Photo

HFD & Raigeki

Is the Meta a Big boy now?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

D.A._Saitama-Onepunch Man

Having an Overwhelming Power is Boring as Hell!

• Gourmet Food
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,235 posts

Posted ImagePosted Image

If Heavy & DH were to be swapped for these, do you think the meta could handle it? Are these still to broken to be knocked up to limited?

I was hit to the moon and still unharmed
Super Move "Serious Series" - Serious Strike

3788023-mob+psycho+100.gif

mido9

mido9

Best Title goes here

• Food
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,374 posts
Why would you swap DH and heavy for more broken versions of them.

Why

ZKz3oWr.png

LoL: IllusoryLumines

Master Hyperion

Master Hyperion

<3

• Food
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,452 posts
Dark Hole and Heavy Storm are still staples because they blow up multiple cards by themselves.

What do YOU think what will happen when more powerful version of both Heavy Storm and Raigeki come back? :mellow:
Possibly the best Pokemon fan game that you will ever play:
http://www.fullscreenpokemon.com/
zlCfzSL08OMy-JegW6_zps3d8ffc22.jpg

Stan Alda

Stan Alda

Holy Toledo!

• Food
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
They destroy all cards without any sort of cost or harm to yourself. Sure, they're balanced and perfect for this meta.

stanaldasignature-2.jpg

Having an Overwhelming Power is Boring as Hell!

• Gourmet Food
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,235 posts
Well, now there's alot more destruction prevention. Unlike the old days back when these were usable which had none.

I was hit to the moon and still unharmed
Super Move "Serious Series" - Serious Strike

3788023-mob+psycho+100.gif

Sunshine Jesse

Sunshine Jesse

You don’t have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

• Gourmet Food
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,888 posts

Well, now there's alot more destruction prevention. Unlike the old days back when these were usable which had none.

Counterability does not imply balance in any way, shape, or form

While I continue to not be a gambling man, I'm reasonably sure that if I was...

GwhLrzF.jpg

I wouldn't bet against her.

"Treat your religion like your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats."

Chance Furlong

Chance Furlong

Well, well, well...Whose first?

• Food
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,027 posts

The issues is that they are still broken :/ getting to partially nuke the field for playing 1 card is bad design initself and these wreak of it.

145uh0.png

DL 

DL 

YAHOOO!

• Succulent Delicacy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 47,750 posts
I honestly, like these cards

They're still horribly broken, and whoever uses them should be ashamed, but I wuv Raigeki.

It wasnt as useful back then, imo, since most people only ever had around 1-2 monsters/spells and traps around anyway

"The cards life DLs you are the ones you're stuck with"
hglr9jc7nrh3m7fhnqpv.gif

Epic thingy made by Renji

rest of siggy

Agro

Agro

Yay, blood!

• Night's Watch
  • 21,322 posts

And they're not usable now... why?

At least Dark Hole and Heavy can come with a cost if you have your own cards on the field. And many people have even called for THEM to be banned. Why the hell would we swap them for a worse option?

Posted Image

"Agro your pool party is very kinky~" -Elly Da Booty Hunter
"Agro booty is best booty. Only good booty. Your's and every else's boot sucks." -Daemon

Expelsword - 黎明

Expelsword - 黎明

Everything's according to plan...

• Gourmet Food
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,926 posts
There's not much to be said here.
While it is sometimes advantageous to destroy your own cards with Heavy Storm or Dark Hole, it is not so always.
Harpies Feather Duster and Raigeki remove the downside entirely.

As I always said in the past, the game does not work at a human level logic, but with its own logic.  To understand this game, you must understand the game's logic.  It does not follow obvious situations that the humans playing can see and stays very localized in the current timing.

34sqo21.jpg

Barty

Barty

Joker of the End Times~

• Food
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts
The only reason these would ever come off the banlist is to make Konami money.

That is the only possible sane reason for them coming off.

Good thing I brought my Axe Cane

2r68WSt.png

The Joker will Lock all....

Thanks to someone from CGC.

Armadilloz

Armadilloz

Your imaginary friend

• Succulent Delicacy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,083 posts
I get the feeling TC is implying that nobody uses Dark Hole/Storm while they control any cards, and is saying that Duster + Geki would do damn near the exact same thing if they swapped.
At first glance, yes, it could work.
But then, if you think about it, you realize you would just let people swarm for game, and then play Raigei/Duster on any defense you set up, to try and make a counter attack.
So yea, its a very bad idea.

d5b.gif
The ride... It never ends, does it....
32px-MrGame%26WatchHeadSSB4-3.png32px-ROBHeadSSB4-3.png32px-LittleMacHeadSSB4-3.png32px-BowserJrHeadSSB4-3.png32px-DuckHuntHeadSSB4-3.png32px-VillagerHeadSSB4-3.png

Zowayix

Zowayix

Advanced Member

• Rotten Meat
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Harpie's Feather Duster was unbelievably buffed from the anime. Its original effect was something along the lines of "Destroy a number of S/T your opponent controls up to the number of "Harpie" monsters you control." Either that, or it was simply "If you control a "Harpie" monster: Destroy all S/T your opponent controls."

That said, I'd like a version of Raigeki with the effect "At the start of your Main Phase 1: Destroy all monsters your opponent controls, then proceed to your End Phase."
Writing a haiku
With seventeen syllables
Is really diffi--

Zeppeli Gyro Supreme

Zeppeli Gyro Supreme

Nyo-ho~!

• Gourmet Food
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,774 posts
If they brought back Raigeki instead of Dark Hole, my Golem Swap deck would become even more powerful.

STVB

STVB

R.I.P. America

• Food
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
im pretty sure the meta can handle these cards, people can swarm the field with monsters in most decks in one turn. plus noobs would just misuse these cards when their opponent only has 2 monsters or spell/traps or even just 1, i should know, it happened to me a few times
PSN - STVH1295

3DS FC - 5455 - 9682 - 0735

Dueling Network Name - <STVH>

Wii U Name - STVH1295

Posted Image

Expelsword - 黎明

Expelsword - 黎明

• Gourmet Food
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,926 posts
Uh, no.
The meta cannot handle these cards. They are strictly better versions of cards that have been banned before.

As I always said in the past, the game does not work at a human level logic, but with its own logic.  To understand this game, you must understand the game's logic.  It does not follow obvious situations that the humans playing can see and stays very localized in the current timing.

34sqo21.jpg

STVB

STVB

R.I.P. America

• Food
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
previously banned because people were butthurt over them (and some are still are) and constantly b****ed and moaned
PSN - STVH1295

Wii U Name - STVH1295

Posted Image

Expelsword - 黎明

Expelsword - 黎明

• Gourmet Food
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,926 posts
You're a fool if you can't see how broken these two are.

34sqo21.jpg

STVB

STVB

R.I.P. America

• Food
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
oh i know theyre very broken, so are inzektors, six sams, and stardust assault mode
PSN - STVH1295

Wii U Name - STVH1295

Posted Image

Expelsword - 黎明

Expelsword - 黎明

• Gourmet Food
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,926 posts
The difference is that they are where they need to be on the list.
Saying that because the game is full of broken cards we can add more broken cards is idiotic; it would only make it worse.

And FYI, SD/AM is hardly as good as it used to be. Warning kills a lot of its playability.

34sqo21.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users