If you had children, what would you name them?

Mehmani

Yes, I am aware of the other two threads on the topic of names already around, but they are separate from this specific topic. And I'm also curious. I wince when I think of the names I liked when I was a little kid, but I've now thought about taking the names of people I admire. I happen to be named after a relative, who was named after a relative, who was named after Alfred the Great (probably, the records are hazy). So I'm Alfred III, by family.

So, are you named after a famous person? Are you even named after a beloved relative?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color=#000066][b]Adolph Blaine Charles David Earl Frederick Jack Gerald Hubert Irvin John Kenneth Lloyd Martin Nero Oliver Paul Quincy Randolph Sherman Thomas Uncas Victor William Xerxes Yancy Zeus Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorft Senior the II. *shot*

Kananinoheaokuuhomeopuukaimanaalohilo the II. *shot*

Captain Fantastic Faster Than Superman Spiderman Batman Wolverine Hulk And The Flash Combined the II. *shot*

Red - Wacky League - Antlez - Broke the Stereo – Neon Tide - Bring Back Honesty – Coalition – Feedback – Hand of Aces – Keep Going Captain – Let’s Pretend – Lost State of Dance – Paper Taxis – Lunar Road - Up! Down! Strange! – All and I – Neon Sheep – Eve Hornby - Faye Bradley – AJ Wilde – Michael Rice – Dion Watts – Matthew Appleyard – John Ashurst – Lauren Swales – Zoe Angus – Jaspreet Singh – Emma Matthews – Nicola Brown – Leanne Pickering – Victoria Davies – Rachel Burnside – Gil Parker – Freya Watson - Alisha Watts – James Pearson - Jacob Sotheran-Darley - Beth Lowery – Jasmine Hewitt – Chloe Gibson - Molly Farquhar - Lewis Murphy – Abbie Coulson – Nick Davies - Harvey Parker - Kyran Williamson - Michael Anderson - Bethany Murray - Sophie Hamilton - Amy Wilkins - Emma Simpson - Liam Wales - Jacob Bartram - Alex Hooks - Rebecca Miller - Caitlin Miller - Sean McCloskey - Dominic Parker - Abbey Sharpe – Elena Larkin – Rebecca Simpson - Nick Dixon – Abbie Farrelly – Liam Grieves – Casey Smith – Liam Downing – Ben Wignall – Elizabeth Hann - Danielle Walker - Lauren Glen - James Johnson – Ben Ervine - Kate Burton - James Hudson - Daniel Mayes - Matthew Kitching – Josh Bennett – Evolution – Dreams - The II. *shot*[/b][/color]

I already have a name set for a girl which will be called Claire Starla (assuming the mother is fine with the name).

I'm completely stumped with what to call a boy though because I want my children to have names that have good meanings and I believe that its harder to find good names that fit both of their meanings for boys. There are more names that have nice meanings for girls from what I've researched.

[quote name='.Rai' timestamp='1343135166' post='5987404']
I'm named after my birthday: Noel.

If I end up having a child on some sort of special occasion, there's my inspiration.

Otherwise, a normal yet uncommon name is good.
[/quote]

Guessing you were born on Christmas then.

Edit: *checks profile* I was right.

[quote name=''Night' timestamp='1343135346' post='5987409']
Guessing you were born on Christmas then.
Edit: *checks profile* I was right.
[/quote]

Correcto.

On another note, it's surprising how many people on this site know each others' names.

[quote name='Vengevine' timestamp='1343135277' post='5987406']
I will have twins.
They shall be known as Tea and Crumpets.
And as for my name, I swear my mum just gave me the longest possible name she could think of. Then ironically gave me a 5 letter middle name. :(
[/quote]

Chris is your middle name. New fact of the day C: Also, I agree with those twin names.

[quote name='.Rai' timestamp='1343135166' post='5987404']
I'm named after my birthday: Noel.
If I end up having a child on some sort of special occasion, there's my inspiration.
Otherwise, a normal yet uncommon name is good.
[/quote]

Your hipsterness shows even in your choice of naming.

Male child for me would be Alex. Female would be Zoey.

Obviously ???, after THE ???.
[img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/16/GSC_Silver_Johto.png[/img]

I'm sorry, I had to do that after I saw "Silver"

In all honesty, though, I think a relatively normal name would be best.
Y'know, something that wouldn't get my kids ass kicked.

Probably Duncan for a boy, but I don't know about a girl.

I was born on Christmas Day too, Rai, and the religious people in my family (particularly my grandparents) wanted to call me Emmanuel! So my parents compromised by naming me after my great-grandfather.

I would name a boy Bertrand after Bertrand Russell, and as for a girl, perhaps Jessica after Jessica Mitford.

Archived