Why do you love yu-gi-oh?

almozayaf

[quote]
[url="http://moviebob.blogspot.com/2012/02/tgo-why-do-you-love-video-games.html"]i find these video no long time ago[/url]

it all just one liners of why he love video games

so i was think of doing the same here :D

just write few lines "short lines if you can" about why you love yu-gi-oh "the Anime, TCG,video games and others things" [/quote]

i love yu-gi-oh because of ....

kibs cool cards
to see joe win the duel
yami wining smile

the cool clifhunger each week
the over the top vilins
the shadow games
it time to du-du-du-du-du-du-el

tia rack
mai rack
[b]Alexis [/b]rack
Akiza rack
Astral rack

you can use magic
you can use traps
you can summon monster
you can duel

..... you can add more

I've always loved fantasy. Be it in films, books or video games, I've love being transported to different worlds with magic and dragons and crazy villians and stuff like that. And I like tactical strategy games. Always have done. Stuff your Call of Duty and Fifa 2012, give me strategy games even if I'm no good at them. Yu-Gi-Oh is a combination of the two.

I don't play YGO often, only very seldomly in bursts. Because I'm too into the fantasy of the show. I'm too much into decks that represent a person with every card and miraculous turnarounds and stuff, going to duel for real against meta decks and using cards like Dark Hole and BLS in droves for one-sided matches just feels... let down.

Also, reasons in opening posts. Don't know whether to laugh or despair. Can I do both?

Agree on the first point Comrade. I've not watched an episode since the end of 5Ds, but I reread the first 7 YGO mangas and I suppose that's where I enjoy it most, because it's far more dangerous than the anime. I don't 'love' it like I used to.

I'll still render the cards though, because I like the art (And people want them).

I used to like it, then I started to hate 5D's during the 2nd half with the idiotic story about a trading card hobby causing the city's power generator to explode. 5D's became a mess, and the characters were boring, and it was like the writers dragged out the story to drag it out, kept tossing in random plot points at the wall, all of which mean nothing the second Aporia (or was it Z-ONE?) appears and tells everyone the evil plan, which is just throw a big thing at the city. GEE WILLIKERS! WHAT A TWIST! Now, I just watch it exclusively for the cards. After 5D's, I now hold the GX characters as an example of well-developed characters in Yugioh, well except Jaden because that brooding emo turn was kind of stupid.

[quote name='Yin' timestamp='1336846705' post='5938088']
Agree on the first point Comrade.[/quote]
[quote name='Comrade Trollestia' timestamp='1336846028' post='5938083']
My IQ dropped like 20 points.[/quote]

???????????????

OT: I honestly don't know why I love Yugioh. I'm just addict.

Anyhow, contrary to Crouton, I honestly think 5D's had the best plot because the characters weren't one-dimensional idiots. The only good moment in GX was the Yubel arc, but that's just because everyone died like Demonata and Yubel was the most interesting antagonist ever throughout the four serieses.

DM is a close second.

I consider ZeXal 3rd if you look overall, but most of it owes to just three characters: Shark, Kaito, and IV. TBH, if these three characters disappeared, I would lose almost all reason to watch it. Flipping that logic, these three characters are so insanely awesome it makes the show watching by just themselves.

Well...I don't care much for the show. I stopped watching a few episodes into 5D's. The original series is still my favorite.

As for the actual card game, I love it! Why? Because of the art, the strategy, the excuse to travel to other places, meeting new people and making new friends, etc.

Anime-wise, I first saw the show in Nickelodeon in my country, over a decade ago. Thought it was gonna be bad, and ended up liking it. Then I started getting into it.

I consider the first series to be the best. It's the one that was able to become a hit from scratch and build up most of the game. It also actually had normal-like characters dedicated to real-world-like stuff, and it was able to convince it's audience regarding on the reasons why do they use trading cards to do what they do. Or at least, they make more of an effort on it. After GX started, the idea of a school dedicated to a single trading card game was too idiotic for my taste, and 5ds only escalated the idea of "card games = necesity for life" rather than tone it back down to normal characters with legit reasons to save the world through card games. I also ended up hating most of 5ds' characters the most. Aki became useless, Ruka never won a game without tagging in/out with Rua, pairing up with him, or, well, not winning, Jack agreed too much with Yusei's ideals during the WRGP for a Kaiba-like rival.

I'd consider Zexal my second favorite out of the 4, but to tell the truth, it has way too many recycled elements from the other shows. It's almost a copy/paste structure of DM. It also is as much "out there" in terms of "card game = save the world" logic as GX and 5Ds were. The viewer just has to accept that card games = essential to everyday life to the point that policemen carry Decks around, without giving a reasonable excuse for why not guns like in Pegasus' times. Anime reviewers probably don't even bother with yugioh spinoffs anymore.

IRL TCG wise:
I love the strategy behind it, but I dislike tier 1 level Decks. Everything about tier 1 Decks is often controlled and restricted by the game's designers to top, and I like experimenting with random stuff. For me, even though I have a vast knowledge of the proper game, I like casual fun better. From tier 2, to highlander Decks, to anime-character-based Deck plays.

I don't love it now, but I obsessed when I was a little kid. I saw the show on Nickelodeon I think, and I got into it. Then that my Christmas my parents got me this kick-ass [url="http://www.toplowesprice.com/images_products/Yu-Gi-Oh-Duel-Disk-Accessory-Buy.jpg"]duel disk[/url] and a starter deck (I think it was Kaiba). Then I was hooked. But that was when I was in 1st grade (about... wow, 8 years ago) and now I don't play much. I started to get frustrated when all the new cards (Synchro and stuff) began to come out because it made all my cards outdated and I couldn't afford to get new booster packs all the time, so I faded out of it.

Archived