Legend Blood [FINISHED, please lock/PG-13/IC] *remake*

Merci

6iM4F0Q.png

1cBlM.png

IC Thread here

((You don't have to read EVERYTHING below. Just the one that corresponds with your faction and character))

With blood, a bat hates all
A mere legend to rise or fall
From fire, the blessed to disperse
And in the aftermath, be cursed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lord Elnaer sat down upon a golden throne.

It was a throne fashioned and created from all the jewelries of gold found and taken from humans, a throne formed from the crushed hopes and dreams of those pathetic little mongrels. It was a delightful feeling, to torture these humans, to punish them. To make them feel despair and to make them suffer. There was nobody else in the throne room with him, and so he had the sudden urge to laugh.

"Ha ha ha...AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAHHAHAHAHHHH!!!!!!"

Holding out a glass of red, he poured it into his mouth, still laughing. As his hand was shaking a little, a little bit of the red liquid spilled out around his mouth, giving him the appearance of a vampire, with blood on his mouth. In fact, he was a vampire. He was the Vampire Lord. And what he was drinking was indeed the blood, of humans. A delicious taste unlike any other, the only thing humans were really good for.

While usually he would drink with the prison head, today he did it alone, simply as a celebration. Within the depths of the library, an ancient record unsurpassed by any other, laid a story unlike any other. An ancient story probably thousands of years old, and a story so intriguing he simply couldn’t get it out of his mind. A story so intriguing, he had to imitate the main character.

By mere luck, an elf from old times and the quite possibly the very last of the mythical race was now residing within a prison. By mere luck, a scientist had recently created a hybrid between a human and – guess what? – a shark. Everything was in place. By the time the full moon comes, all humans on this dirtridden planet called Lath shall be exterminated.

And so he laughed. An insane laugh that should have given away his total insanity.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a quiet and dark place, and a lone boy with dark red hair sat within.

His hair had grown all the way to his feet, and Mother would’ve been really mad about him not cutting it. That is, if she had still been alive. Which she wasn’t. She was dead. That really sucked, but then again, most of the human heroes he had read about had been orphans…

Almost every night there was somebody thrown into this dreadful prison, sometimes even multiple people. He met fearful humans and rebel vampires alike, all with their hopes and dreamed injured. Some of them accepted their fate, others moaned in despair, banging their heads against the impenetrable bars. One or two even managed to escape once, only to come face to face with the dreadful prison head, that cruel vampire whose heart is made of darkness.

It was a miracle that the former vampire prince’s sanity had lasted this long. Every night he told a story to a fellow prisoner, and then they would be taken out for execution the next day. It wasn’t for their benefit, he knew he couldn’t save them, but he kept his sanity by telling them. They would all be surprised whenever they found out that Alsa von Mira was still alive.

One night, a particular person was thrown in, with strange ears and stories of his own. That was a few nights ago. This person…who was apparently an elf…had lasted a lot longer than anyone else. It seemed as though like Alsa himself, this person was to be trapped here for all eternity. It was relaxing to have another friend.

Alsa was the youngest of the three royal siblings, there being Niasa von Mira, and finally the tyrant Elnaer von Mira, who had declared war on all humans. I wonder how they are...

“Your position’s all wrong, rookie!” The Phoenix pointed out, quickly knocking the rookie soldier off-balance before pointing his sword down at his opponent’s neck.

He looked up at the sun for a short moment, bright daylight. The sun had always boosted his power. Like him, it was fire. He didn’t really understand the sun, nor did anybody else, but he understood that it always revolved around Lath.

“We’re heading off tonight, to infiltrate Nuevida. If you can’t improve by then, you won’t stand a chance against those vampires.”

“Of course, commander..!” The rookie replied, picking himself back up with his own sword, before suddenly a small gust attacked the Phoenix which distracted him for a split second, which was enough of an opening for the rookie to swing his sword and attack.

Unfortunately, the swing was blocked by a small blaze that acted as a shield, and when it faded away the Phoenix’s sword was once again pointed at the rookie.

“You have to learn to utilize magic in combat, rookie.” John advised. “Vampires are ridiculously fast and strong compared to us, you can talk to that Lyon freak if you don’t believe me. Magic is our only edge over them, and it’s the only way we’ll ever be able to defeat a vampire.”

“Yes, commander!”

“So for now, training is over. Feel free to take a break.”

“Yes, commander!”

He sighed a bit as the rookie left, his chestplate on backwards. How old was that kid? Seventeen? Eighteen? While he needed all the help he could get for this last stand against the vampires, he didn’t want to endanger children... It slightly unsettled John.

Still, he had many talented warriors on his side. The camp had only been based for around one or two months, but it had attracted brave warriors from all over Lath. He had even had a reunion with former bodyguard Clarice Blackwell, with her own nickname of ‘Black Lightning’. Among others was a valuable mercenary called Quentin Harlowe, as well as a few more…queer ones that hid their own secrets.

One of the questions buzzing in his head was ‘how the hell did a vampire become second in command?’.

Well, it might be because that with Lyon von Mira, once that tyrant Elnaer was taken down, Lyon could serve as the replacement, the next Vampire Lord. But he was still uncertain about this, he doubted the vampire people would consent to a Vampire Lord who had never learned their culture and ways. If anything, Niasa von Mira would be the next to take the throne. It was all complicated, but first thing’s first; infiltrating Nuevida.

He kept his golden armor on, and decided on patrolling the camp to check up on everyone. There weren't many, a lot less than a hundred, but enough if the only goals were to infiltrate Nuevida and take out Lord Elnaer.

((Enjoy Legend Blood!!!))

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The vampire in question, Lyon von Mira, was positioned over the other side of the camp at the time, teaching a small group of trainees finer control over their magic. "You need to add a bit more mana into that fireball. As it is, you would be lucky to even do any damage to the target, let alone damage a single vampire." Walking elsewhere, he could see a sphere of pure wind spin off to the side when it was thrown at the target, and tracked its trajectory to the source, a middle aged man struggling with his aim. "Those winds are decently powerful, but you don't have enough control over the trajectory. If the last one is anything to go by, you are more likely to miss your target than to do any damage."

Walking to the side, he looked back at the group, where they were all trying to generate basic spheres of their magic type, elemental in this group, and looked over to where a more familiar face had emerged out of the camp.

As usual, the Phoenix warrior scoffed at the vampire whose family was disinherited, Lyon von Mira.

To the people of the last stand, they were probably all thinking the same thing: Lyon taking the throne. But for that to happen, they would have to take down both Elnaer AND his younger sister, and anyone else part of the royal family who has a legitimate claim. Since afterall, Lyon would probably be the last person with a legitimate claim. Still, it gave them a better idea of the future than just more chaos. They all believed that Lyon could probably lead the vampires to true peace.

John Alexander merely walked past them. He was skilled in magic, however Lyon was more adept in that regard, as much as he hated to admit it.

Still, he had to be wary and cautious of the vampire. There was no telling how a vampire could act.

"Good morning." He greeted, narrowing his eyes, before walking elsewhere, to continue observing the camp.

Deep within the prison, a man unlike any other found himself trapped in perhaps the darkest part of it and stripped of his armor. His pale grey skin showing in the little light that there was. There was so little light, however, that the average human could hardly see at all but that was no problem for him. He was far from the average human.

The male's curious glass green eyes darted about the interior of the cell trying to find any sort of weak point which he could exploit to the end of escaping but for now there was not very much to do about his position. Despite the incredible power he had discovered there was little he could do even if he did manage to escape, after all the bastard Vampires had his armor and that was a major boon to him, given its ability to shift and change shape alongside him and the grand protection it provided. However, he had noticed that when he was cut he didn't bleed from the wound and healed more quickly than those around him.

To be brief about the matter, Iron Dragon didn't know what the f*** he was in any way shape or form. However that didn't change the fact that the vampires were his enemy and he would see them laid low in defeat. He'd heard from the rebels he ran with prior to his imprisonment that there was an army gathering for that exact purpose, and he had been planning to go and join them but then prison got in the way and he knew no one was gonna buy his amnesia story. That being the case he sighed and began tapping on the ground, hoping to get the attention of one of the other prisoners so as to start planning an escape.

[i][color=red]"...The man then faced a dilemma where he must choose between rescuing his brother, who was being whipped with thorns by the villains in one direction, or saving a young girl who had been abducted by a rogue knight in the other-"[/color][/i]

While Alsa von Mira was telling his stories, the usual ones that he spoke every night, his voice always echoing throughout the prison cells, he came to the attention a tapping. A small tapping that probably should've meant something. Holding out his hand and stopping his storytelling for the moment, he looked around for the source, before finally finding it. Having stayed within the prison cell for a few years, his eyes had adapted to the darkness and faint light of candles and so he had little difficulty with seeing things. Not only that, but vampires had their own adaption to darkness not unlike bats, although they didn't have any of that supersonic stuff.

However, the man with his jade eyes and unnatural skin color, was something unlike Alsa had ever seen before--- why was he not surprised? Well, after all, there was an elf with him. A mythological elf, from thousands of years ago, with realistic stories that seemed as if they had come out of fictional books. So he had gotten used to unnatural people.

[color=red]"Why are you tapping?"[/color] He asked the curious person.

[color=#000000]It was another dark night. Kaname Gedozurai remained in his fortified lab, watching over the very comet that he was just about to launch an expedition on. His whole dream of researching the beautiful comet and making amazing discoveries was in ruin... and it was all because of a war that [i]never[/i] should've came to be. One that was sparked by a Vampire Lord that was no longer deserving of his throne. Only one name was of Kaname's mind: Elnaer von Mira.[/color]

[color=#008080]"[i]Damn[/i] that fool..." [/color][color=#000000]Kaname muttered, as he finally turned away from the comet looming overhead. Now, he had turned to something [i]else[/i], a glass tank filled with water, were another, completely [i]different[/i] being had rested, lying flat on her stomach. This was Shanna Keynes, an artificially constructed "mermaid" that was the result of Kaname's human experimentation. As she rested, her eyes remained half open, and tears began to leak out. She murmured something that was hardly intelligible, but nonetheless, Kaname elegantly glided a hand along Shanna's back. This seemed to cause Shanna's eyes to light up, just as she felt the warm presence.[/color]

[color=#008080]"You may wake now, Keynes,"[/color][color=#000000] Kaname instructed, Shanna breathing a sigh of relief as he said this. However, she remained silent and acted no further... for the moment.[/color]

The darkness was overwhelming. A horrible, shadowy darkness that descended like a mist enshrouding both the body and the mind, driving all who witnessed it to insanity. The shadows grew and stretched, until they were almost one with the world, and all light would be driven out. The overwhelming darkness. It was not even like a forest darkness. A natural, kind darkness, which although held many terrors, also held many boons. This was a horrible, artificial darkness. A darkness unnatural by any standards.

Feredir opened his eyes suddenly, an action that would be his only betrayal of alarm as his [i]húmë[/i], a meditation period which replaced sleep ended abrubtly. The visions he could remember were blurry at best, but they remained unfamiliar, as if he was not viewing his own mind. It was not incredibly uncommon, he could occasionally entered the mind of a passing bird or squirrel when in his [i]húmë[/i]; back in the old days at any rate. But this was different. This was no animal, and it was far too foggy and unseeable. It was as if he was viewing the darkness of the last days. The end of that eternal war.

Feredir sighed and shook his head, placing both palms face down on the floor. In a simple, graceful movement he was up on his feet, brushing the dust of the floor off of his clothing. He closed his eyes for a minute and took many deep breaths, as if still meditating, and refreshed himself. [i]This air is not clean.[/i] He muttered, walking around the room for a moment. It was not long before he was out of energy, and so he placed himself upon his bed, tired from merely walking. The air was foul, he was still weak from his hibernation, and the usual, natural magic in the air was tainted, and a terrible feeling of darkness and loss fell upon him, almost crushing him. It brought up memories of his family and his old life, the time when he was not the last. He didn't react to them, save for a single droplet of water sliding down the side of his face.

He sighed and tuned his ears in to the rest of the cells. Sure enough, there was despair and hopelessness everywhere. And there was also Alsa, reciting his 'old' stories, stories that had developed in the last 3000 years. [i]So much have I missed. The world is not as it once was.[/i] Feredir mused, slightly depressed at the thought. He listened to the story, intrigued by the actions of the Protagonist, and the motives of the Antagonist. It was just getting up to the climax, a torn choice for the protagonist in which he would lose something he loved forever, when Alsa stopped. The reason was obvious immediately, for the sound of tapping soon travelled to Feredir's ears. It seemed unimportant, so he didn't move from his spot, but his pointed ears still listened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

((Adrian's PoV coming soon))

"Maria.."

In one dark room of the castle, Maria Sancran worked furiously over blueprints and poured over documentation. Sitting in her chair, scrawling notes on one scrap of paper, only to have it fly off her table once she moved to another item of interest.

"Maria..."

She then turned to the side and picked up a small sphere, wrapped in cloth. It was set in a careful apparatus, designed to protect it from shocks and impact. Next to it was a stack of wood a foot tall. After dropping it a few times from her seat onto the wood stack, nothing had seemed to happen. Instead, Maria stood up and placed a tall metal tube around the wood stack, and then dropped the sphere.

"Maria!"

"Wha... what?"

Maria turned around to see her boss, the one in charge of the acid cannon project. "Maria, we need your modifications on the acid rounds design now," he said looking smug. "We may be rolling out the weapon soon."

"Oh, that," she replied, a little cranky that she was brought back to reality. Her face looked... unkempt, and she seemed tired. "Here," she said, handing him a sheet of paper from the table. "It's pretty much fine as is, but that should make it a little lighter at least."

"...lighter?"

"Yeah, lighter. For transport." Maria peered into the metal tube. The acid ate through most of the wood and started to damage the metal tubing as well. "Now, excuse me... I need a drink," Maria said as she left the room that was pretty much her office.

[color=#ffff00]HEEEELLLPPP[/color] screamed a woman in armor running for her dear life but before anyone could assist her a black hand came and grabbed her by the hair and yanked her back.

[color=#ff8c00]WHERE IS YOUR PRIDE AS A WOMAN!!![/color] said Clarice viciously [s]beating[/s] [s]savagely murdering[/s] training a bunch of new female recruits for the resistance. She had this frightened maiden by the hair and Clarice forced this girl to make eye contact. The girl stunk of fear. Clarice punched her in the face and let the girl hit the floor crying. As Clarice turned around the other girls were coming at her ten against one but Clarice was nowhere near impressed. One girl got up close and tried a downward slash with her sword. [color=#ff8c00]WEAKNESS!![/color] Clarice grabbed the girls arm mid swing and proceeded to deliver punch after punch to the girls mouth knocking out teeth and fracturing the jaw. This continued until another unfortunate soul stepped forward this time trying to take advantage of the current distraction and deliver a mighty spear thrust. Clarice was already aware of this women without the aid of magic. These rookies didn't even know how to properly move in armor yet. Clarice Just glared at this women like death was imminent and did a spin move dodging the thrust but also gave her enough time to grab it. The new spear girl would have soiled herself if Clarice gave her enough time. A quick jab to the neck put this one down.

[color=#ff8c00]AND YOU CALL YOURSELVES WOMEN!! I'VE FOUGHT SCHOOL CHILDREN WITH MORE SPINE THAN THIS!![/color] Clarice bellowed for some reason she always felt the need to speak at a decibel 12 when training the noobs. The remaining combatants decided it would be best to try combo techniques against the infamous Black Lightning. Four of the girls aimed crossbows and used magic to ignite them and fired volleys at Clarice. She took this as an assault on her honor the only thing that could have been worse was if a man had done it. One of the girls blinked while firing but when her eyelids lifted she still saw darkness. She fixed her gaze and realized her face was sandwiched in between Clarice's large voluptuous breast. [color=#ff8c00]"Do not marvel at my breast you are not even worthy enough to breathe on my nipples. Maggot"[/color] The other girls were slightly scared as they didn't see her dodge the arrows but still it happened. Clarice grabbed the girls head and simply threw her into one of her teammates [color=#ff8c00]"RAAWWWRR" [/color]With a mighty roar she roundhouse kicked both girls simultaneously disposing of both. She then turned to the other two and and as one tried to ready her bow Clarice was already centimeters from her face. The girl was stabbed through her armor with a mighty sharp dagger. Clarice knew to miss all of the vitals but the girl still passed out on the spot. The fourth archer had simple frozen in fear. She stared at Clarice looming over the unconscious body with a bloody dagger as if a beast had just killed its meal and was now about to feast. Clarice looked up and made eye contact with archer #4 and a wave of murderous intent wafted over the innocent to where her heart could have almost stopped beating. The girl looked at Clarice and saw death...literally she saw the grim reaper loom over Clarice's head leading with his hand out inviting this unfortunate one to the afterlife. Of course this is just the fear working but as soon as Clarice took one step the girl fainted.

[color=#ff8c00]WHAT? YOU LOT INTEND TO HAVE CHILDREN!! YOU INTEND TO AID IN THE REVOLUTION!! [/color]Clarice clearly underwhelmed looked at the final three girls. They were shaking, they were frightened, they were new. Off in the corner separated by a wooden fence were some serious monstrous looking figures these [s]men[/s] women were ladies who survived Clarices black lighting training camp. They simply laughed for the girls were actually getting off easy compared to what they went through. Clarice not wanting to even give these girls the honor of making her burn more calories waved her hand high and black ripples covered the sky for these combatants. Suddenly swords of various shapes and sizes rained down upon them. The girls didn't stand a chance they were instantly defeated...not killed defeated. Clarice so disgusted turned around looking at the camp and saw John in the distance.

[color=#ff8c00]"JOHN!!! WHY YOU BRINGING ME CHILDREN? COULDN'T FIND ANY WOMEN IN TOWN? OR YOU JUST SCARED WE GON' OUT SHINE THE BOYS?!?!?!"[/color] She looked back at the filth on the ground at her feet there moans could have blanketed the training camp with their patheticness. [color=#ff8c00]"Clean yourselves up, you disgust me." [/color]She said walking away while simple stepping on which ever girl was in her path. Their weakness was contagious she had to leave before she got infected.

John, while patrolling, sighed and ran over to them. "Clarice, while your efforts may be effective in improving their combat strength, isn't it severely damaging their morale...?" He pointed out, defending the beaten girls. "Besides, there aren't a whole lot of female fighters around. These girls are inexperienced, even more so than the boys, and they were brave to come here despite that. You have to at least be a little kinder and respect that, show a little mercy..."

He sighed again. Clarice had always been like this. They had crossed paths a couple of times before the Vampire Lord Elnaer had declared war on them all, and she never ceased to flabbergast him. She was totally unlike a woman, and in a way he should be relieved that his spy Shanna had stayed behind, instead of being forced to face her.

Although at the same time, he worried for her safety. She had infiltrated Nuevida...and disappeared. She hadn't reported back in months. In a way, she was one of the reasons why John had decided to organize this last stand, the other being the obvious - mankind was facing extinction. But he knew she was safe. She was a resourceful woman, and he doubted she'd let herself get killed.

"Well, in a way, she's right." He admitted to the girls, still moaning on the ground. He helped them up one by one with his hands. "Nuevida's infiltration is tonight, and right now you all won't stand a chance against a vampire. Clarice trains your physical strength, but perhaps you can work on magic attacks in your free time...." [i]Females don't have the physical bodies for such a thing, and I fear for their personal lives as well as snity after this is all over...[/i]

Then he walked away again, to continue patrolling the camp, checking up on everyone.

-----------------------------

Alsa noticed Feredir have difficulty with the air. It was only natural, as they had grown used to a pure world, one unaffected by the smokes of flames and darkness of despair. But there was unfortunately nothing he could do for his timelost elven friend, at the moment at least.

Lyon just turned back around and ignored John, only acknowleding his presence with the slightest of nods. Looking towards the trainees, he called them to finish firing the attack they were on, and turn to look at him. Once they had all done so, he finally addressed them. "Okay everyone, you know that we're planning on infiltrating Nuevida tonight, I suggest you guys take a break beforehand, and have a bit to eat. You guys are as ready as I can get you, so all that remains is for you guys to recover your strength ready for the battle that is sure to follow. Our intentions may be to sneak into Nuevida and take out only Lord Elnaer, but the most likely event to happen is that someone will notice us sneaking in and try to raise the alarm to stop us. Essentially, I want you all focussed and concentrating on your respective missions, and if you can, do try and make it out of there alive. I would prefer all eight of you to make it out in one piece, but in situations like this, the odds are very much against all of you surviving. Rest up, and prepare yourselves, dismissed." With his class leaving to get ready for the night, Lyon wandered back into the camp, and sighing when he came across the sight of Clarissa tormenting another batch of recruits. "You're doing this again Clarissa, I thought you would have gotten over your habit of bringing every new recruit to the edge of death at the start of their training."

The smell of blood was a good smell - nay, a great smell. The smell of freshly spilt blood, specifically human; it's heaven for the senses. The taste of iron tingles on your tongue; the sight of it, dancing around like wine makes your mouth water. And that glorious, wonderous smell. Nothing could compare! Well, a few things could, just. A roasting human was always a nice smell. The smell of death and Decay, they were great. The smell of the fear and pure terror you inspire in your victims: Magnificent! And the best thing was, it was all right there.

Adrian grinned like a madman as he leant back on his wooden chair, leaving it to balance with its two forelegs floating off the ground. In his hand he held a beautifully clear glass of red liquid, one that sloshed around beautifully as he moved his hand back and forth, his glinting purple eyes gazing intently into the glass, eying the delicious drink. On the basic wooden table at his side lay an entire bottle of the stuff, though the Vampire had more class than that. At least, inside the city he did.

He chuckled and lifted the Glass up to the window of his Office, the rising moon leaving an odd reflection in the liquid. It seemed distorted and chaotic, and was painted a bloody red. For that was what the drink was. Blood. Human blood, to be exact. Kept fresh through forbidden means, and stored safely and hidden. He smiled and lifted the cup to his lips, smelling the drink first before he put it to his lips. He was about to drink, content with his lot at the moment, when his ears picked something up. An annoying tapping, coming from his doorway. He snarled and placed the glass back onto the table, setting his chair to all four legs once again.

He walked to the door, about to open the wooden entrance, before turning his head to a set of hooks behind it, grabbing the first of the 5 katana that hung there, beautiful in the moonlight. He grinned and calmed himself, placing his usual crazed grin on his face, though the malice in his eyes remained. He did not attach the Katana sheath to him, instead merely carrying it in his left hand, hilt forward. He opened the door slowly, stepped outside, and closed it calmly behind him, turning around to face the door so as to hear but not see the pathetic lifeforms that scurried around in this hall.

For he was the Head of the Prison guards; a feared role played by an ever more fearsome man. The cruelty and disdain that lay in Adrian Shallowvow's eyes pressed fear into even the other Captians of Nuevida, and broke the minds of most humans within minutes. His view of these - for want of a worse word - Vermin was disgust. Disdain for this lower life form that thought it could even compare to us. The marvellous Beings of the Shadows. The descendants of the Dark Elves, or so he imagined. The majesty of his race was magnificent. The structures they built and the knowledged they amassed; no human could even think of competing. They were primitive, worthy only as play toys and farm animals. They provided Delicious blood, and that was all.

He turned and started to walk down the aisle, looking in each cell as he passed to check for the source, though he knew it was further on still. After every few cells he passed, one pathetic life form would reach out its hand, hoping for salvation. It never withdrew the hand, instead watching it fall to the floor in a single flash, the sword barely even visible as it rended the limb from its owner. "Pathetic rats." Adrian spat, his grin fading slightly.

He approached a large metal door, bigger even than that of his own office, and more heavily secured. He pressed his sword to the lock, and by some magic bestowed by the Lord himself, the door moved inwards, and shut as Adrian passed. He took each step slowly, letting his boot heel hit the stair with a loud 'Thud' and letting the noise echo before talking another step. As he got to the floor he chuckled and lifted his sword to his side, rattling the sheath against the cell bars as he passed. "Who..." He started, hitting a prisoner with the point of his sheath as said prisoner stood. "...Is making that...." The footsteps got closer, every breath audible to the prisoners at the end, the most dangerous. "....Infernal racket? You?" Adrian stated, as he stopped in front of the cell that contained the Iron Dragon, a creature that was Hideous externally, but held little of Adrian's internal horrors.

The Vampire grinned a maniacal grin, the grin of a serial killer before his disembowels his victims. He did not turn to face Alsa von Mira, the 'Dead' prince, nor did he move along to the Cells next to them, against the walls of this darkest corner. One containing the Elf and one seemingly empty. This area was the darkest in the prison. No windows were down these stairs, and the only candles were next to the entrance. As such, it would be nearly impossible for a normal Human to see. But none of these here were humans. No-where close.

"You interupted my drink, rust bucket. You want to apologize?" Adrian asked, politely, though his eyes revealled horrible thoughts and torture methods danced in his mind.

[color=#ff8c00]"Blah blah blah typical women are inferior garbage that got these pansies...[/color]pointing to the girls as they limp away[color=#ff8c00]...the way they are now. Meek little mouse creatures. YES GO LEARN MAGIC LADIES MAYBE THEY'LL TEACH YOU SOME CLEANING SPELLS!![/color] she yelled at the girls. She turned around and saw her last four recruits and she nodded. They understood that meant go give the noobs a pep talk. Anywho back to captain fire crotch and his need to save the day. [color=#ff8c00]Are you trying say these ladies can't handle pain? Do you know what child birth is? Here...[/color]she opens up one of her storage ripples and out comes a mase[color=#ff8c00]...lets stick this up your behind and watch you try to void it out. So worried about everything, worry about your men. They look like walking blood cans, nice and preserved for vampire feeding. These ovarian embarrassments over here moved with more tact and skill." [/color]She turned around in defiance annoyed at John's intrusion, though she did respect him, he is the leader of the resistance and he did amass this paltry force to take on more physically fit enemies he can't be blamed for that. What truly annoyed her was that he was one of the people she could never actually defeat in combat. No matter how fast she was or what weapons she wielded she couldn't get past his fire defense. Simply aggravating.

[i]" You're doing this again Clarissa, I thought you would have gotten over your habit of bringing every new recruit to the edge of death at the start of their training." ....."You're doing this again Clarissa,"...."...[b]CLARISSA[/b]..." [/i]She knew this voice this condescending man-o-centric superiority driven voice it was the Vampire..his name unimportant. For some odd reason he decides to speak when not spoken too...but to call out the wrong name, in public, it would have safer to eat one the other rookies. Like lighting she appeared in front of Lyon's face staring him in the eye and she said slowly so he can make out every word. "[color=#ff8c00]I will eat your babies."[/color] She stopped there and turned vigorously, her afro hitting him in the face and walked forward addressing the camp. [color=#ff8c00]"Listen all I am CLARICE BLACKWELL the Black Lightning a STRONG PROUD BLACK WOMEN and you better engrave that into your heads whether you be man, women, child, or vampire. RAWWWRR[/color]" she flung her mace and it went half way through a tree, it didn't fell the tree but still somewhat impressive for a human. [color=#ff8c00]"You women[/color], pointing to the noobs, [color=#ff8c00]learn your magic quickly we have work to do."[/color] She went off to find something to smash and release all this anger.

Niasa fiddled with the frill at the end of her dress while she read a book on the elements that led to the first Human-Vampire war. She heard a tapping which startled her and caused to look up from her book, seeing that no one was in the library she listened again. [i]Tap, tap, tap. [/i]

[i]"[/i]What could that be," Niasa wondered to herself the tapping continued the more she listened the more she noticed the sound seemed to be coming from bellow her. Niasa went to one of the shelves and grabbed an older book.

"Just as I thought there's not supposed to be anything below me,"she said looking at the castle scematics,"I'll have to discuss this with Elnear," Niasa proceeded to walk to the throne room where she presumed her brother would be.

Niasa reached the door and knocked waiting for answer,"Elnear it's me Niasa."

[color=darkred]"Yes, [i]sister?"[/i][/color] Her brother called out, having halted his maniacal laugh. [color=darkred]"Come in."[/color]

Placing the glass filled with human blood into a secret compartment within his golden throne, he watched as she entered the room. What was the point in having a sister? To him, she was no different from their younger brother Alsa von Mira, however she did have her own uses, uses that he simply couldn't pretend were absent. She had a slim body worthy of a sister of his, worthy of the royal Mira family, no doubt one that others drooled and yearned for. Elnaer himself didn't usually concern himself with such trivial matters, but perhaps once all the humans had been exterminated, there may be a necessity to keep the royal blood as pure as pure...

Even so, the so-called death of Alsa by the hands of the humans was the only thing that drove her, and he knew her usefulness would be lost the moment she found out about her [i]precious[/i] younger brother.

[color=darkred]"Yes?"[/color] He asked his sister.

"I heard a tapping coming from beneath the library but the are no chambers beneath the library, what is happening Elnear you must investigate what if the humans are tunneling beneath the castle, they could be infiltrating our borders from right under our noses, and we wouldn't have a clue, I believe we should send a search party to that location or I could at least use a shadow avatar to check, you know how nervous this gets me, especially after what happened to Alsa, they could kill us Elnear, that wouldn't do anyone any good. I'm summoning the guards, and I'm using a shadow avatar," Niasa went on this rant without even asking for her brothers opinion

[b][color=darkred]"NO."[/color][/b] Lord Elnaer's voice echoed, with an unusually aggressive tone to it. He stood up from his throne. [b][color=darkred]"You are not going to use your shadow avatar, do you understand?"[/color][/b]

Then he sat back and laughed a bit, amused at his sister's constant ranting on and on. [color=darkred]"It will only be a waste of energy, and for the humans to reach whatever underground tunnel, they would have to infiltrate Nuevida first. Even so, I shall look into this 'tapping' and send a few guards to check it out. There is no need for you to waste your energy, dear [i]sister.[/i]"[/color] He clarified. [color=darkred]"Everything is under control."[/color]

[i]Something is very wrong here he is never that aggressive with me, what is happening here [/i]Niasa thought beginning to become suspicous.

"Oh dear brother what seems to be bothering you, here let me relax you,"Niasa walked up to Elnear and began to rub his shoulders in a message,"what troubles you dear brother maybe I can ease this pain of yours, why don't I use a shadow avatar speak to the humans in their camp, let them know that your power increases day by day, and that soon you will be unstopable, that they should give up there futile efforts and turn themselves in for execution." Niasa said this with a sweet tone looking kindly onto her brother.

The Vampire Lord let his sister massage him, letting him relax a bit. He grinned, having successfully thrown his sister off the track.

[color=darkred]"...So, you know where their camp is? Those idiotic scouts never gave a successful report..."[/color] He murmured, and looked at his sister, not in a way a brother looks at his sister but in a way that a male looks at a female. [color=darkred]"Why not? Send the avatar to the camp. Let them suffer in fear, and agony. Within less than a week, everything, [b]everything[/b] will be over and all their efforts shall be rendered pointless."[/color]

He laughed again at the thought. It was pointless to send his sister's shadow avatar, but then again, so was everything. With aid from the scientist Kaname and the locked-up elf...theoretically, all humans should then be exterminated. Without thinking, he almost reached out for the secret compartment within his throne, the one that contained that illegal glass of human blood - [i]almost[/i]. And hopefully his sister hadn't noticed that.

Luis was bored out of his mind, being in a dark prison there is not much to do.He would just lean on the wall and listen to stories told by Alsa. Luis was one of the few humans still remaining in the prison. All humans that would enter were of no use for the vampires, so they were executed within days or their arrival. Lucky for him, the war would bring a constant flow of new prisoners, and somehow he kept being skipped for the execution. Maybe this was do to Luis not standing out much to the vampires, well at least while they were checking the prison. Luis would always sit at the darkest corner, not saying anything when the prison guards were around. Either his strategy of not standing out worked, or the prison guards had forgotten about him. Either way he was alive ans it seem that he was going to stay alive.

Too bad that was soon going to change. [i]"If I plan to end this war, i need to escape." [/i]Luis thought to himself. [i]"Although i usually don't prefer violence that seems to be the only way to escape this place."[/i] By this time the Prison Head, Adrian came around. Like always it was to abuse his power over the prisoners. He began to talk to a prisoner at the darkest part of the prison, Luis of course didn't know who, but he knew this would be his chance to escape. "Leave him be-" Luis mumbled loud enough for Adrian to hear. "There's nothing else to do here."

Iron Dragon lifted his head to gaze upon the prince of the race he so despised standing before him, though of course he did not know that the man was a prince at all. He did not know why the man was imprisoned with him, but that did not matter. All that mattered was that they were brothers in bonds now. He did not answer immediately, but waited until he was certain that the Elf had caught the sound of his tapping and was listening, as was the nature of the curious beings inhabiting Lath.

[color=#696969]"I am tapping to gather attention," [/color]the male began, his voice not even the slightest bit mechanical despite that he was far from a natural being. [color=#696969]"And it seems I have succeeded in that. As to why I desire attention, I no longer wish to be in this hole and want to escape. However, to reach where these beasts have stored my armor I will need assistance and that armor is not something I will leave behind. Getting the door open should not be a problem for me, but I will need help getting to that armor and odds are they keep all the prisoner's belongings in the same place. Helping me to that place would help you recover your belongings as well." [/color]

The male sat there and waited as the few other prisoners in that darkest and most dangerous of cells made their comments about the impossibility of the suggested task. He didn't need any of them to believe he could do it, just to agree that they would help him when he actually set to the task of breaking out of the hellhole he found himself in. It was then that the sounds of screams of pain reached the cell and all fell silent within it, as the cries heralded the coming of the jail's keeper. He returned to his silence and continued his tapping despite the fear that had fallen over those there. His hatred of this [i]Adrian Shadowvow [/i]was more than sufficient to cover over any of the fear that might have been inspired. As the door opened and closed, and the head of the prison guard approached him there in the cell, he waited until he was standing right before him. It was then that Iron Dragon rose to his feet, standing perhaps an inch or two taller than the vampire before him. Regardless, his green-glass eyes met the vampire's perfectly in a steady gaze. Of course then one of the other prisoners spoke up in defense of him. He was more than happy to be shown some form of support, but now things were about to escalate and he needed to move very quickly.

[color=#696969]"I think that we both know the answer to that question."[/color] He spoke directly at the male and took in a deep breath after that. He wasn't sure whether the prison guard captain had been briefed on his abilities, but his intentions were to make him aware then and now. Without further warning, he exhaled sharply and sent a blast of aerated acidic liquid into the air directly towards the vampire. Though this acid was perhaps not strong enough to eat through armor, organic matter exposed to it would be very violently effected.

Clarice made her way back to camp, clearly miscellaneous acts of destruction were the perfect way to calm her down. Though she did have a moment of reflection maybe her method of training was too tough. But that wasn't likely besides they are up against vampires and vampires will not hold back like she did today. Using about ten percent of her actual fighting prowess, well until that last part with the sword rain, was more than any fresh off the wagon recruit could handle. At the same time she also did the same to some of the male recruits before John took that over (due to the fact that she has a bad tendency to go for castration) and the women acted with more strategy by comparison. Taking advantage of distractions and combination attacks.

[color=#ff8c00]Hmm maybe there is hope for these young ladies after all. Splitting them up in squads would be a great idea, hahaha it will be the women that take control of this war. [/color]

She scoffed triumphantly even though no one was around to hear her brilliance. The thought was simple team combat training also known as the path to victory.

[color=red]"Eh-"[/color] The young 'dead' prince took a moment to process the latest prisoner's sudden determination and bravery, standing in front of that dreaded Adrian without fear. It was a foolish thing to do, bound to end in failure, but Alsa decided to help him regardless. He also noticed Luis speak, someone who was really easy to forget for some odd reason he couldn't figure out. This had become especially blatant when the prison head had forgotten completely about the human, failing to acknowledge him like the other three that occupied the darkened prison.

[color=red]"Help, huh...?"[/color]

Although the prince couldn't do anything for use in combat, he formed a small energy ball which he let float into the air as a lamp, shedding much clearer light into it.

[i]What an odd jsture[/i] Niasa thought as her brother made an odd movement with his wrist not thinking of it though she put herself into the trance like state focused on the shadows near the humans camp. Finding one theat was suitable she personified a portion fo her spirit within causing it to take her form. Niasa proceeded in to the human camp.

"Humans give up this futile attempt to try to kill my brother ,Lord Elnear, it is useless,"Niasa began she faced a man in golden armor John Alexander leader of the human resistance, he was famous in Nuevedia, to Elnear though her voice would sound disembodied she was totally unaware of her surroundings in the castle as her concousness was put into this avatar,"The Phoenix, ha you expect to lead these people into battle."Niasa scoffed and looked around the camp,"your second-in-command is a disgraced vampire,"Niasa hid the utter disdain in her voice for that man he did not deserve to live,"you lead less than a hundred soldiers and some are unfit for battle or so young or both and you expect to beat Elnear, what a foolish venture, you have been warned humans any attacks on Nuevedia will be delt with harshly and you will all be tortured very painfully," with that Niasa melted into a pile of shadows and returned to the castle.

"It is done my lord,"Niasa exited his cahmbers and prceeded to return to the library.

Glân had been walking for the past three days. [color=#ffd700]"[i]Damn it, I should have bought more while I was in town, why didn't you plan for this Glân?[/i] [i]What is wrong with you, thanks to you we could die.[/i][/color][color=#8b4513] But Glân why are you blaming me, we could have bought more food however you would have been complaining about how heavy it was. [/color][color=#ffd700][i]True but you still should have warned me about the need for more materials for the trip.[/i][/color][color=#8b4513] Do not worry too much Glân, I am sure we can find a merchant on this road. It is a very well traveled road and I know we can buy stuff off of them. [/color][color=#ffd700][i]Or... [/i][/color][color=#8b4513]Or what? [/color][color=#ffd700][i]Or we could steal it, that will be easier.[/i][/color][color=#8b4513] What? Steal? Glân don't you dare think about that, we cannot steal from innocent people, that goes against everything our father taught us. [/color][color=#ffd700][i]Damn you Glân we need food and water... or the blood of a human..."[/i][/color] Glân's right eye turned narrow at the thought. [color=#8b4513]"No, you and I both know that drinking a human dry will not serve our purposes, it will just make us thirstier. No we will find a merchant and..."[/color] Glân stopped talking when he noticed a small town ahead of him. [color=#ffd700][i]"Haha, looks like we wont need to buy anything from a merchant anyways. Let's go and rest in this town.[/i][/color][color=#8b4513] Yes that sounds like a good, and rational, idea."[/color] Glân walked towards the small town in hopes of finding a small inn that he could stay at.

Archived