Xyz Unit

[IMG]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120529033860/yugioh/images/thumb/5/5f/XyzUnit-GAOV-EN-UR-1E.png/300px-XyzUnit-GAOV-EN-UR-1E.png[/IMG]

So I decided to tech this in Bubblebeat just because. Ended up winning a majority of games with it tonight, including the REDU playmat which is just awesome. The fact that it makes Blade Armor a 3000 double attacker that can attack more than once, as well as making cards like Maestroke the Symphony Djinn 2600 walls that can flip, is actually really cool. I'm aware the Deck doesn't need it, but it's a really fun tech that I'm thinking of keeping around for a while, it won me quite a few games.

Maybe overlooked?

[quote name='Expelsword - 黎明' timestamp='1345430269' post='6011177']
Pleiades becomes 3500 superwall?
Gustaph Max becomes a 5000 godslayer cannon?

Sounds cool.
[/quote]

I'm not sure it'd be versatile outside of Bubblebeat. The reason it works so well there is because you can Set it to allow for Bubbleman plays, and OTK faster while also having the option to bring out something like a 3300 Utopia if you can't go for game right away. It really is a well-designed card. The massive amounts of S/T Destruction around makes it not so good, but it really has worked well for me.

[quote name='- Neo -' timestamp='1345430457' post='6011180']
I'm not sure it'd be versatile outside of Bubblebeat. The reason it works so well there is because you can Set it to allow for Bubbleman plays, and OTK faster while also having the option to bring out something like a 3300 Utopia if you can't go for game right away. It really is a well-designed card. The massive amounts of S/T Destruction around makes it not so good, but it really has worked well for me.
[/quote]

yeah, but people look at the card and deem it not really a threat, and don't want to waste a card for it, but, thats how you make overlooked cards good, you make them useful, so they waste that destruction on it, and are left with not enough for later in the game to win with on a final push, in theory.

[quote name='werewolfjedi' timestamp='1345430852' post='6011188']
yeah, but people look at the card and deem it not really a threat, and don't want to waste a card for it, but, thats how you make overlooked cards good, you make them useful, so they waste that destruction on it, and are left with not enough for later in the game to win with on a final push, in theory.
[/quote]

I actually thought the card was really bad, but I decided to try it anyway and it's been really, really good. It's quite surprising. I might keep it main'd.

[quote name='~British Soul~' timestamp='1345463522' post='6011410']
Fix'd because Galaxy Destroyer onlt has 5000 ATK (5000 + 2000 = 7000).
[/quote]
Yeah noticed that my bad. Still it shows how dangerous this card can get with its power boost by 200 X rank as imagine how powerful a rank 12 XYZ monster would get with it.

[quote name='kingdom Neos' timestamp='1345466302' post='6011431']
Yeah noticed that my bad. Still it shows how dangerous this card can get with its power boost by 200 X rank as imagine how powerful a rank 12 XYZ monster would get with it.
[/quote]
That's IF we get a Rank 12, but then again a Rank 12 will be VERY difficult to bring out. Unless you use Double Quasar ofc.

[quote name='Expelsword - 黎明' timestamp='1345468806' post='6011468']
Double Quasar
[Dr. Fudo Slap.gif]
[/quote]
I'll give you a...
[img]http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz203/Expelsword/SLAP.gif[/img] BACK (as payback for doing it to me) [color=#ffffff]don't slap me when quoting me or it'll happen to you back[/color]

Yeah, well you'd have to be pretty lucky to pull that out (I know you can do it in Fabled), although why would you want to overlay them...unless the Rank 12 is SERIOUSLY broken (i.e. have a the summon of this cannot be negated eff). but even then, i'd still keep the 2 Quasar imo because they're too boss.

Then again, most of the time i see Quasar, i see it in 1s, but that doesn't mean i don't i see it in 2s at the same time at all.

[quote name='~British Soul~' timestamp='1345795759' post='6011879'][color=#FFFFFF]slap me when quoting me or it'll happen to you back[/color]
Yeah, well you'd have to be pretty lucky to pull that out (I know you can do it in Fabled), although why would you want to overlay them...unless the Rank 12 is SERIOUSLY broken (i.e. have a the summon of this cannot be negated eff). but even then, i'd still keep the 2 Quasar imo because they're too boss.

Then again, most of the time i see Quasar, i see it in 1s, but that doesn't mean i don't i see it in 2s at the same time at all.
[/quote]

Or make some monsters that either...
*act well together with stuff like T.Gate (having 1000 or lower ATK and same type for level 6 or higher monsters) which would make them both level 12
*Have an effect themselfs that can alter the level to 12 along with another monsters...
or
*Make both of them level 12 and just have the special summon this card only if you control 3 monsters etc.

As it is highly possible for it to happen if they make a rank 12 monster I mean look at stuff like Dyson Sphere and Galaxy Destroyer where they have stuff that can be used to summon them, like T.Gate and Metal Reflect Slime.

[quote name='kingdom Neos' timestamp='1345817780' post='6011954']
Or make some monsters that either...
*act well together with stuff like T.Gate (having 1000 or lower ATK and same type for level 6 or higher monsters) which would make them both level 12
*Have an effect themselfs that can alter the level to 12 along with another monsters...
or
*Make both of them level 12 and just have the special summon this card only if you control 3 monsters etc.

As it is highly possible for it to happen if they make a rank 12 monster I mean look at stuff like Dyson Sphere and Galaxy Destroyer where they have stuff that can be used to summon them, like T.Gate and Metal Reflect Slime.
[/quote]
The thing is though, i'd it's more likely that a Rank 12 (and cards which can help get it out) would be more like plot-devices in the anime, instead of pack-filler. We'll just have to wait and see, you never know we might not get any Rank 12s at all

Archived