Duel Monsters: A New Era #1-To the Different Dimension

Sorry about the shortness last time but Here's the second attempt at Chapter 1

Also Chapter 2 is coming soon:

Duel Monsters: A New Era #1

To the Different Dimesion

By:Yurik the Red Mage

This was a story designed slowly over about a year so I hope you enjoy!

Yurik enters the portal only to have the enemy to destroy it as he steps through. His father is left behind an stares at the enemy.

Yurik! You cannot fail us now. Please make it safely,he thought

“Now down to business!” he said to the oncoming enemy.

Chapter 1:

Yurik

“NO MORE DUELS! NO MORE DUELS!” The crowd raged.

“As you can see from this video, the card game, Duel Monsters is becoming less and less popular. The people claim that they cause too much trouble as in the case of Yugi Muto where the world depended more than once on the skills of a short high school aged kid.” Said the reporter on the television with intentional disgust towards Duel Monsters. “And in other news we ha-”

Kyra turned the television off there. Kyra was a ffteen year old girl with flowing red hair and innocent brown eyes. She was about 84 lb. and was roughly 5’ 9”. Everything she did was done with careful grace. She was nowhere near shy, but preferred keeping to herself.

She pulled out her cellphone and dialed her friend’s number. “Thacia, you there?”

“Yeah. What’s up? Did you just see the news channel?” came the reply.

“Yeah I did. I was wondering if you’d c meet me at the hide-out for a little duel before it ends up banned.” Kyra said with a down spirit. “It might even cheer us up.”

“Okay. See you there.” Thacia said enthusiastically.

…………………………………………………………………………………………

“Kuriboh Dreadknight in Attack position.” Thacia cried triumphantly. As she did a little furball in black armour rose to the field. (4000/200)

Kuriboh Dreadknight

DARK

Fiend/Effect

This card cannot be Special Summoned or Set. This card can only be Normal Summoned by Tributing 3 “Kuriboh” monsters. When this card is Normal Summoned this way it gains Attack equal to the combined Attack of all monsters your opponent controls. You take no damge while you control this monster. This monster is a piercer.

300/200

“Now I’ll finish this by attacking your Gagaga Girl.” Thacia cried. (Kyra LP: 3200à0) “I win.”

“Wrong! I activate Potential Comeback.”cried Kyra almost evilly.

Potential Comeback

Normal Trap

Activate only when your Life Points hit zero. You do not lose the duel until your next End Phase.

“With this I wont lose the duel until my next End Phase.” She said triumphantly. “Which means I win. I draw and activate Number 11: Big-Eye’s effect to take control of Kuriboh Dreadknight.”

“No! This can’t be happening!” Thacia yelled.

“Attack her directly to finish this.” Kyra said excitedly. (Thacia LP-2200à0) “Good job, though, Thace.”

“Awww, c’mon. Oh well.” Thacia said pulling her long blonde hair out of her pony tail. Her stormy blue eyes gazing blankly. “Maybe next time then.”

Kyra…said a voice. Can you hear me?

“Yeah! Who is it?” she replied dazed realizing, slowly, that she was dreaming. “What do you want?

Finally! After two years I’ve made contact with you. Hello. My name is Yurik. And though this’ll sound strange, I am from another dimension, and am currently trapped in your necklace that your grandmother gave you two years ago at the exact moment I stepped through the shattered portal. Yurik told her in a voice which sounded far away yet near as people usually sound in dreams and/or illusions.

The morning rays shone on Kyra’s face, waking her from her sleep. She slowly sat up to find a figure standing at the foot of her bed facing opposite her.

Without turning to face her he said, “Surprised? Thought you might be. I have already introduced myself if you remember.”

“Yurik?” she said with shock, “But how?”

“Easy. I simply worked a little magic to first enter your dream and then to make an illusion of myself.” He said turning to face her. Kyra’s heart skipped about four or five beats as he did so. She felt like fainting or melting into her sheets upon looking at his face.

“So your saying, you were visited by a spirit from a different dimension?” Seth said almost bursting with laughter.

“I find that hard to believe, too.” Spoke another of Kyra’s friends, Mark.

Seth and Mark were both fifteen. Seth had black hair that trailed to the bottom of his neck and bangs that came to the bridge of his nose. His eyes were a dark brown and he was very outgoing and “cool”. Mark was very different. He had blonde hair and blue eyes. He was very childish and kept to himself and his books.

“It’s true. It did happen. He had silver hair and red eyes. He looked just like a Red Mage off those Final Fnatasy games you play.” Said Kyra desperately.

“So not only is he a spirit from another dimension, but he’s a Red Mage spirit from another dimension. Man, you have an overactive imagination. And I thought Mark was the childish one here.”

“Hey! I’m offended by that.” Mark stated indignantly.

“Whatcha gonna do about it?”

“Arrgh! I’ll let ya go this time, but next time your in for it.”

“And pigs’ll fly, too.”

Mark was about to retort when Thacia ran in panting heavilly. “We’ve got a problem!

End of Chapter 1

Archived