[LOCK PLEASE] [The Final Episode] Yu-Gi-Oh! D-Accel: Episode 74/75: The Ultimate End Game

Synchronized

Well, i've read Chapter Six. It was good. Particularly your ability to create unique characters just from your descriptions of thier voices. A very dramatic ending to the chapter, all and all very good.

My head is still reelling from all the confusing secrets. And from the duel in the shadows all that time ago. And i am definately looking forward to everything making more sense.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='HiveNet' timestamp='1342630512' post='5981924']
Well, i've read Chapter Six. It was good. Particularly your ability to create unique characters just from your descriptions of thier voices. A very dramatic ending to the chapter, all and all very good.

My head is still reelling from all the confusing secrets. And from the duel in the shadows all that time ago. And i am definately looking forward to everything making more sense.
[/quote]

Bear with me for one more Chapter and things will start to make much more sense.

Hmm... bit baffled why Ankoku had no physical description, whilst at the same not being hidden by anything to conceal his features. Seems like a rather large oversight.

Chapter was awesome though. Fast, because presumably the next chapter is going to be a 2 on 1 squash which doesn't really justify its own chapter, but awesome.

One other point; been too long since we saw Rai or Terrance.

[quote name='Majestic Star Bahamut' timestamp='1342636958' post='5982010']
Hmm... bit baffled why Ankoku had no physical description, whilst at the same not being hidden by anything to conceal his features. Seems like a rather large oversight.

Chapter was awesome though. Fast, because presumably the next chapter is going to be a 2 on 1 squash which doesn't really justify its own chapter, but awesome.

One other point; been too long since we saw Rai or Terrance.
[/quote]

Ankoku's physical description was left out on purpose, just as the Cloaked Duelist has yet to be revealed as anything other than a quiet man in a hooded coat. I'm waiting on everything to come out at once because it will make sense. At least I hope so.

The next Chapter is a Two-Part, because that's the only way to really bring things to their conclusion, where, with 8, as I said, will be the big reveal. It should be quite interesting to see how we get there, and if it plays out as well on paper as it is in my head.

[quote name='- Neo -' timestamp='1342637394' post='5982025']
Ankoku's physical description was left out on purpose, just as the Cloaked Duelist has yet to be revealed as anything other than a quiet man in a hooded coat. I'm waiting on everything to come out at once because it will make sense. At least I hope so.

The next Chapter is a Two-Part, because that's the only way to really bring things to their conclusion, where, with 8, as I said, will be the big reveal. It should be quite interesting to see how we get there, and if it plays out as well on paper as it is in my head.
[/quote]

Ah okay. Well like I said you might have made an effort to hide his description somehow, sat in a high backed chair with back to cloaked guy or having a mask and cloak or speaking over a phone or something. Because I too thought since we were given a name and description I was thinking 'were have we met this guy before?'

Also, please italicise thoughts or something. I got confused at the end of that section why we'd suddenly gone into first person narration.

[quote name='Majestic Star Bahamut' timestamp='1342638091' post='5982034']
Ah okay. Well like I said you might have made an effort to hide his description somehow, sat in a high backed chair with back to cloaked guy or having a mask and cloak or speaking over a phone or something. Because I too thought since we were given a name and description I was thinking 'were have we met this guy before?'

Also, please italicise thoughts or something. I got confused at the end of that section why we'd suddenly gone into first person narration.
[/quote]

That's because of my computer >_<

When I type them out, if I don't finish, sometimes I'll put the story (or my current progress) to myself in an e-mail so I can work on it on the go, but what happens is it doesn't copy format, so it messes up the italics. I usually go through and make sure I got them all. Must've missed one. I'll go back and take another look.

I tried to read this the other day, but a glitch seems to prevent me from seeing what's in the spoiler tag for Chapter One. I can see the others just fine, just not the first one. I'm really just waiting for glitch to fix itself before I actually start reading. I figured it wouldn't happen after a few days, but I still can't see it. Whether it's the site or your post or my computer, I'm not sure.

Just from looking over chapter two (I admit that I wasn't actually paying attention to plot-related things since I like to start stories for the beginning) I can say I like your writing style. Not too much, not too little. Your dialogue is good, and the duel seems to flow well.

I'll read more closely and give a proper review once this glitch is gone. Until then, definitely keep this up.

((And I tried to post this comment 3 times. It kept getting stuck >.>))

[quote name='SerenadeDSM' timestamp='1342638708' post='5982037']
I tried to read this the other day, but a glitch seems to prevent me from seeing what's in the spoiler tag for Chapter One. I can see the others just fine, just not the first one. I'm really just waiting for glitch to fix itself before I actually start reading. I figured it wouldn't happen after a few days, but I still can't see it. Whether it's the site or your post or my computer, I'm not sure.

Just from looking over chapter two (I admit that I wasn't actually paying attention to plot-related things since I like to start stories for the beginning) I can say I like your writing style. Not too much, not too little. Your dialogue is good, and the duel seems to flow well.

I'll read more closely and give a proper review once this glitch is gone. Until then, definitely keep this up.

((And I tried to post this comment 3 times. It kept getting stuck >.>))
[/quote]

I appreciate the feedback. I tried to fix it by re-doing the spoiler just now, so maybe you'll be able to read. If not, I can certainly copy and paste it into a PM for you to read there, and then you can read the rest of it on here if that's something that would help. ^^;

Wait, so was the gang more or less on the good side, or was the man they were fighting? The way the man fought back, with superhuman powers, yet the gang trying to steal his stuff in the first place, I only see each side as neutral.

Anyway, I notice that you're publishing chapters relatively fast, as opposed to my own fic, which I haven't updated in months. How do you get those chapters done so fast?

[quote name='Randomflyingobjects' timestamp='1342656912' post='5982333']
Wait, so was the gang more or less on the good side, or was the man they were fighting? The way the man fought back, with superhuman powers, yet the gang trying to steal his stuff in the first place, I only see each side as neutral.

Anyway, I notice that you're publishing chapters relatively fast, as opposed to my own fic, which I haven't updated in months. How do you get those chapters done so fast?
[/quote]

As cheesy as it sounds, readers. Having people that actually follow and interact with the story makes it so there's more reason to work harder to get chapters done, you know? When people are actually commenting and leaving feedback, I'm inclined to write more.

I know where I'm going with a lot of the story so it's really just having the drive to write, and with the huge amount of readers I've gained in the past couple of days, that's all the more reason to keep on writing.

Also, the man who defended himself is without a doubt meant to be the good guy. He even clearly stated that he didn't want to fight.

[quote name='- Neo -' timestamp='1342638918' post='5982038']
I appreciate the feedback. I tried to fix it by re-doing the spoiler just now, so maybe you'll be able to read. If not, I can certainly copy and paste it into a PM for you to read there, and then you can read the rest of it on here if that's something that would help. ^^;
[/quote]

Still can't see it. Must just be my computer.

PMing it would probably be the best way to go. No sense in reformatting the post for just one person. XD

I'll review once I catch up to the most recent chapter.

[quote name='SerenadeDSM' timestamp='1342669617' post='5982504']
Still can't see it. Must just be my computer.

PMing it would probably be the best way to go. No sense in reformatting the post for just one person. XD

I'll review once I catch up to the most recent chapter.
[/quote]

Alright, cool. I look forward to your response; Chapter 7 should be done today; I'm already half-way finished with it, and since it's a two part episode, I'm not planning to finish the inevitable duel in this episode.

[quote name='- Neo -' timestamp='1342733919' post='5983148']
Alright, cool. I look forward to your response; Chapter 7 should be done today; I'm already half-way finished with it, and since it's a two part episode, I'm not planning to finish the inevitable duel in this episode.
[/quote]

Have fun with it, just remember not to rush it :) This is looking good so far to screw up now! Good luck!!!

[quote name='Onewhosetmalicious' timestamp='1342734299' post='5983161']
Have fun with it, just remember not to rush it :) This is looking good so far to screw up now! Good luck!!!
[/quote]

It appears to be going quite well so far. As it is, I'm behind schedule. I'd like to be able to finish the first story arc relatively soon, at least before the middle of August, so I'm trying very hard to pace my writing effectively so that it's quality, as well as something for people to actually read. Now that things are starting to pick up and we're actually getting into the story, I'm hoping the pacing will improve as well.

[quote name='- Neo -' timestamp='1342735723' post='5983187']
It appears to be going quite well so far. As it is, I'm behind schedule. I'd like to be able to finish the first story arc relatively soon, at least before the middle of August, so I'm trying very hard to pace my writing effectively so that it's quality, as well as something for people to actually read. Now that things are starting to pick up and we're actually getting into the story, I'm hoping the pacing will improve as well.
[/quote]

You should never rush. Very few things that could be completed early can afford not to have a bit more time spent on them. Quality over Speed after all. Plus, if some thing is good, its worth the wait, and your fic falls into that catagory.

[quote name='HiveNet' timestamp='1342737201' post='5983230']
You should never rush. Very few things that could be completed early can afford not to have a bit more time spent on them. Quality over Speed after all. Plus, if some thing is good, its worth the wait, and your fic falls into that catagory.
[/quote]

In a way, that's why it's been a while since I've updated. But I'm working at it, and it seems to be coming along well so far.

[quote name='HiveNet' timestamp='1342740161' post='5983318']
Nice to hear someone is making good progress. Wish i could say the same. I look forward to reading it.
[/quote]

Looking forward to the feedback. It should be done relatively soon, at which point I'll post it up.

[spoiler=Chapter 7: The Mystery Unravels, Part 1]

[left]Episode 7: The Mystery Unraveled, Part One[/left]

[left][color=#333333]"Don't worry, you'll be fine in a matter of minutes," were the only words the man heard as he fell to the pavement. "Just have to wait for the jikokusori to take effect."[/color][/left]

[left][color=#333333]"Who-who the hell are you?" Tyson asked as he watched a cloak figure approach behind the man, who had now fallen into a collapsed state. The same man that had just annihilated over half of his team was taken out without a single movement. [i]This is some crazy s***.[/i][/color][/left]

[left][color=#333333]"My name is not important," the figure replied in a calm, collected voice, only adding to the intimidation factor given the intensity of the entire situation. "What is important is that this fight has reached its conclusion. There are more important matters at hand."[/color][/left]

[left][color=#333333]"I hate to burst yer bubble, but this fight ain't over yet, cause I'm still standin'." Tyson replied, clenching his fists. His anger was clearly visible as you could see his veins through his forehead. "I don't know who you are and at this point I could care less; I've already been embarassed enough, there's no way I'm gonna let a freak sideshow act make me look like a fool! Rondo, let's get them!" While Rondo remained in place, Tyson took charge, running recklessly towards the figure, who showed no sign of defense.[/color][/left]

[left][color=#333333]"It appears you misunderstood the first time I spoke," Tyson continued running, paying no attention to the words, which would soon catch up with him, "I did not challenge you to a fight, for this one, this one is already over."[/color][/left]

[left][color=#333333]In a quick burst of light, so fast Tyson wouldn't remember it happening once he recovered, the events of the past few minutes caught up with him. The man's actions, the brawl with Rondo, and finally the shot that took out Tyson himself, all of it before the cloaked figure had even arrived. The pressure on his mind was incredible; he couldn't even keep his eyes open long enough to assess the situation. "What-what's going on?!" He cried out, but he knew his words would not be heard, they simply sounded like muffled screams. The last thing he saw before he was rendered unconscious was the sound of Rondo's footsteps, walking away, out of the distance, still not uttering a single word. And it had appeared the man, nor the cloaked figure, had decided to chase after him.[/color][/left]

[left][color=#333333]"Sora, is it not?" The cloaked figure spoke, turning his attention to the man who lay on the ground at this feet. "Sora Tenjioshi. I have heard much about you; it appears you are to be my final opponent, then. While I've still yet to fully grasp this power, it looks as though it might have had a greater effect on you than I first expected. Perhaps I must wait until you recover, and we shall postpone this duel to another time."[/color][/left]

[left][color=#333333]Not once showing a change in emotion, the figure began to walk away, leaving the carnage that lie around him just so. As he took a step, he felt something grasp his leg.[/color][/left]

[i]Hm? [/i]
[left][color=#333333]It was Sora's hand. He had appeared to be unconscious; the figure was sure he had been knocked completely unconscious.[/color][/left]

[i]How could this be? [/i]
[left][color=#333333]He had only begun to learn the technique, but the effects it had on all the others should have been even less intense than this one. The energy required to control this situation had been far greater due to the increase in people as well as energy, so much so that he felt even himself becoming a little fatigued.[/color][/left]

[left][color=#333333]"Clearly you are too weak to fight now," the figure replied, expecting Sora would release his grasp. "We shall do battle very soon, for it is of the utmost importance. Unfortunately, if you aren't even able to stand, you most certainly aren't able to survive a duel with me. And that wouldn't do either of us any good."[/color][/left]

[left][color=#333333]"You need to tell me...tell me what happened just now." Sora managed to muster up the words, but just barely. "Why...why were they unable to fight while I was able to move freely? For just a few moments, they were frozen in time, or so it seemed."[/color][/left]

[left][color=#333333][i]He was able to move freely inside the jikokusori? That's impossible![/i] "Unfortunately, I am unable to go into any further detail. All that matters is that they were taken care of; you said you didn't want to fight, anyway. Consider this a favor. Now if you please, I must be going."[/color][/left]

[left][color=#333333]He tried to pry his leg free, but Sora refused to let up, infact tightening his grip, shooting pain the entirety of the leg. He had never felt such a strong pain before. [/color][i]What kind of individiual is he? There's nothing special about him; I've got no reading on an inner-energy or anything like that, so how could he...I don't understand. Why would Ankoku insist I challenge him?[/i][/left]

[left][color=#333333]"I prefer to stray away from violence, but will defend myself if necessary," Sora replied, a collected confidence in his voice. "With that being said, the remaining two, they never physically provoked me, there was no reason to harm them; whatever that was, it created fighting that was entirely uncalled for. I detest those who employ violence. If it is a duel you want, I will give it to you."[/color][/left]

[left][color=#333333]"Don't be a fool; there is no way you could even stand, never mind - " [i]Impossible![/i][/color][/left]

[left][color=#333333]Slowly, Sora forced himself to his feet, brushing his hair out of his eyes. Not once taking his eyes off the cloaked figure who stood before him, he walked towards the sidewalk, opening up the drawstring bag which had been the reason for all of this violence from the get-go. He opened it, pulling out a sleek black duel disk, lined with a lightning bolt along the sides, crimson in color. He placed it on his arm and stood; waiting for the cloaked figure to take his place on the other side.[/color][/left]

[left][color=#333333]"Fine," he replied, "then so be it. But I am making it clear that I am not responsible for what happens to you from here on out. Just remember I was against this."[/color][/left]

[left][color=#333333]"I will be sure to keep that in mind," Sora nodded his head and activated his duel disk. "Let's do this."[/color][/left]

[color=#2A2A2A]"I suppose it would be unwise to waste any further time." The cloaked duelist stated, amazed at how easy it seemed for Sora to stand on two feet. He should've been in far worse condition. This duel worried him somewhat, because he knew his own capabilities and the effects that could have on someone in Sora's condition. But he had no choice; it had to be done. [/color][i]Just have to remind myself what this entire thing is for. Mercy is for the weak. My father wasn't shown mercy, so I can't afford to show it myself.[/i]

[color=#2A2A2A]"Agreed," Sora replied casually. "But I must inform you, you see my dueling style mirrors that of my actual viewpoints. Just as I do, my monsters refuse to strike unless they are first provoked. Should make for an interesting battle."[/color]

[color=#2A2A2A]"Wait, so unless I attack you, you refuse to attack me?" He asked. "I can understand and almost show admiration for your bravery and honor, but this is a duel, not a fight. If you hold back I can guarantee you will suffer a most painful defeat."[/color]

[color=#2A2A2A]"If that is what you believe, then I invite you to make your move." Sora glanced over his hand, selecting but one monster card and placing it onto the duel disk. "For all I'll be doing is calling to the field my Valiant Knight." A portal opened in front of him as beams of light began to circle around, growing in intensity. A robed warrior wielding a katana emblazoned with a strange symbol, one which seemed strangely familiar no less, took stance on the field.[/color]

[color=#2A2A2A][spoiler=Valiant Knight][/color]
[color=#2A2A2A]****/LIGHT[/color]
[color=#2A2A2A]Warrior / Effect[/color]
[color=#2A2A2A]If this card is targeted for an attack: You may activate 1 Quick-Play Spell Card from your hand. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can discard 1 card; if you do, you can Special Summon this card during your next Standby Phase.[/color]
[color=#2A2A2A]1800/200[/spoiler][/color]

[color=#2A2A2A][i]It's amazing the resemblance his monster bears to him. Not just in form, but there's something about those eyes; I'm not sure what it is about this man, but he is very much unlike the others I've faced.[/i] "Well then, I suppose I'll go. And I'll begin with my Summoner Monk, in Defense Mode." The mage, clad in a deep purple cloak, took to the field, standing upright. As a bluish aura began to surround him, he knelt down, a horizontal card appearing beneath him.[/color]

[color=#2A2A2A][spoiler=Summoner Monk][/color]
[color=#2A2A2A]****/DARK[/color]
[color=#2A2A2A]Spellcaster / Effect[/color]
[color=#2A2A2A]When this card is Summoned: Change it to Defense Position. Once per turn: You can discard 1 Spell Card; Special Summon 1 Level 4 monster from your Deck in face-up Attack Position. It cannot declare an attack this turn.[/color]
[color=#2A2A2A]800/1600[/spoiler][/color]

[color=#2A2A2A]"While I respect your methods, I am afraid I must break then down," as he spoke, the duelist placed the 'Heavy Storm' Spell Card from his hand into the Graveyard, a cost to pay which would allow his Monk's ability to take effect. "For you see, by activating the ability of my Summoner Monk, I am allowed to Special Summon a Level 4 monster from my Deck straight to the field. So come forth, Genex Blastfan." A gust of wind struck the field, blowing Sora's hair out of his eyes as a mechanical creature with a fan-blade torso, green in color, appeared on the field, its feet not quite touching the ground.[/color]

[color=#2A2A2A][spoiler=Genex Blastfan][/color]
[color=#2A2A2A]****/WIND[/color]
[color=#2A2A2A]Spellcaster / Effect[/color]
[color=#2A2A2A]When this card is Special Summoned: You can add 1 DARK "Genex" monster from your Deck to your hand.[/color]
[color=#2A2A2A]1600/400[/spoiler][/color]

[color=#2A2A2A]"Once my Blastfan hits the field, I can then activate [i]its[/i] Special Ability." The fan blade located in the creature's center began to accelerate, blowing strong gusts of wind throughout the area. "With it, I can add a DARK "Genex" monster from my Deck to my hand, and I choose my Genex Ally Birdman."[/color]

[color=#2A2A2A]Sora simply stood still, showing no reaction or change in emotion to any of the moves being made. He waited, well aware of what was coming next.[/color]

[color=#2A2A2A]"Now, since I control Blastfan, I can take it from the field and add it to my hand. By doing so, I can then Special Summon Genex Ally Birdman to the field." In a mix of dust and wind, the mechanized fan vanished from the field, as a robotic bird-like creature, dark green in color, took its place. "I'd prefer not to waste any more of your time, or mine, so I suppose it's only fair I make an effort to bring an end to this duel before it becomes a serious issue. You see, since Birdman was brought to the field by means of its own effect, it gains five-hundred additional attack points."[/color]

[color=#2A2A2A](Genex Ally Birdman) = 1400 + 500 = 1900[/color]

[color=#2A2A2A][spoiler=Genex Ally Birdman][/color]
[color=#2A2A2A]***/DARK[/color]
[color=#2A2A2A]Machine / Effect[/color]
[color=#2A2A2A]You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by returning 1 monster you control to your hand. If this card is Special Summoned this way: It gains 500 ATK. When this card leaves the field after being Special Summoned by its own effect: Banish it.[/color]
[color=#2A2A2A]1400/500[/spoiler][/color]

[color=#2A2A2A]"Now then, Birdman, take out his Knight with Screeching Shock!" The bird took to the skies, circling around a couple of times before releasing a red-colored shockwave from its mouth, straight towards the defenseless knight."[/color]

[color=#2A2A2A]"Since my Knight has been provoked," Sora explained, selecting a card from his hand, "I will allow him to defend himself! Go, Forbidden Chalice!"[/color]

[color=#2A2A2A]"Wait, what?!" The duelist exclaimed, showing a change of tone for the first time, "You can't, there's no way to activate a Spell Card during my turn, especially not from your hand!"[/color]

[color=#2A2A2A]"That is where you are mistaken," Sora replied, "see, patience pays off, and as you can see my Valiant Knight is a prime example of this. While he prefers not to fight, he can defend himself flawlessly. And thanks to his special ability, if you target him for an attack, I can give him the assistance of a Quick Play Spell Card from my hand during your Battle Phase."[/color]

[color=#2A2A2A][spoiler=Forbidden Chalice][/color]
[color=#2A2A2A]Quick-Play Spell Card[/color]
[color=#2A2A2A]Target 1 face-up on monster on the field; until the End Phase, it gains 400 ATK and its effect(s) are negated.[/spoiler][/color]

[color=#2A2A2A]"Forbidden Chalice gives my Knight a four-hundred point boost, meaning it has more than enough points to defend itself," Sora said as the knight leapt into the air. "Now, attack with Shatter Slash." Birdman stood no chance as the much larger knight slashed it clean in half, causing a pixelated explosion admist the field.[/color]

[color=#2A2A2A][b]Cloaked Duelist's Life Points[/b]: 3700 [/color]

[color=#2A2A2A][i]I made the mistake of underestimating him, despite what I'd seen him do already. You can rest assured that is not a mistake I will make twice.[/i] The duelist placed a card from his hand face-down on the field. "I understand now. In order to defeat you, I will have to use my full capabilities."[/color]

[color=#2A2A2A]- - -[/color]

[color=#2A2A2A]"ALL UNITS DEPLOY NORTH, GET ANYONE AND EVERYONE WE CAN TO THE CodEn HEADQUARTERS IMMEDIATELY, NOW!" A voice blared over the loudspeaker of Lieutant Raio's patrol car, citizens on both sides in a panic as a slew of cars were dispatched, sirens blaring as they tried to maintain order while moving as quickly as possible.[/color]

[color=#2A2A2A]"s***, Chris, you getting a read on this?" Raio asked over the radio. "There's this weird ass pressure in the air. What the hell is going on?"[/color]

[color=#2A2A2A]"Wish I could tell you," The man on the other end was Officer Christianson, a veteran officer, twenty-five years old, on the force who had been a part of Neo Domino's police force for about five years. With the increased rate of crime in the city, it was decided upon that Sector Security was not an efficient means of protection; the time of Turbo Dueling and spectacle had long since ended, and safety had to be the top priority now. Christianson had taken the younger Raio, twenty-one years old and in his third year on the team, under his wing. He had to say, though; the thrill of something big like this happening had awakened something in him he hadn't felt in quite a while. [/color]

[color=#2A2A2A]The chaos was anything but calmed as Raio pulled up to the entrance of the monstrosity; CodEn headquarters. The former home of Kaiba Corporation had been completely rennovated in almost no time at all, with the immense resources and spending the new company had to throw around. Immense, [/color]

By the time he had arrived, dozens upon dozens of officers had begun to storm the front. The once immense, intricately designed glass doors that marked the entrance to the building had been cracked and shattered - very little remained of them at all. It was an almost eerie sight as innocent citizens and workers had taken to the ground, many of them involuntarily. Chris couldn't tell if any of them were alive at all.

For a few moments, the events of the outside world were not happening. In his mind, all he could see were the bullets which had been fired, countless shots from what looked like AK-47 rifles, wielded by multiple gunmen who looked like normal employees. Somehow, in his mind, he could see that after taking out the civilians, they had begun to shoot each other. The vision was blurred, and he was unsure how, but for a moment it was as though he was recalling the event which had taken place just minutes earlier. Most of the gunmen were dead, though a few appeared alive and wounded.

The inside of the building had been torn to shreds; scraps, paper, cards, you name it; they were all over the place, scattered as though a tornado had hit the place. The officers were calling his name, but he did not respond, completely zoned. Was this just an illusion? Or was he somehow able to see something that had happened?

Wait. There was that pressure again. The same thing Raio had brought up over the radio; he could begin to feel it inside the building, pushing down on him and forcing the air from his lungs, like it was ripping the breath right out from inside him. In a sudden moment, he snapped back to reality. "Sargeant Christianson, sir, are you alright?"

"I'm fine," he replied, speaking to one of the officers below him. "Don't worry about me. Check the entire area; see if they left anyone alive! If a person is even breathing, regardless of their condition, get them medical help immediately! I don't care if we have to call every damn ambulance in this city, get these people to safety! Where is Lieutant Raio?"

"Sir he..." there was a silence in the room; he began to feel that pressure once more. "Unfortunately, he's not in stabile condition. It's unlikely he'll survive the attack."

"What?!" Chris felt panic rising inside of him. "What attack? There were no gunmen left standing when we entered! Where the hell is he?!"

The officers stared at him with blank expressions as he felt a tear stream down the side of his cheek. He was quick to wipe it away, attempting to avoid seeming weak, but he wasn't fooling anyone. "Sir, upon entry to the building there were multiple armed gunmen posted on the floors above, we lost many men in a matter of seconds. Something happened to you, like you froze in place or something. They fired a shot, but Raio jumped in the way to..."

"That's enough!" Chris interrupted, driving his fist into the wall, causing blood to run drip down his knuckles. Raio had taken the fall for him. It wasn't the first time. Since that day, he'd had trouble living with himself, knowing that the danger and trouble that the young Lieutenant had encountered that day was all on him. And now...it felt like someone had gripped his soul and was literally ripping the life out of him. That vision...he had no control over it. Why did it appear as though everything was fine to him while the fighting was actually going on? He felt his breath tightening; it became increasingly difficult to breath.

"Sir, are you alright?!" A panicked officer called out. "Sargeant, say something damnit!"

"I have to...I have to find him. Where is he?"

"He's one floor above us; he led a group of officers to stop the attackers on the second floor," the officer explained. "They succeeded in stopping them all."

"But you said he took the bullet for me," Chris said, "How is that possible?"

"The boy has that incredible spirit about him, you and I both know that," he replied. "It took more than that shot he took for you to keep him down. They got his upper torso pretty good, but there was no way he was going to let those men go in alone. It was admirable, what he did."

[i]Incredible...[/i] "Quickly, all of you, secure the area and tend to the wounded! I have to speak with Raio; insure he gets assistance as well!"

He turned away from the officers and dashed to the staircase. The difficult breathing was still there, but he ignored it, rushing to the side of his fallen comrade. By the time he got there, Raio was still breathing, but he was in bad shape. Chris grabbed his right hand, squeezing tight. "Soldier, are you with me?"

"Chris...I..."

"There is no need for words, Misori." Chris felt his eyes beginning to water as the man smiled. He knew his sacrifice would not go in vain. And besides, that was their duty, after all. To protect by any means necessary. "You're gonna make it, we'll get you to the hospital in no time and everything will be fine, just stay with me here!"

"Listen, don'...don't worry about me." Raio tried to speak, coughing up blood as he did so. "I'm not what's important here. It was [i]him[/i], I saw him."

"Who?" Chris asked, trying to keep his composure. "What are you talking about soldier?"

"It was only for a brief second, but he was controlling them. I saw it, it wasn't in the flesh, but I saw it. For a moment my mind flashed somewhere else, and I saw this vision. I don't know who or what he is but he was the one responsible for taking over these people. Every single...person dead in here now was just a...an innocent employee...there was no motive behind their shooting, they were not acting on their own accord."

"Are you saying they were brainwashed?"

"Ye...yes. I know it's hard to believe, but I'm telling you, I know what I saw. I've never seen anything so terrifying in my life." Raio's grip was slipping; his grip with reality as a whole.

"Stay with me, come on! We'll get you out of here!"

"Don't be an idiot! We don't have time for that now." Raio tightened his grip once more. "I'm not going to survive even if you rush me to the hospital, but if you don't do something about this now, many more people will! Don't you get that? Trying to save me will only result in the deaths of hundreds more."

"It should have been me..." Chris managed to mutter the words. "You didn't have to take the fall for me."

"I know I didn't. But whatever is going on here, they are going to need you much more than they'll need me." Raio said. "You're the most honorable person I've had the pleasure of knowing, and I know you'll be able to stop whatever this madness is. I don't regret what I did because at least this way, I know I was able to contribute to the cause."

"Misori..."

"Chris...don't let your guard down. These people are innocent...don't let them...die." And with that, he faded off.

[i]Raio...[/i] Chris stood up, screaming at the top of his lungs, so loud, yet he was unable to hear the sound. [i]Two times I have avoided death and placed that burden on someone else when it should have been me. Two times, innocent people have died at my hands. Whatever this is, I swear to you, I will stop it, even if it means the loss of my own life.[/i]

- - -

"It is my move, then." Sora drew a card, adding it to his hand. While he could take the opportunity in front of him to get rid of the Summoner Monk and prevent giving the opponent an out to the next play, it would require an unprovoked attack, and he would not allow himself to do that. "I will place one card face-down and bring an end to my turn."

The cloaked duelist picked up his next card. "I too, see no reason for unprovoked violence. However, what will happen here is an unfortunate necessity. Your defeat should be the ultimate test of my power, which makes this duel all the more interesting." The card he'd drawn was 'Invader of Darkness'. A unique twist; perhaps fate was on his side, after all. Or was this Ankoku's work? It was no matter, through some means or another he was able to gain the resources necessary to completely obliterate his opponent's strategy. This "test" was about to reach its conclusion. "Now then, since I still control my Summoner Monk, I can activate my Union of the Bretheren Spell Card."

[spoiler=Union of the Bretheren]
Normal Spell Card
Target 1 Level 4 or lower monster you control; Special Summon (from your hand or Graveyard) 1 Level 4 monster with the same Type as the targeted monster.[/spoiler]

"By selecting Summoner Monk for my Spell's effect, I can immediately Special Summon Genex Blastfan to the field. So rise once more, Genex Blastfan." It appeared, as the mechanized fan returned to the field, it was aware it wouldn't be staying for long. "Now, by sending both Genex Blastfan and Summoner Monk to the Graveyard, I can Normal Summon Invader of Darkness!"

For the first time, the cloaked duelist began to show signs of emotion as darkness swirled around him, a cyclone of energy growing in intensity as a menacing fiend clad in golden armor appeared on the field, taking the energy from the duelist and using it to power itself. It sported a black cloak, similar to the one its master had on.

[spoiler=Invader of Darkness]
********/DARK
Fiend / Effect
Your opponent cannot activate Quick-Play Spell Cards.
2900/2500[/spoiler]

"What is this intensity?" Sora clinched his fists together, the energy from the creature far more powerful than anything he'd ever felt. He still remained in place, and confident. [i]I feel as though for one of us, this will be the final duel. If I should lose, I will do so honorably.[/i]

"If you wish to defeat me now, you have no choice but to attack!" The duelist exclaimed, laughing somewhat maniacally, a demeanor completely different from earlier. "Unleash the darkness hidden inside of you and use that power to achieve victory! Now, prepare to feel what true power is! Your strength is nothing compared to the energy flowing through me! Invader of Darkness, destroy his knight with Dark Shadow Blast!"

"Sorry, but it appears you have forgotten the ability my monster possesses." Sora placed a card into his duel disk. "I activate the Spell Card, Forbidden Tunic."

[spoiler=Forbidden Tunic]
Quick-Play Spell Card
Target 1 face-up monster on the field; it loses 1000 ATK, until the End Phase. If it is destroyed by battle, its controller can draw 1 card.[/spoiler]

"While you say forgotten, I say chose to ignore! Thanks to my monster's ability, your Spell Cards are useless! Now feel my power!" Sora, bracing for impact, watched as the knight was obliterated. But it didn't stop there, as that same dark energy was headed straight for him. It crashed straight into his chest, and the pain was unreal.

[b]Sora's Life Points[/b]: 2900

[i]How is this possible? Such real pain. Am I bleeding?[/i] He was, too. The energy had sliced straight through his chest, leaving a sizeable wound on the right side.

[i]It seems as though the power has come to fruition. This is what I am capable of. Now I will be able to make those who have harmed my father pay for their undoing![/i] "I apologize, but your sacrifice will end up being worth it. For you see, this sacrifice is for the greater good!"

Sora was woozy, the loss of blood catching up with him far more quickly than expected. But he would hold on. At least until the end of the game.

"Now you have no choice but to attack, for it is the only way to save your life! Embrace the darkn-"

"Move a muscle and I'll shoot you dead." The cloaked duelist stood, frozen in place. He felt the cold chill of the gun barrel as it pressed against the back of his neck.

[b]To be continued...[/b][/spoiler]

Things have started happening... Its all good. Particularly the end, which is different to the norm in most fics. And thankfully, no more everything is screwing with my head. Unless its confused me so much it now makes sense....

again, probably not paying enough attention, but have we seen the start of that Sora duel? Or is it one which we randomly turn up in halfway through. Sorry for the stupid question.

[quote name='HiveNet' timestamp='1343063977' post='5986400']
Things have started happening... Its all good. Particularly the end, which is different to the norm in most fics. And thankfully, no more everything is screwing with my head. Unless its confused me so much it now makes sense....

again, probably not paying enough attention, but have we seen the start of that Sora duel? Or is it one which we randomly turn up in halfway through. Sorry for the stupid question.
[/quote]

The only duel we see in the episode is Sora's duel with the cloaked duelist.

Of course, the point of that huge cliffhanger at the end was to tie everything together, and finally explain what the hell is going on. However, if you think that means your head will no longer be screwed with, I have some disappointing news for you, good sir.

As always, grateful for the feedback and I'll be getting around to reading yours later this afternoon.

I READ IT.

Rather I skimmed the duels and read the rest.

Um... okay, I probably need to read more in depth than I have been since I can't seem to think of what to write a full review for, but yeah, you know how I am. I have a tougher time reading through Yu-Gi-Oh! stories these days.

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1343073375' post='5986541']
I READ IT.

Rather I skimmed the duels and read the rest.

Um... okay, I probably need to read more in depth than I have been since I can't seem to think of what to write a full review for, but yeah, you know how I am. I have a tougher time reading through Yu-Gi-Oh! stories these days.
[/quote]

The duels are far from the main focus of the story, so you might be better suited to read everything else and skim the duels (at least up to this point) otherwise the next Chapter will confuse the everliving hell out of you.

[quote name='- Neo -' timestamp='1343074795' post='5986558']
The duels are far from the main focus of the story, so you might be better suited to read everything else and skim the duels (at least up to this point) otherwise the next Chapter will confuse the everliving hell out of you.
[/quote]

Nooo. My poor poor mind. Oh, and i meant at any point. Has the start of the Sora duel been done at anytime?

Archived