The Nuzlocke Nook - A Pokémon Club based on Nuzlockes

CinnamonStar

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

bumping this

I haven't done anything Nuzlocke-ish lately. My interest has decreased, but it might be back at some point (especially when school is over).

Also ditched the one on Manly Pink because even though it was fun, it's probably...hard level.D:

So I have an account on Pokémon Showdown and finally figured out how to run a tournament there as well, so we could set a date sometime and hold one if people are interested.

I recently finished the Joey Challenge:

k3f8qbO.jpg -> HmgMheu.jpg

Yeah, I named my rival Kaiba *is gunned down*

- Lorelei was simple, didn't have much of a strategy other than using Thunderbolt on her Water/Ice types and using Shadow Ball on the rest.

- Against Bruno, I started off using an X Attack so that Rattata's Shadow Ball can kill the level 54 Onix after it had been Super Fang'd, his fighting pokemon went down to Hyper Fangs.

- Against Agatha, I used a Guard Spec so that I was unaffected by Arbok's Intimidate, other than that, Shadow Ball on the ghosts, Thunderbolt on Golbat and Hyper Fang on Arbok

- Lance was the guy I previously had problems with (*cough*Dragonite*cough*). Gyarados went down to Thunderbolt. When Aerodactyl came out, I used an X Attack, then proceeded to kill him with Thunderbolt. It took a combination of Hyper Fangs and hitting itself with Confusion to kill Dragonite, but I had to use a couple of Full Restores as well. The Dragonairs died to a single Hyper Fang each.

- It took quite a bit of strategy to defeat my Rival though. Pidgeot died to a couple of Thunderbolts (at least it didn't use Featherdance). Alakazam was the simplest to kill. When Rhydon came out, I used an X attack and before I killed it, I used a Guard Spec. (The only problem was that my Speed was lowered). The reason why I used the Guard Spec was that I'd be facing Double Intimidate from Gyarados and Arcanine. Anyways Gyarados fell to a Thunderbolt, and then his problem pokemon, Arcanine came out. It took 20+ turns to kill that thing, no joke, it really did take more than 20 turns to kill that thing, basically since I was slower, I couldn't attack 2 turns in a row otherwise R.I.P Rattata, this is because Flamethrower took more than half my health so I had to keep healing so that all of its PP was drained (I got burned a couple of times as well), then I'd be free to kill it, but I also endured flinching 1 too many times. Once I had finally killed it, I went up against Venusaur. The good thing was that Venusaur's only attacking move took 2 turns to charge up so that I could heal then use the next 2 turns to try and kill it with Super Fang and Hyper Fang.

I've also started a Nuzlocke comic for Emerald. (I'll start posting them once I've done part 5, and I'm on part 4 atm.)

Actually, I started an Emerald Randomiser today during class.
Also, I am all for that tournament.

although i am absolutely terrible at competitive pokemon

lol... We can do a Random Battle tourney (which is balanced) or Challenge Cup, the completely random one.

I don't play competitive either, but Challenge Cup tends to go either way.xD

I recently finished the Joey Challenge:

k3f8qbO.jpg -> HmgMheu.jpg

Yeah, I named my rival Kaiba *is gunned down*

- Lorelei was simple, didn't have much of a strategy other than using Thunderbolt on her Water/Ice types and using Shadow Ball on the rest.

- Against Bruno, I started off using an X Attack so that Rattata's Shadow Ball can kill the level 54 Onix after it had been Super Fang'd, his fighting pokemon went down to Hyper Fangs.

- Against Agatha, I used a Guard Spec so that I was unaffected by Arbok's Intimidate, other than that, Shadow Ball on the ghosts, Thunderbolt on Golbat and Hyper Fang on Arbok

- Lance was the guy I previously had problems with (*cough*Dragonite*cough*). Gyarados went down to Thunderbolt. When Aerodactyl came out, I used an X Attack, then proceeded to kill him with Thunderbolt. It took a combination of Hyper Fangs and hitting itself with Confusion to kill Dragonite, but I had to use a couple of Full Restores as well. The Dragonairs died to a single Hyper Fang each.

- It took quite a bit of strategy to defeat my Rival though. Pidgeot died to a couple of Thunderbolts (at least it didn't use Featherdance). Alakazam was the simplest to kill. When Rhydon came out, I used an X attack and before I killed it, I used a Guard Spec. (The only problem was that my Speed was lowered). The reason why I used the Guard Spec was that I'd be facing Double Intimidate from Gyarados and Arcanine. Anyways Gyarados fell to a Thunderbolt, and then his problem pokemon, Arcanine came out. It took 20+ turns to kill that thing, no joke, it really did take more than 20 turns to kill that thing, basically since I was slower, I couldn't attack 2 turns in a row otherwise R.I.P Rattata, this is because Flamethrower took more than half my health so I had to keep healing so that all of its PP was drained (I got burned a couple of times as well), then I'd be free to kill it, but I also endured flinching 1 too many times. Once I had finally killed it, I went up against Venusaur. The good thing was that Venusaur's only attacking move took 2 turns to charge up so that I could heal then use the next 2 turns to try and kill it with Super Fang and Hyper Fang.

I've also started a Nuzlocke comic for Emerald. (I'll start posting them once I've done part 5, and I'm on part 4 atm.)

Good job.=o I will put it into the OP if you don't mind? As well as any other things people have finished.

Didn't know that it was possible to play something through with only a Super Fang/Hyper Fang/Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt Rattata.

And like I said, I'm not really interested into Nuzlockes right now, but a tournament might be good.

Good job.=o I will put it into the OP if you don't mind? As well as any other things people have finished.

Didn't know that it was possible to play something through with only a Super Fang/Hyper Fang/Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt Rattata.

Yeah, go ahead. I don't mind.

I didn't think it were possible either, but I kept on truckin' and won.

Username: Judge Frollo

Favourite Pokémon: Ariados

Favourite game: Pokemon Black 2 / White 2

Are you new to Nuzlockes / experience?: No, I'm currently doing a Pokemon Perfect Heart Wedlocke.

Sorry, accepted and welcome.

Yeah, go ahead. I don't mind.

I didn't think it were possible either, but I kept on truckin' and won.

Alright, we have a section for achivements and things people completed now.

Personally I've only done standard gen. 3 runs, lol.

Nice to see dis club is back up~

Tho I haven't played in a while, I have a nice HG Nuzlocke goin' on.

Kendal, Quilava
Douglas, Pidgeotto
Jerri, Raticate
Tes, Ampharos
Ringo, Graveler
Sherlock, Slowpoke

And I would love to be a part of this Pokemon Showdown tournament. :3

Username: Zextra
Favourite Pokémon: Milotic
Favourite game: Crystal
Are you new to Nuzlockes / how much experience do you have? I'm not new to the concept, but I'm quite new in terms of actually doing them. Currently, I'm attempting a Platinum Nuzlocke, which I'm doing better than I thought I would - granted, I got really lucky with my wild encounters early on (as you can see in my team below). I just got to Giratina, and so far, I haven't had any deaths yet, surprisingly...though some crits have given me heart attacks a couple of times...

As for my team as of this point (after defeating Cyrus) - please excuse my oh, so original nicknames :P

screenshot20130404at955.png

Nice to see dis club is back up~

Tho I haven't played in a while, I have a nice HG Nuzlocke goin' on.

Kendal, Quilava
Douglas, Pidgeotto
Jerri, Raticate
Tes, Ampharos
Ringo, Graveler
Sherlock, Slowpoke

And I would love to be a part of this Pokemon Showdown tournament. :3

Yep it is.:3

And noted. We can do it anytime except on this weekend because I'm away and any of the setups work. Challenge Cup/Random Battle give you random Pokémon while the rest let you use your own teams.

HG/SS is great for Nuzlockes. I remember having the Mareep or Geodude line everytime, lol.

Username: Zextra
Favourite Pokémon: Milotic
Favourite game: Crystal
Are you new to Nuzlockes / how much experience do you have? I'm not new to the concept, but I'm quite new in terms of actually doing them. Currently, I'm attempting a Platinum Nuzlocke, which I'm doing better than I thought I would - granted, I got really lucky with my wild encounters early on (as you can see in my team below). I just got to Giratina, and so far, I haven't had any deaths yet, surprisingly...though some crits have given me heart attacks a couple of times...

As for my team as of this point (after defeating Cyrus) - please excuse my oh, so original nicknames :P

screenshot20130404at955.png

Welcome.:3

Honestly, if you just got to Giratina without a death, you must be good.=o

Yep it is.:3

And noted. We can do it anytime except on this weekend because I'm away and any of the setups work. Challenge Cup/Random Battle give you random Pokémon while the rest let you use your own teams.

Understood. I myself hope we get to use created teams. ;3

I'm actually not worried even if a team member dies (though of course I hope they won't), since I've also been training backup/alternate team members:

screenshot20130405at101.png  screenshot20130405at101.png

Holy shiz, Zextra, your backup Pokemon are amazing. oAo

@British: Ooo, pretty cool so far~

Zextra, I can't see your back-ups unfortunately.

British Soul: lol, this is pretty funny so far. The battle place dude looks spot-on.xD Me gusta.

Hmm, strange. They are:

Slicex (Scyther) Lv.44

Toxica (Drapion) Lv.44

Fluttershy (Yanmega) Lv.44

Doomflare (Houndoom) Lv.45

Croakie (Toxicroak) Lv.44

Buttercup (Togetic) Lv.45

Cabbage (Tangrowth) Lv.44

Auriex (Lucario) Lv.45

@ BS - Agreed with Opal here; your drawing of Scott looks awesome :3

I need to get back into Nuzlocke's. Any particular one that you would recommend?

I wanted to get Scott done correctly. It took a bit of trial and error.

Part 3: "Your pokemon may be infected with the Pokerus"

8m9KPNe.jpg

lol'ed at the last part. DOES THAT MEAN MUDMAN DIED?!?!?!?!

Starting a random Nuzlocke, but on a hack. Pokemon Ruby Destiny: Reign of Legends. Chose a Torchic, turns out to be a female...honestly don't think I have ever had a female starter before. 

I like that hack :3

Hope you're lucky enough to get a Riolu.

Archived