One of the others brought it to my attention that while I appreciate feedback and specific advice on how to get closer to OCG, there are some things that I am less willing to change. This is because I use a form of shorthand that is clearly not OCG, to compress text and make things fit on less space. My goal is to fit as much of an effect as I can onto the Description field without shrinking the text so much it cannot be read, but at the same time to come as close to the OCG as I can. This means I come up with a number of terms that are not as intuitive as I thought they would be. They include:
- Special Summon Lv#. Refers to that Level of the hero indicated on the card. More limiting than 'hero of Level-# or lower.'
- hero: Used as more appropriate than 'monster.' I use 'unit' the same way in my Gundam 00 and Star Wars sets.
- control/influence/poison effects: Exist as damaging effects in the game (ie: Crush Card Virus). I refer to them by category to save space. Some of the cards in my other sets have such effects as well.
- WATER/ice, LIGHT/warm, DARK/cold: I use this to indicate a point on the power spectrum. The last two are more for Ala Alba, but I like to cover my bases anyway. Since Ice does not exist as a type, I added it to WATER. I applied the same method to the other two attributes.
- negate # effect: Denotes monster effects, Spells, and Traps, but must be a limited number only to avoid full immunity issues. By this virtue, it implicitly includes a cool-down period before the effect can be used again. Contrast to 'immune to monster effects.'
- a group/team name in the Circulation Field: indicates what team or team the card is a part of, to determine whether s/he is affected by an effect.
- tribute [name] with # Counters: I'm told the OCG is to say 'remove # Counters.' I could use this because 'remove from play' got changed to 'banish,' however it still takes up more space. The tribute is part of the tribute summon system, which makes sense to me -- but that's just me. I am willing to change this if I can find a way to say it in less words.
Anyway, here are the last cards for my current Avengers Sets. Once I'm done I'm going to go back to my original Avengers set and remove the cards I revised, so I can avoid being redundant. At the same time, I'll leave the cards for heroes I have not revised, so if people are curious they can see who else was among the Avengers. Mind you, that's still not all 87 Avengers. Neither are these. Enjoy them anyway, and as always please do comment and feel free to give me any specific suggestions for improvement you may have. Everything helps, I assure you, especially if you can help me with the OCG while keeping the words tight.
Turns out Johnny doesn't stay dead very well, even accounting for the 'nobody stays dead except Uncle Ben' rule. I've got to say it, I'm sorry: "Heeeeeeeeeere's Johnny!" Also, this makes the Secret Avengers set the only one without its own version of the Unipower card. Fun, right?