Teen Titans: Heroes of the North OoC [CLOSED]

To view the IC Thread for this RP, click [url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/283567-teen-titans-heroes-of-the-north-started-not-accepting/#entry5945490"]here[/url].

==

Hello, everyone! I'd like to welcome you to my latest RP, which is set in the DC Comics Universe, as seen in the animated series Teen Titans. Although I don't doubt that something similar has been previously attempted, I'm confident that I've established a refreshing environment and engaging storyline, and I'm hoping to find some enthusiastic participation. Sure, the Advanced Tag means you'll have to work a bit harder to be accepted, but I am determined to make this an enjoyable RP of the highest quality.

[spoiler=Please Read!][b]NOTE[/b]: Please realize that this RP occurs within the Teen Titans universe, taking place approximately 80 years after the events throughout the series. Although it is helpful and highly recommended for potential applicants to possess some degree of familiarity with said universe, it is possible to participate without any prior knowledge, and every effort will be made to make the RP progress smoothly.[/spoiler]

Please check out the information listed below and take your first step into the many adventures that await you within the depths of the Heroes of the North universe!

[center][img]http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv219/GXCyber_Ice/Heroes%20of%20the%20North/teen_titans_communicator_logo_by_phaeton99-d389ryu-1.jpg[/img]

[spoiler=Plot]It has now been more than 80 years since the destruction of the demonic entity known as Trigon and the mysterious disappearance of the criminal mastermind known as Slade. In that time, the sprawling organization known as the Teen Titans has continued to expand in all directions across the globe, its growth supported by the wealth and expertise of the Justice League. Indeed, it has become the aspiration of almost every young hero to join the Teen Titans in the hope of eventually qualifying for admission into the Justice League as a full member. However, while the guiding forces of light and heroism have grown during this period, so too have those of darkness, and the number of super-powered criminals seems to increase with every passing day, fueled by increasingly common mutations and rapidly developing gadgets. Although many of the League's most notorious and dangerous archenemies—such as Joker and Lex Luthor—have already departed for the next life, their legacy endures, carried by the vicious gangs and villainous technology they inspired.

Responding to this crisis is the Justice League, dispatching its most senior members across the planet in an attempt to preserve peace. Nevertheless, the civilized world stands poised upon the brink of collapse, plagued by internal forces and increasingly manipulated towards the path of open war. In order to manage the rising outbreaks of crime, the Justice League has also approved the formation of several new Teen Titan groups, as well as their assignment to a particular city or region, where they are responsible for upholding order and protecting the common people. In this manner, the Senior Council seeks not only to respond to the rapidly spreading threat of corruption, but also to prepare potential members for the challenges of the future.

In more recent years, however, one particular region has become of serious concern to the leading Council of the Justice League—the Northeastern Region of Sector 4, also known as the United States. Although formerly an area which maintained an open and positive relationship with the Justice League, suspicious, illegal activity has begun to occur within its boundaries, spawning political dissent and sowing the seeds of social unrest and rebellion among its people. The work of powerful, unknown agents, these disruptive crimes have been localized by the Justice League to Aurora City, which serves as one of the regional capitals of Sector 4. Although its technology and urban landscape are remarkable, the capital city also doubles as an unfortunate hotspot for the trade of illegal substances as well as super-powered crime, both in the form of solo agents and organized groups of criminals. Only a few days ago, the Senior Council of the Justice League approved the formation of a new division of young heroes, known as the Teen Titans North, which will be assigned to help manage the problems of Aurora City.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Character Background]You are a Junior Member of the Justice League, the most powerful and influential organization on the face of the Earth, composed entirely of heroes dedicated to the idealistic extermination of evil and injustice. In a surprise decision by the Senior Council, you have been assigned to Aurora City, the modern and deeply troubled metropolis of Sector 4. Working alongside a handful of other young heroes, you will be charged with the protection of the city's citizens, as well as the prevention of serious crimes. The Justice League is famed for the diversity of its members, seeking to equally represent all races and countries within its infrastructure—naturally, this tendency applies to its Junior Members, as well. Whether you are a talented warrior, a brilliant intellect, or a mysterious wielder of more arcane powers, you have been selected for this mission, and your life will destined for intense change as a result. With little preparation, you will soon be thrust into the middle of a delicate and violent situation, where even the slightest mistake can pose grave consequences.

How will you rise to the many challenges and dangers that await you, the mysteries that lie waiting to be solved? No one ever said being a hero was easy...[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Rules. Please Read!]1. Don't God Mod. Doing so will result in one warning. Anytime after that warning will result in a ban from this RP.

2. Posts must contain some IC actions. Meaning no OoC only posts.

3. This is a high-action, engaging RP, and it requires that you post often. Failure to post for more than 5 days will result in expulsion from the RP.

4. The RP will use third-person narrative. This is to avoid confusion and allow for greater character development and description.

5. If you feel that others are slowing the RP down or are creating problems for it, please feel free to contact the Game Master (Saiba Aisu). However, keep in mind that I will have the final say regarding any such matters.

6. You cannot create more than one character at a time. Only Game Masters have this ability, unless specified otherwise.

7. Although a large portion of this RP's appeal is its futuristic, science fiction nature, please do not abuse this concept. When it comes to creating your character, please keep your designs simple and manageable. The same goes without saying for any technology or powers that are involved.

8. The RP will also feature an item/level up system in which each character will be able to improve his or her fighting style as the plot progresses. Items/improved skills will be manifested in different ways, obtainable through special events, challenges, or training, as dictated by the Game Master.

9. You may apply a maximum of two times in a row. For whatever reason, if your character is rejected both times, you will be obliged to wait one business week (five days) before being able to appy again. Any applications posted or PMed during this five-day period will be politely disregarded.

10. All additional RP rules apply and will be enforced.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Banned Powers & Abilities. Please Read!]In this RP, characters will be allowed to possess special abilities or skills of great variety and usefulness. However, there are certain limitations.The following is a list of banned powers and abilities that will not be accepted in any characters you submit. Try and stick with one if at all possible; it can be developed later.

NOTE: This list is courtesy of Lovely Lady, with some minor modifications by myself. Thanks for typing it up!

[b]NOTE[/b]: If you would like to use some of the less-ridiculous powers listed below and you have implemented a limitation that would make it completely fair and balanced, PM the Game Masters with the details before you use it. Exceptions to this list are at my exclusive discretion.

=============

1. Power Shifting
The ability to disperse one power and take on another. The reason why is quite obvious. With this power, you could have every power imaginable.

2. Unlimited Power Snatching
The ability to extract the power from someone rendering them powerless for a remainder of the RP.

3. Limitless Power Absorbtion
The ability to absorb someone's power for as long as the user wishes.

4. Power Reflector
The ability to deflect all powers.
This is just another way of Godmodding which is prohibited.

5. Power Bestowal
The ability to grant others a specific power.
This would be greatly unfair to the opposing Faction since someone could grant each member of their own faction a power to beat the other faction.

6. Negation Power
The ability to cancel out any other person's power.
Obviously this would cause disruption in a battle. All this person needs to do is run around and tag everyone in the other faction and bam! Instant domination. Totally unfair.

7. Biological manipulation
The ability to control all aspects of a living creature's biological make-up. This includes, but is not limited to, genetic alterations, physical distortion/augmentations, healing, disease, and biological functions.
The user of this power has the capability of never being hit in the heart- or virtually dying for that matter.

8. Temporal duplication
The ability to bring past and future versions of oneself back to the present.
Bringing yourself from the past and future messes with the storyline and confuses things easily. Best to avoid this power all together.

9. Invulnerability
The ability to be immune to one or more forms of physical damage.
Two simple words...GOD MODDING!

10. Matter ingestion
The ability to consume any sort of matter without any ill effects on the user.
The power's desription says it all.

11. Reactive adaptation/evolution
The ability to develop a resistance or immunity to whatever they were injured by or exposed to. This effect can be permanent or temporary.

12. Omniscience
The ability to know anything and everything.

13. Domination/Mind Control
The ability to alter the perceptions of others, and general ability to control the actions of others with the mind.

14. Astral trapping
The ability to cause an astral projection to stay on the astral plane, usually in one specific place.
This is just a tad irrelevant. You may have the ability to release your essence into the astral planes, but not being able to trap others.

15. Memory manipulation
The ability to erase or enhance the memories of another.

16. Possession
The ability to take control and inhabit the body of an individual [i]with impunity[/i].

17. Animation/Re-Animation
The ability to bring inanimate objects to life or to free an individual from petrification or the ability to restore a once animate object to life in an unconsious state under manipulation. In certain cases (such as sorcery), this may be acceptable.

18. Disintegration
The ability to disintegrate matter through touch or through beams.

19. Immortality
The ability to live forever. This may be complete immortality encompassing invulnerability, partial invulnerability to all but specific events or simply an inability to age normally.

20. Resurrection
The ability to come back to life after being killed.

21. Intangibility or phasing
This ability is a bit tricky. I would avoid staying away from it, unless a balancing factor is introduced.

22. Molecular manipulation
The ability to mentally manipulate the molecules of objects and/or one's self on a molecular level.

23. Probability manipulation
The ability to alter probability, causing unlikely things to happen or likely things to not happen. Again, this is not entirely impossible, but difficult to balance (at least for PCs).

24. Reality warping
The ability to change or manipulate reality itself.

25. Time manipulation
The ability to affect the flow of time by slowing, accelerating, reversing, or stopping it.

26. Energy conversion
The ability to absorb one form of energy and convert it into another form of energy. Allows user to create any energy, and thus the one that might be able to kill you easily.

27. Dimensional transportation / Teleportation
The ability to create wormholes, portation "discs" or other spatial portals for transport between two non-adjacent locations. Again, acceptable in some cases, but I would advise to stay away from it.

28. Omnipresence
The ability to be present anywhere and everywhere always.

29. Time travel
The ability to travel back or forth through time.

30. Sublimation
The ability to transform into a gaseous, mist, or fog-like form.

31. Substance Mimicry
Ability to transform into substance touched.

32. Power Absorbtion Shapeshifting
The ability to transform into another person with a specific ability and obtain the transformation's abilities while retaining your own.

33. Sound manipulation
The ability to manipulate sound. Can be acceptable in some cases, so long as it is not inherently fatal or overpowered.

Other banned powers / abilities will be added as needed.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Character Application Forms][b]NOTE[/b]: Your characters may not have any relation to canon characters from the DC Comics universe, unless you personally get the Game Master's approval.[/center]

[center][b]USER NAME[/b]: [Your user name. Self-explanatory.]

[b]NAME[/b]: [Any name, so long as it's not something ridiculous. Keep in mind that while Earth has had contact with aliens by this period, they are still not particularly welcome upon the planet. Also, naming criteria should match those of the actual Teen Titans program—don't give your character a name that would be difficult or bizarre to pronounce.]

[b]AGE[/b]: [Over the last 40 years, the Justice League has revised its standards and procedures in regards to the process of selecting members of the Teen Titans. According to these new rules, members must be 16 at the minimum to apply, and 21 at the maximum, at which point they are subjected to several proficiency tests in order to determine their potential as a full member of the Justice League.]

[b]GENDER[/b]: [Male or Female.]

[b][u]APPEARANCE[/u][/b]:

- [b]HEIGHT[/b]: [Nothing too extravagant.]

- [b]WEIGHT[/b]: [See above.]

- [b]FIGURE[/b]: [For reference, pick one of the following: Petite, Slim, Regular, Athletic, Muscular, Overweight. NOTE: Only humanoid characters will be considered for this RP, as it would be too difficult to accommodate too many different body types.]

- [b]HAIR COLOR[/b]: [Can generally be whatever.]

- [b]HAIR STYLE[/b]: [Can generally be whatever.]

- [b]EYE COLOR[/b]: [Can generally be whatever, although I have a low tolerance for cliche selections.]

- [b]COMPLEXION[/b]: [Your skin tone. Within human / near-human limitations]

- [b]CLOTHING[/b]: [The clothing your character wears. Keep in mind that while it can serve to reflect your character's style and personality, it should also be practical and appropriate for fighting crime.]

[b]DIVISION / POSITION[/b]: [The Division to which your character belongs, as well as their position. Currently, the only category available is Teen Titans North / New Member. Upon having review the applications, I will select approximately 4-5 members to participate, one of which will be selected as Team Captain. Depending upon the amount of participation and the presence of other Game Masters, I may also accept anti-heroes / villains in the future.]

[b]POWERS / ABILITIES[/b]: [The abilities that your character possesses. They must conform to the limitations set by the Game Master (see above section). They must be sufficiently expanded - at least 100 words is a bare minimum, more is strongly advised. They should very clearly define what your character can and can't do. Keep in mind that I have little patience for cliche abilities (such as elemental manipulation or psychic powers) or overly complicated ones. In essence, your character's power should be refreshing, unique, and balanced; a good rule is to try not to copy the abilities of other DC Comics characters. It should also be noted that your character does not require supernatural powers; as Robin has proven throughout the series, technological [i]savoir-faire[/i] and martial arts mastery can be equally as useful as any genetic mutations or sorcery.]

[b]STANDARD EQUIPMENT[/b]: [The weaponry or equipment carried or used by your character. Remember, it can be distinctive, but not impractical. Within the first few events of the RP, your character will receive a high-tech Titan Communicator with a variety of functions.]

[b]PERSONALITY[/b]: [A few words about how your character acts, thinks, what their mentality is, etc. It does not necessarily have to be aligned to your Faction's mentality, but they must at least have a solid reason for their decisions. A few sentences are required as a minimum, but you can expand as much as you wish.]

[b]BIOGRAPHY[/b]: [Include the character's biography in as much detail as possible. I realize that this is difficult, as you may not be familiar with the sociopolitical, economic, and scientific circumstances of the future world in which this RP is set. However, it might be a good idea to draw from the Teen Titans universe, with a sprinkling of other futuristic sources like Batman Beyond.][/spoiler][/center]

===

[spoiler=List of Game Masters and Accepted Characters][b]GAME Masters[/b]: The following members are the only ones capable of controlling the plot and NPCs as needed.

• 1. [url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/user/13132-saiba-aisu/"]Saiba Aisu[/url].

GM spots are currently [b]not[/b] available. If the RP is successful, I will consider opening more spots for GMs to help out.

[b]ACCEPTED Player Characters[/b]

• 1. [url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/283162-teen-titans-heroes-of-the-north-ooc-started-accepting/page__st__20#entry5941619"]Kresnick[/url] // [url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/user/114493-hydra-of-clocks/"]Hydra of Clocks[/url] // Accepted.

• 2. [url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/283162-teen-titans-heroes-of-the-north-ooc-started-accepting/page__st__20#entry5942035"]Luxa[/url] // [url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/user/13132-saiba-aisu/"]Saiba Aisu[/url] // Accepted.

• 3. [url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/283162-teen-titans-heroes-of-the-north-ooc-not-started-accepting/page__st__20#entry5942572"]Milani[/url] // [url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/user/214202-hotaru987/"]Hotaru987[/url] // Accepted.

• 4. [url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/283162-teen-titans-heroes-of-the-north-ooc-not-started-accepting/page__st__20#entry5942582"]Kowen[/url] // [url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/user/266107-renegade/"]~Renegade~[/url] // Accepted.

• 5. [url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/283162-teen-titans-heroes-of-the-north-ooc-not-started-accepting/page__st__60#entry5944096"]Hikaru[/url] // [url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/user/188800-shion-kaito/"][u][u]Shion Kaito[/u][/u][/url] // Accepted.[/spoiler]

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be posting an app in a sec. I haven't actually watched Teen Titans, but I do have a sufficient knowledge of the DC Universe (Though I do prefer Marvel) and it doesn't seem like an RP where you would need an in depth knowledge.
Besides, there's always the wiki.

Also, I may have a.... questionable power. How do you feel about Osteokinesis/Bone manipulation, with a minor healing ability that allows him to heal non-major wounds, along with the wounds caused by the manipulation of his bones? Of course, he wouldn't be able to manipulate the bones of living creatures other than himself, and cannot change the density of bones outside of his own body. And the healing would only count towards his flesh, skin, nerves, etc. It would not encompass his Organs, nor major parts of his body(Such as major arterys and the spinal cord.)
The Osteokinesis would also allow him to change the density of his own bones, but only to a certain point. Too light and they would not be able to support his body, and too heavy and it would crush him. Also, pain is not nullified, so asides from changing the density/hardness of his own bones, manipulating them would cause him intense pain.

[quote name='Double C4' timestamp='1337277730' post='5941249']
Questionable, but complex in detail. I like it. And thank God I finally found one RP I can do until Champter returns. But that depends on what happens in this thread.
[/quote]

Yep. You need to get back into other RPs. You're a good person to RP with.

And yeah, It's had a lot of thought put into it. I have used it in another RP, but it is an Awesome power.
My character may have another drawback, but I questioning whether to actually include that particular part, so that I dont rip off my other character.

All these reservations.. I'm setting the limit at about 4-5 to participants, so it's really first come, first serve! Anyways, it seems like you have the osteokinesis power balanced out pretty well. Before I approve it, however, I would like to know what your character will be able to do with it? Would it be similar in nature to that one guy, Kimimaro, from Naruto? He was quite powerful, as I recall..

Rinne: Come on boy, it's the summerrr now. When was the last time we even RPed together? Ages ago.

C4: Really? Cool, I'm looking forward to seeing your application. My character will also probably possess magical powers.

[quote name='Saiba Aisu' timestamp='1337280745' post='5941274']
All these reservations.. I'm setting the limit at about 4-5 to participants, so it's really first come, first serve! Anyways, it seems like you have the osteokinesis power balanced out pretty well. Before I approve it, however, I would like to know what your character will be able to do with it?
[/quote]

He is able to manipulate the structure of his own bones to a high degree, allowing him to create weapons or armor out of it. He can manipulate the density of his bones aswell, allowing him to speed himself up(By lightening his bones), or increase his strength(Increase the weight/density of his bones), and take hard hits(Hardening his bones.) By lightening his bones and creating giant wings out of his bones, he can even fly for short periods of time, though he is rather vulnerable in this state.
He can manipulate large amounts of dead bone in the surrounding environment, allowing him to summon varying sized objects depending on the amount of bone in the vicinity(So a battle site or a graveyard are his ideal battlegrounds). He cannot manipulate the density of bones not attached to him, but can manipulate there shape, and can change the size, although the density increases/decreases in relation(Increasing the size of an object would decrease its density and vice versa.)
He can control these bones telekinetically.

[spoiler=Reply to KCNameless][quote name='KCNameless' timestamp='1337281137' post='5941280']
He is able to manipulate the structure of his own bones to a high degree, allowing him to create weapons or armor out of it. He can manipulate the density of his bones aswell, allowing him to speed himself up(By lightening his bones), or increase his strength(Increase the weight/density of his bones), and take hard hits(Hardening his bones.) By lightening his bones and creating giant wings out of his bones, he can even fly for short periods of time, though he is rather vulnerable in this state.
He can manipulate large amounts of dead bone in the surrounding environment, allowing him to summon varying sized objects depending on the amount of bone in the vicinity(So a battle site or a graveyard are his ideal battlegrounds). He cannot manipulate the density of bones not attached to him, but can manipulate there shape, and can change the size, although the density increases/decreases in relation(Increasing the size of an object would decrease its density and vice versa.)
He can control these bones telekinetically.[/quote]

There's no doubt that this is a really interesting and well-developed power; however, I think it might be a bit much to start the RP with such expansive mastery and control. Remember, your characters are heroes, yes; but also junior members, as they have yet to develop complete control. Having reviewed your explanation, I think there are a few powers that would be a little too much, such as flight and the manipulation of bones outside of his body. While I can see that you're going for complete control over bones, it's highly unlikely that normal bones would be able to change their properties so drastically, especially if they have essentially become dead tissue (which is literally impossible to change, as its cells are no longer expanding or replacing themselves). I don't have a problem with him using his bones to create weapons; however, it seems a bit much that he also receives increased speed, strength, and resilience through this skill. Just how fast / strong / durable are we talking here? Maybe he can develop some of these abilities later..[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Reply to Saiba]

[quote name='Saiba Aisu' timestamp='1337282331' post='5941288']There's no doubt that this is a really interesting and well-developed power; however, I think it might be a bit much to start the RP with such expansive mastery and control. Remember, your characters are heroes, yes; but also junior members, as they have yet to develop complete control. Having reviewed your explanation, I think there are a few powers that would be a little too much, such as flight and the manipulation of bones outside of his body. While I can see that you're going for complete control over bones, it's highly unlikely that normal bones would be able to change their properties so drastically, especially if they have essentially become dead tissue (which is literally impossible to change, as its cells are no longer expanding or replacing themselves). I don't have a problem with him using his bones to create weapons; however, it seems a bit much that he also receives increased speed, strength, and resilience through this skill. Just how fast / strong / durable are we talking here? Maybe he can develop some of these abilities later..[/quote]

Okay. So that can be the future control over his power as it develops.
How about, at the start, he can manipulate his own bone structure to a minor degree, such as extending blades of a certain length out of his body(In a similar manner to Wolverine), creating a thin armor of bones over his own body and the ability to shoot bone projectiles out of his body.
The increased strength and speed are not drastic. The speed is just the lightening of the bones, allowing him to run at a slightly faster pace to the normal human, the strength is merely making his bones heavier, allowing him to make heavier attacks, but these are therefore slower. The durability is just the hardening of the bones, and does not make him immune to attacks and such. It just makes him less susceptible to physical attacks, such as unlikely to break bones.

My main question was what about the healing ability? Because it's kind of necessary to have a slight healing power, or else using this would kill him(Due to large amounts of holes in his body). It wasn't going to be an extreme one, but it heals most shallow to medium wounds, such as the damage from his power.[/spoiler]

The healing power should be fine, as long as it's only his own self-inflicted wounds that he's healing. Similarly, some increased speed, strength, and durability shouldn't be a huge issue.. but [i]don't overdo it[/i]. Generating the bones outside of his body for defensive purposes should be okay in most cases, so long as it doesn't become an impenetrable shield against physical attacks. I'm a bit wary about allowing you to shoot the bones as projectiles, as it's potentially an unlimited source of ammunition. However, so long as they're not overly powerful, it should be fine. It might help if you included some kind of waiting period where he regrows his bones / reformats them, so as to not make attacks instantaneous. I'm assuming his main combat function will be at close-range??

[quote name='Saiba Aisu' timestamp='1337285345' post='5941327']
The healing power should be fine, as long as it's only his own self-inflicted wounds that he's healing. Similarly, some increased speed, strength, and durability shouldn't be a huge issue.. but [i]don't overdo it[/i]. Generating the bones outside of his body for defensive purposes should be okay in most cases, so long as it doesn't become an impenetrable shield against physical attacks. I'm a bit wary about allowing you to shoot the bones as projectiles, as it's potentially an unlimited source of ammunition. However, so long as they're not overly powerful, it should be fine. It might help if you included some kind of waiting period where he regrows his bones / reformats them, so as to not make attacks instantaneous. I'm assuming his main combat function will be at close-range??
[/quote]

He has a limited amount of bone darts? Maybe ten in one hour. He cannot instantaneously regrow bones, but as his main attack range is close-mid range, he generally does not need to regrow them.
As for the increased healing, it increases the speed of all injuries, but it of course depends on the injury. Minor cuts and grazes heal almost instantly, deep cuts heal twice as fast, and major injuries, that are incurable, stay incurable. The injuries from his powers also heal instantly.

Wow, you really put a lot of thought into this.

My concept of powers revolves around the Arcane Arts, but he only has slight control of them, at least when he feels no drastic emotion (like despair, rage, etc.). Basically, his powers have a mind of their own. Whenever he gets overly emotional, he loses all self-control (In both body and mind) and uses his powers to a much higher extent, but he blacks out when it happens. Basically, he's like the Hulk, only having vague flashes and images going through his mind when he's blacked out. And whatever emotion he feels when this happens is the emotion he expresses throughout. The only difference here is that because his Arcane Arts have a severe limit, these bursts only last for about a minute or three. And what type of Arcane Magic will he have you might ask?

Well, his arts revolve around the elements, fire, light, and darkness. And whatever emotion leads to a short burst will not only lead to a specific element being used, but certain abilities that he hasn't grasped to master yet. So, each burst could be of a different reason, and they all might be different. I know this seems like much, but as of now, his abilities limit him to one particular attack per element. His story is fairly interesting as well. Although, when you see his age, you might be thinking otherwise about him. But, let's hope I can still make a good app after so long.

KC Nameless: I guess that sounds okay. Ideally, your character won't be sustaining too many serious injuries; I just want to make sure he's not overpowered.

C4: It sounds like you have to do a bit more development in regards to your character's power.. As I stated in the application, I am generally not a fan of elemental manipulation. Also, the fact that he loses control and sentience when using his abilities is a definite problem; I don't have any issue with unpredictable abilities, but the Justice League would never assign someone who couldn't control their powers (at least to a certain extent). Anyways, I think I'll just wait for you guys to submit your characters before I decide upon the abilities.. After all, the powers should not be the most important thing!

Now, I'm just curious, but since the universe is that of DC Comics, that would also assume that the various Lantern Corps are somehow involved.
If that is indeed the case, would it be acceptable to be a Lantern Corps member? That is, of course, assuming reasonable checks and balances on the Hard Light constructs that are being produced.

I dunno. When it comes to a Super Hero roleplay, superpowers are the defining element of the characters even outside of their individual personalities.

[spoiler= Application]
[b]USER NAME: [/b]Hydra [i](Let's be honest, give me a month and my name's going to have a different suffix)[/i]

[b]NAME: [/b]Kresnik

[b]AGE: [/b]19

[b]GENDER:[/b] Female

[b]APPEARANCE:[/b]
[i]- HEIGHT:[/i] 4'11
[i]- WEIGHT:[/i] 131 lbs.
[i]- FIGURE:[/i] Slim
[i]- HAIR COLOR: [/i]Raven black, though without dye, its true colour is stark white.
[i]- HAIR STYLE:[/i] Kresnik has longish hair that passes her shoulders, tied into a tight short ponytail that keeps most of it away from her face. This is largely a matter of preventing it from getting in the way during a fierce chase.
[i]- EYE COLOR: [/i]Pink to red, depending on the light of the day.
[i]- COMPLEXION:[/i] Albino white.
[i]- CLOTHING:[/i] A slight variation on the New York State police department uniform. Either sleeve bears a strange crest instead of the emblem of the police department, of a red hawk with its wings splayed grasping a black bat (with its wings splayed in the opposite direction) with its claws, against a white field circled in gold to make it appear more like a logo.
A number of pins are affixed to her lapel, several of which appearing to be the logos of various USA police and detective agencies; the symbol of Teen Titans features prominently as the largest of such badges, pinned just above her heart.
She wears a large regulation-grade black belt that a gun holster can be hung on as well, and a pair of thick black boots. Her gloves are expensive black silk, and bear the image of a red hawk's wings once more against the reverse of the palm.
When needed, she also has an expensive-looking navy blue trenchcoat, kept in immaculate order along with the rest of her uniform. While it is mostly bare of decoration, the back bears the same logo of a red hawk flying through the air, but does not include the white field or black bat.

[b]DIVISION / POSITION:[/b] Teen Titans North / New Member

[b]POWERS / ABILITIES:[/b] Kresnik's abilities are broadly known as a form of Blood Magic, a dark art typically associated with vampires and other such beings of evil. While Kresnik doesn't require subsistence in the form of blood as such creatures might, she is capable of consuming a creature's soul (to certain extents) by consuming their blood, so long as it is relatively fresh- soul fades quickly from shed blood, but traces remain for up to a week afterwards.

Blood Magic is largely concerned with manipulating the soul- either of Kresnik herself, or that of another soul she has consumed. The more of a soul she devours, the more control she has of it- an insignificant amount of blood would grant her the ability to sense the owner of that soul's location through instinct, at least until she amount she absorbed dissolved into her system. Larger amounts of absorbed soul grant her the memories and experiences of that invidual, while they lose them at the same rate- this can be a very distressing process to both sides of the exchange, and thus Kresnik takes great pains in stealing too much of one's soul. Completely consuming a soul would grant Kresnik the entire identity of that person as their life fades, which could emotionally cripple or break anyone who isn't a complete psychopath to begin with. As such, Kresnik has never actually done this, and regards the idea of doing so as rather horrific; fortunately, the memory transfer process comes across in fragments that she can't direct, therefore making it largely useless in interrogation.

More practically, Kresnik becomes better at fighting the more of one's soul she absorbs. She is capable of tying her soul to that of one she has absorbed, which allows her share pain across the channel to a certain extent, as well as predict the actions of an opponent to a certain degree (highly increasing her effectiveness in a close-quarters combat situation). She has a limited power over hypnosis, causing those she fights to become sluggish and tired- and indeed, the more of an opponent's soul she devours, the more the opponent will not [i]want [/i]to fight her in the first place. Carrying a large amount of a person's soul will make them less willing to attack you, unless they hated themselves in the first place; all these smaller abilities combine to make fighting Kresnik very difficult and aggravating if she has been able to consume a reasonably large amount of their blood recently.

Kresnik does have methods of fighting even without feeding on her opponent first, of course. She is capable of manipulating her own soul into a physical state of anti-life- essentially, a type of energy that kills living cells it touches. She can form this into a small ball to throw at enemies, release it as a spreading ray or curtain, or shape it into a semi-physical object such as a whip or set of claws; in any case, all of these shapes are very short lived. Anti-life energy, however, is instantly dispersed by photons- which is to say, her attacks will fade away quickly in the light and persist longer in the darkness; as such, variants of the technique where she creates actual weapons out of the energy are almost only used within the shade. Kresnik has to be very careful about how much she uses these techniques- they burn her own soul energy for power, and thus overusing them could result in part of her own identity slipping away. She can increase the longevity of these techniques by supplementing herself with the souls of others, however. For some strange reason, the metal silver and, to a lesser extent, the presence of water also hamper anti-life energy- the ocean can render her abilities almost as useless as a bright day, even if she isn't actually in the water itself.

Kresnik can manipulate her soul into anti-life energy for other uses as well- it is possible to briefly 'erase' her entire body by storing it within the energy, then reversing the process instantly elsewhere. This allows Kresnik to travel very quickly- however, it only functions in places where there is a large span of very dark space. The technique is almost suicidally difficult to pull off when there is almost any light around, and as such is quite limited. If Kresnik has a large amount of someone else's soul absorbed, however, she can direct the energy to travel across the intangible connection between her soul and the other, allowing an instant teleportation; this, however, consumes a lot of soul energy, and Kresnik is not likely to be ready for a battle afterwards.

So long as she has an amount of soul energy remaining, her own blood replicates and reinforces itself at an incredible rate, giving her a limited amount of wound regeneration and allowing her to deoxify her body very quickly. This rate accelerates even faster during and recently following a feeding, and can give Kresnik stamina far beyond that of a normal human. This does, however, work in reverse as well- since Kresnik's blood is far more active than normal, it also consumes her energy at a higher rate. If Kresnik has not fed on blood in a long while, she gets tired or sleepy quite easily, and often must increase her appetite in order to compensate. While Kresnik does not require blood to survive, her body only works at peek condition if she consumes soul regularly.

Even without her Blood Magic, Kresnik is notable for her intelligence and combat skills. As a detective, she is exceptionally good at deriving information from observation and analysis, and can be counted on to quickly ferret out information regarding patterns and situation. She is an accomplished martial artist, which combined with her enhanced physical capabilities, makes her more than a match for any regular human criminal- however, her small frame and poor eyesight allow her to be easily taken down by fighters who use their brute strength or bulk to force matters. To combat this, she prefers combat with a gun, despite an inability to make out specific colors and some shapes- aided by her sixth sense and combat ability, she is still a rather good shot with a gun, so long as the target is a living creature containing blood.

[b]STANDARD EQUIPMENT:[/b] Customized police-issue V39/5 Pistol, equipped with miniature armor piercing rounds and a longer barrel to aide in shooting through thick cover. While the pushback is too much for practical human use, Kresnik's physical abilities allow her to wield it with only slight difficulty. Each bullet is made with an explosive tip intended to shatter the bullet into shrapel, hopefully drawing blood from the target and allowing Kresnik to then chase them down more effectively.
Kresnik also wears a reinforced and compact bullet-proof vest beneath her clothing, five combat knives with iron blades in various holsters on her left side, and carries a satchel containing a large amount of forensic equipment (as well as around twenty clearly-labelled glass tubes, some containing blood).

[b]PERSONALITY:[/b] Kresnik comes off as a rather cold and logical individual, fitting for her image as a young yet renown detective. She approaches problems dispassionately and with a professional air that many would struggle with. From an outsider's perspective, she appears to care very little about the people she actually helps- almost all of her duties are done according to the book, precisely to the book.

In truth, while Kresnik values law and order to an incredible degree, she is first and foremost concerned with justice. Kresnik places a very clear divide between those who choose to do evil and those who do not, and she is unflinching in her resolve to rid the world of all of the former. In this way, her thinking is particularly black and white- while she acknowledges that some villains are worse than others, she does not believe this excepts them from punishment from their crimes, nor does she feel particularly bad for them; in her mind, there is always a choice, and those who fail to choose correctly must be punished.
She is not a particular fan of rehabilitation, and often isn't convinced by people who claim to have changed or turned over a new leaf. This leads to particular friction with others when she fails to totally trust people who have shown themselves to be largely trustworthy at the moment, but she does try not to let petty squabbles such as that interfere with her work. Kresnik is intensely focused on anything she does, and she tries not to let even her own feelings get in the way of it.

When not working, Kresnik can be a difficult person to get along with. She is very much a loner, and can be confused when other people seem to want to spend time with her. She does not have a lot of hobbies, and can often be seen using her free time to continue practising, or researching elements for an upcoming job; she does very little in order to relax. On the very rare occasion when she does choose to do so, she can typically be seen reading a novel; often an adventure fiction not unlike what she already lives. If seen doing such, it is not uncommon for Kresnik to attempt to cover up the fact she was doing anything except working.

While rather stoic within her own comfort zone, Kresnik can become intensely shy when brought out of it. In most cases, new experiences are examined with a hesitant sort of curiosity, but having attention drawn to her (especially for reasons she doesn't fully understand or hasn't expected) is a very good way to get her flustered. When off-guard, her voice becomes noticeably more high pitched (one might even say more natural, as compared to her usual flat low-tones) and she tends to speak at an accelerated rate, rather obvious nervous ticks.

Though Kresnik is generally able to shake off most mental trauma, if something really gets to her she is the type to lash out at herself and those closest to her. She will frequently blame herself for any mistakes, followed by passing the blame to those closest to her; when she is in this sort of mood, it is difficult to shake her out of it. She typically retreats away from the public in this sort of situation, and broods far more to herself.

[b]BIOGRAPHY: [/b]Kresnik was born Lucija Cizec to Slavic immigrant parents. She was birthed with a large number of birth defects, most notably a marrow-cell defect which left her almost incapable of replenishing her own blood- a death sentence, given a few weeks at the very most. Her eyes and skin were left crippled by severe albinism, and both her bones and muscle had atrophied from lack of blood support- the fact she hadn't miscarried itself was a miracle. The doctors gave her a very short time to live, and encouraged her parents to enjoy the short time they would have to spend with the girl.

Her parents were relatively wealthy business owners highly distraught by the news; they sought out every possible treatment for her conditions, but found few that would work. A bone marrow transplant was impossible to the degree it was necessary, and genetic manipulation would take far longer to get results than time they had; both of them were rather desperate, which is why they were willing to listen when a strange man named Kudlak claimed to have a solution when he came to their door.

Kudlak claimed to have power over the nature of blood itself- and with that, he would be able to save their daughter, in exchange for an unnamed price to be collected at a later date. Both of the parents agreed, as they were for want to do, expecting the man to demand an outrageous sum; instead, he took the child and vanished from their presence, whereupon he would drain the child's blood and replace it with his own. He merged their souls together at an intrinsic level, and the child's body grew strong upon being fed the superior blood. He returned Lucija to her parents, apparently none the worse for wear, and from then, promptly vanished- apparently never to be seen again.

For years, Lucija was raised as a relatively normal child. She was faster than the other kids, and stronger too- to say nothing about her intellect, which was grades ahead of anyone else. Her skin still blistered quickly in the sunlight, and she required powerful contact lenses in order to see even semi-normally, but there was little indication that she was anything aside from just an exceptional child- at least, until Kudlak returned to claim his part of the bargain.

In the middle of the night, Lucija's changed blood burned in her veins. She awoke to find her parents -as well as most of those in her neighbourhood- dead, sucked completely dry of blood. The police came and left, but found no leads- the vampire was nowhere to be found, and he let no evidence behind as to his involvement, though Lucija knew it to be true. From that point on, she dedicated herself to hunting evil everywhere- especially those who try to stay hidden from the eyes of the law. She threw herself into her studies and at a ridiculously young age, managed to convince her local police force to take her on as an apprentice. She proceeded to solve dozens of cases -some long cold, some freshly started- with a combination of her Bood Magic and natural intellect, until she was eventually driven by the overly strict structure of the government to begin private practise, allowing herself to be hired out by police all across the country.

She did this for years, and though she caught an innumerable amount of criminals, it quickly became clear that kinds like the one she was chasing -Kudlak- would not be so easily found. Driven by that need to seek out the greatest of enemies, she applied to the new Teen Titans program, hopeful that the highest grade of hero would allow her to find the highest grade of villain.
[/spoiler]

[quote name='Saiba Aisu' timestamp='1337308236' post='5941610']
You mean like.. the Green Lantern? That's a pretty clever thing to notice; unfortunately, however, there is already a new Green Lantern, and she's a full member of the Justice League. ^_^ I really want to see you guys come up with unique abilities!
[/quote]

I was actually hoping Blue Lantern, which represents Hope (...heh, hope), instead of Green Lantern's Will, but if not, then I'll come up with a power in due time.

Protagonist: Okay, sounds good. I'll be looking forward to your application.

Hydra: A very interesting character overall; I appreciate the morbid tones you added to her, despite the fact that she is working towards something admirable. I'm looking forward to seeing how she'll interact with the other characters.. ACCEPTED!

For the equipment part I wanted to know if this was ok, and if it is, can you understand what I was trying to get at.

[size=3]Milani’s only equipment is a very hi-tech watch that has multiple uses. Due to the technology of their time, she has managed to obtain an [i]ExcelS3 Hologram Watch. [/i]A very advance watch that is voice memory activated. When activated the screen of the watch is projected in a green hologram that can be used as a GPS system, computer and a lot more. The [i]EX-Watch, [/i]is also her weapon holder; which is used by scanning the weapon in question in order to copy it into her [i]EX-Watch[/i] database, and then she has to manually put in the stats of the weapon. Then later, by a few voice commands, she can pull up the hologram of her weapon which is then materialized into the actual weapon.[/size]

Archived