YCM Weekly Episode 2: Angerman, the Legend of Desu Finale

Agro

[img]http://i40.tinypic.com/347wkmo.png[/img]

[center][b]Grave reports out of Illinois as we finally learn what truly happened in Chicago this weekend. And memes, do they embody fun, or simply exorcise idiocy? Finally, Darklink and Kyng, you may know them, but do you REALLY know them, know them? We’ll find out who does, tonight, on YCM Weekly.[/b][/center]

[center]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5f63vQ_eSg[/center]
[center][size=1](unofficial theme is unofficial)[/size][/center]

[center][b]Welcome to YCM Weekly, I’m Aggro. We begin in Illinois, where survivors of recent traumatic events are still coming to terms with what happened. Let’s go to Chicago for more.[/b][/center]

[size=5][b]Reports Indicate that YCS Chicago Did In Fact Happen[/b][/size]
[img]http://www.corporatecreations.com/img/IL_SKYLINE.jpg[/img]
[b]Somewhere near Chicago, IL [/b]- Yes folks, despite popular belief, we are getting reports now that a Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series did, in fact, happen in Chicago, Illinois. It had only been rumored around the net up until this past week or so, but as it turns out, those rumors are, indeed, true.

This will certainly come as a surprise to those just finding out about it, seeing as most people simply thought that this was one normal weekend with no chance of a YCS. The citizens that we talked to where completely baffled by the news.

"A YCS? This weekend? I don't believe it!" exclaimed one unsuspecting woman coming back from the Chicago area with her two teenage sons who had, unknowingly, gotten caught up in the mess. "I didn't even know Chicago existed! Sure, we’d been driving through some forests way back, but I didn’t realize we were in a place like Chicago, my goodness!”

For those who may not know, a “forest” in Illinois is also known as a “city” in most other parts of the world. Since they don’t actually have any trees in Illinois and everything is made of concrete, they just decided to hand the word off to the next closest thing.

Konami has been surprisingly transparent through the process, handing out any and all information necessary to truly determine the location and scope of the event. They were, however, very slow with the information.

Many citizens around the internet have used this slow stream of information as a chance to call Konami’s coverage of the events “lax” and “terrible”, but many professional analysts have countered that theory, stating that this couldn’t be the case based on Konami’s clear record, pointing to past business decisions.

One analyst painted it clearly. “While it may be Konami’s incompetence that led to the lack of knowledge about the event, the more likely conclusion is that of deceit. I believe Konami is trying to hide something.”

Many more have started to wonder if Konami decided to abandon the YCS in favor of putting emphasis on the sneak peek of their next booster pack, Galactic Overlord. This accusation, however, has come into question as many think that such a business decision seemingly based in profit isn’t very like Konami.

Word is still coming in about the impact and aftermath of this harrowing event. As if to add insult to injury, more recent reports even state that a Dino Rabbit deck managed to come out of the ruckus and take the event.

Many doctors have kept this word from patients who were traumatized from the first day of the event. Our very own, in house physician, Dr. Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon explained that, “the events have certainly taken their toll on the populace, even I have seen some of my relatives and close friends come through the hospital doors.”

After spending time at the hospital the widespread ruin was obvious. HEROs, Dragons, Inzektors, Gravekeepers, even other Dino Rabbit players were carted in one by one. The alarm signals of what one could only describe as ‘ambulenceroids’ were blaring non-stop.

“There’s so much chaos, so much damage done to the majority of my patients that I truly worry about what learning the result of the YCS could do to their health.”

Sources indicate that sign-up for this even occurred this past Friday, the 27th and the YCS itself may have occurred sometime between 2 A.M. on Saturday and 10 P.M. Sunday, but confirmation on those times has still not been made.

“I truly can’t believe that actually occurred,” one duelist who had taken part in the event told us late Sunday evening, “I was just standing around one second, scheming my next major plot. The next, a full-blown YCS had started. I did not even see it coming! And I am GRAPHA, DRAGON LORD OF DARK WORLD!”

There were only a select few of the participants that we spoke with that truly knew that a YCS was occurring at the time. The unfortunate few that did were forced, some against their will, to compete in 11 rounds of swiss before any of them were allowed to leave.

“I was really happy that they told me to go after the last round of Swiss.” One of the lucky duelists who had escaped the YCS told us. “I can only pray for the ones that remained. It must have been rough for them.” ■

[center][b]Well, now that we’ve gotten started on such light a foot, let’s go to Opal, who’s over at the video board for tonight’s YCM Member riddle. Can [i]you[/i] figure it out?[/b][/center]

[color=#800080]“Behold, the pastry station running through my beloved hometown
You who seek the member we're looking for, follow its path upwards in search of the great cave.
The one who finds the great cave must then travel to the Shining Skies in accordance with these rules.
On the first breakfast, offer the sweets chosen by the gods as sacrifices.
On the second 10 o'clock break, those who remain shall fight for the cupcakes the Italian baroness brought.
On the third lunch, those who remain shall praise the mixture of eggs, milk and flour on high.
On the fourth afternoon meal, preheat the oven and post in the status bar.
On the fifth tea pause, mix the ingredients and post in Games.
On the sixth appetizer, stretch out of the balcony and post in TCG.
On the seventh dinner, look for Internet memes and post in RC.
On the eighth dessert, look for some sheep juice and post in General.
On the ninth midnight snack, you shall wear a witch hat and ride the broomstick.
On the tenth twilight, the journey shall end and you shall be the only one standing.”[/color]

[center][b]Well, that’s an interesting little riddle. As always, you can send in your answers by PM to our very own Opal. Just be sure not to post them below or you may spoil it for everyone else!

Memes. They’ve been around since as long as anyone can remember learning what a mouse is (the correct answer being ambiguous, both being a tool we use to make fun of our cats to create memes, as well as a mechanical device used to find said memes), but are they all good news? For more, we turn now to Desu, who’s reporting from what appears to be the world wide web. Ha-Hello, Desu. You’re in my computer![/b][/center]

[color=#0000ff][size=5][b]Five Piss Poor Memes That Should Have Never Come Into Existance[/b][/size]

[b]5) PINGAS[/b]
[img]http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/masonry/000/073/643/did-u-say-PINGAS.jpg[/img]
Yes, idiot. I for a matter of fact did. Starting off this countdown of piss poor memes might be a bit too literal to how piss poor it is. What this meme is is basically just two words Dr. Eggman from a sh*tty Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon had said that sounded somewhat like another word for a male's genitalia. Like how I say genitalia and d*ck fine yet didn't just say penis? But really...this is just stupid. Why? Just why?! Why can't you people who seriously use this in a way that isn't supposed to make fun of Koko just say d*ck? That's all I'm asking. Don't make yourself look like an illiterate sh*thead. It's just not funny.[/color]

[color=#0000ff][b]4) So i herd u liek mudkipz.[/b]
[img]http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/276428_115334065234038_1941247587_n.jpg[/img]
You heard wrong. Now get some hearing aids or smack the lying son of a b*tch who told you that. Both work fine. Seriously, screw that little stupid gecko thing. Then put it on the internet for people with those weird ass fetishes to enjoy. Now if you didn't already notice even though it was clearly obvious I don't like mudkip. Marshtomp too. Swampert is okay. So the reason I don't like this meme is because it's just so god damn inaccurate. I don't believe it's a surprise to anybody here that I'm more of a torchic man and that I just can't stand ridiculous accusations such as liking something I clearly don't.[/color]

[color=#0000ff][b]3) First![/b]
[img]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/021/392/Picture_1.png[/img]
Isn't this one we come across all too often? Do I even have to talk about how terrible this one is? Seriously? Do I have to? No. I won't. This one is just pointless to explain. Obnoxious and stupid. That's all there is to it. The same goes to pretty much all youtube comments. It's almost unfair to be singling this one out when there's also stupid comments like "well nobody will see this so I'm gay" is also easily found on pretty much any youtube video along with "first" and other various idiocies.[/color]

[color=#0000ff][b]2) Arrow to the Knee[/b]
[img]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/210/520/Arrow+to+the+knee+I+made+this+in+mspaint+feel_bbc57d_2955810.jpg?1322761670[/img]
I'm not sure how this became a meme and I don't really care to learn how such a terrible joke became popular. Oh, right...the internet. Dammit, internet. Y U NO FUNNY?! It's actually kind of odd (and by odd I mean incredibly stupid and not one bit funny) how I first came across it. Let's do a little flashback...what...? Am I supposed to say flashback a bunch of times? Just go to the next paragraph already. Jeez...

So I was going onto youtube one day a few months back. Youtube being the reservoir of idiots who like to spread this stupid sh*t it is I'm not surprised this is where I first saw it. Since I'm subscribed to IGN they have a think where a guy takes some supposedly cool Black Ops (you see why I said supposedly?) kills and what not and after a few minutes of essentially the same thing they always show I looked at the comments.

I used to be an adventurer like you but then I took an arrow to the knee. Alot Of Likes
...what...? I don't get it. Is the arrow supposed to be a reference to the crossbow...? But...adventurer...? That makes no sense. This is liked...? This isn't funny. I'm just going to go do something else now that may actually save me from this disappointment olf the human population to actually thumbs up this nonsense...

It wasn't until much later that I actually found out it was a random line some unimportant random NPC douchebag says in Skyrim. I proceeded to facepalm repeatedly. But you want to know what the worst part of this meme is? Oh no, it isn't how annoying it is. Nope, not how lame and unfunny it is. Definititely not the "why would you have even been paying enough attention to catch that and later post it randomly like a douche" origins. No. The worst part of this meme is that you can't even say "but then" anymore in a sentence because it'd be assosciated with that terrible meme. "But then" are the two words that ALWAYS stay the same when people use it. Yeah, "I" is also common but that's changed every so often too so it's just "but then" that's always constantly consistant.

Dude, I was going to do it but then I
F*CKING fa**** NOOBFACE!!!1!!!1!1!!!!
What the hell, man? I was jus-oh, right...that stupid as sh*t meme. Yeah, I had that coming.

[b]#1 PISS POOR MEME[/b]
Wait, there's still a meme worse than that arrow to the knee crap?
Yes, generic YCMember that is really just me typing in the normal color yet because I'm known so well for my blue text it still makes a huge difference and you're now like a totally different person. As long as the internet and people with a terrible sense of humor exist more and more terrible jokes will surface but this one may just take the cake until the die it dies.

[b]YCM Fads/Memes[/b]
[img]http://mainkeys.com/thumbshots/94774.jpg[/img]
Let's face it. You guys aren't funny and everything you guys try to do in a sad attempt to be funny ISN'T F*CKING FUNNY. Status fads are the greatest example of how lame you guys can be. Seriously? Take one originally lame status and then copy it multiple times with even stupider versions of it? Are you people so f*cking unoriginal that the only way you can feel remotely clever is to take something bad and change TWO WORDS? I suppose I can include "Hey look, YCMaker is online" which by the way, is still incredibly stupid and does even less to change content since I tend to see the same three phrases used over and over. Are you guys stalking that bottom page with your pants undone all day just waiting for those red letters to pop up something of yours can do the same? And then do you guys seriously feel the need to tell us in a status? Yeah, I see why that could be okay due to the inactive admin THE FIRST TIME but after fifty spasms of it everyday with fifty people involved in this orgy of stupidity it gets PRETTY F*CKING STUPID. I will admit though that is a huge exaggeration since you people were semi-decent when he came back while we have been sobbing over his inactivity for weeks now. I like how that isn't even the best example of how unfunny you people are. Due to laziness I won't go through a bunch of inbetweens between those damn fads and the greatest example of just how terrible of people are. Well, besides anything YCMaker related. I will cover that a bit more. That religion sh*t is still stupid to this day. It was okay at first when just f*cking with a few people but god damn you guys are f*cked up human beings. Hell, can I even call you people humans? I know the truth. I KNOW WHAT STUPID SH*T YOU REALLY ARE! The most vile creature known to man behind women and red heads...YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_fnZuxysZl6M/TDBxj6A4mhI/AAAAAAAAAMw/P-P5X-tdX58/s1600/42moa-2.jpg[/img]

That's right. Moas. MOAS!!!!!!!! WHAT THE HELL PEOPLE?!?!?! MOAS?!?!?!?! You thought an extinct flightless bird from New Zealand NEW ZEALAND was actually remotely funny?! Okay, I should probably step back a moment and explain this sh*t a tad bit. It was first introduced here by Mako and he may be like a little bro to me but god dammit man...anyway, when Halo: Reach came out and being the Halo fan he is he couldn't stop talking about moas for whatever f*cking reason even though they were only in like ONE level. I really should have done a better job killing it right away but I didn't think it'd happen. I was young and ignorant. I didn't think you'd people be so desperate for a bad joke that you'd actually like it and make practically every status and post about some god awful birds in a mehish game. Halo 3 is better. Just saying. Hey, if Moas were as awesome as you people pretended to be wouldn't they...oh, I dunno...not be dead? This ridiculous bird meme lasted for weeks. According to Black it was more like from September to February and that sounds about right. You guys would not let go of this one. Yeah, you think you guys were giddy about that one YCMaker religion thing that happened in a day and you guys foolishly brought back like a week later? Yeah, this lasted for MONTHS. You know what else? This ACTUALLY became a meme. Or at least I believe Mako mentioned that this moa sh*t was actually referenced on some sh*tty show I don't watch. Turns out you sh*theads got a bad joke semi-popular. You feel good about yourselves? Oh, what am I kidding. Of course you pieces of sh*t do.

Now before I sign out for today's article I want to say one thing to you lame ass majority of the internet.[/color]

[img]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/126/314/3cd8a33a.png?1306264975[/img]

[center][b]Thank you, Desu. I’m sure none of us have truly realized what kind of damage we were really doing when we used memes. I’m sure everyone will definitely stop using them because of this article you’ve posted in an unofficial news outlet in the far corner of the internet.

We’ll be right back.[/b][/center]

[spoiler='Review of "Keeping Me Alive" by Garrazza'][color=#ff8c00]Keeping Me Alive by The Afters was suggested to me by Black/Yuzuru. I have not heard of this band until Black told me about the song. For first impressions, they seem like a good band and is a rather nice song. I would call it a soft rock song. It's one of those songs that tell a sad story in rock music.

After looking into this song (by that I mean, looking at some of the comments), it's one of those "I found religion" songs. Over to the story of the song. This guy says he hasn't "lived" his life without God before. It's like he hasn't really "lived" his life and missed so much that he remembers the exact moment he found God and Christ. Now he explains how wonderful God is and he has grate faith in Him. He then goes on tell us about how He knows our secrets and that we don't need to hide from our shame.

It's a really nice song in my opinion. I have not heard of this song until recently, and I think it's real good. Yes, it's a song about religion, but so what. Just get past that and actually appricate the music. Haters gonna hate. I take suggestions for songs to review. Peace out and enjoy the music! ~ Garrazza[/color][/spoiler](URL to song can be found at the bottom of the post)

[center][b]We’re back with the Yu-Gi-Oh! Section of our show. If you recall, our first featured Archetype was our writer, Black’s, favorite archetype. Tonight he returns with yet another beloved group of Duel Terminal monsters, the Gem Knights.[/b][/center]

[center]
[img]http://images.wikia.com/yugioh/images/b/b2/Gem-Knights.png[/img][/center]
[center]
[color=#008080]The Gem-Knights are a race of, as the name implies, monsters made out of precious gems and the like, and they have a series of “beasts” that support them, simply called Gem-___, for whatever animal they’re based on. Premiering in the second half of the Duel Terminal story, thus far, the Gem-Knights are rivals to the Lavals, a race of barbaric beings of fire who fight for the hell of it. They are supposed to be based on Jaden Yuki and Jesse Anderson’s friendship, so HEROes and Crystal Beasts inspired the archetype.

The deck is based around Fusion Summoning and Normal/Gemini monsters. The deck started out without a stable way to summon efficiently, despite the fact that their key card, Gem-Knight Fusion, can recycle itself by simply banishing a Gem-Knight from the Grave. Since then, it has gained its only 2 effect monsters that are Knights, Obsidian and Lazuli, allowing you to make a constant flow of +0 Fusions while you have 1 or more of them in hand. The Gem-beasts add support to further the archetype, but they could slightly clog until the birth of the knight Zirconia.

Unlike many deck types, Gem-Knights have all but 4 or so of their members being playable, and the usable ones all work well together depending on the variant of the deck you’re running. The deck currently has 2 major variants: Gemini-Knights and Gem-Knight Rabbit. The former focuses primarily around the Knights Amber, Iolite, and Sanyx, and the latter uses any 2 of Garnet, Sapphire, and Tourmaline along with Rescue Rabbit. The Rabbit variant is the better one, showing how truly broken Rescue Rabbit is more than any other deck with cards like Lavalval Chain in the Extra. Still, the Gemini variant exists if you would prefer that one, especially with the death of ignition priority that is flying towards the TCG.

The star fusions of the deck are the Gem-Knights Citrine and Zirconia. Citrine requires running Garnet in the Rabbit Build or running Volcanic Shell as an alternative to make the fusions more potent. It’s only 2200 ATK, but it stops cards like Gorz, Tragoedia, and Mirror Force from ruining your day with its effect. Zirconia allows you to use the Gem-animals as material for it among Zirconia as well as Obsidian and Lazuli. Both of these also make powerful Xyz in multiples, such as Number 11: Big Eye and Number 15: Gimmick Puppet – Giant Killer.

The deck runs close to fifty-fifty in the monster to spell/trap card count, though it can tip further in the monster department. Sadly, the deck is fairly tight on space in both the main and extra decks, meaning you have to think carefully about what you put it without going over, and little room is left for techs. It’s a primarily retro-styled deck with the speed needed to compete in the undermeta modern day. If you dislike Synchros, this deck is the one for you.

Like Fableds, this will be expanded upon in later issues. Thank you for reading, comments are appreciated.[/color]

[b]Thanks, Black, stay put though, as we’ll be coming back to you. But first, have you ever wondered what mod you were most like? Well now you can find out! Thanks to mod-parallelness technology, wee can now figure out what mod you’d most be like if you were to become one! Opal has been kind enough to provide us with a link to said technology. Use it however you wish… if you dare![/b][/center]

[url="http://www.quibblo.com/quiz/gAkqyoy/Which-YCM-mod-are-you-more-like"]http://www.quibblo.c...e-you-more-like[/url]

[center][b]Now that we’ve gotten that plug out of the way, let’s get Back in Black with today’s Card of the Weekly! Tonight’s edition happens to be a double feature: Gem-Knight Fusion and Gishki’s Aquamirror![/b][/center]

[center][b][img]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111223050345/yugioh/images/thumb/c/c2/GemKnightFusionHA05-EN-SR-1E.jpg/300px-GemKnightFusionHA05-EN-SR-1E.jpg[/img][img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111205235616/yugioh/images/thumb/2/20/GishkiAquamirror-HA05-EN-SR-1E.jpg/300px-GishkiAquamirror-HA05-EN-SR-1E.jpg[/img][/b]

[color=#008080]To make up for the week break between this issue and the last, there are 2 cards of the week this time around. Gem-Knight Fusion and Gishki Aquamirror, the former the key to the deck detailed earlier and the latter its anthithesis.

Gem-Knight Fusion allows Gem-Knights to break free from the limits of the older Fusion Monsters and make more efficient, powerful Fusions. Most Gem-Knights’ utility is within the hand or on the field, but once they hit the grave, they are dead outside of Lazuli, Obsidian, and Monster Reborn, so the cost is practically non-existent to return this to your hand. Add onto this card the fact that Lazuli and Obsidian add a Normal Knight from grave to hand or SS said Normal Knight to the field, respectively, and it really allows an army to appear from your Extra Deck in no time flat.

Gishki Aquamirror is to Rituals what Gem-Knight Fusion is to Fusions. So, limit break, yada yada. Unlike the fusion spell, this card is infinitely more searchable and is used in a much less obvious manner than the jewels’ fusions. The cards Gishki Shadow and Vision allow you to search out the Ritual Spells and Monsters, respectively, allowing you to have the exact cards needed to fulfill this card’s conditions. Add the card Salvage to the fray and you can loop these with Ritual monsters of the same level to gain massive damage and inflict damage to match, potentially resulting in an OTK. And all you need to set it off is one of this, two rituals of the same level, and any number of Salvage with Shadows in the Grave to grab.

Both cards have one serious issue: their Graveyard reliance. A simple D.D. Crow or something similar can wreck their entire set up by taking out the cards involved before they can truly explode, so in the later games of a match you should try to have multiples before you begin to use the combos these cards open up. Even so, they both give a swift force to slam into the opponent with forgotten monster types, for people with older tastes, and allow their decks to be fairly consistent for those playing in the undermeta.[/color]

[b]Thanks for that, Black.

Before we move on though, I’d like to say a few words to a good friend that all of us hold dear. This friend had been with us since the beginning of YCM Weekly, and disappeared right before the first episode was posted. I am of course, talking about monkeys. Though it was part of the conception, due to unforeseen circumstances, all monkeys that were supposed to appear in every episode of YCM Weekly died of natural causes. No one can be sure whether we would have survived with or without monkeys, but at least we’ll all know who to blame: crustaceans.

We’ll be right back.[/b][/center]

[left][img]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r451g9.jpg[/img][img]http://i39.tinypic.com/33z8eb4.jpg[/img][img]http://i39.tinypic.com/33z8eb4.jpg[/img][img]http://i39.tinypic.com/33z8eb4.jpg[/img][img]http://i39.tinypic.com/33z8eb4.jpg[/img][/left]
[spoiler='Review of "Hot Problems" by .Rai'][color=#b22222]I can't tell whether it's witty 17-year old satire, or a really bad attempt at humour. I assume the latter, as no person could willingly create such a weird song and think it's good. As they've admitted it in interview, the song was made for fun.

Amongst nearly robotic vocals and some awkwardly flat beats that's like the rejects of the rejects of the worst nightclubs in Europe, there's some frankly weird lyrics. They see my blonde hair/Blue eyes and class/But they don't know/I have a really big heart, the duo sings in an attempt at misleading lyric jokes. Note its great similarity to a certain song about the fifth day of the working week, albeit with less nasal singing and more Lana Del Ray droning. Oh, the video has one of the most meaningless intros of all time, with some choral melodies casually blasting through your right ear only if you're wearing headphones/earphones. Add a bit of clever mirroring and lots of shots from inside their rather dull limo and it's gonna go viral.

The chorus, Hot girls, we have problems too/We're just like you/Except we're hot (hot, hot, hot, hot), is so emotionless that even Voldemort would disagree with this song. Add some sort of breakdown three quarters into the song, and, boom! One hit wonder time, uh huh! To summarise, one either for the bin or for meme fuel.~ .Rai[/color][/spoiler](URL to song can be found at the bottom of the post)

[center][b]Welcome back! Our first guest tonight is an award winning RPer that has recently been accused of harboring a mistress. Let’s go to Spike with his interview of Kyng.[/b][/center]

[img]http://api.ning.com/files/GHYRkBeyPxYcXZHlDiaxsW9hsUFeTawNkK0uvz-Pp8hMGowG8nmC407zA29fCLeF*R-fQUO*k4D6sx9Cbm4C6g__/Kyng4.jpg?width=550[/img]
[size=2](Visual Approximation)[/size]

[left][color=#008000][b]1. How long have you been on YCM?[/b][/color]
That's quite a tricky one to answer, to a degree: I started as a naive little spelunker around here since July in 2009, however my activity was, essentially, none-existent really until February 2011, though due to the lacking of activity I was still quite the newbie.
[color=#008000][b]2. What originally drew you to this site?[/b][/color]
What else? This place was the only Yugioh Card Making site I knew of, and I wanted to create cards to print and use in reality for fun. I really never dived into the Forum that much, ever, until Feb. 2011.
[color=#008000][b]3. What is your opinion on YCM's current state?[/b][/color]
My opinion on it's current state varies; facts speak for themselves, we don't have a very reliable administration board on the forum, and additionally, there are some corrupt mods; then again, this is quite common in, well, any forum really. I think a very safe and simple summary would be that I know this place can be better, and so does the administration, however I assume life isn't playing kindly. Basically, as soon as we get a just, fair, and reasonable admin, the better.
[color=#008000][b]4. Do you see yourself as a good member of this site?[/b][/color]
Many times has this question haunted my mind...it depends, how does one really define themselves as a "good member"? Many "good members" of this place are generally popular people, for example my good friend Desperado of Finale, or simply Desu. However, said example is also got a reputation which, he himself, defines him as the hole in one's rectum. Can one be considered good for being popular? Let's look at politics: the leading party is voted in because of the majority of the voters, who believe their policy is the best, however in turn other policies which they have not incorporated into their system could be considered better, for example an opposing party, and they would be a less popular, yet a better party. Following the popularity is equal to goodness principle, I would say I'm alright; I have a fairly respectable reputation upon YCM.
[color=#008000][b]5. Do you want to be a mod?[/b][/color]
No. Not because of the typical "Mods are powerless nerds clinging to any form of abusive power" stereotype, but simply because of my own ability of judgement; I'd find myself misusing the rules and I know I'd cause catastrophe.
[color=#008000][b]6. If you did become a mod, which section would you like to moderate?[/b][/color]
It goes without saying I would be absolutely be enchanted to take the spot of a Role Playing section moderator.
[color=#008000][b]7. You are renowned as the 'King of RPs'. Do you agree with this title?[/b][/color]
Partially; I believe I received the title due to high standard in role playing capabilities, as well as very good quality role play ideas/concepts. I did also receive the title this year's YCM awards, so I therefore have earned the title justly; despite this, there's one whom I know deserves the title greater than I, having lost this year's awards, in my opinion, strictly due to absence. He's my teacher, if you will, as well as good friend, but I say no more on the matter; onto the next question.
[color=#008000][b]8. When did you start RPing?[/b][/color]
I started around during the time when I took the display name "Kyng of Ice", as I joined a Yu-Gi-Oh! Role Play ran by Admiral Stalfos, basing my character upon the concept of ice.
[color=#008000][b]9. What was the best RP that you ever participated in?[/b][/color]
Alright, I'll be blunt: I am biased to say one of my own, the "Wishing on a Star" role play, was the best which I participated in due to it's length, however to try and reduce the probably evident egotistical nature I'm portraying, which I do hope I'm not, I would say "Chrome Shelled Regios: The Trinity" ran by Quεnn Aisu is the best, as the level of character interactions as well as the overall plot seemed to be very nicely ran.
[color=#008000][b]10. Do you play Yu-Gi-Oh? If you do, what is your fav deck to play?[/b][/color]
I do play Yu-Gi-Oh, to be honest, in which I run quite a variety of Decks, however my favorite deck I play with would be my Evil Hero Dark Gaia Deck, using a rather different approach than what one may expect.
[color=#008000][b]11. Who do you consider your best friend on YCM?[/b][/color]
There's no doubt it's Quεnn Aisu. We've had a smack load of history, being a younger member than I; she, like me, began in the Card Creating Section, however she made her move into the Role Playing section in my first Role Play, Heaven S Soul Sagas; from that point on, we were, essentially, inseparable, having hopped in every single RP one did with the other...ish; it was then when our relationship had a third wonderful friend, Chaos Sonic, into the fray, however with his absence came more time between us. To my surprise, when we both got a hold of Skype, we were much closer than before. It reached a point where she began to talk about crushes, and she told me she liked a special someone for sometime, but didn't know whether to confess. Being the moron I was, turns out is was moi; luckily for her, I did have quite the crush on Aisu, and now we're a couple, have been for quite a while.[/left]

[center]
[b]Well isn’t that just something? Kyng and Aisu, who would have ever known? Well there was that one tim- WHAAAAA NEVER MIND. Let’s just get on with the next interview.

Our next guest is Darklink, who was one of those guys who posted too much, got warned once, then decided that they should quit YCM altogether…. Then totally didn’t. Let’s go back to Spike with more.[/b][/center]

[img]http://images.wikia.com/zelda/images/2/24/Dark_Link_(Ocarina_of_Time).png[/img]
[size=2](Visual Approximation)[/size]

[color=#008000][b]1. When did you join YCM?[/b][/color]
May 2009
[color=#008000][b]2. Why did you join YCM?[/b][/color]
I was bored one day, so I decided to find a way to make Naruto cards, of the yugioh variety, and ended up here~
[color=#008000][b]3. Are you a brony? If so, which pony do you think you are most like? Out of the main characters. (Twilight, Apple Jack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Fluttershy)[/b][/color]
I am most definitely a brony, and I am most like Fluttershy with people I don't know very much, but with my friends, I am most like Pinkie Pie.
[color=#008000][b]4. What is your opinion on the moderating team of YCM?[/b][/color]
It does its job pretty well, from what I can see, but I don't see much of the staff around, due to only being around some clubs.
[color=#008000][b]5. Do you still play Yugioh, if you ever did? If you do, which YGO card is your favorite?[/b][/color]
I play yugioh occasionaly, despite my interest in it having dropped recently. My favorite card is likely Spell Striker, because it's cute, and easily summonable.
[color=#008000][b]6. Do you see yourself as a good member of this site?[/b][/color]
I am polite to basically everyone, and I seem to be well-liked (despite the fact I don't understand how a lot of people that know of me actually even know I exist) so I think so, yes.
[color=#008000][b]7. Ever since the infamous ragnarok left, you have had the top poster slot on YCM. Do you really care about that? Are you surprised that you post here that much?[/b][/color]
I used to care about post count. And my goal, of sorts, when I became 2nd top poster, was to pass Ragnarok one day. But at some point along the way, I realized it wasn't really worthwhile, and just decided to not care about post count (despite that, I'm still one of the more active posters...) I am quite surprised that I've posted so much in less than 3 years of being here, when some people have been here for longer, and don't even have half my post count.
[color=#008000][b]8. Why do you think you are so popular here?[/b][/color]
I actually don't consider myself to be a very popular member, and as such, it always surprises me when people say I''m popular. Despite having the most number of posts, basically, I never felt I had impacted YCM in such a way that would mark me among the popular members.
[color=#008000][b]9. Which section do you frequent the most?[/b][/color]
I frequent Clubs&Organizations the most, by far. However, I still frequent the RP section, and others on rare ocassions
[color=#008000][b]10. Do you enjoy any other TCG besides YGO? (Cardfight, MTG, etc.)[/b][/color]
I used to enjoy the Duel Masters TCG, but it's been a big while since I've played it. At one point, I think I liked Duel Masters more than Yugioh.
[color=#008000][b]11. Who do you consider your best friend on YCM?[/b][/color]
Throughout my YCM history, I've had people come and go, but I suppose my first best friend on the site, easily, was El Make. He may not have been very well-known, but he certainly left his mark on all who knew him here. Sadly, he long since left (despite some visits every few months). My current best friend is, I'd say, either Fusion X. Denver, or CM Renji, because both of them are just...like...amazing, and I wuv them both~

[center]
[b]Well, that’s our show. I’ll see you next time, YCM. And Until then...[/b][/center]

[center]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pBi69gqVO0[/center]

Last second Edit:
I wasn't able to add it into the actual post due to media restrictions (apparently), so here are the two songs that were reviewed during the two breaks:

#1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9QrT-yp0-fY

#2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=__HeE6NWmDE

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Reads a certain part*

... I swear, this thing is just wrecking my self esteem X_X

Also, crustaceans cleaned up the monkies, they were killed by non-natural causes that were the actions of a drunk man out for some fun on the commoners' expense.

[color=#0000CD]I see what you did there Agro with some of the puns and I approve. You see my thumb? Of course you do. It's up. It's up as I type and I'm totally not sh*tting you. Okay, I'm sh*tting you a little bit. Never actually up. I'd just be giving a thumbs up in my dark room. That'd be pretty weird. There is a thumbs up in my heart though. And it hurts like hell too. [/color]

[color=#0000CD]P.S. A bit late on a Sunday night to be posting this but whatever. Nice job on it, Agro.[/color]
[color=#0000CD]P.S.S. Heh, I thought I'd be censored more.[/color]
[quote name='Yuzuru Otonashi' timestamp='1335764837' post='5929146']
Also, crustaceans cleaned up the monkies, they were killed by non-natural causes that were the actions of a drunk man out for some fun on the commoners' expense.
[/quote]

[color=#0000CD]That's what you get for giving me $10 to get some bread from the grocery store.[/color]
[quote name='Aggro' timestamp='1335765084' post='5929147']
Was it the "Back in Black" joke?
[/quote]

[color=#0000CD]I got a kick out of that one. :/[/color]
[quote name='Yuzuru Otonashi' timestamp='1335765223' post='5929148']
No, nothing you did. Nothing anyone did intentionally, I hope x-x
[/quote]

[color=#0000CD]Oh, geez. Where's Kanade when we need her? Somebody needs to translate what the hell this guy is saying.[/color]

[quote name='Yuzuru Otonashi' timestamp='1335764837' post='5929146']
[/quote][quote name='Desperado of Finale' timestamp='1335765412' post='5929150']
[color=#0000CD]That's what you get for giving me $10 to get some bread from the grocery store.[/color]
[/quote]I THINK one of you got the reference, not sure about the other...

Also, whatchu talkin bout BlackAttack?

[quote name='Desperado of Finale' timestamp='1335765753' post='5929155']
[color=#0000CD]I NEVER get the reference. That much should be clear by now.[/color]
[/quote]I know, Desu. That's why I refer to puns for you.

*Reads Meme part*
Y U NO LIEK MUDKIPZ!?
....Also, that meme isn't meant to be taken seriously, it just pokes fun at people who play Pokemon, yet, ended up being the total opposite of that, and basicaly spawned a Mudkip-fanbase.
At least if I remember how it goes.

[quote name='Aggro' timestamp='1335765821' post='5929157']
I know, Desu. That's why I refer to puns for you.
[/quote]

[color=#0000CD]You're too sweet.[/color]
[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1335769795' post='5929169']
*Reads Meme part*
Y U NO LIEK MUDKIPZ!?
[color=#0000CD]I'm a torchic guy.[/color]
....Also, that meme isn't meant to be taken seriously,
[color=#0000CD] There are memes that are meant to be taken seriously? My seriousness towards it was part of the joke. Where's Agro? I swear to god he has that J-Max pic in his wallet or something.[/color]
it just pokes fun at people who play Pokemon, yet, ended up being the total opposite of that, and basicaly spawned a Mudkip-fanbase.
At least if I remember how it goes.
[color=#0000CD]Makes sense.[/color]
[/quote]

I'll be honest, I can't tell whether YCS actually happened or was all a joke...
Though I got a kick out of the meme special. It was kinda like seeing the Anti-Joke Chicken going on a rant, and picturing Desu as a chicken is really funny.
After reading about Gem-Knights, I think a Gem-Knight Rabbit build would be good for me, since I have yet to use a deck with RR as a focus like other people have. And I'm not too good at Synchros, so this sounds about my speed.
@Kyng-Hoho, another couple around here. Well hey, good for you two.
May Sonic return to us swiftly...
@DL-Love you too, brah.
No homo.

I also got:

[quote]
[b][color=#FF8C00]Flame Dragon[/color][/b]
[img]http://www.mgsrvr.com/298ff44988fbd47cf0a2f55a6c6f1dff.jpeg[/img]
You seem quite chill and like a go-with-the-flow sort of person. Debating with passion and RAEG isn’t your sort of thing; however, you’re willing to admit defeat when someone’s point overrides yours.
[/quote]

Sounds right.

[img]http://i48.tinypic.com/13yfn0y.png[/img]

[img]http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w402/Atsuko_Rokuro/mother.jpg[/img]

I'm surprised that people only got about half of the results possible.O_o

As for the member riddle,
- it's not God Crouton
- it's not Zanda Panda

=D

Anyway, good job on the show, although it was shorter this time. :D

[quote name='Yuzuru Otonashi' timestamp='1335764837' post='5929146'] *Reads a certain part* ... I swear, this thing is just wrecking my self esteem X_X [/quote]

The mod quiz?
/if someone gets what he's talking about, come back to us

[quote name='Starlight Taxi' timestamp='1335790319' post='5929256']
Anyway, good job on the show, although it was shorter this time. :D
[/quote]I wouldn't say shorter, more compact and with less commentary from the host's end maybe. I did notice you talked a lot more and spaced out what you said, which isn't to say it was worse or anything, just the main difference I noticed.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1335803584' post='5929344']
Wait, were those 4 the only possible results? No Roxas or Icy or Crab?
[/quote]No no no. There were more than that. How many total? I don't remember, it's been a while.

[quote name='Mako109' timestamp='1335807636' post='5929384']
Those were gooood times...

[color=#ff0000]Which times?[/color]

ANYWAY

Awesome show. And it appears anything Desu makes here is pure gold.
[/quote]Oreally?

[color=#0000CD]Thanks for your comments, guys. Much appreciated. Except you, Denver. F*ck you.[/color]

[color=#0000CD]By the way, it should be noted mine wasn't all originally just blue. It had a few other color text of text thrown in there so a joke or two may not make as much sense. But no big deal really.[/color]

[color=#0000CD]Agro, we kind of went through this before. He's talking about the good ol' times before you were a member.[/color]

[color=#0000CD]On another note: When I took the quiz the other day I got Hatcher. Just saying.[/color]

[quote name='Desperado of Finale' timestamp='1335810837' post='5929428']
[color=#0000CD]Thanks for your comments, guys. Much appreciated. Except you, Denver. F*ck you.[/color]
[color=#FF0000]What'd Denver ever do to you? You're not a Packer fan![/color]

[color=#0000CD]By the way, it should be noted mine wasn't all originally just blue. It had a few other color text of text thrown in there so a joke or two may not make as much sense. But no big deal really.[/color]
[color=#FF0000]You're color-ness should have been meme #6.[/color]

[color=#0000CD]Agro, we kind of went through this before. He's talking about the good ol' times before you were a member.[/color]
[color=#FF0000]I've had my life drained for less time than you.[/color]

[color=#0000CD]On another note: When I took the quiz the other day I got Hatcher. Just saying[/color].
[color=#FF0000]It's because you aspire to be a single mother raising her only daughter while micromanaging by far the craziest section of a small forum.[/color]
[/quote]

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1335803584' post='5929344'] Wait, were those 4 the only possible results? No Roxas or Icy or Crab? [/quote]

There are 7:

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/95prts.png[/IMG]

I didn't put Crab or Icy down because I didn't really know what to answer for them, and Roxas seems too similar to Flame Dragon (at least to me =S). The rest are either inactive or people I don't know.

And no one got the 7th one.
/forever-cinnabone

Archived