[center][img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120530134329/yugioh/images/thumb/2/23/HarpiesFeatherDuster-BP01-EN-R-1E.png/300px-HarpiesFeatherDuster-BP01-EN-R-1E.png[/img][img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120530134642/yugioh/images/thumb/d/d3/Raigeki-BP01-EN-R-1E.png/300px-Raigeki-BP01-EN-R-1E.png[/img][/center]

[center]If Heavy & DH were to be swapped for these, do you think the meta could handle it? Are these still to broken to be knocked up to limited?[/center]

[quote name='♥ D.A._Endermen ♥' timestamp='1349202100' post='6036509']
Well, now there's alot more destruction prevention. Unlike the old days back when these were usable which had none.
[/quote]

The issues is that they are still broken :/ getting to partially nuke the field for playing 1 card is bad design initself and these wreak of it.

I honestly, like these cards

They're still horribly broken, and whoever uses them should be ashamed, but I wuv Raigeki.

It wasnt as useful back then, imo, since most people only ever had around 1-2 monsters/spells and traps around anyway

[quote name='♥ D.A._Endermen ♥' timestamp='1349202100' post='6036509']
Well, now there's alot more destruction prevention. Unlike the old days back when these were usable which had none.
[/quote]And they're not usable now... why?

At least Dark Hole and Heavy can come with a cost if you have your own cards on the field. And many people have even called for THEM to be banned. Why the hell would we swap them for a worse option?

I get the feeling TC is implying that nobody uses Dark Hole/Storm while they control any cards, and is saying that Duster + Geki would do damn near the exact same thing if they swapped.
At first glance, yes, it could work.
But then, if you think about it, you realize you would just let people swarm for game, and then play Raigei/Duster on any defense you set up, to try and make a counter attack.
So yea, its a very bad idea.

Harpie's Feather Duster was unbelievably buffed from the anime. Its original effect was something along the lines of "Destroy a number of S/T your opponent controls up to the number of "Harpie" monsters you control." Either that, or it was simply "If you control a "Harpie" monster: Destroy all S/T your opponent controls."

That said, I'd like a version of Raigeki with the effect "At the start of your Main Phase 1: Destroy all monsters your opponent controls, then proceed to your End Phase."

im pretty sure the meta can handle these cards, people can swarm the field with monsters in most decks in one turn. plus noobs would just misuse these cards when their opponent only has 2 monsters or spell/traps or even just 1, i should know, it happened to me a few times

The difference is that they are where they need to be on the list.
Saying that because the game is full of broken cards we can add more broken cards is idiotic; it would only make it worse.

And FYI, SD/AM is hardly as good as it used to be. Warning kills a lot of its playability.

Yeah. It simply reduces the modest tactics required to use Heavy Storm or Dark Hole. For example:

Player A: Some field of swarmed crap. I dunno, Chaos Dragons or something.

Player B: 1 set monster (it's Marshmallon, because Marshmallon is a predatory marshmallow melon)

Player A is concerned about Player B's monster. But Player A can't do s*** about it, because using Dark Hole would be counterproductive. But Player A [i]can[/i] use Raigeki, and it isn't a waste, because if he uses it, he will win this turn.

Or, put more generally, with Dark Hole, you always know you are safe as long as the number of monsters you control is equal to or less than the number of monsters your opponent controls, because if your opponent plays Dark Hole when you have equal or fewer monsters, they're just screwing themselves. Raigeki doesn't come with the same insurance.

[quote name='Dr. Cakey Arclight' timestamp='1349275703' post='6037019']
Or, put more generally, with Dark Hole, you always know you are safe as long as the number of monsters you control is equal to or less than the number of monsters your opponent controls, because if your opponent plays Dark Hole when you have equal or fewer monsters, they're just screwing themselves. Raigeki doesn't come with the same insurance.
[/quote]

Not always true.
If I have 3 Scapegoat tokens versus your Five Headed Dragon, Dark Hole is still productive.

Archived