Duel Portal - Duel with your created cards [SUPPORT THREAD] [ONLINE]

seattleite

I'm verified and such now, but I'm having a really hard time uploading cards. At first, I was having difficulties uploading cards to the server, but that seems to have fixed itself. Now i'm having trouble generating the cards from the picture URL, as the following error shows up:

[ArgumentOutOfRange_IndexLength]
Arguments: 
Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=5.1.20913.00&File=mscorlib.dll&Key=ArgumentOutOfRange_IndexLength
Parameter name: length

at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
   at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
   at Module1.capitalizeFirstLetter(String str)
   at DuelPortalCS.Views.SubmitCards.cmdYCMURLGenerate_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Control.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(Control ctrl, EventArgs e)
   at MS.Internal.JoltHelper.FireEvent(IntPtr unmanagedObj, IntPtr unmanagedObjArgs, Int32 argsTypeIndex, Int32 actualArgsTypeIndex, String eventName, UInt32 flags)

Thus far, it only occurs when i try uploading a Spirit Monster, and all other cards seem to be fine.

EDIT: I tried uploading an Effect monster, and the other error occured:

[Async_ExceptionOccurred]
Arguments: 
Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=5.1.20913.00&File=System.dll&Key=Async_ExceptionOccurred

at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
   at DuelPortalCS.SQLReference.submitCardCompletedEventArgs.get_Result()
   at DuelPortalCS.Views.SubmitCards.sqlCli_EndSubmitCard(Object sender, submitCardCompletedEventArgs e)
   at DuelPortalCS.SQLReference.Service1ConsoleClient.OnsubmitCardCompleted(Object state)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went and created a ton of cards and a deck around them, then attempted to host a duel.  It said my deck wasn't legal or something, so I went back to check the deck, and half of my created cards were gone.

I don't know why you're experiencing that, I still see your cards and your deck has 40 of them...

Lol that is sick and unfortunate , once i got in a same situation i had to recreate all cards -.-

I got like frozen 2 times wwhile dueling, characters became grey and i freeze cant click anything , what is that ?

Not totally sure, though it is rare. Still looking into this one.

I'm verified and such now, but I'm having a really hard time uploading cards. At first, I was having difficulties uploading cards to the server, but that seems to have fixed itself. Now i'm having trouble generating the cards from the picture URL, as the following error shows up:

Thus far, it only occurs when i try uploading a Spirit Monster, and all other cards seem to be fine.

EDIT: I tried uploading an Effect monster, and the other error occured:

If you can give me the URL that would be great.

Site is back up, but I'm finding I am unable to enact changes to the cards I have put in (except for images, and even that is iffy).

Okay, that has been fixed now, thanks.

Right, found the verification code in the spam. (Why the hell was it in there? GRR! > :neutral: )

Some email sites will do that, because Duel Portal's mail system doesn't pass all the verification that email sites do.

I still have a lot more to learn about all the things they check, so that's why Gmail thinks it's spam (for the time being).

Since the duels are still buggy, could you make the screens that have a list of cards in each section (such as the Deck screen when you click the view button for the Deck) be able to be dragged around? Because I sometimes get into these irritating situations where the window is far too high for me to even select a card out of it to do stuff with.

Oh, and in case nobody else said so yet, the "Reset graphics" button or whatever that helps get rid of the "cards that are still there when they aren't" issue causes my opponent's field to become full of random vanilla monsters in each empty zone (but only the person who presses the button can see them), which causes me to have to press the button between each play to keep track of everything (and in the end, it gets really buggy). Could you do something about that?

---- Reset graphics I didn't get the chance to test, so it's fixed now. I can work on the drag-able windows soon.

Enacting card changes is back on. When a card is edited, trying to reselect it brings up this message:

[Arg_NullReferenceException]
Arguments:
Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=5.1.20913.00&File=mscorlib.dll&Key=Arg_NullReferenceException

at DuelPortalCS.Views.frmEdit.cmdChoose_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Control.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(Control ctrl, EventArgs e)
   at MS.Internal.JoltHelper.FireEvent(IntPtr unmanagedObj, IntPtr unmanagedObjArgs, Int32 argsTypeIndex, Int32 actualArgsTypeIndex, String eventName, UInt32 flags)

Upon logging back in, the said card or cards are erased.

@Background Character: Thanks.

At interface being cut, maybe it's resolution/zoom problem?

I tried zooming out the window but it won't work. It is most likely the resolution of my screen, but I can't set it any bigger. I don't think is it as big problem anyways, as I can still see about half the banlist boxes, and I doubt there is anything of importance beyond that.

What, no Polymerization?!

It hasn't been added and made public because, to be honest, Poly is a pretty bad card, and other methods of Fusion Summoning end up being leagues better than Poly. But, if you really want to add Poly, then go ahead and copy its effect from the Yugioh Wiki and upload the card. You are allowed to upload real cards into the site.

well this site didnt have many real cards, do i have to upload it myself if i want to use them?

Yeah. Though, I have quite a number of real cards that aren't part of the public side of the Staples list that I can send to you if you want. It might have something you need, so you won't have to upload it yourself.

Yeah. Though, I have quite a number of real cards that aren't part of the public side of the Staples list that I can send to you if you want. It might have something you need, so you won't have to upload it yourself.

ty very much, but I just upload all I want b4 saw this XD

Fixed some image problems.

Enacting card changes is back on. When a card is edited, trying to reselect it brings up this message:

Upon logging back in, the said card or cards are erased.

No matter what I do, I cannot replicate this error. What is the name of the card(s) that were deleted?

Not a big problem, but Sea, can you fix Exciton, Abyss Dweller, and maybe some other cards that didn't registered correctly in the public pool?

I fixed Abyss Dweller, I don't know what Exciton is.

sea i noticed, with the automatic imageupload, the picture kinda gets a big line threw it at the bottom.

That's just part of the card, all monsters have it.

If we want to have a tournament with this program, I suggest working on the spectating function.

What's wrong with it?

Archived