Stellarforce Dragon

[spoiler='This post is out-dated, please move on to the latest update.']I've made two versions of this monster. The only differences are the art and the newer Variant art is an Ultra Rare instead of a Common and has a new serial.

Original Art:
[img]http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/6339/stellarforcedragon.png[/img]
Overused pic, yes. I'd put a credit but URL for the copy of this pic I used when I originally made this dragon has expired.

Alternate Art:
[img]http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/6786/stellarforcedragonvaria.jpg[/img]
Credit for alternate art: [url="http://images2.layoutsparks.com/1/50096/moon-dragon-animal-purple.jpg"]http://images2.layou...imal-purple.jpg[/url]

Lore:
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Tributing 3 Level 7 or higher monsters you control. This card's original ATK and DEF are 200 x the total levels of every monster on the field. As long as this card is on the field, you may not Normal Summon or Set monsters.

[spoiler='Effect Breakdown'] Further breakdown is done by coloring text.
[spoiler='Summon Conditions']"[color=#ff0000]This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set.[/color] [color=#0000ff]This card cannot be Special Summoned [/color][color=#006400]except[/color][color=#0000FF] by Tributing 3 Level 7 or higher monsters you control.[/color]"

[color=#ff0000]You can't tribute 2 random monsters to summon or set this monster from your hand. He must be Special Summoned.[/color]

[color=#0000ff]To Special Summon this monster, you must already have 3 2-tribute monsters out and Tribute them.[/color]

[color=#006400]This card can be revived from the grave if it was Summoned properly first by satisying the blue conditions.[/color]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='ATK/DEF']"This card's [color=#ff0000]original[/color] ATK and DEF are 200 x the [color=#0000ff]total [/color][color=#006400]levels[/color][color=#0000FF] of [/color][color=#0000FF]every monster on the field[/color]."

[color=#ff0000]Cards that refer to a monster's "original" ATK and/or DEF will work with this card.[/color]

[color=#006400]XYZ monsters have ranks, not levels. They aren't factored in.[/color]

[color=#0000ff]Only Monsters on the field, not in the Grave, this also includes himself, making this monster's baseline ATK/DEF 1800, being level 9.[/color]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Drawback']"As long as this card is on the field, you may not Normal Summon or Set monsters."
It's difficult to raise this monster's power without either your opponent doing it, or centering your Deck on Special Summons.[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Rates/Fixes/Change Suggestions in general?

tbh seems very under-powered. I understand the balancing is necessary, but I wouldn't give 1 Lv7 for him, let alone three. Summoning Condition is quite difficult, and for a beatstick it is rarely worth it.

Why this over REDMD, who's Lv10 and can Spam Dragons like no tomorrow?

I wouldn't have the Summoning restriction, I would simply make this card the only one to attack. That way it also increases it's versatility as a defensive wall, but regardless it's not worth summoning because it's likely 3 Lv7s will work better than this thing.

[spoiler='This post is out-dated, please move on to the latest update.']Hm... you may be right. I'll remove the Summon restrictions... but rather than restrict attacks to just him, I'mma just make it so he's the only one that can inflict damage.
[img]http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/4698/createcardi.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

Revision makes more sense, as it has a high enough Level not to be useless when other monsters are scarce, and it's easily Summoned by REDMD.
Still seems somewhat lacking though... The only reason you'd use this over The Calculator, if you even want to use it, is because it happens to be a Dragon.

[quote name='Zyzzyzus' timestamp='1336271099' post='5933390']
Revision makes more sense, as it has a high enough Level not to be useless when other monsters are scarce, and it's easily Summoned by REDMD.
Still seems somewhat lacking though...
[/quote]That is the tendency in beatsticks, plenty they lack a Wow factor.

The thing is, the Level Factor is irrelevant to me, because you've got Calculator who loves eating Levels. This card is a bigger form of him. I'd, maybe, suggest Spell/Trap prevention/destruction for tributing a Monster you control, as that would be a -1 upon both sides, balancing it out, as well as working as a cost.

You guys keep mentioning "The Calculator". Funny thing is, this thread is the first I'd heard of him. I branched the effect from SLIFER when I made it up. xD

I'm the kind of guy who misses non-tuner, non-BEWD vanillas actually being used in Decks. I'm pretty sure my opinions on beatsticks and what have you are invalid in the Yu-gi-oh world and have been since GX began.

[spoiler='This post is out-dated, please move on to the latest update.']Sorry Gandorator, but I'm firmly set on Level 9 so he has that base stat of 1800/1800.

I removed the summon restrictions, and changed the no summon to a damage restrictor, but that's because they made sense to me as ways to fix my over-balancing. I'm probably going to take the other suggestions and make that a side-card Fusion Monster requiring Stellarforce as material

[img]http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/3/createcardf.jpg[/img][img]http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1566/cosmicquasardragon.jpg[/img]
[spoiler='Lore']Stellarforce Dragon + 4 Dragon-type monsters with different names
This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Fusion Summon. Fusion Material Monsters used in the Fusion Summon of this card must be on the Field. This card's original ATK and DEF are 300 x the total levels of every monster on the field. Battle Damage your opponent takes from other monsters you control is halved. You can discard one card in your hand to destroy one other card on your side of the field and one card on your opponents side on the field. This card cannot attack on the same turn you use this effect.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[quote name='Chaos Knux' timestamp='1336280838' post='5933492']
Sorry Gandorator, but I'm firmly set on Level 9 so he has that base stat of 1800/1800.

I removed the summon restrictions, and changed the no summon to a damage restrictor, but that's because they made sense to me as ways to fix my over-balancing. I'm probably going to take the other suggestions and make that a side-card Fusion Monster requiring Stellarforce as material

[img]http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/3/createcardf.jpg[/img][img]http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1566/cosmicquasardragon.jpg[/img]
[spoiler='Lore']Stellarforce Dragon + 4 Dragon-type monsters with different names
This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Fusion Summon. Fusion Material Monsters used in the Fusion Summon of this card must be on the Field. This card's original ATK and DEF are 300 x the total levels of every monster on the field. Battle Damage your opponent takes from other monsters you control is halved. You can discard one card in your hand to destroy one other card on your side of the field and one card on your opponents side on the field. This card cannot attack on the same turn you use this effect.[/spoiler]
[/quote]

if you want to keep stellarforce a level 9, you need to boost it a lot, otherwise it's useless. I suggest you still make it be able to SS itself from your hand if you control 2 or more dragons and be able to be normal summoned with 1 tribute if the tribute is a Dragon.

..and the fusion is beyond horrible, I don't even know where to start.
The materials are impossible with such restrictions. And on top of that you nerf it? I suggest you remake the fusion as a whole.

[quote name='Zepa' timestamp='1336284641' post='5933517']
You know when you see a card and you think it should be a real card well that was what I thought of this. 11/10 Sooo good
[/quote]

Lololol, it's not good, the cards are horrible. Seriously, let's take the fusion for example, why would you want to waste a field full of Dragons to Summon it when it doesn't benefit you in the slightest? Hell, the only good effect the Fusion has is the last effect that allows you to kill your own card to kill your opponents card, but Scrap Dragon already does that and does it way better.

[quote name='Gandorator' timestamp='1336284493' post='5933514']
if you want to keep stellarforce a level 9, you need to boost it a lot, otherwise it's useless. I suggest you still make it be able to SS itself from your hand if you control 2 or more dragons and be able to be normal summoned with 1 tribute if the tribute is a Dragon.
..and the fusion is beyond horrible, I don't even know where to start.
The materials are impossible with such restrictions. And on top of that you nerf it? I suggest you remake the fusion as a whole.
[/quote]
Really? Maybe I'm just too good with Dragons to be a proper judge then because I've had that Field every time in my past 32 duels with my "Dragon Rage" deck. And honestly, I didn't even save the Fusion card. As to buffing Stellarforce again... I will do one of two things:
A: make him gain 400x the entire field's collective Levels.
B: Remove the damage restriction effect.

This is masochism! Any monster that requires you to give up field advantage should come with an effect that either gives you more field advantage or take away the same (if not more) advantage from your opponent. This is self hate especially for dragons. Why give up so much...just to hinder yourself? I mean if we're talking about offering three for something I would rather use the Tyrant Neptune than...this.

The fusion is wrong from inception. From its requirements to its effect I am sad to say I do not think there is a redeeming quality to it.

I would suggest Stellarforce dragon have no effect other than 200 for all levels on the field and be a level 10 that way dragon users won't have to give up two REDMD to go for Rank 10 Xyz.

Okay, newest revisions.
[img]http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/4518/stellarforcedragonv3.jpg[/img][img]http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/1566/cosmicquasardragon.jpg[/img]
[spoiler='CQD Lore']Stellarforce Dragon + 4 Dragon-type monsters with different names
This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Fusion Summon. Increase this card's ATK and DEF by 600x the total Levels of every other monster on the field. You can discard one card in your hand to destroy one other card on your side of the field and one card on your opponents side on the field. Battle Damage your opponent takes from battles involving this card and another monster is reduced by half.[/spoiler]

[quote name='celecha' timestamp='1336692279' post='5936576']
With an effect as to stellar force dragon maybe make him gain attack equal to the total levels of the monsters destroyed to special summon him x200 this way it gives it a start of 2800 attack monster and probably more
[/quote]No idea what language this is translated from but I sure as hell don't know its syntax. Wanna try English?

I'm sorry for the bad grammar I met to say Change the effect of gaining attack on the field to gaining attack from destruction.
Scenario: 2 level 7 monster on the field tribute to special summon Stellar-force Dragon stellar force gains attack equal to the total level of tributed monsters multiplied by 200.

CQD still gets his full power through when he goes for a direct attack. It's just too easy for him to hit something with <1000 ATK/DEF with a power in excess of 6000. So if he attacks a monster, the bleed-through damage is halved so he isn't broken as hell with a simple Fairy Meteor Crush equip.

If you clear the field with him out though... Let's see.
2800 base + 6000 from REDMD +... actually I don't need to go any farther than that.

Archived