Photo

Pony Friendship is Magic - An MPL: FiM Set

* * * * * 1 votes mane six derpy hooves time turner celestia luna discord cakes family extra ponies mpl: fim

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Xi-3

Xi-3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
How did I become a Brony? Part of the credit for this lies with this very site, and the many people who have already made sets based on My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Without you Bronies, I would have never thought to look at a single episode of this show that is supposedly intended just for little girls. Without going too far into that and off the topic of my cards, yeah I've joined the Herd.
Card Background and Explanation of Custom Terms

Tier 1 Ponies

Pony Pets

Tier 2 Ponies

Tier 3 Ponies

Human Forms

Life Points Spells

Resource Spells

Equip and Related Spells

Other Spells

Hey, I have a lot of cards, so maybe making a new section will be easier for everypony!

Traps That Pinkie Pie Set

A Lady sets her traps separately

Pony Fusions

Who, me? I'd rather not spoil the surprise.

Whew! Finally finished. I appreciate any comments, suggestions, and feedback anypony might have for improvement.

FreelancerRaiko

FreelancerRaiko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
Personally think fluttershy should affect Beast, Beast Warrior, and Winged Beast.

Xi-3

Xi-3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
I'd like her to affect all Beast-Types and subtypes, if there was a simple way to phrase it without the text getting Apple-tinied. Anypony have any ideas?

EDIT: I found a picture I intended to use for a card in another file. Here it is:
Posted Image

EDIT: This set is so large you could make 2 completely different decks with it. It's really hard choosing cards, but I suppose that's a testament to how useful they all are. Everypony, do you best.

Xi-3

Xi-3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
I've added "Gift of the Pheonix Feather" into Other Spells, and "Creative Friend - Lauren Faust" to Fusion Ponies.

Teaching dragon

Teaching dragon

teacher of dragons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Random card I made[attachment=35573:image.jpg]
You can't run or hide from me

Teaching dragon

Teaching dragon

teacher of dragons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
[attachment=35574:image.jpg][attachment=35574:image.jpg]
Here's one card I think is pretty good

Teaching dragon

Teaching dragon

teacher of dragons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Hello?

Xi-3

Xi-3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
If you want to start your own MLP set you can also start your own thread, as I believe posting cards on another person's thread is generally frowned-upon, as is double-or triple-posting (please do feel free to use the Edit button) unless you're adding new essential information, or sufficient time has passed. I'm not sure what it is, actually.

When you do post cards, you can use the Image button (between the Link and Code (< >) buttons to post the image, via its direct share URL on a site like Imageshack or Photobucket, directly to the page. It will thus display at full size, instead of being much smaller as an attachment.

As to your cards, it would not be the canon but Pinkie herself who would negate most arguments, by virtue of being a minor reality warper and major toon-forcer. On the other hand, any card that grants an automatic win, especially those that are easy to use, are highly suspect of being overpowered, in my opinion. It's a good thing I know that this is a joke card, rather than being anything serious.

For "MLP - Megazord," I believe correct OCG is: "This card gains 1000 ATK and DEF for every Trap Card in either Graveyard." I also believe it should be at least a Level 10, and a Fusion Monster, because if I remember correctly, that is the nature of the Megazord robots: they fuse. The monster's level needs to be raised, also, because its effect will grant high power to it, practically no matter what -- although the deck I put together from my own set doesn't have so many Trap Cards.

A good start, even with joke cards.

FreelancerRaiko

FreelancerRaiko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
The phoenix feather card should focus on revival rather than pyro and fire monsters.

Maxxion

Maxxion

Bronze Saint, Cygnus Hyoga!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
HOly ass, it's Raiko from DMG.

Xi-3

Xi-3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
What, you mean like a 'Fenix Down' effect? I think you need more feathers for that -- like a whole wing. When I made the cards I thought of revival or preservation as a function that Philomena or Peewee could carry. The feather being a very temporary enhancile made sense. Of course, if anypony could figure out a way to make Raiko's proposal work I'd be open to suggestions.

In testing, because I could never get more than two of the Mane Six fielded before I used "Smiles for Swordsmen" (from my "Aww Factor Deck)," I summoned their ultimate forms, but also left them vulnerable to effects. At the same time, I managed to recycle "Iron Will's Dynamo Seminar" and "Assertive Without Bullying" to the extent that not even Evangeline could touch Zecora or Fluttershy. After that I adopted a more conservative strategy that left my ponies less vulnerable to effects, but I still never managed to get all the Elements out. Because Evangeline was mostly playing along instead of using her effects, my "Pony Friends Deck" fell somewhere between my "Azure Wing Deck" and "Aww Factor Deck" for effectiveness and power. Considering AF is second only to my "Ala Alba Deck," and I never got all the cards I wanted for a full-power deployment, that's pretty good.

Xi-1

Xi-1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

The Facebook accounts are no longer linked, so please find new cards inspired by the show here.

I decided to add Cloudchaser and Snowflake for their roles in 'Wonderbolts Academy.' I added Flitter because she's Cloudchaser's twin, and Blossomforth because her design makes her stand out, alongside her excessive flexibility.

The new cards for Twilight Sparkle are just new versions that account for her new summoning option. It's nearly the same case with the slightly less malicious Discord (who can be used almost beside the old version).

I've gone and created a way to have all 6 Elements of Harmony in the same card, however I have placed a rather harsh restriction on its use: all 6 users must be available to use them. That should balance things out, while freeing up 4 other cards slots for those who want to take the original versions of the Elements from their Decks.

The new versions of Cadence and Armour are leveled-up versions, not replacements. They represent them as their new roles: The Crystal Princess and her consort (or Empress and Emperor).

The Shuffled Friends are interesting: similar to the set-up with "Iron Will's Dynamo Seminar" and "Assertive Without Bullying," you need to go through a massive blowback (negation of their original effects) to get to a huge pay-off (a power boost and Trap Negation in this case).

Tier-1 Ponies
Shuffled Friends
New Humanizations
New Spells Twilight Learned
Somepony Will Get Trapped
New Fusions
Fixed Cards
Twilight Sparkle Linear Mode

ultimahoratop5_ver1.jpg

Ulti-Mahora '3-A' 2012 Top 5
Ulti-Mahora 'Ex' 2012 Top 5
2011 Negima CPT Top 5

Browse and Comment on my Custom Yu-Gi-Oh Cardmaker Sets:
- Ala Alba Reborn - Celestial Being Repair - Dungeon Crawlers (Azure Wing) -
- Cuteness Counterattack - Star Wars Legacy (Alliance) - Star Wars Legacy (Empire) -
Avengers (Main) - New Avengers - Reserve Avengers - Secret Avengers
Accel Linkers (Accel World) - Ponies In My Sig? Eiyup! - Online Defenders (SAO)

- Kenny (2 cards) - Femme Fatale Fables -

Xi-1

Xi-1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

I thought I should supply some background on Gearhead before I post him, so...

On Herd Verdant and the Codex Vernata
On Gearhead
Gearhead Cards

Gearhead himself has little use for fashion, however he found his products were much more marketable if they were -- and what better advertisement but for him to wear some of his Gadgets? The hat he's wearing has a small geared wheel on the inside near the ear. It allows a pony to extend or retract the brim for as much or little cover as needed. The vest has all kinds of pockets for tools and other hoofy things, which can be bumped out with a snout or hoof. The earthy-coloured coat and mane are typical of Herd Verdant.

The stripes are actually scars, from Gearhead's many experiments. One such experiment with the prototype Alicorn Engine left him absorbing a large amount of solar particles, with some changes as a result. The protype was actually a single cone. The one featured in the picture rests between stabilizing (no pun intended) wings. The increase in power from the stabilizers wasn't high enough for Gearhead to expect to be able to take on Discord alone, so he went to a dual-core system instead (it wasn't available in the game at Hubworld (I play Monopoly there), though).

Gearhead learns to materialize a horn by generating enough energy from the Alicorn Engine, and because Discord inverted him from a Pony of Science to a Sorcerous Stallion, complete with Elizabethan 'Thee's' and 'Thou's.' Discord reverted Gearhead rather quickly because the latter kept insisting on blasting the former magically with his horn. By remembering the feeling of having a horn, Gearhead was able to produce it even as a scientifically-inclined pony.

In the last card, Celestia taught Gearhead how to generate wings and a horn without the Alicorn Engine. The concentration of particles for him is now so high they've even healed his old scars. By science or magic,. Gearhead has become a great power, and through his link to the sun, perhaps a successor.

Name Your House

ultimahoratop5_ver1.jpg

2011 Negima CPT Top 5

- Cuteness Counterattack - Star Wars Legacy (Alliance) - Star Wars Legacy (Empire) -

Xi-1

Xi-1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

I would like an opinion on a change I want to make:

I was thinking of changing Celestia's and Luna's summoning requirements to be the same as "Zekken Yuuki Online" and "Absolute Healer Shiune Online." Celestia would be the one requiring banishing 3 unique-named monsters from the Graveyard (fittingly enough since she banishes so many dark ponies), and Luna would be the one requiring returning 3 unique-named monsters from the Banished Pile to the bottom of the Deck (which could also fit since her night-time job, revealed in 'Sleepless in Ponyville,' has her as a literal Night Mare).

What do you think?

ultimahoratop5_ver1.jpg

2011 Negima CPT Top 5

Xi-1

Xi-1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Added fixed versions:

- Mare Do Well - Twilight Sparkle

- Royal Friend - Princess Celestia

- Royal Friend - Princess Luna

Added Linear Mode versions:

- Pony Friend - Mage Twilight Sparkle

- Royal Friend - Princess Twilight Sparkle

- Friend - Princess Twilight Sparkle

Added Gearhead cards.

As always, feedback is welcome. And as you can probably tell, I'm getting a bit into the world-building.

ultimahoratop5_ver1.jpg

2011 Negima CPT Top 5

jordansparkes

jordansparkes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Brilliant set, must of put some serious time and effort into these!

All the pictures, effects and names work so well. Bravo.

Xi-1

Xi-1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Thank you for your compliments. Yes, it did take a significant amount of time to create the cards once I had the pictures. But I feel it is well worth the effort, as I believe I am accurately reflecting the characters and the story development. I welcome more feedback to help me to make them more accurate.

I am also looking forward to season 4, whenever they get around to it.

ultimahoratop5_ver1.jpg

2011 Negima CPT Top 5

Xi-1

Xi-1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

While I was searching for a picture I could use for "Fable - Twilight Belle," I found a bunch of newer Humanization pictures. I decided to use them for armed humanizations the same way I already had for Rarity. I also found a bunch of Humanizations for other ponies, but without weapons. Here is a list of the new additions, all to be found under the 'New Humanizations' section of Post 12:

- Friend - Cloudchaser: Pictures really do last longer. No special conditions, because it's so weak.

- Friend - Derpy Hooves: I couldn't resist making one for Derpy. Still a destructive force, or probably more so with that axe.

- Friend - Lyra Heartstrings: Does she tug at your heartstrings? The last of the Level 4 humanizations. So far.

- Friend - Archer Applejack: Strong enough to operate both crossbows at once without losing any speed. I think a BFS would suit her better.

- Friend - Kind Fetter Fluttershy: 'Fetter' as in 'chain' or 'bindings,' a la the Fetters of Rime spell from Betrayal at Krondor, which paralyzes the target after rendering damage.

- Friend - Whirlblades Pinkie Pie: All that energy has to go somewhere.

- Friend - Jagged Edge Rainbow Dash: The pose is somewhat regrettable, however that blade can still do great damage.

- Friend - Firestriker Spike: Him vs Negi?

- Friend - Prince Shining Armour: Finally he looks knightly.

- Friend - Heartseeker Princess Cadence: 'Heartseeker' is the nickname of Catti-brie's longbow, Taulmaril, due to its accuracy. I have it in my Dungeon Crawlers Set.

- Friend - Sun Raiser Celestia: A reference to the XN-Raiser, perhaps?

- Friend - Dreamblades Luna: As a dreamwalking night mare, Luna has powers that are similar to that of a Succubus. In a good way.

- Friends - Flitterchaser: I couldn't resist making this one, even with so little power.

ultimahoratop5_ver1.jpg

2011 Negima CPT Top 5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users