Number C32: Shark Drake Vice

[center][url="http://i.imgur.com/hplap.jpg"][img]http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/8341/c32z.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

[center][color=#333333]Rank 4/WATER/Sea Serpent-Type - Effect, Xyz/2800 ATK/2100 DEF[/color]
[color=#333333]4 Level 4 WATER monsters. [/color]
[color=#333333]You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a "Number 32: Shark Drake" you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) During either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and banish 1 monster from your Graveyard to target 1 face-up monster on the field; that monster's ATK and DEF becomes 0 until the End Phase. You must have 1000 Life Points or less to activate and to resolve this effect.[/color][/center]

[center][color=#333333]Discuss.[/color][/center]

Darn. It's bad.

I liked the other effect much better, the one where it had Flame Wingman's burn + Asura Priest. But that was probably too good.

This being a Quick Effect, however, and turning something to 0 ATK/DEF...that's epic. It needs 1 Overlay, plus a monster in Grave as the cost, which isnt too hard. It, like Utopia Ray, is not "once per turn", so if you manage to swarm when you bring this out, you can deal some heavy damage. It also means this almost can't be defeated in battle as long as your LP is 1000 or under and this has Overlay Units.

It's good as a Chaos Number, but it's not as good as Number C39, which is simply much easier to bring out. As I've said before, running C39 often was a decent idea because of Utopia's downside if it didn't have Overlay Units, as upgrading to that would at least not cause a replay when it was attacked, and Utopia is played more commonly, so Mind Control/etc could be hilarious.

Shark Drake doesn't have the same downside or playability, so the best way to bring out Vice is with a Deck specifically geared towards doing it.

[quote name='kingdom Neos' timestamp='1337264904' post='5941093']
Is it me or does this make me think this was the reincarnation of Shooting Quaser based on how it looks.
[/quote]
I think the same way as kingdom Neos. DXXX

It's harder to summon and worse effect wise than C39. Not even the new SD will help, which is weird.

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1337269518' post='5941145']
I think the same way as kingdom Neos. DXXX
[/quote]

You make it sound like thats a bad thing >_> *prepares shot gun for IB4KINGDOMNEOSISBADCOMMENTS because thats unrelated to this topic*

OT: This card could be alright as a last resort type of card in water since they seem to have a few more level 4 targets for Shark Drake to use.

[quote name='kingdom Neos' timestamp='1337270119' post='5941159']
You make it sound like thats a bad thing >_> *prepares shot gun for IB4KINGDOMNEOSISBADCOMMENTS because thats unrelated to this topic*
OT: This card could be alright as a last resort type of card in water since they seem to have a few more level 4 targets for Shark Drake to use.
[/quote]
Its just a running joke. =P

The thing is, Utopia being generic makes it leagues better in useability even in WATER filled decks.

OMG. That Art is incredible, but of course, we can never have an effect to be on-par with its artwork.

Im not surprised it was going to be 4 Level 4 Water monsters,i had called that at one point in time.

Intresting that it can be used during either players turn but, wouldn't you rather make 2 C39 (asusming you were running 2) and win on your turn? o.e

gdit konami.

You're pretty much never going to Summon this by its default Summoning Condition, same as Number C39 (which needed 3 Level 4 LIGHTS). It's just there so you could theoretically Xyz Summon it that way if you dont have Number 32 available.

That's one of the biggest issues with the Chaos Numbers: It's impractical to Summon it by any method other than the appropriate Number, and that's because the Numbers are generic and require 1 less Material to Summon, whereas a Chaos Number needs 1 more Material than the related Number and of the appropriate Attribute.

Most 3 Material Rank 4s aren't worth the effort to Summon, and the ones that are worth the resources still are harder to Summon.

It could be used as a last resort, but it comes down to a huge issue: HOW do you get it out if you're extremely low on LP and in a situation where this will help you? Again, with Utopia Ray, Utopia itself is a very good Rank 4, so most players include it already, and if they need Utopia Ray, they usually have a method to bring out 2 Level 4s and then upgrade Utopia to Utopia Ray.

Rescue Rabbit is a major example of how easy it could be to drop Utopia Ray. An easily accessible card in a powerful Deck could instantly bring out the ingredients for Utopia Ray. And Utopia Ray was capable of up to 4000 damage with its effect, which could easily clinch games, especially since it could come out of nowhere.

But this? It's not as effective in clinching games, although it could potentially be brutal, and the added difficulty of bringing out Number 32 to upgrade to this (especially compared to Utopia) means this is almost never going to be played in the situation it's meant to be.

Archived