I. Keep the spamming down, don’t make the section worse.
II. Don’t flame other members. Report trouble-makers, reacting to their baits usually makes things worse.
III. No inappropriate content.
IV. All the other rules that count for the whole site (no double-accounting, no bumping of inactive old threads, etc.).
Since spam and bad posts are the most frequently mentioned issues in this section, I don’t want to pull down a words limit or something like that. It's a conscience thing really: If you think this post you made is bad or completely unneeded, then it probably is. See if you can't add some more information, like telling us why you brought something up. Don't just post a video, or a picture and a word, and the likes because those are considered spam.
As for how I will proceed, there are only a few things to keep in mind:
- Every club needs a topic/something to be based on. We're not really concerned about what that topic is, as long as you have one and it's forum-appropriate. Threads that don't have anything to talk about will obviously be locked.
- Clubs that have become spammy: The member(s) in question will be warned. Possibly a one-day lock if the case requires it.
- Clubs that have completely lost sight of their original concept and are just random banter now: 1) Those will be locked for a day or more. 2) If there is no improvement, the thread will be locked permanently or alternatively moved to the Games section if they wish so. Some people have suggested a move over staying locked, but I'm still testing to see how this works out.
- Clubs that have turned into chaos for any reason other than spam (like being a flamefest or filled with inappropriate content) will be locked.
So much about the rules, now unto frequent questions and guidelines
- Opening posts: A club usually has a leader and the first post should lay down the organisation of the thread (like members, structure, important information). How you organise yourself is up to you. If you're unsure, feel free to ask or look at the currently active clubs.
- If my topic is Yugioh, do I have to stick with it all the time and can't I talk about anything else? No, you don't need to stick with your original topic at any time, but yes, it should stay somewhat relevant. Discussions come up spontaneously, especially in large threads, and expecting people to only stick with one thing would be silly. Just make sure that the original topic doesn't get overturned by the other stuff and that it still remains the backbone of the club.
- What about general clubs whose main purpose is to meet friends? When they started showing up, it seemed like a decent idea. As long as there are still discussions going on, I don't mind them, but any concept tends to become boring when it's overdone. There are 2 active clubs of that type; see if you can't join one of them before thinking about starting a new one. For reference about what topics are currently the most used, there's the club index.
- My club was locked (or moved), is it gone forever? Unless a mod says so, you can generally start anew and make an improved version of the locked club in Clubs & Organisations, provided that the new version isn't just like the old one. Unless I said you can't, but I don't expect this to happen too often.
Feel free to send any questions if you're unsure about anything.