YCM Weekly Previews and Suggestions

CinnamonStar

33os3go.png

The YCM Weekly is a talkshow that used to be hosted by Star/Galaxy and me as the co-host in 2008 (YCM Nightly back then, incase some oldies remember :3). The topics were mostly YCM-related and comedy (or something close to it, IDK meh, let's say we hope to do better now :D).

Anyway, there was an attempt to revive it last year and we often had thoughts about it, but now it seemed like the perfect time to definitely bring it back.

As such, there will be a first episode of the YCM Weekly...tomorrow.:3 Yay?

Here's a small preview of what we've planned:
- music, video games and more
- TCG articles
- hot Russian guys
- flirting with Dharc and Desu

- show games, YCM riddles, jokes
- and others!

THE CAST

308ickh.jpg

We're going by a shuffle system. Aka we will change hosts and probably cast members as well. That way, if someone wants to leave, s/he will be replaced and there shouldn't be too much of a hole during the making. (I apologize to the members who helped bringing it back last year Dx if you want to rejoin the group, you're free to apply)

For this edition, we initially had 11 people because that's how we roll.:3 However, we lost someone on the way, one of them disappeared and never returned again, and one of our interview partner got lost too. (I smell a long history of attracting banned members coming up)

But without further ado, the cast as it currently looks like:

(from left to right of course)

[spoiler=Aggro]
So, what's your name.
Aggro.

Could you tell everyone a little bit about yourself?
No, not really. I've never been great at talking about myself.

When did you join the site?
I joined for the cardmaker in August of 2010, but didn't make a post until approximately one year later.

What do you do around here, both on the site in general and for YCM Nightly?
Well for the site, I'm probably the most active member in written cards. Besides that, I post a bit in TCG and My Deck section. I'm the leader of three different groups in C/O, those being YCM Dueling Network Reloaded, CC Coaliton, and Crazy Unit - X. I'm also active in Creative Writing with an ongoing fan fic.

For Nightly... Whatever things no one else is doing.

What do you think you're best known for around here.
I wouldn't exactly know, someone else would have to tell me... preferably a large group of people instead of a single one...

Do you like Cardfight!! Vanguard and/or Magic, the Gathering.
I think I'd like Vanguard if I could just get onto Cardfight Capitol (apparently it doesn't work for macs) and I've never been a real fan of MtG.

Do you prefer Pepsi or Coke?
Coke tastes like prune juice mixed with Sprite...[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Desu]
So, what's your name?
Real name is a secret. Won't even tell my closest friends here. I don't like to mix personal stuff with internet stuff. Just including this since Dworkin mentioned it. My current username is Kujo Kazuya but it'll change soon so this whole part is opt to change soon. I usually refer to myself as Desu and it's also what most people call me. Of course I'm refered to by various names but listing them all would be slightly more of a hassle than explaining why it's too much of a hassle to say them all.
Well it should be noted that I'm a complete and utter a**hole and extremely sarcastic too. Other than that it beats me.
Sometime in 2008. But it should be noted that in the time since then I had been gone for a year.
I'm an avid RPer. Been into it ever since I joined the site. I always try to be in at least one RP. I'm also active in Clubs and Organization and the status bar. I run the Anime Nation in C/O which is obviously a club dedicated to anime. In the status bar I'm either just doing random sh*t and messing around or "trolling" idiots that happen to come around to it.
What do you think you're best known for around here?
Being a complete and utter a**hole.
Do you like Cardfight!! Vanguard and/or Magic, the Gathering?
I tried the C!!V anime and I've played MtG two times against some friends and actually won with what was supposedly sh*tty decks and both being extremely badass in the process but I didn't really care for either. I will probably be playing a bit of Sword Girls when that's out on the 28th. Please note: This will most likely be changed due to dates.
Both are terrible.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Dharc]
So, what's your name?
My current username is -Dharc-, but I've been TwiggityTwang, Cyber ΩΜΣGΔ, Dharc the Dark Charmer, Ice Boundary, Makoto Nanaya, and (for a brief period of time) Verz Salamandra. But just call me Alex or Dharc.

Well, I'm a hopeless romantic, an emotional wreck, and bi-curious. My gender has been the topic of discussion a few times, but I am in fact a guy. I have over 9000 problems, and women are the cause of about 67% of those. Anything else you wanna know, just ask.

It was in June of 2010.

On the site: Role-Playing, Realistic Cards, a WEE bit on TCG, and a whole crap-ton of crap on the status bar.
YCM Nightly: ...This, basically.

What do you think you're best known for around here?
What am I best known for? Probably for hosting RPs that never truly pan out/I become inactive in or whining/getting into arguments on the status bar.

Do you like Cardfight!! Vanguard and/or Magic, the Gathering?
CF!!V is intriguing; I just started learning how to play, but it seems pretty cool. I used to play MtG, but I stopped.

Pepsi, but Coke is cool.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Garazza]
So, what's your name? Obviously, it's Garazza, but you can call me Gar or Gara

Could you tell everyone a little bit about yourself? I am relatively new here, but well known. I am a huge fan of anime and I am very fond to fire.

When did you join the site? This account was made in January 2011, but I didn't really use it until recently.

What do you do around here, both on the site in general and for YCM Nightly? I'm in Games mostly and Clubs and Organizations. As for YCM Nightly, I think I'm doing reviews.

What do you think you're best known for around here? Being the Rising Star of YCM next to Corona Ray.

Do you like Cardfight!! Vanguard and/or Magic, the Gathering? Neither.

Do you prefer Pepsi or Coke? Either is fine, but I prefer Pepsi.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Kakashi]So, what's your name? Call me Kakashi, but I have a ton of other names on this site so whatever.

Could you tell everyone a little bit about yourself? Not much to tell. Used to be into making cards. Now I'm not. Now I do graphic design.

When did you join the site? A few years back?

What do you do around here, both on the site in general and for YCM Nightly? Uh... Graphic design and graphic design.

What do you think you're best known for around here? ... Just being Kakashi. It's so awesome that it's its own thing now.

Do you like Cardfight!! Vanguard and/or Magic, the Gathering? No and no.

Do you prefer Pepsi or Coke? Mountain Dew[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Spike]1. You want my Real Name? gtfo. Just call me Ke-Nan, Dworkin, or Spike.
2. Check my About Me if you really wanna know.
3. 2010. While ago.
4. I post terribad Fan Fics, which I am always working on improving, and I post in TCG. I'm really not that good at da game, but still... For YCM Nightly, I hope to keep going with interviews. I like doing them.
5. I honestly DO NOT know. Most likely being THE Miku Fanboy of YCM. Or just the guy thats always 'there'. Go to other people for this one.
6. Depends on what I'm into at the moment. Omni HEROs will always hold a place in my heart, along with Djinn Rituals. But I like Inzektor as well, and Xyz spam.
7. I prefer Dr. Pepper.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Yuzuru Otonashi]So, what's your name? Call me Black, but my real name's Josh.

Could you tell everyone a little bit about yourself? I'm 19, been on the site for two and a half years, I'm 3rd highest poster on the site, and I put forward a different exterior from my interior, by far.

When did you join the site? September 15, 2009

What do you do around here, both on the site in general and for YCM Nightly? I'm one of two new mods of the CC section, I mostly lurk TCG and clubs, and I spend lots of times posting about Fableds and talking with Kanade. I'm a TCG informer for the nightly.

What do you think you're best known for around here? Fableds and dating Kanade

Do you like Cardfight!! Vanguard and/or Magic, the Gathering? Cardfight

Do you prefer Pepsi or Coke? If I had to choose, Pepsi[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Opal]
So, what's your name? Opal, Cinnabon, etc.

Could you tell everyone a little bit about yourself? Well I joined about 4 years ago and that's the same year when the YCM Nightly started. It was fun to do it back then, so I thought, why not bring it back?

When did you join the site? April 2008

What do you do around here, both on the site in general and for YCM Nightly? On the site: I'm mostly hanging out around the status bar, General and Games, sometimes C/O and RP these days. So most 'fads' and drama that circulate around the site, I'll come across.:3 That's basically what I do, just talking to people and hosting/participating into events. For the YCM Nightly: Like I said, I like these forum-wide events, so the YCM Nightly fits into the bill. I just posted the staff thread and wrote some small parts for the first issue, mostly music and randomness.

What do you think you're best known for around here? ...being popular for waitwhyagain?

Do you like Cardfight!! Vanguard and/or Magic, the Gathering? No

Do you prefer Pepsi or Coke? Coke, though both are fine
[/spoiler]

Then there's also .Rai, but he forgot to fill out the application (that or I totally missed it, but I think not ;~; ). Rai helped coming up with ideas and made the logo together with Kakashi.:3

The other guy who left was Rodrigo. Yeah... :D

Then we had Galaxy, but he stopped contributing and lazy/too busy guys usually get replaced.:3

Alright, we were a bit lost at the beginning, then we wanted to have an April's Fool edition that fell out, then a few people left us, so the first edition is shorter than it should be.;~; But any start is rough and we sort of worked hard on it.

SO, don't forget to tune in tomorrow at 20:00 GMT / 14:00 EST!:3

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mostly drink water too, but Coke is fine.0_o I quite like how it tastes.

There will be a bit of deadpan humor, but not much humor overall. Most of this episode focusses on reviews and new stuff that came out.

Anyway, good to know that we gathered some interest.:3 Tonight, 8 p.m. GMT!;3

[quote name='Starlight Taxi' timestamp='1335046050' post='5921379']
No suggestions?
Interview candidates etc.?

Do note that this is your chance to suggest people you want to see an interview with, including yourself.
[/quote]

[color=#0000CD]It should be noted though that I tend to dis on egotistical douchebags who nominate themselves. :/[/color]

I WANT TO BE INTER

[quote name='Desperado of Finale' timestamp='1335046965' post='5921401']
[color=#0000CD]It should be noted though that I tend to dis on egotistical douchebags who nominate themselves. :/[/color]
[/quote]

*Runs away bawling*

In all seriousness, interview The Real DL, I suppose being top poster will make for an interesting conversation starter.

[quote name='Dragon Sage Ω' timestamp='1335047074' post='5921406']
I propose Rodrigo.
[/quote]

I'd love to see Rodrigo interviewed at some point, but it might be more interesting to hold off on his for a while. Then we can find out what he's been doing in his spare time and what YCM Withdrawal's like.
[quote name='Comrade Trollestia' timestamp='1335049376' post='5921464']
In all seriousness, interview The Real DL, I suppose being top poster will make for an interesting conversation starter.
[/quote]

I second this.

I bet DL will be completely serious during the interview though. Like, we won't even see it coming.

But if DL and other people could contribute with they're Epic Rap Battles, it'll add some extra spice, imo.

More-or-less, we could also do something like a "traffic report" sorta thing with reporters browsing appointed sections for interesting conversations.

Opinions?

[quote name='Crimson Thar' timestamp='1335418328' post='5925572']
I bet DL will be completely serious during the interview though. Like, we won't even see it coming.
[color=#0000CD]Probably not.[/color]

But if DL and other people could contribute with they're Epic Rap Battles, it'll add some extra spice, imo.
[color=#0000CD]The f*ck are you taking about? We've never metioned rap battles and that's a terible idea.[/color]

More-or-less, we could also do something like a "traffic report" sorta thing with reporters browsing appointed sections for interesting conversations.
[color=#0000CD]No.[/color]

Opinions?
[color=#0000CD]Terrible ideas, opinions, or whatever the f*ck you were spouting.[/color]
[/quote]

Archived