What to side against Fire Fists

Fire fists are going to be meta next format, there is no doubt about that. So, we need to get ready for them. Here you guys can share which cards you think would be good sides against them, and why.

Some stuff I think would work or has worked:

1. I found that card destruction really hurts them because it takes all that crap they built up with chicken and completely shatters it. After that, the only topdecks they have are backrow, the level 4 fire fists (which aren't much of a threat by themselves anyways), and random spell cards.

2. MST really hurts them, even more so than other decks because if you MST their tenki, they are forced to take an extra turn or two to regain their setup.

3. Veiler sets them back 2-3 turns because they have to start all over again if you hit their spirit, but that's a give-in. Besides, I think that everyone mains 2-3 anyways.

What do you guys think would work against them?

Just side Dust Tornado. They have the potential to adapt to siding DiFi and also have the ability to side Gozen and Rivalry. There's nothing really too narrow to side against them but being able to shut down their Tenkis and Tensus is important.

Lance is pretty good too but doesn't really cause much of an impact in the side.

[quote name='♥ D.A._Siegfried ♥' timestamp='1356833316' post='6105696']
Isn't there some continuous trap card that shuts down 2 face-down spell/trap cards? It's not great but hey it's something I guess.
[/quote]
Xing Zhen Hu, but that card is had.

I've just realized that TKRO can hurt them quite a bit.

[quote name='Archlord Sora' timestamp='1356836991' post='6105702']
Xing Zhen Hu, but that card is had.

I've just realized that TKRO can hurt them quite a bit.
[/quote]

TKRO doesn't hurt Fire Fists as bad as you would hope though. They still can set cards from the deck, Bear can still pop Rai-Oh with Tensu plays, and they still gain ATK boosts that would be able to run down Rai-Oh. Rai-Oh would only be useful against Fire Fists if they have opened up horribly, and you play Rai-Oh first turn. Besides, Fire Fists should logically be able to have Rai-Oh in their Side Deck as well.

Lance is great against them (especially in a mirror). Spell-Shattering Arrow is always an option, especially if Sams show up again somehow.

Dust Tornado, Twister, extra MST if you're not running 3.

Royal Decree. Skill Drain. Fiendish.

Macro is pretty okay depending on if they're playing the Chicken or not.

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1356839665' post='6105825']
Lance is great against them (especially in a mirror). Spell-Shattering Arrow is always an option, especially if Sams show up again somehow.
Dust Tornado, Twister, extra MST if you're not running 3.
Royal Decree. Skill Drain. Fiendish.
Macro is pretty okay depending on if they're playing the Chicken or not.
[/quote]
Who isn't playing the Chicken?

[quote name='Archlord Sora' timestamp='1356840696' post='6105848']
Chicken build is still a bajillion times better, and it's the one we need to worry about this format.
[/quote]
Screw the fact that another build exists, and did really well in a big tourney, it doesn't matter!

I'm more afraid of the other build... it can run Macro if it wanted to.

[quote name='Archlord Sora' timestamp='1356844713' post='6105888']
Then don't side macro if you're just worried about bear control. :/
[/quote]Fire Fist beat can side Macro too. :\

They just side out Wolfberk and POOF, you're wasting space.

[quote name='Canadian' timestamp='1356884177' post='6106095']
Skill Drain + MST's will do just fine. I am convinced that HEROs will become a viable choice again for beating this deck. Its also decent against Agents and Rabbit..
[/quote]Everyone likes Nova Master. 8D

Archived