[Nw] The SC Treasury

Night

[center][img]http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac28/Amirzmom/NWSCT-1.png[/img]

[b]What is the [/b][b]S[/b][b]C [/b][b]Treasury?[/b][/center]

[center]The "SC Treasury" will be the showcase sections' bank, in a sense.[/center]
[center]For the longest time now, we simply produced art, competed, and worked (created shops/fulfilled requests) simply for our enjoyment.[/center]
[center]But there was something missing, a reward.[/center]
[center]You have no idea how many times I would open up a shop or do a request for free and get absolutely nothing in return. "Free" is a thing of the past.[/center]
[center]This will also be an excellent opportunity for members who are unsure about being a part of the showcase community to give it a try.[/center]
[center]Everything is always far more enjoyable when there is a bargain to be made and something to achieve.[/center]
[center]This is where the SC Treasury and the new SC[/center]
[center](showcase currency) System come into effect.[/center]

[center]----------[/center]

[center][b]S[/b][b]C [/b][b]Leader Board[/b][/center]

[center]The SC Leader Board is how the SC Staff keeps track of each persons SC and ranking.[/center]
[center]To sign up into the SC system simply leave a post saying so and all of your posts/transactions done in the graphic design section will be monitored and accounted for. We [b]highly[/b] suggest you do this if you are interested in being an active member of the graphic design section whether to post art or simply have an interest in joining the fun.[/center]

[center][b]1.[/b][/center]
[center][b]2.[/b][/center]
[center][b]3.[/b][/center]
[center][b]4.[/b][/center]
[center][b]5.[/b][/center]
[center][b]6.[/b][/center]
[center][b]7.[/b][/center]
[center][b]8.[/b][/center]
[center][b]9.[/b][/center]
[center][b]10.[/b][/center]

[center][b]IMPORTANT[/b][/center]

[center]This section will act as a bulletin board for important news regarding the SC Treasury and general info.[/center]

[center]Firstly I'd like to establish that this still a prototype, meaning it will still be used but there are still things to be added and improved upon.[/center]
[center]Another thing i'd like to make apparent would be that this took a lot of planning, it's success will only bring good things to showcase, however it ultimately depends on the members to make this all possible.[/center]
[center] - Nw.[/center]

[center]The Treasury will also be in charge of hosting the Graphic Design Awards which will be an award show dedicated and unique to the graphic design section. Since we're trying to encourage members to be more involved with graphic design as a whole, this will be a perfect way to reward members for doing so.[/center]
[center] - Nw.[/center]

[center][b]How to Gain [/b][b]S[/b][b]C[/b][b]:[/b][/center]

[center][b]There are multiple ways to gain SC, these ways are:[/b][/center]

[center][b]Posting artwork: [/b]

For every piece of art you post (individually or archived) you will gain[/center]
[center]SC.[/center]

[center][b].[/b]

[b]Recolors/Retypes, Custom Images, Player Mats, and Avatars award you .5[/b][b]S[/b][b]C[/b][/center]

[center][b]Splices, Logos (olc), Pen+Paper Drawings (olc) Renders (olc) award you 1[/b][b]S[/b][b]C[/b][/center]

[center][b]Tags, Custom Sprites, Logos (ogc), Pen+Paper Drawings (ogc) Renders (ogc) award you 2[/b][b]S[/b][b]C[/b][/center]

[center][b]Large Arts, Digipainted/Vectored (tags) award you 3[/b][b]S[/b][b]C[/b][/center]

[center][b]Digipaints/Vectors (LP's)award you 4[/b][b]S[/b][b]C[/b][/center]

[center][b](this list is planned to be updated, there are just far too many forms of art)[/b][/center]

[center][b]olc: [/b]of lesser complexity
[b]ogc:[/b] of greater complexity[/center]

[center][b]IMPORTANT[/b][b]: [/b]This is all subject to change, or to be improved upon.[/center]
[center]
[b]Note: [/b][i]"complexity level" is decided simply by how complex a piece is, not by how "pro" it looks we just simply can't regard a simple text and effects logo to the same degree as one with pen tooling and vivid detail or a lower dimension render to that of a higher one. Also, pieces are not awarded differently based on skill, this meaning a member who is regarded as a "veteran" or highly skilled artist will not be awarded more than a member who is new to the craft. This is subjected to change with the possibility of a classing system? This is all up to you, the public. You can discuss this in more length by posting on this thread.[/i][/center]

[center][b]Extra points can be awarded in a thread by:[/b][/center]

[center]Clearly describing the concept of your artwork (3-6 sentences), or providing a link to an "inspired by" piece will award you an extra[b] .5[/b][b]S[/b][b]C[/b][/center]
[center]Adding the .psd/.xcf file under each piece of work. This will award you [b]S[/b][b]C [/b][b]x2 [/b](Meaning it will double the amount you would normally receive for an individual piece, i.e: a custom image with a provided .psd/.xcf file will double from [b].5[/b][b]S[/b][b]C [/b]to[b] 1[/b][b]S[/b][b]C[/b], a tag that would be worth [b]4[/b][b]S[/b][b]C[/b], and a Vector LP would be [b]8[/b][b]S[/b][b]C[/b]).[/center]

[center][b]Note:[/b] [i]A "Treasurer" or staff member will tally up the amount [/i][i]S[/i][i]C [/i][i]and post it on this thread (more specifically the leaderboard)[/i][/center]

[center]However, before choosing to get extra points by providing a .psd/.xcf file you may want to consider the next option first.[/center]

[center][b]The Resource Trade[/b]

This is a similar concept to that of any market, buy low sell high.
i.e: Person 1: purchases the rights to a .psd file from person 2 for [b]10[/b][b]S[/b][b]C[/b][/center]
[center], puts it into a pack along with other bought files and resells the pack, pricing that individual file at an average of[/center]
[b]3.5[/b][b]S[/b][b]C[/b][b].[/b] 5 persons buy the pack, of that individual file, person 1 gained an income of [b]7.5[/b][b]S[/b][b]C[/b][b].[/b] From that single file, and you could do the same with any other resource (i.e: renders).

[center][b]IMPORTANT[/b][b]: This is all subject to change, or to be improved upon.[/b][/center]

[center][b]Note:[/b] [i]This is something that was concepted with veteran members in mind, If you are a new member and this doesn't make much sense, don't be frightened.[/i][/center]

[center]Now obviously you could alternatively just use your own work and make a much bigger profit.

You get compensation for using YCM related resources, (any resource that was created by a user of this forum, including yourself) this is done to promote trading with users and sharing your own resources and ultimately building a better community.[/center]

[center][b]C&C - Comments and Critique[/b][/center]

[center][b]By simply commenting on a thread you are awarded .5[/b][b]S[/b][b]C[/b][/center]
[center][b]Example: [/b][b]"[/b]Very nice tag, it was nicely executed, the colours are nice and the left feels good. I also really like the way you did the lighting and the depth for the whole piece[b]".[/b][/center]
[center][b] - [/b][url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/user/103419-energy/"][b]~Energy[/b][/url][/center]

[center][b]By given a critique to the piece you are awarded another .5[/b][b]S[/b][b]C[/b][/center]
[center][b]Example: [/b][b]"[/b]The solid blue is kinda bothersome though. The darker colors and shadows also might look better in this piece if they were lighter and a bit less saturated. IMO this piece would benefit from minimal contrast in terms of values.[b]" -[/b][url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/user/188609-twenty-five-zero-oh-oh/"][b]Twenty-five Zero Oh-oh[/b][/url][/center]

[center][b]Note:[/b][i] If a comment or critique really stands out to a treasurer, there is a possibility for more SC to be awarded, so it's beneficial to share more of your ideas with the community. That and you are awarded[/i][b] .5[/b][b]S[/b][b]C[/b] [i]for each thread you post on only once, meaning if you post twice or more on the same thread you will not gain more SC.[/i][/center]

[center][b]The Art of War[/b][/center]

[center]There will be various official tournaments held by the Treasury Staff, in which contestants can gain SC for simply signing up but more so for winning battles. Unofficial tournaments can also be set up by anyone in a style similar to that of the CC contests, the tournament starter will be able to decide upon his/her own terms. 1v1's and 2v2's (set up through the CollabGFX, still in production) can be established at any time by anyone to compete for SC.[/center]

[center]By voting in any competition thread, you will receive [b].5[/b][b]S[/b][b]C [/b]which will be provided by the Treasury and not the thread owner. [/center]

[center][b]C.E.O's Make Bank Bro[/b][/center]

[center]A shop owner/worker can now work on requests for customers, while also making SC regardless if he/she is already charging for points.[/center]
[center]How this will work will be very similar to the posting artwork system, for example let's say a worker completes an order for a tag he/she will be rewarded [b]2[/b][b]S[/b][b]C [/b]regardless of quality (as long as the customer is satisfied) by the treasury. Again this is similar to posting artwork in the sense you are awarded the same amount SC.[/center]

[center]The exact process will work like this: First the owner of the shop will edit the shop thread and include this image at the very bottom of said thread[/center]
[center][img]http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac28/Amirzmom/Support-1.png[/img][/center]
[center][CODE][IMG]http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac28/Amirzmom/Support-1.png[/IMG][/CODE][/center]

[center]The owner must keep this view-able at ALL times (meaning do not put it in a spoiler, re-size/edit the image in anyway or ever remove it unless you would like to end the SC process), Also for first time users, you must also edit the title of your shop and add "[Supported by SC]" to make it apparent you would like to be added to the list, a treasurer will then respond to your thread telling you that you have been added, after that you can remove that header if you choose. From then on the appropriate SC will be automatically rewarded to the [b]shop owner [/b]he/she will then decide how to pay the workers of the shop, this is completely up to the shop owner and is out of the hands of the treasury.[/center]

[center][b][REQ][/b][/center]

[center]Artists who prefer to go the other route will also be credited. For any request completed in the request section, the artist will receive any points/perks decided by the thread maker, as well as the appropriate SC amount. This will work exactly as it does for posting artwork and completing requests in shops (I.e Tags are still the equivalent of [b]2[/b][b]S[/b][b]C [/b]regardless of quality). Even if the thread starter does not use your piece, you will [b]still be credited[/b] the SC regardless. If the thread starter does choose your piece however, you will be credited [b]+1[/b][b]S[/b][b]C[/b][b]. [/b]This adds a small level of competition to award artists who work diligently.[/center]

[center]©2012[/center]

Should have commented ages ago, but, yup, glad to see some of the projects are going out now.

It's sad because everyone seems to have moved to the secondary YCM forum, ycmember.tk.

:S Daemon pretty much posts most of his GFX there, and so does LC.

[quote name='.Rai' timestamp='1330863030' post='5855783']
[/quote]

We're still here it's just YCM's been so dead lately. =(

This thing is sexy though. Now if only everyone doesn't abandon us for DNF. T_T

[quote name='.Rai' timestamp='1330863030' post='5855783']
Should have commented ages ago, but, yup, glad to see some of the projects are going out now.

It's sad because everyone seems to have moved to the secondary YCM forum, ycmember.tk.

[/quote]I only post there to start the activity, I can start posting here again. Guess I shall!
Oh, and I am so doing this.

• 2 weeks later...

I had an idea for this but seeing as how there is basically no one in showcase at the moment, we'll have to simply disregard it until everyone returns.
If they return that is.

Also seeing as how the only reason for my activity was due to wanting to improve and build a community with the artists I started with, now that they are all gone I don't see any purpose for me being here.
As it is, I am retiring from ycm, for lack of a better term.

Archived