Yu-Gi-Oh! DT II

Crimson Blaze

So.........I decided to make a new fan fic with an entirely new theme, plot, and motif. I would really hate to leave things incomplete, but I just couldn't find any fun in continuing my earlier story (partially due to the fact that it's now locked). Honestly, I like dark themes as much as I like heroism, and this is the result of my two biggest fetishes. WIthout further ado, here's chapter one! Enjoy!
[spoiler='Chapter One']

[center]Yu-Gi-Oh! D.T. II[/center]

[center]Chapter One: Terror and Hope[/center]

A card dropped onto the field, the dreaded field that can consume the strongest duelists with fear. A bead of sweat followed, splashing boisterously on the table as the man in black uniform gripped the cards in his hand harder. Eyebrows wrinkled and teeth clenched, the soldier of BYTE glared at his opponent, the most skilled duelist he'd ever seen. Everything about her displayed confidence: her long, scarlet hair, her skin-tight motorcycle riding suit.........even her dark, passion-filled eyes. Even though he and his team were sent by the higher-ups to take her out, he couldn't help but wonder why such an average person would be a target of destruction. Smiling seductively, the woman ordered her last monster to attack, depleting the rest of her opponent’s Life Points to zero. All hope had been diminished from his mind, for the game was over. He had lost. The man despised the idea of losing a duel. However, at this moment, his anguish was not from defeat. It was from the fate he would suffer as a result of that defeat, a cruel fate that had already been inflicted on fourteen men before him. The tragedy that befell the man was only witnessed by one person. Only that person knew how the last soldier of BYTE’s Strike Squad C screamed in agony, how the flesh on his body was torn apart…………how he was erased from the face of the earth.

“What’s the status?” asked a deep voice into Collins’s headphones.

“Y-y-yes, boss,” stuttered Collins, “the entire team’s been eaten by the Demon.”

“And their cards?” inquired a soft, female voice. “What became of them?”

“It’s just as you guessed, Ms. Grayson. They’re all blank!”

“This is the demon’s soul-absorption ability,” sighed the deep voice.

“Once a Demon has defeated a duelist, it can absorb their physical power and spiritual essence.”

“Mr. Evans,” muttered Collins, “I think I’m gonna be sick.”

“Retreat, Collins. For an intern, you’ve seen too much.”

Derrick Collins, the new photographer of BYTE’s Covert Squad G, jogged to the minivan parked at Gideon Park and sprawled inside, clutching his stomach in fear of releasing its contents. The squad captain, Steve Evans, sat before a large screen marking the members of SSC as deceased. Behind him was the scientist Dr. Krystina Grayson, examining a substance left behind by Demon at its last attack. Both were respected figures who had abandoned their pursuits and devoted their lives to saving mankind from the gluttonous Demons. Since his assignment to CSG, Collins had remained in awe of his superiors.

Setting his camera down, Collins installed the videos he recorded into the computer mainframe. Everything from the woman’s entrance into the park to her riding off on her motorcycle were secretly recorded by him. Collins had been doing this job for three weeks. He recorded Demon attacks and gave the footage to Evans and Grayson for examination. With this kind of footage, BYTE gained insight as to what type of Demon was being dealt with, what kind of people it targeted, and what the extent of its powers was. In his time working for BYTE, Collins had vomited six times and passed out four times. It is for this reason that his colleagues have begun to call him Cowardly Collins, a nickname that had, ironically, been branded on him since middle school. One of the reasons why he joined BYTE was respect from his peers. Many considered working for BYTE to be like enlisting in the military; one had to place one’s life at risk for the sake of protecting humanity. Those that did were regarded as heroes. However, Collins was far from that point.

“What does the footage tell you about the Demon, Mrs. Grayson?” asked Collins innocently.

“Nothing that concerns you,” she replied. “It’s not like you’d understand it anyway.”

“But it’s my job to fight against the Demons!” he exclaimed, nostrils flared.

“It’s your job to assist us in fighting the Demons,” Evans said coolly. “And speaking of jobs, don’t you have a part-time one to go to?”

“Oh, crap!” Collins screamed as he glanced at his watch.

Grabbing his duffle bag, Collins dashed out of the minivan. To pay for living costs, he worked at TurboTek, an electronics store in Barton City, which, luckily, was close to his current location. Within ten minutes, Collins was able to make it to TurboTek, breathing heavily as he burst through the front door. The manager, Timothy DeSantos, glared vehemently at him, his face red with fury.

“Late again, Mr. Collins?” he inquired sadistically. “This is now your fourth time.”

“I’m sorry, Mr. DeSantos, sir!” blabbered Collins. “I swear it won’t happen again!”

“I’m getting pretty tired of hearing that, you idiot!!!” hollered the irritated manager. “What do you think I’m paying you for? Get to work already!!!”

“Y-y-yes, sir!” he stuttered, clumsily putting on his nametag.

Elsewhere, jolly duelists fought merrily in their local card stores. In this day and age, Duel Monsters was the true test of skill. The most popular game, the most popular sport, the most popular topic in contemporary media – Duel Monsters was literally the most popular lifestyle. Like these players in the shop, people loved to play Duel Monsters. In a world centered around this card game, there was little else that people liked to do. For this reason, one rarely found a professional Duel Monsters player who was not obese. Outside food, sleep, and card games, plump duelists found no other pleasure in life. And for them, that was perfectly fine. For these nerds who had no shot at practical careers or finding love, a short, comfortable life was heaven. That is, unless they entered hell. A particular woman changed the lives of many men.

Marilynn Grace, a pretty girl, grew up in a poor neighborhood, where she was constantly harassed by envious girls and lustful boys. Despite the abuse she experienced at school, her kind heart prevented her from reporting her classmates. She found peace in acting and singing, activities that she was inherently talented at. She had participated in all of the school drama productions to further her image. Eventually, Grace was chosen to sing the national anthem at a city basketball game. This caught the ear of a music producer, who signed a contract with her to become a professional singer. Within a matter of months, she became a celebrity, gaining popularity beyond imagination. However, she eventually overheard a suspicious conversation between her manager and her music producer, discovering that she was chosen to become a singer not for her talent, but for her beauty. Since that day, a chill went down her spine each time she felt people staring at her slim figure. Nonetheless, she continued with her music career, finding the slightest joy in music itself. Unfortunately, with the number of fans growing each day, so grows the number of perverse stalkers. As a celebrity, she was forcefully paired with abusive men, who beat her while drunk on many occasions. Right at the edge of her patience, Grace was abducted by masked men, who tied her to a chair and brutally raped her. But this heinous act was not what broke her. It was the fact that the identities of the masked men were her manager, band, and several crazed fans. Unable to contain her despair, her soul was tainted in darkness and a Demon was born within her. In uncontrolled rage, Grace devoured the rapists and claimed her revenge. Thus, an innocent girl with a tortured soul abandoned her humanity and sold her soul to the devil. Her only destiny was to walk the path of evil.

On his way home from work, Collin limped along the sidewalk, exhausted from a day of toil and drudgery. The passersby glanced at him strangely, for he looked remarkably similar to a recently born zombie. The manner in which he moved was unsightly, arms swaying powerlessly, legs trudging painstakingly, voice groaning cacophonously. So unaware of his surroundings was he that Collins accidentally bumped into a tall man. However, rather than bursting in rage, the man simply shrugged and walked off. Brushing himself off, Collins walked for about a minute more before he realized that his pants felt lighter…..his wallet had been stolen! Frantically, Collins turned around and dashed along the sidewalk, hoping to find that man he bumped into. [i]If I remember correctly[/i], he thought to himself, [i]that guy was wearing a green beanie and a thick, leather jacket[/i]. Huffing madly as he ran, Collins spotted the man turning at a corner at the end of the street. Veins rushing with adrenaline, he accelerated and turned swiftly at the corner. When the man noticed he was being chased, he began running as well. As he did, he began pushing people aside, screaming wildly as he did so. This continued until he approached a young man with curly, black hair carrying a bag of what appeared to be groceries. What happened next was a spectacle for Collins. In a matter of seconds, the thief was knocked off balance, thrown to the ground, and knocked out cold. The one who subdued him then searched his pockets and pulled out the brown wallet that was stolen from Collins. It was then that Collins caught up, breathing roughly.

“Thank you…huff huff…..for helping me take back my wallet,” panted Collins.

“I wasn’t helping you,” replied the youth haughtily. “He would’ve knocked down my groceries had I not taken him down. But since I did save your wallet, I’ll take this as a reward.”

The man pulled out a twenty-dollar bill from the wallet and jammed it inside his pockets. This obnoxious act made Collins’s jaw drop and his mouth stay wide open.

“Who in their right mind would do that?!” Collins exclaimed. “Who the hell do you think you are?!”

“I am the one who will rule the world,” replied the man with a serious demeanor. “My name is Rex Majesca. Remember that.”

“What the…...,” muttered Collins as he snatched his wallet from Majesca’s hands. “Whatever, weirdo. I’ll let you keep it. I’m too tired to argue about it.”

Extremely baffled at the series of events that had just taken place, he left the black-haired youth. That guy’s mind has a few screws loose, thought Collins as he unlocked the front door. Staring blankly at his old, run-down apartment, Collins thought about everything that had led up to his living alone in such a poor home. Anger, abandonment, and death; these were the elements that caused his current disposition. Walking through a field of creaky, wooden floor boards, Collins collapsed on his bed. His mind fixed on happy childhood memories, Collins closed his weary eyes and fell into a deep slumber.

On average, Collins receiveD less than six hours of sleep every day. With his current internship for BYTE and his night shift at TurboTek, there was little room for rest and recreation. However, Collins was perfectly satisfied with this schedule, as long as it would help him achieve his goal. Waking up at 5 AM, Collins hurriedly dressed in his black suit and ran to CSG’s rendezvous point.

“Good morning, Mr. Evans, Mrs. Grayson!” he blurted awkwardly. “What are we doing today?!”

“I was going to offer you coffee,” the scientist sighed, “but it seems you’ve already had too much of it this morning.”

“The Demon’s been sighted in the Hutch Square,” said Evans matter-of-factly. “We’ve already dispatched Strike Squad I to intercept her.”

“According to Intel Squad B,” Grayson added, “this Demon only attacks males. According to my data, her method of attack is seducing men with some sort of perfume and eating their flesh. However, because Duel Monsters cards have the anti-Demon charm, she cannot kill duelists. Her perfume gives her complete control of her victims and forces them to duel her. When she wins, she breaks the charm of the cards and freely consumes the victim, becoming more powerful as she does so.”

“That’s insane!” Collins exclaimed. “I’ve never heard of cards being protected with a charm before! Since when did that happen?!”

“Since that asteroid hit Earth fifteen years ago,” replied Evans, “the same one that released the souls of Demons onto the planet. When people found out that these monsters existed, BYTE was created to defend against them. Since Duel Monsters was a widely popular game, BYTE decided to place charms on cards so that the normal population would live oblivious of the Demons’ existence, yet protected from them.”

“Wow……,” whispered a mind-blown Collins.

“Anyway,” Grayson interrupted, “SSI has been given a set of gas masks that prevents the perfume from acting on them. All they have to do is defeat her in a duel and she’ll die.”

“Incredible! BYTE has such talented people! I must say, I’m quite impressed!”

“That’s great,” Evans muttered sarcastically. “Here’s your job. See this?”

“What is it?” asked Collins curiously as a metallic ring was placed in his hand.

“It’s a Holy Ring. BYTE headquarters has developed a weapon that can efficiently fight Demons. Although we have been able to keep them at bay for these past few years, those we weren’t able to defeat have been growing stronger. We fear that they may become too powerful for even the Strike Squads to handle, so the Holy Ring, an item that bestows the holder unimaginable power, was created to combat them. Unfortunately, the ring only allows those it deems worthy to use its power. Here’s where you come in. I want you to deliver this Holy Ring to a person we found that can wield it.”

Collins was awed, as well as disappointed by this. Although he liked that he was being told top-secret information, he hated the fact that his only purpose was to carry out menial tasks. He joined BYTE in order to aid in the battle against the Demons, but as of late, all he did was the dirty work that no one else wanted to do. Sucking up his dismay, Collins copied down the address of the “chosen one” and hopped out of the minivan.

A fragrant aroma filled the card shop, mesmerizing every man in it. Everyone lost sense of their surroundings, seeing only a bright, cloudy realm of wonder. Suddenly, a beautiful woman walked out from the horizon, her scarlet hair blowing gently in the wind. Each of the men smiled eagerly, perverse thoughts forming in their heads.

“Hello, boys,” the woman whispered. “Do you like my body? Of course you do. You can have it…….if you can beat me in a duel.”

This triggered the exact response she wanted. All of the men simultaneously pulled out their decks, their mouths foaming from lust. However, the heavenly world they saw before suddenly became a barren land of darkness, a chaotic nightmare. The men were broken from their spell, horrified at the hellish creatures they laid their eyes on. Some fell to despair and fainted on the spot. The others watched in terror as the woman gobbled the bodies of those who passed out, wincing at every bloody bite the monster took. Every man scrambled, attempting desperately to escape a gory death. The Demon merely laughed at the futility of their efforts, watching them as they ran around in circles like ants. Once she grew bored, the woman descended on them, prepared to free them of their misery. It was at this point that a squad of soldiers dressed in black armor broke into the store, tossing a smoke bomb that eliminated the smell of the Demon’s perfume. Upon being broken from her spell, the people frantically flew out of the card shop, fleeing from her grasp.

“How dare you interrupt my meal?!” the Demon hollered. “I’ll kill you all!”

“I’m afraid you’re the one that’s going to die,” replied the captain of the team. “Let’s duel.”

Despite this arrogant remark, the captain was easily defeated, along with his squad. Collins was on this way to delivering the Holy Ring when he heard a scream nearby. Almost instinctively, he ran to the place where the scream came from. Then, he stood completely still. His eyes widened. His hands started shaking. Sweat began to accumulate as his nostrils flared from the putrid smell drifting from the room. What he saw was a red mess, a large area covered completely by chunks of flesh and puddles of blood. A lump formed in Collins’s throat as his stomach grumbled. Collins vomited right where he stood, guts burning and eyes stinging.

“Are you okay?” he heard Evans ask from his earphone. “What’s happening?”

“Mr. Evans,” Collins said in a choking voice, “please let me use the ring.”

“What are you talking about? Where are you?!”

“I see the Demon right in front of me,” he continued through gritted teeth. “If I let her go, she’ll kill even more people. Please, give me permission to use the Holy Ring!”

“I can’t,” sighed Evans. “There’s no guarantee that you can use its power. You’ll be killed by the Demon if you don’t get away right now.”

“PLEASE!! I BEG OF YOU!” screamed Collins.

“Are you sure about this?” his superior inquired after a moment of thought.

“You’re not actually thinking about letting him do it?!” gasped Grayson.

“What will you say to headquarters?!”

“I’ll take full responsibility,” Evans said sternly. “Permission granted.”

Standing up, Collins narrowed his eyes and inserted his middle finger in the silver ring.

“Vile Demon,” grumled Collins, “your sins have piled up. Your crimes are unforgiveable. Prepare to face justice!”

Collins raised his hand, and miraculously, a dome of light appeared around the woman, who appeared dumbfounded by what she saw. She touched the barrier, only to be shocked by it. She then attempted to leap out of it, only to get knocked back by its radiance. Pleased by what he saw, Collins began to walk through the dome to engage the Demon, when suddenly, he was knocked away as well.

“What’s going on?!” Collins exclaimed. “Why can’t I go inside?!”

“Because you weren’t the one that conjured it,” answered a familiar voice.

Collins pivoted abruptly to find the owner of the voice. At this point, there wasn’t anything that could’ve surprised him. Walking towards him was the eccentric man with curly, black hair. The only difference from the day before was the silver Holy Ring on his right hand.

“Where did you get that?!” asked Collins. “Who exactly ARE you?!”

“My name is Rex Majesca,” smiled the youth. “I am the one that will rule the world. Remember that.”

With that, Majesca walked into the shining dome of light.

“This barrier prevents anything with Demonic power from escaping,” he explained. “Until you defeat me in a duel, you can’t get out. So, will you take on the challenge?”

“You brat!” the Demon shouted angrily. “I’ll finish you and take whatever strange power you’re using for myself!”

Without hesitation, Majesca equipped his red duel disk on his left arm and inserted his deck into the proper slot. The Demon’s body melted into an amorphous form. Bubbling violently, her skin became scaly. Spikes protruded from random parts of her body. Her hair melted into a black sludge and her face transfigured into that of an atrocious monster. A web-like structure then grew out of her arm; Collins suspected this to be her duel disk. With this, the attractive woman that allured all men who laid eyes on her unexpected changed into a hideous creature. This was the true form of a Demon. Whereas Collins was completely disgusted with what he saw, Majesca appeared somewhat unmoved.

“Duel!” both yelled at the same time. [Majesca: 4000 Metus: 4000]

“I’ll make the first move, human!” the Demon screamed. “I summon the [b]Infant Demon[/b] in defense position.”

A black egg the size of a basketball rose from a pool of sludge, cracking open to reveal an appalling Demon child with sharp claws and bat-like ears.
[spoiler='Infant Demon'][img]http://i.imgur.com/tKh0d.jpg[/img]
Infant Demon | DARK | Fiend | Level 1 | Effect | ATK 0 DEF 0 | When this card is destroyed by battle, inflict 800 points of damage to your opponent. Then, add "Cavalry Demon" from your deck to your hand |[/spoiler]

“I’ll then lay a card face-down. It’s your move, human.”

“With such a weak opening, there’s no way you can expect to win,” Majesca snickered.

“You’re bluffing,” cackled the Demon in a coarse voice. “I have a tier 2 deck, the second-rarest type in existence! What can a commoner like you do?”

“I regret to inform you,” began Majesca as he drew a card, “that I run a top tier deck!”

“A top tier deck?!” the Demon and Collins exclaimed at once.

“That’s right. Now, prepare to lose. I summon [b]Vanegar, Knight of Supreme Ruler[/b]!”

A gallant knight in glistening silver armor appeared in a flash of light, riding atop a majestic, white horse.
[spoiler='Vanegar, Knight of Supreme Ruler'][img]http://i.imgur.com/Wf4J6.jpg[/img]
| Vanegar, Knight of Supreme Ruler | EARTH | Warrior | Level 4 | Effect | ATK 1200 DEF 400 | When this card is Normal Summoned, destroy 1 Spell or Trap card on your opponent's side of the field. This card cannot attack the turn this effect is activated. |[/spoiler]

“Vanegar’s effect activates, destroying that face-down card of yours!”

The Demon flinched as the silver warrior launched its glowing spear, shattering her set card into small shards.

“Unfortunately, I can’t attack this turn. I’ll just set this card and call it a turn.”

[i]He didn’t attack my [b]Infant Child[/b] because he knew that it would give me an advantage[/i], thought the Demon. [i]Instead, he used his monster’s drawback to avoid attacking and still managed to destroy one of my cards. He’s good. But he did end up leaving me a monster on the field[/i].

“My turn!” the Demon declared. “I release the Infant Child you kept alive to Tribute Summon [b]Armored Demon[/b]!”

Crying in pain, the baby exploded into bloody pieces. Its black heart rose into the air and grew new bones and tissue. What formed was a ferocious monstrosity with a hard, insect-like exoskeleton.
[spoiler='Armored Demon'][img]http://i.imgur.com/Vb4Ii.jpg[/img]
| Armored Demon | DARK | Fiend | Level 5 | Effect | ATK 2200 DEF 2200 | When this card is Tribute Summoned by tributing a "Demon" monster, inflict 1000 points of damage to your opponent. When this card destroys a monster by battle, this card gains 500 ATK. [/spoiler]

[i]How disgusting[/i], thought Collins. [i]How can he withstand this ugliness?[/i]

“It’s just one ugly Demon after another,” complained Majesca.

“You won’t be so impudent after I activate its effect! Since I sacrificed a Demon monster, I give you 1000 points of damage!”

The beastly monster released a massive stream of corrosive sludge at Majesca, who agilely evaded the attack by side-stepping. [Majesca: 3000 Metus: 4000]

“Why did you doge the attack?” asked a confused Collins.

“Because I would’ve been seriously injured if I took that attack head on,” replied Majesca. “Duels against Demons inflict actual damage.”

“If you’re done talking,” the Demon growled, “I’d like to kill you! Armored Demon, attack that puny monster! Malicious Slashing!!!”

Dashing rapidly, [b]Armored Demon[/b] raised its long claws and cut Vanegar, crumbling his armor and cutting a fatal wound across his body. Howling in agony, the knight shattered into pieces.

“When my monster destroys one of yours, it gains 500 ATK! Let’s see you recover from that, human!” gloated the Demon. “I set a card and end my turn!”

“My turn!” the unfazed Majesca said as he drew a card. “This brings me one step closer to winning. I summon [b]Sezami, Spy of Supreme Ruler[/b].”

A portal appeared beside Majesca, summoning a handsome man in black with long, silver hair and a cigarette in mouth.
[spoiler='Sezami, Spy of Supreme Ruler'][img]http://i.imgur.com/hN6NU.jpg[/img]
| Sezami, Spy of Supreme Ruler | LIGHT | Thunder | Level 4 | Effect | ATK 0 DEF 100 | When this card is sent to the Graveyard by the effect of a "Supreme Ruler" card, discard 1 card from your opponent's hand. |[/spoiler]

“I activate my Trap card Supreme [b]Ruler’s Mandate[/b]!” continued Majesca. “This card will resurrect my fallen knight. Revive, Vanegar!”

A glimmering door opened beside Sezami, revealing the courageous warrior and his steed.
[spoiler='Supreme Ruler's Mandate'][img]http://i.imgur.com/sxgmJ.jpg[/img]
| Supreme Ruler's Mandate | Continuous Trap | Special Summon 1 "Supreme Ruler" monster from your Graveyard in Attack position. If that monster is used for an Xyz Summon, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Supreme Ruler" monster from your Deck. At the End Phase of the turn this card was activated, destroy this card and banish the monster Special Sumoned by this card's effect. |[/spoiler]

“I overlay my level 4 Vanegar and Sezami! With these two monsters, I create an Overlay Network! Xyz Summon! Appear now, [b]Butaro, Vanguard of Supreme Ruler[/b]!”

As Majesca’s monsters de-materialized and gathered into spheres of light, an iridescent spiral crest appeared on the ground, releasing a tremendous amount of energy. Increasing its gravitational pull, the crest absorbed the two balls and launched a humongous pillar of light into the air. In an explosion of radiance, the angel of justice, Butaro, appeared, raising his sword of courage.
[spoiler='Butaro, Vanguard of Supreme Ruler'][img]http://i.imgur.com/mHQOo.jpg[/img]
| Butaro, Vanguard of Supreme Ruler | LIGHT | Fairy | Rank 4 | Xyz \ Effect | ATK 2500 DEF 1800 | 2 Level 4 "Supreme Ruler" Monsters | Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz-material from this card to Special Summon 1 "Supreme Ruler" MOnster from your Graveyard. That card cannot attack until your opponent's next Standby Phase. |[/spoiler]

[i]Incredible![/i] Collins thought to himself. [i]He started with an empty field and ended up with a strong Xyz monster![/i]

“Is that all you’ve got?” smiled the Demon cockily. “That monster only has 2500 ATK, compared to my monster’s 2700 ATK.”

“Perhaps, but that will soon change. I activate Supreme Ruler’s Mandate’s second effect! Since Vanegar was used to Xyz Summon Butaro, I can summon a “Supreme Ruler” monster from my deck! Come forth, my second Sezami!”

Another man in black appeared from a portal, glaring arrogantly at his opponent.

“I activate my Spell card [b]Loyalty to the Supreme Ruler[/b]!” Majesca declared as he slid a card into his duel disk. “With my loyal spy’s sacrifice, I can discard 1 card from your hand and give you 600 points of damage! Also, since Sezami was sent to the Grave by a Supreme Ruler card, I can discard another card from your hand!”
[spoiler='Loyalty to the Supreme Ruler'][img]http://i.imgur.com/movQz.jpg[/img]
| Loyalty to the Supreme Ruler | Normal Spell | Tribute 1 "Supreme Ruler" Monster you control. Discard 1 card from your opponent's hand and inflict 600 points of damage to your opponent. |[/spoiler]

“What?!” gasped the Demon in shock.

Sezami disintegrated into particles of light, which formed into a single orb of energy. This orb launched itself at the Demon, who dodged the blast by ducking. However, she still had to discard two cards from her hand. [Majesca: 3000 Metus: 3400]

“With this, you’re down to your last card,” smiled Majesca. “Now, I activate Butaro’s effect, removing an Xyz Material to Special Summon Sezami in defense position! But, since the monster I sent to the Graveyard was Sezami, you have to discard yet another card!”

The shining warrior of justice swung its sword, opening a gateway to the Underworld. Out of it came the man in black, who swiftly threw a knife at the Demon. Although she attempted to evade the attack, the knife managed to graze her shoulder, spilling several drops of blood.
Reluctantly, the Demon dropped the last card in her hand.

[i]He’s amazing![/i] Collins said mentally. [i]He just wiped out her hand using a minimal amount of resources![/i] [i]The pluses his deck can generate are just unbelievable![/i]

“I end my turn,” said a satisfied Majesca. “At my End Phase, [b]Supreme Ruler’s Mandate[/b] is destroyed.”

“Draw!” shouted the enraged Demon. “Damn it!”

“You must be pretty angry,” Majesca poked. “Based on your first monster, I made the assumption that your entire strategy revolved around evolving your monsters. I have no doubt that the Spells and Traps you have are meant to aid in that evolution. However, since I removed those support cards from your hand, all you’re left with are high-leveled monsters without the means to summon them.”

[i]This guy must be a dueling genius![/i] thought Collins. [i]There’s no way he can lose now![/i]

“Insolent human! You must feel pretty sly for getting that on me. I really underestimated you. Unfortunately, you’re still in a losing position! You can’t deny that my monster is stronger than yours! And when I destroy your ace monster this turn, not only will you lose the card that can defeat me, but my monster will also become more powerful!”

“She’s right!” exclaimed a nervous, nail-biting Collins, his admiration of Majesca dwindling as quickly as it had grown.

“I activate my face-down! [b]Ancient Demonic Arts[/b]! Now, all of your monsters have zero ATK and DEF! Armored Demon, attack that pesky bird of his! Malicious Slashing!”
[spoiler='Ancient Demonic Arts'][img]http://i.imgur.com/rHxR1.jpg[/img]
| Ancient Demonic Arts | Normal Trap | WHile you control a "Demon" Monster, the ATK and DEF of all Monsters your opponent controls become 0. Until the End Phase of this turn, when you inflict battle damage to your opponent, you gain that amount of Life Points. |[/spoiler]

“Bring it on,” said Majesca nonchalantly.

Pillars of black sludge rose above Majesca’s two monsters, draining them of their strength. The bloodthirsty monster lunged at the flightless angel, shoving its claws into his chest. Yelping helplessly, Butaro shattered into hundreds of small pieces. [Majesca: 300 Metus: 3400]

“But that’s not all!” laughed the Demon viciously. “Due to [b]Ancient Demonic Arts[/b]’s effect, the damage you took just now will be converted into my Life Points!”

Walking towards the female Demon, Armored Demon raised its claw, letting the angel’s pure blood drip into her mouth. Sighing in pleasure, the Demon rubbed her stomach. Collins watched in horror as her grazed shoulder recovered to its original state. [Majesca: 300 Metus: 6100]

“It looks like I’m safe for the next turn,” giggled the Demon. “All I have to do is attack one more time and victory is mine. I end my turn, human.”

“She’s right,” Collins murmured as he fell to his knees. “There’s no way he can recover from this situation. It’s hopeless.”

“No,” Majesca smirked, “you just guaranteed my victory.”

“What do you mean?” grimaced the Demon.

“I have a top tier deck. There’s no way I can lose to a deck of a lower tier.”

“Your confidence is misplaced,” the Demon chuckled. “That arrogance of yours will be your downfall.”

“No, I will win,” retorted Majesca. “You thought that by killing my Xyz monster, you’ve ensured your victory. Well, you’re wrong. My true goal was to keep at least one of my monsters alive. And since that goal was met, my victory is assured. I summon my third Sezami!”

“Another one?” asked the Demon. “What could you do with that?”

“You said that Butaro was my ace card. Well, unfortunately, you’re wrong about that. Here is my true ace! I activate the Spell card [b]Supreme Ruler’s Law[/b]!”

A gargantuan sheet of paper materialized onto the field, shining luminously.

“This card can only be activate under these three conditions: when my opponent has more Life Points than me, when I have at least two “Supreme Ruler” monsters on the field, and when my opponent has no Spell or Trap cards on the field. First, I banish all the “Supreme Ruler” monsters I have in my hand, field, and Graveyard. Then, all cards on the field are destroyed. Finally, at my End Phase, you take one thousand points of damage for each card I banished.”
[spoiler='Supreme Ruler's Law'][img]http://i.imgur.com/pxUcy.jpg[/img]
| Supreme Ruler's Law | Normal Spell | This card can only be activated if your opponent has more Life Points than you do, you control at least 2 "Supreme Ruler" Monsters, and your opponent controls no Spell or Trap cards. Banish all "Supreme Ruler" Monsters from your field, hand, and Graveyard. THen, destroy all cards on the field. During your End Phase, inflict 1000 points of damage to your opponent for each card you banished with this card's effect. |[/spoiler]

“What a powerful card!” a shocked Collins blurted. “He has two on his field and three in his Graveyard. That means that if he has two more in his hand, he’ll deal seven thousand points of damage to win the game!”

“What?! How can such an overpowered card exist?!” screamed the Demon in fury as Majesca revealed the final two pieces of his victory.

“There are two causes for your defeat,” Majesca stated. “The first is your list of crimes against humanity. The second is the fact that I have a top tier deck! Now, accept your punishment for breaking humanity’s law, the Supreme Ruler’s Law!”

The incandescent sheet of paper rose to the top of the dome, which shrank to encircle the Demon. A burst of brilliant light was released from the dome, incinerating anything that was trapped inside it. Her body burned to ashes, the Demon shrieked at the top of her lungs. There was no pain that could compare to that of a Demon’s purification. The continuous force of light remained, growing stronger and brighter over time. The light did not cease, not until every trace of darkness was removed from the host’s body, not until the Demon inside completely vanished. [Majesca: 300 Metus: 0]

The body of Marilynn Grace collapsed onto the floor of the blood-filled card shop, splashing into a pool of dark red liquid as it did so. Her eyes suddenly began to open, her vision blurry like that of a child who had just been born. Grace’s first sight upon reentering the real world was the face of Collins and Majesca, the two witnesses to her purification.

“Where am I?” she asked. “I thought I had a nightmare. My manager, my band, a horrific monster-.”

“That’s all in the past now,” interrupted Majesca. “The darkness in your heart has been vanquished. You can now rest in peace.”

“Thank you,” she replied with the utmost sincerity, with the most genuine smile she had ever worn in her entire life. Within seconds, her body began to dissolve. Within seconds, she became a pile of dust, dyed red by the puddles of blood beneath it. Within seconds, the memory of Marilynn Grace remained in the minds of only two individuals.

[i]And the terror itself is an example of the world's uncontrollability[/i].
- Ulrich Beck

[/spoiler]

"Crimson," you might want to add some basic details of the cards. The images won't load for me, so I can see anything they do.
Other than that, and a few minor errors that I think are errors, this story seems good.
Content? [color=#333333][background=rgb(237, 239, 244)](^∇^)[/background][/color]

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, it's been a while, but I've finally finished Chapter Two. Read and have fun.

[spoiler='Chapter Two']

[center]Yu-Gi-Oh! D.T. II[/center]

[center]Chapter Two: Fear and Pride[/center]

Fear is a great obstacle that every human being must overcome in order to live life to its fullest. It is an undeniable fact that everyone is afraid of something: mice of cats and cats of dogs. However, a challenge even greater than overcoming fear is understanding it. Typically, it is accepted that there are two types of fear: fear of the unknown and fear of pain. Regardless of which one is feared more, fear is a powerful force that can drive people to commit unimaginable acts. Humans are very fickle creatures, for they can bend to the will of those that can instill fear. There are things that can send shivers down one's spine or make one scream in despair; these are your everyday ghouls, goblins, and ghosts. They are the serial killers, insane murderers in masks, and sadistic fiends one may find when one turns on the television. It is impressive to observe what humans can conjure to shake fear into their fellow man. Of course, these humans know very little of the entity called fear. A complete knowledge of fear is necessary to completely destroy one's soul using fear. And in order to attain a complete knowledge of fear, one must become the embodiment of fear. Every few centuries, only a few special men have acquired this special power. Now, after three hundred years of peace and joy, humanity will witness true [i]FEAR[/i]..........
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“You still haven’t told me how you got that ring!” Collins shouted as he followed Majesca. “Only BYTE members could have Holy Rings!”

“What if I AM a BYTE member?” the black-haired youth replied.

“Are you?” asked Collins with raised eyebrows.

“No,” smirked Majesca, “I just wanted to see the reaction of a BYTE soldier. By the looks of it, they’re not as smart or strong as I’ve heard.”

“Hey!” Collins exclaimed. “You’d better not insult BYTE! You have no idea what you’re dealing with! For all I know, you’re a thief! Come to think of it, you still owe me money for stealing from my wallet that time!”

At this, Majesca stopped walking and held out his hand. Facing him, Collins glanced at his empty palm. When he studied it in closer detail, he could see many calluses and rough skin, probably from some sort of rigorous training. A convoluted Collins stared bizarrely at Majesca, who coughed as if to suggest something.

“What?” Collins finally inquired. “What do you want?”

“Money,” Majesca responded. “You owe me money for saving your life.”

“You self-absorbed bastard!” screamed Collins. “There’s a lot I’d like to find out about you, but you make me so sick that I don’t even want to see you again!”

With that, Collins stormed off to meet his superiors. As soon as he was out of sight, Majesca pulled out a crumpled, green paper. Snickering silently, he continued on his path home.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At the highest story of BYTE’s headquarters sat the president, Soujiro Koji, a middle-age man with a thin physique, a square face, and soulless eyes. His graying hair was gelled and lightly combed. His black spectacles sat gently on his large, jagged nose. He had worn the same black tuxedo for the past twenty years, having never left the building since he first moved in. Contrary to popular belief, Koji did not emit a horrid stench; rather, he constantly smelled of honey. Little is known by the outside world about this man, for his very role depended on the secrecy of his identity. For communication, he relied on a servant, or, in more formal terms, a secretary.

This "secretary" is a young, brown-haired man who appeared to be in his late twenties. Not much ws known about him, aside from the fact that he carried out the will of the president. In fact, even his name was unknown. BYTE’s captains acted according to his orders, acknowledging him as the scary second-in-command. Indeed, his external appearance was not particularly frightening. His pale skin, bony frame, and soft voice all hinted at weakness. However, what truly cut into his underlings was his eyes, the cold, hard eyes that seemed to gaze into people’s very hearts. One look into his hateful eyes was all it took to force the most autonomous man to do his bidding.

At this time, Koji’s “secretary” walked into his office, slowly making his way beside the president, who had been watching a horror film with a blank expression. The secretary whispered into Koji’s ear and a pleasing reaction followed.

“Good,” the president smiled. “So the Horse Ring has found its owner. Everything is falling into place.”

“But sir,” whispered his thin servant, “the man that used it is not from BYTE. He is but a stranger.”

“Are you scared?” chuckled Koji. “I see you just as I see these foolish characters in this film. Unaware of their future, these children prance around, screaming for death to track them down and drag them to Hell. Is uncertainty what you fear?”

“I do not trust this man,” he replied. “He may cause us great trouble.”

“Worry not,” Koji grinned. “He will join us eventually. It is his destiny, after all. Do not fear, unless you wish you follow these children to Hell.”
Bowing respectfully, the “secretary” walked out of the office. As the president returned to his movie, he leaned back and crossed his legs. He then placed his hand inside his pocket, feeling the warm smoothness of the ring inside it. It was at this point that a loud scream was emitted from his laptop, followed by complete silence.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The van was dark and eerie. The only noise that could be heard was that of constant typing. Two large monitors glowed in the darkness, with two people tapping away at the keyboards. For Evans and Grayson, this was a routine activity. When they weren’t filing reports to headquarters on recent battles, they scoured the web in search of new Demon sightings.

“Grayson,” Evans suddenly said, “I found a lead.”

“Send me the link,” she replied casually.

Upon receiving a message from her colleague, Grayson clicked on the link and opened up an image displaying a horrific monster. However, with closer inspection, it became obvious that the monster was simply a man in a costume.

“That’s the ninth dud you found today,” sighed the scientist. “I’m beginning to doubt your qualifications for this job.”

“Don’t be too quick to judge,” chuckled the captain. “I have my good qualities. Just keep looking.”

It was at this time that a red alarm flashed on both monitors, screeching intermittently. This was followed by a pop-up video of a teenager tormenting a young child. After the boy gave an opening message, he revealed a tied-up little girl, crying and shouting wildly. Without hesitation, he kicked the girl in the face, knocking her over. One by one, he heartlessly chopped off the kid’s fingers, causing dreadful screams to come out of her mouth. Despite the child’s pleas for mercy, the teen continued to torture her, her shouts becoming louder and rawer with each slice. Blood oozed on the floor and splashed on the camera while the sadistic teen quickened his pace, slashing with more force and brutality. This video ran for ten whole minutes, capable of striking the boldest people with the utmost terror. Finally, the little girl collapsed onto the floor, the aura of death filling the atmosphere. Everything was silent, everything but the soft trickling of the girl’s blood. And just when one might think the carnage was over, the teen transformed into a hideous beast, ravaging the dead girl’s body and ultimately consuming it. After an obnoxious burp, the Demon smiled evilly at the camera and announced his last threat: “I will make you all fear me!” And with that, the video concluded.
Whereas the average human’s stomach might churn , or in Collins’s case, release its contents, after seeing this gory slaughter, Evans and Grayson were relatively unaffected. Having worked at BYTE for years, they have seen the worst acts of human beings imaginable. At this point in their careers, no level of bloodshed could surprise them. It is for this reason that they were the perfect workers for BYTE. It is for this reason that they had worked this way for this long.

“Using the Face Recognizer,” Grayson began, “I’ve identified the victim and the Demon. The victim is eight-year-old Charlotte Spanner. The Demon is seventeen-year- old Thomas Fields, the son of psychologist Arnold Fields. Both reside in Riverton. There is no further connection between them. So this is a-.”

“A serial killer,” responded Evans immediately. “Let’s get Collins and go.”

At that very moment, the door of the van swung open and the intern clumsily fell inside. After a brief period of lecturing, Collins was debriefed about the active Demon.

“He kills people for fun?” gasped a wide-eyed Collins. “What kind of sick person does that?!”

“Like I said,” Grayson replied with a harsh tone, “Demons possess those with wicked hearts. Clearly, a murderer would qualify as one of those people.”

“Regarding your role,” Evans broke in, “I need you to film that Demon. Based on the video we saw, he only transforms into his Demon form when he consumes his victims. That means that you’ll have to sneak into his house and wait until he eats someone before you can take pictures.”

“But that means that someone has to die!” exclaimed Collins. “I thought BYTE was supposed to save people.”

“By sacrificing one,” said his captain, “we can save dozens. There’s no way that we can protect everyone. But, if we take advantage of the deaths of those we can’t save, they’re deaths won’t have been in vain.”

“Isn’t there some way we can rescue them?!” the intern shouted.

“Can you do anything against a Demon?” Grayson inquired. “He’s too strong for even the Strike Squads to handle. Only those with Holy Rings can fight against this Demon. Speaking of which, you never did tell us what happened with you and that female Demon. Considering that you’re still alive, I assume you managed to use the ring?”

“No,” frowned Collins, “this weird guy came along with his own ring and beat her.”

“Was he wearing a BYTE uniform?” asked an interested Evans.

“No, he just had a T-shirt on. It didn’t seem like he was a BYTE soldier, but he knew how to use the Holy Ring.”

“Did you get a picture of this man?” Grayson asked. “If you did, I can identify him immediately.”

“Sorry,” Collins shrugged. “I was too shocked to do anything. I’ll get it next time!”

“Next time,” Evans said coldly, “you will persuade him to join BYTE. No ordinary citizen is permitted to use Holy Rings.”

“But what if he refuses?” suggested Collins. “He doesn’t seem to be the type that follows orders.”

“Then we’ll have to eliminate him,” responded Grayson.

“Can we even do that?!” Collins interjected. “In this day and age?!”

“We have no choice,” Evans sighed. “This is the way BYTE works. We can’t trust a normal civilian to do a soldier’s job. He’d be too much of a threat.”

“Either way, Collins,” Grayson continued, “just persuade him. In the meanwhile, you still have to take this ring to the qualified candidate.”

“Don’t bother,” muttered Evans. “He’s a Demon.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thomas Fields was born in Mason City, a relatively poor town. Because this area was in such a state of poverty that it could not afford police, crime was rampant everywhere. People constantly stole from one another, occasionally committing murder to get away with their crimes. Aside from the risk of theft, Mason’s citizens had something else to dread: tax collectors. Every month, government workers came to collect money, killing a single member of each household that couldn’t, or wouldn’t, comply. From the moment he was born, Fields was forced to work on the small plot of farmland in his backyard. His family sold half of their crops to pay for the monthly fees, and kept the other half to eat. His mother, thin and frail, spent every day knitting clothes for her family, selling some for extra money. Even with this, however, they barely managed to keep up with the payments every month. It is for this reason that his father joined a band of thieves that attacked rich folk in other cities and split the loot. The stress clearly took its toll on Mr. Fields, for he dealt with his anger and insecurity by physically abusing his son. Each time he returned from a robbery, his son lay in fear of an imminent beating. Nonetheless, this business kept their family financially secure for a while, that is, until the thieves were caught one day. Mr. Fields had to pay an exorbitant bail, diminishing the majority of his family’s savings. This could not have occurred at a worse time, for tax collection had been near. In his rage, Mr. Fields beat his then fifteen year-old son to the brink of death. The same was done for his wife when she attempted to stop him. The day before tax collection, the thieves attacked Fields’s house, stealing whatever money they had left. It was the only natural thing to do, for the other thieves had been affected by the arrest as well. Left with no resources to support themselves, the Fields family was faced with a difficult dilemma. When the government official came to their house, Mr. Fields was more than willing to sacrifice his son. Thomas was not surprised; he felt different emotions instead. Fear of his father. Hatred of his father. Fear of the government. Hatred of the government. Fear of the world. Hatred of the world. These feelings consumed him, allowing a Demon to possess him. In sheer madness, Thomas Fields slaughtered everyone nearby, including his mother whom he loved most. Fields then went on to decimate the entire city. Filled with endless fear and rage, he had sold his soul to the devil and sworn to take joy in the suffering and destruction of the world.
“What do you mean ‘give me money’?!” shouted the grumpy store manager. “If you can’t afford this laptop, then don’t buy it!”

“You should show more gratitude,” frowned an irritable Majesca. “I just gave you valuable advice on how to run your store. Now, how about you give me that money so that I can be on my way?”

“Hell, no!” DeSantos screamed. “If you don’t get out right now, I’m gonna call the cops!”

“The police?” Majesca chuckled. “You’re going to call the police because a customer is buying your products? You really are a bad manager.”

“That’s it! I’m gonna teach you a lesson, brat!”

The red-faced manager stormed around his counter to confront the curly-haired youth. However, almost provocatively, Majesca circled the counter in the opposite direction, reaching his hand into the already opened cash register. Before he could take any money, DeSantos hopped over the counter and pulled out his gun, pointing it at Majesca’s head.

“I’m gonna call the cops on you, you little thief!” the manager roared. “If you make any move, I’m gonna blast your brains out, you hear?”

Just as Majesca was about to disobey, Collins stormed into the store, apologizing about being late. However, he hollered in surprise as he saw his boss pointing a dangerous weapon, as well as Majesca being threatened by one.

“B-b-boss!” he stuttered. “What are you doing?!”

“Perfect timing,” DeSantos smirked. “Call the cops. This little punk’s trying to steal my money!”

“Wait, that’s-!” began Collins as he recalled how materialistic Majesca was. “Gah! I’ll cover it! Just please let him go!”

In around ten minutes, Collins and DeSantos settled the matter; Majesca was given the laptop he had wanted, but was kicked, literally kicked, out of the shop and forbidden from ever entering it again. Collins, on the other hand, was to work overtime without pay.

“Look what you did!” he scolded Majesca. “Not everyone’s going to take your strange habits lightly!”

“But apparently, you do,” Majesca grinned.

“Anyway,” Collins grunted, more than happy to change the topic, “I have to talk to you about the ring.”

“Not before you talk to me about BYTE,” said the youth. “Who are you and who do you work for?”

“My name is Derrick Collins. I’m an intern working in BYTE’s Covert Squad G.”

“So you’re just a rookie?” Majesca sneered. “That’s just what I’d expect from a guy like you. I guess I don’t need you after all.”

“Wait, hear me out!” Collins pleaded. “BYTE is a good company. It fights for justice. All of its employees are dedicated to protecting humanity from Demons! Please join us! You’re the only one who can use the Holy Ring!”

“Okay,” replied Majesca sternly. “But you’ll have to tell me who’s running the operation. What are their motives? What are their plans for the future?”

“That’s…..,” hesitated Collins, “I can’t tell you that.”

“It’s more like you don’t know,” he declared. “You’re just an intern, so you haven’t been told anything significant. But I bet that nobody knows BYTE’s true colors. These ‘dedicated employees’ you speak of are nothing more than mindless servants who do the dirty work for the higher-ups, who don’t even reveal themselves.”

“You have to trust me!” Collins shouted. “Don’t make this harder on yourself. I’m doing this for your sake!”

“So that’s it, isn’t it?” the youth said as he wrinkled his eyebrows. “If I resist, I’ll be taken out. If I join, I’ll be temporarily safe. That is, until I mess up, in which case I’ll be removed. That’s the type of organization BYTE is, am I right?”

At that moment, Collins’s phone rang, prompting him to pick it up.

[i]“Collins, the Demon has been spotted dragging an elderly man into the public bathroom at Deltan Square. Get there and take photographs!”[/i]

“On my way!” announced Collins.

He turned around to inform Majesca, but the youth was nowhere to be seen. Grunting with frustration, picked up his camera inside the store and dashed out, invoking the wrath of his employer. Mounting his motorbike, Collins sped to the location of the Demon. [i]Where could that guy have gone at a time like this? [/i]he thought to himself. With a heavy heart, Collins accelerated, hoping to arrive before it would be too late to save the victim.

[i]"Remember, Collins. Do not engage the Demon, no matter what."[/i]

"I know," he replied. "I just need to record everything."
The Demon stood giggling in a toilet stall, glaring at his next victim, who was bound and gagged. Threateningly, he brandished a small butcher knife, waving around gently. This triggered an unusual response from the old man; he simply sat there, his eyes closed. Deeply insulted, the Demon swung the knife, cutting into the flesh in the man's arm. A muffled scream followed. Then came a few more. Just as the fifth stroke was swung, however, the bathroom door swung open. Seemingly unaware of the old man's heavy breathing and the pool of blood oozing from the toilet stall, the person who entered simply walked into the adjacent stall. Assuming that this person was either deaf of stupid, the Demon continued his work.

"Well?" it whispered to the old man as he removed the sock in his mouth. "Are you scared?"

"No one...." he panted, "would be afraid of a murderer like you."

"Very well," the Demon grumbled, "then I'll show you my true form!"

At that moment, the bathroom door opened again, stopping the Demon in his tracks. This time, quieter and slower footsteps could be heard. This person stood before the stall that a river of red liquid flowed from, hesitating to open the door. Two people breathed loudly: the wounded old man and the second person who entered the bathroom. The Demon and the person in the stall beside him remained completely silent. Suddenly, a foot struck the Demon's face, the wall separating the two stalls crumbling and revealing the curly-haired youth.

"You did well," Majesca said to the old man with four bloody wounds. "I'll take it from here."

He threw another kick at the Demon, smashing him through the stall door and into a flabbergasted Collins.

"Collins," the youth continued, "take this man to a hospital."

"How did you know it was me?!" Collins exclaimed. "And why the hell did you do that?!"

"Only a rookie would stand before his enemy and not strike immediately," jeered Majesca. "Now, get out of here."

Waiting not a second more, Collins pulled the old man onto his back and ran out the bathroom. Enraged, the Demon chased after them, only to be flung backwards by Majesca's punch.

"You won't be getting out of here alive," said Majesca, revealing his Holy Ring.

"Heh, I've heard about you," the Demon grinned. "You're the one who killed Terror Demon. But what can you do in a place like this? There's no space for you to summon your barrier."

Suddenly, the Demon transformed into a hideous, black creature with four, red eyes. Its thorny wings spread, flapping to levitate the Demon. Striking Majesca down with its tail, the Demon shot out of the bathroom, speeding after the old man. The snarling youth stood up and ran after the monster. As soon as the Demon reached Collins, it swooped down, slamming both the intern and the old man into a tree. His breath knocked out, Collins clutched his chest, wheezing violently.

"I never let my victims live," chuckled the Demon. "But first, I'll punish you for interfering with my fun!"

"Only a cruel monster like you would call that fun!" Collins screamed. "One day, I'll kill every last one of you Demons!"

"Bold words for a guy that can't back them up!" it laughed as it approached its target.

Just as the Demon was about to strike with its claw, a flourescent screen intercepted the attack, repelling the monster.

"How did you get here so quickly?!" the Demon shouted angrily as Collins escaped with the old man. "Who are you?!"

"My name is Rex Majesca," the youth replied as he entered the dome. "I am the man that will rule the world. Remember that."

With that, he slipped his left arm into his duel disk, which signaled its activation with a flash of light. Gritting its vampiric teeth, the Demon held out its arm, black sludge enveloping it and hardening to form a structure that resembled a duel disk.

"Duel!" cried both.

"I'll go first!" Majesca declared as he drew a card. "I summon [b]Zalt, Counselor of Supreme Ruler[/b]!"

A lotus bud materialized on the field, opening to reveal a black-haired woman in a long, white robe. Sitting in a meditative position, the woman positioned her hands in a perpendicular mudra and chanted silently.

[spoiler='Zalt, Counselor of Supreme Ruler'][img]http://i.imgur.com/biD6B.jpg[/img]
| Zalt, Counselor of Supreme Ruler | WIND | Spellcaster | Level 4 | Effect | ATK 1500 DEF 600 | Once per turn, while this card is face-up on the field, if a "Supreme Ruler" card would be destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, it is not destroyed. |[/spoiler]

"I set two cards face-down," he continued. "Your turn."

"With a pathetic monster like that, you'll be dead in no time!" the Demon roared. "I activate the Spell card [b]Demon Wing[/b]! I get rid of this weak monster in my hand to bring out my [b]Aero Demon[/b]!"

An ominous, black vortex appeared on the ground, absorbing the card the Demon threw inside it. A thick slime shot out of the hole, bubbling uncontrollably. Suddenly, the vortex collapse, releasing an armored female Demon with large, crimson wings.

[spoiler='Demon Wing'][img]http://i.imgur.com/ipArv.jpg[/img]
| Demon Wing | Normal | Discard 1 "Demon" card from your hand. Then, Special Summon "Aero Demon" from your hand or deck. |[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Aero Demon'][img]http://i.imgur.com/KBPAr.jpg[/img]
| Aero Demon | DARK | Fiend | Level 7 | Effect | ATK 2200 DEF 500 | If this card attacks a Monster in Defense position, destroy that Monster without damage calculation. Then, increase this card's ATK by 600. |[/spoiler]

"[b]Aero Demon[/b], attack Zalt!" the Demon commanded. "When my monster attacks a monster in Defense mode, that monster is instantly destroyed!"

"Unfortunately for you," Majesca smiled, "my monster is immune to destruction once per turn."

The female Demon soared into the air and swooped down on the priestess, slashing it violently. However, due to Zalt's spell, a barrier was created around her, protecting her from harm.

"Grrr," the Demon grunted. "I play a face-down. Make your next stupid move."

"Do you see the difference between our power?" teased Majesca. "You used up two cards to bring out one measly girl, while all I had to do was sit back and do nothing to evade your attack."

"I'm far from finished!" screamed the Demon.

"Fine, my turn! I activate my Trap card [b]Supreme Ruler's Decree[/b]! This lets me retrieve a Level Four 'Supreme Ruler' monster from my Deck. I'll add Vanegar."

[spoiler='Supreme Ruler's Decree'][img]http://i.imgur.com/qsoK5.jpg[/img]
| Supreme Ruler's Decree | Normal Trap | Add 1 Level 4 "Supreme Ruler" Monster from your deck to your hand. |[/spoiler]

"I'll then summon him. Come, [b]Vanegar, Knight of Supreme Ruler[/b]!"

The gallant warrior Vanegar emerged from a shining portal, riding glamorously on his noble steed.

[spoiler='Vanegar, Knight of Supreme Ruler'][img]http://i.imgur.com/Wf4J6.jpg[/img]
| Vanegar, Knight of Supreme Ruler | EARTH | Warrior | Level 4 | Effect | ATK 1200 DEF 400 | When this card is Normal Summoned, destroy 1 Spell or Trap card on your opponent's side of the field. This card cannot attack the turn this effect is activated. |[/spoiler]

"Using Vanegar's effect," Majesca continued, "I destroy that set card of yours!"

"Not before I chain it!" the Demon countered. "Demonic Feeding! I destroy 1 card on your field and my monster gains 500 ATK! I destroy your other face-down!"

The armored knight hurled his spear at his opponent's set card, which shattered into pieces. However, the shards of the broken card launched themselves at Majesca's other set card, shredding it. At the same time, a black aura surrounded Aero Demon, whose claws extended and became sharper.

[spoiler='Demonic Feeding'][img]http://i.imgur.com/OHMTg.jpg[/img]
| Demonic Feeding | Normal Trap | While you control a "Demon" Monster, destroy 1 card your opponent controls. Then, increase the ATK of 1 Monster you control by 500. | [/spoiler]

"I love that look on your face!" laughed the Demon. "Just when you thought you had an advantage, the tables completely turned on you!"

"I admit that wasn't half bad," said Majesca, "but that's not all I have. I overlay my Level Four Zalt and Vanegar! With these two monsters, I create an Overlay Network! Xyz Summon! Appear now, [b]Jami, Archer of Supreme Ruler[/b]!"

As Majesca’s monsters de-materialized and gathered into spheres of light, an iridescent spiral crest appeared on the ground, releasing a tremendous amount of energy. Increasing its gravitational pull, the crest absorbed the two balls and launched a humongous pillar of light into the air. In a burst of light, the warrior of courage, Jami, rode his valiant horse onto the field, holding his bow readily.

[spoiler='Jami, Archer of Supreme Ruler'][img]http://i.imgur.com/u3gPX.jpg[/img]
| Jami, Archer of Supreme Ruler | LIGHT | Warrior | Rank 4 | XYZ / Effect | 2 Level 4 "Supreme Ruler" Monsters | Once per turn, you can detach 1 Overlay Unit to decrease the ATK of 1 MOnster your opponent controls by 1000. When this card attacks without any Overlay Units, discard 1 card from your hand. | [/spoiler]

"What can that s*** do?" the Demon snickered. "It only has 2000 ATK."

"I activate Jami's effect," said Majesca. "I detach 1 Overlay Unit to weaken your monster's ATK by 1000 points!"

"You what?!" his opponent exclaimed.

"Go, Jami! Attack [b]Aero Demon[/b] with Ionic Array!"

As the female Demon took flight, Jami shot a flaming arrow at her, engulfing her in flames and knocking her to the ground. The archer then launched a cluster of shining arrows into the air, which fell down and skewered the fallen Demon. The force of the impact bashed the Demon against the barrier, which then pounded him to the ground. [Majesca: 4000 Timor: 3700]

"Damn you," the Demon growled as he stood up. "I didn't think I would have to use this power on such a weakling. My turn! I summon [b]Infant Demon[/b]!"

[spoiler='Infant Demon'][img]http://i.imgur.com/tKh0d.jpg[/img]
Infant Demon | DARK | Fiend | Level 1 | Effect | ATK 0 DEF 0 | When this card is destroyed by battle, inflict 800 points of damage to your opponent. Then, add "Cavalry Demon" from your deck to your hand |[/spoiler]

"That thing again?" poked Majesca. "Is it finally going to serve a purpose this time?"

"The hell it will! I activate the Spell card [b]Offering to the Demon Gods[/b]! By sacrificing Infant Demon here, I can summon out my ace monster! Descend on this barren wasteland called Earth, [b]Timor, the Demon Lord of Fear[/b]!"

An satanic altar rose from the ground, a ring of fire surrounding it. Caught in a trance, the baby Demon crawled onto the main pedestal, which bound it with chains. At that time, the Demon himself reached his claws at his monster, which he gobbled in one bite. Majesca cocked an eyebrow as his opponent grew twice as large and twice as menacing. Even though it touched the barrier, the Demon appeared unfazed. A violet flame enveloped around his body, which became bulkier and scalier. His final change was revealed through his earth-shaking howl, deeper and raspier than ever before.

[spoiler='Offering to the Demon Gods'][img]http://i.imgur.com/vxX9y.jpg[/img]
| Offering to the Demon Gods | Quick-Play Spell | Tribute 1 "Demon" Monster you control. Special Summon a "Demon Lord" or "Demon God" Monster from your hand, deck, or Graveyard. |[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Timor, the Demon Lord of Fear'][img]http://i.imgur.com/7q5qe.jpg[/img]
|Timor, the Demon Lord of Fear | DARK | Fiend | Level 8 | Effect | ATK 3000 DEF 2600 | This card can attack your opponent directly. This card's summon cannot be negated. This card cannot be targeted by the effects of Spells, Traps, or Effect Monsters. If this card's attack is negated, inflict 1000 points of damage to your opponent. |[/spoiler]

"From what I gather," Majesca began, "you are a manifestation of that monster you played. Or rather, that monster is a manifestation of you. No, to be exact, you ARE that monster. And that monster is you."

"That's right," Timor laughed vehemently. "Every Demon has a card in its deck that can maximize its power. I am in control of whatever attack I make on you! My servant monsters no longer hinder my true capabilities! I can strike you however I like!"

"But in the same sense that being the monster is your greatest strength," said the youth energetically, "being the monster is also your greatest weakness! If I destroy that monster in this duel, then I will instantly destroy you!"

"Just try it!" teasted Timor confidently. "I'll finish you this turn with a single attack!"

Raising his right claw, the Demon lunged forward, thrusting his blade-like fingers at Majesca. Realizing that this was a direct attack, the curly-haired duelist leapt to the side in an attempt to dodge the attack. However, due to the sheer size of his opponent, Majesca was struck on the arm and three of the four cards in his hand were torn in half. He grunted in pain as blood gushed from his wound, splashing softly on the ground. But even more painful was the fact that he had lost a vast majority of his hand. [Majesca: 1000 Timor: 3700]

"So you survived that attack in the end, huh?" snarled Timor. "But, after witnessing my power, you should be struck with so much fear that you lost the will to fight. And, even if you somehow manage to keep your sanity, since you lost those three cards in your hand, you now have less than forty cards in your deck. That means that you can no longer duel and I win."

"Sorry to disappoint," snickered a huffing Majesca, "but I have fifty-seven more cards in my deck."

"You mean to say that you have that many cards in your deck?!" the Demon gasped. "What kind of duelist are you?!"

"One with a top-tier deck!" the youth replied. "And one that will beat you!"

"What?! A top-tier deck?! But those are so rare! Where could you have gotten your hands on one?!"

"It's a secret," grinned Majesca. "But for now, it's my turn! I activate Jami's effect, reducing your ATK by 1000 points!"

"Nice try," shouted Timor as he roared with laughter. "I can't be targeted by Monster, Spell, or Trap cards!"

The archer shot another flaming arrow, which flew directly at Timor's chest. However, it snapped at the roughness of the Demon's skin and fell dismally.

"That would explain your confidence," frowned Majesca. "But I still have other options! I set two cards face-down! It's your turn."

"Then it's the end for you!" Timor announced. "I activate my Spell card [b]Demonic Fury[/b]! This will destroy your monster and give you 1000 points of damage!"

"I activate my Trap card [b]Xyz Remedy[/b]!" the youth countered. "By returning Jami to my Extra Deck, I can bring back Zalt and Vanegar. Then, I heal 600 Life Points! Also, since your target disappeared, I don't take any damage!"

Timor raised his head to gather a gigantic fireball in his mouth. After a matter of seconds, he threw his head forward, launching the fireball at the helpless archer. However, the target of the blast de-materialized and formed into two spheres of light, which reformed into the priestess and the knight. Ultimately, the ball of fire slammed against the ground, the force of the collision knocking Majesca against the barrier. As he stood back up, he noticed a gargantuan crater in the middle of the field. [Majesca: 1600 Timor: 3700]

[spoiler='Demonic Fury'][img]http://i.imgur.com/3N5Xh.jpg[/img]
| Demonic Fury | Normal Spell | While you control a "Demon" Monster, destroy 1 Monster your opponent controls and inflict 1000 points of damage to your opponent. |[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Xyz Remedy'][img]http://i.imgur.com/QzCXW.jpg[/img]
| Xyz Remedy | Normal Trap | Return an Xyz Monster to your Extra Deck. Then, Special Summon the Monsters from your Graveyard that were used as Xyz materials for the summon of that Monster and increase your Life Points by 600. |[/spoiler]

Without another word, Timor himself attacked, thrusting his deadly claws at Majesca.

"I activate my Trap card [b]Supreme Defense[/b]!" the youth declared instantly. "It will negate your attack and let me draw a card!"

The two monsters Majesca had just summoned flew to intercept the attack, creating a mystical shield to stop Timor's claws. Retracting his claws, the Demon growled in frustration.

[spoiler='Supreme Defense'][img]http://i.imgur.com/0SdIR.jpg[/img]
| Supreme Defense | Normal Trap | When your opponent declares an attack on your "Supreme Ruler" Monster, negate the attack. Then, draw 1 card. |[/spoiler]

"When my attack is blocked," Timor said restlessly, "you take 1000 points of damage!"

At that moment, the Demon opened his jaws and released a loud, sonic wave, unleashing all of his rage and irritation at Majesca, who was slammed against his own barrier once more. His legs wobbling, a heaving Majesca attempted to stand up again. [Majesca: 600 Timor: 3700]

"I'll toss a face-down and call it a turn," the Demon declared with wrinkled eyebrows. "This is the last card you'll ever draw."

"It's more like this is the last card you'll ever see drawn," Majesca retorted. "I overlay my level four Zalt and Vanegar! With these two monsters, I create an Overlay Network! Xyz Summon! Appear now, [b]Butaro, Vanguard of Supreme Ruler[/b]!”

As Majesca’s monsters de-materialized and gathered into spheres of light, an iridescent spiral crest appeared on the ground, releasing a tremendous amount of energy. Increasing its gravitational pull, the crest absorbed the two balls and launched a humongous pillar of light into the air. In an explosion of radiance, the angel of justice, Butaro, appeared, raising his sword of courage.

[spoiler='Butaro, Vanguard of Supreme Ruler'][img]http://i.imgur.com/mHQOo.jpg[/img]
| Butaro, Vanguard of Supreme Ruler | LIGHT | Fairy | Rank 4 | Xyz \ Effect | ATK 2500 DEF 1800 | 2 Level 4 "Supreme Ruler" Monsters | Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz-material from this card to Special Summon 1 "Supreme Ruler" MOnster from your Graveyard. That card cannot attack until your opponent's next Standby Phase. |[/spoiler]

"Then, I equip him with this card! [b]Supreme Artifact - Holy Sword[/b]! This will give Butaro 700 ATK for each Overlay Unit I decide to remove from him. I remove both, making his total ATK 3900! Attack him now, Butaro! Majestic Saber Slash!"

"I won't let you end it so easily!" shouted Timor. "I activate my Trap card [b]Hell's Sympathy[/b]! My Monsters can't be destroyed by battle this turn and you take the same amount of damage I take at the end of this turn!"

Masses of clouds gathered at the apex of the dome, a single ray of light shining on the mighty angel. Then, a glistening, golden sword fell from the sky, dropping perfectly into Butaro's hand. Fueled by this new power, the winged fighter took flight, soaring directly at the Demon. However, just as Butaro was about to strike, a wave of lava burst upwards from the ground, canceling his attack. In compensation for the attack's nullification, a burst of force from the swing of the golden sword struck Timor in the shoulder, bruising it and knocking him to the ground. [Majesca: 600 Timor: 2800]

[spoiler='Supreme Artifact - Holy Sword'][img]http://i.imgur.com/kVj6x.jpg[/img]
| Supreme Artifact - Holy Sword | Equip Spell | Equip this card to a "Supreme Ruler" Xyz Monster. Remove any number of Xyz materials from the equipped Monster. That monster gains 700 ATK for each Xyz material removed. At the end of the Battle Phase, destroy this card and Special Summon up to 2 "Supreme Ruler" Monsters from your Graveyard. |[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Hell's Sympathy'][img]http://i.imgur.com/fuVLm.jpg[/img]
| Hell's Sympathy | Normal Trap | Until the End Phase of this turn, if a Dark Monster would be destroyed by battle, it is not destroyed. During the End Phase, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the amount of Battle Damage you received this turn. |[/spoiler]

"That was your last chance to attack!" chuckled Timor diabolically. "At the end of this turn, you'll take 700 points of damage, which will wipe out the rest of your Life Points. Even if you manage to survive, I'll attack you directly next turn! If you negate that attack, I'll give you 1000 damage, which is sure to finish you off. Your defeat is imminent."

"You're right," sighed Majesca. "Or, you would've been if I hadn't drawn this."

"It can't be!" exclaimed the Demon. "[b]Supreme Ruler's Law[/b]! That's the card that killed Metus!"

"Exactly! At the end of my Battle Phase, Holy Sword is destroyed and Zalt and Vanegar return to the field. The conditions are now met. You have no Spells or Traps. I have more than two "Supreme Ruler" monsters. And you have more Life Points than I. I banish all three of my monsters to inflict you with 3000 points of damage!"

[spoiler='Supreme Ruler's Law'][img]http://i.imgur.com/pxUcy.jpg[/img]
| Supreme Ruler's Law | Normal Spell | This card can only be activated if your opponent has more Life Points than you do, you control at least 2 "Supreme Ruler" Monsters, and your opponent controls no Spell or Trap cards. Banish all "Supreme Ruler" Monsters from your field, hand, and Graveyard. THen, destroy all cards on the field. During your End Phase, inflict 1000 points of damage to your opponent for each card you banished with this card's effect. |[/spoiler]

The incandescent sheet of paper rose to the air, illuminating the entire dome. It then launched itself at Timor, ensnaring him. At the same time, the protective dome encircled the Demon, incinerating the darkness in it. Majesca winced as he heard Timor's loud, coarse scream, reverberating throughout the area. Despite his desperate attempts, the Demon could simply not break free from the power of the light. Slowly but surely, the Demon known as Timor, the embodiment of fear, was completely vanquished. [Majesca: 600 Timor: 0]

Satisfied with his victory, Majesca collapsed onto the floor, succumbing to the pain of his injury. Breathing heavily, he glanced at the Demon's host, a teenage boy who seemed to fear everything around him. Whatever dark memories he had of his past apparently remained with him, for he screamed in anguish at every sight. The bright sun. The luscious grass. The cool breeze. Regardless of what he saw, the boy could do nothing but shriek and shrivel. Finally, the time came when his body began to disintegrate, evoking a horrific response. Even this moment of purification, the sacred release of a person's pain, scared the poor boy. The fearful howling persisted until he completely vanished, until his suffering was truly over. Alas, the existence of this boy was a curse, a curse broken only by his return to humanity and the forgiveness of his sins. Thomas Fields never found salvation. His life, haunted by this dreadful curse, was miserable to the bitter bitter end.

[i]The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.[/i]
- Mark Twain

[/spoiler]

Archived