OK so to recount the updates...let's go by color:
You know I wanted you to actually have the updates in the post and not just you saying what you changed. It makes it easier on reviewers to look at just the relevant stuff. And as another note, if you are going to format it like this include what the old version was too.
- Envoy of Purity has been completely remodeled from and Human Cleric to an Avatar for the Mythic Avatar Cycle of the Set. As well as being upgraded to Mythic Rare.
- Dawnbringer Lammasu has had its cost increased by 1 and has been downgraded to Rare.
- Whipcorder Knight's name has been changed to Windsong's Wanderlance and Subtype has been changed from Human Knight to Human Nomad, it also has its ability sightly revamped.
NEW CARDS: Blessings Unspoken, Erased in Dust, Pride of Manes
Blessings Unspoken seems cool. I like.
Envoy is now a sweet mythic while Dawnbringer is a bomb rare. This is good.
Erased in Dust is strong, but a good uncommon.
Pride of Manes: Kitty.
Wanderlance is also good.
- Aether Hurricane has been corrected to be an Instant Spell.
- Metamorphic Ooze has its ability cost downgrade to 2UU
- Pincerbreaker has its wording sightly changed
- Rushing Tidal Wave was demoted to Sorcery
- Waterdragger Giant has its effect sightly changed
No long misreading Hurricane shows it is an interesting design. I like.
Ooze is a good clone now.
Pincerbreaker is now one of the best blue commons. Still, it seems fair.
Even at uncommon Tidal Wave just seems like a blow out. I still think it needs an extra cost of returning something to your hand to use. Remember in limited Primal is not a draw back.
Giant can be a common.
- Bloodtalon Harpy has been changed from a 1/2 to a 2/1
- Gravesprung Ooze's ability now costs 2B
- Quag Harvest as all the others Bounce-Lands Spells has been upgadred to Uncommon. Also has its effect completely changed.
NEW CARDS: Cannibalistic Urge, Qaugnest Matron, Rule of the Mire, Scarwitch Cultist.
Harpy is good.
I also like Ooze.
Harvest seems like a nice, strong uncommon.
Urge is a fine common.
Matron seems much better as a rare since its just treading ground that other cards have made. If you want it to be mythic drop the cost by 1 and add "B: Put a 1/1 Black Snake creature token with deathtouch onto the battlefield."
So, Rule at best just burns for 3 to the face. Seems meh, but it is a common, so w/e.
Cultist is cool.
- Earthshaker has lost its additional cost, in exchange it can not longer targer basic lands.
- Sor, Shatterrock's Huntmaster has its cost changed to 2RR, its stats to 3/2, loses First Strike and now becomes target of its own effect.
NEW CARDS: Herald of Chaos, Huntedlooter Viashino
Earthshaker is good.
Sor is also good.
Viashino should be a 3/2 this way 1 token won't just trade with him.
Chaos seems good. It would be made a little better to make it so you alone benefit. So something like
"You may cast Sorcery spells as though they had flash."
"Instant spells your opponent controls can only be cast at any time a sorcery spell could be cast."
- Hunted Satyr is now a 3/2
- Savage Satyr wording has been changed a bit.
NEW CARDS: Crushingclaws Nishoba, Nature's Cover, Pack Hunt (Reprint), Scion of Wildness.
Hunted is cool.
Savage might be too good in limited at common. Might want to make him uncommon.
Nishoba seems odd as a cat.
Cover's draw one seems unneeded. It already is a damn good uncommon.
Pack Hunt is a good reprint.
Scion is a sweet.
- The Weird Cycle has most of their effect changed to gain different Keyword abilities.
- Sharkhan the Wild has been mostly redesigned.
LANDS: All the Tri Lands has been redesigned to Allied Partial-Duals
I like the Weird Cycle. Just flip the UB ones effects.
Sharkhan is a lot better. Also, the -4 seems strange since when he comes back he'll come back with 5 loyalty. You should add that he comes back with 1 loyalty counter.
Still think the land cycle would look nice with a cycle going the other way, but its fine as is.
As for changes you didn't make that I REALLY think you should; Alluring Gorgon is still stupid good and Packmaster is still a really lame mythic.
Also, in thinking about it, provoke seems like it might need to be really careful about its numbers and rarity. It is a very strong mechanic that can make limited needlessly fast. A couple of commons is ok, but like the current ones keep them with very low toughness. Also, to add one, now that the set is coming together keep track of how often mechanics are being used.
Edited by Flame Dragon, 30 May 2012 - 02:52 PM.