Lswarm Deck (not pro deck)

Zazubat

The Puppet Magic of Dark Ruler does nothing you cannot do with, say, Call of the Haunted. Hyde Ride is not that useful except as a target for Tour Guide, and there are three better choices for this Deck: Sangan because it searches, Steelswarm Sentine because it matches, and Dark Resonator because it protects your Life Points if you topdeck it and it's a Tuner anyways.

I recommend Recurring Nightmare over Monster Reincarnation.

You don't need more than 1 Genome. Try a Foolish Burial to speed out Street Patrol and Scout.

Sinister Seeds and Mausoleum, for the most part, make your monsters big vanillas. If you were running Longhorn and only needed half the Tribute to be Steelswarm I'd understand, but all your Tribute Monsters need all-Swarm Tributes.

Your Extra Deck should be mostly Rank 4 monsters and some Rank 5, with maybe four Synchros to work with Stygian Security.

[quote name='newhat' timestamp='1353137048' post='6071670']
The Puppet Magic of Dark Ruler does nothing you cannot do with, say, Call of the Haunted. Hyde Ride is not that useful except as a target for Tour Guide, and there are three better choices for this Deck: Sangan because it searches, Steelswarm Sentine because it matches, and Dark Resonator because it protects your Life Points if you topdeck it and it's a Tuner anyways.

I recommend Recurring Nightmare over Monster Reincarnation.

You don't need more than 1 Genome. Try a Foolish Burial to speed out Street Patrol and Scout.

Sinister Seeds and Mausoleum, for the most part, make your monsters big vanillas. If you were running Longhorn and only needed half the Tribute to be Steelswarm I'd understand, but all your Tribute Monsters need all-Swarm Tributes.

Your Extra Deck should be mostly Rank 4 monsters and some Rank 5, with maybe four Synchros to work with Stygian Security.
[/quote]I see some of your points, and will start to rework the deck a little, some of these cards I didn't know existed. The fact I don't use Longhorn is because I don't really need that powerful of a guy on the field, but I might concider it, though I don't see what you mean by needing tributes, the only card that needs it, unless you're talking about it's special effect, is Hercules, which I am not putting in cause it's not a very good card. The Pupper Magic I can kinda see why, but it's mostly because this card is faster if I draw it and have those in my grave, but I will change it. Yes, hyde ride is for tour guide, it put it in, cause it can both be a tuner and a non-tuner if I need it. I don't focus much on xyz or synchro in this deck, unless I have to search for Infestation Infection with Ophion, it's just an "in the moment situation" in case I have two monsters at level 4 or what ever. I'm not sure you mean Genome, as it doens't send anything to the graveyard from deck, you properly mean Infestation Tool, and I changed that to be only one. BTW, can I use Spell Economics on Mausoleum? Also, what do you mean by "matches" and "topdeck it"? I'm not good yu-gi-oh :P

[IMG]http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w473/Zaziuma/u68wG.png[/IMG]

Contagion(the Continuous Trap, w/e) should be in 2s or 3s.
Also things like Mausoleum and various Token-producers are useless with Steelswarms, since their effects only really trigger when they are Tribute Summoned via Tributing a Steelswarm.
Oh, and Genome is absolutely useless.

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1353171056' post='6071832']
Contagion(the Continuous Trap, w/e) should be in 2s or 3s.
Also things like Mausoleum and various Token-producers are useless with Steelswarms, since their effects only really trigger when they are Tribute Summoned via Tributing a Steelswarm.
Oh, and Genome is absolutely useless.
[/quote]In what wasy is that card useless, it's great for 2 tribute summons, is there something here I'm missing? I know that it can't trigger Steelswarm Caucastag, but in some cases you don't want that, what am I missing? also, the reason I have a token generator is in case I sit with a lot of high level monsters in my hand, but can't summon them.

[quote name='Zaziuma' timestamp='1322273078' post='6071860']
In what wasy is that card useless, it's great for 2 tribute summons, is there something here I'm missing? I know that it can't trigger Steelswarm Caucastag, but in some cases you don't want that, what am I missing? also, the reason I have a token generator is in case I sit with a lot of high level monsters in my hand, but can't summon them.
[/quote]

It does trigger the effect of Caucastag. It would be totally useless otherwise. The problem is that you have to expend resources to keep Genome alive, then you have to hope you can resolve the effect of Caucastag. Genome is ONLY for Caucastag and Longhorn.

Mantis, Girastag and Moth only need 1 Tribute. You don't need the Token generator to Summon them; you can just use Scout or Cell. Having reliable ways to bring out Scout or Cell will serve you better than Mausoleum (which does not work with Spell Economics by the way). I suggested Foolish Burial because it's best to dump Genome so it can sit in your Graveyard until you draw the Caucastag or Longhorn to use it with, and then revive Genome with Infestation Ripples. Foolish Burial is also an easy inlet for Scout and Stygian Street Patrol.

I would recommend no Longhorn, Caucastag or Genome until you've had a lot of practice with this Deck. They are not commonly used, it's hard to kill more cards than you invested in bringing them out, and they're mainly good for the "surprise" factor (for example, Starlight Road would normally be a liability against Steelswarm, so Caucastag might take out a lot of cards at once).

The main use of Steelswarm Mantis is to combo with Caller. You Tribute Caller for Mantis, use Caller to Summon another Caller from the Deck, use Mantis to revive the first Caller, and overlay them into Ophion. (That's also the only reason to use Mandragora; it's not a Steelswarm so it doesn't work with Girastag.) The other use of Mantis is to revive another Mantis so you can make a Rank 5 Xyz Monster. I'd suggest Tiras or Adreus instead of Shark Drake.

[quote name='newhat' timestamp='1353178616' post='6071932']
It does trigger the effect of Caucastag. It would be totally useless otherwise. The problem is that you have to expend resources to keep Genome alive, then you have to hope you can resolve the effect of Caucastag. Genome is ONLY for Caucastag and Longhorn.
Mantis, Girastag and Moth only need 1 Tribute. You don't need the Token generator to Summon them; you can just use Scout or Cell. Having reliable ways to bring out Scout or Cell will serve you better than Mausoleum (which does not work with Spell Economics by the way). I suggested Foolish Burial because it's best to dump Genome so it can sit in your Graveyard until you draw the Caucastag or Longhorn to use it with, and then revive Genome with Infestation Ripples. Foolish Burial is also an easy inlet for Scout and Stygian Street Patrol.
I would recommend no Longhorn, Caucastag or Genome until you've had a lot of practice with this Deck. They are not commonly used, it's hard to kill more cards than you invested in bringing them out, and they're mainly good for the "surprise" factor (for example, Starlight Road would normally be a liability against Steelswarm, so Caucastag might take out a lot of cards at once).
The main use of Steelswarm Mantis is to combo with Caller. You Tribute Caller for Mantis, use Caller to Summon another Caller from the Deck, use Mantis to revive the first Caller, and overlay them into Ophion. (That's also the only reason to use Mandragora; it's not a Steelswarm so it doesn't work with Girastag.) The other use of Mantis is to revive another Mantis so you can make a Rank 5 Xyz Monster. I'd suggest Tiras or Adreus instead of Shark Drake.
[/quote]You seem to forget that you can still tribute monsters without needing Steelswarm cards, the might not get an effect, but it makes them useful. Though I might concider your Mantis combo. I also have Foolish Burial if you hadn't realized. I have Mausoleum & Sinister in case I need them out fast, not for reliability. Is there any other card that I could swap out for that, if you really think it's useless?

[quote name='newhat' timestamp='1353197897' post='6072190']
Didn't see Burial.

Bringing out your Steelswarms without using Steelswarm Tributes removes their effects. If you want to get use out of dead cards in your hand, try One for One or Phoenix Wing Wind Blast.
[/quote]Well first off, Longhorn & Girastag both only need 1, so you could use the effect to just need 1 tribute less, making it easier if you have fewer, though Girastag has it's own effect which makes it unneccesary, but I still want to keep it. Burial is right next to tour guide, if you hadn't noticed. EDIT: I added Miracal Wake in case I sit with either Scout, Genome or Scout face-up that I want to tribute in my next turn. I also added One for One, cause that's a pretty badass card. I removed Sinister Seed & some other card I can't remember. Here's the newer deck: [IMG]http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w473/Zaziuma/LAqHB.png[/IMG]

EDIT: Do you think I should add Advance Force? That way I can tribute Mantis or Moth to still get the effect for less monsters.

Archived