TGU Gravekeeper (Sept 2012)

RyanAtlus

TGU is for what, toolboxing? Or Sangan search? Or both? Either way, it seems to add to monster count. Also consider running 1 Night Assailant. If you dump it with Tribute you can pick up a Spy, and it's a second TGU target.

Also, I like 1 Starlight and 1 Bribe over 2 Revolution, but that's personal preference.

[quote name='b0b3rt' timestamp='1345472064' post='6011499']
TGU is for what, toolboxing? Or Sangan search? Or both? Either way, it seems to add to monster count. Also consider running 1 Night Assailant. If you dump it with Tribute you can pick up a Spy, and it's a second TGU target.
[/quote]

TGU provides an instant Zenmaines, which is a big plus in a control-based Deck running only a few monsters.
The problem with Night Assailant is that his effect moves a card in the Graveyard to another zone, and that Royal Tribute can only be activated while Necrovalley is on the field. I've considered this myself though.

[quote name='b0b3rt' timestamp='1345472064' post='6011499']
Also, I like 1 Starlight and 1 Bribe over 2 Revolution, but that's personal preference.
[/quote]

I like my Revolutions, they can prevent Mirror Force, Torrential, Dark Hole, Storm, Scrap Dragon, Gyzarius and others. I do aggree that Dark Bribe is more generic.

Necrovalley is key to the deck, but Descendant can function at 2. If you don't open Valley you lose your advantage. Descendant is searchable with Recruiter and Spy (a play you WILL make) and it reuseable via Stele. Commandant is a must at three while Descendant is useable at either three or two. Anyone who doesn't understand that probably doesn't understand the deck.

Sorry, you're just wrong. You can grab both with Stele and you don't really want to be searching out Descendant with Recruiter - you should be grabbing it with Spy and saccing Recruiter for Descendant's effect to +1. Descendant is your only way to get rid of big beaters that you can't run over.

[quote name='βyakk' timestamp='1346093976' post='6014046']
playing over 40 sucks if you're playing Tribute, since you want to have the highest chances of opening it
[/quote]

I wouldn't mind negging something if you suggest something.
Theoretically, the chance of not opening with Tribute decreases by les than 1% by running an extra card.
And tbh, Tribute is more oof a Side card next format imo.

Archived