Because I just got the final print issue of SJ. [No. 30: Acid Golem of Destruction]

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Acid Golem is actually really good, the downsides being big enough to balance, but minor enough that it's usable.

Being unable to SS is the biggest hinderance, so you should never bring it out recklessly. The detach or taking damage is good for 2 turns of not being burned, and 3000/3000 stats is nothing to scoff at for a generic Rank 3. And if you ran out of Materials, it can't attack.

The anime effect had another unnecessary downside of automatically being destroyed if it was attacked w/ no Materials, and inflicting 2000 to its controller when it's destroyed.

[quote name='Order-Sol' timestamp='1330791779' post='5853984']
you're trolling, it's really good if you don't suck -.-
[/quote]

Pros:

3000 ATK

Cons:

Kills the controller
Limits their plays
Has no way to avoid destruction like Zenmaines does
Cannot gain +s like Leviair does
Will rarely find a use for its immediate 3k atk over Number 17's 2500
Not chaos fodder like Number 20 (Or soon enough OOParts Alien)
Takes up Extra Deck space that could be used by better cards

Right.

[quote name='evilchris' timestamp='1330791676' post='5853978']
Every time I've seen the summoned, the person that summoned it lost...
[/quote]

It's not a card you just drop for the fun of it early game. You do it either as a solution to another card you can't get rid of with a different Rank 3, to push for extra damage (and hopefully game) or as a last resort, but in the last case, you're more likely to lose anyway.

I usually win if I bring out Acid Golem, or if I still lose, I was on the losing end of the fight anyway, and this gave me a fighting chance.

Basically, you run it if Rank 3s are central to your Deck, and you need the ability to drop an enormous beater out of nowhere. You should never consider it over a Zenmaines, Leviair, and Leviathan, but if you already have those, and your specific Deck doesn't require using them for a major boost, then you can squeeze Golem in.

For example, my Photon Sanctuary Deck had more room for Rank 3s because it didnt Summon a lot of other Ranks. I had more room to add Number 20 and Number 30, and both of them are fantastic in different situations, whereas Zenmaines, Leviair, and Leviathan are overall amazing, but still rely on specific situations.

You forgot the fact that its Rnk 3. 3k beater. Rank 3.
3k beater. Rnk 3.
[b]3k beater. Rnk 3.[/b]
[b]3K Beater. Rank 3.[/b]
Can run over almost anything your opponent has out, and if they TT it or w/e, that just means you dont take no burn damage. Also, you can just give it to your opp with Creature Swap. And it's good for 2 attacks with no burn.
And I think I already mentioned the fact that its a 3k beater thats rnk three.

Archived