to Simochi
Monster: Exodia
[/spoiler]
[color=#660066][spoiler=Chihaya Kisaragi]Favorite[/color][color=#666600]:[/color]
[color=#660066]Archetype: Gagaga[/color]
[color=#660066]Spell: Pot of Avarice[/color]
[color=#660066]Trap: Dark Scorpion Combination[/color]
[color=#660066]Monster: Caam, Serenity of Gusto[/color]

[color=#660066]Least[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#660066]Favorite[/color][color=#666600]:[/color]
[color=#660066]Archetype: Blackwings, I disliked their design.[/color]
[color=#660066]Spell: Lightning Vortex, because I see too many people run this at 3s.[/color]
[color=#660066]Trap: Wattcancel[/color]
[color=#660066]Monster: GODAMN Maxx "C" because I see too many of its own Topic on the TCG Section.[/spoiler][/color]
[spoiler=Cursed Reaction]
Favourite Arch[b]e[/b]type: None.
Favourite Spell: None.
Favourite Trap: None.
Favourite Monster: None.

Least Favorite Arch[b]e[/b]type: None.
Least Favorite Spell: None.
Least Favorite Trap: Self-Destruct Button
Least Favorite Monster: Exodia.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Discussion Hold]
Gem-Knights vs. HEROES - MortalKombatSmoke
[/spoiler]
[center][font=comic sans ms,cursive][size=8][b]Current Discussion[/b][/size][/font][/center]

[center][img]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/344/1/3/gishki_vs_laval_by_rjuujinaaittakage-d4iqtih.jpg[/img][/center]

[center][spoiler=Gishki Strengths][/center]
[center]Several Boss Monsters[/center]
[center]Mass Recycle[/center]
[center]Excessive Search[/center]
[center][/spoiler][/center]

[center][spoiler=Laval][/center]
[center]Banish Support[/center]
[center]Graveyard Tool Box[/center]
[center][/spoiler][/center]

[center][size=8][color=#000000][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b]WHO?![/b][/font][/color][/size][/center]
[center][size=8][color=#000000][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b]IS?![/b][/font][/color][/size][/center]
[center][size=8][color=#000000][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b]DEADLIEST?![/b][/font][/color][/size][/center]

Well, in Pure Gishki vs. Pure Laval, Gishki obviously stands as the dominant force with its mass recycling and easily obtainable boss cards, which the lavals by themselves cannot compete against.

HOWEVER in Pure Gishki vs. Flamelavals, Lavals and Flames, especially in decks that focus on the 200 DEF, take an advantage over pure gishkis. I know it seems like a longshot but I know from experience that Lavals with Flames are a force to be reckoned with even WITH Gishkis.

Tainted Gishki (as I call them) vs. Flamelavals, Gishki, once again, comes up dominant. Gishkis are suprisingly adaptable to certain cards like heros and lightsworns which makes them a strong force on the battlefield against lavals.

so overall I say that Gishki's are the winners.

[color=#660066][spoiler=Chihaya Kisaragi]Favorite[/color][color=#666600]:[/color]
[color=#660066]Archetype: Gagaga[/color]
[color=#660066]Spell: Pot of Avarice[/color]
[color=#660066]Trap: Dark Scorpion Combination[/color]
[color=#660066]Monster: Caam, Serenity of Gusto[/color]

[color=#660066]Least[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#660066]Favorite[/color][color=#666600]:[/color]
[color=#660066]Archetype: Blackwings, I disliked their design.[/color]
[color=#660066]Spell: Lightning Vortex, because I see too many people run this at 3s.[/color]
[color=#660066]Trap: Wattcancel[/color]
[color=#660066]Monster: GODAMN Maxx "C" because I see too many of its own Topic on the TCG Section.[/spoiler][/color]

[color=#660066]And on the issue, at first I would have chose Gishki, but now I might I have to actually have to see the two Decks Duel each other, different playstyles, and Deck variants, because I have been recently hearing that Lavals are getting more and more power recently.[/color]

Okay, I'm updating. Gishki vs. Lavals...so far, Gishkies prove to be flexible with quite a few other archtypes as well as stand out on their own, while Lavals seems to use Laval200 as their best deck.

There are note worthy cards that make both decks run well.

For Gishkies:
Ceremonial Mirror, Level 8/6 Rituals and Gishki Shadow are the main focus of the deck. They provide the deck with recycle, beatdown, and search tactics that pretty much turn the tide for them or set up for good plays.

For Lavals:
Sweltering Heat Transmission Field, Laval Cannoneer, Tender, and Laval Lady make the most noteworthy plays of all. Sweltering and Tender act as extra Foolish Burials for quick graveyard set ups, Lady clears out face-downs and sets up for Cannoneer who is used as Synchro Fodder with Laval Lady or Tender (both which can be banished thanks to Lady).

Both set ups are of moderate difficulty to establish and not that difficult to put up. What caught my attention was how both Deck Types have synchage with the Lightsworn Archtype. O_o both have OTKs with the archtype.

I have to say that I still prefer Laval200 as its easier to set up (IMO) is easier to pull off and most of the time the opponent won't get rid of a mass beater like Nova Dragon.

Lavals...are winning in my opinion.

It would help if you could actually spell archetype correctly.

[spoiler=Cursed Reaction]
Favourite Arch[b]e[/b]type: None.
Favourite Spell: None.
Favourite Trap: None.
Favourite Monster: None.

Least Favorite Arch[b]e[/b]type: None.
Least Favorite Spell: None.
Least Favorite Trap: Self-Destruct Button
Least Favorite Monster: Exodia.
[/spoiler]

The answer to the question is Gishkis. To be honest, there's no argument on it.

At the end of the day, Rekindling cannot be recycled. Ceremonial Mirror can.

Lavals rely on one card. Gishkis don't.

Lavals' only deck in existence is Laval200. Gishkis have at least 3.
i.e. Lavals are predictable, Gishkis aren't.

Archived