Return of the Orichalcos (Finishing/PG-13/IC)

October 12, 2032
Detroit, Michigan
22:12 PM Local

"And it's time for our update on the green comet Faust. Jeremy, what do you have for us?"
"Well, Charlotte, Faust, which is still made of an unknown glowing green rock, is about 4 weeks away from us, and any wanna-be astronomer can see it right outside in the night sky. Just look for the green star. In fact, in about a week, it should be close enough for us to see it during the day. When Halloween rolls around, we should get an eerie green glow in time for the big night. Also, remember to check your property insurance. There have been reports of meteorite fragments already beginning to hit us, and these will become more and more frequent as Faust nears us."
"And what is the current estimate of the comet's trajectory?"
"It's still hard to say, but its said that Faust will just barely enter the space between the Earth and the Moon before heading towards the Sun, curving around it, and then catapulting back out of the Solar System. Every space agency on the planet that can is gearing up to send probes to Faust to figure out what the heck its made out of."
"Well, whatever it is, it sounds like its going to make big news here on Action News 7. After the commercial break, we have news on the Columbus Day regional qualifiers held over at Duel Arcadia, and how one scientist is prepared to make a breakthrough in the strange substance Faust is made from."
"WXYZ-TV. Serving Detroit for over 80 years."
"Does your ski-"
A flatscreen television turned off in a flat. The view outside overlooked downtown Detroit, as well as an amusement park located on an island in the middle of the Detroit River. The one who turned off the television got up and walked around the couch she had been sitting on, past a kitchen, and stopped momentarily as she walked by a child's bedroom, filled with toys. The woman kept walking, her bare feet making no noise on the wooden floor, though her long red hair swished slightly with every step. A slender hand pressed a button, which called for an elevator. Once inside, it conveyed her swiftly down from her flat to an underground garage and workshop, where she stepped around several husks of what used to be motorcycles to a blood-red vehicle that was almost all curves, with some areas being unable to distinguish where the painted shell ended and the chrome machinery began. She hopped onto the bike, which immediately revved its engines, as if greeting an old friend. A pair of goggles formed around her golden eyes while the motorcycle eased forward just as she was done positioning herself. Rider and motorcycle moved as one, gaining speed and eventually exiting the garage to zoom through the amusement park, then across a bridge and into city traffic, weaving in and out of the paths of cars with a supernatural grace, the rider's face determined to do something. Finally, she pulled into an ovular park in the middle of a roundabout, got off of her motorcycle, and walked forward until she encountered a cloaked figure.
"Where is she?" Itsu Fudo asked the woman, though it was more of a growl than a request. "Where is my daughter?"

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color=green]"I knew you would come."[/color] The woman replied, with a slight reptillian hiss behind her tone. [color=green]"The Great Leviathan whispers your name, it echoes throughout all of existence. You are a saviour, a hero, a [i]troubleshooter.[/i].."[/color] She chuckled a bit, and the ground before her shook. [color=green]"Or should I say 'were?' You don't do that anymore, do you?"[/color]

She took a few steps back and took a polite bow, very well aware that this entity was getting annoyed with her. But if she had tried to attack her, she would have found that the body of this woman was harder than diamond, much harder than diamond.

[color=green]"You're too careless, Itsu Fudo."[/color] She whispered.

For a moment reality began to warp around her, similar to when a Field Spell is activated. But this was much different, this was her very power [i]overwriting reality.[/i] For a moment, the scenery resembled that of a valley fully covered in 'orichalcum', otherwise known as the stones of the Orichalcos. It was really similar to standing on the very surface of the comet nickname Faust, but it wasn't the same. It was more like a 'mirror', a reflection of the real thing. The sky however, stayed the same, and then the new reality faded away back into the previous one.

[color=green]"Your daughter was right[i] there.[/i] You could've saved her."[/color]

The woman laughed.

[color=green]"Allow me to introduce myself. I am [b]Archetype Earth.[/b]"[/color] She told the timetraveler. [color=green]"At one point you had unknowingly held the title 'Archetype Yu-Gi-Oh', but you've abandoned it already. A shame, really."[/color]

Her eyes glowed sharply, and then an invisible force knocked Itsu a few back feet, an uncounterable force, one that was similar to gravity, but was actually of a completely alien concept of law.

[color=green]"You want your daughter? You want your pwetty wittle Atsu-chan?"[/color] She mocked, before assuming a serious face. Behind the cloak was a reptillian body, as she had deactivated her human-masking device. Her arms rose high up into the air. [color=green]"I need her. I need every soul I can get. Surely you must know the feeling, the risks one must take to be a hero! [b]I need to save the world![/b] This planet! You came from the heavens, and so could many others! Aliens! This world is in constant danger, and I'm the only one strong enough to save it! It chose me for this job,[i] I am Earth's champion. I must do this."[/i][/color]

She sighed. [color=green]"Do you understand?"[/color]

Itsu grimaced and gritted her teeth, her fists clenching in rage. One could almost imagine flames dancing inside of her eyes as she glared at her opponent. [color=#800000]"Don't make me laugh. You're no champion. You are only a pale imitation of a hero. A true hero wouldn't send goons to kidnap a 7-year-old girl from an after-school program. A true hero would be trying to find a way to stop this comet instead of letting it destroy civilization as we know it. I have seen worlds where the Orichalcos has succeeded, and the result is not pretty, especially for this planet. What you think will help will only do harm, but your god blinds you to the truth. Now, I accepted your little invitation to come out here, so tell me where Atsuko is, or I start going down my list of ways to kick your scaly ass!"[/color]

Archetype Earth's eyes glowed, and as they did the Seal of Orichalcos formed around them. An inescapable dome field that cut them off from interference. Even if Itsu tried to focus the full power of her amulet to leave, she might find that the field would repel it as easily as opposite magnetic forces. A wave of power surged from her, a wave that shook and trembled the ground.

[color=green]"Civilization? Hah!"[/color] She said, treating it like her own private joke, but she didn't elaborate further.

Instead, a Duel Disk materialized onto her arm. It was ancient technology, but she preferred it over the uselessness of the new D-Gazer and D-Pad system. She always did prefer real waves over virtual systems. The Seal of Orichalcos was already set in its Field, and five cards were in her spare hand. The surge of power continued to erupt, and it was quickly obvious that this surge couldn't possibly have existed in any ordinary Earth-like world, any of the others Itsu had been to. Archetype Earth was the one-in-a-million chance that this troubleshooter had the bad luck to run into.

[color=green]"I'm afraid you won't fully comprehend anything I do or say."[/color] She continued. [color=green]"But that is okay. I want to see...what you're capable of."[/color]

She grinned.

[color=green]"You want your daughter? I activate the Ritual Spell card Orichalcos Mirror, sending the Level 6 Timeater to the grave to Ritual Summon [b]Mirror Knight Calling!"[/color][/b] Then, in front of her appeared a large diamond gem, floating without support. (ATK 0 -> 500) [color=green]"When it's summoned, I can bring forth four Mirror Knight Tokens. Since you've been to other worlds, you might already be familiar with their effects. Nevertheless, by its effect I place four Shield Counters on each of them,"[/color] four knights clad in armor made of a mirror-esque metallic material appeared onto the field (ATK 0 -> 500), [color=green]"...Set a card, and end my turn. What will you do next, I wonder?"[/color]

LP: 4000
Hand: 1
Field: Mirror Knight Calling (ATK 500), Mirror Knight Token x4 (all ATK 500)(all 1 S-C).
S/T: 1 set

Itsu's arm-wings extended out, crimson lines forming on them to indicate card slots. A phantasmal head of the Crimson Dragon formed around her left hand, then settled as it turned into a Duel Disk, complete with a deck already loaded. She drew her five cards, then a sixth, and smiled at the result. [color=#b22222][i]<Perfect.>[/i][/color] She thought to herself. [color=#b22222][i]<Those Mirror Tokens and their friend are going to be annoying, but I think I have something that will work in my favor.>[/i][/color] She placed down a Spell Card. [color=#b22222]"First, I will activate Molten Transmission Field! This allows me to send Laval Magma Cannoneer and Laval Volcano Handmaiden from my Deck to the Graveyard!"[/color] A bubbling pit of magma radiating intense heat formed at Itsu's feet, and she sent 2 of her cards from her Deck to the Graveyard. [color=#b22222]"However, since I sent off a Laval Volcano Handmaiden, her effect activates, allowing me to send another Laval to my Graveyard!"[/color] She reveal a second Handmaiden. [color=#b22222]"And this Handmaiden has the same effect!"[/color] She then drops a third Handmaiden into the pit. [color=#b22222]"And now, I send Laval Lakeside Lady to the Graveyard as well!"[/color] A fifth card floated down and sunk below the lava before the pit sealed back up.
[color=#b22222]"Next, I activate the effect of my Laval Lakeside Lady! Because I have more than 2 Laval monsters in my Graveyard, I can banish her and another Laval, like my Laval Volcano Handmaiden, from my Graveyard to destroy your set card!"[/color] A fireball erupted out of Itsu's Graveyard slot and headed straight for Archetype's facedown.

[spoiler=Cardex]
[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Molten_Transmission_Field"]Molten Transmission Field[/url]
[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Laval_Magma_Cannoneer"]Laval Magma Cannoneer[/url]
[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Laval_Volcano_Handmaiden"]Laval Volcano Handmaiden[/url]
[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Laval_Lakeside_Lady"]Laval Lakeside Lady[/url]
[/spoiler]

Off in the downtown Detroit area is a loft condo complex with beautiful loft spaces on the inside. Lucas in his loft is calmly reading print-outs of popular dueling forums to better understand the this card game that everyone is in such a fuss over. Curled up with the T.V. providing ambient background noise as he reads popular threads such as "Why do Wind-ups never win a National Tournament," "Running Veiler at 3 a Good thing," "Luck vs. Consistency," and so on and so on. He had a nice bottle of fine scotch to go with his interesting little debates which oddly enough provided some amusement. Reading about how the young get so worked up over something so frivolous was somewhat entertaining. These youngster don't even know the trials and tribulations that shall befall them when they get older but it is a blessing to be able to rant and rave about cards. Better than doing drugs anyway. Reading these forums reminded Lucas of when he was taking his grandson Victor to regionals and having to sit back and wait around for an entire day because of how long those tournaments ran. Victor would come back and complaining how the refs got a "ruling" wrong and how his opponent had no skill because he "netdecked" or something to that nature. All of these terms just shot over Luca's head but as a loving grandfather of course he was all in with his grandson. Lucas took a drink as he was accidentally strolling down memory lane.

The T.V. was set to the news and the anchorman of the time began to mention the approaching comet Faust. Lucas knew what this truly was. It was his new goal or more exactly the key to achieving his new goal. The comet of the Orichalcos, what was said to help his new leader lead him to the legendary city of Atlantis. Its not that Atlantis held any riches or that it held an ancient power that has never seen before. It wasn't even the possible notoriety that came with being a one of the people who "discovered" Atlantis. It was simply the fact that Atlantis had existed in the first place and he was going to be able to see it in his old age. He was worried about not living an active lifestyle after his retirement, but that is no longer a worry this card hobby and new soul taking venture keeps him going. Lucas turns off the news and goes to another channel. He gets up and goes to his window with a marvelous view with his scotch in hand and simply stares.

Lucas' mind wonders to his first duel where he used the field spell that takes away the human soul. His opponent was the same age as his pro-league grandson. In fact it was one of his grandson's rivals. Of course Lucas was getting hammered in the duel. He wasn't used to casual play yet, let alone serious tournament players. Luckily the field spell's great effects supplemented for his lack of skill and with the ability to get under the skin of the youngster he was able to win. He never had an animosity towards the boy but in order for this whole Atlantis thing to happen sacrifices must be made. Lucas smiled as it was somewhat fun playing a children's card game. He takes another shot.

As the sky is dark and he can see the beautiful Detroit city lights from his loft and he knows that its going to be an intense 4 weeks. So before he gets called out to duty.

[color=#ff8c00]"Whew, its time for this old man to call it a night."[/color] He says with his empty scotch glass in hand.

[color=green]"As you attempt to destroy, surely I will activate in reply!"[/color] Arche declared, almost rhythmically.

Her card flipped open, revealing itself to be an ordinary card, a common one not unlikely to not have been unheard of - but one that nobody could do anything about. There was a sly grin on her reptillian face.

[color=green]"Waboku."[/color] She said lightly, and then chanting filled the field, going all through the Mirror Knights and its source. [color=green]"Now, whatever you do, I do believe I'll survive this turn. Hip hip hooray."[/color]

Itsu didn't seem too worried. [color=#b22222]"Next, I will Normal Summon Laval Cannon in Attack Mode!"[/color] A burly, grey-skinned cyborg with an eponymous cannon attached to his left arm stomped onto the field. (1600 ATK|LV4) [color=#b22222]"And now, my Cannon's effect! I can Special Summon a Laval monster that has been Banished, and I choose Laval Volcano Handmaiden!"[/color] A burst of flames next to Cannon allowed a young woman with tan skin, a blue and metal dress, and fiery orange hair to appear. (100 ATK|LV1|Tuner) [color=#b22222]"I will now Synchro Summon!"[/color] Volcano Handmaiden leapt into the air and twirled around, turning into a ball of flame that dispersed to reveal a green ring of energy. Laval Cannon started to rise up, and entered the ring, becoming an outline with 4 stars inside. [color=#b22222]"The flames of war rampage across space and time! Cut through the barricade with your shining blades! Synchro Summon, appear now, Laval Dual Slasher!"[/color] The ring and stars fired off into a powerful energy beam, and a figure dropped from the blast down to the ground. He had red and black rock-like armor with several metal plates placed into her body, a black mohawk above a pair of glowing golden eyes, and two blades, one on each arm, that gave off intense heat from their molten edges. (2400 ATK|LV5) [color=#b22222]"I will set 2 facedown cards, and end my turn."[/color] Itsu readied herself for whatever her opponent was about to throw at her.

[color=#b22222][u]Itsu:[/u][/color] 4000 LP
Hand: 2
Monsters: Dual Slasher (2400 ATK|LV5)
Spells/Traps: 2 FD
Graveyard: Transmission Field, Handmaiden x 3, Cannon, Cannoneer
Banished: Lakeside Lady

[spoiler=Cardex]
[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Laval_Cannon"]Laval Cannon[/url]
[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Laval_Dual_Slasher"]Laval Dual Slasher[/url]
[/spoiler]

Idris let out a long yawn as she stretched her arms above her head in an effort to rid herself of the grogginess threatening to overcome her. She’d been wondering around for most of the day on her grandfather’s instructions, under the excuse that she was ‘young and fit’ while he was ‘old and tired’. As far as Idris was concerned that translated to ‘I’m lazy and would rather let you do all the work for me.’

She gave a brief glance up at the sky, a few early stars winking at her as she wandered down the street. Her gaze shifted over the green flickering spot right in the middle, the orichalcos comet that had been named ‘Faust’ by the media, Idris frowned up at it before lowering her gaze, she didn’t give a damn about it but unfortunately the rest of her family did and she had long ago learned arguing with her family was a lost cause.

Her thoughts where suddenly brought back to reality when she sensed a sudden release of energy from nearby - one of the ‘gifts’ of her family inheritance - and it was not a feeling she liked, it felt powerful and ancient and that was never a good sign. Pretty much every instinct she had told her to go in the opposite direction and if she was anybody else she’d agree with them but alas she had her duties to think of.

She quickly took the next corner and followed the direction of the energy release, quickly spotting something in the distance that made her freeze on the spot. She knew what that green glow was even from here and what it meant. She paused, chewing her bottom lip for a moment and trying to decide what to do.

Kori walked through the alleyway of the city, trying to hide himself from potential duelists wanting to challenge him. Its not that he didn't want to duel. The main problem was why he was dueling. He was given the order to steal the souls of duelist that lose to him. He didn't trust this order one bit, but he thought of a plan to not duel anyone. If he was to avoid every duelist that comes his way, then he wouldn't have to duel. Therefore, no souls would be lost. He took a card out of his deck box: The Seal of Orichalcos. This draded card was the card that ruined his chances of going into the pro-leagues. A wave of hatred washed over him as he attempted to rip up the card, but stopped. He has to be at least somewhat 'loyal' to the 'fearless leader' of the cult. Kori sighed as he put his back against the alley wall and put the card back in the box.

Lance was walking down a sidewalk, focusing on the iPhone he held in his hands. He was tapping away at the touch screen, pushing here and there, dragging his finger across it quickly and smoothly. He was playing an old puzzle game called "MYST", a personal favorite of his. Eventually he came to a stop. He was standing next to an alleyway, one he would always go down to get to his apartment. He looked down the alleyway, then back at his phone. He tapped the screen a couple times, pushes the top button, and slid it into his pocket. He turned back to the alleyway and proceeded down it. A few yards ahead of him, he noticed someone ahead of him, moving his way. The person looked a bit short, and seemed to be wearing some dark clothing.

Kori's eyes widened as he noticed a man has spotted him.This is going downhill way faster than he had originally planned. He had to think of something quick. Something to get the potential duelist away from him. A warning. That's perfect. He got up from the wall and gestured the man away. "Its really not safe to be here at night." he said in a polite voice. "Terrible things have happened here in the city and its been on the rise. Please try to be safe around here."

Lance sighed. "[i]Tsk, how annoying...[/i]" he thought. He looked the man in the eyes. "[i]This is the way I take to get home, friend. Either you don't come this way often, or you're lost.[/i]" Lance said. [i]"[i]And if you're not lost, then I may as well ask why you [/i][/i]are [i]here in the first place.[/i]" he inquired.
"[i]He seems kinda jumpy, even at this hour... If he's trying to avoid attention, he could at least do a better job of it. I mean, what's all this about terrible things happening? I know this part of town better than most...[/i] [i]Ahh, this is just annoying.[/i]" Lance thought.

Alexander was strolling down the streets of Detroit, pulling the neckline of his jacket up to cover his chin. It was when he looked up to see if he could cross the street that he noticed a faint green glow from far-off. "I know that glow..."

[i]Alexander stood on the edge of a large emerald circle, his eyes glowing with a faint reddish tint. His face is plastered with a totally apathetic expression, while the teenage girl across from him has a very worried look.[/i]
[i]"Now," Alexander stated flatly. "I will attack your Heroic Champion Excalibur with my Gimmick Puppet - Nightmare Homunculus. Now, by detaching one Overlay Unit from him, I can destroy one monster you control, and inflict damage to your Life Points equal to half its combined ATK and DEF. So, I select your Elemental HERO Nova Master."[/i]
[i]A wicked amalgamation of many human parts that brandished seven swords leapt at the two monsters, swinging its arms wildly. Two of its arms detached themselves, hanging on only by threads. The detached arms drove their weapons into the large monster with flaming armor, causing it to turn pitch-black and shatter.[/i]
[i]The teenage girl's Life Point counter dropped from an unspecified total to zero. Her body was enveloped in a harsh green light, and her soul was rent from her body, being pulled into the green shard of crystal around Alexander's neck.[/i]

Alexander shook his head, dispelling the thought. He didn't like thinking of doing that to people...He didn't want to do it ever again...

It was then Alexander noticed the girl who was just a short ways down the street. It seemed to him that she had noticed the light as well. She looked worried, and Alexander began to walk toward her. He stopped, however, petrified at the thought of talking to someone, especially a girl.

It was late, though the lights of the city almost obscured that fact. On his way home from work, Palir still could hardly believe the transformation of the city around him. In his memory, Detroit had been almost a joke, a city about which one would make snide remarks regarding its pollution and crime levels. Now, the word 'utopia' might not be entirely appropriate, but would do a adequate job of explaining the city's new life. He looked around at the streetlights and traffic signals before checking his PDA; he'd become one to take his work home with him, even if he was technically 'off the clock'. Smiling at the readout of [b]"ALL TRAFFIC SYSTEMS NORMAL"[/b], stepped off of the train at his station and began waking home. He gazed up at the sky, and stared at the green light among the almost-invisible stars. [i][color=#006400]A normal comet wouldn't be this visible with all the light pollution, and if I'm correct, that comet is giving off an enormous amount of power. It might just be enough...[/color][/i] Looking back at where he was walking, he noticed something peculiar, a otherworldly green glow coming from an intersection several blocks away and overpowering the light pollution from that area of the city. [i][color=#006400]That glow is the same color as the comet. Wait, could it be? The group that there have been rumors spreading about? It might be a good idea to go investigate what's happening over there...[/color][/i] His walking speed increased before breaking into a run, straight ahead towards the source of the glow.

Kori noticed the intimidation isn't working. In fact it was making it seem like a crazy homeless guy he occasionally sees on the street. It was getting worse by the minute. He moved his hand to his other arm, in an attempt to bring out his duel disk. He hesitated at it, but he dropped his hand, having his conscious take the better of him. He looked around for any other exit. There was one right behind him, but it was where the person was going. Oh, the irony, all the things he was trying to avoid was put right into his face. If he didn't know any better, he was a trapped rat [i]"This is really bad."[/i] Kori thought in his head. [i]"All my options all lead to my dueling. As much as it pains me I might have to duel him and get it over with."[/i] Kori swore could hear the Seal of Orichalcos card tell him to use it. He fought the urge it was giving off as best he can, trying to fight off the malice that his 'leader' put into the card. He managed to fight off the urge, while it was still a minor thing in his mind. He sighed and walked away, in hopes of the person not to challenge him to a duel. [i]"Please don't challenge me. I don't want [b]her[/b] to find out that I found a duelist"[/i]

Idris turned away from the ominus green glow in the distance in an attempt to get control over her nerves. As she managed to gain control over her thoughts she breathed a low sigh and turned back slightly to face the glow more, the green light contrasting with her dark skin tone as well as the black marking down the right side of her face. Turning around she caught something out of the corner of her eye, somebody else on the other side of the street apparently having noticed the green glow in the distance as well, of course how couldn't he? She quickly turned away and put her attention back to the glow.

She'd never seen the glow before but she recognized it from the research her grandfather had done and no other card made a glow like that, it was almost alien. She knew what it meant when someone played that card and she knew that there was nothing she could do to prevent it.

[i]Aaaaand I have no idea what to do now,[/i] she thought to herself.

While her only interst at the moment was getting the heck outta dodge she somehow found herself still staring at the glow and then back at the boy across the street. It might've been the light but she could swear she saw a sense of recognition in his face.

[i]Ah, screw it,[/i] she thought.

The next moment she found herself jogging closer to the source of the light, she may as well confirm that the rumours about the orichalcos where true and weren't just some more of her grandfather's obsessive rambling.

"WXYZ-TV. Serving Detroit for over 80 years-"
"This is CNN, with-"
"Now on Cartoon Network it's-"
"This is BBC America-"

The old 14 inch TV is switched off by Aaron, bored by the poor selection of shows that where on that particular night. He swung his body around on his desk chair, the momentum swinging him to his desk. It was a simple, smoothed wooden slab, held upright by four silver pillars that where its legs. On the desk, Aaron had littered it with many of the objects he used everyday. On the left there was a replica battle city duel disk, modified to include extra deck and banished card slots, finished in a stylish glossy white. Next to the duel disk was Arron's deck, faced down. The large slab of paper next to the deck was his sketch pad, which was opened to a work in progress of a vibrant landscape. To the right was Aaron's laptop, which was not in the best condition. A wireless mouse, which rests on the laptop, has taken half of the silver finish off the laptops surface, and the power cable is wrapped around the bottom of the screen, to keep it from pulling itself out. Along with those, an array of soft-leaded pencils where scattered around the desk. Arron picks up one of those pencils and puts it to the sketch, scribbling new detail into several of the unfinished trees that dotted the scene.

However, Aaron couldn't focus. He rubbed his right eye with his left hand to sweep away the sand that was beginning to form in his eyes. Placing the pencil down next to his pad, he rested back on his chair, staring at his wall. On the wall was a corkboard which took up the area around his desk, which was decorated with the newspaper cuttings from his brief time on the duel circuit, along with sticky notes about his work and a calendar. He glared at the board, the voices of the past filling Aaron's head as it was drifting from the real world. It was a couple of minutes until something snapped Aaron out of his trance; the IPhone in his pocket, vibrating. Aaron shook his head to get his senses together, then took to answer the beckon of his IPhone. It was just a reminder that one of his apps had devised:

[color=#696969][i][font=courier new,courier,monospace]"Duel Monsters Unlimited: Void Adept has requested to be your friend"[/font][/i][/color]

[i][color=#daa520]"Sigh."[/color][/i] Aaron thought, looking back down at his sketchpad, [color=#daa520][i]"I need something to do. I can't just rot in here for the entire week."[/i][/color]

"This is, like, the fifth time this has happened at one of our shows," muttered Shannon McKowen, the current GM of the DWF (Duelist Wrestling Federation). She appeared rather shaken up about what had just happened, though not to the same extent as her father, Enzo McKowen, who was basically reduced to rambling nigh-incoherently in the other room.

"Still can't believe it!" said CJ Brat, one of the twenty-or-so wrestlers in the same locker room. "Two of those... cultist freak shows tried to ambush me and Grand Event at the ring during our fight. I'm just glad we won against them, or we would've ended up like those fans from a few days ago."

"Well, this certainly wouldn't be good for--" began one of the female wrestlers, but was interrupted by Enzo McKowen suddenly barging in, still continuing his tirade of rambling, intermixed with words not meant to be repeated on a PG-13 show.

"FUDGING CULTISTS!! BREAKING IN... INTERRUPTING MATCHES... ATTACKING AUDIENCE MEMBERS... BAD PUBLICITY... CHILDREN'S CARD GAMES!!!" Some of the wrestlers tried to duck out of the way of the torrent of saliva gushing from the federation owner's mouth.

Shannon gave an exasperated sigh, her face clearing showing that she was not in the mood for her father's tantrums. "Daddy~<3" she said in a suddenly sugary sweet tone, "could you do me a big favor?" She then abruptly elbowed her father in the ribs, shouting, "Sit down and take a Valium!"

Enzo doubled over back into an empty spot on a bench nearby. "*cough*... fine... I'll be good...."

"But seriously," asked Barby, the female wrestler from before, "what are we going to do about this?"

"Nothing, at the moment," said Shannon in a somber tone. "As I'm sure most of you know by now, these attacks have been happening all over the globe, not just at our events."

"Right... ever since that meteorite appeared," said Slade Thorton. "From what I've heard, this cultist group is responsible for the rising number of comas happening everywhere."

"Ah've 'eard 'tis lashings more serious than dat, fella," added Remus. " 'tis more loike de victims 'av their souls stripped from their own bodies."

As everyone else began speaking up, giving their own theories and opinions (including one saying that it was the work of aliens), one wrestler, Gabriel Guerra, a.k.a. War Garvas, remained silent, his head held down as he mind began racing.

"Gabe? Yo, Gabe!" Tom Seda waved a hand in front of Gabriel's face, trying to snap the masked wrestler out of his trance. "What's up? You've been quiet since the ambush."

Gabriel looked up, a frown and furrowed eyebrows being the only features of his face visible through his mask. [color=#b22222]"... I'm a little worried... about [i]mi familia[/i],"[/color] he said, referring to his foster parents who run the orphanage in Mexico.

"I know how you feel," Tom replied. "Ever since this whole "Faust" thing, I've been worried sick about my family, hoping nothing bad's gonna happen to them while I'm away."

Gabriel nodded, then turned to Shannon McKowen. [color=#b22222]"So, boss, what's your call?"[/color]

Shannon heaved a sigh. "Well, I had a quick chat with Dad, and even he's agreed," she said with a subdued tone: "we're... going to have to postpone the show until further notice." At this, most of the locker room broke into a mini-uproar. "I know, I know! I'm not too happy about this, either, but until this situation resolves, we're going to have to take precautions. We can't risk having any further casualties, especially--"

"But it's not even our fault!" shouted a random jobber. "It's that stupid cult that's to blame--!"

"No-one's placing blame on anyone!" Shannon yelled, raising her voice above the jobber's. "Besides, you guys should be more concerned about your friends and family. They could use the support." Another voice responded with an "Amen, sister!"

[color=#006400]“It’s my turn.”[/color] The woman stated bluntly, and drew her next card.[color=#006400] “I will not underestimate you. Therefore, you are determined worthy to see this card....”[/color] Suddenly, around the ring of Orichalcos appeared a secondary ring, a second line of angelic letters constantly repeating the word ‘Orichalcos’. [color=#006400]“I activate its effect. During the Main Phase, I can increase my Life Points for 500 for every monster I control. As I control five, I gain 2500.[/color]” Her Life Points shot up to 6500. [color=#006400]"Then I will activate Tritos, completing this seal."[/color] Suddenly, a third ring formed around the second. Escape was impossible.

[color=#006400]“Now...[i].I overlay my soul with all my monsters, the Seal of Orichalcos and its two layers!!!”[/i][/color] She declared.

She then started an ominous chant in an unrecognizable language, a long ne which she skimmed through quickly. When she was done, lightning flashed in the dark yet stormless sky. And the entire field, the entire field of Orichalcos they were in, it was all swept in a hurricane of energy. [b][i][color=#006400]“Come forth, Divine Serpent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"[/color][/i][/b]

The sky flashed, and then a vortex ripped through space behind her. A gigantic green-scaled serpent's head...[i][b](ATK ∞)[/b][/i]

[color=#006400]“It is still weak." [/color]Archetype Earth muttered, slightly exhausted and taking in a sharp breath through her skin.

[color=#006400]“As you can see, I was forced to summon it as an Xyz...and it hasn't had any souls in a while now...it's also incapable of...emerging out further than a head... But I am the will of the Earth...! You do not have the power of the Legendary Dragons, so you have no way to defeat it! [i][b]GO! DIVINE SERPENT!!![/b][/i][/color][i][b] INFINITY END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"[/b][/i]

Then a powerful blast of green energy erupted from the serpent's head, a blast that Itsu was incapable of countering due to Tritos. It shattered through her monster and her set cards, before reaching the timehopper herself. It was very far from full power, but it still managed to pulverize her into the ground and damage her mythril body.

[i][b]Winner: Archetype Earth[/b][/i]

[color=#000000]Meanwhile, observing the duel between Itsu and some reptilian demon of sorts, Yuri Kanzen could only watch in horror... from a safe distance of course, in case the duel ended up being a Shadow Game or something of the like.[/color]

[color=#4b0082]"[i]That's[/i] our anemone?"[/color][color=#000000] Yuri muttered, [/color][color=#4b0082]"Oh, god... I just hope I can [i]alive[/i] this and get off this cursed lands."[/color]

[color=#000000]Yuri couldn't do much more than watch as the duel continued. The demon seemed to have the other hand... for the moment. But Yuri still had a [i]faint[/i] glimmer of hope that Itsu would pull through in the end, regardless of the price she had to pay.[/color]

Kurai was walking down an alley he had just come to this world and was on an I-Phone looking up Itsu Solace the woman who was technically his grandmother and his farther had told him to find her and deliver a letter before he entered this world. [color=#0000ff]"So it looks like she is in charge some something called Arcadia which is a pretty good lead I guess but I still need to find her." [/color]It was then that his I-Phone picked up a strange energy signal which was causing interference for Kurai's scan for Itsu's unique energy signature, [color=#0000ff]"Well things are never easy so I better look into this." [/color]Little did Kurai know that he was heading for both the energy source and the woman he had come to this world to meet.

Albtrum had just finished off an opponent and before beginning his hunt for the next one he decided to take a 'nap' on the roof of the hospital where he was 'born.'

Arche let out a loud reptillian laugh, which was so inhuman that it sounded like metal screeching against each other.

She walked over to the damaged Itsu. She was still alive, no surprised there, but there was nothing more she could do. It had all been too easy. She bent down, low, as if to kiss her forehead like a mother. [color=green]"For all your bravado, you couldn't even overcome me..."[/color] She whispered, and her appearance was starting to once more take a human appearance. She put her hood back up, before resting her hand on the body of the timetraveler.

[color=green]"Your soul alone, ancient and chaotic as it is, will be more than enough to complete my plans. But relax. I am going to save the world. You have died for a great cause..!"[/color]

Slowly, from the feet, Itsu's body began to harden heavily, into mythril. Archetype Earth was absorbing her powers, her life- and stopped at her head.

[color=green]"Any last words, my dear former Archetype?"[/color]

Itsu had been pulverized into the ground, battered, broken, defeated, and felt herself slipping away. Slowly, the patches of her body where she was the most injured were turning silvery and metallic. She desperately tried to reach for Archetype, but her arm solidified as it extended out to the monster. She was so cold, colder than she had ever been. However, as Archetype taunted her, she decided her last words would be something meaningful, though not to Archetype.
[color=#b22222]"Caledfwlch..."[/color] She coughed as her motorcycle roared to life at the mention of its name. [color=#b22222]"Contingency...Yankee...Romeo...Papa...One...Six...Niner...Execute..."[/color] The motorcycle created a holographic rider clad in black, and sped off through the streets of Detroit back to its home to fulfill its Mistress' last request. She then turned to Archetype Earth with a defiant smirk. [color=#b22222]"They'll come..."[/color] She finally finished cooling, solidifying into solid metal, as the Orichalcos seal around her glowed brightly, surrounding the park with an incredible radiance. A few seconds later, a pillar of brilliant emerald light fired into the cold night sky, curving thousands of miles above the city towards the comet Faust. The intense energy flowed into the comet, causing it to begin to glow from its core, an event noticeable to Archetype when she noticed the green star that was the approaching rock glow brighter, almost as bright as the North Star overhead.

[color=green]"...huh?"[/color]

She had been imparted with more or less all the knowledge that the Earth knew, but there were some things that just didn't make sense. Either way, she was satisfied with the result, and grinned widely. She didn't mind the escaping motorcycle.

Yes! Come! Bring more powerful souls to harvest!

Now, before Archetype Earth was nothing more than a statue made of solid mythril. It was life-size, had a feminine body, crab hair, as well as many tiny details that no ordinary person could replicate. This was what had become of her opponent, of what had become of the timetraveler troubleshooter. [i]It was over.[/i] The greatest duelist anyone had ever known, that popular happy-go-lucky enigmatic figure who many people admired and who had saved so many worlds...was gone. Beaten in merely two turns by a nobody who claimed to be some champion of the Earth. One Earth.

The woman wrapped in a cloak had a grin on her face she was incapable of taking off. The Seal of Orichalcos must have already taken her soul, and she herself had stolen the powers of this woman. Ultimate power. Undefeatable. The one power that might've stood a chance against her, the three Legendary Dragons, had disappeared in their previous battle with the Orichalcos and the Great Leviathan only decades before. It was too soon for them to return. She had no doubt. There was no force in the galaxy that could withstand her might.

Good. For she was a hero. She was to protect the planet.

She opened up one of her hands, and a phone came flying into it from far away. Then she dialed a number to contact somebody. When he picked up, she talked into the phone.

[color=green]"Rally all the members at headquarters. I have an important announcement to make, that can only be done in person."[/color]

Then she hung up before he could reply, and began walking towards a particular point in Detroit. It was a gigantic empty area of land, bought by Doma many decades before. Dartz had predicted back then that the comet would return. Unfortunately, he had never anticipated the return of the phaoroh, and had to start his plans without the presence of the comet to back him up. She had known him back in Atlantis, had always admired him. Archetype Earth would've liked to take control of the company for him, but unfortunately it had since disbanded.

Still, the empty land remained, and it just so happened that Dartz had built a secondary headquarters right underneath it. In the middle of the area was a trap door that led to stairs, that led to a large underground place. It was ancient, being centuries old with brick walls, but airconditioners had been installed, and the whole place had been dusted to make it all clean. The walls were lined with random symbols.

Keep going forward, and it didn't take long to enter a huge room, a really huge room that could be used for banquets. The cloaked woman placed herself on a throne made purely out of Orichalcum. If anyone else sat on it, their darkest desires would have amplified so much that they would instantaneously be turned into monsters. But not Arche.

Behind the throne were thousands of stone tablets laid on the ground, all containing the images of trapped souls.

She waited. It might take a long time, but she could be very patient.

Archived