An Attempt At Red-Eyes Ultimate Dragon

RageQuit 2.0

So, even though I am new here, I will guess that people have made many different versions of Red-Eyes Ultimate Dragon. I wanted to take a shot at making a REUD that is able to be used in today's meta. The card is below:

[img]http://yugico.com/customcard/83251.jpg[/img]

Lore: Must be Fusion Summoned by using 5 Dragon-Type monsters, including at least 3 "Red-Eyes" monsters. When this card is Fusion Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 Level 6 or Lower Dragon-Type monster from your Hand or Graveyard. Its effects are negated and it cannot attack the turn it is Summoned. Once per turn, you can Banish 1 Dragon-Type monster from your Graveyard: This card gains that monster's effects, until the End Phase. This card cannot attack the turn you use this effect.

Most Red-Eyes Ultimate Dragons that have made here I will guess use 3 Red-Eyes Black Dragon as the materials. Red-Eyes Black Dragon is almost unusable and is only used in casual decks such as Graveyard Dragon Power. I believe this REUD is plausible as it has been stated in the first Yu-Gi-Oh! Movie stated that Blue-Eyes represents power, whereas Red-Eyes symbolizes Potential ([url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Red-Eyes"]http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Red-Eyes[/url]). Since Blue-Eyes was a beatstick with 4500 ATK, representing power, I decided to represent the potential of Red-Eyes [Ultimate Dragon] by giving it effects that I believe have great synergy.

This card has summoning conditions similar to Five-Headed Dragon, and I believe it can be used in Chaos Dragons and Disaster Dragon decks. It's first effect is essentially the effect of Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon, Summoning a Dragon from the Hand or Graveyard, giving you an extra monster when Summoned. You can use this card's effect to bring out a REDMD in your Graveyard or hand and Summon another monster, increasing your field advantage. This card's "banish and gain effect" clause was inspired by the effect of Elemental HERO Divine Neos. This card can be used to banish Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon and use its effect to summon out another monster, or it can be simply used to banish an Eclipse Wyvern so you can get the banished card to your hand. (Now Invalid)

An example of this is when you summon it, you can bring out REDMD. Use it's effect, Summoning out a Lightpulsar or other Dragon. Then use REUD's effect and Banish a REDMD that you sent for the summon of this card, gaining that monster's effect. Use it, summoning out another monster. You now have 4 monsters on the field with 2500+. (Now Invalid)

This card's effects could possibly make Dragon's Mirror usable. This card may not be a good alternative to Five-Headed Dragon when using Future Fusion, as Five-Headed Dragon provides more mills, but it has an effect that I would consider usable.

Please rate this card, its usability, and possibly discuss if this card is able to replace Five-Headed Dragon as a target for Future Fusion.

There is no need for picture you're describing a broken and quite shattered card. REDMD alone is pretty overpowering you're saying lets make his better that has the same effect (just once lol) and for troll giggles lets remove the REDMD in the grave and do it again.

Here are the individual faults of the card[list]
[*]he is far too easy to get out (if people wanted to)
[*]he is probably pretty strong
[*]he hits the field as REDMD and you can banish a REDMD (or better yet just summon the REDMD) which leads to more swarm/beastick shenanigans that this game just doesn't need right now.
[*]And I am not sure but I think there is a loop in there somewhere.
[/list]

Right now its saving grace is that like you said it is not a replacement for Five Headed Dragon and the only way Chaos Dragons fuse is with Future Fusion.

I'd much rather run REDMD. Not only does it have substantial ATK, but it can Special Summon monsters (like your card), except it has no level requirement and the SS'd monsters can attack if they want. Not to mention REDMD can be used for cards like Gustaph and the giant transformer.

• 2 weeks later...

Ya id have to agree that it would be a lot simpler to run a REDMD because even if i were to use it i would only use it in a Future Fusion to fill my grave with dragons that i could SS anytime. That and it states "Red Eyes" monsters, that to me screams "Red eyes Wyvren" being sent with REDMD to have an instant SS if i didn't summon that turn. ( id basically use him like i use my Five-Headed Dragon). Still i have to give it too that you at least tried to make one that isn't similar in every way to Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon. id give it a 6/10.

Archived