CHAOS SEER OF DUSK ---- New for Chaos Deck

PrimeAceJohn

This is a new card I made for Archbaron Thor the Just's contest and sora1499's.

I did not find the picture myself, I am using Archbaron's.

I don't usually make singles because I usually like sets, but I still tried.

Not like the Title said, this card would be really be used for Chaos decks.

I think I perfected the effect but made its effect a bit OP'd so maybe it would be, (if it were to be real), limited for 1 or 2.

I hope you like it.

Of course I want you to give me your [b][u]RATES[/u][/b] (1/10 or 1-10), [u][b]THOUGHTS[/b][/u], and [u][b]SUGGESTIONS[/b][/u]

[img]http://i45.tinypic.com/xekg8i.jpg[/img]

EFFECT: [color=#000000][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]2 Level 5 DARK monsters[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]This card cannot be destroyed by the effects of LIGHT monsters. Once per turn, you can detach one 1 Xyz Material from this card to remove any number of LIGHT monsters from your graveyard; destroy spells/traps your opponent controls equal to the amount of LIGHT monsters removed from play by this effect. This card cannot attack the turn it uses its effect. During the End Phase in which this card's effect was activated, inflict 500 points of damage to your opponent for each spell/trap card destroyed this turn. When this card is sent to the graveyard, gain 100 LP for each DARK monster in your graveyard.[/size][/font][/color]

Type: [b][url="http://yugico.com/yugioh-cards/search?sst=m&"]Monster[/url][/b] Type I: [b][url="http://yugico.com/yugioh-cards/search?sst=m&st1=Effect&"]Effect[/url][/b] Monster Type: [b][url="http://yugico.com/yugioh-cards/search?sst=m&smt=Xyz&"]Xyz[/url][/b] Type II: [b][url="http://yugico.com/yugioh-cards/search?sst=m&st2=Spellcaster&"]Spellcaster[/url][/b] Attribute: [b][url="http://yugico.com/yugioh-cards/search?sst=m&sat=Dark&"]Dark[/url][/b] Rank: [b][url="http://yugico.com/yugioh-cards/search?sst=m&sll=5&"]5[/url][/b] Attack: [b][url="http://yugico.com/yugioh-cards/search?sst=m&"]2100[/url][/b] Defence: [b][url="http://yugico.com/yugioh-cards/search?sst=m&"]2800[/url][/b]

Again, PLEASE rate, give thought, and suggest.

Criticism is ACCEPTED.

Special thanks to Archbaron Thor The Just for letting me use his picture and allowing me to enter his contest and the Moderator for adding adjustments...

I like what you are doing by providing us with a recommended ban-list position - it makes the discussion and review of the card a lot simpler and puts its balance into perspective. Level fives are a lot more difficult to get out that their lower level counterparts, and this touch balances the card very well. Its effect for backrow clearing is fantastic, not to mention the small touch of a bit of burn. I would suggest removing its final clause, though. The returning of the Light monsters and the free draw is just a little too much. I don't think this card would need to be limited, even, if you removed the final effect.

Also, post your card properly, the image isn't showing.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion and I'll fix it as soon as possible.

Now that I think about it, that sending to the deck is kind of overpowered; I'll be doing some tuning up on the effect.

However, do you mean the actual picture of the card itself or is it just the artwork of the card not showing up? Because on my computer, it shows the card and everything perfectly...

The card itself is not showing up for me. Anyway, I do find this card OPed, just a smidge. The problem is, level 5s aren't as hard to get out as they let on. Interplanetarypurplythorny Dragon is a great example of this.

Of course, this requires DARK monsters, but you could still use The Tricky (a card) with Interplanetarypurplythorny Dragon and Xyz on the first move. This card could do a maximum of 3000 damage to the opponent, if he/she is dumb enough. But of course, the rest of it is okay. My advice is to lower the defence a bunch, so regular cards can still crush it, because 2800 is a whole lot of defence... Plus, you can blow up the opponent's back row, then while the opponent recovers the next move, you can attack. I think it's way to strong, because not only does it do all that, but it fuels certain cards that deal with card removal, so that not only does your opponent suffer, you get to set up an epic play for yourself.

[quote name='Randomflyingobjects' timestamp='1347320931' post='6022867']
The card itself is not showing up for me. Anyway, I do find this card OPed, just a smidge. The problem is, level 5s aren't as hard to get out as they let on. Interplanetarypurplythorny Dragon is a great example of this.

Of course, this requires DARK monsters, but you could still use The Tricky (a card) with Interplanetarypurplythorny Dragon and Xyz on the first move. This card could do a maximum of 3000 damage to the opponent, if he/she is dumb enough. But of course, the rest of it is okay. My advice is to lower the defence a bunch, so regular cards can still crush it, because 2800 is a whole lot of defence... Plus, you can blow up the opponent's back row, then while the opponent recovers the next move, you can attack. I think it's way to strong, because not only does it do all that, but it fuels certain cards that deal with card removal, so that not only does your opponent suffer, you get to set up an epic play for yourself.
[/quote]

Of course, That was the kinds of things I was worried about.

Therefore I wanted to make it limited like 1. But you were completely right and it should use some changing...

However, its effect won't be worth a lot if you're not running a light and dark deck.

It could come in really uselessly at times because this card isn't like BLS where you need a dark and light, this card needs both darks. What if you have no lights in your grave or what if you use its effect the very first turn, get rid of all your lights and destroy the back row? After that your going to need to put more lights in the grave or somehow mill it Lightsworn style to be able to use its effect. Who knows; maybe you'll use it one time and that after that its most likely will be destroyed. The only real damage this card can do is by using its effect. Usually the opponent would set at most 3 cards, use its effect, and only inflict 1500. Putting this card in attack mode is risky and is vulnerable to mirror force or something like that. Even after it uses its effect once and you'll most likely not have any lights left in the grave, mirror force would be ready to kick and immediately destroy it. Plus with cards used today, 2100 is nothing. I only made the defense high so it could stay on the field long enough yet not inflict damage to your opponent except by its effect...

also, your opponent can fool you the second time you use its effect and set down card they don't need yet still have solemn or mirror force in their hand or something then use it to destroy it...

But thanks a lot for the reply:)

I guess you're right... most of that is pretty valid. I say you should at least cut down his defence, and probably ditch the 'Draw 1 card' and 'Return all Banished LIGHT monsters to the deck' parts, because they make it sound a tad OPed. If the 'LIGHT' part is kept, you should change it to sending the cards back to the Graveyard, letting it all balance out.

[quote name='Randomflyingobjects' timestamp='1347327317' post='6022954']
I guess you're right... most of that is pretty valid. I say you should at least cut down his defence, and probably ditch the 'Draw 1 card' and 'Return all Banished LIGHT monsters to the deck' parts, because they make it sound a tad OPed. If the 'LIGHT' part is kept, you should change it to sending the cards back to the Graveyard, letting it all balance out.
[/quote]

[quote name='Mihails Tāls' timestamp='1347346915' post='6023118']
The IPPT Dragon/Tricky combo is extremely situational, though. You are not going to be likely to get this out easily, so I think taking out the final part of effect is enough to keep this card balanced.
[/quote]

For the final effect, I took out the sending all the Lights back to the deck and changed it. This time I made its final effect more for chaos cards. Because, usually, cards like 'Chaos Sorcerer' or 'BLS' or 'Lightpulsar' and so on have effects that apply for both light and dark. So I made its effect where you gain LP for every dark, and its a little minor effect so it won't be worth much when its destroyed...

The new card and effect is now showing.

Is the card still not showing up? It looks perfect to me...

[quote name='Randomflyingobjects' timestamp='1347366099' post='6023164']
Yes, I think that you really made it a better fit for a Chaos card, though the final effect is more of an extra, unnecessary part, but not as bad as the previous one.
[/quote]

Yeah, I know. I just wanted to add more of a chaos effect that deals with both dark and light. Usually, in a chaos deck, all your monsters in your graveyard would be removed from play and usually you would have what; 5-8 darks in the grave? So basically you would just gain like 800 LP or maybe even lower so I just added that for the Chaos gaining...

Archived