YCLoveMaker Hotel: We Love You All to Death~!

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

late but great (idk)

Taught? How so?

Basically I had two Minecraft classes.

Engineering is just where we made stuff, our own village, a copy of the Golden Gate Bridge, etc.

Math is where we used the custom camp server and the kids answered math problems from NPCs for resources rather than getting them themselves.

So is this dead? Pretty sure this is now the oldest surviving club, pls don't lock for a necrobump.

dude sup man it's like been a while, how've you been and stuff

stuff and junk you know man. I'm only going to be here a few more days and then I might seriously end up leaving till april 2015

Going to be studying abroad in Singapore for business. Gotta make dat dere dosh

idk what a dosh is but sounds dope man, fr srs

That's actually great though, I wish I could've done studying abroad (didn't want to spend the money). Maybe I'll do a month away next summer or something (though I'll probably have an internship then, so not even).

I'll probably take a break from YCM in the near future too to focus on school. But I'll definitely be active around the times Smash and ORAS are out, for discussion/interaction purposes.

Basically I had two Minecraft classes.

Engineering is just where we made stuff, our own village, a copy of the Golden Gate Bridge, etc.

Math is where we used the custom camp server and the kids answered math problems from NPCs for resources rather than getting them themselves.

Okay that makes sense. I actually told my step-mom that her youngest son, an architecture/engineer, would like Minecraft because that's basically what it's used for.

I'll probably take a break from YCM in the near future too to focus on school. But I'll definitely be active around the times Smash and ORAS are out, for discussion/interaction purposes.

I say we all just need to trade 3DS FCs around the time Smash comes out so we can have matches together.

Also, new DBZA came out today. Sh*t was f*cking hilarious.

Okay that makes sense. I actually told my step-mom that her youngest son, an architecture/engineer, would like Minecraft because that's basically what it's used for.

I say we all just need to trade 3DS FCs around the time Smash comes out so we can have matches together.

Also, new DBZA came out today. Sh*t was f*cking hilarious.

I know a lot of Survival players, but I find the stuff people make in Creative f*cking amazing. Someone made the whole city of god-damn Westeros in there.

I actually recently decided I'm just getting Smash U, but I'd be down to swap FCs anyways.

Pretty sure it's still in the OP for the Pokémon X and Y thread.

I agree, glad the first episode of the Cell saga started it off right. I felt like Android Saga was a little less funny than the others.

Sorry man dosh = money

But yeah should be exciting, maybe when I get a chance I can send pics or something

Yeah dude.

Just realized I still don't know what you look like.

Sate me curiosity mate.

Didn't see a thread on the anime subsection, but is anybody watching Akame ga Kill?

There was one at one point, I think.

I'm watching it, I think it's pretty good. I wouldn't really call it original by any means, but it's good.

I almost want them to tone down the fact that they kill though. Just do it without rubbing our faces in the fact that you're killing people and killing's controversial, yada yada.

Yeah dude.

Just realized I still don't know what you look like.

Sate me curiosity mate.

I look exactly like a JoJo, pls believe

There was one at one point, I think.

I'm watching it, I think it's pretty good. I wouldn't really call it original by any means, but it's good.

I almost want them to tone down the fact that they kill though. Just do it without rubbing our faces in the fact that you're killing people and killing's controversial, yada yada.

[spoiler I know but still]

rip aniki ;_;7

[/spoiler]

Bulat would've been better off in the Jojo-verse honestly.

Jacked - Check

Tall - Check

Fab - Check

Gay - Check

GREAT Hairstyle - Check

Him and Josuke would've been the best buds dude

are you reading/watching jojo by the way? Never asked...

Bulat would've been better off in the Jojo-verse honestly.

Jacked - Check

Tall - Check

Fab - Check

Gay - Check

GREAT Hairstyle - Check

Him and Josuke would've been the best buds dude

are you reading/watching jojo by the way? Never asked...

Bulat is who I would want as an aniki, in all of his glorious, godly machismo.

Do I watch Jojo?

Yare yare daze Remo.

I'm watching the anime and for a show with so much testosterone, I got to say it's the Tits McGee.

Didn't see a thread on the anime subsection, but is anybody watching Akame ga Kill?

What is it about? Never heard of it . . .

I know a lot of Survival players, but I find the stuff people make in Creative f*cking amazing. Someone made the whole city of god-damn Westeros in there.

Yeah I have seen pictures of creations that I really have trouble believing people have made. Like maps from Halo, the Walking Dead, real life, etc.

Not to mention things that the Achievement Hunters have done for their "Let's Plays". I always did want to make a challenge for them with a modded game that was a maze from Hell.

I actually recently decided I'm just getting Smash U, but I'd be down to swap FCs anyways.

Pretty sure it's still in the OP for the Pokémon X and Y thread.

Why did you decide to get Smash U instead of Smash 3DS or both?

I agree, glad the first episode of the Cell saga started it off right. I felt like Android Saga was a little less funny than the others.

Well I think that was because really the Android Saga wasn't that long to begin with. They didn't get that much chance to make funny jokes like they will be able too in the Cell Saga.

Best line, by the way, to me has got to be (omitting any instant-win Vegeta quotes): "Oh My God That is Hardcore! Also . . . Not Good for Me . . ."

Since Team Four Star is on the Cell Saga now do you think they should do the Other World Tournament as well?

If they do, or don't, and actually do the Buu Saga what do you think would be some good ideas for the voices/characteristics of the new characters?

I honestly would loose my sh*t if Buu had a deep black guy voice and make sexual-innuendo jokes. I mean chocolate . . . eating . . . you see where I'm going with this, right guys?

Do I watch Jojo?

Yare yare daze Remo.

I'm watching the anime and for a show with so much testosterone, I got to say it's the Tits McGee.

Had to make sure man, didn't want to accidentally spoil anything in the future.

You should read the manga mang. You'll love the next protag (Josuke).

But yeah I personally think Jojo is currently my favorite shonen. Man the battles are always so good.

What is it about? Never heard of it . . .

It's about teen/young adult assassins in a group called Night Raid trying to overthrow their corrupt. oppressing government in a medieval fantasy setting and people fight with enhanced weapons/armor called Imperial Arms.

It's a pretty good shonen, I'd recommend it.

Why did you decide to get Smash U instead of Smash 3DS or both?

Right now the only incentive I see for 3DS is Smash Run and I'm not too interested in the feature.

I know there are exclusive stages, but I'm not too pressed on those. As long as I'm not gipped from playing any characters, I don't feel like going out of my way for the 3DS one.

I feel like I'll neglect it for the Wii U one once I have both, so might as well save money.

Well I think that was because really the Android Saga wasn't that long to begin with. They didn't get that much chance to make funny jokes like they will be able too in the Cell Saga.

Idk, I just felt like the episodes had less impact overall. But this last one was good, so I haven't written them off (not that I was going to).

Best line, by the way, to me has got to be (omitting any instant-win Vegeta quotes): "Oh My God That is Hardcore! Also . . . Not Good for Me . . ."

Since Team Four Star is on the Cell Saga now do you think they should do the Other World Tournament as well?

If they do, or don't, and actually do the Buu Saga what do you think would be some good ideas for the voices/characteristics of the new characters?

I think they'll do an episode for Other World, maybe two.

As for Buu, well, I know Vegeta3986 was originally supposed to be Super Buu and he would have been good, but that's not happening.

I honestly would loose my sh*t if Buu had a deep black guy voice and make sexual-innuendo jokes. I mean chocolate . . . eating . . . you see where I'm going with this, right guys?

...I'm imagining the most racist potential they could use with Buu being parodied as a black guy.

My inner bastard's vying for this now.

Had to make sure man, didn't want to accidentally spoil anything in the future.

You should read the manga mang. You'll love the next protag (Josuke).

But yeah I personally think Jojo is currently my favorite shonen. Man the battles are always so good.

I heard the translations for Part 4 were wonky or something :/

I want to though. I'll finish Stardust Crusaders' anime and see where I'll go from there.

[spoiler=About Josuke, I heard]

he was Joseph's illegitimate son and that made me sad since I'm taking it he cheated on Suzie Q.[/spoiler]

But my friend vouched for Part 4's quality.

Jojo's just a great, hammy series overall. I thought it was cool how it was one of the first manga to apply logic and strategy to its battles, which is one of the high points of the series for me.

It's about teen/young adult assassins in a group called Night Raid trying to overthrow their corrupt. oppressing government in a medieval fantasy setting and people fight with enhanced weapons/armor called Imperial Arms.

It's a pretty good shonen, I'd recommend it.

Sounds cool, I'll give it a look whenever I can find the time.

Right now the only incentive I see for 3DS is Smash Run and I'm not too interested in the feature.

I know there are exclusive stages, but I'm not too pressed on those. As long as I'm not gipped from playing any characters, I don't feel like going out of my way for the 3DS one.

I feel like I'll neglect it for the Wii U one once I have both, so might as well save money.

Well if you're looking for playing with friends, an essential feature for Smash, you'd be better off getting the 3DS version. More people have a 3DS than a Wii U lying around- you have to admit that's true.

I don't know if the playable characters will be exclusive to each console, God I hope not, so that shouldn't be a problem.

...I'm imagining the most racist potential they could use with Buu being parodied as a black guy.

My inner bastard's vying for this now.

Any more racist than what they've done with Popo?

Sounds cool, I'll give it a look whenever I can find the time.

Well if you're looking for playing with friends, an essential feature for Smash, you'd be better off getting the 3DS version. More people have a 3DS than a Wii U lying around- you have to admit that's true.

I don't know if the playable characters will be exclusive to each console, God I hope not, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Any more racist than what they've done with Popo?

Thing is, I'm living with 5 friends of mine this year and 6 of our friends are in the room next to ours, so I'm good with buds to play with.

I feel like I'd have a hard time playing it for 3DS too. Playing Mario Kart 7 is enough to make my hand cramp after awhile, now imagine playing Smash...

This is true.

Yeah Joseph cheats

Yeah that totally lowered my perception of him a lot.

With regards to the translation, the one for part 4 was recently redone on batoto (although they kept all the hilarious old translation errors like "what a beautiful duwang" and such)

Part 5 is only part way finished, but the old scans aren't that bad, the action just gets REALLY confusing. The big plus of reading the manga is that you slowly learn everything that happens in this massive video

When I first only watched parts 1 and 2, I barely understood anything. Now just about everything, including all the jokes and references are clear.

EDIT: should mention that since there is no english translation, this video makes like no sense the first time, and is just comedy editing/sad moments

Joseph's my favorite character too :/

It's a downer, but I wouldn't let one sh*tty move detract from his overall appeal.

And in that case...I dunno. I DO want to read the manga at some point, but I'd rather it be done in a quality that's not painful to read or anything.

(hoho look how entitled I sound)

There's also the fact I want to get the PS3 Jojo video game and I need to understand everything before playing it.

Yeah that game looks amazing. Once I'm back from Singapore I'll definitely pick it up (and by then it'll be dirt cheap too). Apparently it got a 40/40 on Famitsu. But its true genius really comes in once you're familiar with all the characters and abilities. Specific attacks reference very specific moments in the manga/anime, so it should be fun (for me at least :^)) to watch those moments get re-adapted again in the anime.

If recall, one of Kakyoin's taunts actually just got used in the anime. It was quite delicious mang.

But yeah I'm all over the place with my favorite jojo. Stuck between Gappy (my avatar, whose name is also Josuke, but is just nicknamed gappy by the fandom to make things easier), the other Josuke, and Joseph.

I also have to say, the one thing I think that sets Jojo apart is that since it goes in the whole differing parts format, it really allows for a full story to be told, as opposed to just arcs. There is always definite resolution, which is something you typically only get once at the end of whatever series you're following, which makes it a bittersweet moment at best. But with jojo, you just kinda hope the next part will be as good as the last and just move on to your next story with a whole new fresh cast.

I also have to say, the one thing I think that sets Jojo apart is that since it goes in the whole differing parts format, it really allows for a full story to be told, as opposed to just arcs. There is always definite resolution, which is something you typically only get once at the end of whatever series you're following, which makes it a bittersweet moment at best. But with jojo, you just kinda hope the next part will be as good as the last and just move on to your next story with a whole new fresh cast.

This is actually something I really enjoy too.

Think of all the main series where you hate the main character, being stuck with them the whole show.

Stuff like Jojo or Doctor Who, with rotating main characters, hopefully fixes that issue while also providing a variety of interesting characters and dynamics to explore.

If I ever got around to writing something aside from DEF, I think I'd do this in whatever story I'm telling too. 

I'm just sad because Dragon Ball could have done that too with Goku and Gohan. I still wish Gohan didn't get such a shaft during the Buu saga.

If I ever got around to writing something aside from DEF, I think I'd do this in whatever story I'm telling too. 

I'm just sad because Dragon Ball could have done that too with Goku and Gohan. I still wish Gohan didn't get such a shaft during the Buu saga.

Well you can blame the fans for that. The author wanted to make Gohan the lead and kill Goku, but fans wanted him back so much he basically was forced to do so or else face no one buying his manga.

This is actually something I really enjoy too.

Think of all the main series where you hate the main character, being stuck with them the whole show.

Stuff like Jojo or Doctor Who, with rotating main characters, hopefully fixes that issue while also providing a variety of interesting characters and dynamics to explore.

Well you can blame the fans for that. The author wanted to make Gohan the lead and kill Goku, but fans wanted him back so much he basically was forced to do so or else face no one buying his manga.

Yeah actually, if Gohan had replaced Goku we probably could've still had dragon ball continue just like Jojo with different heroes. It also might have stopped the crazy powerleveling before it got too far out of hand.

Yeah actually, if Gohan had replaced Goku we probably could've still had dragon ball continue just like Jojo with different heroes. It also might have stopped the crazy powerleveling before it got too far out of hand.

Well I hate to say but power leveling wasn't meant for anything but to prove power levels were completely false.

As canon as it's made out to be (considering it's part of the original series), the fans wanted more Goku, so I consider the Buu saga to be fan-fiction. I agree; Even with such a victory over f*cking CELL, Gohan deserved so much more afterwards.

I dunno bout you Fuse, but I found the Android Saga to be pretty damn funny, especially when #18 called Vegeta a troll-doll.

#17 was such an underrated Android. They could've at LEAST devoted a moment to him being a martyr after feeling the bomb inside him disappear or something.

I was referring to DBZ Abridged, if that's not what you were implying. I thought it was brilliant what the Team did with the Arc, as 16, 17 and 18 were definitely pretty enjoyable to watch; as were 19 and Dr. Gero. And they made Cell sufficiently creepy, to the point that he lampshaded the fact.

Archived